+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: a stupid set of questions

  1. #1
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st May 2006
    Posts
    1,529

    Default a stupid set of questions

    i'm a die-hard pc player, but am CONSIDERING playing on a handheld. now, i've read that android version is coming, cool. does the game also play on a ps vita? as well as PSP? not knowing much about these sony devices i was wondering if BOTH can handle the same games.

    my other "hesitation" regarding the handheld version of the game is db size. i just LOVE to discover gems ("found" papiss cisse well before newcastle) and would ideally like to load all players from top division of key countries, plus prem AND championship in england.

    i KNOW that it's hard to amend the db, shame but i can live with it, what about data updates?

    i won't be getting an iphone or ipad, is only android or sony versions i'm considering....

    ....thanks. don't (ok, sometimes) ask newbie q's for the pc version been playing it well over a decade, but handheld games are completely new to me!

    thanks, neil

  2. #2
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,691

    Default

    The Handheld game comes on iOS, Android devices (as from next wednesday) and PSP.

    The PSP game is playable on Vita however that version isn't quite as evolved as the other versions (because of memory limitations on the PSP). The PSP version does however have editing available which might appeal to you.

    You can run up to 4 nations active at once on iOS and PSP - however only one has all divisions active at once, the rest only have the top division active in the game. The Android version is limited to a single nation active at a time (largely due to the limitations in memory usage which are present on the older Android devices).

    With regards to data updates for the PSP FMHVibe does data updates for it, with the iOS/Android we will issue a single data update in January after a games release (for Android this year obviously this won't happen as its already past that date when the game will come out).

    Hope this helps,

    Marc
    PS - While the database size on FMH is smaller than the current PC titles, its actually far larger than it was on the original CM3 with the same league setup active ...

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th October 2007
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    47

    Default

    If only one league will be active at a time( android), will we be restricted to one league per save?

  4. #4
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benffffffffffff View Post
    If only one league will be active at a time( android), will we be restricted to one league per save?
    Not quite sure what you mean by that tbh - you get one nations leagues so if you select England thats everything from Premiership down to Blue Square North/South.

    If you mean can you manage abroad from that nation in a single save game - no thats not possible (although you can manage national teams), however the players and clubs are still present obviously as are the various continental competitions etc.

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Is DLR going to be in the game?

    (Oh, and you had better not win against Reading...)

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th October 2007
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Yeah sorry I meant nations not leagues. Thanks for clearing that up.

  7. #7
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st May 2006
    Posts
    1,529

    Default Steepy learning curve time!:)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    The Handheld game comes on iOS, Android devices (as from next wednesday) and PSP.

    The PSP game is playable on Vita however that version isn't quite as evolved as the other versions (because of memory limitations on the PSP). The PSP version does however have editing available which might appeal to you.

    You can run up to 4 nations active at once on iOS and PSP - however only one has all divisions active at once, the rest only have the top division active in the game. The Android version is limited to a single nation active at a time (largely due to the limitations in memory usage which are present on the older Android devices).

    With regards to data updates for the PSP FMHVibe does data updates for it, with the iOS/Android we will issue a single data update in January after a games release (for Android this year obviously this won't happen as its already past that date when the game will come out).

    Hope this helps,

    Marc
    PS - While the database size on FMH is smaller than the current PC titles, its actually far larger than it was on the original CM3 with the same league setup active ...
    thanks for taking the trouble to reply, mark. have brought myself up to speed with android phones/technology so hope to be getting one this weekend.

    right, have read that the list of compatible devices will be released tomorrow together with the game itself? will that list also be published on these forums?

    i'm looking either to upgrade to an HTC one-X with a quad-core 1.5ghz processor and 32gb drive, or, if it'll work, a lowly samsung galaxy "Y" for cash...

    well, GOOD LUCK! with the release to a new platform. REALLY hope it goes smoothly!

    will the game be available anywhere other than google play? and what is the download size?

    ok, guess the answers to these questions will become apparent in the next 24 hours!

    neil

  8. #8
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,691

    Default

    will the game be available anywhere other than google play? and what is the download size?
    I think the plan is to put it on 'GooglePlay' initially and then filter it to a variety of other stores as promptly as possible (I'm afraid I don't have a list of which ones will be supported - its not really my area).

    The download size initially is just under 30Mb and then once its on your device it'll download an addition 7.5-18.5Mb (depending on your devices resolution - it only downloads the skin data which is required by your device) and decompress everything to the storage medium available.

    In total when installed its approximately 170Mb or so of space required (can vary up a bit depending on the skin installed) and then I'd recommend another 10Mb or so of space be available for save games etc.

  9. #9
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st May 2006
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    I think the plan is to put it on 'GooglePlay' initially and then filter it to a variety of other stores as promptly as possible (I'm afraid I don't have a list of which ones will be supported - its not really my area).

    The download size initially is just under 30Mb and then once its on your device it'll download an addition 7.5-18.5Mb (depending on your devices resolution - it only downloads the skin data which is required by your device) and decompress everything to the storage medium available.

