+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FM 2013 - What do we actually think this game will be like

Part-Timer

The message coming through seems pretty clear- most people don't want new features, they just want existing ones to work properly/better. There is a lot to FM, and a lot of potential in existing features going unrealised- scouting, player interaction/tones, international management to name but a few. I believe a new ME for FM13 was already confirmed (?), so with any luck that, rathrr than anything new, will be the key selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlore View Post
    The message coming through seems pretty clear- most people don't want new features, they just want existing ones to work properly/better. There is a lot to FM, and a lot of potential in existing features going unrealised- scouting, player interaction/tones, international management to name but a few. I believe a new ME for FM13 was already confirmed (?), so with any luck that, rathrr than anything new, will be the key selling point.
    New ME being worked on, but not confirmed for FM13. We're all hoping it is ready in time though.

Amateur

I would hope some better quality animations able to show things more clearly, unlike the backwards diving header from FM11. One of the daftest, funnies things I have ever seen on a computer, and I had an original Atari and a Vic 20!!!

Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.

Yeah I want to see a video of that asap

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlore View Post
    I think a new ME would be huge if you consider all of the other tweaks they will do on current stuff.

Maybe I'm getting old - graphics never was a concern of mine with FM - but now I'm craving something a bit easier on the eyes...something where I see my players as opposed to dots or stick men that all look the same.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    It IS fact that the VAST majority of footballers who are told they are no longer wanted, placed on the list and put in the reserves, leave. That IS a fact. When Bogarde openly stayed at Cheslea in the reserves because of the money, it made headlines worldwide BECAUSE it was so incredible. In real life, it's the VERY rare exception. In FM, it's pretty much the norm.

See... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Bogarde

But in FM, MOST players are Winston Bogarde.
    That is one example.

I, like you have, could give examples of players turning down the chance of a move to another club that was offering him regular football. Actually I already have gave an example and milner_point has as well. Of course not all are on the same scale as Bogarde but it does happen.

Amateur

But I would like to think IRL a buying club will also enquire how much a stubborn player would be willing to drop his wages to move. If clubs on FM don't even bid or enquire whether a player is willing to move, how would they possibly know to not even bother issuing a transfer fee first?

Maybe in some case, such as top players on large wages whom are currently available for transfer, the player's agent should make enquires whether a buying club could first afford his personal terms, then a transfer fee could be agreed after this. In this sense, the transfer proceeding on FM isn't negotiable and obviously back to front.

This was rumoured to have occurred in RL with Tevez and Sneijder; after the buying clubs realised they weren't going to lower their wages demands, there wasn't any point negotiating transfer fees with their respected clubs. I think in this case, the transfer negotiation process on FM needs to be a little more unrestricted.
    Last edited by bullybeef; 24-03-2012 at 08:37.

Amateur
    Leeds United- at least until the world stops going round!, and on xbox live with the 360.GT=STANNY

The only change i actually want in FM 2013 is no steam requirement! Its a pain in the backside!

Amateur

Hope new ME will be different and will fix strikers issues,corners,crosses and AI pragmatic behaviour in general to a more realistic one.
    http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6485/unreal2n.png
    Yeah thats right this is unreal even for real life,i conceeded their 1 goal by AI having 1 shot on target and that one from corner while i had 11 corners and AI 2.I dont use any near post or other trick cause i dont like to cheat but maybe i should to compensate the cheating of AI to won the games that i should won.
    Last edited by Bebetu; 24-03-2012 at 10:18.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Keyzer Soze View Post
    You must be kidding right? "basically the same game"? the fact that FM2012 still have issues that need improvement, doesn't mean that it's "basically the same" game that FM2010 was.
    Between FM2010 and FM2012 there are so many changes, that if i went back to play FM2010 i would probably think..."jesus... what a poor game"
    I'm still playing 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ackter View Post
    Yeah I want to see a video of that asap
    I second this

Amateur

I might be in the minority but I don't mind if the new ME isn't ready on time for FM13 so long as the long term challenge is address by drastically improving AI squad building, player training and tactical acumen. A few tweaks to the newgen creation process and a couple of new templates would be welcome as well.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by whilewolf View Post
    I might be in the minority but I don't mind if the new ME isn't ready on time for FM13 so long as the long term challenge is address by drastically improving AI squad building, player training and tactical acumen. A few tweaks to the newgen creation process and a couple of new templates would be welcome as well.
    I've been wanting the long-term stuff sorted out for years...Honestly, I doubt it will ever happen. They're too busy with new additions to correctly address this so when a new ME comes out, so much work with tweaking and fixing bugs will be needed that this will once again get pushed back.

Amateur

Truthfully, I expect to see:
    * new data update
    * very slight ME/AI improvements
    * a few new screens containing an obscure feature the majority of players won't use

that's it.
    I know it's evolution rather than revolution but we seem to be accepting very few improvements to the ME and that's a shame as it is the best (in terms of distinct features in the game) part of the game

Amateur

The defending on this game is terrible! Defenders have no idea of what to do. I really do question how people can not see the lack of intelligence in defenders on this game.

International Management will be beefed up - surely it has to.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by themoffster View Post
    Truthfully, I expect to see:
    * new data update
    * very slight ME/AI improvements
    * a few new screens containing an obscure feature the majority of players won't use

that's it.
    I know it's evolution rather than revolution but we seem to be accepting very few improvements to the ME and that's a shame as it is the best (in terms of distinct features in the game) part of the game
    Quoted for truth. Plus they'll introduce features that annoys the majority of the players in the interest of "realism" (see Agents) while keeping the majority of the bugs from previous versions
    (e.g. fixture clashes, AI, transfer market).

Amateur

Match engine, match engine, and more match engine.

Tired of bells and whistles. I want to play a match that feels like a match.

I want the A1 to improve a hell of a lot as well.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    Completely wrong, the majority of players look at the wage first, the chances of first team games second, i could go through countless players who have left Aberdeen for more money and rarely play at their new clubs. Your living in a fantasy world i think.
    Why do so many players bitch about not getting a game then?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ViG1980 View Post
    what features do you think will make it into FM13?
    A few minor changes and tweaks but essentially the same game we've been playing since FM2005. There again, it's tried and tested and essentially works well, a few bugs aside so I dont think tehre needs to be a major overhaul done. As they say, if it's not broken then there ain no need to go repairing it.... or something like that.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dolph11 View Post
    The defending on this game is terrible! Defenders have no idea of what to do. I really do question how people can not see the lack of intelligence in defenders on this game.
    it doesn't matter the rest of the stats for the player. as long as he has pace 20 acceleration 20. he will be GOD LIKE.

Amateur

the most important thing,imho,it's the tactic system.with AND without ball is fundamental.most (all?) teams attack in a certain way and defend in another way (same old example,barcelona).and,as a consequence,the next opponent report should tell me (in a graphic way) how they play with or without the ball.how much accurate the report depending on the abilities of my scouts.and i should be able to arrange my training schedule for the week (or weeks,or just one day or whatever i like) to prepare the game as i want to prepare it.

plus tons of other things who could easily add more challenge and realism to the game,as for ex. being not able to choose the exact player we want to buy in the beginning of the game (or when we are lousy managers),but only giving indications and suggestions to the board..

Amateur

I agree straccy! You need tactics for when in possession and when not in possession. You need them separate so you can tell your players how to behave when on the ball and when not on the ball, that would be more realistic. At the moment it's very disjointed, one set of instructions for both.

Amateur

Game Sound in this game are poor, needs a big improvement!

PS: After the big sales of FM around the world, SI will be more resources to make a very good game. I don't expect only a "update".

Amateur

I think that there are minor tweaks needed which are crucial to the realistic feeling of the game:

1. Choose your spoken languages:
    Example: With my Belgian/Italian Nationality I speak apparently: Dutch, Italian, French and German, But I can't speak German...

2. 64 bit Support, I bought a monster computer for FM, finding out later that the game doesn't fully support 64 bit

3. Adding leagues haziness: If you add new leagues, you can not see how many players are loaded and how many players will be loaded after selecting these leagues.

And the most important: Better AI, instead of artificial difficulty levels based on your Manager starting rep!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fabioke View Post
    I think that there are minor tweaks needed which are crucial to the realistic feeling of the game:
    1. Choose your spoken languages:
    Example: With my Belgian/Italian Nationality I speak apparently: Dutch, Italian, French and German, But I can't speak German...
    I love this idea. I always pick manager with my nationality and its says I speak German but in reality I can't.

Also what about adding more than one teams when starting new manager.

