+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SMSL - The Nantwich Years

Part-Timer
    Ramos - Manager of the Psychotic Teddy Bears

Default SMSL - The Nantwich Years

Normally I'm very successful at FM. I've been playing for years (since CM2). Now I've tried to limit myself to doing it this way, that way and the other way and although I can eventually get the same success I find it to be a lot duller than just trying to be as successful as I can, as quick as I can.

So if anyone is interest in a struggling against relegation thread, then this really isn't for you.

So what are my aims for this save? My aim is to test the boundaries of this game. Just how quickly can a small club become a massive club? How BIG can ANY club become? Let's hopefully find out.

So on 24th June 2012 I was appointed as the new manager of Nantwich Town in the Blue Square North.

THE SQUAD - Well one look at the starting squad told me it was free transfer time. Annoyingly just before my appointment they'd let our top scorer go on a free to Corby Town!!! This kind of traversty will NEVER happen again.

CLUB INFO - Well apparently we're called the dabbers and have a massive 91 season ticket holders. The press expect us to finish last of the 22 whereas I expect to win it easily or heads will roll.

CLUB FACILITIES - What facilities? The 3,500 capacity Weaver Stadium (or Dumpsville, as I call it), has only 350 seats. Our youth facilities are rented.

Reserves
    I try to avoid saftey winks. If you're too dumb to get sarcasm then I hope you do feel insulted.

hmm... Nantwich. Must have taken a fair bit of reloading? Good luck, but I highly doubt you will win the league with such a low rep team. A top half finish is possible though.

Part-Timer

To be honest I reloaded for a whole hour just to see the teams that came up and then chose the one with the lowest rep that hadn't got too many updates about them.

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover View Post
    What facilities? The 3,500 capacity Weaver Stadium (or Dumpsville, as I call it), has only 350 seats.
    Weaver Stadium is new (only a couple of years old) and is a tidy little stadium, ideal for Nantwich's needs. It's not a dump at all.

Amateur

Always read about the Dabbers in the local paper! Good luck

Part-Timer

Thanks guys.

NANTWICH TOWN - BLUE SQUARE NORTH - 2012/2013

TRANSFERS - As most of us tend to do I've dragged in an awful lot on freebies and as the season went on the players they replaced were released.

LEAGUE - As expected a comfortable title.

CUPS - Our victories in the early rounds of the FA Cup were amazing including the demolision of Wrexham. Even more amazing was being drawn away from home in ALL EIGHT CUP TIES!!!

SQUAD - A strike force with a combined age of 65 really does need replacing next season.

FINANCES - Bad. Think I need to trim the wage bill or earn some series cup money.

PLAYERS: -

Dominic Plant - Quality midfielder obtained on a free with a future a division or two higher up. Provided 17 assists.

Ben Wright - 32 year old striker with 18 goals in 38 games.

Wayne Curtis - The other half of our ageing strikeforce. The 33 year old managed 17 goals in 36 games.

Best XI 2013

CLUB FACILITIES UPGRADE - We are adding 525 seats and 500 standing to Weaver Stadium. Personally I don't see the point of more standing area.

PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON?

Push on. Usually a North/South title has been followed by a Premier title for me. Lets hope that continues

Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/2013 Blue Square North        1st         Champions, Promoted, Expansion by 525 seats, 500 standing.
    Code:
    SEASON      STADIUM                  CAPACITY    SEATS    AVE TCKT  AVE ST  ST HOLDERS  EST VALUE
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013/2014   Weavers Stadium          4,525       1,025    £10.40    £179    112         £170k

Last edited by Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover; 06-04-2012 at 10:33.

First Team Squad Member

Good to see a Nantwich thread, I won the Champions League with them on FM09. I live pretty close to Nantwich and the stadium is good for their level of football. Well done on the promotion. It does seem strange to increase the standing section. Good luck dude.

International Squad

It's strange how SMSL calls Weaver Stadium a dump because it is small yet two people who live near Nantwich tell him otherwise...

Third Team
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/

Will be following as I went to school in Nantwich and as both Nobby and Acidburn have said it's a nice ground for a club of Nantwich's size.
    http://footydiary.wordpress.com/

Reserves

Looks tidy enough to me. Actually has the look of a sports facility on a college campus.

International Squad

They have some decent conference/hospitality facilities in that small stand as well. With the room they have for expansion, they are well placed if they are able to progress on the pitch.

Reserves

That looks like a fine facility, like Mike said, like a college facility.

Third Team
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/

Well there is a secondary school across the road and a college about half a mile away.
    http://footydiary.wordpress.com/

+ Reply to Thread