+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mack4life's Chairman Game

Amateur

Finally got a win after a bit of a poor run. time to secure this mid table position and then push on next year also gotta cheer on UkFootball, getting spurs up there lol

Part-Timer

Week 29

Euro Cup 2nd Knockout Round Leg 2:

Man City
    Tottenham

Another good performance from Man City and a much better one from Spurs sees them both through to the Quarter Finals and they are still managing to avoid one another with Spurs facing off against Lille and Man City against Hannover.

FA Cup 6th Round:

Results

Premiership:

Wednesday
    Saturday
    Sunday

Game of the Week
    Having won their previous two games, climbing out of the relegation zone in the process, Villa had a great chance to pick up another win against a Newcastle team that has been sinking down the table for the last few months, and win they did. They were in control for pretty much the entire game and even though they did back off in the final 10 minutes they had already built up enough of a lead to ensure they walked away with the win.

League Table

Amateur

Macklife I seem to be missing two games? 1 from week 27 and the other from this one 29..

Amateur

EDIT I believe it is just 1 from week 27!

Part-Timer

What do you mean? You played in week 27, on the Saturday against Liverpool.

Amateur

There isnt a screenie of the result?

Amateur

Yeah mack, you said me to be quiet !

Gerrard scores the winner in the derby !!!!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by EoinMcG View Post
    There isnt a screenie of the result?
    Oops, I was looking at the wrong week. I'll post up a screenie of your match that week when I get home from work tomorrow.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mack4life View Post
    Oops, I was looking at the wrong week. I'll post up a screenie of your match that week when I get home from work tomorrow.
    That's fine mate! no rush

Part-Timer

Week 30

Premiership:

Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday

Game of the Week
    First is a game that Man City had to win in order to stand any chance of winning the title and the obstacle in their way is Liverpool, a side who have spent pretty much the whole season moving between 4th and 6th, but recently have been creeping up on the top 3. Today however they showed that they can really play with the best of them and absolutely trampled Man City, with Adebayor taking his tally to 7 goals in 9 games for Liverpool. This sees Liverpool move up to second while Man City drop down to fourth, surely their title challenge is now over.

League Table

Semi Pro

Come on the Villa out of the relegation zone and unbeaten for a couple of games and knocking man city out of the FA Cup boom!!!

Semi Pro

Lovely stuff. Tight defeat to Chelsea and nice home win over Sunderland.

Hit the big 40 in points so time to look upwards. 6th place- 6 points away - why not!

Come on Stoke.

My thoughts on title and relegation:

Champions: Liverpool
    Relegated: Wigan, Blackburn and Norwich.

Part-Timer

Kris, I think you're going to be wrong about Liverpool. I reckon it will be:

Champions - Tottenham
    Relegated - Blackburn, Bolton, Aston Villa
    Last edited by mack4life; 22-04-2012 at 20:01.

Oh great, we don't even take advantage of Spurs drawing, and now we are third. Hopefully we can catch up and atleast keep a Top 3 spot for direct CL place next season.

Semi Pro

Kris, I think you're going to be wrong about Liverpool. I reckon it will be:

Champions - Tottenham
    Relegated - Blackburn, Bolton, Aston Villa
    Spurs will bottle it, last day and Liverpool will snatch it. Plus Spurs have the distraction of Europe!

Oh and
    Title: Man U(Hopefully)
    Relegated: Aston Villa, Blackburn, Bolton

Semi Pro

No one likes the Villa Huh!!

Amateur

Come on!! This season on ere is better than real life haha who's with me lol

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by UkFootballScore View Post
    Come on!! This season on ere is better than real life haha who's with me lol
    I'm with you! lol

As for the title race, my heart says Liverpool, my brain says Spurs, but in truth, i'd be happy as long as Man U don't win! lol

Relegation: Norwich, Bolton, Blackburn

I'm hoping Wigan don't go down, we seem to score every game but the defence just leeks goals (I'll be on lookout for defenders in the summer )

Amateur

9 point behind last slot to champion league..

Amateur

why u are not posting chelsea 1st round knocked out leg 2 result?

Amateur

Adebayor is fantastic ! Scoring against his former club.

About the predictions I think Spurs will win if they don't dip in their form. If they do dip the title will be ours or one of the Manchester clubs.

Blackburn is surely relegated, Wigan, Norwich, Bolton and Aston Villa. If I have to pick 2 I would pick Wigan and Norwich to relegate.

Part-Timer

Sorry, Chelsea have been playing their champions league games a week later than the other two sides and I obviously forgot about it for their 2nd leg. Will post it when I get back from work later.

Amateur

Fantastic result against Real Madrid, Chelsea and Fulham. Then we give it away with us losing at Sunderland and drawing against West Brom. Our home form needs improving. Too many draws in my opinion.

But into the next round of the FA Cup. Please can we win something this season lol

Part-Timer

Rennomillo, here is Chelsea's result from the 2nd leg.

Result

Part-Timer

Week 31

Champions League Quarter Final Leg 1:

Man Utd
    Arsenal

Euro Cup Quarter Final Leg 1:

Tottenham
    Man City

Premiership:

Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday

Game of the Week 1 - Game of the Week 2
    First game I've chosen is the Manchester Derby. Man City won 2-1 at Old Trafford earlier in the season but with both sides now in with a real chance of winning the title I expected a close game, but it ended up being anything but. Man City didn't have much of the ball but they made great use of it when they did get it and United just had no answer to the attacking force that Man City possess.
    Then I have picked Aston Villa against Wigan. Villa have found some great form recently, winning 3 of their last four games and knocking Man City out of the FA cup a couple of weeks ago. Wigan on the other hand have only picked up 2 points in the league since the end of January and look like they will definitely be going down unless they do something dramatic between now and the end of the season, so you would expect Aston Villa to be able to pick up the 3 points today. As it turned out, they didn't disappoint, however I wasn't expecting them to win as convincingly as they did. This result sees Villa move up to 14th, 6 points clear of the relegation zone, and rapidly moving towards safety.

League Table
    Last edited by mack4life; 23-04-2012 at 21:36.

Semi Pro

Solid point at Albion for us, would be happy to finsih the season now for a 10th place finish.

Amateur

Crap...bottom of the league, 4 points away from safety and not looking like getting any points soon, these are dark days for Wigan Athletic

Amateur

Finishing the season so strong! I love it. Sparky's not going to be sacked at this rate

Semi Pro

Get In There. All you have to do is BELIEVE . oh and Gooners we are coming for you

Amateur

Seven clear now with 7 to go! Getting close now just gotta keep winning!! Would gladly go out of europa right now!

Part-Timer

Week 32

Champions League Quarter Final Leg 1:

Man Utd
    Arsenal

The semi-final draw sees Man Utd drawn against A.C. Milan and Arsenal facing off against Barcelona.

Euro Cup Quarter Final Leg 1:

Tottenham
    Man City

The semi-final draw has Tottenham & Man City playing against each other with the other game being Lazio against Olympique de Marseille.

Premiership:

Saturday
    Monday

First game is Aston Villa again, this time at home against Q.P.R, and the reason I have chosen this game is simple. I think it is fantastic that after playing so poorly for the first 26 games of the season that they have turned things around so well. This game against Q.P.R was another outstanding performance, creating chances at will and without giving Q.P.R any real chances. They held the ball well, kept their defence solid but showed some real attacking ability too. If only they had played like this all the way through the season they could well be pushing for a European place about now.
    Next up is another game involving Q.P.R, but this time they are visiting Wigan. Q.P.R are pretty much safe, however Wigan are in real trouble. On a dreadful run of form, down at the bottom of the table, and in dire need of some points, and today they absolutely deserved to take home the three points. Yes they gave Q.P.R quite a few good chances, but they also created plenty and while their finishing was a bit wayward, when they did manage to get shots on target they made the most of them. A few more wins like this and they could well be safe in 5 weeks time.

League Table

Semi Pro

Get in another win. I knew i made the right decision in sacking Alex Mcleish

Semi Pro

Another draw for us in a game i expected three points. Nice to see Carroll on target again!

Amateur

Yesss!! 4-0 ! There is still hope!! Could go down to goal difference, it's very tight down at the bottom.

Part-Timer

Important Run-Ins

Title Race

Tottenham
    Q.P.R. (Away)
    Everton (Away)
    Man City (Home)
    Aston Villa (Home)
    Chelsea (Away)
    Sunderland (Home)
    *14 Points*

Man Utd
    Sunderland (Away)
    Bolton (Away)
    Arsenal (Home)
    Stoke (Away)
    Blackburn (Home)
    *13 Points*

Man City
    Newcastle (Home)
    Wigan (Home)
    Tottenham (Away)
    Fulham (Away)
    Aston Villa (Home)
    Q.P.R (Away)
    *14 Points*

Liverpool
    West Brom (Away)
    Arsenal (Away)
    Stoke (Home)
    Blackburn (Away)
    Swansea (Home)
    *10 Points*

Relegation Battle

Blackburn
    Bolton (Away)
    Stoke (Away)
    Swansea (Away)
    Liverpool (Home)
    Man Utd (Away)
    *0 Points*

Wigan
    Norwich (Away)
    Man City (Away)
    Chelsea (Home)
    Sunderland (Away)
    West Brom (Home)
    *4 Points*

Bolton
    Blackburn (Home)
    Man Utd (Home)
    Fulham (Away)
    Newcastle (Home)
    Wolves (Away)
    *4 Points*

Norwich
    Wigan (Home)
    Aston Villa (Home)
    Q.P.R (Away)
    Swansea (Home)
    Everton (Home)
    *3 Points*

Swansea
    Q.P.R (Away)
    Aston Villa (Away)
    Blackburn (Home)
    Norwich (Away)
    Liverpool (Away)
    *5 Points*

West Brom
    Liverpool (Home)
    Fulham (Home)
    Newcastle (Away)
    Wolves (Home)
    Wigan (Away)
    *4 Points*

*The points total given after each team is how many points I think they will pick up in their last few games.*

My Predicted League Table

1st - Tottenham - 81 points
    2nd - Man Utd - 77 points
    3rd - Man City - 76 points
    4th - Liverpool - 72 points

15th - West Brom - 41 points
    16th - Swansea - 41 points
    17th - Norwich - 35 points
    18th - Bolton - 35 points
    19th - Wigan - 34 points
    20th - Blackburn - 28 points
    *Bolton relegated on goal difference*

So, according to my best guesses at what the results will be from these games I actually get the top and bottom of the table looking exactly the same as they do right now! That wasn't planned, it just turned out that way when I added it all up.
    Last edited by mack4life; 24-04-2012 at 12:02.

Just 3 points away, hopefully Spurs slip up a little.

Semi Pro

Still think Norwich for the drop! Been edging closer to the bottom for a while now.

Good luck all you guys involved in an interesting run in.

Amateur

Liverpool
    West Brom (Away)
    Arsenal (Away)
    Stoke (Home)
    Blackburn (Away)
    Swansea (Home)
    *10 Points*

Pretty win able games, I think we will only drop points to Arsenal or Stoke.

Amateur
    The sheer depths of hell watching pineapple games

So mathematically if we win all of our games we could take the league!!! Hmmmm go City

Amateur

I just hope my team somehow holds onto 5th place.

Part-Timer

Week 33

FA Cup Semi Final:

Aston Villa vs Fulham
    Swansea vs Arsenal

Yet more good news for Aston Villa, playing well, scoring goals at will, and giving themselves a good chance of some silverware this season. Swansea however must be wondering how they ended up going out here. They made good use of their posession, completely outclassed the Arsenal defence, but their strikers kept on choking and just couldn't find the finish they needed, but while they will be upset by the result it does allow them to put all their focus into league survival.

Premiership:

Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday

League Table

Semi Pro

Looking bad for Blackburn now. Win our game in hand and shoot upto 9th. Start to get excited for the summer transfers too.

Part-Timer

Week 34

Champions League Semi Final Leg 1:

Man Utd
    Arsenal

Euro Cup Semi Final Leg 1:

Man City vs Tottenham

Premiership:

Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday

League Table

So, down to 3 games left for most teams, and things are looking a bit more settled. Up at the top of the table it looks like Liverpool have dropped out of the race, with two losses from their last 2 games leaving them 7 points behind Tottenham with only 3 games left to go. The title now looks set to be taken by either Tottenham or Man City. They have vastly superior goal difference to anybody else, are 3 & 2 points respectively ahead of 3rd place and both have a game in hand. They are due to play each other next, what a key game that could be.

Down at the bottom of the table it looks like Blackburn are set to be relegated, 4 points away from safety and with Liverpool & Man Utd yet to play, it doesn't look good. Wigan are looking in big trouble too, with Chelsea to play, followed by Sunderland away, I don't think that they will be able to get out of the relegation zone in the next 3 games. The final spot I think is now down to either Bolton, Norwich or Swansea. I do believe that Swansea will be safe though, they should pick up 3 points in their next game against Blackburn and I fancy them to pick up a win over Norwich in the 37th game, although if it comes down to the final day then they will have their work cut out against Liverpool. Personally I would bet on Bolton to end up in 18th place though, their final 3 games against Fulham, Newcastle and Wolves will all be scrappy fixtures but I could easily imagine them not picking up anything in those games, while I think that Norwich could pick up a win against Q.P.R in their next game and will take a point at home against Everton in their final game.

Semi Pro

I knew commenting on Blackburn would come back to haunt me. Poor home defeat to them drops us to 14th, all of a sudden the thoughts this has been a decent season are starting to dwindle.

With Liverpool and Man Utd to play the end of season cant come quick enough.

Amateur

That's just have been a disaster. A 4-0 loss and a 2-0 loss. One to Arsenal and One to WESTBROM. Disappointing.

Amateur

Disappointed with the draw against Wolves but a good point against Tottenham.

Going to be an exciting race for the title.

Amateur

Come on TOTTENHAM!!!!! don't let me down now!!

Amateur

QPR still taking the game to many of the big clubs! 2-2 draw with Tottenham's a brilliant result. From possible relegation to the top half of the table since January! Buzzin'

Amateur

Brilliant, destroyed Arsenal in the FA Cup semi, but lost 2-0, and now only 1 point clear of relegation :L squeaky bum time

Amateur

I'm literally checking my phone every ten mins for updates now haha

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by UkFootballScore View Post
    I'm literally checking my phone every ten mins for updates now haha
    oh dear oh dear, how sad. I at least wait 12 minutes between checks!As soon as I see Mack was the last poster I'm almost screaming at the computer to load faster!

Semi Pro

Arghhh getting a bit to close for my liking oh well have 5 games left

Get in there Final of the FA Cup

Amateur

I'm looking forward to the summer for signings!!!!!!!

Part-Timer

Glad to see you guys are enjoying this.

I might wait a week for the next update now, just for the hell of it!

Amateur

Pitchforks are being sharpened as we speak.. Don't leave us on such a knife edge!

Semi Pro

It ok guys, i know where he lives, we can grab his computer and continue ourselves, saving and re-loading to ensure Sunderland never EVER win!!

Amateur

In the FA Cup final which is fantastic. Looking doubtful against Barcelona but anything could happen. We are looking strong in the premier league aswell with a great run of form. Let's hope we can keep this going

Part-Timer

Week 35

Champions League Semi Final Leg 2:

Man Utd
    Arsenal

Euro Cup Semi Final Leg 2:

Man City vs Tottenham

Lazio won the other semi final so it will be a Man City vs Lazio final.

Premiership:

Wednesday
    Saturday
    Sunday

Game of the Week 1 - Game of the Week 2 - Game of the Week 3

First up is a game that I believed would decide the title. Tottenham against Man City at White Hart Lane. Going into this game Man City were a point ahead and so a win for either side could really change the look of the table. As it turned out Spurs easily had enough to overcome Man City, pushing them aside with relative ease, with Neymar scoring a brace to take his league tally for the season into the twenties.

Second up we have Fulham against Bolton. Fulham have slumped after a fantastic first half of the season but have never been in any real danger, however Bolton are in real trouble right now. Before this game they were level on points with 18th placed Norwich but had a very slim goal difference advantage. This result has changed it up though, Norwich may have lost 3-1 in their match but this thumping sees Bolton drop behind them on goal difference.

Lastly I picked Aston Villa hosting Swansea. Villa were looking pretty safe before this game while Swansea could still do with another win or two under their belt to guarantee safety, but I believe that this game would easily go Villa's way, they have been having a great run recently, are full of confidence, and I believe they have a much better squad, but you can never really predict the result of a football match can you. This was a typically scrappy end of season game, both sides were pretty evenly match and either could have won it in the end, but it swung Swanseas way in the end.

League Table

So, I think that things are looking far more settled now. In my eyes Tottenham have done enough to secure the title, 4 points ahead of Man City and their last 3 games are no more difficult than those faced by Man City. Obviously the top four are now decided too, however there is still a battle for 5th & 6th between Chelsea, Everton and Arsenal. I think Everton will take a place as their final 2 games are against Norwich & Q.P.R, both games that they should easily win and with Arsenal having a game in hand and Chelsea having to play Spurs next I think that Chelsea will be missing out on the top 6 this year.

Down at the bottom I believe that Blackburn & Wigan are both down. Blackburn are playing Liverpool & Man Utd to end the season and so I don't think will move from 32 points, and I can't see Wigan beating Sunderland or getting more than a point from West Brom, so I'm pretty sure those two will end up in 19th & 20th. 18th is now down to 3 teams in my mind. Norwich & Bolton look the most likely candidates, and with Norwich having a slightly easier last 2 games I think that they will be ahead of Bolton. The last team that I think could still be relegated is Aston Villa. They did have a pretty great run, picking up a huge number of points since hte start of February, and they have a game in hand, but when you consider that their final 3 games are away against Man City, away against Tottenham and home against Chelsea, and that they have an FA Cup Final against Arsenal between the City & Spurs games, I could easily see them failing to pick up a single point from their final 3 games, so while it is unlikely that both Bolton & Norwich would take 4 points between now and the end to move above Villa is unlikely, it is always a possibility.

Amateur

Oh for the love of gawd please let Tottenham screw up and let us win our remaining games!!!

Congrats to Spurs, it looks like the title is yours. Hopefully we can keep our 3rd place(as a minimum) and keep a direct CL spot. Psyched about a "revenge" CL final against Barca though, atleast the European campaign has been better than the League one, and we might still get the most important title of the season.

Amateur

This season is defo not over! Only four points a draw to villa and a defeat to Chelsea??? Anything can happen that win over citeh is massive though!! Good luck to them in euro cup final!!

Amateur

Well done to tottenham, looks like theyve got the win. For my Wolves team, 47 points and 10th plac with 2 games left, absolutely delighted with their season, hopefully can secure that top half finish.

Amateur

My Predictions - 1-Tottenham, 2-Man City, 3-Man Utd
    18- Aston Villa, 19-Wigan, 20-Blackburn

Yes I am conceding the title :-(

Amateur

So, I think that things are looking far more settled now. In my eyes Tottenham have done enough to secure the title, 4 points ahead of Man City and their last 3 games are no more difficult than those faced by Man City. Obviously the top four are now decided too, however there is still a battle for 5th & 6th between Chelsea, Everton and Arsenal. I think Everton will take a place as their final 2 games are against Norwich & Q.P.R, both games that they should easily win and with Arsenal having a game in hand and Chelsea having to play Spurs next I think that Chelsea will be missing out on the top 6 this year.
    Depending how the F.A Cup final turns out, it could be a battle for 5th, so could be even more interest. I see Arsenal winning the Cup, so they'll get a European place, but if they finish 5th aswell I believe Aston Villa may get the Europa League place through the cup. Could be wrong though. Saying that Villa could manage to win the cup and then two out of Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea will definitly miss out.

Amateur

i will sack klinsmann if chelsea didnt get european place

Part-Timer

Week 36

FA Cup Final:

Aston Villa vs Arsenal

So two cups and two winners who didn't really do anything special in the league, Sunderland with the League Cup and Aston Villa showing some real class to overcome Arsenal in the FA Cup Final. Great result for a team that have been struggling all season long.

Premiership:

Wednesday
    Saturday
    Sunday

Game of the Week 1 - Game of the Week 2 - Game of the Week 3

Game 1 & 2 come together this time. Last week I said that I thought Spurs had the league won, but once again they were their own worst enemies, this time away to Chelsea they were the best team by far but their finishing let them down and they gave up 3 points when they should have been leaving with a win. Man City on the other hand made no such mistakes, while they did make their game against Aston Villa more difficult than it needed to be thanks to some poor defending they still did enough to take the win and close the gap at the top to only a single point.

My 3rd choice was picked because it essentially seals Blackburns fate unless they beat Man Utd by at least a couple of goals in their final game. They were actually very unlucky here, when Glen Johnson got himself sent off Blackburn really picked up their game and if it wasn't for a great performance by Reina in the Liverpool goal I think they could easily have picked up a win here today.

League Table

I'm going to have to stop trying to predict this season, every time I think something is bound to happen I'm wrong. With the gap at the top down to a single point I'm not even going to say who I think will win now, both sides have a fairly simple final 2 games with Spurs playing Villa and then Sunderland, both at home, while Man City play Villa at home and Q.P.R away. So both teams should walk away with 6 points from their final 2 games so this league will probably end up going to the team that simply makes the least mistakes in the next 10 days.

The relegation places are still up for grabs too. Blackburn look certain to go down, 3 points away from safety with only a visit to Old Trafford remaining, I can't see them getting anything there and that would seal their fate. Wigan host West Brom in their final match and I personally believe that they will get 3 points from that match, which given that Bolton have to travel to Wolves and Norwich at home against Everton, could be enough to leapfrog the pair of them to safety. Everybody else is pretty much safe now, only Villa are in danger and even then it will only be if Norwich & Bolton both win their final game while Villa fail to get anything in their last 2 games.

Amateur

Whom do Chelsea and Arsenal play in their remaining games?

Semi Pro

Fantastic win over United, 3-0! Just when i was starting to lose faith in Tony Pulis too.

Sorry for ending your challenge!!

Amateur

Ahh, just slipped out of the top half! I can definitely still live with that though. Come on Sparky's men, I shall stand by you.

Part-Timer

Can i take over one of the newly promoted or current vacant teams mack?

Amateur

I don't think i can take this!!! if i don't post again it's because i've had a heart attack lol

Part-Timer

The final update of the season will be done this evening once I get home from work.

Also, anybody that is in charge of a club that gets relegated will be offered the chance to take over one of the newly promoted clubs if they want to, although this will be done on a first come first serve basis and priority will go to new people if they request a new club first.

I'm also pondering having this continue with relegated clubs, so you can still play the game in pretty much the same way even if your club goes down to the Championship, although the updates will be done in less detail for you.

Amateur

The final update of the season will be done this evening once I get home from work.

Also, anybody that is in charge of a club that gets relegated will be offered the chance to take over one of the newly promoted clubs if they want to, although this will be done on a first come first serve basis and priority will go to new people if they request a new club first.

I'm also pondering having this continue with relegated clubs, so you can still play the game in pretty much the same way even if your club goes down to the Championship, although the updates will be done in less detail for you.
    I think it's a good idea to let the teams relegated to continue if you're up for it (It'll be more work for you and you've obviously got quite a bit already). It would add yet another edge to the game I reckon. Plus, it would help the other teams still in the Prem to get better deals for the relegated teams players haha.

Amateur

Disappointing couple of games. Losing the FA Cup final adds to a very disappointing season and one we need to look back on if we are to improve. Losing to Fulham almost ends our hopes of europe so less cash will be spent on players. Hopefully next season, if we are not in Europe we can concentrate on the Premier League and do better as a result.

Amateur

I would love to finish in 3rd place to confirm a automatic spot in the Champions League.

Amateur

Come on Wigan! Don't let me down on the last day of the season!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyboy View Post
    i would really like to join one of these games..have lots of experience of them before..is there any spaces left ?
    There will be spaces for newly promoted teams next season :-) first come first served

Semi Pro

The final update is coming - i can smell it!!!

Part-Timer

Week 37

Champions League Final:

Barcelona vs Man Utd

Euro Cup Final:

Lazio vs Man City

Premiership:

Wednesday
    Friday
    Sunday

Game 1 this week was a vital game for Man City. With Spurs having won two days before, only a win for City would keep them in the title race. Away to Fulham you would have expected them to taken a fairly easy win, however they just seemed to Choke. Fulham walked all over them and could easily have won by a much greater margin if not for some great saves by Joe Hart. So, title race over before the final day, close but no cigar for Man City this year.

Next up is Man Utd against Blackburn. Going into this game it looked almost certain that Blackburn would be relegated, they needed Norwich, Bolton & Wigan all to fail to pick up any points and for Norwich & Bolton to concede a couple of goals each to reduce their goal difference. Even more unlikely than those things happening though, they needed to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford. If I was a betting man I would bet my house on Blackburn being relegated however apparently nobody told the Blackburn squad that. Despite spending almost the entire game on the back foot an absolutely heroic defensive performance and some fantastic work by Paul Robinson, combined with some good work from set pieces, saw them walk away with a very unlikely 3 points.

League Table

No real surprises at the top of the table, for a while it has obviously going to be either Spurs or Man City so I'm not surprised that Spurs ended up on top of the pile.

The bottom of the table is a completely different story though. Blackburn have looked set for relegation for a long time now, but somehow managed to leapfrog 3 teams on the final day to secure their premiership status for another year. I have no idea how they managed it, but I'm pretty sure that if they leave it this late again then there will officially be no nails left unbitten in Blackburn!

Past Positions

*I'm only showing these for certain teams, not for all of them*

The Title Race
    The Struggling Giants
    The Late Risers
    The Slow Descent
    A Northern Miracle

So, season over. I will be doing a stats update soon, probably tomorrow morning, and will then spend a few days trying to recruit new players for the next season before getting it started.

Semi Pro

What an end to the season. We lose two and drop to 15th, our lowest for a long long time. Hmm

Cant believe the top 2 both lost - amazing

And down at the bottom really could not be any closer- how Blackburn have pulled that off....

Two massive clubs without Europe at all, i wonder how many managers will be leaving over the coming weeks!

Amateur

Such a good season!! Thanks Mack4life..

Amateur

Ah crap, bottom of the league...

Been a great season though, thanks mack! As for Man U, losing the final of the champs league to an own goal must hurt! And congrats to spurs for winning the league, having been top for most of the season, think you deserved it

Would like to continue in this game with 1 of the promoted teams or team with no owner if there aren't enough new peeps to fill up the places, or carrying on with Wigan in championship (not sure if this would be too much for you to do though)

Amateur

To bad we fizzled out at the end there but only loosing the title by 1 point in the end was a superb performance, overturning that 9-10 point gap was pretty good, if only we hadnt drawn as many games, seriously for title contenders to draw 11 games is just way to many, ecspecially against the lower teams we should have been beating, Im very happy with the Euro Cup win though!!

Bring on Next season and Cheers to Mack for a great game so far!!!

Amateur

Cheers Mack, great first season, really enjoying it. Top half finish for my wolves, very happy with that. Can't believe Chelsea and Arsenal have missed out on Europe, as a Spurs fan that has made me very happy, along with Spurs winning the league. Now to try and join them up there with some decent signings

Semi Pro

Wahoooooo Survived like i knew we would and also won the FA Cup after nobody giving us a chance come The Villians time to invest more cash next season

Very good game Mack

Amateur

Yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! COYS!!!!!!!!

NO-ONE CAN STOP EM THE BOYS FROM TOTTENHAM THE BOYS FROM WHITE HART LANE!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH WWWWWWWWHHHHHHEEEENNN TTHHHHHHHEE SSSSSSPPPPPUUUUUURRRRSSSS GOO MAAAARRRRCCCHHHHHIIIIINNNNGGGG IIIINNN!!! OOOHHH WHHHEEENNN TTTTHHHEEE SPPUURRSSSS GGOOOO MAAARRRRRCCCHIIINNNGGG IIINNN!! III WAAAANNNAA BBBEEE IIINNNNNN TTTHHHHAAAATTTTTT NNNUUUUUMMMMMBBBBBEEERRRR!! OOOHHHH WWHHHHEENNN THHHEE SPURS GO MARCHING IN!!! OH WHEN THE SPURS! oh when the Spurs! GO MARCHING IN! go marching in! OH WHEN THE SPURS GO MARCHING IN! I WANNA BE IN THAT NUMBER! WHEN THE SPURS GO MARCHING IN!!!