Reserves

I'm just hoping we have high resolution skins where we can read the text.

Semi Pro

I'd like something that primarily works with the machine I currently have.

I'd like a difficulty increase (I'm not amazing on this game) but I shouldn't be able to take a Championship team to European Cup glory in 4 seasons, nor should I be able to take a Conference North team to the Premier League

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by macdab55 View Post
    I love this idea. I always pick manager with my nationality and its says I speak German but in reality I can't.

Also what about adding more than one teams when starting new manager.
    I really hope that SI changes this feature, as this is one of the easiest changes they will ever make to satisfy a substantial part of the community.

Lurker

i want to 'create a new stadium feature' if the club has enough money... like to choose how big it should be and what extras etc.

Amateur

Just a suggestion, but would it be possible if in the Set Piece taker selection screen, could we have an option for best corner/free kick player, so during the match, the ME can select the person that has the best attribute to take the kick. This way if players improve their corner/free kicking abilities, they are automatically selected.

Or does the ME do this already of you don't select anyone?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by bullybeef View Post
    Just a suggestion, but would it be possible if in the Set Piece taker selection screen, could we have an option for best corner/free kick player, so during the match, the ME can select the person that has the best attribute to take the kick. This way if players improve their corner/free kicking abilities, they are automatically selected.

Or does the ME do this already of you don't select anyone?
    I think the ME already do that. I never choose anyone for my freekicks/corner, and the game always select the best player from the 11 that are on the pitch.

Amateur

I assumed so, Keyzer, I guess I was trying to come up with a solution so the ME doesn't choose a player that is supposed to Stay Back, like a FB. Maybe you could have a section that selects the best Winger to take the kick. Mmmm, a tricky conundrum.

I suppose if you don't want specific players to be selected, you may as well select someone.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by BossAsianMafia View Post
    Quoted for truth. Plus they'll introduce features that annoys the majority of the players in the interest of "realism" (see Agents) while keeping the majority of the bugs from previous versions
    (e.g. fixture clashes, AI, transfer market).
    agents were a very good addition to the game. they just need to be implemented correctly. how the "patience" attribute works should be changed drastically. for instance, you are a PL club looking to sign a division 1 player, the agent must be much more patient even if his attribute is 1. it is just silly when you offer players 2 times what they are making, a hefty sum to the agent, and then get rejected after 2 negotiations. if the player is "extremely" interested in joining your club, then the agent should do whatever it takes to make the deal work, that is their job after all. the patience attribute and the interest of the player in joining the club should be linked.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Romanista. View Post
    agents were a very good addition to the game. they just need to be implemented correctly. how the "patience" attribute works should be changed drastically. for instance, you are a PL club looking to sign a division 1 player, the agent must be much more patient even if his attribute is 1. it is just silly when you offer players 2 times what they are making, a hefty sum to the agent, and then get rejected after 2 negotiations. if the player is "extremely" interested in joining your club, then the agent should do whatever it takes to make the deal work, that is their job after all. the patience attribute and the interest of the player in joining the club should be linked.
    Great post, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    I wonder how often people moaning about how difficult it is to shift deadwood actually buy deadwood from AI teams?
    On the same topic: What about when you try to sell a player and the AI offer him a contract worse than the one he's on and he has the cheek to ask for his current club to keep up his contract until it would've ran out? Why can't I do that to the AI!?

I'd like to see a scenario mode, much like the one on the iPhone version.

Third Team

better youth players, i read about how fantastic certain teams youth are. but only have league 1 potential.
    i would like the advice on team selection to cover all positions, it is always the left or right back injured when there is none on bench

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by upthetoon View Post
    it doesn't matter the rest of the stats for the player. as long as he has pace 20 acceleration 20. he will be GOD LIKE.
    Agbonlahor
    Olic

Amateur

I love FM, been playing since the beginning with CM93 on Amiga. I don't play that much, but go through intense phases! Anyway, my feedback is...

- love how immersive all the different leagues and countries can be

- shallow and rigid RPG tree is boring e.g. press conferences, manager/player interactions

- staff, agents and club personnel lack depth in attributes and behaviours

- insight in to player stats is quite on/off, unknown attributes are totally revealed if scouted and it's hard to get an indication of hidden attributes unless they are extreme. Deeper graduation of knowledge might make it better e.g. recently scouted players have vague insight, long scouted players attributes are more accurately known, own players become more known as it goes on (seems like this kind of happen already?), and hidden attributes perhaps can be indicated in more ways e.g. press refers to them as 'dirty'.

- team talks can be hard to get right and fiddly to implement

- would be handy if your could select multiple items and action them e.g. allocating the same training schedule to multiple players

- would be good to have more depth as the game goes on e.g. club facilities, detailed financial control, youth recruitment policy, stadium building etc. Almost like easter eggs for enduring players!

- get some more humour in there (remember On The Ball: World Cup Edition?). Actually, maybe thats not a good suggestion.

- generally it's an original and good quality game franchise, one of the few I play (along with the likes of Total War).

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    I love FM, been playing since the beginning with CM93 on Amiga. I don't play that much, but go through intense phases! Anyway, my feedback is...

- love how immersive all the different leagues and countries can be

- shallow and rigid RPG tree is boring e.g. press conferences, manager/player interactions

- staff, agents and club personnel lack depth in attributes and behaviours

- insight in to player stats is quite on/off, unknown attributes are totally revealed if scouted and it's hard to get an indication of hidden attributes unless they are extreme. Deeper graduation of knowledge might make it better e.g. recently scouted players have vague insight, long scouted players attributes are more accurately known, own players become more known as it goes on (seems like this kind of happen already?), and hidden attributes perhaps can be indicated in more ways e.g. press refers to them as 'dirty'.

- team talks can be hard to get right and fiddly to implement

- would be handy if your could select multiple items and action them e.g. allocating the same training schedule to multiple players

- would be good to have more depth as the game goes on e.g. club facilities, detailed financial control, youth recruitment policy, stadium building etc. Almost like easter eggs for enduring players!

- get some more humour in there (remember On The Ball: World Cup Edition?). Actually, maybe thats not a good suggestion.

- generally it's an original and good quality game franchise, one of the few I play (along with the likes of Total War).
    Good post there although you could have been a bit more positive

The part I've highlighted though, you can already do this! When you are in squad screen just hold Ctrl and left click all the players you want on the same schedule, then right click and select the schedule

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson View Post

The part I've highlighted though, you can already do this! When you are in squad screen just hold Ctrl and left click all the players you want on the same schedule, then right click and select the schedule
    Youve just made my day, I never actually knew you could do that

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobBRFC View Post
    Youve just made my day, I never actually knew you could do that
    You learn something new everyday!

In return for making your day, I would like you to buy me a domino's pizza please

Part-Timer

You learn something new everyday!

In return for making your day, I would like you to buy me a domino's pizza please
    maybe, although I dont think it is good enough tip to warrant a pizza. Maybe a mars bar?

Part-Timer

maybe, although I dont think it is good enough tip to warrant a pizza. Maybe a mars bar?
    A mars bar would do me fine!

Part-Timer

A mars bar would do me fine!
    Where shall I send it?

EDIT: I tell you what give me your bank details and I will transfer 65p into your account ;) I wouldnt use your bank details for anythig other than transferring the money obviously ;)

Part-Timer

Where shall I send it?

EDIT: I tell you what give me your bank details and I will transfer 65p into your account ;) I wouldnt use your bank details for anythig other than transferring the money obviously ;)
    No offence but I wouldn't share my bank details with anyone apart from my close family!

Amateur

cheers

I may not have bigged it up too much, but the fact that I've been playing for neigh on 20 years shows that it can't be all bad ;-)

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    cheers

I may not have bigged it up too much, but the fact that I've been playing for neigh on 20 years shows that it can't be all bad ;-)
    Fair enough!

Part-Timer

No offence but I wouldn't share my bank details with anyone apart from my close family!
    oh well no mars bar for you then ;)

I was kidding

Amateur

Get the match engine correct first and foremost. Forget all these ally little issues like agents, private chats till the main part of the game is near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by ianscousemac View Post
    Get the match engine correct first and foremost. Forget all these ally little issues like agents, private chats till the main part of the game is near perfect.
    As SI have different teams working on different features, you're missing the point there a little.

Amateur

really hope to see an overhaul of the match engine and a more dynamic press conference and player interactions.

its just too rigid and a chore currently. i attend press conference and i don't even read the question. i already know the correct answer to give to not upset my whole team.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Abbondando View Post
    On the same topic: What about when you try to sell a player and the AI offer him a contract worse than the one he's on and he has the cheek to ask for his current club to keep up his contract until it would've ran out? Why can't I do that to the AI!?
    Already happens.

