Resurrecting and retaining the Reds revival

TWalsh

liverpoolbadge_450x332.jpg

Liverpool Football Club are an English football club based in Merseyside currently playing in the Barclays Premiership.

They were founded in 1892 and have played in Anfield since their founding. They have long standing rivalries with both Everton and Manchester United. They have won numerous honours including both domestic and European success. They have won more European Cups than any other English club as well as holding the record for League Cup successes. The Premiership has so far eluded them in the history of the league.

This is where I come into the scene, my job is to bring Liverpool back to the top of English football as well as bringing European, preferably Champions League, football back to Anfield. This may not be the most difficult of challenges but it is up to me to break up the dominance of Manchester United as well as the emergence of Manchester City and Tottenham and the continued challenge from Chelsea and Arsenal.

Once I achieve domestic success I will aim to follow what Barcelona have done in recent years and dominate European and world mainly using players that have come through the academy.

Game specifications

Argentina (Premier Division only)

Belgium (Pro League only)

Brazil (First Division only)

England (Blue Square Bet N/S and above)

France (Ligue 1 only)

Germany (Bundesliga only)

Holland (Eredivise only)

Italy (Serie B and above)

Portugal (Premier League only)

Spain (LIGA Adelante and above)

Uruguay (First Division only)

Career Summary

[b]Year   Premiership   FA Cup   League Cup   Europe[/b]

Club Information

LiverpoolInformation_General.png

Facilities

LiverpoolInformation_Facilities.png

As you can see, we are in a pretty good financial state with a small and manageable debt of £50 million.

Regarding the facilities at the club, they are generally good but can be improved in the near future and I'd also like a new stadium or an expansion to Anfield.

Day One

Playing Staff

The goalkeeping position at the club is pretty good albeit with expensive, old backups. The undisputed first choice is Pepe Reina, one of the top keepers in the game. His back up comes in the shape of Doni and Brad Jones who are both taking up too much wages and I will look to move both on as soon as I can and bring in younger players who will ultimately challenge and replace Reina.

At right back, we are well stocked with the current England first choice in Glen Johnson. His backups are both home grown and nurtured through the academy but two very different players - Jon Flanagan is similar to Johnson in that he is good with the ball and going forward whereas Martin Kelly is the more solid defensive option who may see his long term future in the heart of the defence. In the middle we have the experienced Mr. Liverpool, Jamie Carragher. Alongside him we have two of the finest defenders in the league in Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel. Youth wise we have new signing Sebastian Coates and home grown Andre Wisdom as future prospects. On the left side, we have quite possibly one of the finest uncapped players in world football in Jose Enrique. He has solid back up as well with Fabio Aureilo providing valuable experience along with a great technical ability and at the other end of footballing careers we have 17 year old Jack Robinson, another home grown defender.

In the engine room in midfield, we have various options including Captain Fantastic Steven Gerrard who we can hopefully keep fit. There is also the much improved Lucas along with new signing Charlie Adam whose technical ability is second to none. Another new signing, Jordan Henderson is a similar player to Gerrard and a player I have high hopes for. Another English prospect is Jonjo Shelvey who is set for a bright future whereas the much maligned Jay Spearing will be given a chance to prove he has a future at the club. Regarding other young centre midfielders we have Conor Coady and Suso who will provide the backbone of the U19 team in the NextGen Series and will be given chances in Cup games.

On the wings we have a few options in Maxi, Dirk Kuyt, Stewart Downing and Craig Bellamy. All these players are more than capable of operating on either wing and can play both as a winger and as an inside forward which leads to a lot of options depending on the opposition and situation. In the youth team, Toni Silva and Raheem Sterling seem set for a fantastic future at the club.

Up top, we have the previously mentioned Maxi, Kuyt and Bellamy all capable of doing a job up front. We currently only have two out and out strikers and their styles couldn’t be more difficult as we have the hustle and bustle, traditional English number nine Andy Carroll supplementing the South American of Luis Suarez. My job is to get these two performing as a partnership and to get the goals that put Liverpool back to the top table of English, European and World football.

Backroom Staff

The staff currently at the club are decent but to be a top club we are going to need to improve on this. I will be looking at bringing in the best coaches available for both my first team as well as for the youth team so to fully maximise the young players potential.

I have decided to terminate all the coaches’ contracts bar Rodolfo Borrell and Jose Segura. I will bring in coaches in the pre-season and continually improve the quality of staff as our reputation increases. Regarding scouts and Physios I will undertake a complete evaluation by terminating all their contracts and hiring my own staff.

Transfer Plans

My aim for the first couple of seasons will be to focus on bringing in youth to fill the reserve and U18 team with future prospects along with bringing in any bargains that will improve the quality of the first team.

Archived