Mid-table strikers winning european boot?

Has anyone else noticed this? It's so annoying.

I'm constantly seeing Shane Long, Steven Fletcher and Crouch amongst Europe's elite goalscorers.

I've seen Long win european golden boot twice, Crouch once, and fletcher finished 3rd in the first season.

Fair enough, sometimes you can have a superb season, but this has happened in more than one save, over the course of a few seasons and they are outscoring the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney and Van Persie.

Is it the fact that there teams are overly dependant on these players or do their attributes just dominate the AI?

If they are moving to big clubs then with the huge imbalance in terms of quality within the league they score tons

It is strange though because until the recent Messi/Ronaldo situation the winner always came from smaller leagues.

Another suggestion could be that English clubs play more games than those in other European nations so therefore they score more goals? Not sure if cup games count but with two cups and extremely long league seasons they have lots of chances to score compared to players in leagues like Italy and Germany who play one cup and shorter league seasons.

Another suggestion could be that English clubs play more games than those in other European nations so therefore they score more goals? Not sure if cup games count but with two cups and extremely long league seasons they have lots of chances to score compared to players in leagues like Italy and Germany who play one cup and shorter league seasons.

Since they introduced points weighting per goal in 1996 the winner has always come from a more mainstream European league, however before that there were a few 'smaller league' winners. It only covers league games and no domestic cups or European games are included.

Ok I give up on trying to work out how this is possible.

I remember the likes of Henrik Larsson and fatboy Jardel winning back in the late 90s/early 2000s from lesser leagues which is why I made that comment. After researching a bit I can see now the big few dominate, which I guess makes sense seeing as it's not a straight contest any more.

I personally don't see the issue with people in smaller leagues winning an award for a chance, but guess UEFA want it to be as Hollywood as possible like usual. That debate is one for another day though.

It is the same with Manager of the Year......I just finished a season with Everton, won the League Cup, lost in semis of FA Cup and finished 2nd in the EPL (lost it on last day:() yet the Bolton manager gets manager of the year after finishing 8th? and Wolves manager runners up after finishing 7th?

I wasn`t even third.....strange.

It could just be because that is the league that you manage in. I might have been the only person to have spotted this but every team seems to score more goals if you are managing in their division and there are a lot more high scores. Just look at a league in your game where you have managed in it but not every season and compare to when you weren't in it and you will probably spot the difference.

It is the same with Manager of the Year......I just finished a season with Everton, won the League Cup, lost in semis of FA Cup and finished 2nd in the EPL (lost it on last day:() yet the Bolton manager gets manager of the year after finishing 8th? and Wolves manager runners up after finishing 7th?

Did you holiday any games? I know that can affect the outcome.

It could just be because that is the league that you manage in. I might have been the only person to have spotted this but every team seems to score more goals if you are managing in their division and there are a lot more high scores. Just look at a league in your game where you have managed in it but not every season and compare to when you weren't in it and you will probably spot the difference.

Even when I tested it when I went unemployed for two seasons, it was the same.

What was your expectation ? If they did much better so Bolton predicted 20th and gets 8th thats an achievement while you are predicted 5th thats not so big, in the AI terms of looking at Manager of the Year

Has anyone else noticed this? It's so annoying.

I'm constantly seeing Shane Long, Steven Fletcher and Crouch amongst Europe's elite goalscorers.

I've seen Long win european golden boot twice, Crouch once, and fletcher finished 3rd in the first season.

Fair enough, sometimes you can have a superb season, but this has happened in more than one save, over the course of a few seasons and they are outscoring the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney and Van Persie.

Is it the fact that there teams are overly dependant on these players or do their attributes just dominate the AI?

Shane Long is very quick, quite strong and very hard working. He scores more goals than a player of his ability should do because those attributes are very useful in the ME. His main weakness in real life is that he is too brave and therefore picks up a lot of knocks because he doesn't pull out of challenges- FM doesn't simulate that very well.

Peter Crouch has 20 for jumping and plays in a side that is set up perfectly for him to take advantage of his height, particularly if you compare him to Llorente, for example. He gets too many good quality chances.

Steven Fletcher has quite good ratings for finishing and composure, and tbf he deserves them because he's tucked away more chances than most players whilst playing for relegation battlers (Burnley and Wolves). Additionally, Wolves perform much better than they do in real life, seemingly because their squad is very determined and has a very resilient character generally. That's probably true to real life, but either the effect of determination is too big or Wolves' players are overrated in other ways (probably the former). Anyway, that means that Fletcher has more chances created for him than he does in real life, and given that he is excellent at taking chances, that means he scores too many goals.

Archived