Why do not you support other languages?

I am so angry, I think the user of FM 2012 like me having thousands!We come from china or japan or turkey and so on.

I paid $29.9 for FM2012 at steam,i like this game, i think many people who come from china or the others like me.The Key is we all paid!

Maybe this people can more than that some one of your language support to the state.

You must know that we are your customers!

Don't Reply me with English,i can use English like this,i don't know more.

我是中国人,我只会这么些英文,你们有什么权力限制其它语言的使用?!

The money it would cost to translate the game into those languages probably outweighs the amount of money they would make from new customers who would buy the game due to it being in their own language. Sorry its in English but this is an English only board.

Its also rather interesting that you're Chinese and have bought a copy of the game, since its unavailable to buy either in boxed form or from steam in your country.

according to this you can buy boxed FM 2012 from outside of China and activated it through steam... but then again OP said that he bought the product through online steam so... it maybe lost in translation or maybe... the alternative ;p

" Region Availability - North Korea, Hong Kong and China:

Unfortunately, we cannot distribute Football Manager 2012 in these countries.

You will not be able to find a boxed copy of Football Manager 2012 in shops or buy the game from digital distribution retailers operating in this country, including Steam.

However, if you would like to play this game, you can activate a boxed copy of the game (purchased from another country) and play the game on Steam.

We hope this information is of use. Please do not hesitate to contact us again for any query related to our products. "

As always this is a commercial balancing act. If and when the size of the market indicates that the costs involved in translating into another language will be outweighed by the sales, it will be considered, as long as there are no license restictions in that country.

in this truly global society, everything is "internationalization" "diversification". If i was the boss of SI I will definitely hire a Chinese guy who speak good enlish to to make a chinese version, may be only take less than 1 week and won't cost alot. im sure this will open up the potential market.

come on this is a country with 1.6 billion people... Why do we so care about a <snip> language issue, this is not a technical problem.

not smart at at all!

hire a Chinese guy who speak good enlish to to make a chinese version, may be only take less than 1 week and won't cost alot.

As someone who has worked in translation, I can assure you that translating an entire game of this magnitude will not take less than a week.

i am a hong kong guy,i also angry too!!

i trust if SI still block unoffical language, SI will lose above ten thousand customers in fm2013 at china.

china,chinese, is a big market, hope SI reconsider about that !!

We all want the Chinese version of FM. We already have the translation version which was free and made by a translation group in our country, and we all pay for the game. Why do you have to ban it? You can earn more money, and we can play Chinese version FM. It's a win win! I hope that FM2012 will have a Chinese version in origin. If not, please do not try to stop us to translate it by ourselves. Thanks SI!!!!!!!!!!

The official market for FM in China is zero (iirc the game is banned by the Chinese authorities), it cannot be sold there & any copies of the game in circulation are technically illegal imports.

Asking SI to financially support a translation is no different to privately importing a car to a country that the manufacturer has no presence in & then complaining that you cannot get the car serviced at an approved garage. - That one was just for you, Kriss.

The un-authority thing was because that SI didn't credit that Tibet belongs to China PR, and also Taiwan. It's political problem. I don't know why SI did so. It's just a game. Does SI really want to lose such a big market due to the political problem?

As someone who has worked in translation, I can assure you that translating an entire game of this magnitude will not take less than a week.

well it was just a assumption, if one guy take lone how about 100 guys, im sure there are thousands volunteers (acctually the Chinesization group is already exist). is it really a problem for a large population country?

The problem is not whether Taiwan team is in the game, but Taiwan is Chinese Taiwan or only Taiwan. These are all political problems. If SEGA cares about the Chinese market, they can use Chinese Taiwan in Chinese version. and use Taiwan in other languages version if they want so. Political problems shouldn't be a problem in this global-popular games.

according to this you can buy boxed FM 2012 from outside of China and activated it through steam... but then again OP said that he bought the product through online steam so... it maybe lost in translation or maybe... the alternative ;p

" Region Availability - North Korea, Hong Kong and China:

Unfortunately, we cannot distribute Football Manager 2012 in these countries.

You will not be able to find a boxed copy of Football Manager 2012 in shops or buy the game from digital distribution retailers operating in this country, including Steam.

However, if you would like to play this game, you can activate a boxed copy of the game (purchased from another country) and play the game on Steam.

We hope this information is of use. Please do not hesitate to contact us again for any query related to our products. "

i said i paid it on steam and i play it,but why limit?

My steam ID is kittyue too!

As always this is a commercial balancing act. If and when the size of the market indicates that the costs involved in translating into another language will be outweighed by the sales, it will be considered, as long as there are no license restictions in that country.

but the Problem is not translating! Some one of us translating it,but limited by SI!

I'd be interested to know if SI have actually blocked people from doing their own translation or whether the patch just messed up the translation that already existed.

SI blocked us from doing Chinese translation from patch 1210. Then after about one month, our translation group finally worked out. This time, patch 1221 updated a new approach to block us... I don't know why...It should have been a good chance for SI to have more (in fact more than can be imagined) players all over the world. But they eventually...

SI blocked us from doing Chinese translation from patch 1210. Then after about one month, our translation group finally worked out. This time, patch 1221 updated a new approach to block us... I don't know why...It should have been a good chance for SI to have more (in fact more than can be imagined) players all over the world. But they eventually...

so i think,SI will tell us,don't buy it stupid chinese...that it why i am so angry

Sorry, but China is not such a big market that you claim. China has one of the biggest software piracy rates in the world.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_sof_pir_rat-crime-software-piracy-rate

Would it be worth the cost to translate it? I am not so sure.

truely,China has one of the biggest software piracy rates in the world.

But,the translate Will not cost SI a penny,we translate it ourselves for over ten years!

I'm fairly sure there's a legitimate reason why they're blocking your attempts to translate the game, they might be worried about people fiddling about with their intellectual property, or they might be worried about piracy rates as dieu suggests. That, after all, is why they didn't include Turkish as a language.

Sorry, but China is not such a big market that you claim. China has one of the biggest software piracy rates in the world.

China has one of the biggest software piracy rates in the world.

And,China also has the lagest population in the world.With economic growth,More and more Chinese people to spend more money on PC games,especially in 80’s and 90's generation

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/228945-Forum-Language

Please note that as the vast majority of our users are English speaking that we ask that you post in English. This will enable the community to discuss your post or to help you out if you are asking a question.

Bear in mind we do have local language forums for Dutch, French, Italian and Spanish where this rule clearly would not apply.

Repeated breaches of this rule after being advised by an admin or moderator will be dealt with - potentially forcing us to issue warnings or infractions.

i said i paid!steam id is kittyue

software piracy,that is not my Problem.And FM 12.2.2 tell me how to Piracy?!!!

if you can,you can know how many people paid it come from china from steam!

and you can see this market.

i said too,We do not need your translation,we done it! SO it is not worth Problem!

And who are you!

The official market for FM in China is zero (iirc the game is banned by the Chinese authorities), it cannot be sold there & any copies of the game in circulation are technically illegal imports.

Asking SI to financially support a translation is no different to privately importing a car to a country that the manufacturer has no presence in & then complaining that you cannot get the car serviced at an approved garage. - That one was just for you, Kriss.

A rare one that Barside, an appropriate car analogy:applause:

FM isn't sold in China by Sega/Steam but pirated copies are sold commercially there on a huge scale, a very messy situation which I'm sure they'll steer well clear of.

I don't doubt what you said. I also support antipiracy. But the fact is that FM2012 did well in antipiracy. No one can play FM2012 (especially after patch 1210) without paying for it. Many Chinese appeal here for Chinese version are all the customers who have paid for the game. The piracy rate in China is high. But the population in China is also huge. Maybe there is 80% piracy rate in China. But 20% of Chinese people can be 200M people. If SI still does good in antipiracy technology like this year, China will be one of the biggest market in the world!!! Remember! We all support antipiracy! No one will play FM2012 patch 1222 OR even care about it if he didn't pay for it!!!

• SI Staff

There's quite a bit of misinformation in here, so thought I'd clear a few things up.

Firstly, the game is no longer banned in China as far as I know.

The reason for no official Chinese translation is the same that is given for many other countries - we do not sell enough games in China to justify the cost of making a translation. Because of the huge amount of text in the game, it costs a lot of money to not only translate, but also test the translation, for any country. We have a set threshold internally of when we'll start looking at official translations - our sales in China are way off this target, unfortunately.

We'd love nothing more than to be able to translate the game into every language in the world, but also have to do cost benefit analysis, and the number of extra sales that would be gained according to experts in the market in the territory are also nowhere near where we'd need to be to justify the cost.

As for unofficial translations, we don't offer support to these, nor have suggested they are possible. Nor am I allowed, legally, to comment on this subject any more than I have done already - hence the message I sent out on Twitter the other week about how I won't talk about translations on Twitter any more. I/we can't talk about them here either.

In 12.0.4 i buy the genuine of FM,it must has Unofficial to make the chinese. This was Reason of support why make me to buy this game.

If you haven't intend to make you can entrusted to Unofficial form to do this.

Just do not make something limit! It can make more player to buy genuine,Just like me.

From what I can make out he isn't asking SI to fork out on a translation, in fact if SI did what he asked then they would actually spend less money on programming new ways to stop them translating it.

i m a Chinese too.i also paid for fm2012. hopo you guys solve the language problem as soon as possible.'cause the key is you guys only need to let us can make our translate and do not ban it.i think is not difficult.

its really hard for lots people to play fm in english...

From what I can make out he isn't asking SI to fork out on a translation, in fact if SI did what he asked then they would actually spend less money on programming new ways to stop them translating it.

If it's a legal issue, as Miles suggests above, then their hands are simply tied - they have to do whatever is legally required of them.

Archived