    In total when installed its approximately 170Mb or so of space required (can vary up a bit depending on the skin installed) and then I'd recommend another 10Mb or so of space be available for save games etc.
    wow mark you're staying busy! and will get busier tomorrow. cool, so a phone with a measly 512mb memory should run it, no? am looking at a plan-B of getting samsung galaxy Y if orange dont let me immediately upgrade to a grunt-meister HTC One-X which EAT this game!

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th September 2009
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Galaxy Y is below spec because of its p*** poor resolution.

  11. #11
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Train View Post
    wow mark you're staying busy! and will get busier tomorrow. cool, so a phone with a measly 512mb memory should run it, no? am looking at a plan-B of getting samsung galaxy Y if orange dont let me immediately upgrade to a grunt-meister HTC One-X which EAT this game!
    The game is optimised to run a very compact memory system so that it'll be stable and sane on as many devices as possible - you'll be fine with 512Mb memory (just ensure you have ample storage space to install it as well).

    With regards to the Galaxy Y I think the resolution on that is below the minimum (320x480) required resolution required to run the game.

  12. #12
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st May 2006
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    The game is optimised to run a very compact memory system so that it'll be stable and sane on as many devices as possible - you'll be fine with 512Mb memory (just ensure you have ample storage space to install it as well).

    With regards to the Galaxy Y I think the resolution on that is below the minimum (320x480) required resolution required to run the game.
    right, been offline a couple of days. laptop gone, library computers down.

    so, am REALLY looking at getting the HTC One-X grunt-meister at the weekend. it'll, as i say, eat the game.

    when you say 512mb memory, (if i end up needing to get a cheaper device) do you mean hard-disk memory or ram?
    what of each wld i need? because if haven't got the £150 deposit for the HTC will be aiming at a lower end phone, which seems to come as standard with 512mb "memory"

  13. #13
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    He means RAM, it'll be unusual for many things to be exactly 512mb big ;)

  14. #14
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st May 2006
    Posts
    1,529

    Default suggest a smartphone time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceirdiff View Post
    He means RAM, it'll be unusual for many things to be exactly 512mb big ;)
    SO, i'll need a decent processor, ok, just like with a laptop, a screen res of 480x320, MORE THAN 250MB disk space and how much ram??

    if i get a top of the range device i wont worry,
    but i was wondering about more budget devices (£100-150 from amazon where i have vouchers) and SIMPLY to make calls, send texts and emails, browse the web and MOST IMPORTANTLY PLAY FM!"!"!!! can anyone suggest a budget device that'll breeze thru' thye game?

    thanks!

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    As mentioned in another thread, this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZTE_Blade
    Should be powerful enough if you're not scared of manually upgrading the OS.

  16. #16
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st May 2006
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceirdiff View Post
    As mentioned in another thread, this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZTE_Blade
    Should be powerful enough if you're not scared of manually upgrading the OS.
    thanks. couldn t find a zte blade on amazon unfortunately.
    currently looking at SF II, Galaxy Ace, HTC wildfire if i can't afford the One-X.
    which would have the most grunt?

    i AM scared of manually loading Android because i've NEVER used this OS. wld like sthg ready to go.
    still ready want the One-X as looks special (even decent large screen) but MIGHT have to do without for another month if i go for that, and i was REALLY looking forward to playing FM. have a full notepad with notes on possible tactics etc but it's still only paper and pen stuff

  17. #17
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,691

    Default

    Right to run the game the spec required is:

    Android 2.2 (or above)
    Screen Resolution 480x320 (or above)
    Storage: 170Mb or above

    I've personally played the game on a Galaxy Ace here and it works fine (the device is part of my test suite of devices) - I've got a Galaxy S2 and it works like a dream on that ...

    (with regards to internal memory (rather than storage space) the game runs heavily optimized for mobile devices and should be fine on pretty much any Android device)

  18. #18
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    I found the phone

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orange-San-F...4425537&sr=8-3

    £110, and has the specs needed for the game. I can't say how smoothly it'll run because I haven't tried it (my brother is still playing FMHi10 O_o); but if you want a budget phone then you won't find much better than this from what I've heard. If you want a high-end phone, then like Marc said it runs like a dream on it - everything is incredibly fast and you have little time spent waiting.

  19. #19
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st May 2006
    Posts
    1,529

    Default hi all, and thanks for the advice!!

    yes, the SF II was certainly an option.

    however, i'm allowed to upgrade on 5/5 which isn't tooooo long. my withdrawals have lessened, especially as i've managed to run genie at the library so can play window shopping while i wait.

    am v.excited, will be able to get an HTC One-X grunt-meister with quad core processor and yes, game will run dream and a half.

    was tempted to pay cash for a model to get into it straight away but frankly we're talking less than 3 weeks and i get it for free so the "sensible" (ie. non-obssessive fm way) would be to wait,


    thanks for all the input guys!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts