Cannot Loan Out Young Players!

I'm sure this has been reported before, but what is going on with the loan system? I have a bunch of players between 18-22 that I'm desperately trying to loan out, as they won't crack the starting lineup this season. But nobody wants them! These are all future stars, and they're yours for the whole season for no money! What can I do?

There's generally not much you can do besides making the most out of your feeder clubs, in England it seems easier to loan players out than on other leagues probably because of the high amount of lower league clubs.

If you brought a club from the lower leagues to the top tier it can also take a while for reputation to catch up and make other clubs to look up for you for loans.

A lot of time I have a problem with youngsters refusing to go on loan. I've had offers, they refused. I send them to feeder clubs, they refuse. After some experimentation, I figured out its because of their reputation. If they think they're the big dog, usually because they moved to a big club, and played maybe a couple first team games, they think they're too big for a league 1 side, even though they're only 17-18 years old.

A lot of time I have a problem with youngsters refusing to go on loan. I've had offers, they refused. I send them to feeder clubs, they refuse. After some experimentation, I figured out its because of their reputation. If they think they're the big dog, usually because they moved to a big club, and played maybe a couple first team games, they think they're too big for a league 1 side, even though they're only 17-18 years old.

Yes they don't "consider" their actual ability at all. If they are decent Championship quality players currently, but could become renowned internationals in a few years, they can't really be played in most Premiership matches. They will only consider top-half PL clubs or thereabouts, and they have no need for them of course. Your only hope is to find a good feeder club, or add a new manager to take over a suitable club and try to loan him. This doesn't always work either, so in that case you will have to edit the loaning club's reputation using FMRTE, which is the only thing that guarantees him accepting the loan move. Just edit it back after he joins them.

Until each player is actually aware of their ability, the reputation system will never be sufficient to simulate transfers in this game.

Yes they don't "consider" their actual ability at all. If they are decent Championship quality players currently, but could become renowned internationals in a few years, they can't really be played in most Premiership matches. They will only consider top-half PL clubs or thereabouts, and they have no need for them of course. Your only hope is to find a good feeder club, or add a new manager to take over a suitable club and try to loan him. This doesn't always work either, so in that case you will have to edit the loaning club's reputation using FMRTE, which is the only thing that guarantees him accepting the loan move. Just edit it back after he joins them.

Until each player is actually aware of their ability, the reputation system will never be sufficient to simulate transfers in this game.

Or edit the players reputation down, which I imagine would have less of an impact on your game.

SI really need to look at the loan system and either get their numbers right or find something better than reputation.

Agree with the whole rep thing I did have problems with player not accepting loan offers from other team but in the last two seasons I haven't had problem with loaning out player(s).

"But nobody wants them! These are all future stars, and they're yours for the whole season for no money!" Loan them out the day they got back from end of season vacation. Remember there are loan limits, the longer you wait to loan out your players the less likely teams will be needing him since they already use some of their loan allowance.

"I tried to add a feeder club early on in the season, but none of my board's suggestions were any good. Now I can't ask again, and I only have two feeders, both of which only have average training facilities and average managers." Got this problem too my board's suggestions are always L2/L1 teams while I need at least championship team to loan my players out to, already rejected them twice this year and my feeder team down to 3 now bleh... but getting first team plays even with average facilities/trainer is still much better than rotting in reserves/get a handful of game in a season as a backup (as long as it's a competitive enough league for your player) so your feeder still a great choice if you're too late in loaning out players

I'm sure this has been reported before, but what is going on with the loan system? I have a bunch of players between 18-22 that I'm desperately trying to loan out, as they won't crack the starting lineup this season. But nobody wants them! These are all future stars, and they're yours for the whole season for no money! What can I do?

Welcome to reality in FM 2012 world!

Some of the suggestions might help but it is unrealistic the way youngsters can't be put out to loan. It often takes ages to get a loan offer & then the idiot turns it down to rot in the reserves.

I think it needs attention in the next 2013 game.

Welcome to reality in FM 2012 world!

Some of the suggestions might help but it is unrealistic the way youngsters can't be put out to loan. It often takes ages to get a loan offer & then the idiot turns it down to rot in the reserves.

I think it needs attention in the next 2013 game.

Dream on, it's been like this since FM10 at least. :(

Archived