+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Football Manager not responding!

Youth Team
    I don't have an ignore list. I am not a little kid!

Default Football Manager not responding!

Does anyone get a free in the game sometimes, most noteably with me when I am going to start a match nd the screen goes white and says FM is not responding. First time this is happening with me. Does anyone else experience this, or sometimes is it a case of freezing but will the game eventually resume?

Third Team

Get it all the time, sometimes when saving, just before starting a match, always just minimise it and do something else for the 5 seconds it takes to respond again

Youth Team

It's completely ruining my game. Is it anything do with starting it in windowed mode maybe?

Third Team

I think its when the game is processing the most, and you try to interact with it by clicking or anything else which causes it to not respond. On FM11 If I was creating a game, if anything interfered with it like somebody signing into steam and it popping up bottom right, it would crash the game. Mines however is not an issue, so I don't kow what you should do

Youth Team

Thanks for the help anyway. But I just clicked proceed to match then it started freezing. If anyone can offer advice please respond and mainly SI, can someone from there give me any advice.

Amateur

Mine does it all the time too, I have learnt to live with it. If I do not try clicking things while stuff is going on in the background then it's fine.

Youth Team

Thanks for the help, also realised while you do not need to use steam going offline temporarily without to much other running applications helps speed the game up vastly.

Semi Pro

I suggest stop clicking when FM is processing, that way, you wont be pulling your hair out. Not responding is nothing to worry about

Third Team

It sounds like the OP is pushing the limits of his system & might need to consider reducing the number of playable leagues or database size.

Youth Team

The limit for me was around no more than 76,000 players, I only used about 68,000 or so, not going beyond the limit.

You running any custom skins or graphics? I'd also suggest deleting your settings file (this will reset your preferences to default by the way). Details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184731

Youth Team

I got a few kits and logos only. Know customed skins. If I delete this file will this mean that all the custom logos and kits will be deleted?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ReggaeBwoy View Post
    I got a few kits and logos only. Know customed skins. If I delete this file will this mean that all the custom logos and kits will be deleted?
    I also get this freeze and "not responding", in various places. However, I get it with other applications as well. Been around since windows xp. It is harmless but slightly frustrating. As people said, it's the cpu processing and sometimes it just needs to catch up. Not sure if there is away around this issue as if you google it you find it is universal.

here are are things that can help;

*do you clean your registry?
    *do you defrag the pc?
    *do you clean out the junk files

and so forth.

I use a freeware program called; "Advanced SystemCare 5 and that really cleans the pc as well as checks for malware and so on as well as other useful tools.

Anyway good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggaeBwoy View Post
    Just remove the graphics folder from where it is (say cut it and paste it to desktop) then test the game to see if the issue re-occurs.

Youth Team

Alright, thanks for the help people

+ Reply to Thread