+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too many goals

Amateur

Default Too many goals

Very early days, perhaps I shouldn't be posting just yet but there seems to be too many goals flying in! Many more 4-3, 5-1 etc scorelines than I'd expect.

Tremendous fun, though, perhaps it's intentional????

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

What sort of formation/team instructions are you playing? I usually play attacking football so end up with quite big scorelines, but there have been careers where I've taken a defensive strategy in the long-term and had quite low-scoring seasons.

Amateur

I'm inclined to agree. I'm playing a standard 4-4-2 and my first 6 games (3 friendlies) have an aggregate score of 26-9!

Amateur

I'm playing standard 4-4-2 with a Balanced mentality.

I've played 2 friendlies and 11 league / cup games and the aggregate is 43 - 27!!! So an average of 3.3 - 2.1. 5.4 goals per game seems a little high.

Ok, I'll have a bit of a look here with 4-4-2 and see if there's anything out of the ordinary. Would be interested to see your for/against after a whole season once you've got that far!

Amateur

i too was using 442 and andy carrol had scored something like 9 goals in 15 games, then it all went pear shaped, i too started of really well, i would hav prefered it to stay like that lol

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by will8578 View Post
    andy carrol had scored something like 9 goals in 15 gamesl
    Something is *definitely* up!! ;-)

Amateur

I've now played 22 games.

73 - 50 total

3.32 - 2.27 average

5.6 goals/game

Amateur

As Burton Albion I won a game where I was slight favourites 7-1, and a game where I was the underdog 6-0. Seems pretty high scoring to me

Amateur

The amount of goals seems fine for me at the moment. 17 league games played, I'm in 1st place in the BSS with Basingstoke, 35 scored 16 conceded. That seems reasonable to me.

Amateur

I just finished my first season (I was in charge of Burton Albion). Making a mere 4 signings and 2 loan players I finished the season with 201 goals and conceding 44. That's a heck of a lot of goals. :P

(Oh, and I found a few minor glitches along the way which I have put in my bugs thread, I'll update the first post).

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Can anyone finding scoring excessive please email me their save games (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) - with the new somewhat more flexible tactics system in 2012 its possible that you've found an exploit against the AI which wasn't possible previously .... on the other hand you might just have sugar daddy enabled and Ronaldo in your side?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceirdiff View Post
    I just finished my first season (I was in charge of Burton Albion). Making a mere 4 signings and 2 loan players I finished the season with 201 goals and conceding 44. That's a heck of a lot of goals. :P

(Oh, and I found a few minor glitches along the way which I have put in my bugs thread, I'll update the first post).
    You were using a 4-1-3-2, right? It's been noted internally that this formation can be slightly too effective in terms of creating chances on occasion.

Amateur

I'd definitely have to agree with this. With Newport County using a custom 5-3-2 attacking I made up, I have 147-28 (for-against) after 37 games! Either I'm the special one or something iffy has gone on. Sadly I think the latter..

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jtilley View Post
    I'd definitely have to agree with this. With Newport County using a custom 5-3-2 attacking I made up, I have 147-28 (for-against) after 37 games! Either I'm the special one or something iffy has gone on. Sadly I think the latter..
    Please forward me the save containing your team and tactic - I'll happily ensure you're more challenged in the future by ascertaining why the AI manager isn't countering things effectively enough

Amateur

Thanks for the reply Marc, I've sent you an email (hopefully successfully...) with my saved game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari View Post
    You were using a 4-1-3-2, right? It's been noted internally that this formation can be slightly too effective in terms of creating chances on occasion.
    Yes, that was the formation I was using (I posted it onto vibe, if you want to see anymore). I'd also appreciate if you could save fixing it until after I've reached the premiership^^

@Marc, I'll attach my save in another thread where I found a bug that (for me) is game breaking.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    Can anyone finding scoring excessive please email me their save games (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) - with the new somewhat more flexible tactics system in 2012 its possible that you've found an exploit against the AI which wasn't possible previously .... on the other hand you might just have sugar daddy enabled and Ronaldo in your side?
    I have just emailed yourself and Alari my savegame file.

I played the whole season with Bristol Rovers playing a balanced 4-4-2. The stats I've ended with are:
    181 - 90 (51 games)
    3.62 - 1.76 average
    5.4 goals/game

Still seems a high average. I'd have thought that, on average, there are about 3 to 3.5 goals/game?

+ Reply to Thread