+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [FM12] Taking Liechtenstein to the Top

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Will be tough to catch Schaan from there. They have made a cracking start.

Amateur

I'm enjoying this, I also had a go at the Liechtenstein challenge but with Vaduz. I did manage to get to the last 16 of the Europa league but my game was ruined when I found out that for some reason the national team wasn't available to play as.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you can get promoted.

Not a bad start, but you need to hope Shawn have a bad run if you want promotion

Amateur

Enjoying this!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    A good start to the league. Having only a single promotion spot makes it a tough run!
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's only one promotion place in all the leagues in Switzerland, exception being the promotion to the 1st tier where there is a promotion playoff against the 2nd worst side in the 1st tier. Makes it pretty difficult because even if you have a great season, a couple of stuff ups and suddenly you're not promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Will be tough to catch Schaan from there. They have made a cracking start.
    Schaan have definitely made a better start then I would have expected. Must be the fellow Liechtenstein blood I have gotten to halfway through November now and they only have a 2 point lead over us. We ould have overtaken them actually but we lost to Ibach :/

Quote Originally Posted by Rick87 View Post
    I'm enjoying this, I also had a go at the Liechtenstein challenge but with Vaduz. I did manage to get to the last 16 of the Europa league but my game was ruined when I found out that for some reason the national team wasn't available to play as.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you can get promoted.
    Hmm the Liechtenstein job is definitely available in my save, I've applied for it twice. Maybe there weren't enough Liechtenstein players?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatTraveler View Post
    Not a bad start, but you need to hope Shawn have a bad run if you want promotion
    Thankfully they have, only 2 points in about 4 games I think, but we haven't capitalised yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Luizinho View Post
    Enjoying this!
    Thanks, good to have you on board

Third Team

Just read all of this, hopefully you won't be stuck in the 4th tier for much longer!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    Just read all of this, hopefully you won't be stuck in the 4th tier for much longer!
    At this stage I'm not sure we'll ever get out

FC Ruggell October - December Review

Finally got a good logo pack plus some other stuff like competition name fixes, was previously holding out until I got my new laptop.

October 2017

Going into October, I was preparing myself for a tough month. Kreuzlingen always have given us trouble, and Schaan were currently unbeaten. Then there was the game against 3rd tier Solothurn to contend with in the Swiss Cup. However, it turned out to be a pretty good month. A 2-1 win away to Kreuzlingen was a great start to keep pace with Schaan, before beating them ourselves at home 2-1. Then another miracle Swiss Cup victory came along with an even affair resulting in a 1-0 victory. A fantastic month, and we were close to overtaking Schaan at this stage.

November 2017

Unfortunately, we let ourselves down greatly in November. The home loss to Ibach was the start of an extremely poor month for the club. This was followed up by a 2-1 loss at Chur, before finishing the league matches for the month with a 1-1 draw at home to Sementina. Fortunately, there was some light at the end of the tunnel, emphatically defeating 5th tier side Obersimmental 5-0 in the 5th round of the Swiss Cup, booking our first ever place in the 6th round, or the final 16. Along with this, Schaan still only held a 2 point advantage, meaning we were both unable to capitalise on each others failures.

December 2017

After a devastating month prior, we knew we had to come out all guns blazing in December. A home game against Lachlen/Altendorf ensured it wasn't going to be an easy task. Along with this, we were missing star player Thomas Nowakowski through suspension. Despite the set backs, we manage to win 2-0 in a fantastic effort. Then came the away trip to FC Contone, who were struggling to survive. They were not help out by us, as we ran out 7-2 victors, with Thomas Nowakowski, Lennart Jokubowski and Oliver Spalt all scoring doubles. Then came the Swiss Cup match away to Challenge league side Stade Nyonnais. They have regulary challenged for promotion spots in Switzerland 2nd tier, so we knew this would not be an easy game. It was still disappointing, however, when they ran out 4-0 winners. Still, a fantastic cup campaign. Just a shame that there is no prize money until the quarter finals.

The final match of the year was played away to Appenzell, who had previously beaten us at home. We took the lead twice, but they didn't give up in front of their home fans, gaining a 2-2 draw. Unfortunately, Schaan won their match, and stretched their lead back out to 4 points.

And there we have it, still second, though we have reduced the margin. We should have taken top spot, but have been inconsistent this season. Brilliant one match, terrible the next. I guess it's just one of the cons of using young players. One player, however, who hasn't stopped impressing is Thomas Nowakowski (YP4), scoring an impressive 20 goals in 21 matches so far this season, already beating the previous highest goalscoring tally of 19 (set last season by Nils Schmidt, who hasn't impressed this season unfortunately). Hopefully he can continue this form in the second half of the season and lift us toward promotion.

Coming up soon, the wrap up of Liechtenstein national team news for the year. It's been pretty eventful, with 3 sackings (2 senior manager and the U19 manager). Still no success in my applications though.

Amateur

Liechtenstein 2017 Review

Senior

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Rankings

Another atrocious year for Liechtenstein, only managing a draw to San Marino and dropping down to a lowly 207th before gaining a place to finish the year only above Somalia and American Samoa. The real drama came off the pitch, as in September Adin Goop was sacked as head coach. This lead to Dario Walser, the U21 coach appointed last year, to be promoted, before he was sacked 2 months later and was replaced by the current manager. Unsure as to why the would sack the manager so fast, they can't seriously expect Liechtenstein to be able to compete yet, can they?

U21

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

Also a bad year for the U21's, only managing a draw to New Zealand. Still a long, long, long way to go.

U19 Group

Things were ever so slightly better for the U19's, managing the country's only win this season, as well as two draws. Still could not compete in their group though.

Code:

Liechtenstein World Rankings |Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference | |------------------------------------------------------------| |Start | - | - | 119 | - | |2011 | 184 | 119 | 145 | -26 | |2012 | 103 | 145 | 185 | -40 | |2013 | 161 | 185 | 137 | +48 | |2014 | 72 | 137 | 187 | -50 | |2015 | 49 | 187 | 202 | -15 | |2016 | 66 | 202 | 197 | +5 | |2017 | 26 | 197 | 206 | -9 | ------------------------------------------------------------

Third Team

Very close to the top,hope your able to sort your consistency out and claim top spot.

Semi Pro

On the plus side Liechtenstein can't go much lower!

Reserves

They'll probably find a way

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Very close to the top,hope your able to sort your consistency out and claim top spot.
    Takes, it's getting pretty close up there at the moment, 1 point between us and Schaan and we play each other in the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    It would not surprise me at all

FC Ruggell 2018 Youth Intake

A pretty good youth intake this season, we picked up a number of players that could make it in the first team. The star of the show, however is

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Coach Report

He already rated as one of the best in the team, and has pretty decent attributes.

Also, I know that it seems I jumped a YP, but I ended up making Sebastian Schneider from the previous intake YP7, because he is a regular for Liechtenstein U21's, and has impressed me with how fast he is developing.

There were other players that look pretty good as well, and I ended up signing.

Jurgen Becker - My annual goalkeeper, looks pretty decent in comparision to others.
    Marius Muller - What is it with us and getting good right backs? If it wasn't for the fact the Hans-Hermann Bruns and Arvid Keller (YP6) had cemented their places as rotating for the spot, he'd be another YP.
    Ronny Kaiser - Not the best from this lot, but still looks like he can develop into a decent centre back.
    Michael Schmitt - Has good physical attributes, just needs to work up his technical and mental side.
    Nicolas Frolov - Again, not the best from this selection, but still might be able to make a decent backup one day.
    Simon Stock - About on par with some of our back up strikers already, so should be able to develop into something beyond that.
    Leon Wagner - Has pretty good mental stats, and has the ability to get above people in the air, so should make a good target man one day.

The rest had potential, but probably wouldn't get anywhere. The game between our youths and the candidates finished 3-2 to the candidates. I think this is the first time the candidates have actually won, so it looks like a step in the right direction for the club.

And now, there are two very important game before the end of the month. One against Schaan, who lead us by one point, and then against Kreuzlingen. If we win both, we'll be in a great position to win promotion.

SOme good Youth players there. Hopefully you win promtion too.

Amateur

SOme good Youth players there. Hopefully you win promtion too.
    Thanks xD

FC Ruggell January - March

January 2018

After years of misfortune in January, I was apprehensive coming into this month, even if we did do well last year. Those fears were quelled with a 2-1 win over Baar, before progressing to the group stage of the Interregional Amateur Cup for only the second time with a 2-0 win over Nottwil. We continued our good form by dispatching Grunstern in the cup 2-0, before earning a valuable 2-0 win over Ruthi in the league to take us within reaching distance of Schaan. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it a perfect month, losing 2-0 to 3rd tier side Naters in the cup.

February 2018

Our poor form sudden change of form seemed to continue in February, with two consectutive 1-1 draws, the first in the elague to AC Malcantone ruining another chance ot go top, before the draw at home to Ibach in our final game of the IAC groups consigned us to 3rd in our group. Our next game against Aadorf seemed to be heading in the same direction, being down 2-1 after leading 1-0. BUt then we erupted in a display of attacking football, and secured a 4-2 victory. IN the final game of the month, we managed a 1-0 win over Bazenheld at home, taking us within a point of top spot.

March 2018

Our first game of the month would be one of the most vital in the race for promotion, against Schaan away from home. We have never lost against Schaan, and didn't lose that record, running out 3-0 victors in a great display against our Liechtenstein rivals. The other game for the mont was equally important. A win against Kreuzlingen was needed to consolidate at the top of the table. In a very tight match, we ended up winning 1-0. Schaan also won their match 1-0 over AC Malcantone to keep in the title race.

So, it's tight at the top, and even tighter at the bottom of the table. Luckily, we're at the right end. Our final 3 games consist of away games to Ibach and Sementina, before finishing the season at home to Chur. Considering these team's recent records against us, it's not going to be an easy finish for us. Hopefully Schaan can slip up, and we can secure the league early instead of having the final game deciding promotion again.

Amateur

FC Ruggell April - June/ End of Season Review

April - June 2018

Absolutely pathetic end to the season. We kept our lead over Shcaan with the win over Ibach, before slumping to 2 consecutive losses to Sementina and Chur to lose the title. Seeing how well we had played throughout the season, this was a real kick in the guts. It didn't help that after our loss to Sementina, moral suddenly dropped to very poor, the first time that has happened in this save.

There it is, another 2nd place finish. We really should have done better.

Squad | Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

We bled money this year, losing all 700k we had at the start of the season. I dn't know what was so different this season, except the junior coaching. Maybe that was the reason.

Youth Prospects

Horst Kind (YP1) - Not good enough any more, I won't be renewing his contract at the end of next season
    Patrick Riedel (YP2) - Another solid season, but always seems to lose moral at the end of season. Probably isn't able to stand up under pressure.
    Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - A great season from the central mid, scoring 8 and having a hand in 8 more.
    Thomas Nowakowski (YP4) - Had a fantastic season, scoring 21 in 23, before getting injured in January. After that, couldn't recapture that early season form. Still a wonderful year.
    Luc Zech (YP5) - Managed to get a few more games this season, but has been kept out by YP2 and YP3.
    Arvid Keller (YP6) - A wonderful season, consistently plying well. Rewarded with his first senior cap at 17. Definitely going to be a star for Liechtenstein. Honestly, if a bigger club wanted him on a trasnfer, I'd probably let him go to help him further his career.
    Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - Ended up making him a YP after impressing me with his progress. Became a regular for Liechtenstein U21, and managed 4 goals in 11 games for us.
    Florian Fehr (YP8) - Played a few games for the club, but not enough to accurately gauge his abilities.

Code:

FC Ruggell Season by Season |Season | Tier | Position | Swiss Cup | Europe | Acheivements| |------------------------------------------------------------| |2011/12| 6th | 1st | 1st Round | Nope | Promotion | |2012/13| 5th | 1st | 4th Round | Nope | Promotion | |2013/14| 4th | 5th | 4th Round | Nope | None | |2014/15| 4th | 7th | 1st Round | Nope | None | |2015/16| 4th | 3rd | 1st Round | Nope | None | |2016/17| 4th | 2nd | 5th Round | Nope | None | |2017/18| 4th | 2nd | 6th Round | Nada | None | --------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Scarman; 07-04-2012 at 05:10.

Amateur

Unlucky lad :/ You should get promotion next season for sure.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Unlucky lad :/ You should get promotion next season for sure.

FIFA 2018 World Cup

Hosts - Russia
    Holders - England

*Bold denotes progression

Group A - Brazil, Russia, Slovakia, Togo
    Group B - Argentina, Turkey, USA, Australia
    Group C - Mexico, Greece, Uruguay, Ghana
    Group D - Spain, Columbia, Belgium, Japan
    Group E - Germany, Romania, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia
    Group F - Italy, Ivory Coast, Israel, Jordan
    Group G - Netherlands, Mali, Bosnia & Herzegovina, South Korea
    Group H - England, Chile, Hungary, Costa Rica

Round of 16

Turkey 1 - 1 Brazil (Brazil wins on penalties)
    Russia 1 -1 Argentina (Russia wins on penalties)
    Columbia 1 - 3 Mexico
    Greece 1 - 1 Spain (Greece wins on penalties)
    Ivory Coast 0 - 5 Germany
    Romania 2 - 3 Italy
    Chile 2 - 1 Netherlands (Chile wins in extra time)
    Mali 0 - 2 England

Quarter Final

Brazil 3 - 1 Greece
    Russia 2 - 2 Mexico (Mexico wins on penalties)
    Germany 4 - 0 England
    Italy 4 - 0 Chile

Semi Final

Brazil 3 - 2 Italy
    Mexico 2 - 2 Germany (Mexico wins on penalties)

Third Place Playoff

Italy 4 - 1 Germany

Final

Brazil 3 - 0 Mexico

Golden Ball - Hulk (Brazil)
    Golden Shoe - Giuseppe Rossi; 9 goals (Italy)
    Best Goalkeeper - Manuel Neuer (Germany)
    Best Young Player - Sendogan Memisoglu (Germany)

Most Goals Scored - Italy; 21
    Most Goals Conceded - Togo; 13

Decided to give a wrap on the World Cup (And also subsequent Euro Championships as well). Interesting to see there was nothing most people would classify as a group of death. Also interesting to see a couple of nations absent, such as France and Portugal. Finally, Greece win over Spain would have to go down as the upset of the tournament, closely followed by Russia's win over Argentina.

Amateur

FC Ruggell PreSeason Review

We arranged another set of leagues to gain some income, and somehow managed a draw against Zurich, probably our best result of the preseason. We also won our annual Warm Up Cup, beating last year's league winners Schaan 2-0. With the financial boost, admittedly probably the worst in years, we managed to get another upgrade to the Junior Coaching, maing it Exceptional. I believe that's the highest it can go, or is there another level?

Finances | Season Tickets | Club Info | Facilities | League

Time to get back in the saddle and hopefully win promotion.

Semi Pro

I believe you misspelt 'more'

Reserves

My ex uses that spelling all the time, interesting seeing it here.

Youth Team

Unbelievably tough beat in the end of the season. Promotion has got to happen this year for sure

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    I believe you misspelt 'more'
    My ex uses that spelling all the time, interesting seeing it here.
    A mixture of tiredness and reading rage comics led to that

Unbelievably tough beat in the end of the season. Promotion has got to happen this year for sure
    Thanks, I'm desperately hoping for promotion this season It's something the club deserves greatly after the past few seasons.

Amateur

FC Ruggell July - September Review

July 2018

As we set out for season #6 in the 4th tier, we began the year away from home against newly promoted Hinwil. It was a nervy affair, with my players obviously still suffering from some doubt after our end of season collapse last season, while Hinwil looked unsure in a new league. Ultimately, though, they managed to come from behind twice to claim a 2-2 victory against us. It was a game that seemed like 2 points lost. The next game against Aadorf singled our first home game of the season, and despite leading 2-1, they managed to come from behind, snatching the win at the death in front of our home fans. I was personally disgusted at the performance, and only taking a single point from our first month of the season set doubts in my mind about the team. I just hoped that I would be proven wrong.

August 2018

August started with a bang. We played Kreuzlingen at home, and were hoping to atone for our previous mistakes. A slight deviation from our regular 4-3-1-2 formation saw us line up with a 4-1-2-1-2, and it seemed to pay dividends early, with the team taking a 2-0 lead into half time. However, Kreuzlingen fought back, and the doubts re-entered my mind. They were soon quelled as the lads scored 3 quick goals to push the score out to 5-2, and despite a late consolation, the team looked dominant. The next game was played against 6th tier side FC Le Parc in the Swiss Cup. We dominated, but couldn't find a goal, while they managed one against the run of play and knocked us out of the cup. ur next game was against Lachlen/Altendorf, and Thomas Nowakowski showed his class with his second hattrick in two league games as we won 4-1. July seemed to be a blip on the radar with this form.

September 2018

Enter September, where our first game was played at home against AC Malcantone. Despite going a man down when Arvid Keller (YP6) was sent off for a stupid challenge, we dominated but couldn'yt find the break through. This was follwoed by a trip to Baar, where we ran out 2-0 winners, before dominating another home game while drawing 0-0 to Winkeln SG. Our final game was played away to Chur, where we ran out 2-0 winners. So two 0-0 home draws and two 2-0 away wins sums up September as a month where we couldn't appease our home fans.

Doesn't this look familiar? We missed some opportunities to go top of the league, but are sitting pretty well after that horror start. Disappointing to go out of the cup so early, but it may be a blessing in disguise as it gives us more opportunity to focus on the league.
    Last edited by Scarman; 08-04-2012 at 07:20.

Amateur

Turns out they actually have Welcome to 208th in the world!

At least they can't get any worse now The only way is up

Semi Pro

I am pretty sure some of the counties above you don't have enough people to field a football team, it worries me

Reserves

Looks like a closer promotion race this time.

Amateur

I am pretty sure some of the counties above you don't have enough people to field a football team, it worries me
    Never thought I'd see the day when a team was worse than American Samoa xD

Looks like a closer promotion race this time.
    Much, much closer than last year's two team race.

October 2018

Because of most of my squad's international requirements for the U21/U19 Liechtenstein sides, the match against Ruthi was postponed. During the other matches, Amriswil lost their match, giving us a golden opportunity to take top spot. We kept the pressure on with our 3-1 win over FC Eyup, before taking top spot in our catch up by picking apart Ruthi in a 3-0 win. Our next match would have a huge bearing on the league, as we hosted Amriswil at home. October was a short but sweet month, we had a lot to look forward to in November.

November 2018

Unfortunately, Amriswil regained top spot by beating us 2-1 at home. It was a pretty disappointing performance as well, with them dominating most of the game. We almost snatched a late draw, both Thomas Nowakowski didn't have his scoring boots on. We followed this up with a trip to Sementina, who effectively ended our promotion hope last season. A 1-1 draw in a game we dominated saw Amriswil take a 4 point lead at the top, meaning they again put us on the back foot. However, our final game of the month against Appenzell restored some hope with a 2-0 win.

December 2018

December was the month we really needed to fire in to help us to the top of the table. It didn't start off well, drawing 0-0 to Hinwil in a game we dominated to Shots 21-0, with 6-0 on target. A terrible performance by our strikers. The next match against Aadorf reduced the gap at the top to 2 points, as Amriswil drew. The 1-0 victory was vital against a team that always seems to give us trouble, but came at a price, with Thomas Nowakowski (YP4) picking up a 2 month injury. We finished the month with a 2-2 draw to Kreuzlingen, where we led 2-0 until the 80th minute. Amriswil lost, meaning their lead was cut to 1 point at the end of the year. December was ultimately the month where we should have easily picked up all 9 points, but couldn't.

3 points separate the top 4 teams. Amriswil look like the most dangerous team we have to contend with at the moment, but Chur consistently give us trouble. Definitely wouldn't count out Appenzel or Kreuzlingen yet either, as a couple of years ago when Amrisiwl were promoted, they were behind top spot by 5 points at the end of December. This season is shaping up to be one of the closest promotion races I've experienced.

Amateur

Liechtenstein 2018 Review

Senior

The only way is up for the Liechtenstein national team. Rooted to the bottom of the World Rankings after another terrible year, the only hope seems to be through youth. It's such a shame a handy player such a Benjamin Schmidt (My coaches won't scout him for some reason so I can't view all his attributes) is playing for a nation like Liechtenstein. I wouldn't be surprised if he was picked up by a foreign club one day soon.

U21

A decent year for the U21's. As you can see, my youths featured heavily, scoring some vital goals. Despite some disappointing losses, it shows that the future probably won't be rooted to the bottom of the world

U19

Again, my players featured heavily, particulary Marcel Wolters who socred a few goals for the U19's. They picked up a solid win over Hong Kong, and a decent draw against Serbia.

Code:

Liechtenstein World Rankings |Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference | |------------------------------------------------------------| |Start | - | - | 119 | - | |2011 | 184 | 119 | 145 | -26 | |2012 | 103 | 145 | 185 | -40 | |2013 | 161 | 185 | 137 | +48 | |2014 | 72 | 137 | 187 | -50 | |2015 | 49 | 187 | 202 | -15 | |2016 | 66 | 202 | 197 | +5 | |2017 | 26 | 197 | 206 | -9 | |2018 | 15 | 206 | 208 | -2 | ------------------------------------------------------------

Semi Pro

3-1 loss to Russia U21's is nothing to be sniffed at considering quite a lot of them will be playing in the RPL due to the STUPID GOD DAMN RULES there

Third Team

Very close promotion race and hope you can take advantage of any slip ups.

As for Liechtenstein,the only way is up

Amateur

Flamers - Didn't know about those rules, never played in Russia. Makes the loss slightly more acceptable!

B.W.G - Thanks I can't wait until the I get the chance to take over Liechtenstein!

Amateur

I'm pretty sure that in the last patch the youth rule doesn't apply any longer, except in the Russian Cup.

Semi Pro

Ratonbox it still does in mine IIRC but I started the patch earlier

Amateur

FC Ruggell Youth Intake 2019

It was a pretty disappointing year actually, no one really stood out as being a star despite what my assistant says (although, he is pretty rubbish). I did find one player worthy of the Youth Prospect title though.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Has pretty good mental stats for someone so young, and probably the best physicals I've seen on a defender to have come through. If he can improve his marking, tackling, strength and positioning he could be pretty class.

Only signed 4 other players.

Mirko Szymanski - Probably won't make it to the first team due to the abundance of strikers, but it all depends on how he develops.
    Onno Blume - About the average defender, again probably won't get far, but good to have all the same.
    Oskar Schlegel - If he can improve his passing, he could become decent.
    Alexander Stadler - Only signed him because the assistant rate him the best for the year. I don't play wingers though, so it's more just letting him develop a bit before passing him on.

Amateur

FC Ruggell January - March Review

January 2019

January would shape up to be an important month, as we were closing in on top spot. A trip to AC Malcantone would start the month, and we taught them a in football lesson at San Michele, scoring a 5-1 victory. This was followed by a home game to 3rd tier side Chenois in the IAC. They took an early lead, but we fought back, scoring an equaliser before winning the game in injury time. It was a deserved win, although I was apprhensive about clogging up our schedule with games. We followed this up with a 0-0 draw to Lachlen/Altendorf, who we doinated but couldn't score against (how many times do I have to write that phrase?). Then came a run of 2 tough games in the IAC, both agaisnt 3rd tier sides. Schaffhausen are generally promotion favourites to the Challenge league, and rightfully won 3-0, while Cham are about a mid table side. We lost to the in our first season 4-0, so a 1-0 loss shows improvement. We even controlled the second half and finished the game with more shot at goal than them. Our final game of the month would be against Baar, a team we usually pick apart. This time was no different, as we raced to a 3-0 victory.

February 2019

February started in our final group game of the IAC. We culdn't progress, and neither could Athletique, but it was still disappointing after the loss. We didn't look like ourselves. This trend continued into the league, where we lost 2-0 to Winkeln SG. After the game, moral suddenly dropped to Very Poor, and I was having memories of last season. We managed to turn that around though with a 3-0 victory at home to Chur to finish out the month on top of the league.

March 2019

In our only game of the month, we maintained our lead at the top with a hard fought 3-2 win over Ruthi. We led three times throughout the match, luckily Ruthi only had two equalisers in them.

Deja vu. We led by 2 points at this time last year, and ended up losing the title. Hopefully we have learned from our mistakes and have the experience to finish top spot.

There we go, I finished these last night but dodgy internet ensured I couldn't update. Also have played two more games into April... I don't want to spoil any surprises.

Amateur

FC Ruggell April - June Review/2018/19 End of Season Review

April 2019

We led by 2 points at the start of April, however we also had a game in hand as other games were played over an international break for us. We fought out a hard 1-0 victory over the bottom placed side, taking our lead over Hinwil to 5 points. With the right results, we could have wrapped up a victory in the next fixture. We did defeat Sementina 4-0, but Hinwil also won to keep their slim chances alive.

May 2019

Those slim chances suddenly became a bit more realistic as we slumped to a 2-1 loss to Amriswil in our only game of May. Hinwil won their match to reduce the margin to 2 points. Our superior for and against meant that we would only have to draw to progress, while Hinwil needed to win and for us to lose for promotion. It would be a tight finish to the season.

June 2019

We began our final match of the season against Appenzell looking dominant. We had shrugged off any doubt we may of had about losing top spot, and Sebastian Schneider (YP7) scored as we took an early 1-0 lead. Appenzell then fought back into the match, coming close on a number a occasions before slotting home an equaliser. From there, they continued to press, looking more and more likely that they would get the win. Against the run of play, however, Lennart Jokubowski slotted home a rebound for a scrappy 2-1 win. Hinwil lost their match, so the result didn't matter in the end, but it was still the best way to end the season. Promotion!

We almost choked. We almost choked again. But we held on for promotion! Finally out of the league after 6 seasons. The 3rd tier is going to be hell, I'll probably be lucky to survive. We've managed some lucky results in the past against 3rd tier sides, but most of the matches have ended with us getting taught a lesson.

We were only kept afloat by Chairman injections. Hopefully we'll see some increased crowd numbers in the 3rd tier.

Star Player

Michael Ebert - Set up 10 goals, and was extremely reliable.

Youth Prospects

Horst Kind (YP1) - Didn't get a game, and will be released on a free at the end of the season.
    Patrick Riedel (YP2) - Will also be released after struggling to find a place in the first team. I think he would struggle in the 3rd tier even as a backup, so despite the hard choice, it's probably for the best. Before this season, he had been a great squad player, racking up a total of 152 appearances for the club.
    Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - A great year for the club. Didn't score or assist a great deal, but was solid.
    Thomas Nowakowski (YP4) - Started the season on fire with 2 hattricks, but got injured in December and never returned to his best after that. Still had a good season,
    Luc Zech (YP5) - Didn't get many games and got frustrated because of it. Will most likely let him go to a new club soon, never developed ito a decent player.
    Arvid Keller (YP6) - Picked up 2 caps this season, and played well for the club. A number of injuries held back his progression though.
    Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - Featured regularly, and scored 10 goals for the club. A good year for the youngster.
    Florian Fehr (YP8) - A fantastic debut season. Was reliable as a defensive mid, and showed experience beyond his years.
    Jochen Lang (YP9) - Didn't pick up an appearance this season due to the tense finish. Has shown some signs of improvement though.

Code:

FC Ruggell Season by Season |Season | Tier | Position | Swiss Cup | Europe | What Happened?| |--------------------------------------------------------------| |2011/12| 6th | 1st | 1st Round | Nope | Promotion | |2012/13| 5th | 1st | 4th Round | Nope | Promotion | |2013/14| 4th | 5th | 4th Round | Nope | Nothing | |2014/15| 4th | 7th | 1st Round | Nope | Nothing | |2015/16| 4th | 3rd | 1st Round | Nope | Nothing | |2016/17| 4th | 2nd | 5th Round | Nope | Nothing | |2017/18| 4th | 2nd | 6th Round | Nope | Nothing | |2018/19| 4th | 1st | 1st Round | Nope | Promotion!! | ----------------------------------------------------------------

Semi Pro

Awesome news!

Part-Timer

How much do you think the poor youth facilities and youth recruitment is holding you back. Have you had any swiss youth players come through?

Well done on getting promoted though.

Amateur

Awesome news!
    Cheers dude

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    How much do you think the poor youth facilities and youth recruitment is holding you back. Have you had any swiss youth players come through?

Well done on getting promoted though.
    The youth facilities are probably holding us back a fair bit, especially seeing we have none And no, we haven't had any Swiss players come through. Thankfully though, knowing my luck he'd end up being a world class player and not play for Liechtenstein

Reserves

Well done keeping up the good form and going up.

Amateur

I think you'll start getting swiss only if you have better youth recruitment than other teams near Lichtenstein's border. Also, having a swiss feeder club would also help on getting swiss youth.

Amateur

Well done keeping up the good form and going up.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratonbox View Post
    I think you'll start getting swiss only if you have better youth recruitment than other teams near Lichtenstein's border. Also, having a swiss feeder club would also help on getting swiss youth.
    Thanks for telling me this Don't really want Swiss youths, so it's not a great concern of mine at the moment (I need money and pro status!), but I'll probably improve it later done the track.

I'm liking the perks for the 3rd tier already Finally got an invite to a youth league, so my guys should start improving more rapidly!

Semi Pro

Scarman they will always have a 2nd nationality of Liechtenstein I have 3 English players at Zenit, all are Russian 2nd nationality

Amateur

Yep, same here at Rubin. I have a romanian and a czech player, both youth prospects and both with Russian nationality.

Amateur

Scarman they will always have a 2nd nationality of Liechtenstein I have 3 English players at Zenit, all are Russian 2nd nationality
    Yep, same here at Rubin. I have a romanian and a czech player, both youth prospects and both with Russian nationality.
    True, but if they are good players, wouldn't they prefer to play for Switzerland over Liechtenstein because it's the more reputable nation? I suppose if I get the nation team job I can get in early and give them a senior cap before Switzerland have that chance though

Also reading through some coach reports of a couple of my highly rated players. Florian Fehr is rated with the potential to be a Good Axpo Super League player in the future, with Arvid Keller and Sebastian Schneider having the potential to be decent in that division. Good to here that if they develop into the players they could be I will have them for a long time for my rise through the divisions

Semi Pro

Scarman they can do sometimes but as the nation gets better so will the people wanting to play for them. I think someone ran a test added the Basque nation in and that ended up being ABOVE Spain, it started as the lowest ranked team.

Amateur

Even if you give them a selection, you have to do it after their 21st birthday. I think it's a rule made by FIFA that allows them to change to the other nationality, even if they had a senior cap for any other country before that. Something to do with better judgement when you're older, or something like that. I may be wrong.

Amateur

Scarman they can do sometimes but as the nation gets better so will the people wanting to play for them. I think someone ran a test added the Basque nation in and that ended up being ABOVE Spain, it started as the lowest ranked team.
    Even if you give them a selection, you have to do it after their 21st birthday. I think it's a rule made by FIFA that allows them to change to the other nationality, even if they had a senior cap for any other country before that. Something to do with better judgement when you're older, or something like that. I may be wrong.
    I'm pretty sure once you choose your senior side, you have to stay. But thanks both of you for clearing all that up Didn't know the national sides rep could improve actually, thought it was only leagues haha

Amateur

My bad. I researched a bit more and this is what I was thinking about:

"Fifa recently removed the age limit for players who want to switch national allegiance. Previously players who had represented one country at youth level had to make the choice to change by the age of 21."

So, it shouldn't affect you if you get to be manager of Liechtenstein.

Amateur

FC Ruggel PreSeason Review

Maybe we shouldn't have arranged 3 leagues this season. After only making about 400k from the leagues, I assumed I needed a 3rd to break even without the chairman support. And maybe we do, because I haven't seen our first loss yet. But it still feels a bit wrong to have 1 mil in the bank. Still, we probably will lose most of it throughout the season. It does look like we are making some improvement though, with draws against Zurich, St Gallen and Grasshoppers, and better performances all round.

Finances | Club Info | Facilities | League

Because of the cash, the board again agreed to build youth facilities, although I fully expect these to be cancelled again as well, as they have to go through the planning stages. On the plus side, our season ticket sales more than doubled from last season, fetching in 138.

Now onto the league. It's a pity Schaan had to go get themselves relegated. We still have one Liechtenstein club in this league with us though, with Balzers generally taking out a lower mid table spot. This league tends to be the nightmare step up for clubs, with most going down first season. The most amount of points a club has gotten and still been relegated with is 26. With that in mind, I'm going to aim for 35 points this season. 30 games to be played, so it might be a bit of a hard task, but I'm sure the team will go all out.

Great Job on winning promotion. Maybe persuade the board to make Youth Facilities?
    EDIT: Just saw Update

Part-Timer

Congratulations for the promotion!

Didn't know there was a club named "Old Boys" i assume they are rivals of the "Young Boys"?

Third Team

Congrats on the promotion,all the best in Tier 3!

Amateur

Great Job on winning promotion. Maybe persuade the board to make Youth Facilities?
    EDIT: Just saw Update
    Haha thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Coentrao View Post
    Congratulations for the promotion!

Didn't know there was a club named "Old Boys" i assume they are rivals of the "Young Boys"?
    Thanks! Actually, I just looked both clubs up. Old Boys are from Basel, while Young Boys are from Bern. Apparently the University of Bern hosted a game against BSC Old Boys back in 1898, afterwards they formed the BSC Young Boys club. Not sure if anything special happens when they meet in real life, but the game doesn't have them listed as rivals.

Congrats on the promotion,all the best in Tier 3!
    Thanks!

Amateur

FC Ruggell July - September Review

July 2019

Our first foray into the 3rd tier was bound to be a difficult one, as we came up against promotion hopefuls Rapperswil away from home. Despite Thomas Nowakowski getting sent off in the 25th minute, the game was surprisingly even. Rapperswil managed to take a 1-0 lead into half time, but Oliver Spalt equalised on 66 minutes, as we claimed the first point of our relegation fight.

The second game was a bit crueller, as we gave up a 1 goal lead twice to draw at home. However, a point would prove valuable, particularly against a strong team such as Biachesi. A win would have been more deserved, but we started the campaign with 2 valuable points.

August 2019

August would be a very tough month, with a total of 7 games played. The month started with a very disappointing loss to fellow relegation battlers Golau, before we turned it around with our first win of the season, a phenomenal 4-0 win over Thalwil.We continued this into the Swiss Cup, with a 3-1 win over our former 4th tier opposition Kreuzlingen. We couldn't continue this form though, as we faced arguably two of the strongest teams in the competition, slumping to a 3-1 loss to Tuggen, and a 2--0 loss to YF Juventus. Better performances then I was expecting, but good performances resulting in losses won't help us against relegation.

These two games were followed by a cup game I was expecting to be thrashed in, against Challenge league team Meyrin. Instead, we played out a thrilling game. 90 minutes ended at 3-3, before another goal to both teams resulted in 4-4 after extra time,, meaning penalties would resolve the game. We were surprisingly calm at the spot, not missing a single penalty and winning the shoot out 5-3, as we claimed a historic win over our 2nd tier opposition. We couldn't continue this into the league thoguh, as we were thrashed 4-1 by Cham in the final game of the month.

September 2019

September began in the worst possible way - being thrashed 5-1 by Freienbach. We were absolutely terrible, and deserved the loss. This resulted in some changes, including a new formation (4-2-2-2). It worked, as we won our next match 3-1 over SV Schaffhausen, before having an unlucky draw with FC Ilirida. We then met 6th tier Riedholz in the Cup, and thrashed them 5-2, with Sebastian Schneider setting up 3 goals before being taken off injured. He then missed the next game to Gossau, but it mattered little as we ran out 1-0 winners.

Just over a third into the season, and we're about a third into our points goal. Our next two games will be crucial, as we play Balzers and Muri. We ended September in some form, and I'm hoping that it can continue for a while. We've already played 5 of the top 6 teams (although we are only 4 games away from the halfway point of the season) so with some luck we can move away from the bottom of the table and avoid a relegation dog fight. It's clear that we have a long way to go to reach the quality of the teams at the top of this league.

Amateur

I'm not fond of the term "One Man Team", and hate applying it to my own teams, but sometimes it really is justified.

That's in 16 games. Sebastian Schneider has been sensational.

Part-Timer

I'm guessing October was a good month for the team

Third Team

Nice to see you outside the relegation zone.Lets hope Schneider can keep that sort of form up!

Reserves

Even got most yellows, and I bet he has one of the reds! Competitive chap.

Youth Team

The guy's a beast! Gues you have to give him credit for keeping you above relegation Congrats on the promotion from last year.

Amateur

Nice to see you outside the relegation zone.Lets hope Schneider can keep that sort of form up!
    Thanks, I hope he can as well!

Even got most yellows, and I bet he has one of the reds! Competitive chap.
    Surprisingly no, that's the only thing he hasn't gotten. Wish he tone down the yellows a bit though, he missed a game because of the 5 yellows.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    I'm guessing October was a good month for the team
    October was good, but November was great.

The guy's a beast! Gues you have to give him credit for keeping you above relegation Congrats on the promotion from last year.
    Yep, he's the only reason why we are where we are at the moment haha

October 2019

October began with a match to bottom placed Muri, where we continued our form by winning 3-1. We followed this up with a game against 4th tier opposition FC Compesieres in the Swiss Cup. We controlled the match, but could only get 1-0 past their keeper. Still a good result, and we went on through to the 5th Round. We finished the month against fellow Liechtenstein club Balzers, where we were in control with a 1-0 win. A surprising game to say the least, I would have thought they would be more challenging. October was a perfect, and was something my players were used to after years of challenging for promotion.

November 2019

We then played 5th placed Old Boys away from home. I was expecting our good form to be stopped here. Instead Sebastian Schneider scored all the goals as we ran out 4-0 winners. Probably the teams greatest ever result. we followed this up with a 1-1 draw with 2nd placed Locarno, before returning to winning with a 1-0 win over Biachesi. However, our unbeaten run was eventually ended. 3rd tier (but different group) side Serrieres managed to beat us 2-1 in extra time to stop us on our potential cup run. It's such a shame though, as they played (and beat) Vaduz in the next round, and their next game is against a Challenge League side. We finished the month off with a respectable 1-1 draw with promotion candidates Rapperswil. Sebastian Schneider scored every goal this month (the own goal came off a shot from him) and was instrumental in bringing us up so high.

December 2019

We thankfully got a 14 day break before our next game to Goldau. We turned around their win earlier in the season with a 3-0 win, Schneider starring again. We finished the year with a 1-1 draw with Thalwil. Considering our more recent results, this was actually disappointing.

Wow. That's all I can say, it's been an unbelievable few months, somehow going from 4th last to 5th. We're unbeaten in the league since that 5-1 loss to Freienbach. The new tactic worked better than I dared to hope. I'd say Tuggen will be promoted, but Locarno could give them some trouble if they aren't careful.

Amateur

Liechtenstein 2019 Review

Senior

Another sacking, another time I was unsuccessful applying. They managed a win in a friendly, but still got no points in qualifying. Luckily though, that one win was enough to get them off the bottom of the world.

U21

A pretty big step backwards. Lost every single game, and on top of that, didn't score a goal in qualifying. Pretty rubbish year.

U19

Something positive at last. 2 wins and 4 draws meant they only lost half of their games. Also had a pretty tight qualification group. Were pretty unlucky against Latvia and Slovenia, so could have gotten through to the 2nd round of qualifying.

Code:

Liechtenstein World Rankings |Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference | |------------------------------------------------------------| |Start | - | - | 119 | - | |2011 | 184 | 119 | 145 | -26 | |2012 | 103 | 145 | 185 | -40 | |2013 | 161 | 185 | 137 | +48 | |2014 | 72 | 137 | 187 | -50 | |2015 | 49 | 187 | 202 | -15 | |2016 | 66 | 202 | 197 | +5 | |2017 | 26 | 197 | 206 | -9 | |2018 | 15 | 206 | 208 | -2 | |2019 | 37 | 208 | 205 | +3 | --------------------------------------------------------------

Amateur

FC Ruggell Youth Intake 2020

Youth Candidates Squad

Not the best year, only a couple of decent players. The rest were average at best, not good enough to sign.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Has some decent attributes, so will probably slot into the first team at some point, most likely next season.

Karsten Volkov - Rated as the best from this intake, but I'm not convinced yet. My goalkeeper from a couple of intakes ago, Dominic Riedel has been great this season, so it will take a lot to unseat him from his position.

Ruggell U18's 2 - 0 Youth Candidates

My current youth squad has a lot more class than this lot.

Amateur

January 2020

January was bound to be a tough month, playing both Tuggen and YF Juventus in the league. Along with the games from the Interregional Amateur Cup, it was going to be a tough month. The first game of the month ended our unbeaten streak in the league, losing 2-1 to Tuggen in an even game that we were unlucky to lose. We recovered though, and went through to the groups of the IAC by beating Lerchenfeld 3-0. This was followed by a 2-2 with FC Mohlin-Riburg/ACLI and another 3-0 win over Baar. We finished the month in the league, losing 1-0 to YF Juventus in a tight game. We were missing 4 players through suspension, including Sebastian Schneider, and they scored through a dodgy penalty call. Still, good games against two of the big tems in the comp.

February 2020

February started with a must win game. To progress through the groups of the IAC, we had to beat Le Locle. It was a tight game, but Sebastian Schneider came through for us again, slotting home the only goal in a 1-0 win. This was followed by a 1-0 loss in the league to Cham, taking our losing streak to 3. I wasn't particularly worried, though, as these were against some of the better teams in the league. Now onto the Final Stage of the IAC, playing Old Boys. Again, Sebastian Schneider ran rings around them as we ran out 4-1 winners to get through to the Quarter Final. We faced former Challenge league Schotz, relegated last season. This time, it was Marcel Wolters time to shine, getting a hat trick in the 3-1 win. Into the semi finals, we faced the current 1st placed team in 3rd tier's Group 2. Unfortunately, our form ended as we lost 3-2 from a goal in injury time. A fantastic cup run, though I would've have liked to keep going.

March 2020

After a good February, we faced a more relaxed month in March, with only 2 matches. We outplayed SV Schaffhausen in a 1-0 win, before playing out an even game with FC Ilirida, 0-0 the final result.

With six games to go, I'd say we have survived this season, barring a complete capitulation. Our U18 side won their group with 5 games remaining, completely dominating the competition. I'm going to aim for a 6th placed finish.

Reserves

Well done on such strong improvement.

Amateur

FC Ruggell April - May/End of Season 2019/20 Review

April 2020

A perfect month! We started with a 3-0 thrashing of Gossau, before getting some revenge on Freienbach after our 5-1 loss at their hands earlier in the season. I only wish we could have scored more, but there's always next season. We ended off April by beating our Liechtenstein rivals Balzers 1-0, in a match that we should have scored more in. Schneider didn't have his scoring boots on!

May 2020

We began April in 5th spot, and we wanted to consolidated the position. We succeeded in doing so with a 5-0 thrashing of bottom of the table Muri. Ths was followed up by our 3rd thrashing of the season over Old Boys, this time winning 3-0. Something about that club brings out the best in the players. Our final match of the season was against 3rd placed Locarno. A win could see us finish in 4th! But Locarno were too good for us, dominating the entire match. Foruntatly, our defence held strong and was rewarded with a 0-0 draw, extending our run of no goals conceded to 8 games.

Fantastic season, I would not have dreamed to finish here with the start I had. I have to wonder what could have happened if we had started a bit stronger. At this stage, we'll need to improve to beat the top clubs over the season, but we can certainly give them a run for their. Hoping to improve on this great year next season, maybe cracking the top 3.

Squad | Club Info | Facilities | Transfers | Finances

We lost 1.2 mil this season, so I know we need at least 4 pre-season leagues to make money Vaduz signed one of our more promising players. Not that I mind though, he was a wingers, and I haven't played a formation with wingers since my third season. Hopefully they can develop him there.

Youth Prospects

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - Another solid if unspectacular season from him. Still doesn't look out of his depth at this level.

Thomas Nowakoski (YP4) - Thomas, on the other hand, struggled to make an impact, and as such his contract won't be renewed at season's end.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Had a poor start to the season, but found form around January and didn't look back.

Sebasian Schneider (YP7) - What can I say? Shattered both our and 1ere Liuge Suisse - Group 3's goalscoring records, with 36 in total and 26 in the league, equalled Nils Schmidt record 11 assists (as did Michael Ebert for the second season in a row), has set the new Highest Average Rating, Most Man of the Match awards. A record breaking season from the young striker, I can only hope he can do it again next season.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Sat out 5 months of the season with a torn calf muscle, but still managed 21 games and impressed when playing. His presence was felt when he returned, and when he returned to form, we didn't concede in our last 8 games.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Fantastic debut season from the centre back. Was a rock all season, and is also impressing at U21 level for Liechtenstein.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Didn't get a game this season, but it is early days. Will feature next season, maybe as a regular.

Code:

FC Ruggell Season by Season |Season | Tier | Position | Swiss Cup | What Happened?| |------------------------------------------------ -----| |2011/12 | 6th | 1st | 1st Round | Promotion | |2012/13 | 5th | 1st | 4th Round | Promotion | |2013/14 | 4th | 5th | 4th Round | Nothing | |2014/15 | 4th | 7th | 1st Round | Nothing | |2015/16 | 4th | 3rd | 1st Round | Nothing | |2016/17 | 4th | 2nd | 5th Round | Nothing | |2017/18 | 4th | 2nd | 6th Round | Nothing | |2018/19 | 4th | 1st | 1st Round | Promotion!! | |2019/20 | 3rd | 5th | 5th Round | IAC Semis | ------------------------------------------------------------

The Nope's did look pretty stupid actually, so when/if I get to Europe, I'll just create a different table xD

Third Team

That was a brilliant first season in the third tier.Schneider was an absolute beast throughout the season for you,hope he can continue that form for you.

Reserves

Very much agree with the above.

Part-Timer

Good solid first season, Arndt looks like he could be a decent defender, high determination is always good to have.

Amateur

Been following this from the start and it inspired me to start a save with Triesenberg
    Great first season in 1.Liga, hope you'll keep improving next year

(I preferred the Nope, but Nothing made me chuckle as well )

Youth Team

Definitely a great showing for your first season in the third tier. Always tough when only one team gets promoted.

Amateur

That was a brilliant first season in the third tier.Schneider was an absolute beast throughout the season for you,hope he can continue that form for you.
    Very much agree with the above.
    Cheers fellas! He'll be suspended for the first game, but I hopefully he'll just get better

Quote Originally Posted by Coentrao View Post
    Good solid first season, Arndt looks like he could be a decent defender, high determination is always good to have.
    Agreed, Arndt is already my 3rd best defender (But Fehr is a better DM, so really 2nd best). A lot of my youths have been coming through with high determination and natural fitness lately.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin View Post
    Been following this from the start and it inspired me to start a save with Triesenberg
    Great first season in 1.Liga, hope you'll keep improving next year

(I preferred the Nope, but Nothing made me chuckle as well )
    First time I've inspired someone! Thanks, have fun with Triesenberg! (I'm glad my pointless season bring amusement )

Definitely a great showing for your first season in the third tier. Always tough when only one team gets promoted.
    Thanks cerud!

Reserves

Nice to see you making very good progress so far.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Nice to see you making very good progress so far.
    Cheers rancer!

European Championship 2020

Hosts - Belgium
    Holders - France

Group Stage

Group A - France - 6; Serbia - 6; Belarus - 3, Turkey - 3
    Group B - Romania - 9; Portugal - 6; Denmark - 1; Ireland - 1
    Group C - Italy - 7; Hungary - 6; Greece - 3; Switzerland - 1
    Group D - Scotland - 9; England - 6; Croatia - 3; Israel - 0
    Group E - Spain - 9; Montenegro - 3; Belgium - 3; Slovenia - 3
    Group F - Germany - 9; Russia - 4; Netherlands - 3; Bulgaria - 1

Second Round

Portugal 1 - 1 France (France progress on penalties)
    Russia 3 - 2 Spain
    Romania 1 - 1 Greece (Romania progress on penalties)
    Croatia 1 - 0 Germany
    Serbia 3 - 0 Montenegro
    Belgium 0 - 2 Italy
    Netherlands 3 - 0 Scotland
    Hungary 0 - 2 England

Quarter Finals

France 1 - 2 Russia
    Croatia 1 - 2 Romania
    Serbia 0 - 0 Italy (Italy progress on penalties)
    Netherlands 0 - 2 England

Semi Finals

Russia 2 - 3 England (England wins in extra time)
    Romania 0 - 1 Italy

Final

England 2 - 1 Italy

Best Player - Wayne Rooney (England)
    Golden Boot - Guido Paone; 7 (Italy)

Most Goals - England; 15
    Most Goals Conceded - Russia; 11

So, England win despite finishing second in their group. Guido Paone looks an absolute beast for Italy, but I get the feeling neither team in the finals were really tested. The only big nation England played were the Netherlands, while Italy didn't encounter any of the traditional big nations on their path.

Amateur

FC Ruggell vs Biaschesi

That's the most interesting game this save Schneider's first game as well, the own goal was one of his deflected shots.

Amateur

FC Ruggell PreSeason/July - September Review

[CENTER]First off, I got a bit lazy so I didn't do the preseason review I usually do. Here are the the friendlies. As you can see, it was the average preseason for us, with the profits from those leagues I'm hoping to stay in the black this season (or only go 50k into the red).

July 2020

The league started with the worst possible fixture - away to Bellinzona. A few seasons ago, they were in the Super League, but two relegations in three seasons have seen them slip into the 3rd tier. Surprisingly though, it was a relatively even game, finishing 0-0. With us missing Schneider through suspension, we lacked a cutting edge. That would disappear next game though, as we ran out 2-0 victors over Biaschesi. We went down to 9 men before halftime, due to reckless challenges and persistant fouling. Schneider erutped in the second half thoguh, forcing an own goal before scoring one himself for a fantastic win.

August 202

August is always one of the toughest months due to the sheer amount of games that are played. First up were newly promoted Ruthi. Somehow, they held on for a 0-0 draw, before Goldau also held out for a draw at home as we conceded our first goal in 11 games. We were back to winning in our next games though, with a 1-0 win over Orsieres, before upsetting YF Juventus with the same score away from home. We followed this run of 1-0 victories with 2 more, first at home to Thalwil, before winning at Entlebuch in the cup. We finished the month with a tough trip to Cham, where we slumped to our first loss of the season, 3-2 to the home side. Schneider didn't have his scoring boots on, missing a penalty and about 3 one-on-ones, before getting back a consolation late.

September 2020

We knew we had to bounce back at the start of September to continue our fantastic start to the season. A trip to Gossau, then top of the table, would provide a stern test. We got up though, with a double from young striker Simon Stock pulling us through. Our next game was a complete disappointment, as we slumped to a 3-0 home loss to newly promoted Wiedikon ZH. It was a result that didn't reflect the performance, with our side controlling most of the game. Ultimately though, they were more clinical in front of goal. Suddenly, our defence which had only leaked 1 goal in 16 games had let in 6 in 3. We turned around that disappointing result with an unconvincing 2-1 defeat of Freienbach, before marching on in the cup with a 2-0 win over Bex. Our final match of the month was one to remember, scoring a 2-0 win over one of the promotion favourites Locarno.

A great start to the season, which could have been better if we had recaptured our free scoring ability from last season. Luckily, barring two games, our defence has been unbelievably solid. Schneider hasn't yet found his top form, but is still top scorer and has the most assists. The real story is coming from the defence though, where Jochen Lang and Kai Arndt are showing experience beyond their years. We have a tough month coming up, playing top of the league SV Schaffhausen, before playing Delemont away in the cup. They are also in the 3rd tier, and despite currently sitting 10th in their group, are sure to provide a tough competition. The other game of the month will be against the bottom of the league Estavayer-le-Lac. We are within touching distance of top spot, but I think we still have a few seasons left in this league.

Third Team

A brilliant start to the season,hopefully Schaffhausen don't run away with and you may stand a chance!

Amateur

Cheers B.W.G, unfortunately we lost 2-0 to Schaffhausen, so they are now 8 points in front. Still early days, but I was already expecting another couple of seasons in this tier.

Reserves

Pity they're running away this year.

Youth Team

How many matches in a season? 30?

Reserves

It's still early. You just need to string together a lot of wins together.

Amateur

Pity they're running away this year.
    I'm not too surprised, considering the squad I have, I'm lucky to be where I am

How many matches in a season? 30?
    Yeah 30 games, each team plays each other twice. We've played 14 so far and have slipped 11 points behind Schaffhausen.

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    It's still early. You just need to string together a lot of wins together.
    Winning streaks haven't been our speciality this season

Amateur

October 2020

October started with a tough game at home to table toppers SV Schaffhausen. They showed why they are leading the league, with a comprehensive 2-0 win, controlling a majority of the match. This was followed by an equally tough trip away to Delemont in the Cup. We started well, with a goal from Schneider giving us the lead. However, they fought back, equalising before scoring the winner in injury time. We recovered some form at the end of the month with a 1-0 win over bottom placed Estvayer-le-Lac, though the score was disappointing considering we played them off the park.

November 2020

November was a month where I was hoping to pick up 8 points. Instead, we played poorly throughout the month, first losing 2-0 to Rapperswil, before slumping to another home loss, this time to Old Boys 2-1. We were also off our game against Bellinzona, but managed to hold on for a 1-1 draw. The end of the month gave me hope, as Schneider scored his first double of the year, with a 3-0 win over Ruthi giving us some confidence leading into the last month of the year.

December 2020

December turned out to be a much better month. Schneider picked up another double in our 3-0 win over Biaschesi. The match was almost as dirty as the previous, resulting in a red card for Biaschesi, meaning 3 red cards in 2 games between us this season, and 16 yellows. The final game of the year was played away to Goldau, where we picked up a point in 0-0 draw which we should have won. The month was much better than the previous 2 though.

The top 3 are extremely close, but after that, there isn't much hope for promotion. I'll be happy to hold onto this spot. I'm hoping to have another good run in the IAC this season, hopefully getting past the groups again.. Finally, I'm hoping for some midfielders or another striker in my youths this season. I've been getting too many good defensive minded players lately (4 in the past 5 youth intakes). Not complaining about that, but Schneider needs some better support, and my current central mid pairing of Ebert and Behrens are outclassed too often.

Amateur

Liechtenstein 2020 Review

Senior

They've done it again. Losing every game this year saw them drop back to last in the world. I wonder how many managerial changes they have to go through before they realise the national team isn't going anywhere in a hurry?

U21

A couple of decent wins, but it didn't save them from last place in their group. FC Ruggell players played some vital roles, along with former Ruggel now Vaduz winger Stadler. Some positives have arisen from the future of Liechtenstein, I just wonder if they have the ability to make a mark on the senior international stage. Even getting Liechtenstein back into the top 200 would be an achievement at the moment.

U19

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group 1 | Qualifying Group 2

First Liechtenstein side to qualify for anything, even if it's just the next stage of qualification. I don't expect much more considering the strength of opposition they're up against in their new group, but it is a step forward.

Code:

Liechtenstein World Rankings |Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference | |------------------------------------------------------------| |Start | - | - | 119 | - | |2011 | 184 | 119 | 145 | -26 | |2012 | 103 | 145 | 185 | -40 | |2013 | 161 | 185 | 137 | +48 | |2014 | 72 | 137 | 187 | -50 | |2015 | 49 | 187 | 202 | -15 | |2016 | 66 | 202 | 197 | +5 | |2017 | 26 | 197 | 206 | -9 | |2018 | 15 | 206 | 208 | -2 | |2019 | 37 | 208 | 205 | +3 | |2020 | 15 | 205 | 208 | -3 | --------------------------------------------------------------

Amateur

FC Ruggell 2021 Youth Intake

Youth Candidates Squad

Starting to see some players with lesser ability, so it means we are getting somewhere (I Hope). Again, there was only one stand out player, with a couple of decent backup looking players as well.

Ernst Jung - YP11 (Coach Report) - Yes! I was hoping for a midfielder, and I got it. Looks more defensive minded then the playmaker I was hoping for, but I can move Jokubowski (YP3) to a more advanced role now, and have Jung and Fehr in the defensive mid roles. Definetely looking good enough to slot into the team, great physicals and decent mentals as well.

Ralf Beckmann - This years goalkeeper, has decent potential, but I don't see Dominic Riedel being unseated from his goalkeeper throne any time soon.

Manuel Kessel - Has decent pace, but probably won't be any more than a backup in the future.

Dennis Hofmann - Apperntly has the same current ability as Jung, but I don't see it. Still, has the potential to be decent.

Christopher Pohl - With Lang and Arndt controlling the central defence spots, Pohl will be little more than backup.

The match between the current youths and the candidates finished 1-0 to the current youth team.

Amateur

January 2021

The new year started off with a disappointing loss to YF Juventus. The game could have gone either way, unfortunately a penalty saw them take the lead with 20 minutes to go, and we couldn't recover from that. This was followed by our first game of the IAC, a 3-0 win over Winkeln SG. Schneider scored 2 goals during the match, and continued that next game, with both goals in our 2-0 win over Embrach. This was followed with a tough game to SV Schaffhausen in our 2 game in the groups, a 0-0 result the fairest after an even game. After three straight IAC games, we were back in the league with a game away to Thalwil. We left it late, but scored 3 goals in the final 20 minutes to take home a strong victory. Finally, we were left with a to Neiderweningen, who we had to come from behind to beat 2-1. We finished on 7 points, equal with SV Schaffhausen. Their +5 goal difference saw them progress from the groups, which was disappointing as we could have beaten them on our day.

February 2021

Only one game in February due to our short lived IAC campaign, but it was a great game as we thrashed Cham 4-0. Centre back Kai Arndt somehow scored a hat trick, with a penalty, a tap in from a deflected shot and a bicycle kick from the near post at a corner. An unbelievable display from the kid.

March 2021

Into March, and with that began the count in to the end of the season. The first game against Wiedikon ZH put us 8 points in front of them. However, we couldn't find the winner in our next game with a 1-1 draw to Gossau, leaving our spot still not fully secured. I think we can stay in 5th. Besides SV Schaffhausen and Locarno, the run in is fairly tame so I should be able to pick up the points. The games against the bottom two clubs should help in securing the spot.

A good few months, the only loss being to YF Juventus that could have gone our way if we had a bit of luck. Either way, I'm happy with how the boys have played. SV Schaffhausen have dropped away from top place and now it looks like Bellinzona are going to be promoted. At the other end, it looks like the relegations is all but assured. 8 points separate 15th from 14th, and I think it's a bit too late for either team to turn around their form.

Third Team

It's been a good season and you have the best defence which is a good showing

Reserves

More goals would be a better showing.

Youth Team

Ernest Jung looks like a great youth candidate! Glad to see someone getting them

Amateur

It's been a good season and you have the best defence which is a good showing
    More goals would be a better showing.
    Yeah, if we can improve the attack, I'd say a top 3 finish is achievable. The defence has been fantastic though, barring a few slip ups earlier in the season against Cham and Wiedikon.

Ernest Jung looks like a great youth candidate! Glad to see someone getting them
    Jung definitely looks like he'll play a role for a while. Just wish I could get another good striker to come through.

Amateur

FC Ruggell April - May/End of Season Review

April 2021

A pretty symmetrical month. Our 2-0 loss to Locarno was pretty pathetic, we didn't show up. We showed up against Freienbach, but weren't clinical enough as we drew 0-0. Finally though, we dominated Estavayer, winning 2-0 and having a mammoth 77% of the possession.

May 2021

After controlling our last match so easily, we were completely played off the park by SV Schaffhausen, somehow managing a 1-1 draw. Similarly, we played poorly against Raperswil, but managed another 1-1 draw. We finished the season off strongly with a 2-0 win over Old Boys, with a Sebastian Schneider brace ensuring the victory.

Same position as last season, with the same amount of wins, one more draw and one less loss meaning we grabbed one more point than last season. Our defence was rather spectacular, conceding the least goals in the league. If we can keep that and improve our attack, promotion won't be out of our grasp. As it stands, I think we are one great striker away from promotion. Schneider can't do all the work by himself.

Good, we didn't go too far into the red. That should mean if I organise 4 more leagues this season, I should stay in the black by about 50k next season, depending on prize money earned throughout the year.

Youth Prospects

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - Still playing decently, but probably won't be able to play much beyond this level. Barring injuries, will have the most appearances for the club after next season.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Broke the 100 appearance barrier this season, and played fantastic throughout the season. Had the second highest average rating, showing he has consistency.

Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - Scored 21 goals this season. Not as prolific as last season, but still had a great return. Broke 100 appearances this season, and hopefully will become the clubs top goalscorer next season.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Wasn't held back by injuries this season, and his game kept improving. Really becoming a great anchor man.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - One of the central defenders, definitely showing experience and maturity beyond his years.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Showed even more maturity in his first season than Lang showed in his second. Only picked up one booking this season compared to Lang's 6 yellows and 1 red. Improved phenomenally throughout the season.

Ernst Jung (YP11) - Played every game after he came through. Stil too early to judge him, but played decently. Was a bit worried when he picked up a yellow early in his first game, but hasn't been in the ref's books since.

Code:

FC Ruggell Season by Season |Season | Tier | Position | Swiss Cup | What Happened?| |----------------------------------------------------------| |2011/12 | 6th | 1st | 1st Round | Promotion | |2012/13 | 5th | 1st | 4th Round | Promotion | |2013/14 | 4th | 5th | 4th Round | Nothing | |2014/15 | 4th | 7th | 1st Round | Nothing | |2015/16 | 4th | 3rd | 1st Round | Nothing | |2016/17 | 4th | 2nd | 5th Round | Nothing | |2017/18 | 4th | 2nd | 6th Round | Nothing | |2018/19 | 4th | 1st | 1st Round | Promotion!! | |2019/20 | 3rd | 5th | 5th Round | IAC Semis | |2020/21 | 3rd | 5th | 4th Round | Consolidation| ------------------------------------------------------------

Reserves

Just gotta score more and you can challenge for promotion. Turn your league high draws into a few more wins.

Amateur

FC Ruggell PreSeason/July - September Review

PreSeason 2021

Fixtures

Another 4 leagues, with some surprise wins over a couple of the super League teams. Hopefully with that money I can stay in the black this season. Will be dependant on cup runs though, we're losing close to 120k each month.

July 2021

We were hoping to imrpove this season, with more goals and a similar defence the main goal. As seems to be the norm, the season kicked off away from home. This year, we travelled to Biaschesi. Thanks to goals by Schneider and Stock, we opened our season with a 2-1 win. We followed this up with a great 2-0 win over YF Juventus, before finishing off the season with a 0-0 draw with SV Schaffhausen. These results gave us our best start to a league since 2017/18. It provided a great platform to build on for the season.

August 2021

This month, we seemed to fall back into our shell a bit. The first game against Goldau could have been 3-0, but Schneider missed 2 penalties. This was followed by another 1-0 win in the cup, before Schneider missed another penalty as we drew 0-0 with Bruhl. The bad luck continued in the next match, as we conceded late to draw 1-1 with Wiedikon ZH, before winning the 2nd Round of the Swiss Cup 2-0 over Kloten. We ended the month in disappointing fashion though, losing 1-0 to Locarno.

September 2021

The start of September saw us face off against fellow Liechtenstein club Balzers, where we left it late to secure a 2-1 win. Our inconsistency got the better of us next game though, as Rapperswil defeated 1-0 to push ahead of us. Our next game against Cham looked headed for a draw as well, before Lang headed in from a corner to give us a much needed win. Our next game was in the 3rd round of the cup against non-league side Raron. Our superiority showed as we thumped them 5-0, Schneider scoring 3 and setting up 2. We then faced Thalwil, a team I expected maximum points from. However, we played pretty disappointingly and slumped to a 1-1 draw

Still pretty close at the top. We will need to start playing a bit more consistently to challenge for top spot though. I think we are 2 good players (more accurately, a good play maker midfielder and target man striker) away from being consistent. Still doing pretty rubbish up front, equal third worse attack. Thankfully we still have the best defence in the league. Next month will be tough, we are playing top place Gossau and recently relegated Sarnen. Hopefully, their poor form will go in our favour. Our cup game is against 5th tier Boudry, so I'm hopeful of progression there. Overall, it's looking to be another similar season for the club.

Semi Pro

I've just read through all of this - an excellent career so far, Scarman, and I'll keep following your efforts.

Part-Timer

good career so far. good luck with the rest will give it a follow

Third Team

Looks like last seasons problems are popping up,hope you can turn it around somehow.

Reserves

Are your attacking players not very good?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Spav View Post
    I've just read through all of this - an excellent career so far, Scarman, and I'll keep following your efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by FMtillidie View Post
    good career so far. good luck with the rest will give it a follow
    Thanks Spav & FMtillidie!

Looks like last seasons problems are popping up,hope you can turn it around somehow.
    It's picked up a bit since then, 13 goals in 6 league games!

Are your attacking players not very good?
    Besides Schneider, no. Our best players are defensive, hence the best defence in the league and all that haha.

I thought this game was a bit uncharacteristic! Some decent goals in there, Schneider's was pretty classy and Markus Holzer's was a screamer.

Amateur

October 2021

October started with some international fixtures, with Fehr, Schneider, Lang, Arndt and Riedel all earning their first caps, and Keller being called back into the squad for the first time in a few years. They rode that high into the next league game, played against struggling Sarnen. Schneider slotted 2 goals and Jokubowski scored the third in a 3-1 win. We followed this up with 2-0 win in the Cup, and another 2-0 win over Gossau. However, we ended the month disappointingly, with a 2-0 loss to recently relegated Chiasso.

November 2021

We regained form in our next game, defeating Ruthi 2-0 to finish off the first half of the season. Our next game we ran out 1-0 victors over Biaschesi, in a tough game that prepared us for the next round of the Swiss Cup. It was going to be a tough game, against Super League club Young Boys. We played pretty well, but couldn't score. Young Boys got a late goal and knocked us out in a valiant effort against a great club. This was followed up with an entertaining 5-3 win over YF Juventus. A great month, 3 wins from 3 in the league.

December 2021

SV Schaffhausen met us in our first game of December. It was an even game and that reflected on the scoreboard. 1-1 was the result. We then met bottom placed Goldau, who have terrible attack and defence. We got another 5 goal haul, while they got one back. It was a great way to finish off the year, and puts us in great stead for the new year.

Our attack has suddenly spiked up to 8th in the league, while our defence is now 2nd best. 3 points off top spot, and we've still got to play Wiedikon (away) and Rapperswil (home). I wasn't expecting this, but if we get the right results, we could grab promotion this season.

Amateur

Liechtenstein 2021 Review

Senior

The win and the draw lifted them off the bottom of the world (finally). Luxembourg have taken their place as worst team in Europe and the World, so at least Liechtenstein can claim that now. World Cup campaign was horrendous, 52 conceded in 10 games is simply unspeakable in my opinion.

U21

A poor year for the U21's, with only a draw with Andorra preventing them from losing every game. Dead last in their qualifying, and looking more and more likely not to be progressing anywhere any time soon.

U19

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group (Stage 2; Previous Campaign) | Qualifying Group (Recent Campaign)

Decent year. As I expected, didn't gain anything from their 2nd phase group, but I feel they should have progressed from their 1st phase group at the end of the year. I don't see how Albania are beating us at every level.

Code:

Liechtenstein World Rankings |Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference | |------------------------------------------------------------| |Start | - | - | 119 | - | |2011 | 184 | 119 | 145 | -26 | |2012 | 103 | 145 | 185 | -40 | |2013 | 161 | 185 | 137 | +48 | |2014 | 72 | 137 | 187 | -50 | |2015 | 49 | 187 | 202 | -15 | |2016 | 66 | 202 | 197 | +5 | |2017 | 26 | 197 | 206 | -9 | |2018 | 15 | 206 | 208 | -2 | |2019 | 37 | 208 | 205 | +3 | |2020 | 15 | 205 | 208 | -3 | |2021 | 34 | 208 | 203 | +5 | --------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast