Board pump needless transfer money, don't pay debts.

I'm in my fifth year with Real Madrid have a five star reputation over 1.5 billion in the bank and 200 million debts. I would like these paid, I have a transfer budget of 400 million but already have a dream team. My board just gave me a further 200 million (enough to pay of the debt). Why won't they just pay it? I have decided to put it all into my wage budget and now have a 5 million p/w wage budget and 200 nillion transfer. How is that huge wage budget possible and why do I still have debts! :'( Help please? Can you pay debts early? If so how?

You can not pay the debt, as in real life managers can not choose to pay the debt. The club is a business of the owners, he has to choose to pay them off. Just let it roll, with that amount of money you will be fine, the debts will be cleared one day and until you won't notice anything different happening.

I too, find this very annoying, I know the transfer money is only a budget, but I do not understand why the board don't pay off debts they can easily afford. At the very least, they should assess the monthly payments each year (so if you're very financial secure, monthly payments increase the following season).

I'm in my fifth year with Real Madrid have a five star reputation over 1.5 billion in the bank and 200 million debts. I would like these paid, I have a transfer budget of 400 million but already have a dream team. My board just gave me a further 200 million (enough to pay of the debt). Why won't they just pay it? I have decided to put it all into my wage budget and now have a 5 million p/w wage budget and 200 nillion transfer. How is that huge wage budget possible and why do I still have debts! :'( Help please? Can you pay debts early? If so how?

You mean they increased your transfer budget by £200m?

If so they haven't given you any money, they are simply allowing you to use more of the money in the bank.

Its also worth pointing out that not all loans can be repaid when you feel like it. When you agree a loan you also agree a repayment schedule which may or may not allow you to make extra payments when you want.

You can not pay the debt, as in real life managers can not choose to pay the debt. The club is a business of the owners, he has to choose to pay them off. Just let it roll, with that amount of money you will be fine, the debts will be cleared one day and until you won't notice anything different happening.

This excuse really annoys me. If its realism SI are after then where is the Director of Football to make transfers for you? Oh!! That would take one of thr most fun things in the game away from the customer. IMO, in the interest of making the game more fun, the human player should have the option of controlling team finances..investing in youth and training facilities, paying off debt, building expanding stadia etc.

Actually, Directors of Football aren't ubiquitous. Some clubs have them, others leave transfer policy largely to the manager. But it doesn't matter anyway. There's nothing wrong with saying SI should always strive for realism except where it will hurt the fun of playing the game. Clearly, the manager has to remain in control of transfer policy. When it comes to paying off debts, I'm all for sticking with realism, which usually means leaving it to the board to worry about. All you need care about is balancing the wage budgets and spending within the transfer budget you're given. Paying off debts is the board's job.

It is, however, annoying when they pump money in but neglect to address the debts.

Actually, Directors of Football aren't ubiquitous..........

Thank you for defending me there. Bababui I don't make the game, just play it, dont shoot the messenger.

It is a game, its is up to SI where they draw the line to make it "Football Manager" not "football club owner"

SI should always strive for realism except where it will hurt the fun of playing the game.

But not allowing the user to play the game the way they want to play it takes away from the fun of playing the game. As long as the user stays within the budget why shouldnt the user be allowed to focus on youth development? Or expand his or her stadium?

I don't see why asking the board to pay off debts should be off limits though and this would keep the "realism".

very true I guess, if you have over 200mil in bank or something silly then maybe you could say something about the debt. But what Bababui from earlier wanted was to have control of the debt, the stadiums the kits, everything, and that is just unrealistic. If SI do decide to add it then this should only be in the form of a request in the boardroom.

very true I guess, if you have over 200mil in bank or something silly then maybe you could say something about the debt. But what Bababui from earlier wanted was to have control of the debt, the stadiums the kits, everything, and that is just unrealistic. If SI do decide to add it then this should only be in the form of a request in the boardroom.

Two things.

1)Not all clubs have boardrooms; some are owned by individuals

2)This is a game and it should be fun for a diverse group of players. This is why this should definitely be optional.

Two things.

1)Not all clubs have boardrooms; some are owned by individuals

2)This is a game and it should be fun for a diverse group of players. This is why this should definitely be optional.

1) I said boardroom request, this is one of the things in the game clearly?

2) As I said SI need to find a balance between realism and arcade-like to make purists and casual players happy. This is one that a purist might dislike. I am sure there are purists who have what they want that would ruin the game for casual players and these requests are also not in the game, so the balance about now is right I feel.

1) I said boardroom request, this is one of the things in the game clearly?

2) As I said SI need to find a balance between realism and arcade-like to make purists and casual players happy. This is one that a purist might dislike. I am sure there are purists who have what they want that would ruin the game for casual players and these requests are also not in the game, so the balance about now is right I feel.

These so-called 'purists' already happily use so-called arcade-like features. As I mentioned earlier, most large clubs have Directors of Football to handle transfers. And perhaps the biggest arcade-like feature of the game is that we are allowed to start at the top with the largest clubs. Surely any purist would demand to start at the bottom of the totem pole and work their way up to a top job? Or likely not. The whole reason behind optional features is that it allows the game to be enjoyed by a larger number of players while forcing no one to play it any one way.

Not many in here understand this stuff, bar cougar2010.

There are a few reasons why debts aren't payed lump sum. Firstly when a loan is agreed that is in the tens/hundreds of millions the banks force clubs to a repayment schedule that ensures them maximum interest. This means monthly payment schedule with part principle/interest or just interest and principle at the end of the loan. Obviously if the clubs approached the bank and offered to pay the whole thing in 1 lump sum the bank will accept immediately. That includes the principles and all interest owed. It is the time value of money principle. The banks would rather money now than later but they also want the interest paid.

Clubs will never do this though as it would be extremely foolish. Why would you pay 200mil+interest NOW instead of 200mil+interest in installments. The amount is the same. Time value of money applies to them as well. Money is more valuable now than later. It is foolish to pay all of the debt+interest in one lump sum. It is extremely foolish to say the least. So no, an option to pay off the loan in 1 installment is not only unrealistic but idiotic.

Archived