Πυργος Πυργιου - Greek Youth Development from the tiny island of Chios

Adriano Rossi

[video=youtube;hMnzMvAjWQk]

I am playing as Πυργος Πυργιου "Pyrgos Pyrgiou" in the Greek Amateur Division - Chios Region (Tier 5) I haven't really been able to find any information about them on the internet other than a couple of pictures of the "stadium"

Chios island is approximately crescent or kidney shaped, 50 kilometres (31 mi) long from north to south, 29 kilometres (18 mi) at its widest, and covers an area of 842 square kilometres (325 sq mi). The terrain is principally mountainous and arid, with a ridge of mountains running through the spine of the island.

The south of the island is noted for the Mastichochoria (Μαστιχοχώρια, literally: Mastic Villages), the seven villages of Mesta (Μεστά), Pyrgi (Πυργί), Olυmpi (Ολύμποι), Kalamoti (Καλαμωτń), Vessa (Βέσσα), Lithi (Λιθί) and Elata (Ελάτα), which together have controlled the production of mastic gum in the area since the Roman period. The villages, built between the 14th and 16th centuries, have a carefully designed layout with fortified gates and narrow streets to protect against the frequent raids by marauding pirates.

66770433.jpg

65033172.jpg

pyrgs3.jpg

Club Information

Club Name: AO Pyrgos Pyrgiou

Nation: Greece

Year Founded: 1968

Chairman Status: Happy to stay

Legends: None

Icons: None

Favoured Personnel: None

Fierce Rivals: Elata

Other Rivals: None

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: £3.00

Average Season Ticket Price: £27.00

Season Ticket Holders: 12

Estimated Value: £1,000

Media Prediction: 13th

Squad Personality: Fairly Ambitious

Club Facilities

Stadium: Isidorideio

Stadium Rent: £160 per year

Capacity: 100 all-seater

Stadium Condition: Poor

Under Soil Heating: No

Roof: No

Surface: Synthetic (New Type - Soft)

Pitch Condition: Poor

Corporate Facilities: None

Training Facilities: Basic

Youth Facilities: Minimal

Junior Coaching: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Limited

Leagues loaded: Greece - Amateur Division (Tier 5)

Database Size: Large

Rules: I can't sign any players

I must rely on whoever comes through the Youth System

I CAN sign new staff members.

Meet the manager:

Thannos Levendakis

Pre-Season Update

Boardroom Overview - Finances - Competition Expectations

Fixtures:

NZCGR.png?1

We only lost our first game where we used a 4-4-2 tactic, I changed that to a 4-5-1 for the next 2 games where we drew both 3-3 and decided to take out the DM and add a sweeper for the rest of the games as a 5-4-1.

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players:

Charis Tsatiris (ST)

Dimitris Liadis (GK)

Antonis Chandris (DL/R)

These youth challenges are popular these days, good luck
Love the youth challenges on FM. Good luck :thup:.
Good luck with Pyrgos Pyrgiou :thup:

Thanks all! also B.W.G I hope you don't mind me using your layout for the updates.

October 2011

zvdrU.png?1

A1DYv.png?1

A good first month for us, we were first after 2 games but we're pretty much matching expectations early on.

Good luck in the challenge.

Sorry if this is a daft question, but what is the number on the fixtures screenshot after "GAD - Chios"?

I'm guessing the first bit is the name of the league, but I can't work out what that number related to?

Good luck in the challenge.

Sorry if this is a daft question, but what is the number on the fixtures screenshot after "GAD - Chios"?

I'm guessing the first bit is the name of the league, but I can't work out what that number related to?

Thats the attendance :thup:

Good luck my friend with your challenge.

Thanks Arkas.

Πυργος Πυργιου - Greek Amateur Division - Chios

Competitions:

GAD - Chios League Table - League Fixtures

A decent first season finishing 13 points ahead of relegation and I'll be trying to gain on that for next season. At the start of the season we couldn't bring any consistency until around February time where we started to pick up again.

Squad

We have a weak-ish squad but they do the job, a couple of players from this years intake are starting to make an impact already and hopefully they have some developing room.

Key Players:

Charis Tsatiris (ST / AM(L))

Charis was one of the youngest of the starting squad, he played all season and managed to get 8 goals, just under a quarter of goals we scored all season.

Alexandros Charalabis (AM C/ AM L)

The 2nd most valuable player at the club and he got the most assists in the team with 9, he's still got a bit of growth left with 4* CA & 5* PA.

Season        Division                        Position      Cup         Continental    Avg.Att         Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Greek Amateur Division - Chios       8th          N/A           N/A           24           Survived

I like how you put 'survived' in the notes :p I think going by the youth intake your squad might not be the strongest, but the youths will only improve and hopefully over the next few seasons with some good player development you can start to push for promotion.

Good luck!

Do you have a ground or just a park?

It's a ground I'd say, the pictures are in the OP :thup:

I knew you could do it :D Now keep those victories coming!

Thanks TM, the Youth Candidates are coming up now, we NEED either a Goalkeeper or a decent defender to come through as our GD is awful!

Archived