+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clwb Pl Droed Aberystwyth

Amateur

Default Clwb Pl Droed Aberystwyth

With inspiration from JackJCFC's Carmarthen game I started with Aberystwyth from the Welsh Premier League a few weeks ago. I have just finished my fifth season and what a great season it was. First some information about Aberystwyth (June 2016):

Year Founded: 1884
    Estimated Value: 2.200.000
    Stadium: Park Avenue (capacity: 5000 (1200 seated))
    Training Facilities: Adequate training facilities
    Youth Facilities: Adequate youth facilities
    Youth Recruitment: Limited youth recruitment

The club has just turned professional which I have been waiting for. I can now finally offer full time contracts to my players which will help me a lot. The reason the club has gone professional is undoubtedly because of a fantastic fifth season. Here is a summary of my five seasons:

Season 2011/12
    League: 1st (W17 D10 L5 P61)
    Europe: None
    Cups: Welsh Cup Semi Final, League Cup 1st Rnd
    Prize Money: -

Aberystwyth was predicted a place in middle of the table so it was very satisfying to win the league in my first attempt. We were on fire right from the start with maximum points after eight league matches and we ended one point ahead of Carmarthen.

Season 2012/13
    League: 2nd (W18 D6 L8 P60)
    Europe: Lost 0-3 on aggregate against Molde in the Champions Cup Qual. 2
    Cups: Won Welsh Cup, Quarter Final in League Cup
    2012/13: 318.557

Aberystwyth in Europe! We had not much to say and Molde won without big problems. Neath had a fantastic season in the league and ended with 72 points but we won the Welsh Cup after a penalty shoot-out against Neath.

Season 2013/14
    League: 2nd (W22 D6 L4 P72)
    Europe: Lost 3-4 on aggregate against Dinamo Buc. in EURO Cup 3rd Qual. Rnd
    Cups: Welsh Cup 3rd Rnd, Won League Cup
    Prize Money: 232.917

After a win 4-3 win over Vojvodina from Serbia in the 2nd Qual. Rnd we ran out of luck against Dinamo Buc. I could not complain after our win against Vojvodina. I was satisfied with that but once again Neath were too strong in the league ending two points ahead of us.

Season 2014/15
    League: 1st (W21 D8 L3 P71)
    Europe: Lost on away goals after 4-4 on aggregate against Hajduk in EURO Cup 1st Qual. Rnd
    Cups: Welsh Cup Final, League Cup Semi Final
    Prize Money: 94.443

I was left extremely frustrated after our exit to Hajduk. We lost 0-3 in Croatia but we had chances to get at least a draw. At home we were 4-0 in front at the break and we had loads of chances to make it 5-0 or 6-0 but in stead of that Hajduk got an away goal and were through to next round. Disappointing. We finally won the league against though after a tight, tight run-in. Neath ended with 70 points.

Season 2015/16
    League: 1st (W24 D6 L2 P78)
    Europe: Finished 3rd in EURO Grp K with Lazio, Ajax and FC RB Salzburg (W1 D1 L4 P4)
    Cups: Won Welsh Cup, League Cup Semi Final
    Prize Money: 3.069.230

What a fantastic season. After a comfortable 5-2 win over HB from Faroe Islands we had to difficult games against the Danish team FC Kbenhavn and I did not expect anything from my players. They were sensational and gave me a fantastic 6-3 win on aggregate. In the 3rd Qual. Rnd of the Champions Cup TPS from Finland waited. After a disappointing 1-1 draw at home we won 4-1 in Finland and were ready for two playoff games against Red Star. After a 3-1 surprise win in Wales we missed a great chance for qualifying for the Champions Cup with a 5-1 defeat in Serbia. I was proud of my players who were ready for the group stages of the EURO Cup. We made two astonishing results: 1-1 against Lazio at home and a 2-1 win against Salzburg in Austria. Four points and a 3rd place. I could not complain at all. We won the league without problems.

Awards for the 2015/16 season
    Footballer of the Year: Gareth Bale (Tottenham)
    Young Player of the Year: Alex Nicholson (Aberystwyth)
    Player of the Year: Michael Doughty (Aberystwyth)
    Top Goalscorer: Declan Wilkinson (Aberystwyth)
    Welsh Premier League Young Player of the Year: Ryan Foley (Aberystwyth)

Finally, here is my finances which got a great, great boost after the fantastic fifth season.

Banned

Looks like your working wonders at Aberystwyth Brilliant season!

Youth Team

Making good progress so far Your latest season was pretty good in europe, hopefully you can really start to build the squad with that money. Good Luck!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Looks like your working wonders at Aberystwyth Brilliant season!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Making good progress so far Your latest season was pretty good in europe, hopefully you can really start to build the squad with that money. Good Luck!
    Thanks, both of you. I too thought my fifth season was a bit of wonder, getting results against Salzburg, Lazio and FC Kbenhavn. It was really surprising. I do not hope it will take too long before I am back in the group stages of Europe.

Amateur

July - August 2016

Four signings was made through the summer before our European adventure once again took its beginning. We were entering in the second qualifying round and we got Renova from Macedonia.

Champions Cup 2nd Qualifying Round
    Aberystwyth 3 - 1 Renova

Though we were underdogs I expected to go through and we got a great starting by winning 3-1. The win was never in doubt and it was a little disappointing that we did not win by a bigger margain.

Renova 0 - 1 Aberyswtwyth

A more even match where we did a our job. I was happy to go through without any big problems.

Champions Cup 3rd Qualifying Round
    Aberystwyth 4 - 1 Dinamo Bucharest

Bucharest beat us in 2013 with 3-4 on aggregate why we had a chance for revenge. Led by one of my profiles and last year's top scorer, Declan Wilkinson, we got a fantastic result by winning 4-1.

Dinamo Bucharest 2 - 3 Aberystwyth

As against Renova, the second leg was much more even. With a goal from a corner early on we got a great start, but I got my worries when the Romanians before 20 minutes was in front with 2-1. Luckily, Bucharest ruined it for themselves by getting two players sent off before an hour of play and Wilkinson could seal our place in Champions Cup playoff where Rangers are waiting. We have before beaten FC Kbenhavn and Salzburg why I have a few hopes that we can make another sensational result.

Amateur

August 2016

Champions Cup playoff
    Rangers 5 - 0 Aberystwyth

I had hopes of a surprise result but after this match in Scotland I knew it was over. Rangers was a lot more effective in front of goal. I was more than happy with my team's performance if you look away from our sharpness in front of goal and we were especially good in the start of the second half where we should have scored at least once.

Aberystwyth 0 - 5 Rangers

Rangers killed every little bit of hope here. Again, we had two clear cut chances but I could not complain. Rangers was the far better team over these to games. We are now in the EURO Cup group stages for the second time in a row and I think we have had a great luck in drawing Zrich, Metalist and Stuttgart. All teams are of course better than us on paper but I think we will get some points.

Youth Team

Good results up until Rangers, unlucky. At least you've got the Euro Cup.

Reserves

Wow, didn't expect them to be such crushing opposition.

Amateur

September - October 2016

EURO Cup Group B
    Zrich 1 - 1 Aberystwyth

Great start. After a frustrating own goal from my defender, Burke brought us back in the game and overall it was an even match. Zrich is maybe the weakest team apart from ourself so it was important not to lose.

Aberystwyth 3 - 3 Metalist

This was a fantastic result. Through the match I learned that Metalist have some great players in Jonathan Cristaldo, Jose Sosa, Taison and Sebastian Blanco and when we went down 1-3 after 16 minutes I thought it was over. But we fought us back in the game and with a little bit more luck we could have won the game. With this result we were second in the group.

Stuttgart 3 - 0 Aberystwyth

I did not have too high hopes for this match and in front of nearly 44000 Stuttgart took a fully deserved 3-0 victory. Eight of my players were injured for the game, amongst them some of my profiles and we are fighting a lot with injuries at the moment. Maybe it is because I have signed full time contract with most of my players and they now are on a lot harder training schedule.

Amateur

November - December 2016

EURO Cup Group B
    Aberystwyth 0 - 2 Stuttgart

Our injury problems had developed in the negative direction and I had only two players on the bench for this match. As expected Stuttgart was the better team and I could not complain. It could have been a lot worse.

Aberystwyth 3 - 0 Zrich

Though still missing a lot of players to injuries we did fantastic here. Though another two players got injured through the 90 minutes we won the game with the comfortable result 3-0. It was an even match but we were a lot more effective in front of goal. With the victory we were still in play for the second place. A win over Metalist would mean that we would take their place in the top two.

Metalist 4 - 0 Aberystwyth

But we did not stand a chance in Ukraine. Though the injury situation was beginning to lighten up, Metalist was just a lot better and their players are a class or two better. We took a satisfying third place in the group with five points. One point better compared to last season.

Amateur

Aberystwyth

Season 2016/17

Welsh Premier League
    Third championship in a row and once again without any problems. Ended 19 points in front of Llanelli and scored 93 goals. My summer signing, Eric Broaders, played a big part in the league with 12 goals and 20 assists.

Welsh Cup
    A walk in the park. When Neath equalised after 50 minutes in the final we conceded our first Welsh Cup goal this season. After being extremely ineffective in the first 90 minutes, we found the sharpness in extra time where we scored four times. My third Welsh Cup trophy.

Loosemores League Cup
    No problems at all here either. Carmarthen was taken apart in the final.

Europe
    Another satisfying season in Europe. We improved in terms of prize money because of an extra draw in stead of a defeat compared to the 2015/16 season. Next season I would like us to go through to the Champions Cup group stage.

Profiles of the season

Declan Wilkinson - Top scorer for the second season in a row. His last season was better but I was still satisfied with his contribution of 27 goals.

Eric Broaders - Great debut season. 25 assists was fantastic.

Troy Brown - 11 goals as a defender is impressive. Important player.

Finances
    Prize money: 3.154.746
    Balance: 4.180.585

We won a bit more prize money this season but we used a lot more money on player wages. I can feel that the club has turned professional. We are now dependent on success in Europe. The club have just used about 300.000 to improve our youth facilities which is good.

Youth Team

Good season in europe. Broaders looks pretty decent, lots of assists!

Amateur

July - August 2017

Aberystwyth 6 - 0 Birkirkara

I quickly realised that Birkirkara was not going to be any challenge for my team. They were ran over.

Birkirkara 1 - 3 Aberyswtwyth

Job finished.

Aberystwyth 1 - 0 HJK

We were the far better team but we could not exploit our chances and it ended with a small 1-0 win which gave me some nerves before the second leg.

HJK 0 - 4 Aberystwyth

Fortunately, we found the sharpness in Finland. HJK had a little more to say this time but we were again the better team and we deserved to go through to the playoffs. New signing Fergal Healy continued his great start in the club with a hattrick.

Champions Cup playoff
    Aberystwyth 0 – 2 FC Kbenhavn

I could not believe this result. We controlled the game totally and should have won comfortably. FC Kbenhavn scored on their first shot and they continued their effectiveness in front of goal by scoring on their second or third chance in the beginning of the second half. A very, very disappointment result when you look at how well my team played as a underdog.

FC Kbenhavn 2 – 1 Aberystwyth

A had my hopes of a comeback when Hunter scored early in this match but FC Kbenhavn continued where they ended the first leg by being the far more effective team. What a great chance we had to get into the Champions Cup group stage. We missed it.

Amateur

September - October 2017

EURO Cup Group J
    Aberystwyth 2 2 Metalist

We have been drawn into a group with Metalist, Atltico Madrid and Partizan. I think we have changes against Partizan but the other two are strong opponents. This was a great result though. Like last year, Metalist took the lead early in the match but once again we made a great comeback to get one point. It was en even match and I was satisfied with that.

Atltico Madrid 4 1 Aberystwyth

I was proud of my players after this match. We scored a goal in Spain and I actually think we were the better team in the first half and we should have been in front at the break. Unfortunately Atltico showed their class in front of goal and secured a 4-1 win.

Aberystwyth 4 - 3 Partizan

It is against Partizan that we shall get our points and luckily we got all three points in this game. The match was a little bit too tight at moments but when Wilkinson scored to 4-2 I knew the points were home.

Amateur

November - December 2017

EURO Cup Group J
    Partizan 0 2 Aberystwyth

This was a great performance. Partizan did not have a lot to say and we were creating many chances. We got a deserved 2-0 win and were now on seven points, the same as Atltico Madrid and Metalist.

Metalist 2 - 1 Aberystwyth

We went in front early on and it was very frustrating to see Metalist equalise quickly on their first shot of game after 20 minutes. I was happy with my players performance in this match and it was shame that Metalist should score with 20 minutes remaining and that we missed some great chances late in the game. A draw would have been fantastic and my players effort was very good.

Aberystwyth 0 - 7 Atltico Madrid

Because of injuries in my defence I had to play a left wing at left back and it was actually him who scored an own goal early on. Madrid killed the game inside the first 20 minutes and when I got another defender injured after 25 minutes I knew that we were going to get hammered. It was a bad way to end our season in Europe but I could not complain over the seven points we got. A third place in a difficult group was satisfying.

Youth Team

Some big losses in europe but at least you got two wins.

Amateur

Aberystwyth

Season 2017/18

Transfers - Former Blackburn keeper Jason Brown was brought in to be my new number one and he did a great job with 14 clean sheets in 30 games. Brett, McCann and Humphries were players to strengthen my squad's width and they did well and will also be here next season. In the winter transfer window I used a lot of money to get Greg Biggs from Premier League club Burnley on loan for 18 months. He is now one of my best players and I hope he can help the club into the Champions Cup group stages. I also signed a right winger Fergal Healy at the end of the 2016/17 season (why he is not in this screen shot) and he did very well.

Welsh Premier League
    My best league performance so far. As expected we were totally superior and won the championship in the 26th round.

Welsh Cup
    Bangor City beat us on penalties in the semi final after we had stormed their goal for 120 minutes. We created five clear cut chances and ten half chances but it was not enough. Bangor City got a very lucky win.

Loosemores League Cup
    Did not have any interest in this cup and we were quickly beaten.

Europe
    We left the Champions Cup in a frustrating way but we did well in the EURO Cup group stage where I could not expect more than a 3rd place. Next year I want us to qualifier for the Champions Cup.

Profiles of the season

Declan Wilkinson Again our top scorer with 25 goals. Key player who started in all games in Europe.

Fergal Healy New signing who played fantastic from the beginning and quickly won the spot on the right wing.

Graham Burke 21 goals and 14 assists. Impressive season from the former Aston Villa player.

Finances
    Prize money: 3.210.146
    Balance: 5.200.169

Amateur

July - August 2018

Aberystwyth 1 - 0 Levadia

Not the greatest of performances but we the far better team and should have a got a bigger win but I did not have any worries.

Levadia 1 - 2 Aberyswtwyth

Again, we should have got a bigger win. But we were through but I had my worries about my players' sharpness.

Rapid Bucharest 3 - 1 Aberystwyth

My worries about my players' sharpness in front of goal got worse after this game. As against Levadia, hunter missed a penalty and it was difficult to accept that we lost 3-1 when we had three clear cut chances against Rapid's zero.

Aberystwyth 4 - 3 Rapid Bucharest

Entertaining game where our inefficiency peaked. With 27 shots including 10 half chances and six clear cut chances we should have won this game by a bigger margin. But Rapid was through to the playoffs thanks to efficiency.

EURO Cup 4th Qualifying Round
    Luzern 3 - 1 Aberystwyth

In a league game against Ton Pentre, 150.000 loan signing Greg Biggs had got injured and would be out for five months. Very frustrating when we were about to play European football. It was an even game where I once again thought we missed a lot of chances. We made it difficult for ourselves. This was not a great result and I had big worries before the second leg.

Aberystwyth 2 - 0 Luzern

What a crucial own goal from Luzern! Very showing for our sharpness in front of goal: We needed some help from our opponents. But we were the better team and deserved to go through. We are in a group with Standard, Sporting and Rennais.

Reserves

Pity you only just went out of the CL, pretty close to a group stage qualification soon.

Amateur

September - October 2018

EURO Cup Group J
    Aberystwyth 3 - 2 Standard

When leading 2-0 we got a player sent off but anyway we extended the lead to 3-0 with 25 minutes to go. Standard went close in the last minutes of the game but we won 3-2 which was a great result. Fantastic start on the group stage.

Stade Rennais 2 - 1 Aberystwyth

I could not help but to be a little annoyed that we did not get a point in this match. 1-1 with 20 minutes to go we had a chance to get a great point in France but on the other side Rennais was the far better team and got a deserved victory.

Sporting 1 - 1 Aberystwyth

What a shame. 1-0 with 15 minutes to go and against 10 players we should have hold on to our lead. Sporting was better though and one point in Portugal was fantastic. Four points after three matches, two of the them away from home, was very satisfying.

Youth Team

Decent start in the Euro cup. let's hope you can get a win in the next 3 games!

Amateur

November - December 2018

EURO Cup Group J
    Aberystwyth 0 - 1 Sporting

An even game with Sporting being a little better and also getting the victory. A shame as we could have got one point.

Standard 6 - 0 Aberystwyth

With this performance we could not expect to go through or getting the 3rd place in this group. I had hopes of getting points after our 3-2 win over them in the 1st round but Standard smashed us.

Aberystwyth 1 - 2 Stade Rennais

We should have got one point and it was disappointing that we did not. Rennais was more than satisfied with their late goal securing them a place in the next round of the EURO Cup. With four points we ended at the bottom of the group, with Sporting getting eight points. Standard and Rennais went through with nine points each.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Decent start in the Euro cup. let's hope you can get a win in the next 3 games!
    Would have been nice but it was not to be

Reserves

Way off the required Standard still.

Amateur

Aberystwyth

Season 2018/19

Transfers
    There was actually none of these who played a big part in this season but they were great squad players. But not the best of seasons when it comes to transfers.

Welsh Premier League
    After 10 wins in a row we ended with two disappointing 1-1 matches but there was never any doubt that we were going to win the championship. Second best Carmarthen gave us a little competition beating us two times in the league. But our run-in was fantastic. TNS have been awful since I started and this year they got relegated.

Welsh Cup
    A walkover cup tournament this year only conceding two goals in five games and winning them all without problems.

Loosemores League Cup
    My reserves were good enough to win me the trophy which was satisfying.

Europe
    Massive disappointment to go out of the Champions Cup in the 3rd qualifying round. After a satisfying start with a win over Standard and a draw with Sporting we ended the group stage badly.

Profiles of the season

Eric Broaders With an average rating of 7.93 in the league he was player of the year. 21 goals and 15 assists was very satisfying.

Fergal Healy Owns the right wing. 19 assists was fantastic.

Ryan Foley Big shame that he did not want to stay. With nine goals he was not just great in defence. He is unfortunately off to Inverness on a free transfer.

Mary Hunter Maybe my best player. He controls the midfield with great passing. 15 assists was very good.

Declan Wilkinson Top scorer for the fourth season in a row. His total is still decreasing though. Going from 30 goals 2015/16 to 23 this season.

Finances
    Prize money: 1.665.847
    Balance: 3.316.348

Not a good season for our finances. We suffered under our defeat to Rapid Bucharest in the 3rd qualifying wound of the Champions Cup. We have just used 1.200.00 to improve our youth facilities.

Amateur

I am just shocked that TNS got relegated.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tho View Post
    I am just shocked that TNS got relegated.
    It happened to me on FM 11. They never made it back and Barry took their place

Amateur

They have just won the league in real life too.

Anyways, another good season Toby. Keep it up.

Amateur

July - August 2019

Aberystwyth 3 0 Sant Juli
    Sant Juli from Andorra should never be any challenge for my team and they were not.

Sant Juli 0 - 6 Aberyswtwyth

Fergal Healy finished Sant Juli off with his fifth goal against them. Through to the next round.

Zeljeznicar 0 - 2 Aberystwyth

After two great games from Healy he mad a mistake here by being sent off after only 13 minutes. It was therefore very satisfying that we won the game 2-0.

Aberystwyth 1 1 Zeljeznicar

I got a bit nervous when Zeljeznicar scored after 24 minutes. But Borrowmans equaliser in the second half was a big relief and an even game ended 1-1.

Champions Cup playoff
    Maribor 0 - 1 Aberystwyth

We were seeded for the playoff games and I was happy with the draw. We could beat Maribor and we got a great result in Slovenia. It was an even game and it was good to se my players finding sharpness in front of goal at this stage.

Second leg to follow...

Reserves

Shouldn't be too much trouble with a lead from the away leg.

Amateur

Champions Cup playoff 2nd leg
    Aberystwyth 3 2 Maribor

We had a fantastic chance to qualify for the Champions Cup for the first time but we got a bit worried when we went 1-2 down. Luckily, Wilkinson equalised and in the final stage of the match Lawless secured us the ticket to the Champions Cup group stage! Breakthrough!

Amateur

September - October 2019

Champions Cup Group A
    Porto 0 0 Aberystwyth

What a marvellous start to the Champions Cup for Aberystwyth! The Champions Cup semi finalists from 2014 and 2017 could not break us down and we won one point in front of 43.000 in Portugal. I could be nothing but satisfied.

Aberystwyth 0 0 Stuttgart

We kept Stuttgart away from big scoring chances and that was the satisfying thing in this match. Another clean sheet in the Champions Cup and another 347.000 in prize money for a draw.

Aberystwyth 1 3 Marseille

After an unlucky first half where Marseille scored from two corners we won the second half which was sensational. Marseille is the team with the fifth best coefficient so this result was definitely no shame. After three games matches we are now number three in the group, one point in front of Porto.

Amateur

November - December 2019

Champions Cup Group A
    Marseille 5 - 0 Aberystwyth

We were totally run over. They are and were just the better team.

Aberystwyth 1 2 Porto

Points in this match could mean extremely much and when Pontus Uppling brought my team in front after only nine minutes I had great hopes of at least one point. Unfortunately, we could not live up to our fantastic start and Porto went on to win 2-1.

Stuttgart 4 0 Aberystwyth

I could not expect to get anything from this match and when we went down 2-0 after only 10 minutes I knew it was over. We created a clear cut chance but nothing more and the Germans got a deserved 4-0 victory. Aberystwyths first experience in the Champions Cup ends with two point and that is actually quite satisfying.

Table

Amateur

Aberystwyth

Season 2019/20

Transfers We could not hold on to Ryan Foley, Alex Nicholson and Declan Wilkinson who were signed by Premier League clubs from Scotland. I tried a lot of times to offer the best I could for Wilkinson but nothing was good enough. My top scorer from my last five seasons therefore made a big step up the ladder with his move to Celtic. And it looks like I will lose a few my profiles now: Marty Hunter and Fergal Healy do not want to extend their contracts and Eric Broaders is already off to Hibernian.

I myself signed a few for the future. Lennert Pederson is 19 years old, Martin Whing is 18, Steve Worthington is 17 and the others are not more than 21 years old. I hope they will develop greatly in this club.

Welsh Premier League
    Not the most superior season in the league but still there was no competition for us. New signing Kristian Pulis went on to be my top scorer in the league with 10 goals.

Europe
    Breakthrough in Europe! We did not have the big troubles in the qualification but in the group stage we just went down to better teams.

Profiles of the season

Fergal Healy With 12 goals and 19 assists Healy was my best player this season. He offers great pace on the right wing.

Derek Lawless Lawless is much the same as Healy; a quick winger. With 15 goals he was my top scorer this season.

Carl John I was satisfied with Johns 20 assists and hope he will develop further more.

Finances
    Prize money: 7.000.088
    Balance: 6.558.448

By far our best season when it comes to finances. 7 million in prize money is fantastic and our balance is twice as large as last year. We have just used another 1.200.000 to improve our youth facilities.

Reserves

Good couple of draws early on, shame you couldn't get any more.

Part-Timer

excellent story mate i also have a save with aber just finishing my first season tho.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Good couple of draws early on, shame you couldn't get any more.
    Yeah, with the start I had you could have hope for a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by FMtillidie View Post
    excellent story mate i also have a save with aber just finishing my first season tho.
    Great to hear, good luck!

Amateur

July - August 2020

Aktobe 0 4 Aberystywth
    New signing Jesper Wiklund made a good contribution as we took a comfortable lead before the second leg.

Aberyswtwyth 3 2 Aktobe
    I used some of my reserve players for this match and we managed to win. Aktobe was no challenge for us.

Aberystwyth 5 0 Buducnost
    Like Aktobe, Buducnost neither looked like a challenge for us. We controlled them completely and got a fantastic 5-0 win. Wiklund continued his great start at the club.

Buducnost 0 1 Aberystwyth
    The job was finished in a boring match.

Champions Cup playoff
    Aberystwyth 3 0 BATE
    I was very satisfied with this result. BATE did not score and we scored on our chances. We could not miss the chance for a ticket to the Champions Cup group stage for the second season in a row now

BATE 4 1 Aberystwyth
    This was very nervy! When Gabriel Mete equalized in the first half I thought we were through. But as my players were ineffective in front of goal, BATE scored on their chances. When BATE went 4-1 in front with 20 minutes to go I feared the worst. Fortunately, we held on and went through on our away goal. Fenerbahce, Manchester United and Atltico Madrid are waiting in the group stage not an easy group. Fenerbahce smashed Real Madrid out of the tournament with a 7-1 victory at home in the qualification.

Reserves

Sounds like one of the worst groups you could have had. Good luck getting something.

Amateur

September - October 2020

Champions Cup Group A
    Aberystwyth 1 3 Fenerbahce
    We did not get the best start and were trailing 2-0 after only 13 minutes. We got better in the second half but is was not enough to get a point.

Manchester United 2 0 Aberystwyth
    71.000 at Old Trafford this was maybe the biggest match in Aberystwyth history so far. United was ineffective and it was satisfying that we only lost 2-0 in this very difficult match. Giant Kristian Pulis owned Chris Smalling and Phil Jones in the air not losing one single header.

Aberystwyth 1 4 Atltico Madrid
    Not a great game from my players and the Spaniards were just much better. Our chances for just one point in this group look very small now.

Part-Timer

hard luck in CL tough group.

Amateur

November - December 2020

Champions Cup Group A
    Atltico Madrid 3 - 0 Aberystwyth
    Atltico dominated us even more in this match and got another deserved victory.

Fenerbahce 2 – 1 Aberystwyth
    This was an acceptable result. In could not complain after only losing 2-1 where Real Madrid lost 7-1.

Aberystwyth 2 – 5 Manchester United
    Not that bad a performance scoring two goals against the English giants from Manchester. This was a difficult group and we never went close to get points. But I could only be satisfied that we were in the group stage for the second season in a row. That is important.

Table

Amateur

Aberystwyth

Season 2020/21

Transfers I did not realise that we got 425.000 for Healy. That was nice when he now had to leave. It was not a great summer transfer window for us and I thought our squad was weakened. But I am very delighted with my latest signings. Hendrik Scholz, Felix Gege and Markus Segerstrm look like great players who have to improve our squad.

Welsh Premier League
    My eight championship.

Europe
    We went close to what would have been a very disappointing Champions Cup exit but we made it to the group stage where we got slaughtered. I hope to improve the squad so that in next season I can get my first Champions Cup win.

Profiles of the season

Derek Lawless Player of the season with 13 goals and 24 assists.

Carl John Constantly improving and this season he got 23 assists.

Ray Brett Strong forward who is great in the air. My top scorer this season.

Kristian Pulis Another big and strong forward who scores goals for me.

Jesper Wiklund Fantastic goal scoring record from the right winger. Great debut season and he did especially well in Europe.

Rok Pavlovic Bossing my defence.

Finances
    Prize money: 6.372.572
    Balance: 6.673.610

No points in the Champions Cup group stage meant a decrease in our prize money compared to the previous season. Our balance has also decreased which is because we just have paid 3.500.000 to improve our training facilities.

Amateur

July - August 2021

Aberystwyth 4 1 Renova
    We had the opportunities to a lot more than a 4-1 victory here but we were so much better than Renova that I did not have any worries before the second leg.

Renova 1 3 Aberystwyth
    As expected, no problems.

Aberystwyth 1 0 Sarajevo
    I had hoped for some more but we did not play especially well and with a 1-0 win we were far from having secured a ticket to the playoffs.

Sarajevo 0 5 Aberystwyth
    Luckily we found the sharpness in front of goal here and we slaughtered Sarajevo. New forward Hendrik Scholz scored for the third time in four matches.

Champions Cup playoff
    Aberystwyth 9 - 0 Wisla
    Unbelievable result! Have to be one the best games in Aberystwyth history. Wisla was favourite but we totally ran them over. New players Scholz and Segerstrm played fantastic.

Wisla 2 - 1 Aberystwyth
    Another great performance but Wisla was the effective team and won 2-1 but it did not matter after our 9-0 victory in Wales. Through to the group stage for the third time in a row! FC Bayern, Chelsea and Zenit are waiting.

Reserves

If it wasn't for the group draw I'd have said that after the Wisla showing you'd be on course for a far better CL showing this time. Still might against Zenit.

Amateur

Hat off to you mate, ive been following this story for a few weeks, more a lerker than poster but yesterday I started as Aberystwth and well first 10 games I lost 1 and won 9 so was sitting a point behind neath well next 12 games I lost in a row and got sacked!!!
    think ill stick to the reading of this great team now

Amateur

If it wasn't for the group draw I'd have said that after the Wisla showing you'd be on course for a far better CL showing this time. Still might against Zenit.
    Think I have a chances against Zenit. Just look at my upcoming post...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlightyear View Post
    Hat off to you mate, ive been following this story for a few weeks, more a lerker than poster but yesterday I started as Aberystwth and well first 10 games I lost 1 and won 9 so was sitting a point behind neath well next 12 games I lost in a row and got sacked!!!
    think ill stick to the reading of this great team now
    What a shame. Great to hear that I have inspired you, you should maybe give it another shot!

Amateur

September - October 2021

Champions Cup Group A
    Aberystwyth 3 2 Zenit
    Thanks to a late set piece goal from Lennart Pedersen, Aberystwyth got their first ever Champions Cup win! A very important result if we are to take the third place as I can see Zenit lose their matches against FC Bayern and Chelsea.

FC Bayern 3 0 Aberystwyth
    In the last quarter of the first half the Germans won this game. I expected to lose and could not complain.

Chelsea 2 0 Aberystwyth
    We had absolutely nothing to say. We did not have one single shot so I could only be satisfied with the fact that Chelsea only scored two times when they were so dominant.

Reserves

All you need to do is grab a point in Russia.

Part-Timer

excellent win vs zenit

Amateur

November - December 2021

Champions Cup Group A
    Aberystwyth 0 2 Chelsea
    We kept Chelsea away from scoring for 68 minutes so I could not help being a little bit disappointed that we could not hold on. But Chelsea was the dominant team and deserved three points.

Zenit 2 2 Aberystwyth
    This was an important result! We were now one point in front of Zenit who would play Chelsea in London in the last game. It was fantastic to see Scholz equalize with 20 minutes to go and the players holding on to the result.

Aberystwyth 1 3 FC Bayern
    Zenit had to win at Stamford Bridge to win the third place but as expected the lost why my team ended third! Also as expected, FC Bayern beat us in superior style. We are now through to the EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round against Rangers.

Table

Reserves

Excellent, knew that you'd manage to keep ahead of them.

Amateur

Excellent, knew that you'd manage to keep ahead of them.
    Cheers. It is actually quite nice to get two top teams and a mediocre team as Zenit. Better than three fairly equal teams.

Amateur

EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round
    Aberystwyth 2 - 1 Rangers
    It was very frustrating to see my players miss all these chances. We were the far better team and it would have been awful if Lawless had not scored right away after Rangers equaliser. I was hopeful before the second leg because we had been a lot better than Rangers in this match.

Rangers 1 1 Aberystwyth
    Our European adventure continues! It was a much more even match this time and we defended our lead from the first match. Next up is Fenerbahce who we lost against twice last season.

Youth Team

Great work in europe, should do your ranking some good.

Amateur

Marts 2022

EURO Cup 2nd Knockout Round
    Aberystwyth 2 – 1 Fenerbahce
    Another great result as our adventure continued. We were a bit sharper than Fenerbahce and ended up with a 2-1 win and I could not complain at all. My players were playing fantastically when you looked at who they were up against.

Fenerbahce 1 - 3 Aberystwyth
    One of the best performances in the history of Aberystwyth Town. Unbelievable result that send us through to the quarter finals! I am so proud of my players who played up to their best. Hendrik Scholz continues his amazing form in Europe with his 12th European goal this season.

Part-Timer

Good result against the Turks!

Reserves

Exciting run.

Youth Team

Great run, good luck in the next round!

Amateur

Wow, you've really turned Aberystwyth in to a force, brilliant work!

Amateur

Marts - April 2022

EURO Cup Quarter Final
    Benfica 2 - 0 Aberystwyth
    It was a shame that we did not get more out of this match. I thought my players played well and we kept Benfica away from scoring in the first half. Unfortunately, Benfica found sharpness in the second half.

Aberystwyth 1 3 Benfica
    When Benfica scored after only four minutes I knew it was over. Sandara equalised from a free kick but as in the first match, Benfica was more effective in front of goal. Our adventure ends here and I can only be extremely proud of this achievement. We will hopefully be back next year.

Reserves

Pity, but good run.

Amateur

Aberystwyth

Season 2021/22

Transfers
    Emilsson, Basit, Bruhn and Pedersen are all players for the future but Segerstrm is one of my most skilful players and he had a great season. All five are Scandinavian players by the way and at the moment I have 11 Scandinavians in my squad.

Welsh Premier League
    Port Talbot was actually quite close to us with a few games to go but we made it and won the championship once again.

Europe
    Amazing season in Europe. First we smashed Wisla totally with a 9-0 victory in Wales before four points against Zenit were enough to a third place in our Champions Cup group. Benfica ended our adventure in the EURO Cup quarter final after we sensationally have beaten Rangers and Fenerbahce.

Profiles of the season

Derek Lawless With 25 goals and 26 assists this have to be the best season by a Aberystwyth player I have seen. I hope that I can extend his contract but I have my worries.

Hendrik Scholz With 12 goals in Europe he made a huge impact in his first season as a Aberystwyth player.

Hans Kahric Important player in my defence. Would be excellent if I could extend his contract.

Marcus Segerstrm Skilful player who will be here to at least 2026.

Jesper Wiklund Shame that he is going to Standard as he had a fantastic season. He was great in Europe and his statistics for the season speaks for itself.

Finances
    Prize money: 8.234.210
    Balance: 9.262.086

So far our best season when it comes to prize money. We have just used another 3.800.000 for youth facilities improvements but our balance is still looking great.

Amateur

July - August 2022

Linfield 0 4 Aberystwyth
    Great game by Kristian Pulis who got a hattrick and an assist. Grega Jancar is a new left winger and he came on as a sub and scored on his debut.

Aberystwyth 4 - 0 Linfield
    No problems in the second leg, although I used my reserve players. It was great to see my new 18 year old forward Louis Conlon score two goals.

Aberystwyth 3 - 1 Qarabag Agdam
    Never heard of this team from Azerbaijan and I did not expect them to be any challenge. They were not, though they actually got a good result. We should have won this match with a lot bigger margin.

Qarabag Agdam 2 - 2 Aberystwyth
    So close to disaster. When Qarabag Agdam went 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go we were out. Thankfully, Scholz was very fast to score and in the last minutes of the match Humphries secured our spot in the playoffs with a goal from a set piece.

Champions Cup playoff
    Aberystwyth 2 - 1 BATE
    I feared the worst when Carl John got booked two times for diving inside six minutes and BATE equalized straight after John was sent off. We did well to win the match 2-1 anyway but Johns red card could very well cost us

BATE 0 - 6 Aberystwyth
    I had my worries when I thought about the last time we were in Borisov when we lost 4-1. Thankfully, my team was magical this time. BATE was destroyed by my cynical team. We had a great start and ended up winning 6-0. Unfortunately, Skjerve, who scored two goals, got injured and is out for five months. Arsenal, Schalke and Palermo are waiting in the group stage.

Amateur

Not a bad group there. Great win over BATE too.

Reserves

Not quite as tough a group this time.

Amateur

September - October 2022

Champions Cup Group F
    Schalke 2 - 0 Aberystwyth
    I was satisfied with how we played but disappointed with the fact that we missed a few great chances. We were out of luck and Schalke won the game.

Aberystwyth 0 - 2 Arsenal
    This is a fantastic Arsenal side and I could not complain about losing 2-0.

Aberystwyth 1 - 0 Palermo
    Our second victory in the Champions Cup! Palermo helped us a lot with their sending off just before half time. We dominated the second half and with 15 minutes to go, the 19 year old Dane David Basit scored the winning goal. We are fourth in the group with three points, the same as Schalke and Palermo. Points in our away game against Palermo and our home game against Schalke could be crucial.

Reserves

Good win against Palermo.

Amateur

November - December 2022

Champions Cup Group F
    Palermo 4 0 Aberystwyth
    With 0-0 at half time I believed we could get something out of this match but the Italians were just much better after the break and their forward Gandola killed us.

Aberystwyth 1 - 1 Schalke
    Very disappointing that Schalke should equalise with 15 minutes to go. Schalke got a defender sent off after only five minutes and when Coughlan brought us in front just before the break we should have secured the three points. But Schalke got a point, a point which can be very vital for them as we now both are on four points. We had to get something out of our extremely difficult away game against Arsenal while Schalke have to lose to Palermo at home.

Arsenal 2 - 2 Aberystwyth
    Absolutely amazing result here. We took our chances and defended well which gave one point at Emirates Stadium. Unfortunately, it was not enough to get the third place as Schalke played 2-2 after trailing 2-1 with 15 minutes to go. Shame.

Table

Reserves

Bit better this time, definitely deserved the 3rd.

Amateur

Aberystwyth

Season 2022/23

Transfers
    Louis Conlon, Richard Coughlan, Milinko Lazovic, Karel Blazek, Bjrn Melander were great signings and I am sure they will play a part in our next season. Unfortunately, I had to let go of two of my best players ever in this club. Haris Kahric and Derek Lawless did not want to extend their contracts, so just before the winter transfer window I offered them to other clubs to get some money out of them. Shame they are gone but I think I have brought in some good replacements. Pavlovic is going to PSV on a free transfer but I have been out spending 1.400.000 on Max Wilshere from Aston Villa. He should be good enough to fill the space Pavlovic leaves.

Welsh Premier League
    Satisfying to go through the league without one single defeat.

Europe
    We had a few problems in the qualification but I thought five points in the group stage were a great performance. We had a great chance to finish third but were a bit unlucky.

Profiles of the season

Louis Conlon As a 19 year old forward/wing, Conlon had a great debut season with 17 goals. I hope he can develop further more.

Hendrik Scholz Top goal scorer with 22 goals. Key player who plays the important matches.

Lennart Pedersen Good defender who is fantastic in the air.

Finances
    Prize money: 7.802.669
    Balance: 12.019.118

Our balance is just growing and growing thanks to our performances in Europe. It was a great amount of prize money when you take into account that we only played European football before Christmas. Again, again, we have used some millions to improve our training facilities.

Amateur

July - August 2023

Aberystwyth 5 – 0 Zeta
    Zeta from Montenegro should not be any challenge and defender Lennart Pedersen had a great game as we ran them over.

Zeta 1 – 2 Aberystwyth
    It was 11 new players in my line-up for this match and we finished the job with a win though Zeta actually was the best team.

Sheriff 2 - 4 Aberystwyth
    Though we gave away too many chances and it was a little bit disappointing to concede two goals I was satisfied with the result. A 4-2 victory away from home should be enough to go through.

Aberystwyth 4 - 0 Sheriff
    I thought we were a bit disappointing in the first match but this time we were superior. Sheriff’s one shot came after 88 minutes and the performances from my defenders were pleasing.

Champions Cup playoff
    Aberystwyth 2 - 0 Basel
    We ended with a great result but it took a long time for my players to find the back of the net. It was frustrating to see my players miss so many chances but in the last minutes of the match Pedersen scored after a corner before Jancar finished a counter attack by rounding the keeper and scoring to 2-0.

Basel 0 - 2 Aberystwyth
    This was a convincing performance from my players. We fully deserved our 2-0 win and Basel did not have a lot to say. We are through and for the first time we are amongst the third seeds and we will be up against Manchester United, Napoli, Partizan. A fine draw as we could get four points against Partizan who we won over two times back in 2017.

Amateur

Again, blitzing your way through the early stages, with only 3 goals conceded in 6 games, just need that extra win or 2 in the group stages. It's all impressive work though.

Amateur

September - October 2023

Champions Cup Group G
    Aberystwyth 1 - 0 Manchester United
    What a result! What a victory! Hendrik Scholz, who is fantastic for me in Europe, brought us in front early on. United had their chances to equalise but they were not sharp enough. We got an amazing start to the group stage with a win over Englands second best team.

Napoli 2 1 Aberystwyth
    It is no shame to lose 2-1 in Italy against Napoli. I was satisfied and thought my players played very well.

Partizan 0 5 Aberystwyth
    After a totally superior performance from my players, Partizan got their third 5-0 defeat in three games. Richard Coughlan ran the show with three goals and an assist. We are now number two in the group with same number of points as Napoli and United.

Amateur

Bit better this time, definitely deserved the 3rd.
    Yeah, it was a shame!

Quote Originally Posted by ShanghaiNugget View Post
    Again, blitzing your way through the early stages, with only 3 goals conceded in 6 games, just need that extra win or 2 in the group stages. It's all impressive work though.
    Thanks! And what a start to the group stage, huh?

Reserves

Excellent work, might qualify.

Amateur

November 2023

Champions Cup Group G
    Aberystwyth 2 0 Partizan
    I expected a win against this Partizan team who was very low on confidence. We got a comfortable win and were number one in the group!

Manchester United 1 1 Aberystwyth
    Unbelievable that we got one point here! We have now got four points against the giants Manchester United. United was the far better team and we very lucky to get one point. We are still number one with only our home game against Napoli left. A draw will secure a ticket to the next round of the Champions Cup.

Table

Reserves

Excellent, should make it through.

Amateur

December 2023

Champions Cup Group G
    Aberystwyth 1 1 Napoli
    I can not believe it. I thought it was over when Napoli scored after only 65 seconds but Scholz would equalise soon on one of our few chances. Napoli did not manage to put on a heavy pressure and my players defended very well. It is hard to believe that we have ended on a second place in this group with 11 points. We have been lucky, especially against United at Old Trafford, but my players have also been amazing. Aberystwyth is through to the first knockout round where Juventus is waiting.

Table

Reserves

Yay, nice once!

Amateur

February Marts 2024

Champions Cup 1st Knockout Round
    Aberystwyth 2 - 3 Juventus
    I did not have any expectations of a win against Italys number one and I thought 2-3 was a good result. Juventus scored two times from corners which was frustrating. We got a glimmer of hope before the second leg when Juventus keeper Begovic scored an own goal in the very last seconds of the match.

Juventus 2 - 1 Aberystwyth
    We got a fantastic start but from our opening goal Juventus bombarded our goal with shots and they deserved to win. But to lose only 5-3 on aggregate against this amazing Juventus side is very, very satisfying. Fantastic season in Europe.

Reserves

Still good work getting to that stage.

Amateur

Aberystwyth

Season 2023/24

Transfers
    Fergal Healy, who in three seasons scored 37 goals and made 52 assists for this club, is back! After three seasons in Hibernian I signed with him for the second time. All the others are young players who I have very high hopes about. Ryan Blackwell is only 18 years old and he could be a star for this club. He has to when I have signed him for 2.200.000!

Welsh Premier League
    Bala ended our unbeaten run of 52 matches the 30th December with a 1-0 win which was a bit of a shame. But no problems retaining the title.

Europe
    Outstanding season in Europe. 11 points in a group containing Manchester United and Napoli were more than we could have dreamt of. We won the second place after only one defeat. Juventus ended our adventure beating us 5-3 on aggregate in first knockout round but I could only be extremely proud of my players achievement.

Profiles of the season

Grega Jancar A great season from left winger Jancar that makes it easier to forget Lawless.

Hendrik Scholz With nine goals in Europe, Scholz had another fantastic season. Key player in our biggest games.

Karel Blazek A very stable player on the right side of my defence.

Kimmo Mattila With a average rating of 7.64 in Europe, Mattila was another great player for me in the Champions Cup this year. Unfortunately, he will not extend his contract and he is off before long.

Louis Conlon Conlon is a wanted player but I will hold on to him as he could develop into something very good.

Finances
    Prize money: 11.926.813
    Balance: 14.770.836

I have used 3.700.000 (Max Wilshere buy included) on new players and 3.800.000 on youth facilities, so I am very satisfied with how high our balance is. It is of course primarily because of our fantastic Champions Cup run. Clear record this year when it comes to prize money.

Amateur

Have you looked at a new ground for extra income? also well done on everything so far.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

Great season in Europe. Well done.

Semi Pro
    Somewhere between Yael Stone and Laura Prepon (@_meestercat)

Ha, what a brilliant save. I went to Uni in Aber - it would've been good to have seen CL football while I was there!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by MeesterCat View Post
    Ha, what a brilliant save. I went to Uni in Aber - it would've been good to have seen CL football while I was there!
    Same! Champions League round of 16 vs Juventus, 4. Sounds about right.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlightyear View Post
    Have you looked at a new ground for extra income? also well done on everything so far.
    The board thinks the fan base is too small for a new stadium unfortunately.

Thanks to you all!

Amateur

July - August 2024

KR 0 6 Aberystwyth
    KR from Iceland should never be any challenge and we did not have any problems running them over.

Aberystwyth 4 - 0 KR
    I made 11 changes in my line-up and it was still no problem to beat KR. 10-0 on aggregate.

RB Salzburg 2 5 Aberystwyth
    Salzbrug was quite a good team to get at this stage and you could have your worries. But my players did very well and a 5-2 win in Austria should be enough to go through.

Aberystwyth 0 - 1 RB Salzburg
    Hard to believe that we did not win this match. Even harder to believe that we did not score. But we just were not sharp enough in front of goal. A problem that needed to be sorted out.

Champions Cup playoff
    Aberystwyth 2 - 0 APOEL
    We did not have one of our best games but we got a win and a clean sheet which should be enough to go through.

APOEL 1 - 2 Aberystwyth
    A more even match ended with a victory after great efficiency in front of goal from my players. We are through to the group stage where we will be up against Manchester United (once again), Milan and Rapid Bucharest. We should be available to get six points against the latter but I can not expect anything against United and Milan. But then again, I could not last year either.

Amateur

September - October 2024

Champions Cup Group E
    Aberystwyth 1 - 3 Milan
    My defence could not cope with Milan forward Cioppa. He was unfortunately having a fantastic day and we did not get the best of starts in the Champions Cup group stage, though I was happy to see my players keep fighting and grapping a goal in the end.

Manchester United 3 0 Aberystwyth
    With last seasons four points against United in mind I had a few hopes of another sensation but they totally dominated us and I could only be satisfied with the fact that they did not get a bigger win.

Rapid Bucharest 0 2 Aberystwyth
    With a win here I would be very hopeful of a third place. My players did not disappoint me and we were the better team. Rapid had nothing to say and we scored on our chances expect for the penalty in extra time. Three points in the bag.

Reserves

Vital win in Bucharest.

Amateur

November – December 2024

Champions Cup Group E
    Aberystwyth 2 – 2 Rapid Bucharest
    As you can see on the match stats, we should have won this game. It was a shock to get behind 2-0 but my players showed great spirit by scoring two times in the very end of the match after having hit the woodwork two times and missed several chances. Though I expected a victory and was a little bit disappointed, this result should be enough to secure the third place.

Milan 4 – 1 Aberystwyth
    Once again, we could not cope with Milan’s Cioppa. This was his second hattrick against us. We now only needed Milan to get at least a point against Rapid in the last group game and the third place would be ours.

Aberystwyth 0 – 1 Manchester United
    Fine result and a good performance as United did not have any clear cut chances. Now, we looked to Bucuresti to see if Rapid had managed to get the necessary win. They had not but they went close. Milan equalised their 1-0 lead with 20 minutes to win a point and we were very happy with that. We have maybe got the worst draw you could imagine in the EURO Cup first knockout round: We will be up against Inter who finished second in the Serie A last season.

Table

Reserves

Ouch draw.

Amateur

February 2025

EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round
    Aberystwyth 0 - 0 Inter
    With Inter only a little bit better than us I could only be satisfied with the performances of my players. It was also a fine result and if we could snatch an away goal I believed we could make it to the next round.

Inter 1 3 Aberystwyth
    I could not believe my own eyes stunning result! An away goal would do well for us and when Svensson scored after only five minutes I really believed we could go through. Inter did not create many big scoring chances but with 10 minutes to go they got the equaliser to create a very nervous and tense end of the game. My players did very well and with two goals on counter attacks in stoppage time we managed to win 3-1 at Giuseppe Meazza. Absolutely unbelievable.

Reserves

Thats amazing, can probably beat most sides you face after that.

Amateur

Marts 2025

EURO Cup 2nd Knockout Round
    Aberystwyth 2 - 1 Schalke
    Milinko Lazovic had a fantastic game and was my main man in this great victory. It was an even game but we were more effective in front of goal which was very satisfying. I was full of believe before the second leg.

Schalke e3 1 Aberystwyth
    Entertaining match where we had to say that Schalke in the end was the deserved winner. Lars Hansen missed a few one on ones with Schalkes keeper but unfortunately he was not sharp on the night but we just had to say that Schalke was the more productive team.

Reserves

Oh so close!

Amateur

Aberystwyth

Season 2024/25

Transfers
    I had too many centre defenders why I thought it was perfect to sell Max Wilshere for 1.500.000 to Portsmouth. I could not extend Hendrik Scholz contract why I decided to sell him. He had been a great player for us and was worth the 600.000 Premier League club Derby signed him for. Alex Nicholson has returned to the club and then, as always, I have signed some young Scandinavians.

Welsh Premier League
    Fine season. I am rotating a lot and I think that is why we lost points in seven games. I am giving playing time to my younger players.

Europe
    The highlight was to win at Giuseppe Meazza and send Inter out of the EURO Cup. I could not complain about this years performance in Europe.

Profiles of the season

Lars Hansen A very quick forward/wing. Has only played as a forward 14 times why the 18 goals is an impressive record. He did also score 24 goals for my reserve team.

Ryan Blackwell Fine forward with goals in his feet. I hope he keeps developing.

Bjrn Melander A very stable full back. Top player for me.

Eybor Gudjnsson A quick full back who is difficult to get past.

David Basit Clever player with a fantastic work rate on the midfield.

Markus Segerstrm Went to Celtic after Christmas but was great for me before that. With three goals and three assists he was good in Europe.

Finances
    Prize money: 7.965.934
    Balance: 14.042.575

We have just used 9.000.000 on facilities improvements. Our prize money was not as high as last season as we did not qualifier to Champions Cup knockout round. I am very satisfied with our finances though.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

Very nice season .

Amateur

July - August 2025

Aberystwyth 5 2 Lech
    I was not satisfied with the fact that we conceded two goals but 5-2 should be enough to go through.

Lech 1 2 Aberystwyth
    I made a lot of changes for the second leg but we took a comfortable 2-1 win and got through.

Champions Cup playoff
    Aberystwyth 5 - 0 Videoton
    Videoton from Hungary should not be any challenge for my boys and with a 5-0 victory we were as good as through to the group stage.

Videoton 2 - 2 Aberystwyth
    Not a great performance but we got what we needed. We are through to the group stage where I think we have got a fantastic draw. Atltico Madrid, Zenit and Omonoia are waiting and I am eyeing a second place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast