+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ever had a player score 100 goals in a season

Amateur

Default Ever had a player score 100 goals in a season

This guy is going to go close for me hopefully

Still in FA Cup and Champions League

Amateur

I once took over Man Utd in the year 2033, and had a regen called Emillio Florio and he bagged 86 goals in one season. Would have been more, but the team hadn't qualified for the CL :/ That's the closest I've ever had to a 100 goal per year player, and honestly, not really been close since.

Third Team

i got hernandez banging in over 50 a season. but there are no rediculous newgens

Amateur

Stoke City Researcher

The 100 goal a season strikers have been diminishing since the older days. Northern Ireland used to be a hotbed for such exploits. The career 1000 goal scorers thread will list their more exact details in the challenges section.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by paetoja View Post
    NICE ONE!!

I hope to eclipse that tonight when I get home

Amateur

Using Mr Houghs Rolls back the years tactic i had Rooney do this:

After that season i decided i had to start a new game not using the tactic as it had made it too easy

Amateur

WOW, nice one

Amateur
    Drifting around the outer reaches of his own mind, attempting to find something valid to say

Quote Originally Posted by Drazkul View Post
    Using Mr Houghs Rolls back the years tactic i had Rooney do this:

After that season i decided i had to start a new game not using the tactic as it had made it too easy
    If there was ever a tactic that needed uploading...

Amateur

This player scored over 1000 goals for me and he got 159 goals in 1 season:
    http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/...d/159goals.png

Part-Timer

That's a hell of an International record for a 28 year old too!

Amateur

Ludicrous! Most I've ever had is about 45 in lower divisions.

Best on FM12 is 74 in Dutch Second Division. Had a regen on FM10 called Paul Taylor who scored 157 goals in a year in Prem and Europe, was crazy.

My team scored 211 goals in all competitions last season! I will settle for that

I am a sucker for squad rotation and developing youths, but I have to say, these are some achievements!

Amateur

Most I have had is 64, some of these totals are crazy

Third Team

Had 61 once and was well chuffed.

Third Team

My record is 56 lol.

First Team Squad Member

No, I'm going to assume you need a player with high consistency and important matches, two things I have not had the pleasure of having in a superstar.

My record this FM is 53 so far :|

Part-Timer

For me, these 'Super-tactics' totally just ruin the game for me. How can you enjoy such minimal realism?

Semi Pro

Every season I do. Well in previous FM12 saved games ... And this photo below is in my previous season in my current save

Semi Pro

How do you play a game with no logos?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kccircle View Post
    How do you play a game with no logos?
    Easily, because with logos = slower game

Third Team

I've done it on FM11 with this guy

On FM12,I think the highest I've had is 35!

First Team Squad Member

How is it achieved?

Downloadable tactics or what? It's insane!

Semi Pro

Don't think the logos slows the game by a noticeable amount

Amateur

65 is the most I have ever seen one of my players get

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Wiitastic View Post
    Every season I do. Well in previous FM12 saved games ... And this photo below is in my previous season in my current save

84 goals and 35 assists in 13 cup games? That's just nuts.

Third Team

Most I've had is a 40 goal season from a regen.

Amateur

In the career stats for the current season its shows 4 apperances and 27 goals!!! MADNESS! Love it

Amateur

I have a game running using Mr Hough's tactic just for fun. I play it at work during the breaks or when i don't have anything else to do.
    Ghanian regen, absolute beast. Never wastes a one-on-one, which is good, cause he gets in that situation pretty often.

Still have 3 more matches to go(1 league game, Champions League Final and Russian Cup Final), so he might get to 100. But the truth is that the Russian league is pretty bad in quality, with only Zenit, Anji and CSKA putting up any kind of resistance.

Amateur

It seems way to easy to get striker to score insane amounts, especially fast striker. Overall the goal distribution seems a tad bit off in that regard.

In my current Arsenal game my main striker is a 23 year old slovenian who is currently sitting at 33 goals from 36 games, has had 40+ the previous 2 seasons as well.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by g00n View Post
    84 goals and 35 assists in 13 cup games? That's just nuts.
    Nuts yeah, I'd even suggest the 27 goals in 4 league games, with 9 assists was cheating. Removing the keeper then?

Youth Team

Jesus! Most i've ever got has been 51! I need to find a better tactic..

Amateur

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by letissierandhenryaregreat View Post
    For me, these 'Super-tactics' totally just ruin the game for me. How can you enjoy such minimal realism?
    +1

But many people on these forums don't play the game for realism. They play to see things happen that don't happen in real life, that's what they enjoy. As soon as the new game comes out, this Mr Hough and many others start spending countless hours to find miracle tactics. They think they achieve tactical greatness, but to be honest all they achieve is finding exploits, tactics that the current AI doesn't have an answer for. In real life there is now way a player can score 100 goals. In FM you can achieve it with very offensive tactics. The ME defense and counter attack system is not good enough to counter and punish these exploit tactics.

Third Team

Just broke my record to get 76 goals. But we played 64 games so it isn't that spectacular.

Semi Pro

Got very close with Felipe in my FM10 Oxford save who hit 98 in a single season in all comps (70 league goals). He is just shy of 1100 goals for club and country since i signed him as a 21 yr old and still playing at 38 years of age.

Third Team

I'd like to know what tactics people are employing to get these freak results, are they your own creations or are you all downloading super-tactics?

I reckon I do pretty well at the game and win trophies, but in FM12 I have not had a player get better than a goal a game, in fact my top scorer this season has about 14 in 24 games and I'm pretty happy with that contribution.

Semi Pro

Mine was a simple 4-2-3-1, made by myself. The whole team was set to knock the ball through to my lone stiker who would run on to it and score with ease.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bleventozturk View Post
    +1

But many people on these forums don't play the game for realism. They play to see things happen that don't happen in real life, that's what they enjoy.
    Exactly. I'm in the 2033/34 season and seeing how many records i can break is the only reason i'm still playing my save as i won all the trophies i wanted to win with my Oxford side many years ago in the game. As soon as my 38 year old striker retires then i'll finally quit but at the minute i'm trying to get his scoring record as high as i can.

First Team Squad Member

I downloaded one of those super tactics in Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3 and tested it out a bit, it was ridiculous, my player broke his goals in a game record within about 3 games of using it, scored like 7 or 8 in one match which was just stupid so I went back and reloaded without using it.

I imagine this is what the majority of people are using.

Amateur

Using a tweaked version of the Vodu Chaos tactic (altered my defence to stay back more, midfield to push up more to try and get a better balance between defence to mid to attack).

He was on 99 goals going into the Scottish Cup final against Partick Thistle (last game of the season) and he managed to score 5.

Amateur

Had anyone done 100 Goals in season for FM 2013? Let see it please

Part-Timer
    Ramos - Manager of the Psychotic Teddy Bears

Quote Originally Posted by bleventozturk View Post
    +1

But many people on these forums don't play the game for realism. They play to see things happen that don't happen in real life, that's what they enjoy. As soon as the new game comes out, this Mr Hough and many others start spending countless hours to find miracle tactics. They think they achieve tactical greatness, but to be honest all they achieve is finding exploits, tactics that the current AI doesn't have an answer for. In real life there is now way a player can score 100 goals. In FM you can achieve it with very offensive tactics. The ME defense and counter attack system is not good enough to counter and punish these exploit tactics.
    Must tell Messi this before he gets any ideas about improving!!!

IRL you exploit tactical and player weaknesses

IN FM you exploit the ME.

It's a game not real life.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    This guy is going to go close for me hopefully

Still in FA Cup and Champions League

Good to see that someone can actually get Wingate & Finchley out of the BSS. I couldnt even muster up a win!

Amateur

I had Llorente score 108 goals with the grid tactic and Jovetic 104 .. on fm12, the game was toooooo easy hahah fm13 - no chance

Amateur

This is an old thread of mine!

Amateur

Maxim Shestakov in FM12
    http://i52.tinypic.com/jhvwjc.png

Sometimes he played with 2.x goal-per-game average.

Semi Pro

Currently a regen striker at City who looks capable of it on my save. City are declining overall and my side are finally pushing for the title may have to make a bid for him soon just to see.

Stoke City Researcher

It is getting ever harder, back on FM09 I was having rampant success and when I got an editor to finally begin looking into it there were next to no 'proper' managers in the premiership. Most were very low CA players who had become managers.

In Spain for a while Rafa Benitez was the only manager with a recogniseable name. Anyway, here is what his team did one season:

They broke the goal counter, it stops at 255 so how many they actually scored is something I never checked out, but despite all my own successes and even when Keirrison was a regular 100+ goal a season scorer, I never did anything like that. Funny thing is when they played an average team in the CL who had a decent manager they lost, and when Benitez left they had a regen manager take over and were struggling to finish top 4.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Whippy View Post
    Jesus! Most i've ever got has been 51! I need to find a better tactic..
    just that one player score lots of goals does not mean its a good tactic, focusing all you play on geting one player to be very productive may reduce the overall productivity of the rest of your team and it would also make you very dependant on this one player who score all those goals

if for example this one player hit a streak of bad form or worse, pick up a long term injury....then your results on the pitch will probably also take a nosedive

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by santy001 View Post
    It is getting ever harder, back on FM09 I was having rampant success and when I got an editor to finally begin looking into it there were next to no 'proper' managers in the premiership. Most were very low CA players who had become managers.

In Spain for a while Rafa Benitez was the only manager with a recogniseable name. Anyway, here is what his team did one season:

They broke the goal counter, it stops at 255 so how many they actually scored is something I never checked out, but despite all my own successes and even when Keirrison was a regular 100+ goal a season scorer, I never did anything like that. Funny thing is when they played an average team in the CL who had a decent manager they lost, and when Benitez left they had a regen manager take over and were struggling to finish top 4.
    just wow i got my city team to score 160 league goals in FM13 and i thought that was probably the best legitamte record i've seen for a while... but for the AI to do that.. just WOW

Amateur

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=125993288

This is the best ive managed in fm13

Amateur

Necid scored 150 or so on my Dortmund save in last year's FM. I might still have the screenshot on my old computer.

Amateur

on FM 12 rooney was 33 and hadnt really dont anything for a few season but my two top striker got bad injuries anyways played rooney from start of the season and he got to 90 goals, thanks to my two wingers who were assist machines

Amateur

Not even got close on the newer editions of the game. On FM05 I had a player who had several seasons in a row of being in the 60s for total goals but he was my first-choice CF in my best ever FM team and had near-perfect goalscorer ratings. This year the best I've had is one of my players winning the European Golden Boot with 29 goals, when he only really found any goalscoring form when I took over in January. High hopes for what I can do with him in my first full season.

Part-Timer

A few FM's ago I had a Danish regen make it to 100. But EVERYTHING was going through him, it was set up so he could score all those goals. He took the free kicks, penalties, while corners were aimed at him.

Best I've had this year is about 80 or so in all competitions, with a top lone striker in a team set up to attack with top players, though he wasn't the sole goalscoring focus. I'm sure if I'd altered the tactic I'd have got him to 100.

Currently have a striker in my Athletic team who is destroying the la liga defences, I might tweak it to make him the sole goalscorer.

Amateur

I know some may not believe me, but I did on last years, Steven Fletcher scores 127 goals for my Wolves side. He was absolutely unstoppable.

+ Reply to Thread