+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [FM12] Taking Liechtenstein to the Top

Amateur

Just a couple of things that have popped up a game later -

500 games and my very first link to another club! On top of that, another Liechtenstein club. Not that I'm gonna even think about leaving.

Youth Team

Lichtenstein is going slow but steady. Nice to see you climbing out of the basement on the international side of things.

Always nice to have a link with another club.

Part-Timer

Looking very good for you this year, Zeireis appears to have made the difference.

Third Team

Looking good so far,it's in your hands and I hope you pull it off.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Lichtenstein is going slow but steady. Nice to see you climbing out of the basement on the international side of things.
    Thanks! Hopefully we can get further out this year!

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Always nice to have a link with another club.
    Yeah, it is. Shows that you really are making progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    Looking very good for you this year, Zeireis appears to have made the difference.
    He has, set up so many goals this season and slotted home a lot as well. He's still pretty young as well, so a long way to go for him I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Looking good so far,it's in your hands and I hope you pull it off.
    Well, look no further then the update that's about to arrive ;)

Reserves

Looking good there keep it up!

Amateur

FC Ruggell April - May/ End of Season Review

April 2025

Ruggell went into the last part of the season 7 points clear at the top, and with promotion so close, they wanted to continue their form. It started out perfectly with a 2-1 win over Thalwil, before losing 2-0 in their manager's 500th game for the club to Tuggen. Not the best way to say thanks to their long serving manager. However, it would matter little as thanks to some slip ups by YF Juventus, Ruggell won the league against Appenzell in a 2-0 victory.

May 2025

The league was secure, but Ruggell had no intention of taking their off off the pedal. They extended their lead at the top with three wins in May, starting off with a 3-1 victory over Wiedikon, where a Schneider brace broke his record at the club for most league goals scored in a season. They followed this up with a 1-0 win over Gossau, before Schneider equalled, but not quite broke the record of 31 goals scored in a 1. Lig Gruppe 3 season with 4 goals in the club 5-0 win over Grasshoppers U21.

Promotion!!! Well deserved in the end, we scored the most goals and conceded the least in the league and in our history. Next season Challenge league is, as the name implies, going to be a challenging season. I'd be happy with survival to be honest.

Squad | Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

Finances are crap, let's not speak of them again.

Youth Prospects

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - Mostly played off the bench. Contract runs out this off season, and I can't afford to keep him on. Goodbye, our most loyal servant.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Decent year on the right flank, chipped in a few assists. The left side was much more productive.

Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - First time he's scored more goals than played games this season, and it's easy to see why. Broke the 200 goals barrier this season. Quite simply, a legend.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Again, very solid as an anchor man. Played every game this season and was exceptional in most of them.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Decent year at the back, I have a feeling he might be exposed a bit at the next level.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Kai Arndt also had a good year, but I think he might be a bit more suited to life in the next tier.

Ernst Jung (YP11) - Ernst Jung will have no troubles stepping up. He is fantastic, from his attributes to his contribution on field.

Maximilian Riechel (YP12) - 16 assists say everything from a very productive season from the left wing back. That's double the amount from Keller on the right!

Stefan Zieries (YP13) - Unbelievable first season. 14 goals and 13 assists from the striker, exactly what I was looking for in a target man. will only get better as well, I mean it took Schneider about 3 seasons to get into it fully.

Code:

FC Ruggell Season by Season |Season | Tier | Position | Swiss Cup | What Happened? | |---------------------------------------------------------------| |2011/12 | 6th | 1st | 1st Round | Promotion! | |2012/13 | 5th | 1st | 4th Round | Promotion!! | |2013/14 | 4th | 5th | 4th Round | Nothing | |2014/15 | 4th | 7th | 1st Round | Nothing | |2015/16 | 4th | 3rd | 1st Round | Nothing | |2016/17 | 4th | 2nd | 5th Round | Nothing | |2017/18 | 4th | 2nd | 6th Round | Nothing | |2018/19 | 4th | 1st | 1st Round | Promotion!!! | |2019/20 | 3rd | 5th | 5th Round | IAC Semis | |2020/21 | 3rd | 5th | 4th Round | Consolidation | |2021/22 | 3rd | 2nd | 5th Round | IAC Semis | |2022/23 | 3rd | 2nd | Runners Up | Swiss Cup Finalist| |2023/24 | 3rd | 3rd | 5th Round | Nothing but draws | |2024/25 | 3rd | 1st | 5th Round | Promotion!!!! | -----------------------------------------------------------------

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Looking good there keep it up!
    Cheers Rancer We definitely did keep it up!

Amateur

Just to add to my increasing reputation in Switzerland -

First I was linked to the Young Boys job after their manager retired. He only joined last season but led thme to the league title and also made them the first Swiss team to progress past the Champions League group stages in this save. Young Boys have been the most dominant team in Switzerland in recent years, winning the past 4 Super League titles.

As expected, nothing came from Young Boys, but this came out of the blue! Recently promoted to the Super League, it would have been a major step up from my current role. But no, I will not be leaving my club.

Reserves

A well deserved promotion done in style. Some things are well worth waiting for.

Great Job on achieving promotion. Sad you are letting Jokubowski leave though. He was your "Star" a couple of tiers down.

Amateur

Congrats on promotion finally removed the draws from your system!

Amateur

Well done!
    Looks like the second striker really made the difference

Youth Team

Congrats on promotion!! It's nice that others are beginning to notice you as well

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    A well deserved promotion done in style. Some things are well worth waiting for.
    Thanks! It was definitely an emphatic way to gain promotion, our best season by far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatTraveler View Post
    Great Job on achieving promotion. Sad you are letting Jokubowski leave though. He was your "Star" a couple of tiers down.
    Yeah, it was with a heavy heart, but I was well and truly over my wage budget. In order to keep my new stars, some players had to go. It's sad, but hopefully there won't be too many more of the Youth Prospects that will have to go because they are outclassed in the next division.

Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Congrats on promotion finally removed the draws from your system!
    Thanks I knew after last season it was only a matter of time before we clicked. Sometimes you need that poor season before you can progress.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin View Post
    Well done!
    Looks like the second striker really made the difference
    Thanks! Ziereis has been a revelation for the club, he will only get better. I'd say by the time he reaches 20, he'll be better than Schneider is currently (and that is a scary thought with those two leading the line)

Congrats on promotion!! It's nice that others are beginning to notice you as well
    Thanks! It really does feel good, but at the same time it makes me long for a journeyman save. But then I play another game and I'm back to being addicted to Ruggell

Amateur

Here's a spectacular match! I don't know how I got this win, we were completely outclassed.

FC Schaffhausen 0 - 1 Ruggell

Also just found this in my board overview, but don't remember ever seeing a news article announcing it...

Sion just bid for Ziereis, of course I wouldn't accept such a small amount. Still, he must have decent potential to be wanted by a Super League side.
    Last edited by Scarman; 06-05-2012 at 09:04.

Always nice to see something good happening without you realising .

Third Team

Massive congrats on promotion and a new stadium,hope you can survive the challenge league.

I love how the board will reject my offer for my stadium one day, and then build it on their own the next

Youth Team

Congrats on the stadium! Just take it and run

Reserves

Gratz on the new stadium. Hopefully they won't loan a lot of money tho to fund building the new stadium.

Reserves

The new stadium should be a great asset.

Are you a Ruggell legend yet? If so, maybe the stadium will be named after you. Or it will be Ruggell Arena

Amateur

Always nice to see something good happening without you realising.
    Massive congrats on promotion and a new stadium,hope you can survive the challenge league.
    I love how the board will reject my offer for my stadium one day, and then build it on their own the next
    Congrats on the stadium! Just take it and run
    Gratz on the new stadium. Hopefully they won't loan a lot of money tho to fund building the new stadium.
    The new stadium should be a great asset.
    It was a huge surprise, but I'm not going to expect to to go through (unless the chairman takes out a massive loan). I screwed up my preseason friendlies and made them for July/August by accident and when I found out all of the high revenue teams had friendlies prepared. So basically we're 1.2mil in debt Luckily we have a mid season break, so I'll make up some money then (hopefully).

Are you a Ruggell legend yet? If so, maybe the stadium will be named after you. Or it will be Ruggell Arena
    Not even on the Favoured Personnel Schneider's a legend though, maybe he'll get to play in his own stadium

Also, one game away from end of September. We're out of the cup but in a position that no one would be expecting ;)
    Last edited by Scarman; 07-05-2012 at 07:24.

Amateur

FC Ruggell PreSeason/July - September Review

PreSeason 2025

Fixtures

July 2025

Ruggell's first venture into the 2nd flight of Swiss football was promised as a tough adventure. However, the club seemed to fit right in with a perfect great to the season. They first defeated Winterthur 2-0, before Lausanne came from behind to draw 1-1 with the Liechtenstein club..

August 2025

Eager to continue this positive start to the new campaign, Ruggell held out FC Schaffhausen 1-0 before defeating recently relegated Servette by the same score. They then unleashed on Forward-Morges in the cup, winning 6-0. Ruggell returned to the league with even more confidence, and shot to the top of the league by defeating Malley 3-1 and Lugano 2-1. They were then handed a tough tie in the cup against fellow Challenge League side Wil, but won in a breathtaking game 5-2. The month finished in dominating style, defeating Kriens 3-0

September 2026

September turned out to be a tough month for Ruggell. The early month internationals saw both Karl-Heinz Heinrich and Arvid Keller injured for extended periods of time. The first match didn't show any signs of missing though, as Ruggell accounted for Wil 3-1. However, they ended their unbeaten run with a 2-0 loss to Bienne, before bowing out of the Swiss Cup on penalties to Serrieres. They finished the month with another loss, 3-1 to Breitenrain. Keller, and particularly Heinrich were sorely missed this month, and will be out for most of October as well.

Wow! Top of the table in my first season! Fantastic season so far, still a long way to go and our recent form hasn't been fantastic, but I'm confident we can continue in decent fashion, even if we drop down to mid table. We still haven't played the two Liechtenstein clubs, Eschen/Mauren and Vaduz. Eschen/Mauren is our next game while we don't play Vaduz until November (which is our last game of the first half of the season, potentially setting up an interesting ending to the league season if we are both at the top half of the table when we play on the final day). Schneider has fit in perfectly to the Challenge League, scoring in all but two games and grabbing 14 goals in 13 games.

Last edited by Scarman; 07-05-2012 at 10:55.

Reserves

More great progress!

Semi Pro

Having been away from the forum for a while, there are plenty of threads to catch up one.

This one is terrific

Amateur
    A journeyman currently at Szolnoki (Hungary)

Excellent start in the new league. KUTGW

Third Team

Wow,that is a brilliant start.Hope you can keep that up

Youth Team

Brilliant start, Scarman!

Amateur

More great progress!
    Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    Having been away from the forum for a while, there are plenty of threads to catch up one.

This one is terrific
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Pike View Post
    Excellent start in the new league. KUTGW
    Wow,that is a brilliant start.Hope you can keep that up
    Brilliant start, Scarman!
    Cheers fellas It's been an incredible start. Two bits of news items that are pretty good for the club -

First, the board is finally going to try and bail out the club's debts after sinking to 1.2mil in the red.

And another job available to me! My reputation grows haha
    Last edited by Scarman; 08-05-2012 at 05:57.

I would be tempted to go to Basel, but I'm guessing you are staying with Ruggell until the end?

Amateur

I would be tempted to go to Basel, but I'm guessing you are staying with Ruggell until the end?
    If I were playing a journeyman save I would on my merry way to Basel, but Liechtenstein is my home in this save ;)

And Ruggell is my Liecntenstein home as we now have the best club in the nation now as well. We beat both Eschen/Mauren and Vaduz 1-0

Hi! Very good work!!
    But where did you find the 6th tier of the Switzerland football system? Thanks!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Stefaninoinoino View Post
    Hi! Very good work!!
    But where did you find the 6th tier of the Switzerland football system? Thanks!
    The link is in the OP

Amateur

FC Ruggell October - December Review

October 2025

October began with a match against fellow Liechtenstein club Eschen/Mauren, in which Ruggell would use to test themselves against another strong club in the Challenge League. A goal from Liechtenstein prodigy Stefan Ziereis secured a 1-0 win. This was followed by two games which Ruggell would hope to gain maximum points from, and they succeeded in doing so defeating Le Mont LS 2-1 and Entlebuch 1-0.

November 2025

A trip to Stade Nyonnais' home would open November for Ruggell, and the refs gave them a great start with two penalties leading to a 3-0 victory. They followed this up with a victory over Vaduz before the international break. They returned to face title challenges Lausanne who broke Ruggell's winning streak with a 1-0 win and brought the lead at the top of the table down to 3 points. Ruggell finished the month with a strong 2-0 win over Winterthur.

December 2025

December would see another tough run of games, playing regular promotion candidates Schaffhausen and recently relegated Servette FC. Things got off to a great start with a 2-0 win over Schaffhausen, before travelling to Servette's home ground. The home side took the lead early, and despite Ruggell equalising, took a lead into half time with a second goal. Kai Arndt rescued his club though, with a well taken header.

And we keep our lead somehow. If only we didn't lose to Lausanne, we would be a long way in front. I'm thinking at the very least we'll get a chance to playoff against 2nd last in the Super League for promotion, but I really want to keep the top spot. We do have some tough games in the run in though. Simply an amazing season so far.

Amateur

Liechtenstein 2025 Review

Senior

Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Rankings

Only one win from my charges this year, and that was enough to see us gain three spots in the rankings at the end of the year. There's still a long way to go for this nation, we don't have any real star player or depth from our first 11.

U21

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

A few wins for the U21's, enough to see off Estonia to not get last spot in their group.

U19

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

Didn't get the easiest qualifying group, and it showed with their only wins coming from friendlies.

Code:

Liechtenstein World Rankings |Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference | |------------------------------------------------------------| |Start | - | - | 119 | - | |2011 | 184 | 119 | 145 | -26 | |2012 | 103 | 145 | 185 | -40 | |2013 | 161 | 185 | 137 | +48 | |2014 | 72 | 137 | 187 | -50 | |2015 | 49 | 187 | 202 | -15 | |2016 | 66 | 202 | 197 | +5 | |2017 | 26 | 197 | 206 | -9 | |2018 | 15 | 206 | 208 | -2 | |2019 | 37 | 208 | 205 | +3 | |2020 | 15 | 205 | 208 | -3 | |2021 | 34 | 208 | 203 | +5 | |2022 | 27 | 203 | 204 | -1 | |2023 | 45 | 204 | 204 | 0 | |2024 | 65 | 204 | 198 | +6 | |2025 | 65 | 198 | 195 | +3 | --------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Scarman; 09-05-2012 at 03:20.

Reserves

Very good work so far keep it up!

Youth Team

Very good with Ruggell. Should be able to hold onto the top spot.
    Last edited by cerud; 10-05-2012 at 21:51.

Amateur

Cheers rancer & cerud! It's becoming pretty tight at the top and both us and Lausanne have been slipping up a little bit.

FC Ruggell Youth Intake 2026

Pretty short udate this one, because the players that came through were pretty bad. One player promises to be a star of the future though.

Sebastian Zimmermann (YP14) - Forgot to grab the coach report of this fella, but he has the potential to be better than Sebastian Schneider (same as Stefan Ziereis). His determination makes me think he has a better chance of fulfilling his potential than Zieries. Pretty quick, I can imagine him, Ziereis and Schneider leading the line in a few years, The Three S's for Ruggell/Liechtenstein.

The game between my Youths and the Candidates finsihed 1-1, with Zimmermann grabbing a goal.

Zimmermann looks a pretty decent player.

Amateur

Zimmerman like Zimmerman, but that is a really really good sequence of good results in the league. Congrats!

Reserves

Even if you're not top in the end it would be a great season.

Third Team

Excellent progress in the league and a nice prospect in Zimmerman as well.

Amateur

Do you think that after hypothethical promotion your team could won't be relegated next season?

Sorry for my English, I don't always write it, but I have many doubts about above sentence. Especially latter part. :/

Amateur

Zimmermann looks a pretty decent player.
    He does, he hasn't started yet though so we'll just have to wait to see how he develops

Quote Originally Posted by Ratonbox View Post
    Zimmerman like Zimmerman, but that is a really really good sequence of good results in the league. Congrats!
    Thanks, it been pretty surprising to say the least!

Even if you're not top in the end it would be a great season.
    Agreed, this season has been incredible for a new league.

Excellent progress in the league and a nice prospect in Zimmerman as well.
    Cheers, it'll be interesting to see him develop

Quote Originally Posted by nie jem frytek View Post
    Do you think that after hypothethical promotion your team could won't be relegated next season?

Sorry for my English, I don't always write it, but I have many doubts about above sentence. Especially latter part. :/
    Your English is pretty good I think if I get promoted I will be relegated straight away, there is too much of a class difference between the top teams and the bottom. Something like 25 points separate the top 8 from the other 2 teams.

Amateur

FC Ruggell MidSeason/February - March Review

MidSeason 2026

Fixtures

Arranged the friendlies that I couldn't in the preseason, and got back into the black for the first time in some time. Will most likely be back in the red at the end of the season, barring prize money.

February 2026

Ruggell resumed the season with a home game to last placed Malley, eager to restart their promotion hopes. Things went accoring to plan as Schneider slotted the only goal of the match to ensure Ruggell won the only game of the month.

March 2026

March promised to be a tough month for the club, with two away games coming up. First was a trip to top half side Lugano, and in a cagey affair neither team could break the deadlock. Then followed as trip to Kriens, who at that stage were in the relegation places. An anticipated victory for Ruggell turned into disaster as Kriens picked apart the Liechtenstein club, winning 3-0. This saw Lausanne take top spot on goal difference. The final match of the month saw a home game against Wil, who despite scoring every goal in the game, lost 2-1. A very shaky month for Ruggell.

We're lucky Lausanne slipped up and drew, so we take back top spot by 2 points. We're spluttering into the end of the season, but so is Lausanne thankfully (though they did have a better month, picking up 1 extra point. We also scored no goals in March, relying on two own goals for our win. Something needs to change fast if we're to keep top spot.

Tight at the top, but I am confident you will claim the league title.

Third Team

Too close for my liking,hope you can come out on top.

Tight at the top AND at the bottom. Hopefully you can keep first place. Do you play Laussane in the run-in?

Youth Team

Hopefully Laussane keeps sputtering. I've found that towards the end of the season, many top teams end up missing out on chances, which can help

Amateur

Amazing year so far! Hope you can keep it up and promote!

Amateur

Tight at the top, but I am confident you will claim the league title.
    Cheers SRL

Too close for my liking,hope you can come out on top.
    Yeah, I would prefer to have a 4 point buffer at least incase we slip up, but oh well.

Tight at the top AND at the bottom. Hopefully you can keep first place. Do you play Laussane in the run-in?
    Didn't notice how tight is was at relegation Nah, we've already played them twice, drew at home and lost away.

Hopefully Laussane keeps sputtering. I've found that towards the end of the season, many top teams end up missing out on chances, which can help
    Thanks cerud! We have a decent run in, only top teams we have to play are Breitenrain and Vaduz on the last day, so hopefully we don't drop points.

Amazing year so far! Hope you can keep it up and promote!
    Thanks cswalk

Part-Timer

Reading through this thread was a couple of hours well spent! You've done amazingly well with Ruggell, becoming the best Liechtensteiner team with only youth players is no mean feat. Good luck with your promotion challenge, hope you can hold on!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Reading through this thread was a couple of hours well spent! You've done amazingly well with Ruggell, becoming the best Liechtensteiner team with only youth players is no mean feat. Good luck with your promotion challenge, hope you can hold on!
    Cheers Dave

Amateur

FC Ruggell April - May/End of Season Review

April 2026

April began with both title challenges facing tough challenges - Ruggell hosted Breitenrain while Lausanne played Vaduz. Both teams managed wins, though Ruggell's wasn't particularly convincing. Their manage recgnised the need for change, and changed his previous 4-2-2-2 tactic to a more offensive 4-3-3, with Schneider, Ziereis and Zimmermann all lining up together for the first time. It paid dividends straight away, with Zimmermann scoring a hattrick in his first ever start. Meanwhile, Lausanne slipped up and lost giving Ruggell and 5 point lead at the top. They maintained this lead with a 2-1 win over Eschen/Mauren, before the final game of April brought the gap back to 3 as Lausanne won while Ruggell drew with Le Mont LS. It would be a very tight finish to the season.

May 2026

The 3 point gap was kept after the first game of May, both drew with their opposition. Then came the defining round of the competition. Lausanne needed a win to ensure they maintain in the hunt, a draw if Ruggell drew, while a loss would see them loss out if the Liechtenstein club could pick up any points. And that's exactly what happened, as Servette defeated Lausanne while Ruggell secured the title and promotion with a 1-0 win over Stade Nyonnais. Ruggell celebrated and obviously didn't take the final game seriously as Vaduz defeated them on the final day 1-0. It didn't matter to the Ruggell fans, they had secured consecutive promotions.

I really can't believe this season, it's been unbelievable. I think we got a lot of luck this year, and I don't think we can ride that luck into the Super League. The goals next season: don't be humiliated in relegation and take advantage of the money.

Squad | Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

Prize money and the mid season friendlies have given us a pretty good balance at the end of the season.

Youth Prospects

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Had a good season with a lot of assists contributed. Injury set him back a bit though, and probably will get exposed a lot at the net level.

Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - Started brilliantly at the beginning of the season but faded a bit afterwards. Still had a pretty good season.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - First time in a while he hasn't played every game for the club. Played decently but not his best season.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Exposed at times and not really as good at this level as he has been.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Very good season, didn't look out of place in the league.

Ernst Jung (YP11) - As above, had a good season. Worked well as an anchorman, breaking up a lot of dangerous plays.

Maximilian Riechel (YP12) - Not as productive on the wings as he has been previously, not even reaching 5 assists. Disappointing year in offence, but was pretty good at the back.

Stefan Ziereis (YP13) - Very good year with 12 goals and 10 assists.

Sebastian Zimmermann (YP14) - Had a pretty good introduction to the team, with 4 goals in 6. First two appearances were off the bench, while in his first start he scored a hattrick.

Final bits of news from the season; Ruggell Stadium is officially announced, the club turns pro and perhaps the most surprising of all... It turns out Vaduz aren't coded to automatically enter the Europa League, but it is the Liechtenstein club who finishes the highest placed in the league structure. This is the first season Vaduz haven't finished the highest, so I had no idea until now. But we're in the Europa League! Makes it a bit sad though, as it probably means no Champions League ever, but at least I can become the minor champions of Europe

Code:

FC Ruggell Season by Season |Season | Tier | Position | Swiss Cup | What Happened? | |---------------------------------------------------------------| |2011/12 | 6th | 1st | 1st Round | Promotion! | |2012/13 | 5th | 1st | 4th Round | Promotion!! | |2013/14 | 4th | 5th | 4th Round | Nothing | |2014/15 | 4th | 7th | 1st Round | Nothing | |2015/16 | 4th | 3rd | 1st Round | Nothing | |2016/17 | 4th | 2nd | 5th Round | Nothing | |2017/18 | 4th | 2nd | 6th Round | Nothing | |2018/19 | 4th | 1st | 1st Round | Promotion!!! | |2019/20 | 3rd | 5th | 5th Round | IAC Semis | |2020/21 | 3rd | 5th | 4th Round | Consolidation | |2021/22 | 3rd | 2nd | 5th Round | IAC Semis | |2022/23 | 3rd | 2nd | Runners Up | Swiss Cup Finalist| |2023/24 | 3rd | 3rd | 5th Round | Nothing but draws | |2024/25 | 3rd | 1st | 5th Round | Promotion!!!! | |2025/26 | 2nd | 1st | 3rd Round | Promotion!!!!! | -----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Scarman; 12-05-2012 at 03:13.

Amateur

FIFA 2026 World Cup

Hosts - Mexico

Holders - Belgium

Group Stage

Group A - Turkey (7); Mexico (7); Uruguay (3); Egypt (0).
    Group B - England (7); Spain (7); Chile (3); Japan (0).
    Group C - Ivory Coast (7); Czech Republic (6); Costa Rice (3); Romania (1).
    Group D - Wales (7); Saudi Arabia (5); Brazil (4); Canada (0).
    Group E - Italy (6); Morocco (6); Germany (4); South Korea (0).
    Group F - Netherlands (9); Portugal (6); DR Congo (3); Iran (0).
    Group G - Croatia (7); Argentina (6); Nigeria (2); USA (1).
    Group H - France (9); Columbia (6); Honduras (3); Denmark (0).

Second Round

Spain 1 - 1p Turkey
    England 3 - 0 Mexico
    Ivory Coast 4 - 3 Saudi Arabia
    Wales 3 - 2 Czech Republic
    Portugal 0 - 2 Italy
    Netherlands 2 - 0 Morocco
    Croatia 1 - 0 Columbia
    France 2 - 0 Argentina

Quarter Final

Turkey p1 - 1 Wales
    England 1 - 1p Ivory Coast
    Italy 2 - 1 France
    Netherlands 1 - 0 Croatia

Semi Final

Turkey 0 - 2 Netherlands
    Ivory Coast 2 - 1 Italy

Third Place Playoff

Turkey 4 - 0 Italy

Final

Netherlands 3 - 0 Ivory Coast

Golden Boot - Roger Dja Djedje (France)
    Golden Shoe - Roger Dja Djedje; 7 goals (France)
    Best Goalkeeper - Chris Ferguson (England)
    Best Young Player - Wim Ketting (Netherlands)

Amateur

Just a few things that I thought might be a bit interesting.

First, the past winners. As you can seee, Young Boys have really been the dominant team in Switzerland recently.

Next, just to show how far behind we actually are in terms of finances. There's a surprisingly lot of money going around up top.

Next up, the reputation of the Swiss clubs. Young Boys aren't even rated the top team for some reason.

Finally, just to show the massive gap the opened up between the top 8 and the bottom two, last years table!

I went into the next season a bit just to see who we wuld be playing in the Europa League - turns out it will be Lithuanian club Kaunus.

Finally, it may be a bit late to label two of them "Youth Prospects" as they've been in the first tem for a few season, I've decided to make these next three players YP15-17 simply because they have developed/are developing into class players.

Karl-Heinz Heinrichs - YP15
    Dennis Hofmann - YP16
    Phillipp Bender - YP17

Amateur

FC Ruggell's Short Lived Europa League Campaign

Second Qualifying Round

FC Ruggell 1 - 0 FBK Kaunas

A good start to our the clubs first ever foray into Europe, pleasing the home fans with a victory. It was a dominate performance by us, and we were lucky only to have scored one. Made me nervous though, only taking the 1-0 lead to Lithuania, they could turn it on in front of their home fans.

FBK Kaunas 0 - 1 FC Ruggell

Same result in the away game, with Schneider finding the net this time. Another great performance in which we should have scored more.

FC Ruggell progress 2 - 0 on aggregate.

Third Qualifying Round

Maritimo 0 - 0 FC Ruggell

Next up were Portuguese club Maritimo, where we would be tested immensely. We were lucky to escape with the draw, and it gave me hope that we could win at home.

FC Ruggell 0 - 1 Maritimo

Unfortunately, the Portuguese club were too strong for us, as we slumped to a 1-0 defeat at home. A good learning curve though, should hold us in decent stead for next years competition.

Maritimo progress 1 - 0 on aggregate.

In league news, we started very poorly in the league, losing our first 3 games 3-0 to Sion, 3-1to Young Boys and 1-0 to Luzern respectively. However, we've finally picked up our first points with a 4-2 win over Zurich. Schneider was inspirational,scoring a hattrick as we raced to a 4-0 lead, before they scored 2 in the last 5 minutes to make the scoreline a bit more respectable.

Also just noticed that the 4-2 win racked up my total goals to 1000 exactly. Wish I took a screenshot of that, but alas I noticed that I had 1002 after my next game, a 2-1 international friendly defeat of Chinese Taipai.
    Last edited by Scarman; 12-05-2012 at 12:50.

Part-Timer

Well done on promotion - did you say how big the new stadium is as i didn't see it.
    At least you didn't have to worry about the HG rules for the euro cup but good of your ass man to remind you
    Getting a portugese club was tough but it looked close.

Reserves

No shame being so close against Maritimo.

Amateur

Well done on promotion - did you say how big the new stadium is as i didn't see it.
    At least you didn't have to worry about the HG rules for the euro cup but good of your ass man to remind you
    Getting a portugese club was tough but it looked close.
    Cheers Sorry, I should have said the capacity, forgot the news item didn't show it! The capacity will be 4525, bit of a weird number but almost 6 times the amount of capacity we currently have!

No shame being so close against Maritimo.
    Cheers delta, I was hoping for an easier tie but you're right, Maritimo were always going to be a tough team and the fact I came so close to them was a great performance.

Reserves

Good luck in the Super League. Good Europa League run and hope you can avoid relegation.

Amateur

Congrats on going up, beat up on those Young Boys! Wait...that doesn't sound right.

Did you get any extra money from the EL?

Youth Team

The top league in Switzerland! Congrats and best of luck!

Great work on promotion mate.

Amateur

Awesome results. Congratulations on the promotion!
    Didn't expect to see the team so fast in the first league.

Amateur

Congrats on promotion, but... this Europa League entry don't sounds good. So no Champions League in the future at all?

Amateur

been reading up on the last pages. amazing thread! amazing career. looking forward to keep reading

Amateur

Good luck in the Super League. Good Europa League run and hope you can avoid relegation.
    Cheers rancer! Hasn't been the best start in the league but things do look like they could turn around.

Congrats on going up, beat up on those Young Boys! Wait...that doesn't sound right.
    Haha them Young Boys sure are tough these days...

Did you get any extra money from the EL?
    I got some money, probably about 500k all up. Not bad really though, our finances have been sticking together this season!

The top league in Switzerland! Congrats and best of luck!
    Cheers! Hopefully the team can stay there.

Great work on promotion mate.
    Cheers SRL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratonbox View Post
    Awesome results. Congratulations on the promotion!
    Didn't expect to see the team so fast in the first league.
    Neither did I to be honest. I was expecting about 10 seasons in the Challenge league, but results seemed to go our way last season.

Congrats on promotion, but... this Europa League entry don't sounds good. So no Champions League in the future at all?
    Doesn't look like it I can still become Europa League Champions though, that itself would be an incredible achievement!

Quote Originally Posted by Persiani View Post
    been reading up on the last pages. amazing thread! amazing career. looking forward to keep reading
    Cheers fella!

Amateur

FC Ruggell PreSeason/July - September Review

PreSeason 2026

Fixtures

July 2026

The 2026/27 season would be a landmark one for Ruggell - it would be the first time in their history that they would be in a European competition. Kaunas would be their first ever opponents, and they started well in front of their home fans with a 1-0 win. Then can Ruggell's first ever game in the top flight of the Swiss football league. Sion, their former parent club, inflicted a harsh reality check on Ruggell with a 3-0 win. They followed this up with a trip to Lithuania for the return game, and won gain 1-0 to progress through to the next round of the Europa League. However, they would again lose in the Super League, with Young Boys beating them in front of their home fans 2-1, before they ended the month with an away draw in Portugal to Maritimo. A great start to their European dreams, but not a great way to begin their inaugural Super League campaign.

August 2026

Things didn't get any easier in August, losing to Luzern 1-0 away, before Maritimo beat them on the return leg by the same score. However, Ruggell finally picked up their first points of the season with a 4-2 thrashing of Zurich to put belief of surviving the drop sky high, before crashing back to Earth with an embarrassing 4-0 loss to Basel. They recovered in the cup though, their youth team putting on a good display to win 5-0, before losing in the dying minutes in a hard fought game with Neuchatel Xamax. They won again in the cup, this tim 1-0 to Zpiez before St. Gallen inflicted another loss on them to end the month.

September 2026

September began with a tough trip away to Grasshoppers. Desptie battling hard, Ruggell came away with a 2-1 loss. They followed this up by dominating Sion but were unable to pick up maximum points, coming away with a 0-0 draw. The Third Round of the cup followed, and their youth side were forced into iextra time, where Schneider and Heinrichs came on and put the game to bed. The final game of the month was played against top placed Aarau, where an even game resulted in a 0-0 draw. A better month for the struggling Liechtenstein club.

After a tough start, things are looking a bit better for us now. We should have picked up 3 points from Sion, and maybe from Aarau as well. Xamax and Grasshoppers were losses that were pretty tough to take, and Luzern was a pretty even game as well. I'm conifident we can get off the foot of the ladder, but we might have to playoff for survival in 9th place this season. Next month will be challenging - we play Young Boys in the league AND in the 4th round of the cup, as well as a Zurich side looking for revenge and a Luzern side with everything to play for for to keep us bottom. Looking for 4 points next month, 3 from Luzern and a draw with Zurich.

Youth Team

Tough league! 1 win and you'll be in safety. Hope you're able to turn it around.

Tough start, but you are with the big boys now. At least you arent cut adrift.

Reserves

Was always going to be tough at first in the Super League.

Tough beggining. Surprised to see Aaraou top after they only got 26 points last season.

Amateur

Rough start, but things appear to be turning around!

Amateur

Tough league! 1 win and you'll be in safety. Hope you're able to turn it around.
    Yeah it was pretty tight there, now we're 10 points from 9th.

Tough start, but you are with the big boys now. At least you arent cut adrift.
    Yeah, I knew I was going to struggle this season so I'm not too upset so far.

Was always going to be tough at first in the Super League.
    Definitely, these teams have had time to grow with European football.

Tough beggining. Surprised to see Aaraou top after they only got 26 points last season.
    Aarau really have been a surprise package this season They haven't exactly bought big either, I think it's more tat the other team are under performing.

Rough start, but things appear to be turning around!
    Did look that way, but we've completely dropped off the pace now.

Amateur

FC Ruggell October - December Review

October 2026

With late September looking to turn around the club's fortunes, Ruggell entered October with high hopes of obtaining a few points. Those hopes were immediately dashed with a thrashing at the hands of Young Boys, going down 5-1 in a poor display. Next up were Luzern, who were only a few points away from Ruggell bottom place. Despite starting strongly, the Liechtenstein club slumped to another loss, 3-2, before Zurich condemned to a 3rd successive loss with a 3-1 defeat. Ruggell inished off the month on a positive note though, taking out Young Boys 2-0 in the cup,though the reigning Swiss champions were using there 2nd String side.

November 2026

November began better than the previous month, with Ruggell securing a tight 1-1 draw with Basel, before grabbing the same scoreline away to Neuchatel Xamax after leading for the majority of the match. Then came the international break, and any momentum that Ruggell were looking to build ended there. St Gallen inflicted a 4-1 loss on them, before being forced to penalties by 3rd tier side Concordia in the cup. Grasshoppers inflicted another loss on the club in a game where caution was thrown to the wind, 6-3 the final score. It was an entertaining but disappointing end to the month.

December 2026

Ruggell were looking to finish out the year with some positives, but that looked unlikely when the travelled to Super League surprise packets Aarau. No surprises though in the final score, with the home side coming away with a 2-0 win. This was followed by another penalty win, again to a 3rd tier side. This time it was Martigny who forced them to the spot kicks.

Looking like I'm going to be relegated this season, though I really did expect it. I'm going to go for broke in the cup, maybe I'll find some glory there. Our quarter final opponents are Basel, so hopefully they'll play a weakened squad as they are still in the Europa League. In some games we haven't looke out of place i the league, but I think we're a few quality players short of survival in this league. Ziereis and Zimmermann have shown there inexperience, with only 7 goals between the two strikers. Schneider, on the other hand, actually leads the goal charts in the Super League with 10 goals, 16 in all competitions. He has again shown why he is the best striker Liechtenstein has produced, scoring more than half of the goals that the bottom club has scored! I'm hoping to pick up at least 12 points in total this season, so we aren't the worst side in Super League history (currently are Thun with there amazing 11 point haul last season). Maybe a miracle will present itself, but I'm already looking to next season. Going to blood a lot of youth in the hopes of developing them, and have signed almost all of our players to long term professional deals. Now here's to hoping a gem will come through the ranks this season, preferably for defence or goalkeeping.

Youth Team

Tough break in the league. Just didn't come together unfortunately. However, now that you know what it takes, you'll be better off for when you find yourself back up here

Amateur

Liechtenstein 22026 Review

Senior

Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Rankings

We picked up a couple of wins and draws which saw us shoot up the rankings to 177th. That 8-1 loss to Germany stung though, even though they are one of the best sides in the world I would have liked a bit of damage control there. Our qualifying Group isn't the easiest, but I'm hoping to pick up a few points from Iceland and Finland.

U21

Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Manager

A couple of wins and not finishing last in their group, a decent year from the nation's youth.

U19

Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Manager

Only one wins, but did pick up a few points from their qualifying group. Still not the best year from the side.

Code:

Liechtenstein World Rankings |Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference | |------------------------------------------------------------| |Start | - | - | 119 | - | |2011 | 184 | 119 | 145 | -26 | |2012 | 103 | 145 | 185 | -40 | |2013 | 161 | 185 | 137 | +48 | |2014 | 72 | 137 | 187 | -50 | |2015 | 49 | 187 | 202 | -15 | |2016 | 66 | 202 | 197 | +5 | |2017 | 26 | 197 | 206 | -9 | |2018 | 15 | 206 | 208 | -2 | |2019 | 37 | 208 | 205 | +3 | |2020 | 15 | 205 | 208 | -3 | |2021 | 34 | 208 | 203 | +5 | |2022 | 27 | 203 | 204 | -1 | |2023 | 45 | 204 | 204 | 0 | |2024 | 65 | 204 | 198 | +6 | |2025 | 65 | 198 | 195 | +3 | |2026 | 98 | 195 | 177 | +18 | --------------------------------------------------------------

Amateur

Tough break in the league. Just didn't come together unfortunately. However, now that you know what it takes, you'll be better off for when you find yourself back up here
    Yeah, the experience and the fact the club went pro will help us out for the future. Hopefully our next time up here will be a bit more successful

Reserves

Must be even a bit disappointed but it's experience in the top flight that will be very useful for the future when you come back to the Super League, hopefully in the season after next.

Nice to see Aarau avoid losing to be at the top.

Amateur

Of course I'm disappointed, but it's not something I didn't expect, the Super League is a class above everyone in Switzerland We'll come back stronger than ever!

Reserves

Just caught up on this and you are making excellent progress! As for the qualification for europe, surely if you finish in the champions league spots you should qualify for that and Vaduz would get the europa league. If that fails then just take over Vaduz as well and make them win the league while you finish second every year

Looks like a few spankings in the league. Liechtenstein continue to make steady progress.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    Just caught up on this and you are making excellent progress! As for the qualification for europe, surely if you finish in the champions league spots you should qualify for that and Vaduz would get the europa league. If that fails then just take over Vaduz as well and make them win the league while you finish second every year
    Still holding onto a slimmer of hope that I can qualify for the Champions League as a Swiss team, but that hope is pretty small. The Europa League is my destiny

Looks like a few spankings in the league. Liechtenstein continue to make steady progress.
    Just a few haha. Slow and steady is the way to go, hopefully I can crack the top 150 in the next few seasons.

Our first win in the League since August! This leaves us bottom by 9 points with 16 games to go. We play 9th placed Luzern next, so if we win we cut that down to 6 points. Survival is still a small possibility here!

Turned out to be a 1-1 draw... Gotta somehow make up 9 points in 15 games. Not impossible but highly unlikely. Still, better results at the moment.
    Last edited by Scarman; 17-05-2012 at 11:47.

Reserves

Good that things are starting to look a little better.

Youth Team

A nice solid win against top opposition!

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

Big game against Luzern then, hopefully beating Young Boys will give your team the confidence to fight for survival!

Unlucky this season. hopefully the next time in the SL will be better.

Amateur

How do you managed to keep Schneider all the time? He's good even at that level.

Part-Timer

Tough start, although I guess you always knew it was going to be. Hopefully you can salvage some pride in the cup and bounce back stronger next year!

Amateur

Good that things are starting to look a little better.
    Yeah, if we can gather some form we'll be in good stead when we come back into the league.

A nice solid win against top opposition!
    Cheers, it was atually a pretty even game. Young Boys have been disappointing this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    Big game against Luzern then, hopefully beating Young Boys will give your team the confidence to fight for survival!
    I hoped so, but the 1-1 draw with Luzern was followed by a string a heavy losses.

Unlucky this season. hopefully the next time in the SL will be better.
    I hope so too, it might be a few yo-yo seasons before we can survive though. As long as we continue to make money, which will be easier after June 2028 with our new stadium, and continue to feature in Europe, I thinnk we will go a long way to survival in maybe our 2nd or 2rd attempt.

How do you managed to keep Schneider all the time? He's good even at that level.
    Yeah, he's been great! He wanted to leave easlier in the save, back when we were in the 3rd tier, but I calmed him down and resigned him. Next season we were in the Challenge league and that seemed like a big enough league as far as he was concerned. When we turned pro at the beginning of the year he was one of many players I signed to a long term 5 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Tough start, although I guess you always knew it was going to be. Hopefully you can salvage some pride in the cup and bounce back stronger next year!
    Yeah it's been tough, the cup turned out a bit disappointing as you will see soon. As long as we ccan get more than 11 points (which is Thun's "record" of least points) we can say we weren't the worst team in Super League history

Amateur

FC Ruggell 2027 Youth Intake

Oliver Hopp - YP18 (Coach Report) - Pretty good looking CB with a fair bit of potenital. Decent physical attributes for his age, hopefully will develop into a first team regular.

Alfons Wolff - YP19 (Coach Report) - Another pacey striker with decent potential. While having all this backup is good, I wish I could get a striker more suited to a target man role.

Christopher Jansen - Signed because he has a bit of potential. Don't really use wingers though so I'll just develop him a bit before seeing him move on.

Andy Franke - Joins a list of defensive midfielders, but probably the worst of the lot. Really just signed for backup.

Andre Vogel - Goalkeeper with a bit of potential, but again, won't be anything more than a backup in the long run.

Youth Candidates 5 - 2 Ruggell U18's

Really wish that my Youth Recruitment could be expanded, but whenever I check it's the same cut back options. Does anyone know the requirements? Does it tie into the stadium, professional status or how well you do in the top league? I guess I'll have to wait until my new stadium comes around to see if we can expand it, I'm sick at looking at all these youngsters from Ruggell, Schaan and Vaduz. Those are the only cities that my youngsters have come from!

Amateur

FC Ruggell MidSeason/February - March Review

MidSeason 2027

Fixtures

Same type of mid season as always, just regaining all the money I've lost so far, and a bit more to compensate for what I'm about to lose. Won't need as many of these when I get m new stadium hopefully.

February 2027

Ruggell began the second half of the season with a trip to former parent club Sion, a team who they generally shared an even match with. This game was no different, but despite both teams playing well, the home team snuck out with a 1-0 win. Ruggell then returned to Liechtenstein to face Young Boys, where they scored another win over the reigning champions, this time a 1-0 victory were Florian Fehr scored the only goal of the game. This put them within 9 points of the "safety" of the relegation playoff.They would need to win their next game though to stand a chance of making it thrrough to next season. However, Luzern held on for a 1-1 draw to keep the 9 point buffer leading into the closing months of the season.

March 2027

While their league season had been abysmal, Ruggell were looking for some glory in the Swiss Cup, where their next opponents were top placed Basel. They took the lead twice through goals from Stefan Ziereis, but Basel fought back both times to win 3-2. It was harsh for the Liechtenstein club, as Ziereis also had two goals ruled out for offside, with one of the decisions looking very tough indeed. This tight loss led to a massive slump in form though, as Ruggell failed to score again that month, losing 3- to Zurich and Basel, 1-0 to Neuchatel Xamax and 2-0 to Grasshoppers.

We've got a catch up game to St Gallen, but now any faint glimmer of hope I had for surviving is gone. March was simply a horrendous month. I haven't seen my team play so badly ever! For the rest of the season, I'm going to blood youth and hope to give some teams headaches in their run in. I might be able to be the cause of some teams missing out on European football! That would be special haha.

Oh, also, in the March European Championship qualifying game against Poland, Liechtenstein won 3-1, shooting the national team up to 124th in the world!

Last edited by Scarman; 19-05-2012 at 01:36.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Scarman View Post

Really wish that my Youth Recruitment could be expanded, but whenever I check it's the same cut back options. Does anyone know the requirements? Does it tie into the stadium, professional status or how well you do in the top league? I guess I'll have to wait until my new stadium comes around to see if we can expand it, I'm sick at looking at all these youngsters from Ruggell, Schaan and Vaduz. Those are the only cities that my youngsters have come from!
    As far as i know the only way to increase youth recruitment is due to reputation, winning the cup and establishing the team in the top half of the super league should do it. Last year was terrible for improving it but that has been sorted this year i think.

Amateur

As far as i know the only way to increase youth recruitment is due to reputation, winning the cup and establishing the team in the top half of the super league should do it. Last year was terrible for improving it but that has been sorted this year i think.
    Ok, I thought it'd be something like that Might be quite a few seasons before I can increase mine then.

Also, had today completely to myself so I got through the final 11 games of the season. Will get the update up soonish

First though, the news item for my 600th game!

Last edited by Scarman; 19-05-2012 at 12:05.

Reserves

Ouch, tough lesson.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast