Improve job offer negotiations?

Right now, when being offered a job by a new club, you can negotiate salary & period of contract & that's about it!

I would like to see a few more options put into this process:

1) The ability to negotiate a better transfer pot, or wage-roll leeway would be good.

2) The right to know what the board's short/longer term ambitions are for the club.

3) Ultimately, the ability to give a reason to the new club as to why you are turning down the job. Don't feel the board is ambitious enough, don't feel their stated ambitions are realistic given the amount of transfer cash they're offering, etc.

These issues must be put on the table & discussed in real life job interviews.

I think it would be a good element to have in the next game.

Would be nice and surely the budgeting would not be that hard to implement. No.2 may be hard to classify though, and surely in the short term at least the aim's you agree when you start are your clubs ambition.No.3 I'm not that bothered about to be honest just would be an extra line of text but others may feel different

I think they should be an interview process, with different teams having different answers. The Chelsea one could be...how long do you think it would take you to win the Champions League? If you say 3+ seasons you wont get the job but if you say next year and you fail you get the sack. The Arsenal one could be about the type of football etc etc.

Another thing lacking in new job offer is the complete absense o any counter offer from the existing chairman. He could offer a better salary, more transfer funds, etc.

It often says that the current chairman can be expected to do everything in his power to keep you at the club &...zilch from him.

This is less than realistic!

I was thinking of posting a similar suggestion. It's crazy how one of the biggest decisions in the game (moving to a new club) involves next to no information, decisions or conversations.

I would love to see a situation where a club says

"We need you to save the club from relegation. To do this, we can offer you £20k p/w and a £500k transfer budget."

Then you play out the rest of the season with that specific goal. Or you could negotiate, demanding a higher transfer budget to take the job.

Just hate this "Chairman will try his best to keep him" quote, then nothing at all. It's silly! Don't remove that fatuous quote if there is never any inter-action with exiting chairman.

I'd quite like it if they just kept to the bloody budgets they give you when you take over a club. It's always fun to take over a club and find out two weeks later that the board are cutting the wage and transfers budgets they offered when you accepted the job by 40% for the new season :).

Archived