Part-Timer

oh well no mars bar for you then ;)

I was kidding
    AWW!

P.S I know you were kidding, (ok maybe not but I do now! )

Part-Timer

AWW!

P.S I know you were kidding, (ok maybe not but I do now! )
    Maybe a feature of FM13 could be free mars bars? Or a sombrero I really want a Sombrero

Back on topic please, guys.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Ackter View Post
    Back on topic please, guys.
    Oh i did have a little snicker at that......

Part-Timer

If were not careful Ackter will put a Bounty on our heads.
    Last edited by jimbobBRFC; 05-04-2012 at 16:38.

Reserves

Neither did i so i just quote akter and stole the code from there

Part-Timer

I feel much better about my reply now

Part-Timer

When it comes down to the crunch I hope Ackter doesn't close this thread
    Last edited by Gee_Simpson; 05-04-2012 at 17:45.

Part-Timer

When it comes down to the crunch I hope Ackter doesn't close this thread
    I see you thought of one then Gee ;)

Part-Timer

I see you thought of one then Gee ;)
    I guess so!

Part-Timer

I guess so!
    Revel In your comedic genius

Amateur

Tactics need a massive overhaul, I want a lot more freedom then we have now I want not only to be able to tell players to run forwards during an attack, but in what direction and what position to be in defence. Also I want to be able to experiment with a pivoting triangle three man midfield that porto used last year and arsenal are using this year.

Players take ages to learn new preferred moves and most of the time they fail. I've got a player with 19 passing 19 creativity and 17 anticipation that I want to use as a playmaker but he plays short simple passes so Ive got to first stop him doing that and then tell him to try killer balls takes ages and I want my players to play how want to play ASAP.

Lurker

I would like to see these improvements on Football Manager 2013:

1. faster processing.
    2.more participation on young players development.
    3.train some specific moves to prepare some specific games.
    Last edited by Gamas; 01-05-2012 at 15:24.

Amateur

I hope:

Real/Barca presidential elections every 4 years or however often they happen, complete with huge transfer promises etc.

Ambitious, rich presidents making signings without consulting you.

I also hope, forlornly I know, that you should have to earn the right, at some clubs, to be in charge of transfers. When I have complained on here about boring things in the game (imo) like Press conferences, agents etc, I am told, it's realistic, it's what football managers have to put up with. Fine, ok, but in the name of realism, why on day 1 when i take over at, say, AC Milan (leaving aside how unlikely that is!) am i put in sole control over transfers and balancing the books? How is that in any way realistic, maybe that is the norm in England, but not everywhere! Your level of transfer control should have to be negotiated when you are looking to join imo, having a bearing, as i would imagine it does in real life, on where you choose to go. Not every club irl would offer the same level of control, so why in FM, if we are so concerned about realism?

Make different clubs different, (see also differences under whose remit transfer dealings fall) No long ball allowed at Barca, galactico signings demanded by some presidents, emphasis on promoting youth players at some clubs etc

I'd like to see something tying in quality of medical care with average rate of player physical degeneration as they age (obviously some should always decline faster than others based on other stats) I've yet to see a player come into the game as a teenager and still be at the very top in his late 30's, like Maldini was, or Costacurta, Zanetti, Cafu etc

massively improve the A.I long term

Also I hope that the Italian domestic rivalry effect on transfers is lessened. It seems very hard at the moment to make transfers between domestic teams in Italy due to everyone being a listed rival! I think that you can be a rival on the pitch and have good relations in the boardroom. Players move between rival clubs a lot irl, see recent Pirlo move to Juve, lots of transfers between Inter and Milan over the years, Cannavaro to Juve from Inter etc

and lastly, most importantly for me. No steam.

Maybe some, or all of these are in the game, but I haven't played '12 due to Steam so apologies if comments are obsolete.
    Last edited by sfg; 01-05-2012 at 15:03.

For sure these are fundamental areas for the long-term future of the series. But I wouldn't mind something (optional) that attempts to simulate the day in, day out of training and practice sessions.

Really it would have to be some minigames, so it might not be in spirit with the rest of the game (i.e. you play along with the players in practice, whereas in game you obviously can only ever manage). You would only (have the option) of attending one training session per week, but perhaps you could influence form, morale, or even choose a focus for a player. Yeah, I know there is special focus areas now, but what I mean is, say you want a lad to work on his headers, have a little training game where you control either the coach or the player (or both) and he goes through some header drills.

The reason i mention it is because I think FM does a great job of simulating the back room stuff, and on pitch as well, but from Monday to Saturday all I do is read BS irrelevant news and then there is a match at the end of the week. I just want something that puts me on the training pitch with the players, in some form or fashion. And of course hopefully its fun, not tedious!

One last request, training should impact match performance! I always thought this is the case, as it is what makes sense, but recently I have been alerted to the fact that this is apparently not the case. For e.g. a player practicing a lot of shooting should play differently than the same player on a midfield training schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Erimus1876 View Post
    No new features or gimmicks. The game is packed full of them at the moment. Do we really need more?

I hope they concentrate on...

1 Match Engine

2 AI Squad Building

3 3D Graphic Improvement

In that order

Lurker

Hi guys,
    I personally believe that Football Manager 2012 is a decent game and with a few major adjustments I believe that FM 13 will be a great game.
    First of all the range of attributes could be improved such as defensive heading, attacking heading, angle finishing , curling free kick , power free kick, short passing and long passing. Etc
    Another aspect of the game I would like to see improved is being able to control the kits, the sponsorships and the stadium (being able to increase ticket prices when in debt or lowering when there's not enough fans in the staduim or the type of playing surfaces such as short cut grass for a passing game or a high grass cut for when you are hoofing the ball forward).
    I would also like to see a proper board meeting where the board asks you questions on how you doing and if you need help and the financial situation of the club which you could reply in many ways.
    A third aspect of the game I would like to see improved would be the match engine system as for me that is mediocre. Also the fans and the title race, playoff chase and the relegation battle should be more in the news and the news could be improved through misquotes and argue nets about the manager.
    Also the interviews are pretty awful so they should improve that by using an number of new and different questions and also quotes from players saying how bad you are. The media should also either like you as you answer all the questions honestly and try to help you by bigging you up in newspapers or they should hate you and try to get you sacked when you're having a hard time in the league.
    Lastly the players should do interviews and say controversial things in their interviews and the fans should chant songs.
    Finally the warm up and war down schedules should be sorted by you such as jogging then high knees etc. Also you should see the training when it simulates and you should be able to do practice matches, shooting training, pace training and other training especially when having trialists so you can see the training and the results at the end.
    I know this is a lot to ask for but it would make it a stupendous game in my eyes. Maybe have different difficulties as well

Ntfcmatt
    Ps don't add chairman or be a coach otherwise its not Football Manager is it

Banned

I think FM13 will have even more features that just do everything for you

More features should be made optional. Lots of people talk about removing attributes, I would like to remove star ratings, just have written assistant reports. I realise this isnt what everyone wants, so make it optional

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ntfcmatt View Post
    Hi guys,
    I personally believe that Football Manager 2012 is a decent game and with a few major adjustments I believe that FM 13 will be a great game.
    First of all the range of attributes could be improved such as defensive heading, attacking heading, angle finishing , curling free kick , power free kick, short passing and long passing. Etc
    Another aspect of the game I would like to see improved is being able to control the kits, the sponsorships and the stadium (being able to increase ticket prices when in debt or lowering when there's not enough fans in the staduim or the type of playing surfaces such as short cut grass for a passing game or a high grass cut for when you are hoofing the ball forward).
    I would also like to see a proper board meeting where the board asks you questions on how you doing and if you need help and the financial situation of the club which you could reply in many ways.
    A third aspect of the game I would like to see improved would be the match engine system as for me that is mediocre. Also the fans and the title race, playoff chase and the relegation battle should be more in the news and the news could be improved through misquotes and argue nets about the manager.
    Also the interviews are pretty awful so they should improve that by using an number of new and different questions and also quotes from players saying how bad you are. The media should also either like you as you answer all the questions honestly and try to help you by bigging you up in newspapers or they should hate you and try to get you sacked when you're having a hard time in the league.
    Lastly the players should do interviews and say controversial things in their interviews and the fans should chant songs.
    Finally the warm up and war down schedules should be sorted by you such as jogging then high knees etc. Also you should see the training when it simulates and you should be able to do practice matches, shooting training, pace training and other training especially when having trialists so you can see the training and the results at the end.
    I know this is a lot to ask for but it would make it a stupendous game in my eyes. Maybe have different difficulties as well

Ntfcmatt
    Ps don't add chairman or be a coach otherwise its not Football Manager is it
    Hmm not sure we need different heading attributes mate or finishing ones, if a player is good at heading it dose't matter what end hes playing at same principal for finishing as well if you have a player with decent finishing that should cover what ever angle hes at

Third Team

You're wrong about heading as there are a number of different techniques & styles. I was very good at defensive headers & the cushioned headed pass/lay-off but I posed almost no threat when heading at goal because I simply couldn't get any downward power that is generally required to trouble a keeper.

Third Team

You're wrong about heading as there are a number of different techniques & styles. I was very good at defensive headers & the cushioned headed pass/lay-off but I posed almost no threat when heading at goal because I simply couldn't get any downward power that is generally required to trouble a keeper.
    Why do you need to header a ball downwards for it to trouble keeper ? not every attacking header is aimed downwards

Third Team

That's just one example, there is also the flick-on & the upper body twisting re-directed header.

If anything redefining the parameters for heading could help reduce the effectiveness of the lumbering CB in attacking situations or the instances of a headed clearance going to the feet of an attacking player for an easy counter, probably moving into ME attribute interpretation territory now.

Part-Timer

probably the answer is no, but because EA already released news about FIFA 12, i'll ask it anyway. is there any news on FM13. FIFA 12 career mode was so dull that i wanna go back to FM

Third Team

That's just one example, there is also the flick-on & the upper body twisting re-directed header.

If anything redefining the parameters for heading could help reduce the effectiveness of the lumbering CB in attacking situations or the instances of a headed clearance going to the feet of an attacking player for an easy counter, probably moving into ME attribute interpretation territory now.
    I know what your getting at but all that would end up happing is people flooding forums with complaints of there striker with 20 for attacking headers only score 3 all season or vice versa scoring 20 and 18 been headers

Third Team

I don't like the idea of a separate defensive/attacking header attribute either, I was merely pointing out that heading is not a singular skill.

I've often thought some of the attributes should be removed as the specific skill they are trying to define is actually the final product of a number of other technical, mental & physical attributes.

Amateur

National Manager/Player interaction - So if you intend to rest a player from Friendlies because they have been injured and Just comeback you can tell them that given the good relationship with the said manager you have decided to rest them as the games have nothing of importance. Also National and Club manager interaction tell Manager you are F%^off that they withdrew you key player.

Part-Timer

Match Engine and a bit of a graphics overhaul would be my only wanting. Also want it to have Steam as a requirement again - can probably get it cheaper elsewhere and actvate it on steam.

Amateur

I would like SI focus on Online Gaming.....
    It's too hard to create a game, and there are several speed problems....
    A battle.net formula can be used... Or use steam!

Amateur

Surely if they beef up the International Management then it'l make it difficult to keep your 'day job' as a club manager. Have only played International Management on 2008 but from what I can see, if they increased the amount of media when you'r managing a country (leading into a major tournament) then i think thats fine.

Amateur

I'll be happy when they allow you to pick the reserve team line up.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by nickdc View Post
    I'll be happy when they allow you to pick the reserve team line up.
    You can.. choose to manage the reserves and you'll be able to pick the line up.

Amateur

Would love to see faster processing, but that's probably not coming. I'm at the point where FM is too fast for my computer, so I've gone back to playing CM 01/02, which is when I got really addicted to the game anyway.

Amateur

I think FM 2012 is a great game. I missed out on 10 and 11 like.

Ive bought every other version since 01/02 however (which is still by far, my favourite version Mark Kerr, To Madeira and Hugo Pinheiro FTW!!!) and as long as SI take **** on board and keep implementing the stuff we want implementing as fans and buyers of the game, Im happy. Although it took an awful large amount of rallying and lobbying to stop SI hardcoding leagues in the game, we got there in the end, and i'm on my way with Durham City! Wahey!

I'd really really really love to be able to buy a game and play it without being force to use Steam though. Steam alone for me, is the worst thing to happen to FM. Bring back the option of playing it without Steam, Steam is terrible.
    Last edited by Respected_Boss; 08-07-2012 at 21:41.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    It's just unrealistic. If you have a player who you have told to their face is no longer wanted, slap them in the reserves, offer them at a decent price, then their agent has a duty to see to it that they're gone during the next transfer window. There are a zillion clubs out there. Players just don't sit on transfer lists for years and years. Somebody will always take them. It's a problem, and it needs attention.
    Wayne Bridge, Bobo Balde, David Bentley and Florian Kringe to name but a few who wouldn't move on because they couldn't get the wages they were on else where. There are countless examples of this.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bvb_paton_rfc View Post
    Wayne Bridge, Bobo Balde, David Bentley and Florian Kringe to name but a few who wouldn't move on because they couldn't get the wages they were on else where. There are countless examples of this.
    Winston bogarde being the prime example!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer89 View Post
    You can.. choose to manage the reserves and you'll be able to pick the line up.
    Bridge the gap wanderer89... Unless, you choose to manage the reserves and its possible pass on the match control to the assistant, but I don't think so. Would make an already very long season very long indeed to do both.
    Last edited by nickdc; 09-07-2012 at 09:01.

Youth Team

Way less items in news reels please.

Or congregate the news items into one story rather than 25 separate stories about how some player who you've never heard of is going to win the Young Player of the Year in some feeder club you've inherited.

Amateur

Make the game moddable.

That's the only way we will get all these mechanics to work as they should.

Amateur

I would like some new leagues - Saudi Arabia,New Zealand,Qatar,Cyprus? - and an improved ME.

Tactics and Match Engine Moderator

I think it will be like this.

Part-Timer

It really doesnt matter what they do, they already have my money. I trust this company. I believe each year they bring out a better product. sure its not perfect and it never will be. But I have faith I will love FM13 and drop another 1500 hours into it. Most games you will be lucky to get 30-50 hours of game play for $60. No better bang for your buck then FM.

If I had to wish for one major improvement it would be the ME and then club rep.

Im dying from anticipation as to the announcement SI finally releases about FM13. Cant blood wait! AHHHH
    Last edited by Widzew; 10-07-2012 at 21:35.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Widzew View Post
    It really doesnt matter what they do, they already have my money. I trust this company. I believe each year they bring out a better product. sure its not perfect and it never will be. But I have faith I will love FM13 and drop another 1500 hours into it. Most games you will be lucky to get 30-50 hours of game play for $60. No better bang for your buck then FM.

If I had to wish for one major improvement it would be the ME and then club rep.

Im dying from anticipation as to the announcement SI finally releases about FM13. Cant blood wait! AHHHH
    Good post and I agree

First Team Regular

It really doesnt matter what they do, they already have my money.

Attitudes like this make me so sad.

The general buying public really don't demand quality enough and clearly have far too much disposable income that they can flitter their money away on a product regardless of how good it actually is.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post

The general buying public really don't demand quality enough and clearly have far too much disposable income that they can flitter their money away on a product regardless of how good it actually is.
    Or he could be acknowledging the quality of product they bring out every year and with that guarantee they have his money. Of course the quality of game is up for argument but with so much depth to this game the could do this/ could do that is an endless list that will never be attained. Simulators are like that. And the better they become the more demanding the customer.

Part-Timer

Those 2 comments go together with the rest of my post. Reading them without reading the rest takes my words out of context. This company has earned my trust over the last 10-12 years. I can't say that about any other gaming company to be honest.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by nickdc View Post
    Or he could be acknowledging the quality of product they bring out every year and with that guarantee they have his money. Of course the quality of game is up for argument but with so much depth to this game the could do this/ could do that is an endless list that will never be attained. Simulators are like that. And the better they become the more demanding the customer.
    You hit the nail on the head there. Spot on

First Team Regular

Those 2 comments go together with the rest of my post. Reading them without reading the rest takes my words out of context. This company has earned my trust over the last 10-12 years. I can't say that about any other gaming company to be honest.
    I do understand. But my post still stands as my view, and I still think it's not a good thing.

Part-Timer

I do understand. But my post still stands as my view, and I still think it's not a good thing.
    I totally agree with the rest of your post. I dont want SI to turn into a blizzard where they could slap a Diablo or StarCraft sticker on horse manure and 15 million mindless people would wait all night to get it on launch day. Kind of what happend with Diablo 3 in my own opinion but thats an argument for another post and another thread not this one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast