Thread: Mack4life's Chairman Game

Threaded View

Part-Timer

Default Mack4life's Chairman Game

Ok, this is going to be my first effort at running a Chairman game. I have taken part in a few over the years and for some reason had never bothered to try and run my own. Well I've got bags of free time at the moment so I thought I would give it a go. The rules are going to be broadly similar to those of the other chairman games on this forum but with a few tweaks.

*The rules are based on those by ollie laaaaaaaad but with some changes*

This game WILL run for as long as I have people willing to participate. It will not end early.

Rules

General

1) Only sign up for this if you will be able to commit to it. Don't sign up if you can only get on the forums once a week or if you're going to drop out before the end of the first season.

2) You can chance your manager at any time and as many times as you want, but obviously changing manager often will be very expensive.

3) When a manager is fired the remainder of their contract will be pain in full.

4) Only realistic managerial appointments can be made, so no you can't hire Sir Alex Ferguson if you're managing Wigan.

5) If you want a manager from a team in the league then you will have to sort out compensation with the chairman of their current club. If you sign a manager from an AI team then the compensation value paid will be the remainder of their contract + 25%.

6) You may set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, but just remember, set them too high and your club will run the risk of bankruptcy. Also, your transfers may not take you over your wage budget. If your manager chooses to do so there is nothing you can do, but you may not offer more money than you have set out in your budget.

7) Your facilities can be upgraded if you want to. The cost will be:
    £2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your youth system.
    £3,000,000 for a minor improvement to your traning facilities.
    After the first season I will allow chairmen to improve their stadiums if they desire, however the details of that will be sorted out later.

Transfers

8) Limits on transfer numbers are as follows:
    Transfers between clubs in the league - Unlimited
    Loans between clubs in the league - Unlimited
    Transfers from clubs in your nation, below your league - 4 per season
    Transfers from foreign clubs - Maximum of 2 in the Summer, maximum of 1 in January, maximum of 3 in a season
    Loans from foreign clubs - 2 per season
    Free signings - 3 per season
    Transfers of youth players from foreign clubs - Maximum of 2 in the Summer, maximum of 1 in January, maximum of 3 in a season
    *A youth player is classified as a player aged 17 or under and valued at below £2,500,000*

9)Transfer values are as follows:
    Transfers between clubs in the league - Agreed between Chairmen
    Transfers from clubs in your nation, below your league - Double the players current value
    Transfers from foreign clubs - 2.5 times the players current value
    Transfers of youth players from foreign clubs - Double the players current value IF they have not represented their nation and have played less than 10 senior games. Four times the players current value if they have represented their nation or have played more than 10 senior games.
    *Represented their nation counts as Under 21s or Senior sides*
    *If a player has a minimum fee release clause in their contract which is less than the calculated value then they can be purchased for the value of the clause*

10) At the start of each transfer window I will post up a list of the top players available on a free transfer. If a chairman wants to sign a player they will PM me their contract offer. I will then announce the player on this thread and every chairman will have the opportunity to PM me their own contract offer. The player will sign for club who makes him the best offer. Posting up your offer in the thread rather than in a PM will result in the player rejecting it.
    *In the first season you can view the players in your own game, however after the first season if you want to see a players attributes then just ask and I can send you a screenshot, as obviously after the first season some players will have started to decline*

11) If you wish to sign a player from another club in the league then you need to contact the chairman of that club, agree the details of the transfer, then let me know about it, and once I have confirmed it is all OK then you can announce it in the thread.

12) Your control over the sale of players is more restricted than with signing players. Players that you want to get rid of can be offered to other clubs in the league by posting up an announcement of your desire to get rid of the player or by contacting chairmen directly. You can also choose to release players on a free transfer however the remainder of their contract will come out of your transfer budget, or you can transfer list a player. To release or transfer list a player you need to contact me and I can sort it out for you.

Wages

13) The wages that players will be signed on will vary depending on the player you're signing and the club that you're at.
    Predicted League Position of 1st to 6th:
    Player aged 18 of less - 2 times current wage
    Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 2.25 times current wage
    Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 2.5 times current wage
    Players aged 33 or over - 2 times current wage
    Players from own league - 1.5 times current wage
    Predicted League Position of 7th to 14th
    Players aged 18 or less - 1.75 times current wage
    Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 2 times current wage
    Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 2.25 times current wage
    Players aged 33 or over - 1.75 times current wage
    Players from own league - 1.25 times current wage
    Predicted League Position of 15th to 20th
    Players aged 18 or less - 1.25 times current wage
    Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 1.5 times current wage
    Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 2 times current wage
    Players aged 33 or over - 1.25 times current wage
    Players from own league - Same as current wage
    *I know that this seems a bit complicated but it is my attempt to make things a bit more realistic and to balance the game out a bit, so big clubs have to pay higher wages than smaller clubs would, and hopefully if this game runs for a number of seasons it could see the smaller teams being able to make indents into the top of the table*

Playing

14) Everything must be confirmed by PM before being posted on this thread. So for example, you don't announce a transfer until I have confirmed by PM that it has gone through, you don't announce a manager sacking till I know about it and have told you it is OK, and so on. You get the idea!

15) If you wish to take part in this game then PM me the team you want to take over along with your wage & transfer budgets. Then once I have replied to confirm that the team is available you will need to post up a press release on this thread announcing the new chairman.

Current Managers
    *Figures calculated by ollie laaaaaaaad*

Managers Contracts: Name, Wage, Contract Length, Cost To Remove

Arsenal - Arsene Wenger - 115k - 2014 - £17.94m

Aston Villa - Alex McLeish - 40k - 2014 - £6m

Blackburn Rovers - Steve kean - 25k - 2013 - £2.6m

Bolton Wanderers - Owen Coyle - 15k - 2012 - £780,000

Chelsea - Roberto Di Matteo - 15k - 2012 - £780,000

Everton - David Moyes - 50k - 2013 - £5.2m

Fulham - Martin Jol - 30k - 2013 - £3.12m

Liverpool - Kenny Dalglish - 40k - 2014 - £6.24m

Manchester City - Roberto Mancini - 100k - 2013 - £15.6m

Manchester United - Sir Alex Ferguson - 80k - 2012 - £4.16m

Newcastle United - Alan Pardew - 9.5k - 2016 - £2.47m

Norwich City - Paul Lambert - 10k - 2012 - £520k

QPR - Mark Hughes - 55k - 2014 - £8.58m

Stoke City - Tony Pulis - 20k - 2012 - £1.04m

Sunderland - Martin O'Neil - 20k - 2012 - £1.04m

Swansea City - Brendan Rodgers - 12k - 2014 - £1.87m

Tottenham Hotspur - Harry Redknapp - 46k - 2013 - £4.78m

West Bromwich Albion - Roy Hodgson - 35k - 2012 - £1.82m

Wigan Athletic - Roberto Martinez - 13k - 2014 - £2.02m

Wolves - Terry Connor - 10k - 2012 - £520,000

Current Finances

Arsenal
    Balance: £129,167,312
    Wage Bill: £1,199,906

Aston Villa
    Balance: £9,472,306
    Wage Bill: £805,796

Blackburn
    Balance: £2,083,350
    Wage Bill: £494,677

Bolton
    Balance: £2,234,960
    Wage Bill: £533,371

Chelsea
    Balance: £40,616,643
    Wage Bill: £1,791,009

Everton
    Balance: £6,097,373
    Wage Bill: £761,643

Fulham
    Balance: £8,813,845
    Wage Bill: £701,900

Liverpool
    Balance: £17,703,490
    Wage Bill: £1,477,970

Man City
    Balance: £153,541,021
    Wage Bill: £2,316,368

Man Utd
    Balance: £84,363,474
    Wage Bill: £1,447,109

Newcastle
    Balance: £27,031,595
    Wage Bill: £738,435

Norwich
    Balance: -£4,427,908
    Wage Bill: £214,627

Q.P.R.
    Balance: -£3,372,226
    Wage Bill: £818,401

Stoke
    Balance: £6,585,279
    Wage Bill: £583,506

Sunderland
    Balance: £32,582,583
    Wage Bill: £835,608

Swansea
    Balance: -£1,073,542
    Wage Bill: £269,922

Tottenham
    Balance: £92,054,724
    Wage Bill: £1,010,505

West Brom
    Balance: £17,196,343
    Wage Bill: £561,750

Wigan
    Balance: £8,488,221
    Wage Bill: £358,367

Wolves
    Balance: £14,495,732
    Wage Bill: £416,898

Current Chairmen
    *Predicted league position is shown infront of the team name*
    4th - Arsenal - Dale Stones - swfc4life22
    9th - Aston Villa - Long Tym Toon - toonbalmy87
    15th - Blackburn Rovers -derby4everr
    13th - Bolton Wanderers -
    3rd - Chelsea - Iman Iskandha - rennomillo
    8th - Everton - Nirmit Arora - nirmit
    10th - Fulham - Nathan Walker - NathWalker
    5th - Liverpool - Thomas Gerrard - Blackwolves
    1st - Manchester City - Kristof Lazarevic - Kristof1982
    2nd - Manchester United - Gary Neville - TheGreatTraveler
    7th - Newcastle United - Adam Lashley - Lashley
    18th - Norwich City -
    16th - QPR -EoinMcG
    12th - Stoke City - Kristopher Scott - kris0710
    11th - Sunderland - Alex Shaw - Mack4life
    19th - Swansea City - Nicholas Jameson - Jamo456
    6th - Tottenham Hotspur - Jack Bullock - UkFootballScore
    14th - West Bromwich Albion - Richard Hatton - thenzon
    20th - Wigan Athletic - Jason Powell - JP66
    17th - Wolverhampton Wanderers - Spurs + Eastbourne 4eva

Important

This is a save game which has the exact database I'm using at the start of the game.
    You can use this to see which players are available, use it to scout, and so you can see the current values & wages of every player.
    Just download it, put it in your save games folder, and load it up in game.
    Download Link

*Loans*

I have had a couple of people ask questions about how to make a loan of a player from abroad. I will handle it by adding the player to your squad for the duration of the loan as there isn't a way to create loans in FMRTE. You will always have to pay 100% of their wages.
    As for who you can loan, if it is realistic it will be allowed. So any player who is listed for loan, fine, most players who are listed as backup, fine, Lionel Messi, not OK!

*Youth Players*

If a youngster is available for a direct contract approach in the game then the cost to sign them will be the compensation that the club requires in the game. E.g. If you approach to sign Bernard Mensah from Watford, the cost of signing him will be £1.21m, as this is the compensation that Watford ask for in game.
    Last edited by mack4life; 02-05-2012 at 12:15.