Job Offers?

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to give you a quick rundown of my game to give you the idea. I am still playing on FM11. I am managing Porto and i am in my third season now, my career has started pretty much as Jose Mourinho's did, i won the League and cup double plus the Uefa cup in the first season.

In my second season i brought in a few young regens and young brazilians who just clicked and i won the League and cup double plus the Champions League beating Man Utd, Bayern, Lyon, and Milan in the final.

My question really is why havent i had any job offers? I am starting to get bored with the portugese league, obviously the challenge to try to retain the Champions League is there but i would like a new challenge.

The problem is i dont like resigning from clubs, so im not going to resign and wait for jobs and i dont want to apply for a job whie manager at Porto, but i just dont understand why after winning what i have done especially in europe, my reputation is now world class, no clubs have even been interested in me.

The summer just gone Juventus sacked their manager and appointed Luigi De Canio when surely they would be interested in a young manager with the list of trophies like myself, Milan sacked their manager, as did Liverpool,Tottenham and Valencia. I would have probably gone to any of these teams but my name wasnt even mentioned with any of these jobs.

I just wanted to know peoples experience with this, does it remain like this and will i have to eventually resign and apply for another job or will teams soon come calling for the next Jose Mourinho :).

Thankyou for your replys

It's about loyalty I reckon, the game believes that you have no interest in managing another club because in your entire career (however short) you've been at Porto and not applied for any other managerial positions. Even just applying for another job increases your chances of being often more jobs.

The main driver behind a lack of job offers tends to be the compensation required to get you out of your current contract, clubs do not seem to be prepared to pay for a manager in the later versions of FM.

In my game I am constantly linked with jobs but hardly ever get approached by clubs, this might be a result of me no longer expressing an interest in vacancies as my board will invariably not react in a realistic manner when faced with losing a popular & successful manner.

The main driver behind a lack of job offers tends to be the compensation required to get you out of your current contract, clubs do not seem to be prepared to pay for a manager in the later versions of FM.

In my game I am constantly linked with jobs but hardly ever get approached by clubs, this might be a result of me no longer expressing an interest in vacancies as my board will invariably not react in a realistic manner when faced with losing a popular & successful manner.

This - I've got a game where I want to leave the club I'm at, but whenever I apply for jobs at rubbish clubs I'm told the club would love to have me but they couldn't afford the compensation. I've done tests where I quit and get the job, or stay and don't get hired

It's not just smaller clubs, Inter Milan, who are not short of a bob or two, would not approach me while I was employed but they immediately offered me a job when a resigned in a roll-back test run.

Ye thats what i was starting to think, but obviously i dont particularly want to resign from Porto nor do i want to apply for another job while managing Porto, im not even on a big contract, and the crazy thing is last year when i had only 3 months left on my contarct Liverpool appointed Mick McCarthy who had i think 3 years left and i couldnt help feeling the realism had gone as in real life if there was a manager who had won virtually everything with a smaller club the bigger club would never hav appointed Mick McCarthy without approaching the younger successful manager first (Andre Villas Boas) for example.

Maybe i will have to make a decision shortly then with this Porto team as i am starting to crave a different challenge far sooner than i expected after winning everything i could.

Archived