Loses interest

Firstly I apologize if this topic has been discussed. Secondly for my english.

I've been playing football manager since 2011, this is the best game for me. The problem is that I was not interested in playing after nine seasons in a different club. What is the meaning of the game, if you can create a tactic with which to win 90% of the matches and the remaining 10% to play in a draw? You can take a team from Bristol City, to create tactics and destroy of Manchester United, Chelsea, MC 3-0. After several seasons creates a lot of players with the highest skill, their weaknesses are buying the team and win the Premier League. For example, in 2018 Sunderland won the Premier League. The game is an imbalance of forces. I really want to play this game, but what I did not take command, I know that I will win and win. I want to know what you think about this?

Thank you for your attention.

I agree that this game is easy, perhaps to make it better for casual play, i dont know though. My biggest complaint is its incredibly easy to pick up wonderkid regens even when at a mediocre club. Or i guess i mean its too easy to know who is beckhams regen or del pieros regen(just examples). I dont want to complain too much though as i love this game and have played the various versions more than any other game on my ipod combined.

I started a game as berwick rangers the other day and managed to win the champions league in about 8 years usinf only scottish players! I was a bit shocked by this, i guess i got lucky in that the toughest team i faced was bayern munich, but my team probably only had an average CA of around 125 or 130.

I find the game far too easy. However, it was made more difficult, people would then start complaining about how they never seem to win.

I guess finding the right balance for a game like FMH isn't easy.

By the way, I never seem to find these wonderkid regens. I never know where and how to look for them.

Assuming you don't want to cheat by watching players retire, then just be very thorough of scouting players under 21. Sign loads of players and stick them in your reserves, loaning them out. Over time you'll notice certain stats show a player with great potential.

(And you don't even need a huge budget, my Luton Town save had a reserve squad with Premier quality players by the time I was L1)

• SI Staff

Game difficulty balance is a hard one to get right - the way I tend to wait things is to have 25% say its too easy, 25% too hard and around 50% just right ... so long as the two sides who 'complain' don't find it uberly easy/hard - they generally get a fair amount enjoyment out of the game.

With each iteration I try and improve the games feedback and assistance for newcomers and then in contrast enhance the AI and difficulty slightly to ensure that things are challenging for people who are able/experienced managers .... its a balancing act and one which I'm always listening for feedback upon.

PS - This version being the first with truly custom tactics probably has some exploits which need AI improvements to counter, I'm keeping an eye on any overly dominant tactics which rear their heads, don't worry the AI is in training camp preparing to nerf them ;)

I think for newer players the difficulty is probably about right. Its mostly my fault i find it easy because ive played it so much and have a feel for how it works, with regens etc. i still play evry day though. I always have fun building new squads!

I guess my criticism is that I tend to stick to the same tactic which will always works for me (and this is irrespective of whether I have the right group of players within my squad to do this). I try to freshen things up when I start a new game by trying out new tactics and formations but when results go against me, I revert back to 4-4-2diamond or 4-4-2 attacking and I start getting points on the board.

Something else I find far too easy is the number of quality young players I can pick up on free transfers. I have rarely had to use my transfer budget because I do a search on any player with six months remaining on their contract and just offer them what they want (within reason). The amount of quality signings I have made this way has meant that at the start of the new season, I have a load of new players without having to touch my transfer budget.

• SI Staff
Something else I find far too easy is the number of quality young players I can pick up on free transfers. I have rarely had to use my transfer budget because I do a search on any player with six months remaining on their contract and just offer them what they want (within reason). The amount of quality signings I have made this way has meant that at the start of the new season, I have a load of new players without having to touch my transfer budget.

This is something I've already put a request in to improve in future versions ;)

Game difficulty balance is a hard one to get right - the way I tend to wait things is to have 25% say its too easy, 25% too hard and around 50% just right ... so long as the two sides who 'complain' don't find it uberly easy/hard - they generally get a fair amount enjoyment out of the game.

With each iteration I try and improve the games feedback and assistance for newcomers and then in contrast enhance the AI and difficulty slightly to ensure that things are challenging for people who are able/experienced managers .... its a balancing act and one which I'm always listening for feedback upon.

PS - This version being the first with truly custom tactics probably has some exploits which need AI improvements to counter, I'm keeping an eye on any overly dominant tactics which rear their heads, don't worry the AI is in training camp preparing to nerf them ;)

I take your point Marc. I've seen plenty of posts in this forum from those who complain that they can't win with Newcastle, or Reading, or that they seem to do well away but not at home. For those who complain about how hard it is, you probably have a similar number of people complaining about how easy it is.

However, my experiences with the game have seen me use the same formation, tactics, training schedules, transfer policy (or lack of it as I just tend to sign players with six months left on their contract) every season and I constantly exceed the boards expectations. Obviously I don't win every single game I play but I have never gone through a season without winning promotion/league/a cup competition. I don't even really need to try that hard to achieve this either. I just employ the same old tactics and each season brings me success. As a result, each career feels very much like the last (that's probably down to the handhelds limitations and not just how easy I have found the game to be).

That said, it's a great game for the iOS and there's nothing out there that comes close to rivalling it. Thanks to FMH, my daily commute has been something to look forward to rather than something to dread. I'm just one of those people though who find the game too easy and therefore wish something could be done to make it more challenging.

Personally I like the regen system; hunting and scouting out new players is one of my favourite parts of the game (which is why I hate the first season - the database is soooo small that I always end up accidentally signing the same players; my Prestatyn team has the majority of the people I signed for Bala on FM12 PC purely by coincidence :p)

One reason why it can be too easy for experienced players is because the stats are too specific which makes it very easy to search and sign new players, and in turn makes the scouts completely pointless. Although there's a fog-of-war option, I think that this should be applied automatically to any player outside your host nation. Or, it should be scaled, so that players outside your team's current division have a couple of masked attributes, European teams (assuming you are playing in the UK) should have a couple more masked and South America, Oceania teams should have at least half their attributes masked. Until you scout them or get them in on trial. This would make it harder to find the great players so make the game more difficult, reward you using scouts and make it more enjoyable when you do find the next Messi playing in an alley somewhere.

Archived