+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FMH 2012 (iOS) Update 3 - Out Now

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Default FMH 2012 (iOS) Update 3 - Out Now

Hi,

This has now been let into the wild - it'll take a while to propogate around the place so please be patient it'll be with you this evening at some point.

#3.3 - Update 3
    Fix Scottish loan rules
    Show player names on 2d retina pitch more often
    Rotating incremental save game
    Drag and Drop tactics in match
    Stop Man Utd players getting excited and asking for new contracts after winning Charity Shield
    Tweaking of match simulation
    Text Improvements
    January Transfer Database integrated into the game (you get to select to use that or start of season when you begin a game)

Hope this helps,

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 26-03-2012 at 21:19.

Amateur

We love you Marc & Team.

Hoping to get this as soon as possible, but looking forward to it whenever it drops.

Amateur

oh yes ! new career here we go !
    Thanks marc

Amateur

Just finished downloading! Going to start a brand new Chelsea save, think Drogba's going to be first out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve10s View Post
    Just finished downloading! Going to start a brand new Chelsea save, think Drogba's going to be first out the door.
    Drogba - surely not? ..... cmon that man is a monster ...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    Drogba - surely not? ..... cmon that man is a monster ...
    He is but I want to revitalise the team and as a Chelsea fan as much as I love the guy he hasn't been up to par this season.

Amateur

starting arsenal save ...willian in me thinks and chamakh out ?.. not sure

btw chaps if you like the game please review/rate it as the Store gives each update a 'blank slate' when its released ...

Amateur

Will definitely review again! This is pretty much the only game I use on the IPad. Does the update utilize the new retina display? If not, will a future update take advantage of the feature? Thanks!

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

We haven't yet done a QXGA skin for iPad, as discussed in the thread linked below it'll be an awful lot of work. The game runs nicely on the new iPad though.

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7689254

Amateur

Thanks! Yeah, it's not like it is necessary for the game. It still looks good and runs great. That's all that matters! Thanks again, love this board, and the fact that you guys care so much about fan input.

Amateur

Rafa at Chelsea! He's still a red though!!! Who's England's gaffer?

Amateur

cant wait lol

new forest save for me

Amateur

Rotating incremental save game

What does this mean exactly?

Sports Interactive Lucas Weatherby's Avatar

It means that when the game auto saves, it uses the two auto save slots and rotates between them when saving (so you have 2 rolling auto saves so to speak)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Weatherby View Post
    It means that when the game auto saves, it uses the two auto save slots and rotates between them when saving (so you have 2 rolling auto saves so to speak)
    Just to expand on this, the reason this has been included is to offer protection against people losing their save games entirely if, say, the phone powers off while in the middle of saving. There should now always be a backup from a week before.

Amateur

How up to date is the transfers?

Sports Interactive Lucas Weatherby's Avatar

Anything finalised at the end of the transfer window should be in - I'm unaware personally of a particular date for any "cut-off" point.

Loans shorter than 93 days or so (again, I'm not 100% sure on this) aren't included as a general rule.

Hope that helps - if you feel anything is amiss, the Data Issues forum is the place to air any errors

Lurker

Default unable to use subs after latest update

updated this morning went to play whilst sat at school waiting for kids and noticed i'm unable to sub players during the match .... not sure if it's a bug ... started a fresh career to check and exactly the same unable to swap out players once game has started

Quote Originally Posted by debriz69 View Post
    updated this morning went to play whilst sat at school waiting for kids and noticed i'm unable to sub players during the match .... not sure if it's a bug ... started a fresh career to check and exactly the same unable to swap out players once game has started
    Hi, can you let me know what type of device you are using (iPhone/Pad/Pod etc) and the actions you are taking to try and sub the players during the match? Thanks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari View Post
    Hi, can you let me know what type of device you are using (iPhone/Pad/Pod etc) and the actions you are taking to try and sub the players during the match? Thanks.
    Before update i could click on player on field then click on one from subs and they swapped straight away. Now i have to 'drag' player over to my bench to make change. Not a big inconvenience but still worked fine before (Iphone 3GS). Anyway big thanks for update. great work.

Quote Originally Posted by a5gi View Post
    Before update i could click on player on field then click on one from subs and they swapped straight away. Now i have to 'drag' player over to my bench to make change. Not a big inconvenience but still worked fine before (Iphone 3GS). Anyway big thanks for update. great work.
    This is related to the new ability to move players into custom formations during the match, we'll look into seeing if we can re-include the ability to swap by tapping at some point in the future but it may be tricky.

