Club Logos on Android

Now, I know customisation probably isn't exactly supported, but this is more of a question about it rather than a want of an how-to.

In /sdcard/fmh_data/data/logos_android we have all the game logos. Navigate into /clubs/eng and you have all English club logos and a config.xml that looks identical to the "real, full" game. I added an Arsenal logo (36x27px) and both config entries, remounted my SD, force closed the game and reopened it. No sign of the logo. Also tried a couple of other methods with the user_data folder with just the relevant config entries, but no luck.

Anyway, question - I'm presuming this is because there is some form of cache/skin cache working here - any idea on how that can be deleted/rebuilt with the 'new' graphics intact?

Is there any chance of some response regarding this?

Even if you can't directly say how to do it - knowing if I'm on the right lines will be appreciated and I'll start doing some more of my own debugging. :p

• SI Staff

The information which the game uses to determine what badges are available is held in a binary file within the game area ("custom_icons.dat") - its not possible to edit this information without a fair knowledge of coding and development I'm afraid (ie. please be careful or you'll break your game install).

The information which the game uses to determine what badges are available is held in a binary file within the game area ("custom_icons.dat") - its not possible to edit this information without a fair knowledge of coding and development I'm afraid (ie. please be careful or you'll break your game install).

Would you consider making it easier to edit in the future, or available somehow in the save game file so that an editor could be used to change badges?

• SI Staff
Will it break the game install if you back it up and then copy the backup afterwards (i.e., is the break 'fixable'?)

So so long as you back things up first and then restore then you should be fine (although obviously I won't encourage people to mess around with game internals).

Presumably it's more than just that file; opening it in a hex editor just gives me the name of a club in ascii every 59 bytes; but even inserting data into this file won't update it in game. Presumably there are either other files, or some sort of cache that needs to be reloaded?

Presumably it's more than just that file; opening it in a hex editor just gives me the name of a club in ascii every 120 bytes; but even inserting data into this file won't update it in game. Presumably there are either other files, or some sort of cache that needs to be reloaded?

I've not been able to test yet, but I think it will be a change to this file, and the editing of the config.xml as I mentioned in the first post in order to show the logos. I think what the custom_logos.dat file is doing is 'authorising' the .png files to be loaded into the game.

I suppose a good way to test would be to edit the config.xml entry of an already existing entry (so... west ham.png) and just change the ID assignment to 602 for Arsenal or another club. If the WHU logo appears for Arsenal and WH have no logo appearing - then it's simply the change in custom_logos.dat necessary to get the actual arsenal.png logo to be recognised so we don't have to lose any of the default logos.

Will do some work on this tomorrow evening if no one else gets around to it before then. Will keep this updated

----------------

Ok, I lied. Just did it now. Looks like I'm right. Editing custom_logos.dat and the config.xml file with reference to an arsenal.png file in the club_logos directory.

fmh12.png

Arsenal logo now displays correctly, but I've lost all the other logos of all other teams and leagues. This is using a Mac application called "Hex Fiend" that I've used for a while for various reasons. It either doesn't like the format of this .dat file, or I've edited it incorrectly. Either way, I really can't do any more testing today. :)

I was using Hex Fiend as well - were you making sure that you stored the new line in the 60 byte chunks that the rest were stored in? This might potentially make a difference (especially if Arsenal was inserted at the top of the file).

(Keeping the chunk size the same and updating the file hasn't broken everything else for me)

Might be worth putting up a tutorial on how to do this once it's cracked.

-----------------------------

Ok; I didn't paste the file correctly. Like you I now have the Arsenal logo but no others. Maybe it needs to be in a certain order or something?

-----------------------------

Any logs prior to the one we inserted will appear; so maybe putting it at the end of the file would work...

I've worked it out! :D

Ok, basically; as Marc said you only need to edit that one file. However, unlike I originally thought the lines are stored in 59 byte chunks (59's a bit random?). The file is then split into several sections; one for each league loaded (so I'd imagine that conflicts with two clubs having the same name don't affect anything).

So; simply inserting the image into this file seems to do the job and the game does all the rest of the work. If you get the number of bytes between two images wrong however; can break your game (as Marc warned).

-----------

Next question is whether you can do the same with skins, potentially allowing for community created skins. I don't want to try that for a bit though. Luckily there doesn't even seem to be any binary files associated with the skins.

Heh, good work on working it out. Nice script as well - more than I'd have bothered doing. :p

Edit: The script looks for "update.cfg" not "config.cfg" like you mentioned in your forum post. - Just to let you know

Archived