Why are my players learning new positions without my consent?

While playing, I suddenly noticed Park Ji-Sung had become accomplished as a DM. Odd, I never told him to retrain for that position, but sure enough under training he was learning it. I took it off and a few days later it was back on by itself. What on earth is happening? I also checked my other players to see if the same thing was happening, and yes, Dimitar Berbatov took it upon himself to learn to become an AMC.

Why?

I never asked these players to do this, I would rather have them focus on their training schedules and match prep...

While playing, I suddenly noticed Park Ji-Sung had become accomplished as a DM. Odd, I never told him to retrain for that position, but sure enough under training he was learning it. I took it off and a few days later it was back on by itself. What on earth is happening? I also checked my other players to see if the same thing was happening, and yes, Dimitar Berbatov took it upon himself to learn to become an AMC.

Why?

I never asked these players to do this, I would rather have them focus on their training schedules and match prep...

Maybe you clicked on the option to let the assistant deal with individual training focus in the training screen?

Maybe you clicked on the option to let the assistant deal with individual training focus in the training screen?

But isn't that a one time thing? .. not a toggle?? ... meaning that if pressed, then the AssMan will set the training focus, but you can change them afterwards.

I know in my game I had not used that button, and still one of my players kept training to be a DC, no matter how often I removed that training focus.

But isn't that a one time thing? .. not a toggle?? ... meaning that if pressed, then the AssMan will set the training focus, but you can change them afterwards.

I know in my game I had not used that button, and still one of my players kept training to be a DC, no matter how often I removed that training focus.

Yes, this is basically what is happening to me. I don't know if it's a bug or what. It has to be.

It's not a game ruiner, but it is slightly annoying.

It's funny that I happened to notice this thread just now, as earlier on tonight I was quietly going about my business preparing my team for pre-season when I get a message in my inbox saying my first choice right back undermines his determination to stay put, implying that the game thought I had been trying to sell him. I checked his profile and he's not listed for transfer and is set to key player status. Then I check his personal section and under general happiness it says 'unhappy at being forced out of the club'. I assumed my board must have accepted an offer for him over my head and I somehow missed the news item. I checked every one as far back as I could and there was no sign of one anywhere. I then click on private chat and he immediately comes out with 'I'm unhappy that your trying to force me out of the club and have voiced my concerns with some of my team mates'!

I told him I'm sorry for trying to sell you and you can stay which thankfully settled him down, but having read this thread it would seem there is something very strange going on in the coding with players as they obviously shouldn't be randomly taking it upon themselves to learn new positions and getting furious at attempts to sell them which blatantly haven't happened!

Archived