Domestic Bias - any chance of a fresh look at this?

First of all thanks for the game - great fun and far too addictive! A point on Domestic Bias if I may. I'm playing in the EPL so I guess I'm ranked on how many English players I have in my first team squad. My current ranking is a miserable 4 and as it's red, I assume that's bad. Another assumption I'm making is that the ranking is based only on the proportion of English players compared to squad size.

Currently, I have 9 English players in the first team and 14 in the Reserves. And I have just had 4 vets recently retired.

These guys though have accumulated a grand total of 539 caps for England, with I don't know how many call ups.

Most England matches now feature 5-8 of my team - don't you think a rating of only 4 is a little miserly for this level of contribution from my club to the national cause?

Apologies if this has been raised before - just too many threads to wade through.

From my impression, the domestic bias is not based not on the players currently on your squad. It only considers new signings. Have a look on the proportion of English players you buy in relation to foreigners and compare with your rating :)

• SI Staff

At present its down to signings - I do take your point though and it is something I'll consider looking at in the future.

(ie. its not a bug, but I can see it might confuse people and as such it might be an idea to consider changing this in the future)

Thanks guys - I realize it's not a bug, didn't intend to imply that, just a suggestion for the future if Domestic bias currently only reflects player signings. It's very subjective of course - but I've brought all but one of my English players up through the reserves as teenagers, organised loans for them to get match experience, brought them home again if they had any significant injury so that they could recuperate in my 'Superb' facilities, re-trained some in other positions (one is now a regular England full back thanks to that) - by the start of next season we'll be close to 600 England caps collectively. Of course this reflects in my Youth policy ranking but it would also reflect there if all these youngsters had been French/German/Brazilian etc - it would be rather nice if this contribution to the home national team showed up in the Manager's Domestic rating. Mind you, I'm now in 2029 and England still haven't won anything .... destined to live forever in 1966?:)

Just sign a bunch of English guys on a free and stick them in your reserves. That'll boost it.

I don't think he is interested in boosting it in this manner, but instead he is proposing a re-evaluation of how this attribute is calculated. And when I see suggestions like yours, it makes me think that the attribute calculation should be improved somehow in order to avoid this type of gameplay. The manager characteristics should accurately reflect your style of play, and not be easy to be fooled with cheap tricks.

I don't think he is interested in boosting it in this manner, but instead he is proposing a re-evaluation of how this attribute is calculated. And when I see suggestions like yours, it makes me think that the attribute calculation should be improved somehow in order to avoid this type of gameplay. The manager characteristics should accurately reflect your style of play, and not be easy to be fooled with cheap tricks.

Cheap tricks....thanks for the slam :)

The point is that wouldn't work even if I was just after boosting my rating. I'm in the close season - signed just 1 player (English) sold off 3 senior players (non-English) and promoted my 3 best youngsters (English). My rating remains at 4. Actually, I'm just adding an extra bit of interest to the last years of a career to see if I can continue the same success but with an all English squad (if I can get that far).

But Rafa's right - the point is that these ratings are simply KPIs and as such should reflect the real performance. With almost 50% of my total squad (1st team + reserves) English, with 8 or 9 players and rising getting regular England call ups, with close to 600 English caps and with a cupboard full of club trophies won with a significant contingent of Englishmen - I think the Domestic Bias rating as it is just now doesn't really reflect the achievement:)

The point is that wouldn't work even if I was just after boosting my rating. I'm in the close season - signed just 1 player (English) sold off 3 senior players (non-English) and promoted my 3 best youngsters (English). My rating remains at 4. Actually, I'm just adding an extra bit of interest to the last years of a career to see if I can continue the same success but with an all English squad (if I can get that far).

if your domestic bias is at 4 signing one guy isn't going to do much.

Archived