£10m to spend in the Championship.

with Wigan. 2013-2014 season.

They just got relegated from the Premiership and when looking through the squad had made some ludicrous signings (Bebe, Gosling, Cox).

Does anyone have any recommendations on who to sign? Looked at Sanogo but he'd cost £9m and always scouted Kadlec yet he always seems to have long injury lay offs.

I usually play the 4-1-1-3-1 formation.

Mainly I need a big, strong, pacey CDM (Essien type)

A skilful, goal-scoring winger (Matt Phillips is one I have in mind)

A quick-ish, quality finisher up front who can partner my new signing Artem Dzyuba

Thanks all.

Don't worry about it, for what it's you should check the reserve teams of big Premiership clubs, see who available on a free transfer, loan listed and transfer listed. If you post in that thread there is usually someone about to answer.

with Wigan. 2013-2014 season.

They just got relegated from the Premiership and when looking through the squad had made some ludicrous signings (Bebe, Gosling, Cox).

Does anyone have any recommendations on who to sign? Looked at Sanogo but he'd cost £9m and always scouted Kadlec yet he always seems to have long injury lay offs.

I usually play the 4-1-1-3-1 formation.

Mainly I need a big, strong, pacey CDM (Essien type)

A skilful, goal-scoring winger (Matt Phillips is one I have in mind)

A quick-ish, quality finisher up front who can partner my new signing Artem Dzyuba

Thanks all.

If you play 4-2-3-1 then how can you have someone partnering Dzyba?

Cox should tear up the Championship to be honest. Any upgrade on him wouldn't be worth the money you'd have to pay.

I also rate Dan Gosling very highly, he does excellently for my Newcastle side whenever Cabaye or Tiote are unavailable. He might not be the sort of player you want but he'll be a valuable asset to your squad. Mikele Leigertwood is probably the best example of that type of DM in the Championship, see if he's still good and available. Bristol City have a few players in that mould too, see if you can nab one of those (admittedly the game has moved on).

Phillips is a good shout. Do you still have Victor Moses? What about Sean Scannell, where is he?

Nick Montgomery is a machine of a holding midfielder, not terribly pacey though. If Paul Gallagher is available at Leicester, he's a very astute goal-scoring inside forward. Lloyd Dyer was a mini-revelation as a winger for my Leicester side. Won't cut it in the Premier League though sadly.

Archived