Amateur

This is related to the new ability to move players into custom formations during the match, we'll look into seeing if we can re-include the ability to swap by tapping at some point in the future but it may be tricky.
    That's very little price to pay for mentioned ability to move players around mid game

5 star ratting on app store dropped. Keep up great work!

Amateur

Tweaking of match simulation?... What does this mean exactly? ... and will this affect saved games?

Amateur

Really like the new look on the match engine guys looks great on the iPhone 4s

Quote Originally Posted by JPChenet View Post
    Tweaking of match simulation?... What does this mean exactly? ... and will this affect saved games?
    Its just further tweaking of the match really - main thing was slightly exaggerating specific peak skills for truly world class players as I didn't feel they stood out quite enough in the previous release (there are also some other tweaks, but thats probably the most noticable for people).

With continuing save games - the tweaks aren't huge so you probably won't notice anything radical apart from if you're a very big club with talented players some of those players might be slightly more effective than before or if you're a smaller club it might be a little harder to achieve cup upsets against the big boys now ...

Amateur

What is drag and drop tactics in match?

Amateur

In which Forum are you posting? That is your answer!

Quote Originally Posted by kowak View Post
    What is drag and drop tactics in match?
    In-match tactics/formation editing by dragging players on the pitch...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dixie29 View Post
    Really like the new look on the match engine guys looks great on the iPhone 4s
    What did change about the look in the match engine? I seem to have missed it.

Semi Pro

If you're running the HD version the players are smaller.
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

Amateur

One question, if this is the January transfer update why isn't Andy Haworth on Loan to Bradford from Bury?

Quote Originally Posted by Bantam Searley95 View Post
    One question, if this is the January transfer update why isn't Andy Haworth on Loan to Bradford from Bury?
    Only season long loans are traditionally placed in the FMH database because of the limitations we have on memory space for loans, I believe he joined in January on a one month loan (possibly now extended somewhat not sure tbh - I presume so by the fact you're indicating he's still there?).

Amateur

New iPad arrives on Saturday. Boy am I looking forward to FM now!

Amateur

Quetion about the update. Going into the transfer market i identfy, scout and then enquire to how much they want for a certain player. If for example, they want 100k for their player and i place a bid of 100k majority of time someone else will come in and out bid me, say 150k. No problems with that. The issue comes when i then match their bid of 150k straight away but the player seems to have already decided to join the other team.

On the old version i was able to keep bidding until it was either accepted or i gave up and then he decided to join the other club.

as this new method been part of the update?

Amateur

Only season long loans are traditionally placed in the FMH database because of the limitations we have on memory space for loans, I believe he joined in January on a one month loan (possibly now extended somewhat not sure tbh - I presume so by the fact you're indicating he's still there?).
    Yes it was extended at beginning of February to end of season.

Yes it was extended at beginning of February to end of season.
    We don't include loans of 93 days or fewer in the game at all (same goes for the PC game).
    From what I understand, the original one-month loan combined with the extension make this a 93-day loan in total?

Quote Originally Posted by 8ball View Post
    Quetion about the update. Going into the transfer market i identfy, scout and then enquire to how much they want for a certain player. If for example, they want 100k for their player and i place a bid of 100k majority of time someone else will come in and out bid me, say 150k. No problems with that. The issue comes when i then match their bid of 150k straight away but the player seems to have already decided to join the other team.

On the old version i was able to keep bidding until it was either accepted or i gave up and then he decided to join the other club.

as this new method been part of the update?
    I don't think I changed this side of things (will check later) - its always been the case that if a player decides he prefers the other team enough then he'll just sign with them over you .... this is to prevent people from 'stalling' a rival club signing a player by simply offering an amount continually which they know won't be accepted.

Amateur

We don't include loans of 93 days or fewer in the game at all (same goes for the PC game).
    From what I understand, the original one-month loan combined with the extension make this a 93-day loan in total?
    So why is Will Atkinson at Bradford then? Get rid of him cos he's utter garbage and put Haworth in his pace instead ;)

So why is Will Atkinson at Bradford then? Get rid of him cos he's utter garbage and put Haworth in his pace instead ;)
    I can't find confirmation of this, but I suspect Will Atkinson's loan is officially >93 days and that's why the researcher will have included it.

Amateur

I can't find confirmation of this, but I suspect Will Atkinson's loan is officially >93 days and that's why the researcher will have included it.
    This researcher needs sacking if he is solely working on Bradford City
    Last edited by Bantam Searley95; 31-03-2012 at 17:00.

Amateur

If we do get an update at any point.........

Gregg Wylde -- Rangers to Bolton
    Mervan Celik -- Released by Rangers
    Matt McKay -- Rangers to a Chinese team

Also I think John Fleck should be moved back to the Scottish Database as although he is on loan at Blackpool he will surely be a big player for Rangers in the future when other players are sold in the summer. He is not currently availble when you load up scottish only game.

Jim Jeffries -- Now Dunfermline Atheletic manager

Also - Graham Souness gets the first SPL job every time. Needs to move back to the English database as far too unrealistic.

I reliase this is unlikely as no update is planned but just wanted to mention it just incase we do get one.

I would also like to say I think FMHi is fantastic. I played the PSP Version since it first came out and could never see myself switching but I am so pleased I did, the game is 10 time better on my iPhone 4S

I cant believe it is only £6.99. very very underpriced, I was happy to pay £35.99 and then £23.99 for the PSP version and its no comparison to the iPhone version!
    Last edited by AndrewDriverNo1; 31-03-2012 at 14:16.

If we do get an update at any point.........
    I'll be up front with you - its entirely likely we'll do one more update for the game at some point in the future (not guarenteed, but I like to do a 'mop-up' one most years) HOWEVER thats unlikely to contain any further database updates because adding one in would make the download a fair bit bigger which I'd prefer to avoid (because some people have slow internet connections, but also because some people might not have another 100-150Mb of space left on their device).

I'll have a look at Souness - to help me with this what leagues do you have active in your game when you see this?

PS - I'm glad you're enjoying the game

Amateur

Scotland only.....

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewDriverNo1 View Post
    Scotland only.....
    Ok thats probably the cause then - without an active English league only the largest English clubs will actively sign managers, as he's not high enough reputation to get one of those positions he'll probably look to Scottish clubs which would be interested in him.

I agree though its unlikely irl and I'll look at tuning this side of things somewhat.

Amateur

Didn't happen before the update......

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewDriverNo1 View Post
    Didn't happen before the update......
    Will be to do with something in the database alterations then, either the clubs have risen in reputation or he's dropped most likely ... as I indicated, I'll take a look.

Amateur

Logged in just to say thanks, also going to drop by the app store and rate you guys 5. Alari and Marc's dedication this forum is really impressing me.

I also thought it was funny that Man Utd would celebrate the Charity Shield and demand wage increases haha. I would never ever manage them so I didn't know about that glitch.

Excited for the download to finish!

Quote Originally Posted by hyrussk71 View Post
    Logged in just to say thanks, also going to drop by the app store and rate you guys 5. Alari and Marc's dedication this forum is really impressing me.
    Thanks for the kind words (and app store rating), much appreciated

Amateur

OK.

Cheeky question here, Marc. ;)

Looking to buy from the App Store, but would kick myself if a price drop should happen shortly after purchase.

What do you think? Take the plunge now, or hang on a wee bit longer?

Amateur

I forgot to say thank you for getting both way drag and drop options back on the team selection screen!

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by dungbeetle View Post
    Looking to buy from the App Store, but would kick myself if a price drop should happen shortly after purchase.
    What do you think? Take the plunge now, or hang on a wee bit longer?
    I'm afraid I'm not a PR/biz person - the first I know about price drops is often when I spot them in store, they tend to get done at short-notice with next to no advance PR .... to my knowledge there isn't one coming up, but as I said my knowledge in this area isn't perfect.

(frankly a lot depends on your budget really - most drops seem to be either 2 or 4 quid, if thats a lot of money to you then wait by all means, if you blow that on a pint/packet of cigarettes/magic the gathering cards* regularly then pick up the game?)

*Yes I've started playing again with my eldest son recently - just about holding my own, but bleeding heck its changed a lot since I played at uni

Amateur

I'm afraid I'm not a PR/biz person - the first I know about price drops is often when I spot them in store, they tend to get done at short-notice with next to no advance PR .... to my knowledge there isn't one coming up, but as I said my knowledge in this area isn't perfect.

(frankly a lot depends on your budget really - most drops seem to be either 2 or 4 quid, if thats a lot of money to you then wait by all means, if you blow that on a pint/packet of cigarettes/magic the gathering cards* regularly then pick up the game?)

*Yes I've started playing again with my eldest son recently - just about holding my own, but bleeding heck its changed a lot since I played at uni
    Thanks for the reply, Marc.

Not into ciggies or MTG, but you got me middle wicket with the beer!

OK, App Store, here I come!

Lurker

where is Andrea Poli when i chose Inter milan?

Amateur

What happened to Ocampos?

Quote Originally Posted by Sol19 View Post
    What happened to Ocampos?
    We tried to get Ocampos in, but unfortunately for technical reasons it wasn't possible at this time. Hopefully in the future!

+ Reply to Thread