+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mack4life's Chairman Game

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by swfc4life22 View Post
    Very happy with the start we have had. After the defeat at Wolves I was worried but we have come back strong. Fantastic result away at Tottenham in the derby. Andy Carroll not even in the first team squad
    I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but Carroll isn't even in your senior squad!

Apparently Wenger doesn't think he is ready for first team football yet so he is in the reserves and is listed for loan. He is making a decent case for first team football though, his only start so far in the league cup got him a goal and he has 5 goals in 7 games for the reserves.

Semi Pro

Not the greatest start for Stoke, one win from four but through to group stages in Europe. See unable to score away which is poor but its early days and although 19th im only 3 points from 5th!!

This is my first chairman game and i must thank you Mack, loving it! I must browse on this forum nearly every hour just to see the latest happenings.

My mrs hates me playing FM as it is so god knows what will happen if she knew i was involved in this!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mack4life View Post
    Sorry about forgetting the Modric and Zezinho I actually had put both of them through but they were saved in an older version of the database changes file I used. I will get both of them put through in the January transfer window.

Eastbourne, honestly it's because I forgot that you had taken over Wolves! I will start putting them in from now on.
    No worries, thank you. great job so far, looking forward to the rest of the seaon

Part-Timer

Week 5

Premiership:

Saturday
    Sunday

Game of the Week 1 - Game of the Week 2
    So Chelsea had a great chance to pick up their first win of the season. Playing at Stamford Bridge, against one of the few teams below them in the table, and they blew it. Not only did they fail to win, they could easily have lost. Swansea took an early lead and made Chelsea really fight to get back into the game. I get a feeling that the end is very near for Di Matteo. The other game I've picked was chosen just because it was a great match. Arsenal are flying at the moment while Q.P.R are performing above expectations so I always thought it could be a good match. It turned out to be a cracker, Q.P.R started the game poorly but once they fell 2 goals behind they found their stride and carved the Arsenal defence open time and time again on the counter attack and could easily have taken the lead before the hour mark, however at the end of the day I think their fans will be happy with a point.

League Table

Champions Cup:

Chelsea
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Man Utd

Euro Cup:

Tottenham
    Stoke
    Fulham

Part-Timer

By the way, how quickly do people want me to go with this?

I was thinking at most 4 weeks at a time, and I will try and leave a gap of at least a few hours between each 4 weeks, and after each 8 week block I will leave it for at least 12 hours before doing the next update.

My thinking is simply that if I don't leave a decent gap quite often then it won't give people a chance to do anything like sack their manager if they want to, but it will still get the season done at quite a good rate.

Anybody want it done differently to that suggestion?

Part-Timer

Chairmen Still Needed For:

Bolton
    Norwich

Just PM me if you want to be a part of this game with either of those two clubs.

Part-Timer

Week 6

Premiership:

Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday

Game of the Week
    No this wasn't the best game of the week, but it sure as hell was the funniest. This game showed up everything that has been wrong with their season so far. They controlled the ball well, they played some very nice attacking football, but that is about where the positives end. Their passing was pretty poor especially their delivery into the area, their tackling was poor and they got torn apart on the counter attack. There is no way that any team should lose when they have over 60% of the posession and yet they have somehow managed to do it. Is this the final nail in the coffin for Di Matteo? Personally I think it will be.

League Table

League Cup

Tuesday
    Wednesday

*I am going to stop here for now because I want to give Rennomillo the chance to sack Di Matteo before he does any more damage and I feel it would be mean of me to go any further before he at least comes online to see the latest updates and make a decision.*

Semi Pro

Any chance you could let me know who is my European group please. After a shock League Cup defeat im hoping Stoke can have a run in Europe.

Cheers

Amateur

By the way, how quickly do people want me to go with this?

I was thinking at most 4 weeks at a time, and I will try and leave a gap of at least a few hours between each 4 weeks, and after each 8 week block I will leave it for at least 12 hours before doing the next update.

My thinking is simply that if I don't leave a decent gap quite often then it won't give people a chance to do anything like sack their manager if they want to, but it will still get the season done at quite a good rate.

Anybody want it done differently to that suggestion?
    As i'm able to check this throughout the day I'd say this is fine unless you wanted to go even faster! haha. Really reliable and consistant so far thanks!

Amateur

current speed's fine for me, I check regulary just don't post much as of yet, happy with west brom's start

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kris0710 View Post
    Any chance you could let me know who is my European group please. After a shock League Cup defeat im hoping Stoke can have a run in Europe.

Cheers
    Could I have mine too please mate

Amateur

Fantastic work so far Mack. I am really addicted. 2 draws there but wins in the cups.

Semi Pro

Slightly off topic but i have a thread on the Career Updates around my club, AFC Rushden and Diamonds, where i have taken them from United Counties Premier to the Championship. In my 14 seasons of the career i have rejected every single job offer, no matter who until tonight...Stoke City made me an offer and off i have gone.

14 years work chucked away in a second for a club i am chairman of on another thread!!

Amateur

What a great start! If my Spurs win game in hand we go top! Great European night at the lane! The two overseas signings doing the business 2-1 at home to athletic bilbao!

Mack the updates are class m8! Loving it!

Part-Timer

Slightly off topic but i have a thread on the Career Updates around my club, AFC Rushden and Diamonds, where i have taken them from United Counties Premier to the Championship. In my 14 seasons of the career i have rejected every single job offer, no matter who until tonight...Stoke City made me an offer and off i have gone.

14 years work chucked away in a second for a club i am chairman of on another thread!!
    Awesome mate, now you've just got to hope that you don't get them relegated in this game or you will have to resign in your other save too!

Amateur

Fairly happy with Wolves' start to the season. Beating Arsenal and drawing with Man Utd, shame we've only got 5 points. Cant wait to get my first transfers done in the January window.

Semi Pro

Villa squad finally starting to gel hopefully we will end up with a Europa League spot by the end of the season

Amateur

im start searching new manager for Chelsea..i will announce soon

Ferguson doing some good job, although who knows why he loaned Anderson to Roma, especially since he doesn't have Modric yet. Happy to be first, with Berbatov in good form, Kalou scoring, and a good start to the CL.

Amateur

Just started to get going on the seaason, beating city 1-4 at League Cup is a huge delight.

Part-Timer

Next update will be done this evening. I'm at work all day today, so expect it at around 7pm.

Semi Pro

Can't believe you putting work infront of this!!

Looking forward to the next update. C'mon Stoke...

Something tells me it's going to be a Thriller of a season, especially up top and in the relegation dogfight.

Amateur

I hope so

Amateur

Good start in the league but unhappy to see Moyes selling Baines

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nirmit View Post
    Good start in the league but unhappy to see Moyes selling Baines
    Sack him, sack him, sack him!!

Amateur

I was well happy we signed baines lol

Amateur

Yoo, are we going to get an update tonight?

Amateur

New update soon lol

Amateur

#deeeennnnch

Amateur

Maybe not haha

Amateur
    The sheer depths of hell watching pineapple games

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolves View Post
    Just started to get going on the seaason, beating city 1-4 at League Cup is a huge delight.
    I instructed RM to not pay attention to the league cup but 4-1 loss is embarrassing ;-)

Amateur

waiting for new update

Part-Timer

Week 7

Champions League:

Man City
    Man Utd
    Arsenal
    Chelsea - With the Chairman recently announcing that he was looking for a new manager I was expecting this to be Di Matteo's last game in charge and I was right. After the match it was confirmed that Jurgen Klinsmann will be taking over immediately. Di Matteo's final game wasn't actually a bad performance, Chelsea bossed posession, created a lot of very good chances, but their finishing was dreadful and they were too weak at the back.

Groups

Euro Cup:

Fulham
    Tottenham
    Stoke

Groups

Premiership:

Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday

Everton against Arsenal sounded like it could have been a great game, both teams on 11 points and right up at the top of the table, and so you would expect both to put in a good performance but I was completely wrong. Everton stormed out of the blocks to take the lead after less than 10 minutes and Arsenal never really looked like getting back into the game. The only surprise was that they kept it to only 1-0 for so long. Of their 10 shots, half of them were from corners and 2 more came from free-kicks. So a great game for Everton and a major kick up the ass for Arsenal.
    The Chelsea match I've featured simply because it was Klinsmann's first game in charge and it turned out to be a pretty damn good start for him. Playing a much more balanced formation than Di Matteo did allowed them to generate plenty of chances while keeping their defence tight and the team responded well to easily dismantle a fairly weak West Brom side. After their start of the season I'm sure that Chelsea fans will be hoping that this is the start of great things for Klinsmann and Chelsea.

League Table

Semi Pro

Not happy about the Liverpoo result

Amateur

I love the way how Suarez is just banging in goals.

Amateur

Look how fricking tight it is at the bottom of the league!! #notdench

Amateur

Not good enough from Arsenal. Starting to lose form. Come on Arsenal get going again!

Semi Pro

Another league defeat away from Stoke but at least we scored!! Going well in Europe though, 4 points from 6. With how tight the bottom of the league is the next 3 or 4 games could shoot a team towards the top 6

Amateur

With how tight the bottom of the league is the next 3 or 4 games could shoot a team towards the top 6
    or find them a home in the relegation zone!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EoinMcG View Post
    or find them a home in the relegation zone!
    sshhh! Lol

Amateur

sshhh! Lol
    You better not get Stoke relegated! They're my team man haha

Amateur

Class from my SPURS! a nice win away at Sparta in Europe then massive win against Man Utd! I love you Neymar!! What. A. Signing!

Semi Pro

You better not get Stoke relegated! They're my team man haha
    Don't worry, they moving up not down. Hoping for a league, fa cup and europe treble! lol

I am Stoke on my long term save too so its double the pressure.

Amateur

Still in 20th, but performances aren't actually looking too bad, need to win my home games though...

Amateur

Don't worry, they moving up not down. Hoping for a league, fa cup and europe treble! lol

I am Stoke on my long term save too so its double the pressure.
    haha! I'd love to see that.. I hope you do.

Amateur

Guys am I the only one who'd like to see future fixtures like a months fixtures or something wouldn't be worth mack4lifes time if I was but just wondering who else would like it??

Am I the only one who gets an "502 Error message" when opening the links?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by UkFootballScore View Post
    Guys am I the only one who'd like to see future fixtures like a months fixtures or something wouldn't be worth mack4lifes time if I was but just wondering who else would like it??
    If he didn't mind I'd quite like it...

Part-Timer

Week 8

Premiership:

Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday

Game of the Week
    A game that Man Utd would have been expected to win as Q.P.R/ Haven't won in the league since the opening day of the season while United are right up towards the top end of the table but apparently nobody told Rangers that! They really threw everything at Man Utd and walked away with a well earned point.

League Table
    Last edited by mack4life; 03-04-2012 at 19:50.

Amateur

Moyes working his magic with the team, a huge win against Arsenal!

Edit: Disappointed with the home draw against Blackburn.
    Last edited by nirmit; 03-04-2012 at 19:50.

Amateur

Good draw against the scum but need to start picking up wins! Come on hughes you donkey

Amateur

that 0-1 defeat against Arsenal is still bugging me from 2nd or 3rd game :-(

Amateur

2 defeats in a row. Not good enough Mr Wenger.

Semi Pro

Another defeat away from but I guess its to be expected with the way Manchester City have been playing. In need of some points over next two weeks.

Part-Timer

Arsenal
    Squad

Aston Villa
    Squad

Blackburn
    Squad

Chelsea
    Squad
    *Zezinho transfer has been done. He is in the reserve squad and listed for loan.*

Everton
    Squad

Fulham
    Squad

Liverpool
    Squad

Man City
    Squad

Man Utd
    Squad

Newcastle
    Squad

Q.P.R.
    Squad

Stoke
    Squad

Sunderland
    Squad

Swansea
    Squad

Tottenham
    Squad
    *Modric transfer is set up, he will leave you in January.*

West Brom
    Squad

Wigan
    Squad

Wolves
    Squad

League Report

League Table
    Player Stats

So it's been a mixed month for the big sides. Liverpool have moved right up the table, Chelsea have started to climb and Spurs have moved up to the top four, but Man Utd have slid down a bit and Arsenal fans must be very upset with their team dropping 7 places in the last 4 weeks. The two surprise packages in the league are still looking good though, with Norwich and Fulham both right up near the top and putting in some good performances, but despite their bright starts I can't really see either side challenging for the top 6 at the end of the year. Unfortunately for both Aston Villa and Stoke fans their teams have failed to pick themselves up after a poor first month and both are still down towards the bottom of the table, but with 30 games to go neither is in any danger yet, but they will both want to start picking up some decent points soon.

When you look at the players statistics it is pretty much as you would expect, with the big sides dominating most areas, but with some of the smaller sides making an impact. Zamora and Morison are both still scoring on a regular basis, Boyata has continued his good start to the season and Sivok, called up to the Spurs team due to injuries, has already made a good start on justifying the £5m that Redknapp spent on him. The other good news for Spurs is obviously that Leighton Baines has had an absolutely fantastic month, statistically the best player in the league so far, and I'm sure that Everton fans must be wishing that they had managed to hang onto him.

Amateur

Bizzle announces Mark Hughes is still under review

Today Mr Bizzle made a statement explaining that he still 'don't like Mark Hughes' and would preferably have someone else in the job. Bizzle reiterated the point that if anyone did like Mr Hughes then they would be able to get him without paying any of the compensation!

Bizzle made the comments after a deal between Arsenal, Bizzle and his business partner Emannuel Frimpong was sealed to bring the DenchWear clothing range to the emirates.

Amateur

Default Connor doing a great job!

Wolves chairman has praised his manager Terry Connor in the press today. After smashing Newcastle and getting an away draw at Wigan in the last two games Wolves sit in a healthy 11th position after being touted for the drop at the beginning of the season. If Connor can keep up the good work there is no chance he will be getting the sack like so many predicted.

Amateur

SAYONARA TO MATTEO AND WELCOME TO KLINSMANN

Great result under new manager Klinsmann..6 points from 6 is much better..Matteo is good too but i dont thinj he can bring Chelsea something..Sa

Semi Pro

God I hate that frimtwat

Semi Pro

Not happy with this whole 1 striker buisness like arghh I hate big Eck

Amateur

Not a bad start from City, Göetze has been awesome, shame his gone and got himself injured!!

Norwich announce new Chairman

It has been announced that Chairman Alan Bowkett has decided to sell Norwich City to a Greek group of investors.
    One of them quoted: '' I'm really happy about the purchase of Norwich City. I look forward to a new challenge and I'm confident Norwich can become one of the big teams in England.''
    When asked about the managers position he said: '' I've been impressed with how Paul Lambert has managed the team over the last few years, so I'm confident he can continue doing well in the Premier League. I trust Paul, so I won't be looking for another manager.''
    Although Norwich City has had a good start in the team, people have to wonder for how long can it last. Will a fresh air in the boardroom bring even more success or will the downfall start now.
    Last edited by costas_1988; 04-04-2012 at 15:21.

Part-Timer

Week 9

Champions League:

Man City
    Man Utd
    Arsenal
    Chelsea

Euro Cup:

Fulham
    Tottenham
    Stoke

Premiership:

Saturday
    Sunday

Game of the Week
    Bolton ended their run of 3 consecutive defeats last week with a well deserved win against Sunderland while Chelsea have taken 10 points from their first four games with Klinsmann at the helm, so while I expected Chelsea to win this one I did think that Bolton would push them quite hard. However it turned out that I completely underestimated Bolton. Both sides seemed to forget about their defence and went for it from the word go and if the finishing was a bit better we could have seen far more goals than we did, but it wasn't exactly a bad game anyway!

League Table

Amateur

Another cracking away win for SPURS! Kranjcar & Sandro getting the goals still unbeaten since Arsenal game and no Neymar goals which I'm glad about as want the goals spread around the side! Still go top if win game in hand!

Semi Pro

Get in Stoke. Brilliant win against a good Everton side. Not so good in Europe though. Playing away is a real problem for us.

Amateur

Tbf Sporting are a good side but 5-0 prob hurts lol

Part-Timer

Week 10

League Cup:

Fourth Round

Premiership:

Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday

Game of the Week
    Aston Villa really need to get their season going. Still right down at the bottom of the table, and against Newcastle I thought they had a great chance to pick up a hugely important 3 points. Newcastle hadn't won in 8 games and I felt that their defence would really struggle againt the pace that Villa have upfront and I was right, Villa did have plenty of chances and were getting most of them on target but a fantastic performance by Steve Harper in the Newcastle goal kept them at bay until late on in the game. Right up until the final 5 minutes of the game Villa were the best side and always looked like they could have taken the win but when Jermaine Jenas got himself sent off for a daft tackle in the last few minutes Newcastle jumped on the chance and hit Villa with everything they had and were rewarded with a much needed victory to stop them sinking any further down the table. As for Aston Villa, their Chairman did announce when he took over that McLeish wasn't his first choice but was too expensive to get rid of but I suspect that he may well be changing his mind on that soon if the club doesn't start to drag themselves out of the relegation zone.

League Table

Amateur

Get in! Great win for us in the Merseyside derby.

Amateur

Another champions league defeat which is very disappointing. We really need to stay in that competition. But a win in the league cup, a win against sunderland and a draw against man city. Not too bad.

Amateur

not happy with league cup performance..

Semi Pro

Defeat to Chelsea keeps us just above the bottom three but a game in hand on others could be vital. Mid table still very close. Time for a decent run of results.

Amateur

Jumped at the chance of going 2nd when Man Utd slipped up and beat Wolves with another 1-2 win really starting to think SPURS could win the league now! Everton are looking tidy this season so well happy with CC performances so far!

Lurker

I'll have norwich

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyB36 View Post
    I'll have norwich
    Norwich have gone by the looks of it mate (post number 263). I think Bolton are the only club left.

Amateur

Who's the Aston Villa chairman?

Part-Timer

Who's the Aston Villa chairman?
    toonbalmy87

Semi Pro

Did you get my message mack

Part-Timer

Yeah I did, it will be sorted out before the next update.

Semi Pro

Yeah I did, it will be sorted out before the next update.
    Ok thank you

Something tells me Mcliesh is leaving Villa....
    Anyway, 2 good wins in the league with Berbatov and Kalou scoring, a good win in the League Cup, but a draw at home against OM is not the best. 2 points of top spot is good though, and hopefully Fergie can mantain this consistecny throughout the season.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatTraveler View Post
    Something tells me Mcliesh is leaving Villa....
    Anyway, 2 good wins in the league with Berbatov and Kalou scoring, a good win in the League Cup, but a draw at home against OM is not the best. 2 points of top spot is good though, and hopefully Fergie can mantain this consistecny throughout the season.
    SHHHH Secret Mcleish dont know yet

Part-Timer

Week 11

Champions League:

Man City
    Man Utd
    Arsenal
    Chelsea

Euro Cup:

Fulham
    Tottenham
    Stoke

Premiership:

Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday

First up is a top of the table clash between Everton and Man Utd at Goodison Park. Both teams are doing well this season although with Everton really punching above their weight I fancied them to walk away with the 3 points today and they didn't let me down. They had United on the back foot for the whole match and if their finishing was a bit better could easily have put 4 or 5 goals past De Gea.
    Next was the surprise of the week with West Brom, sat right down in the relegation zone, at home against Arsenal who could move into the top 6 with a win. Both sides had plenty of chances but Arsenal seemed to choke and just couldn't put anything away while West Brom took their chances nicely to pick up a good win which seems them climb out of the relegation zone while Arsenal are still stuck in mid-table.

League Table

Other News:

Alex McLeish left his role as Aston Villa manager by mutual consent the day before their last league match. The game was handled by his assistant, John Robertson, while a contract was being finalised with the Chairmans new target. The new man to take the helm at Villa is Giuseppe Sannino, who has left his position with Siena in Italy to take the job.
    Last edited by mack4life; 05-04-2012 at 11:12.

Amateur

Great league run so far but fairly dissapointed with our champions league performances

Semi Pro

Take a bow Mr Pulis. Fantastic win at home to Sporting just weeks after they battered us 5-0 is quickly followed with an away win at Sunderland.

Still just above the bottom three but win that game in hand and joint 8th it is.

Semi Pro

Aston Villa press conference coming soon

Amateur

Not good enough from Arsenal. Wenger now under pressure.

Amateur

Delighted with the win against Manchester United, totally overpowered them.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by swfc4life22 View Post
    Not good enough from Arsenal. Wenger now under pressure.
    you shouldn't have sold RVP he keeps team together and Tevez won't do that job lol

Amateur

[QUOTE=Alex McLeish resigned from his role as Aston Villa manager the day before their last league match. The game was handled by his assistant, John Robertson, while a contract was being finalised with the Chairmans new target. The new man to take the helm at Villa is Giuseppe Sannino, who has left his position with Siena in Italy to take the job.[/QUOTE]

McLeish resigned? Wouldnt that mean you you dont have to pay the compensation?

Part-Timer

McLeish resigned? Wouldnt that mean you you dont have to pay the compensation?
    Was a bad bit of wording by me, he has had to pay the compensation, all £7m of it!

Amateur

Was a bad bit of wording by me, he has had to pay the compensation, all £7m of it!
    Ah ok ok. Got me a bit excited for a second..

Semi Pro

With all that cash in his pocket may have to see if he fancies investing in my club!!

Not bad for a couple of months work.

Amateur

If I was a chairman in real life I would only ever offer one year contracts because you never know when you might wanna sack your manager

Amateur

i dont think world class manager want to sign 1 year contract

Amateur

Yeah I spose lol

Horrible week, losinng to Everton and then drawing 1-1 against OM despite being a man up for the whole second half.

Part-Timer

Week 12

Premiership:

Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday

Game of the Week
    Looking at their recent form you would think that there could only be one winner in this game. Swansea have only picked up 3 points, all from draws, in their last 7 league games, while in the same period Tottenham have only dropped 2 points. Despite this Swansea produced an absolutely cracking performance, never letting Spurs settle, passing the ball around nicely, and keeping a very tight defensive line that mainly restricted Tottenham to efforts from well outside of the area. While they may look to be in trouble in the relegation zone, if Swansea can produce a few more displays like this then they have every chance of surviving the season.

League Table

Semi Pro

Loving this little run. Upto 13th with a game in hand. Win that and its level with Arsenal and above Chelsea.

Norwich are in free fall though, three or four weeks ago sitting in top 5!!!

2 defeats in a row... Not good. I still believe in fergie though. Seems like we are lacking a playmaker *modric* and a good striker, but hopefully we can stay in the title race.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast