My team is getting more and more complacent... pls help!

Well, as the topic says, I am currently going towards the end of the 1st season (Hoffenheim in Bundesliga) and currently sitting 2 points behind the leaders FC Köln.

I finished the first half of the season on top, really banged every opposition out of the field and now I am struggling to find goals and conceding from the most craziest positions...

Also my "Assistant Manager" is always warning me, that a lot of players are too cocky and complacent and so on... and I can see it during a game, when I am only leading by one goal, 2-3 players getting complacent.

I usually let my assistant do the team talks, but this time, I felt, that I had to warn my team against complacency, after almost giving away a 3-0 home lead over the 17th place and now 3 players are unhappy because of my team talks...

That was the first time, when I warned my team against complacency and 3 players becoming immediately unhapy and unsettled...

What can I do now?

I feel its getting worse and worse and I dont want to risk a "Team Meeting", since I only made bad experiences with it, especially after the scnd big update...

One thing for sure, in my experience anyway, is don't ever tell them 'don't get complacent' at half time because whether it upsets them or not they always go back out and play like morons. I think it's a bit like many things in the game you have to take pot luck at guessing because it doesn't really work how it should. In the game we are told not to be to critical of our team if playing away but if I'm playing badly or they look complacent I always use aggressive talks and it sometimes works... I'm starting to think the game has already decided when you'll win and when you'll lose before you've even kicked off and I'm not sure saying anything to the players makes that much difference.

your lads lack professionalism!

if you're wanting to build a perennial contender, you'll want to weed out the bad apples (or tutor if they're young). Replace with high determination, high professionalism and high ambition. Don't fear your players... they're just telling you that they think they're bigger than the club.

if a player is upset over a little hairdryer treatment, he'll surely be poor in training and poor over the course of a career.

Has your Assman got high Man Management and Motivational scores and average Discipline (I have second guessed that if you're too disciplined, it would be counter productive - please correct me if I am wrong)? I always use my Assman as long has these specific attributes are reasonable.

I would urge you to never do a team meeting before you save first. That way you can reload if you inadvertently say something that lowered moral.

It seems you can upset anyone, even when you're praising them.

I have had this problem as well. I manage PSG and we were top of league at winter break in a very commanding position, we are still top late march but the dominance is gone...well was gone up until 2 weeks ago when i did something quite simple.

Went back to basics. I realised over the 6-7 months from pre season to now i had made "tweaks" to my tactic, and while it seemed to be working this was what was making things go a bit pear shaped. When I created my tactics in the pre season I made 3 back ups, one of each tactic and put them in a folder as a clean formation. Just went back to these 3 clean formations and suddenly we can play again.

So have you "tweaked" any of your formation as time went along?

Archived