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SUUUUUUUUUPPPPPEEERRR SUPER SCOTT! SUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPEEEERRR SUPER SCOTT! SUUUUUUUUUUUPPOEERRR SUPER SCOTT! SUPER SCOTTY PARKER!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER! ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER! WITH A BUCKET OF SWEETS AND A CHEEKY SMILE! WENGER IS A F**KING PEADOPHILE!!!

Part-Timer

2011/12 Season Report

League Stats

Team Stats
    Player Stats

League Awards

Golden Glove
    Footballer of the Year
    Manager of the Year
    Players' Player of the Year
    Players' Team of the Year
    Players' Young Player
    Top Goalscorer

My Players of the Season

Neymar
    Luka Modric
    Leandro Damiao
    Michael Carrick
    Simon Mignolet
    Carlos Tevez

Team Stats

Arsenal
    Squad
    Transfers

Aston Villa
    Squad
    Transfers

Blackburn
    Squad
    Transfers

Bolton
    Squad
    Transfers

Chelsea
    Squad
    Transfers

Everton
    Squad
    Transfers

Fulham
    Squad
    Transfers

Liverpool
    Squad
    Transfers

Man City
    Squad
    Transfers

Man Utd
    Squad
    Transfers

Newcastle
    Squad
    Transfers

Norwich
    Squad
    Transfers

QPR
    Squad
    Transfers

Stoke
    Squad
    Transfers

Sunderland
    Squad
    Transfers

Swansea
    Squad
    Transfers

Tottenham
    Squad
    Transfers

West Brom
    Squad
    Transfers

Wigan
    Squad
    Transfers

Wolves
    Squad
    Transfers

Available Teams

Championship League Table

So West Ham, Cardiff and Southampton are the three teams heading up to the big league for next year.

Existing Premiership teams available are:

Newcastle
    West Brom

Anybody that wants to take over any of these teams should give the rules a proper read through the rules and PM me with their team choice.

Oh great, we end with 4 strait defeats and lose third place.........
    And De Gea with an own goal in the CL final. Great Job David.

But good job Mack, very fun season.

Amateur

Delighted with my team pipping Chelsea and Arsenal for the Europa League spot

A very well organised game so far Mack, thanks for running this. Cheers!

Amateur

Damn not a good season. No Europe means less money. Next season is the start of the rebuilding at Arsenal. We need to return back to the glory days again. We came close to winning 3 trophies this season but near the end we cocked it up.

Fantastic job Mack in running this. Can't wait to sign new players

Amateur

A brilliant season, Looking forward to the transfer window !

Amateur

waiting for next season

Amateur

Cheers Mack, great updates kept regular, and cheers for the players in January.

Happy with a mid table ish finish, hoping to push on with some big signings this year...be afraid!

Amateur

Breaking News!

Following Wigan's last day relegation , Wigan have announced that current chairman Jason Powell has sold his share in the club. Wigan fans have welcomed the news saying he brought bad luck when he took over 1 year ago.

It is rumoured that he still wants to be involved in Premier League football and is exploring the possibilty of taking over another club. Having ended Wigan's 7 year spell in the Premiership in his first year in charge, surely fans from other teams will be hoping Jason doesn't take over their club!

Part-Timer

GlennUK, I'm trying to PM you but your message box is full. Please clear some space.

Part-Timer

Clear now As i said before i'll take club with biggest bank balance (I like being rich)

Part-Timer

Rumours

Rumours are abounding that a new Chairman is about to take over as Commander in Chief at West Brom.

Speculation that International Businessman Glenn Crane is about to take over the club.

More news as we get it folks!

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    Rumours

Rumours are abounding that a new Chairman is about to take over as Commander in Chief at West Brom.

Speculation that International Businessman Glenn Crane is about to take over the club.

More news as we get it folks!
    Stop the madness!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatTraveler View Post
    Stop the madness!
    ?? You lost me??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast