Too many goals!

I've just started playing FM12 on the ipad. I'm in my third season starting as Colwyn Bay in the conference North. First season I finished 5th having conceded and scored more goals than anyone else in the league. Came up through the play-offs and second season finished 17th in the conf prem having conceded 96 goals and being out scored by only three other teams in the league. Half way through my third season and same thing, I'm about 16th and I've conceded the most goals in the league but again been out scored by only 3 or 4 of the top teams. Clean sheets for either team in my games are like gold dust! Is this just a wierd glitch in my game or does anyone else have this problem? We all love a goal but this is really starting to ruin the reality and fun of the game

Standard 442 for the most part so no not overly attacking at all. Thought it may just be that I have fantastic strikers (they each scored about 30 goals each a season) and shocking GK but Ive been through about six keepers now and nothing changes

• SI Staff

Would you mind indicating a little more detail about your defense and keeper? .... posting screenshots would be ideal (profile and seasonal history/ratings).

Also what roles do your players have in that formation - 4-4-2 doesn't sound attacking but if you're asking limited defenders to play as wing-backs that'll explain a lot for instance ...

I'm guessing there is something seriously askew here.

Hi Marc

Thanks for the reply

The 442 is just the standard game set 442 with the same team instructions. If I'm chasing a game then I normally switch to 442 attacking in the last half hour and 99% of the time my players are green in their positions so I dont think its anything to do with players out of position or overly attacking formations

Happy to post some screen shots but how do I do that from my ipad?

Match ratings for the defence are respectable, most hover around the 7 av. rating mark. Keepers are all below 6.5 though and average 2 goals a game conceded and my strikers just seem to score for fun

Archived