+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keep getting error message when about to download the data

Amateur

Thumbs down Keep getting error message when about to download the data

Hi,

I've Froyo 2.2 and have the Orange Stockholm phone. This game according to google play is compatible with my phone. Everytime I asked to download the data I land up with "process com.sigames.fmhl" has stopped unexpectedly.

What can I do?

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

I'm afraid your device is below the required specification for the game - its 240x320-pixel resolution and the game requires 480x320.

You should be able to get a refund through the store if this is your only device available sorry - I'll ask SEGA to check the store and work out why your device showed up as being compatible, sorry.
    Last edited by Alari Naylor; 11-04-2012 at 17:34.

Amateur

The screen resolution is too low for the game to run; I don't know what the error is, but maybe it is unable to find a skin to download and is either hitting a recursion error or list index error or something of the sorts?

Amateur

Why say it is compatible when it doesn't work? If this can be fixed....great - if not can I get a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyMyPrettiesFly View Post
    Why say it is compatible when it doesn't work? If this can be fixed....great - if not can I get a refund?
    I'm afraid your devices screen is too small for the game - so its not something which we can 'fix' I'm afraid, you should be able to get a refund through the store if you're still within its window.

The store should filter out incompatible devices automatically - I'm not sure why yours was showing up incorrectly, its something we'll be looking into asap as obviously we don't want people downloading the game if they're going to have problems with it; sorry about that.

(if not let me know and I'll talk to SEGA tomorrow when they surface to see what we can do to help you)

Amateur

I've got the same problem on HTC Wildfire. When it finally downloaded I went on the app and got the same message. Im out of the window for a refund now and I assume I'm not compatible. Can I download the additional data from another source?

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FMDownloader View Post
    I've got the same problem on HTC Wildfire. When it finally downloaded I went on the app and got the same message. Im out of the window for a refund now and I assume I'm not compatible. Can I download the additional data from another source?
    Hi - unfortunately the app won't be compatible with your phone at all due to the screen resolution. Sorry that you've experienced this, it was anticipated that the automatic filtering of devices with very low resolutions would be more effective. If you could email me at alari.naylor@sigames.com, I'll pass your situation on to someone who might be able to help.

Amateur

I have the same problem with my Galaxy mini s but website said my operating system was compatible, I'm out of the screen so is it possible to get a refund?

FMH Development Team Jamie King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simonbrick View Post
    I have the same problem with my Galaxy mini s but website said my operating system was compatible, I'm out of the screen so is it possible to get a refund?
    You should be able to get a refund directly from the Google Play Store if you're still in a certain time after downloading (which I believe is around 15 minutes). Again, we apologise for the trouble with the market filtering.

Amateur

I'm outside the 15 minutes as I thought it was connection problem! Cannot not see anywhere on the specification of the game on the Google play website resolution required.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

I'm outside the 15 minutes as I thought it was connection problem! Cannot not see anywhere on the specification of the game on the Google play website resolution required.
    We're sorry that you've experienced this, the expectation was that the Google Play store would automatically exclude devices with too low a resolution to run the game, but as you can see it's not been as effective as we hoped. As above, please email me directly at alari.naylor@sigames.com and I'll pass your situation along to someone who should be able to help you.

Lurker

Hello, I've got the same problem too (Galaxy Y). I downloaded the game, but when I tried to download the data, I got an error message (process com.sigames.fml has stopped unexpectedly).
    According to Android Market (Google Play) the game is compatible with my device (otherwise I would not download it).
    So why say it is compatible? How can I get a refund, I'm out of time (15minute)?
    Thanks in advance for Your help!

Quote Originally Posted by malnabokri View Post
    Hello, I've got the same problem too (Galaxy Y). I downloaded the game, but when I tried to download the data, I got an error message (process com.sigames.fml has stopped unexpectedly).
    According to Android Market (Google Play) the game is compatible with my device (otherwise I would not download it).
    So why say it is compatible? How can I get a refund, I'm out of time (15minute)?
    Thanks in advance for Your help!
    Could you please indicate when you purchased your game as I need to try and inform Google about this - the Galaxy Y is set as individually excluded for the application and so it should be impossible that it comes up as compatible with it (so an indication of when you purchased would probably help them track why it wasn't).

Outside of that if you'd care to email me at marc.vaughan@sigames.com then I'd be happy to try and pass you onto someone who could help you further (it won't be me I'm just a humble developer ).

Amateur

Default Can't update either

I also have a galaxy y and had no incompatibility message as well. So I bought it normally but I can't run it properly. I'm also off 15 minutes limit to claim a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmclaren View Post
    I also have a galaxy y and had no incompatibility message as well. So I bought it normally but I can't run it properly. I'm also off 15 minutes limit to claim a refund.
    If you can email me the purchase receipt number from the PlayStore I'll pass it onto SEGA and get you sorted out asap, apologies for this - unfortunately the filter setting doesn't appear to be blocking the Galaxy Y - its been ported back to SEGA and hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    If you can email me the purchase receipt number from the PlayStore I'll pass it onto SEGA and get you sorted out asap, apologies for this - unfortunately the filter setting doesn't appear to be blocking the Galaxy Y - its been ported back to SEGA and hopefully this will be fixed soon.
    I understand that issues like this could happen. Thanks for your attention

Amateur

Do you think it is possible to root the phone and change the resolution and hence being able to play the game? I have LG Optimus ME, again the store said it was compatible but no need for refund, will be getting a new phone in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsinho View Post
    Do you think it is possible to root the phone and change the resolution and hence being able to play the game? I have LG Optimus ME, again the store said it was compatible but no need for refund, will be getting a new phone in the coming months.
    tbh I have no idea - I have to admit I haven't ever rooted an Android device so don't know quite what is possible, if you can fool the device into thinking its 480x320 resolution then the game should work in theory ... but as I mentioned its not something I have any knowledge of (I do know another chap was changing the effective dpi setting for his tablet with 'hilarious' consequences so it might be feasible, but I wouldn't personally bet on it).

Amateur

Alright, thanks for a quick response

+ Reply to Thread