+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Injury crises bug

Amateur

Default Injury crises bug

Noticed a major bug recently as I got Nottingham Forest five points clear of relegation but despite this "failed" the challange and got sacked when the 12/13 season started.Pretty frustrating and silly that you miss a huge bug.

Amateur

The save was based on the latest patch.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Hi - the idea of the injury crisis challenge isn't to avoid relegation but to perform to the standard required by the board despite the level of injuries affecting your team. What were the season expectations that they gave you?

Amateur

"Injury Crisis

[...]

The aim of this challenge is to avoid being sacked before the end of the season"

I got sacked at the beginning of the 2012/2013 season. So that's clearly a bug.

You don't get any season expectations running a challenge, do you? I reckon the expectations for Nottm Forest might be "play off" or a bit lower than that. But as you got about 15-20 points up to the 21st league position when you start the challenge i January, those expectations are impossible to reach and therefore they shouldn't have that much affect on your overall performance as a manager when it's time to sum up the season.

Looking at it from an outside perspective it's a bit mad to sack a manager that's started out 15-20 points behind and that during the second half of the season was able to get the team 5 points clear of relegation. And that with a squad full of injuries.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Hi again,

There is an issue we're aware of whereby sackings during challenges are sometimes not processed at the correct time and happen during the season update instead - this is something that we've got under review internally.

When running the Injury Crisis or Unrest at Home challenges, a board expectation should be generated based on both the club's starting position and the expected performance of the club. Meeting this expectation is supposed to decide whether you get sacked before the end of the season or not. If you've been given a wildly unrealistic expectation based on a very low starting position, it's something we'd definitely be interested to look into. Do you happen to have a save from before the season update that you can send me (preferably from as early as possible)?

Thanks in advance!

Amateur

Sorry fore the very late reply.

Im afraid I don't have any saved game to share with you.

Great that you have the bug under review.

+ Reply to Thread