Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Add/Remove leagues problem...

Part-Timer
    Playing FM here: http://fm-fmo.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by interesti88 View Post
    Just wondering how do I use FMRTE to clear some players out? I have over 206000+ players and over 10500+ staff with only 4 leagues loaded, and I'm in the year 2016. Please help thank you
    Load your save into FMRTE and use the search option to list all players with a maximium PA of 80.

This should bring up 1000's of players, most of them the newgens the game is mass producing.

Use the mass edit feature to make all those players 90 years old, expire all their contracts, reduce their CA & PA's to 10, and their reputations and attributes to 1 (so no one will resign them). Remember to save your edits in FMRTE.

It can take a few months to a few seasons for them to start leaving the game, so its not a perfect solution (you may have to holiday a season or two if your game is currently unplayable).

But in hindsight its probably a waste of time using FMRTE since your game will keep mass creating players anyway and the more you use FMRTE on your save the more chance it'll corrupt it.

If I were you I'd just start a new game and avoid adding leagues once its underway. It'll save yourself all the hassle, dissapoitment and inevitable frustration when either FM or FMRTE finally kills your game.
    Last edited by Erimus1876; 09-05-2012 at 20:14.

Amateur

Thanks for the help Erimus, yeah I think I might start a new save even though it'll kill me. By the way my current save isn't unplayable but it has slowed down tremendously. I didn't know notice it was because of the add/remove feature until I read this thread and found out I had well over 206000+ players in my database.

Hopefully this feature gets fixed in the next FM

Amateur

Thank you from me as well. I was contemplating about using the feature to possibly add some additional leagues at some point down the line. I kind of feel like I've just dodged a bullet by having read this thread.

To be honest, this information needs to be made into a sticky as it's that important for players to know.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    Has anyone encountered a dramatic increase when adding leagues which do not include either Brazil or 'custom' leagues? Let us know, thanks.
    Yes. I have. Had a large DB started with England down to the bottom around 20K players. I added France (ligue 2) and Scotland (Premier) about 4 season in and it increased by 100K players.

Amateur

I have the same issue, I started the game with roughly 22000 players. I got a new laptop and decided to add the german leagues to my save.

I now have 109000 players in my game. Five times more than i started with.

Now im stuck with what i should do!

Amateur

It's almost a month since the last post from a SI employee on this issue. They need to get some better PC's if it's taking this long to run a test.

Amateur

Any feedback?

Amateur

Wish I had read this earlier. Come on SI this IS not good enough.
    I will also wait before I buy FM13 to see how bad the bugs are.

Amateur

silence is not golden in this case...i'd like to play again!

Semi Pro

The same SI employee who made an appearance here was also commenting on the likelihood of a new patch in this thread ( http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7825572 ), saying there won't be another patch. Despite my asking him about this specific problem, he hasn't replied since, and that was over a week ago.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't appreciate leaving suggestions and being helpful, trying to help fix a problem, only to be left hanging by people who forget, move on and then casually break the news in a different thread entirely. Not good enough.

We're investigating the issue as we've said previously - the issue you've highlighted in that other thread is different to the one here - that's related leagues being added when saves started in 12.0 are moved onto a different machine in a later version.

We've always said there are no current plans for any further updates for FM12. In no way was this issue forgotten, I'm afraid at this moment in time I don't have any further information to update you with.

Okay, anyone who has encountered this issue within their save, please upload your save game to the FTP then PM me the following details:

The name of your file, which leagues you added and ideally if you can remember when (as in which season rather than the exact date).

FTP details can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...P-Instructions

Thanks.

Amateur

Hello everybody.
    I'm here because i've been experiancing the same problem as you guys and i want to share some datas.

I'm currently playing the year 2035 and i have 335000 players in my database. I have many saves for this game for i save on a different file each time i moved from one club to another. During this game i've added and deleted leagues on several occasions.

So for every save i have, i'm going to tell several datas : The date Ingame, leagues which are loaded, the number of players, the number of Asian, South American and African for i have loaded leagues from those continents at least once in the game. Maybe those datas will be useful to understand the problem.

1st save :
    Date Ingame : 2013, 5th October
    Number of leagues : 22
    Leagues Loaded : Germany (3rd Level), England (4th Level), Brazil (2nd Level), Spain (3rd Level), France (3rd Level), Italia (3rd Level), Russia (2nd Level), Ukrain (2nd Level)
    Number of players : 55883
    Number of Asian players : 1338
    Number of South American players : 9576
    Number of African players : 3884

2nd save :
    Date Ingame : 2020, 14th July
    Number of Leagues : 20
    Leagues Loaded : Germany (1st Level), England (4th Level), Brazil (1st Level), Spain (2nd Level), France (3rd Level), Italia (2nd Level), Russia (2nd Level), Ukrain (1st Level), China (2nd Level), Australia (1st Level), South Korea (1st Level)
    Number of players : 189358
    Number of Asian players : 12642 (so almost 10000 players added for an addition of only 4 leagues)
    Number of South American players : 21201 (more than 10000 players added for one league removed)
    Number of African players : 13620

3rd save
    Date Ingame : 2023, 31th January
    Number of leagues : 18
    Leagues Loaded : Germany (1st Level), England (4th Level), Brazil (1st Level), Spain (2nd Level), France (3rd Level), Italia (2nd Level), Russia (2nd Level), Chine (2nd level), Peru (1st level) and the Uruguayan league (1st level) is planned to be loaded but not loaded yet
    Number of players : 250804
    Number of Asian players : 16289
    Number of South American players : 29482
    Number of African players : 20687

So at this point we can see that my number of african players increased of almost 20000 even though the south african league has neven be added in my game.

4th save :
    Date Ingame : 2025, 17th August
    Number of leagues : 16
    Leagues Loaded : Germany (1st Level), England (4th Level), Brazil (1st Level), Spain (2nd Level), France (3rd Level), Italia (2nd Level), Russia (2nd Level), Peru (1st level)
    Number of players : 293716
    Number of Asian players : 13898
    Number of South American players : 30362
    Number of African players : 23404

5th save :
    Date Ingame : 2026, 26th July
    Number of leagues : 17
    Leagues Loaded : Germany (1st Level), England (4th Level), Brazil (1st Level), Spain (2nd Level), France (3rd Level), Italia (2nd Level), Russia (2nd Level), Peru (1st level), Argentina (1st level)
    Number of players : 319936
    Number of Asian players : 15201
    Number of South American players : 32862
    Number of African players : 24600

6th save :
    Date Ingame : 2027, 12th May
    Number of leagues : 17
    Leagues Loaded : Germany (1st Level), England (4th Level), Brazil (1st Level), Spain (2nd Level), France (3rd Level), Italia (2nd Level), Russia (2nd Level), Peru (1st level), Argentina (1st level)
    Number of players : 340183
    Number of Asian players : 16528
    Number of South American players : 35978
    Number of African players : 26310

7th save :
    Date Ingame : 2031, 17th May
    Number of leagues : 12
    Leagues Loaded : Germany (1st Level), England (2nd Level), Spain (1st Level), France (3rd Level), Italia (1st Level), Russia (2nd Level), South Africa (2nd level) and the serbian league is planned to be loaded
    Number of players : 316423
    Number of Asian players : 16262
    Number of South American players : 20276
    Number of African players : 26071

8th save :
    Date Ingame : 2034, 11th December
    Number of leagues : 10
    Leagues Loaded : Germany (1st Level), England (2nd Level), Spain (1st Level), France (3rd Level), Italia (1st Level), Russia (2nd Level)
    Number of players : 312244
    Number of Asian players : 16276
    Number of South American players : 23395
    Number of African players : 24345

And the last save :
    Date Ingame : 2035, 9th May
    Number of leagues : 10
    Leagues Loaded : Germany (1st Level), England (2nd Level), Spain (1st Level), France (3rd Level), Italia (1st Level), Russia (2nd Level)
    Number of players : 333961
    Number of Asian players : 16963
    Number of South American players : 23939
    Number of African players : 24317

That's all i got. There is some things i don't understand. I don't know why the number of African and South American players is increasing that much even though i haven't loaded leagues from those continents yet. The second thing is that the number of Asian players increased when i loaded Australia, China and Korea and that's perfectly normal. But i'm not playing with leagues from Asia for a dozen years and i still have almost 17000 players from them. It's like the game kept in memory my choice to play there once and so it keeps creating a lot of players (to compensate those who retire) just in case i'd like to go back someday.

Anyway i hope those datas will help in some way and of course i'm ready to share those saves if someone want to look deeper into them.

Finally i want to apologize for the mistakes i probably made in english. I did what i could

First Team Squad Member

How are people seeing how many players are loaded into their save games? Is there a way to do it in game or do you have to have some third party tool to see the figures?

I'm interested in trying it out on my save to see how things are changing, so I'd be grateful if someone could let me know.

First Team Squad Member

For an accurate number I am pretty sure you would have to download something.

First Team Squad Member

Any idea what it is I need to download AB? Can you point me in the right direction!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Any idea what it is I need to download AB? Can you point me in the right direction!
    GenieScout and FMRTE should both give accurate numbers, I believe.

First Team Squad Member

Thanks BiggusD. I'll google them and try one out.

Amateur

@crouchaldinho : As it is mentionned, i'm using Genie Scout aswell. One you've downloaded it, you can load your save into it. Then it will load datas and once your save is loaded, in the bottom of the software, it will tell you how many players, club, and non players are found in the loaded save. After that you can filter the results by region to have the number of players in a specific area.

First Team Squad Member

Thanks Jerzy. I'll look into it.

I'm curious to see how much my database has grown over the time I've been playing my current save.

Amateur

So, if there is no solution to this problem come the end of August, would it be fair to say this feature would not be in FM2013?

Reserves

I don't think you could say that at all.

Amateur

Finally I understood why my Unirea save became unplayable after 4 seasons! When I tried to start the match, it would get stuck on the formation screen, and I had to restart everytime. at first it was happening maybe once every 5 games, but then became per game, so had to abandon that save which was really enjoyable. I used the add/remove leagues and noticed that the problems started once I added the Brazilian league! Thanks for solving this mystery

Amateur

@jmonfu : Try to launch the game in 2D (disable the 3D option in the preferences panel) it might help you a bit.

Amateur

do you reckon? Well that still would remove 80% of the fun of the game though. I much prefer 3D than 2D!

Sports Interactive Stuart Warren's Avatar

I'd suggest uploading your save game as well jmonfu (instructions further up the page from Neil) so that we can investigate - it may be an unrelated issue.

Amateur

surely every team you have that are playable would generate almost a new youth team every season then some of them players could be sold to teams that are in the leagues that are kept. so therefore more players are added to the savegame each season. i could be wrong and prob am lol but maybe that would b a contributing factor. maybe all the managers shortlists and scout reports would keep alot of players from a removed league active. again could be wrong lol.

Amateur

Stuart unfortunately I had deleted that old saved game, and at the moment I am currently in my 3rd season save on another one. I have not added any leagues, and noticing that its getting a bit slow, however I did not have the same problem as the previous save. If I do, I will upload this save

Part-Timer

I don't know if this will be of any help, but I started my safe with only 1 playable and 5 background leagues. After ~12 seasons I got a new pc and added some 15 leagues as playable (including the former 5 background). I guess I had 10-15000 players before the extra added leagues. Having played 3 seasons with the added leagues I am having ~67000 players. No where near the +200000 I see others have experienced... I have only European leagues loaded.

Amateur

Sikker, just play that savegame for about 5 to 6 seasons longer.
    The guys who have 200.000+ players are those who start long manager careers and their savegames last for way more than 10 seasons.

I gave up my game that was in 2022 (with about 240.000 players) and started a new one with active leagues England (1-6), Germany (1-3), Scotland (1-3) and viewonly for all main European countries (1-7 in the UEFA ranking).
    After 4 seasons the database is stable (even declining a bit) with about 51.000 players at the start and about 48.000 players at the moment.

So I would say:
    Don't touch the leagues you have chosen at the beginning of a game while you play.

First Team Squad Member

Having read through the thread, and from what others have told me, it seems that the 'remove leagues' option is safe to use? Is that right?

What are people's experiences with the remove league option? I'd be interested to hear them as I'm thinking of using it in my current long-term save.

Thanks.

Amateur

I dont know what I had at the start, but in 2019 according to Genie Scout I have 170086 plays, 11482 non-players and 39422 clubs.

I had italy, spain, england (france/germany/holland view only) from the start and added Russia about 2 years in.
    From that info does it appear I have been affected?

Part-Timer
    \'Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience\'

Is there a solution to this problem? If I put more RAM in will it ease the problem? Currently have 4 but can go to 8. Do the numbers top out at any point or will they just keep on increasing until the game corrupts and cannot run any more. It's going significantly slower in 2023 now.

Part-Timer
    \'Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience\'

Is this problem fixed in FM13? I haven't bought it yet, just waiting for the usual final patch in the next weeks, but I would ideally like to use this feature again on a long term game.

Moderator and Technical Support

The game has been out since Novemeber and there have been no reports so far of any issues with sensible use of this feature in FM 13.

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

Good to hear that, FrazT! Also, there haven't been any issues with adding/removing leagues that have a schedule from January-December rather than June-May, right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2