+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Demands money to move

  1. #1
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    16th April 2005
    Posts
    2,918

    Default Demands money to move

    Something I have always wondered for a while now, and always thought it was one-sided. If you are trying to sell a player, said player can come to you and ask you to continue to make some sort of payment to him until his contract ends for him to accept a lower paid contract with another club.

    Why is it then, that when I offer a contract to a player, and I can't afford to pay him what he want's due to wage budget constraints, that I can't tell him to go to his club and ask them to make up the 'shortfall'?

  2. #2
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th June 2008
    Location
    Engerland
    Posts
    207

    Default

    I have had this in a previous version but not in 12. I think because the negotiations are 'live' it won't appear often if at all in this version.

  3. #3
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    3rd April 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    It's possible it does happen behind the scenes. If he is on 25k a week, he may accept 18k from you and then go to his club to ask for the rest. Obviously it's unlikely to work if you can only offer him 8k or something like that! As it's between the player and his current club it's unlikely you would see it happen.

    @Carbs, it does happen in FM12. I've got 3 players that I'm currently paying part wages for who I sold, the glorious legacy of the previous manager and overpaid rubbish!

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th March 2010
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    455

    Default

    I refuse to do this would rather have them rot in the reserves

  5. #5
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mije1983 View Post
    @Carbs, it does happen in FM12. I've got 3 players that I'm currently paying part wages for who I sold, the glorious legacy of the previous manager and overpaid rubbish!
    Have you seen an AI controlled club paying part of the wages of a player you've signed though? That's the issue here.

  6. #6
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,209

    Default

    Never seen it on FM12 saw it once on FM10 I think it was, on that FM it said when you confirmed the transfer if their old club was going to pay some of his wage.

  7. #7
    Reserves
    Join Date
    8th January 2004
    Posts
    12,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Have you seen an AI controlled club paying part of the wages of a player you've signed though? That's the issue here.
    Yes, I've even posted pictures in previous threads proving it.

  8. #8
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar2010 View Post
    Yes, I've even posted pictures in previous threads proving it.
    Ok, nice one. I'm glad to hear it still works on FM12.

  9. #9
    Reserves
    Join Date
    8th January 2004
    Posts
    12,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Ok, nice one. I'm glad to hear it still works on FM12.
    Pictures are from FM11 dafuge but I don't think SI would have changed it for 12.

  10. #10
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar2010 View Post
    Pictures are from FM11 dafuge but I don't think SI would have changed it for 12.
    I may be wrong, but weren't the 'live' contract negotiations new for FM12? That's why I'm not convinced it is possible on FM12.

  11. #11
    Reserves
    Join Date
    8th January 2004
    Posts
    12,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I may be wrong, but weren't the 'live' contract negotiations new for FM12? That's why I'm not convinced it is possible on FM12.
    I guess we won't know for sure until someone sees it or someone from SI confirm it.

    In the past though its been rare and judging from Miles' original blogs the changes to contracts suggest refinement/improvement rather than rewrite. If this was the case and with no reason to think that SI would write it out I would lean towards it still being in.

  12. #12
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th September 2007
    Location
    FMCU 2013 and 2014 Best Poster
    Posts
    11,908

    Default

    No, they were new on FM11. Plus there's still the usual few days or so wait for the contract to be formally accepted and the transfer confirmed which is when you'll see it so the change to contract negotiations doesn't make a difference. I was just thinking that you don't see it happening to the AI because it wouldn't be something you'd get a message about, though as someone has proof that's probably wrong.

  13. #13
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,689

    Default

    In that case I'm wrong, it should be possible then.

  14. #14
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th July 2011
    Location
    Sunny Skegness
    Posts
    801

    Default

    It has happened to me on fm12. The player in question asked to leave after falling out with me. About 6 months later I managed to get an offer for the **** after he had missed training a load of times. He then demanded money to leave!

  15. #15
    Reserves
    Join Date
    8th January 2004
    Posts
    12,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    No, they were new on FM11. Plus there's still the usual few days or so wait for the contract to be formally accepted and the transfer confirmed which is when you'll see it so the change to contract negotiations doesn't make a difference. I was just thinking that you don't see it happening to the AI because it wouldn't be something you'd get a message about, though as someone has proof that's probably wrong.
    There is a fair chance that people miss it as you don't get a separate message, its simply (At least in FM11) an extra line on the news item when you sign the player.

  16. #16
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Could Get Messi View Post
    It has happened to me on fm12. The player in question asked to leave after falling out with me. About 6 months later I managed to get an offer for the **** after he had missed training a load of times. He then demanded money to leave!
    It is the other way around that I'm looking for. No one seems to have had a player they have signed get paid part of his wages by his former club.

    It sounds like it is possible, but no one seems to have confirmed it yet.

  17. #17
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd December 2010
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davehanson View Post
    Something I have always wondered for a while now, and always thought it was one-sided. If you are trying to sell a player, said player can come to you and ask you to continue to make some sort of payment to him until his contract ends for him to accept a lower paid contract with another club.

    Why is it then, that when I offer a contract to a player, and I can't afford to pay him what he want's due to wage budget constraints, that I can't tell him to go to his club and ask them to make up the 'shortfall'?
    Or when you are trying to flog a player who wants, say 10k/w for the rest of his contract, you can't come back to him and offer him 5k/w or a lump sum to leave.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts