Huge Problem with Add/Remove league feature (DB size goes up like crazy)

SI kind of blew this feature i´m afraid, as soon as you add even a single league, the number of players in the DB go up by ridiculous numbers.

After getting a new laptop I added the german and italian 2nd league first and then a year later the dutch and russian first division and the game slowed down a lot. So i though i look for things that are off and after looking it up i saw that DB size went from 50k players to 180k within 2 seasons whereas if you do that at the start of the game it´s maybe 5k more to the DB.

Filtering those with genie scout or others is hilarious, there will literally be 50000 regens with a sub-50 PA regens created in the season you add a league or 2.

Also it should allow for leagues to be added as view only definitely.

I also had this problem. This feature needs to be used sparingly until removing leagues removes more players also. I went back down to just EPL playable and still have 170,000 players. When I reported in the bugs forum I was told it will go down eventually but, despite keeping my save, I have started a new one so it processes faster.

Also it should allow for leagues to be added as view only definitely.

I'd hope this is one thing they add to this feature.

But don't forget the add/remove leagues is in for the first time this year so there are bound to be teething problems (of which the huge database growth definitely is a major one). In general I'd say it's a good progression and will only become better as they refine it.

I'd hope this is one thing they add to this feature.

But don't forget the add/remove leagues is in for the first time this year so there are bound to be teething problems (of which the huge database growth definitely is a major one). In general I'd say it's a good progression and will only become better as they refine it.

Yeah it is just a pity it took me 10 seasons to notice and now it requires a lot of patience to play that save. Lesson learnt though and it is a good feature used carefully.

Hmm this may be what happened to me just noticed that i have over 300k players in the database in some of my saves, my only work around so far is to use FMRTE to make every player below 80PA aged 99 and charge everything to 1, that way most clubs release them and come the end of the season they hopefully retire, Havnt managed to go too far on since its a network game but so far i think i got rid of 20k regens. I'm hopeing there will be a way to Delete players someway either form SI or the FMRTE

Crap - if only I knew this. I've just added 20 leagues due to a new pc... Guess my game will stop working if I go from the current 12k to 300k+ players... Luckily I made a backup before I added the extra leagues...

Crap - if only I knew this. I've just added 20 leagues due to a new pc... Guess my game will stop working if I go from the current 12k to 300k+ players... Luckily I made a backup before I added the extra leagues...

If you leave the leagues active it shouldn't change right? The problem seems to be people adding leagues, then removing them and adding another and the players from the deactivated league remain in the DB, so do it enough times and you get the bloat.

If you leave the leagues active it shouldn't change right? The problem seems to be people adding leagues, then removing them and adding another and the players from the deactivated league remain in the DB, so do it enough times and you get the bloat.

nope, 3 straight adds and no removals or re-adds in my case. For every added league the game seems to create like 30k useless regens whereas if you add the same league as playable at the start-screen it will add maybe 3k players.

30k players is normally enough for like 10 active leagues, yet the game creates 30k 15 year olds.

Of course it´s more obvious if you add a couple leagues and remove them and do it again, but even adding a single league makes the DB 50% bigger for most players. Again, i added 3 leagues spread over 2 years and the Player count in the DB went from 50K to 180K. 180K at the start scree would mean you have literally loaded every player available.

Yeah this is what happened in my game.

Same here. Only 8 seasons into a save now and the add/remove leagues feature has slowed things down considerably due to the size my db/save has grown in that time. I started with a medium database with 19000 players, 8 seasons later I have LESS leagues active than what I started with but the database has 150,000 players in it now! :thdn:

Another problem that has began to occur is the runtime application errors and crashes. Never had a single one for the first 6 seasons, had two in season 7, and now they seem to occur every game month in season 8. I wonder if the growing size of the database is linked to these crashes?

Really hope this is hotfixed and is save game compatible.

Hmm this may be what happened to me just noticed that i have over 300k players in the database in some of my saves, my only work around so far is to use FMRTE to make every player below 80PA aged 99 and charge everything to 1, that way most clubs release them and come the end of the season they hopefully retire, Havnt managed to go too far on since its a network game but so far i think i got rid of 20k regens. I'm hopeing there will be a way to Delete players someway either form SI or the FMRTE

This sounds like a good temporary solution until SI sort it. Thanks :thup:

• 4 months later...

As far as I know nothing can be done unless you want to try my idea of using FMRTE to make players really bad and old so they are forced to retire. I haven't really continued on in my game where this happened to me as its hard to find the motivation to keep playing in a game that has 300k+ players, not only the slow downs but with that many extra players there are bound to be quite a few of descent CA/PA and I've found a massive amount of mediocre to very good players that means managing from low rep teams to all but the best of champion league teams is far to easy to get in players of a high standard.

My sugestion if the FMRTE one is too tedious is to load up an older save before you added them in or start anew.

Ive tried the FMRTE thing, but its so slow even holidaying the whole season took a day and they havnt retired yet, i just lost all motivation for that save and havnt been able to get into a journeyman career save since (which is usually the bread and butter of my fm games)

Archived