+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [FM12] Taking Liechtenstein to the Top

Semi Pro

Good luck

Amateur

Going great! Getting into second tier will change things, in that moment you'll reach serious football!

Youth Team

Great season so far. A few more goals and the 2nd half will be yours!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    Good luck
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soldatino View Post
    Going great! Getting into second tier will change things, in that moment you'll reach serious football!
    It will certainly be tough, but I'm looking forward to it simply because I will turn professional. Even if I did go back down the season after promotion, I would have sign my best players to long term pro deals so they can train longer and get better faster.

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Great season so far. A few more goals and the 2nd half will be yours!
    Thanks

Amateur

FC Ruggell 2022 Youth Intake

Youth Candidates Squad

Pretty average year, with only 3 notable players.

Maximilian Reichel - YP12 (Coach Report) - Rated with the ability to be a leading Super League left back in the future, definitely fills a position that lacks a bit of quality. Molded the way I like as well, seeing that my full backs act as wingers as well, so will see a fair bit of action in the first team squad.

Karl-Heinz Heinrichs - Has the ability to be a decent Superleague midfielder, and can act as a back up for the mean time. Should get a run in the first team sometime next season.

Sebastian Moritz - The worst of these three players, rated with the ability to be a leading striker in my current division. Could be a decent backup in the future though.

My candidates beat my youth team for a change, though it was thanks to the under 21 players in their team. The game finished 3-0.

Amateur

FC Ruggell January - March Review

January 2022

No new years celebrations for our players, our first game of 2022 was played on New Years Day. Luckily, we celebrated with a win, Schneider getting a brace in the 2-1 win. This was followed by our first IAC game of the season, and it was a yawnfest against FC Contone. Only 5 shots at goal from both teams in 120 minutes, before we won the penalty shoot out. This was followed by 2 group games, first a 5-1 thrashing of Buochs, before defeating Lachlen/Altendorf 3-1. We couldn't continue this free scoring football though, as we drew 0-0 with Wiedikon, before finishing the month by taking out our group with a 3-0 win over Lyss.

February 2022

February turned out to be an eventful month, due to our IAC run. First off tough was a league game against Locarno, who we have struggled against in the past. This time though, we were unlucky to only win 1-0. We then played fellow league side Gossau in the IAC and won easily with a 2-0 win, before securing another 1-0 win over Breitenrain to march through to the semis. Here we met Rapperswil, and despite taking an early lead, we couldn't hold onto the lead as we lost in extra time 2-1. We were missing Schneider for this game though, so we weren't at our strongest. Still a good IAC campaign. Rapperswil ended up beating SV Schaffhausen in the final.

March 2022

We began the March a second home sellout in a row against Rapperswil, this one could decide 1st place. Instead of the great game that was promised, a cautious 0-0 draw was played out, and Rapperswil kept a 1 point advantage. They kept this advantage in their next game, beating Locarno 3-2 while we defeated fellow Liechtenstein club Balzers 2-1.

It's pretty tight at the top. We've got a pretty good run in, playing Thalwil (A), Cham (H), Gossua (H), Sarnen (A), Chiasso (H), Ruthi (A). The tougest games are being played at home, so hopefully that can pull us over the line. Wasn't expecting to be this close to top this season, and i still don't think this is our season. Certainly sets a good platform for next season though if we stay down.

Reserves

A nice long unbeaten streak was what you needed to get near the top. Keep it up.

Youth Team

6 matches to go I feel it!

Amateur

Thanks rancer & cerud! Just thought I'd update on the situation with 2 games left.

5 teams can still finish top! This an insanely close season.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

That is a very interesting league table. What are the remaining fixtures?

Amateur

I've played another, so now the table reads -

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    | 1st | SV Schaffhausen | 29 | 17 | 7 | 5 | +31 | 58 |
    | 2nd | FC Ruggell      | 29 | 16 |10 | 3 | +25 | 58 |
    | 3rd | Rapperswil      | 29 | 15 |10 | 4 | +23 | 55 |
    ------------------------------------------------------
    We play 9th placed Ruthi, while Schaffhausen play last placed Goldau and Rapperswil play 8th placed Chiasso. Locarno and Gossau both dropped out of the title race. Schaffhausen have an extremely easy game, especially at home, so unless if we can somehow overturn their goal difference in the next game, they will be playing in the Challenge League next season. Those darn draws cost us I can't see them dropping the points.

Amateur

Good luck hopefully Goldau do you a massive favour

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by powells_red_army View Post
    Good luck hopefully Goldau do you a massive favour
    Unfortunately they didn't get the message, Schaffhausen won 7-2 At least we finished the season by thrashing Ruthi 4-0

Amateur

FC Ruggell April - May/End of Season Review

April 2022

We needed wins coming into this month, one point off top spot. It didn't start the way I wanted it to though, with a 1-1 draw to Thalwil. Rapperswil lost their game though, so we joined them at the top. We then over took them with a demolition of Cham, 4-0 the result there, before dropping off top spot with another disappointing draw, this time to Gossau. We couldn't show our dominance on the scoreboard. Ultimately, this draw in particular, seeing how well we played, would come to haunt us.

May 2022

We began the month with another 0-0 draw, this game being fairly even. Still disappointed we couldn't push through with a goal though, and take top spot. But we fell back on even points with SV Schaffhausen, and that's how it would stay for the rest of the season, despite taking apart Chiasso 3-0 and Ruthi 4-0.

If we couldn't have won just one of those draws, we would have been top of the league. Still, despite being cruel, it was a fantastic season, one I hope to improve on next season with top spot. We had the best defence again, with the next best letting in 12 more goals! Our attack sort of came together at the end of the season, and we showed some glimpses of brilliance throughout the season. If we can maintain that attack for a full season, we should come out on top of the league.

Squad | Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

Turns out 4 preseason leagues gives us enough money for 13 months of losses. With that in mind, we will slowly but surely gain money. Other than that, no real change to anything.

Youth Prospects

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - Another solid season the midfielder. Never really shined above anyone else, but remained consistent throughout the course of the season.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Decent year, played at a good standard besides picking up our first red card of the season in April.

Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - Another great season, broke 100 goals for the club in only 146 games. Also already a club legend. I'm putting money down that if we ever get a new stadium, it will be called Schneider Stadium. Imagine if he's still playing for the club if that happens! Could of had 3 more goals, but missed all three penalties. If he had just scored the penalty against Bruhl back in August we would have finished top...

Florian Fehr (YP8) - A great year from the defensive midfielder, never put a foot wrong.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Got our 2nd and final redd card of the season in May, but besides that had a great season. Didn't even get a yellow card, so besides a minor slip up, was extremely disciplined.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - A very solid season from the centre back.

Ernst Jung (YP11) - Improved out of sight this season, looks to have the quality to be able to stick with the club for a long while.

Maximilian Reichel (YP12) - Scored a goal, set up two and got a man of the match in his first 8 games ever for the club. Not a bad start, and will hopefully improve on that next season.

Part-Timer

good update doing well

Amateur

FIFA 2022 World Cup

Hosts - Qatar
    Holders - Brazil

Group Stage

Group A - Columbia (7); Belgium (7); Egypt (3); Qatar (0)
    Group B - Spain (9); Mexico (6); Chile (3); Serbia (0)
    Group C - Czech Republic (6); Australia (6); Italy (3); South Africa (3)
    Group D - France (7); Argentina (7); USA (3); UAE (0)
    Group E - Germany (9); Costa Rica (4); Slovenia (2); Mali (1)
    Group F - Wales (5); Uruguay (5); Portugal (5); Ivory Coast (0)
    Group G - Brazil (9); Sweden (4); South Korea (3); Jamaica (1)
    Group H - England (9); Denmark (6); Ghana (3); Saudi Arabia (0)

Second Round

Mexico 0 - 2 Columbia
    Spain 0 - 2 Belgium
    Czech Republic 0 - 1 Argentina
    Australia 2 - 4 France
    Germany 2 - 0 Uruguay
    Wales 1 - 0 Costa Rica
    Denmark p2-2 Brazil
    England 1 - 2e Sweden

Quarter Final

Columbia 0 - 2 France
    Belgium e1 - 0 Argentina
    Germany 3 - 0 Sweden
    Wales e3 - 2 Denmark

Semi Final

France p1 - 1 Wales
    Belgium 1 - 0 Germany

Third Place Playoff

Germany 1 - 0 Wales

Final

France 0 - 1e Belgium

Golden Ball - Romelu Lukaka (Belgium)
    Golden Shoe - Stefen Caton; 8 goals (Wales)
    Best Goalkeeper - Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Germany)
    Best Young Player - Jhojan Cedano (Columbia)

Not many notable absentees this year, however Netherlands and Japan are probably the biggest in their respective confederations. Belgium winning was a bit of a surprise, but they earned it, taking out Spain, Argentina, Germany and France and coming 30th in the world rankings to win it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by FMtillidie View Post
    good update doing well
    Thanks FMtillidie

Amateur

Will you ever be able to play in the Champions League from Swiss leagues with Liechtenstein's team?

Third Team

So close to going up,very unlucky on just missing out.

Amateur

Agonizingly close to promotion there. One goal differential of all things!

You're improving steadily next year will be your year!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by nie jem frytek View Post
    Will you ever be able to play in the Champions League from Swiss leagues with Liechtenstein's team?
    I think I'd be able to, because the game only recognising Vaduz as a Liechtenstein team due to there being no Liechtenstein Cup. If not... well, I can still dominate Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    So close to going up,very unlucky on just missing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Agonizingly close to promotion there. One goal differential of all things!

You're improving steadily next year will be your year!
    Thanks guys! It was pretty gut wrenching, especially when I look back and see draws I should have won, but that FM I guess.

Part-Timer

Scarman, can I ask you a question about the custom database you're using?:

I downloaded it and tried using it as the only custom database but this keeps on coming up: Sports Interactive/............./editor data/Suisse_Tier6_FM2012_alt2.dbc
    Trophée André Abegglen - Too many Teams (12) requested from 3L Association cantonale vaudoise de football Gr.1 (11 Teams)

When it finally proceeds to the game setup screen it says there are aren't enough teams request from the Super League (Only 9 teams found, minimum of 10).

Have you encountered similar problems? What do I do?

Reserves

Surely you can do it next year.

Amateur

letissierandhenryaregreat - Which database are you using? When I started the game I had to use the "Default" database, because the file wouldn't work with "12.2.0 Update" one.

deltablue - Thanks for the support, it'll be a tough season, but if we can cut out the draws a bit it should be possible.
    Last edited by Scarman; 22-04-2012 at 11:53.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Scarman View Post
    letissierandhenryaregreat - Which database are you using? When I started the game I had to use the "Default" database, because the file wouldn't work with "12.2.0 Update" one.

deltablue - Thanks for the support, it'll be a tough season, but if we can cut out the draws a bit it should be possible.
    Oh right I see, thanks for that. I was trying to use it with "12.2.0 Update".

Part-Timer

So unlucky You'll go up next season!

Amateur

FC Ruggell PreSeason/July - September Review

PreSeason

Fixtures

July 2022

It was a good start to the season, with 2 wins and a tight loss to Chiasso. The season began with an important win over title contenders Wiedikon, Schneider scoring the only goal in the 1-0 win. The next game was disappointing, losing late to Chiasso when we deserved the draw. The final game was another dominant performance over Liechtenstein club Balzers, 1-0 the result there to conclude a month of low scoring, tight games.

August 2022

As close to a perfect month as anything. An opening 2-0 win over grasshoppers U21 set the scene for the month, before taking out Drina Fiado in the cup 3-0. We then demolished Cham 4-1, conceding our only goal of the month, before Schneider scored a hat trick in our 4-0 win over YF Juventus. Another dominant win over Club Lusitano Gland in the cup, 3-0 the result there, before we defeated recently relegated Tuggen 2-0.

September 2022

We slipped up a bit this month, conceding a ton of goals. It started with a draw to Biaschesi, with them coming from behind twice for the 2-2 result. We picked ourselves up for a 3-2 win over FC Paradiso, though our defence was disappointing. Our conceding 2 goal trend continued in our 2-1 loss to Rapperswil, before regaining some form with a 4-0 win over Flawil in the cup. The month ended in disappointment with a 1-0 loss to title contenders Gossau.

We're close to the top, though last month was disappointing with the loss to Rapperswil and Gossau, along with the draw to winless Biaschesi. Our defence, despite the slip ups last month, has been good, and our attack has stepped up a notch this season. Hopefully we can continue like this and get into top spot. Schneider, as usual, has been brilliant, but I really need a second great striker to fire in the goals when he has an off game.

Youth Team

Ouch! 10 draws in your last season did end up hurting But this year is looking good. At least a better win ratio so far.

Solid start to the season. Still plenty of time left.

Third Team

Very good start,still have plenty of time to turn things around and your only 3 points behind first place which is always good at this stage of this season.

Reserves

Slightly slow start but can still push on.

Amateur

You still got this! Once the boys get in form you'll run over everyone.

So close last season, losing promotion on goal difference! Oh well, good luck this season!

Amateur

Thanks guys! Consistency has been the big issue this season, but I'm hoping we can pull off a late charge in the league!

FC Ruggell October - December Review

October 2022

We started off November brilliantly, destroying Thalwil 4-0, before Schneider scored 4 of his own in our 7-0 thrashing of Wettingen in the Cup. After that, October was a bit of a let down month, losing 2-0 to Locarno before dropping more home points to Bruhl in a game we dominated. After this game, we were 8 points of top spot, and I figured it wasn't going to be our year.

November 2022

Some of that hope was reinstated with a 3-0 win over Ruthi, bringing us back to 6 points, before we hosted Chiasso. A win would have been great for our promotion chances, but we could only manage a scoreless draw. We then marched on in the cup, defeating Delemont 3-1 in extra time, though they probably were the better team in regular time. The last game of the month was extremely poor, losing 4-2 to Wiedikon in a game our defence was complete shambles.

December 2022

We picked up some form in December with an undefeated month. First an away game against Balzers, where we thrashed them 4-0, before making it through to the quarter finals of the Cup for the first time in our history with a 1-0 win over Fribourg. We continued with a 2-1 win over Grasshoppers U21 which really should have been heavier, before finishing out the month with a 2-2 to Cham, which in my opinion we should have won.

Losing the games to Locarno and Wiedikon have really been disappointing, as have dropping the points against Bruhl, Chiasso and Cham, all games we had enough opportunities to win. Our Swiss Cup campaign could easily continue into the semis, with an achievable tie against another 3rd tier side in Yverdon. 10 games to go this season, and we still have a chance of promotion, but I don't think this is the season.

Your only 6 points way though, so anything is possible. And the relegation battle is looking good too!

Amateur

Liechtenstein 2022 Review

Senior

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Rankings

Same old same old for Liechtenstein, only game they didn't lose was to Malta with a 1-1 draw. Sacked another manager this season, and didn't laugh off my job offer this s=time. Still didn't get the job, but it looks as though ither my rep is increasing or the nations is decreasing Hopefully they'll think I'm good enough when I get to the Challenge league.

U21

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

Start the year off poorly, but got some better results later in the year. Still nothing in qualification though.

U19

Not as good a year as previous years, and nothing from qualification. Hopefully something will come from the youth sides soon, even if it's just qualification again to another phase of qualification.

Code:

Liechtenstein World Rankings |Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference | |------------------------------------------------------------| |Start | - | - | 119 | - | |2011 | 184 | 119 | 145 | -26 | |2012 | 103 | 145 | 185 | -40 | |2013 | 161 | 185 | 137 | +48 | |2014 | 72 | 137 | 187 | -50 | |2015 | 49 | 187 | 202 | -15 | |2016 | 66 | 202 | 197 | +5 | |2017 | 26 | 197 | 206 | -9 | |2018 | 15 | 206 | 208 | -2 | |2019 | 37 | 208 | 205 | +3 | |2020 | 15 | 205 | 208 | -3 | |2021 | 34 | 208 | 203 | +5 | |2022 | 27 | 203 | 204 | -1 | --------------------------------------------------------------

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatTraveler View Post
    Your only 6 points way though, so anything is possible. And the relegation battle is looking good too!
    Thanks! It is still close up there, but I think with us still battling in the Swiss Cup, plus the IAC still to come, that it will be too much for us this season. Not giving up yet though!

Youth Team

Still have hope! A lot can happen in 10 matches

Amateur

Still have hope! A lot can happen in 10 matches
    A lot can, but we've been disappointing in the league.

FC Ruggell 2023 Youth Intake

Absolutely rubbish intake. The best players were 2 goalkeepers, both of which have less ability and potential than my incumbent #1. Hopefully this is just a blip on the radar and not a sign of things to come. No one merits the title of Youth Prospect this season.

Fritz Breu

Heinz Muller

Nils Schmidt

My current youth side beat the candidates 2-0.

Amateur

January 2023

A very average month, where the only wins were against 4th tier sides. It started out well enough, with a 5-0 win over Terre-Sainte, before finding Chiasso a bit more of a challenge to break down, drawing 0-0. We then lost our composure as we slumped to a 3-0 defeat to Fribourg, before suffering another 0-0 draw with YF Juventus, in a game where we were missing 6 first team regulars through yellow card suspension (The carding rules in this league update are a bit dodgy, players only serve suspension in league matches, but cards from all Swiss competitions count, so it all tally's up around this time of the season). We finished the month as we started, another 5-0 win over a 4th tier side, this time Aadorf.

February 2023

Only one match this month due to our short IAC campaign, with a 1-1 draw to Tuggen the result. Bit of a disappointment, we really needed to start winning games.

March 2023

We began the month with our Swiss Cup quarter final, where we fought back from 1-0 down to beat 3rd tier Yverdon 2-1! We march into the semis, we a lucrative away tie against Zurich coming up, with the losing prize money 111k to add to the gate receipts (if we lose, of course). We then thrashed FC Paradiso 4-0, before suffering our 4th league draw in 5 games with a 0-0 draw to Rapperswil.

Draws have destroyed our promotion hopes again, with 4 draws in 5 games. Still mathematically possible, but I think we will be in the league for another season. Add this onto our terrible intake, it could be a few seasons before we get the players needed (Another striker, some good players for some backup). Looking forward to the Swiss Cup, if we somehow beat Zurich it would be amazing!

Amateur

Zurich vs Ruggell

Our most famous victory! We are somehow into the Swiss Cup Final against Basel!!!!

We might not be getting promoted, but what a season nonetheless!
    Last edited by Scarman; 24-04-2012 at 14:56.

League Season-Meh
    Cup-Great Job getting into the final!!

Amateur

Really great job getting in the Cup Final. Go on and do the Giant Killing.

I can actually imagine you'll be doing the same thing if you beat Basel. Hell, I used to do the same thing when winning cup matches.

Amateur

League Season-Meh
    Cup-Great Job getting into the final!!
    Thanks! It wasn't all meh though, I did have a strong end to the season and finished in 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Ratonbox View Post
    Really great job getting in the Cup Final. Go on and do the Giant Killing.

I can actually imagine you'll be doing the same thing if you beat Basel. Hell, I used to do the same thing when winning cup matches.
    That's exactly how I was when I beat Zurich. Basel on the other hand were a different story, we were completely outclassed and lost 4-0! I think we only had 2 shots the entire game to their 18 or something.

Amateur

FC Ruggell April - May/End of Season Review

April 2023

At the beginning of April, I knew there was next to no chance of my team finishing top. But, I didn't want them to go out without a fight! We first faced Biaschesi, where Schneider grabbed a brace as we ran out 3-0 victors, before falling into a regular trap of having a draw after a good game, 1-1 against Gossau. We then faced a team we usually struggle against in Locarno, but hopefully as a sign of things to come, we annihilated the, 4-0 the final score, before we faced a trip to Zurich for the Swiss Cup Semi Final. Somehow, we got a 2-0 lead, and from there, the game was fairly even as we held on for a 2-1 victory to make it through to the clubs first ever cup final!

May 2023

After coming off the high of beating Zurich, we continued our run of good form in the league, thrashing Thalwil 4-1 and Bruhl 4-2, before suddenly being in 2nd place with the final game still to play. It was more than i had hoped for after an indifferent season, and we kept the spot with a 2-1 win over Ruthi. Our final game of the year was the cup final, with 90 minutes standing between us and the Europa League! Unfortunately, Basel turned up to play, and there was nothing we could do as they played us off the pithc, eventually running out 4-0 winners. It was still a fantastic campaign, and because of our exploits we received the Best Team to the Swiss Cup award and a rather healthy rep boost.

We managed to grab second place for a second year running, and had the best defence (not as good as last season though) and equal best goal difference. If we can bring our defence back to last season and keep that attack, we will have a great shot at promotion. Last time we finished 2nd in consecutive seasons, we were promoted the following season. A good omen, perhaps?

The money from the swiss cup meant that the board finally approved the plans and paid out the money for youth facilities! Now we will have our very own, and won't have to pay whatever the rent would have been. After that was paid for, the finances dropped to 200k, which was my goal for the season anyway with the leagues, so the cup money was brilliant.

Youth Prospects

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - Played a fair few games, but was forced out of the first team due to better young players stepping up.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Had a good season on the flank, still is a bit stupid in challenges, getting 8 yellows and a red.

Sebasian Schneider (YP7) - Another brilliant season where he broke his own record of 36 goals in a season by scoring 38! Is also a bit stupid in challenges, giving away 7 yellows and a red, but because of his goalscoring exploits, I can forgive him.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Stepped up from only just being an anchor man this season, and contributed 12 assists! He really is a brilliant player.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Was less stupid this season and had a pretty good year, minus a form slump in January.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Had a pretty rock solid year at the back, definitely a key player for the team.

Ernst Jung (YP11) - Keeps getting better and better! Manages to score screamers from outside the box and all in all, a great player for the team.

Maximilian Riechel (YP12) - Unfortunately spent a lot of the season nursing injuries, although most of that came in periods of only a few games. A few of my players have gone through this in the past, and hopefully it's just a first season thing and not a long term thing.

Code:

FC Ruggell Season by Season |Season | Tier | Position | Swiss Cup | What Happened? | |---------------------------------------------------------------| |2011/12 | 6th | 1st | 1st Round | Promotion | |2012/13 | 5th | 1st | 4th Round | Promotion | |2013/14 | 4th | 5th | 4th Round | Nothing | |2014/15 | 4th | 7th | 1st Round | Nothing | |2015/16 | 4th | 3rd | 1st Round | Nothing | |2016/17 | 4th | 2nd | 5th Round | Nothing | |2017/18 | 4th | 2nd | 6th Round | Nothing | |2018/19 | 4th | 1st | 1st Round | Promotion!! | |2019/20 | 3rd | 5th | 5th Round | IAC Semis | |2020/21 | 3rd | 5th | 4th Round | Consolidation | |2021/22 | 3rd | 2nd | 5th Round | IAC Semis | |2022/23 | 3rd | 2nd | Runners Up | Swiss Cup Finalist| -----------------------------------------------------------------

Good Finish to the season, the Basel result aside.
    I got inspired by this thread and have started a save in 3L with the same database. Different team though, but should be interesting.

Very solid season!!!

Third Team

Brilliant season overall,hopefully your right and third time will be the charm.

Reserves

Definitely should be third time lucky.

Amateur

Good Finish to the season, the Basel result aside.
    I got inspired by this thread and have started a save in 3L with the same database. Different team though, but should be interesting.
    Thanks! I knew it was going to be a tough game so I wasn't too surprised by the result. Good luck with your save, which team did you start with?

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Very solid season!!!
    Thanks

Brilliant season overall,hopefully your right and third time will be the charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Definitely should be third time lucky.
    I hope so as well guys

In a bit of depressing news, my save has become unbelievably slower for some reason (less responsive and such). Don't even have the faintest clue why, seeing I only have the Swiss leagues running and have never added new leagues to the save... Gonna keep going, but it has been frustrating to say the least.

Amateur

On a different note, this is why I love having U21 teams in the league

Zurich U21 vs Ruggell

Youth Team

Great finish to the season, Scarman! Hope you're able to continue this.

Amateur

Cheers cerud! I'm going to try and keep going, but it's getting a bit frustrating. Takes about 5 minutes to process on game days now, and it took about 15 for the Swiss Cup 1st round. Don't know what caused it, it's been like this since the league reset for the new season.

Looks like I've found the cause - the laptop wasn't recognising the power point the adapter was plugged into, slowly the entire machine down. Back to business at regular speed.

Newer and bigger problem - Schneider wants to move to a bigger club, and got angry at me for rejecting his transfer request. Now moping around on poor moral, and feels our relationship has broken down :/ Hopefully he'll still get the goals for me, he's contracted until 2026 so there's heaps of time to change his mind.
    Last edited by Scarman; 27-04-2012 at 10:16.

Reserves

On a different note, this is why I love having U21 teams in the league

Zurich U21 vs Ruggell
    I fear for Zurich's future

Thanks! I knew it was going to be a tough game so I wasn't too surprised by the result. Good luck with your save, which team did you start with?

FC Bruttisellen Dietlikon. I just call it Brutti. Much simpler

Amateur

I fear for Zurich's future
    We seem to have good luck against Zurich.

FC Bruttisellen Dietlikon. I just call it Brutti. Much simpler
    Definitely easier. In my save they have been a yo-yo club, bouncing around in the 5th and 6th tier. Not many clubs have had massive success though, only club is Entlebuch who started in the 6th tier and is now in the Challenge League. The had a tycoon takeover in 2018 and then went on to 4 successive promotions and are now sitting as a mid table 2nd tier side.

Amateur

FC Ruggell PreSeason/July - September Review

PreSeason 2023

Fixtures

July 2023

The new season began with a trip to newly promoted Appenzell, where we couldn't get the start we wanted so dearly and could only manage a 1-1 draw. This was followed up with another 1-1 draw to Bruhl, giving us our worst start in the league since the year we were promoted.

August 2023

We rocvered from our indifferent start in spectacular fashion, destroying Zurich U21 12-0, starting a string of wins to pull us up the ladder. Our next victim was Grasshoppers U21, winning 2-0 before getting an extra goal in our 3-0 win over Schotz in the cup. We followed this up with the same scoreline in the league, defeating newly relegated side Wil 3-0, before our form ended abruptly, losing 1-0 to Thalwil. We ended the month with another win, 3-0 over Reinach in the cup.

September 2023

After losing to Thalwil in the league, we needed to start winning again. We managed to defeat Ruthi 2-0 in our next game, before a succession of draws put us a long way behind the leaders, with the team unable to find winners against YF Juventus, Tuggen and Wiedikon ZH. We recovered for our cup game against Emmenbrucke, winning 4-1 before picking up form in the league with a 2-0 win over FC Paradiso.

With all of these draws, it's looking like one of those seasons again. We really need to start putting teams away. Some better news though, after losing 8-0 to Poland, the Liechtenstein manager lost his job. I applied and this time got offered the role. My first game in charge was a 3-1 loss to Macedonia, but I had to use the squad the previous manage had left for me. My league side is considerably stronger to be fair, so once I can bring them all together, I might start winning some games.

Yeah, the team I inherited wasn't to good, chose them because they had Decent Youth Facilities, unlikethe others.

Why is it that you are always in 5th at some point during the season?
    Great Job getting the Linchenstein job though. Think you can keep it?

Amateur

I dunno, my team just likes to frustrate me I'm fairly confident that I can retain the position, as long as I defeat the smaller nations and don't get thrashed I should keep the job.

Amateur

October 2023

After falling behind the league leaders so early in the season, Ruggell needed to start winning games and taking advantage of their chances. Their first game of October would be a tough test as they faced Locarno. Ruggell would have the mental advantage over their opponents, winning 4-0 in the previous game, but what played out was a tight 1-1 draw. They found the winning formula in the Swiss Cup against 3rd tier side Zofingen, winning out 3-1 in dominant fashion. Mirko Szymanski was the hero for the game, scoring a brace of goals to help secure the win.

November 2023

The cup games wouldn't help Ruggell's league season though, as promotion looked more and more unlikely heading into the later months of 2023. They faced a run of three tough games, playing away to Gossau and Rapperswil before heading home to face Cham. Gossau game started well, leading 1-0, before going out to 2-1 an equaliser to the home team came through a Jochen Lang own goal. Ruggell couldn't hold out though, conceding a late goal for their seventh draw of the season. This run of draws compounded against Rapperswil, with a 1-1 played out before Cham held them to another draw, 2-2 at home. This dropped them 11 points behind league leaders Wil, and promotion was surely out of grasp.

Ruggell recovered against Appenzell though, winning 3-0 in a dominant performance to pick up three desperately needed points. November ended with a tough game at home in the cup to Super League side St. Gallen. The game started well for the away side, taking a 1-0 lead before Ruggell earned a penalty just before half time. Schneider stepped up and converted the spot kick to go into half time all square. A tight second half was played out, before St. Gallen scored a goal in the 89th minute to secure a late victory.

December 2023

December looked like a month that Ruggell could gain some form in. They started well, defeating Zurich U21 3-0 at home, unable to do a repeat of the 12-0 thrashing earlier in the season, but still picking up a good win. This was followed by a 2-2 draw to Bruhl, a game that could have gone either way and probably ended the right way, both teams settling for the point after a hard fought game. December ended with a game to Grasshoppers U21, were Schneider scored his second hattrick in three games to help his side run out 5-1 winners, and pick up some much needed form going into the end of the season.

We dropped 11 points behind Wil and haven't recovered from that yet. On the good side, Schneider has recovered from his mid season dummy spit and we have thankfully restored our relationship. I think October and November were particularly poor months due to his attitude, but he has picked up some deadly form the past few games and looks to be storming into the 2nd half of the season. Our next game is against Wil, so we will need to win in order to stay in contention for promotion, but 11 points feels like too big a task this season. Nothing has gone our way, shown in our amazingly high 10 draws

Amateur

Liechtenstein 2023 Review

Senior

Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Rankings

Well I finally got the job after another mediocre season from the Liechtenstein manager. The black line shows where I took over. I amnaged 1 draw and 2 losses, although one of the losses was with a squad I didn't pick, and the other was against 13th in the world Czech Republic. The Estonia game we led 2-0 before they showed why they are 54th in the world and came back for a 2-2 draw. Shame we couldn't win that game, but I think we were the better team. Every player who scored for Liechtenstein this season was a Ruggell player.

U21

A pretty good year for the U21's, currently second in their qualifying group. Not sure if second place gets a chance of qualifying through play off, but if they do it could be the nations first ever tournament coming up.

U19

Pretty standard year for the U19's. All the good players that come through either go to the U21's or in some cases the senior squad, so they tend to struggle. Hopefully this will stop one day when we start getting more of the good players throguh. Probably will have to wait for my youth recruitment to improve before that happens though.

Code:

Liechtenstein World Rankings |Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference | |------------------------------------------------------------| |Start | - | - | 119 | - | |2011 | 184 | 119 | 145 | -26 | |2012 | 103 | 145 | 185 | -40 | |2013 | 161 | 185 | 137 | +48 | |2014 | 72 | 137 | 187 | -50 | |2015 | 49 | 187 | 202 | -15 | |2016 | 66 | 202 | 197 | +5 | |2017 | 26 | 197 | 206 | -9 | |2018 | 15 | 206 | 208 | -2 | |2019 | 37 | 208 | 205 | +3 | |2020 | 15 | 205 | 208 | -3 | |2021 | 34 | 208 | 203 | +5 | |2022 | 27 | 203 | 204 | -1 | |2023 | 45 | 204 | 204 | 0 | --------------------------------------------------------------

Reserves

If draws are the problem you're not too far off being able to surge forward, doesn't take much to turn some of those into wins, compared to if you were losing so much.

Amateur

Draws are extremely frustrating, hopefully next year you will escape their evil embrace.

Youth Team

That is a ton of draws. Are they a result f you coming from behind to tie or your opposition ruining your win?

Amateur

If draws are the problem you're not too far off being able to surge forward, doesn't take much to turn some of those into wins, compared to if you were losing so much.
    That's true. If we had won even half of those games, we'd be right in the title race.

Draws are extremely frustrating, hopefully next year you will escape their evil embrace.
    Thanks! I think it will come down to getting another good striker through the youth system to partner Schneider. Unfortunately, that player has been avoiding us for about 7 years now. Wait a minute, what's this? Another youth intake?

FC Ruggell Youth Intake 2024

Stefan Ziereis - YP13 (Coach Report) - Could this fellow be the striker we've been looking for? Has great potential (Leading Axpo Super League), and has good technical attributes. Just gotta improve his physicals and he could be a force to be reckoned with

Michael Preub - The other noteworthy youth to come through. Has decent potential, but I'm not convinced about him yet. Only time will tell if he can become a first team player.

The match between my Youths and the Candidates finished in a 3-3 draw.

Amateur

That is a ton of draws. Are they a result f you coming from behind to tie or your opposition ruining your win?
    It's been from both really. The only thing that has been constant throughout is that we generally have more than enough opportunities to score. During October and November, Schneider was butchering shots because of his poor moral, other times it's because Szymanski isn't good enough to be a regular starter up front.

Youth Team

It's been from both really. The only thing that has been constant throughout is that we generally have more than enough opportunities to score. During October and November, Schneider was butchering shots because of his poor moral, other times it's because Szymanski isn't good enough to be a regular starter up front.
    Ahh...yeah, having a good partnership up front is imperative. I've definitely learned that the hard way

Amateur

Well things seems to be looking up! Ziereis debut game against 2nd place Tuggen went pretty well.

Ruggel vs Tuggen

Scored a goal and set one up before going off injured. Luckily, it was only an injury that kept him out of the game, nothing else.

You seem to have finally have found the striker you needed!!

Amateur

You seem to have finally have found the striker you needed!!
    I hope so, it might take a few seasons before he becomes consistently deadly though.

January 2024

With their chances of promotion all but gone, Ruggell started the new year with a game that would decide if they would have a slim chance this season. Wil proved too much at their home ground though, taking out the game 3-0. The IAC 2nd round followed, where Ruggell faced 3rd tier side Grand-Lancy, and promptly won 5-2, another Schneider hat trick helping them to victory. However, when the groups were drawn Ruggell got the worst one imaginable, having to play against Wil again. This time was no different to the game 2 weeks prior, losing 2-0 despite playing at home. Schneider helped his side gain back some form in the next game against Winkeln SG, winning 3-0, before finishing the month off with a 2-0 win over Thalwil.

February 2024

February hosted two games for the Liechtenstein side.The first was a dead-rubber game to Kriens in the IAC groups, with Szymanski helping the team to a 2-1 win. Ruggell then preceded to slip up against in a 1-1 draw, the first time they have dropped points against the over-achieving club since 2020.

March 2024

Finally Marhc rolled around, and boosted by their youth intake, Ruggell destroyed 2nd placed Tuggen 5-0 at home, showing exactly what the side is capable of. However, in true Ruggell style, they then were completely outplayed in a 2-0 loss to YF Juventus.

A bit lower on the table then where we deserve, but I'm hoping we can rise to at least 5th, if not 4th or 3rd. We've go a pretty easy run in, the only side above us we are playing is Locarno.

Not your best season, hopefully you can improve next season. But maybe promotion right now is not the best idea, specially since there are 6 relegation spots in the Challenge League.

Amateur

Not your best season, hopefully you can improve next season. But maybe promotion right now is not the best idea, specially since there are 6 relegation spots in the Challenge League.
    Actually, there's 3 relegation spots. 3 groups in the 3rd tier, with only one being promoted. With 16 teams, I think I would be able to survive and I step up doesn't seem to be that bad (most teams survive the first season). Along with that, I need to get promoted to go professional so my players can progress more. I also think that Ruggell being semi-pro is holding the club back in terms of not being able to increase the youth recruitment network. I think next season will see improvement, but I believe that 2 seasons away will be our time

Still, the gap between yourselves and third isnt to bad.

Third Team

Tough break in the league,those draws have really cost you.Hope you can finish the season in better form.

Part-Timer

Not a bad month!

Amateur

Still, the gap between yourselves and third isnt to bad.
    Yeah, for a team the dropped a lot of points, we've still managed to hold a pretty good position.

Tough break in the league,those draws have really cost you.Hope you can finish the season in better form.
    Thanks! We did finish pretty strongly, winning 4 and drawing 2. Hopefully puts us in good stead for next season!

Quote Originally Posted by iHeadHunta x View Post
    Not a bad month!
    Thanks

Amateur

FC Ruggell April - June/End of Season Review

April 2024

Ruggell set out this month to lift them into 3rd to restore some pride in a season that could have been. Things started perfectly, with a 2-1 win over FC Paradiso, before defeating Wiedikon 2-0. Zieries shwoed in both games he is a star of the future for Liechtenstein, while Schneider remained deadly throughout. They finished off the perfect month with a tight 1-0 win over Gossau, lifting them into 3rd on the ladder.

May 2024

They remained in 3rd throughout May, despite dropping the points in both games, firstly with a 1-1 draw to Locarno before Rapperswil proved to be an unbreakable wall in a 0-0 draw. Schneider was missing throughout due to injury so that made the games a lot harder for the Liechtenstein club.

June 2024

Ruggell's final match of the season was against struggling Cham, where a clinical display saw them run out 3-1 victors and finish the season in 3rd spot.

A good finish to the season, but the record 13 draws put a lot of "if's" into the season. If we had won 7 of those drawn games, for example, we would have finished top! Hopefully we can become more clinical next season so we can take that extra step.

We went terribly into the red this season, losing about 200k per month. Not really holding out much hope of our finances improving for a very long time, barring a tycoon takeover. On the positive side, we finally have our own youth facilities, so it starts a strong building block for the club to improve on.

Youth Prospects

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - Didn't get many games this season due to better midfielders that have come through in recent years, but still a decent squad player. Contract is running out and I may have to release him to bring down the wage bill though.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Another solid season on the right flank, chipping in a few goals and assists over the course of the season.

Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - Fantastic throughout as usual, averaging a goal a game.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Another outstanding year as the anchor man in our midfield, rarely let anything past him.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Decent year at centre back, but I'm starting to think he isn't a long term solution for the role.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Unlike Lang, I think this lad is a long term player for the club. Very solid at the back.

Ernst Jung (YP11) - Great season in a defensive mid role, pulled his wait up front and at the back,

Maximilian Riechel (YP12) - Topped the assists chart this season, and was a powerhouse on the left hand side.

Stefan Ziereis (YP13) - Excited about this lad! Scored 4 , set up 4 and won 2 man of the match awards in the 6 games he played!

Code:

FC Ruggell Season by Season |Season | Tier | Position | Swiss Cup | What Happened? | |---------------------------------------------------------------| |2011/12 | 6th | 1st | 1st Round | Promotion | |2012/13 | 5th | 1st | 4th Round | Promotion | |2013/14 | 4th | 5th | 4th Round | Nothing | |2014/15 | 4th | 7th | 1st Round | Nothing | |2015/16 | 4th | 3rd | 1st Round | Nothing | |2016/17 | 4th | 2nd | 5th Round | Nothing | |2017/18 | 4th | 2nd | 6th Round | Nothing | |2018/19 | 4th | 1st | 1st Round | Promotion!! | |2019/20 | 3rd | 5th | 5th Round | IAC Semis | |2020/21 | 3rd | 5th | 4th Round | Consolidation | |2021/22 | 3rd | 2nd | 5th Round | IAC Semis | |2022/23 | 3rd | 2nd | Runners Up | Swiss Cup Finalist| |2023/24 | 3rd | 3rd | 5th Round | Nothing but draws | -----------------------------------------------------------------

Amateur

European Championship 2024

Hosts - Spain
    Holders - England

Group Stage

Group A - France (9); Russia (4); Switzerland (4); Slovenia (0)
    Group B - Spain (7); Croatia (6); Portugal (4); Estonia (0)
    Group C - Sweden (6); Romania (4); Serbia (4); Turkey (3)
    Group D - England (9); Scotland (6); Norway (3); Bulgaria (0)
    Group E - Denmark (4); Czech Republic (4); Netherlands (4); Germany (3)
    Group F - Italy (7); Wales (5); Belgium (4); Austria (0)

Second Round

Croatia 0 - 1 France
    Denmark 1 - 0 Wales
    Switzerland 1 - 3 Spain
    Portugal 1 - 3e Italy
    Russia 0 - 1 Czech Republic
    Sweden 0 - 1 Serbia
    Belgium 0 - 1 England
    Scotland p1 - 1 Romania

Quarter Final

France 2 - 1 Denmark
    Italy 2 - 2p Spain
    Czech Republic 2 - 0 Serbia
    Scotland 3 - 3p England

Semi Final

France 2 - 0 England
    Spain 3 - 0 Czech Republic

Final

France e3 - 2 Spain

Best Player - Agostino Fortunato (Italy)
    Golden Boot - Adria Zardoya; 6 goals (Spain)
    Last edited by Scarman; 30-04-2012 at 23:01.

Good finish to the season there. Surprised Switzerland didn't qualify for the Euro though

Amateur

Good finish to the season there. Surprised Switzerland didn't qualify for the Euro though
    Look again They finished 3rd in Group A and were knocked out in the Second Round to Spain.

Youth Team

A 3rd place finish is great! Really pulled it up there in the end

Look again They finished 3rd in Group A and were knocked out in the Second Round to Spain.
    oops

Third Team

Good finish to the season,hopefully next season will be yours.

Amateur

A 3rd place finish is great! Really pulled it up there in the end
    Thanks! I was really happy with the end of the season, hopefully we can take that form into next season and hit the ground running. Late season we always seem to pick up!

Good finish to the season,hopefully next season will be yours.
    Thanks! I hope so to, I need to go pro soon to develop the players further.

Amateur

FC Ruggell PreSeason/ July - September Review

PreSeason 2024

Fixtures

July 2024

After coming agonizingly close to promotion three seasons prior, Ruggell had been disappointing in the last couple of seasons as they pushed for promotion. The players knew that they would need to fire from the get go to win the title, and they started positively, with a 4-0 win over newly promoted Zug. They followed this up with a great 3-0 win over YF Juventus, another of the title favourites. After a great first month, they were seated in top spot. Despite it only being two games in, the fans had hope for a successful season, although they were weary of the slump that always rears it's ugly head.

August 2024

Ruggell continued their impressive form into August, dispatching of Rapperswil 2-0, before earning a hard fought win over FC Paradiso 1-0. With their first four games out of the way, Ruggell were thown into the Swiss Cup against Gossau ZH, who they defeated 2-0. Unfortunately, their good form would end there as they lost 2-0 to Locarno. Biaschesi were next, and Ruggell regained form with a 4-1 thrashing, before defeating Adiswil in the cup to assure progression to the third round. Again, they would fall over after the cup game, losing 3-1 to recently relegated SV Schaffhausen 3-1.

September 2024

After a month of two losses, Ruggell came firing out of the blocks in September, with Schneider scoring a hat trick in the 4-0 thrashing of Ruthi. Schneider was on target again as the club regained top spot, scoring 5 goals against then top of the table Bruhl as he led the club to a 6-0 win. Struggling Thalwil proved more a challenge, but a late goal from Schneider again secured the win, before a third hat trick for the Liechtenstein striker saw them progress through the cup 5-1 against Schattdorf. However, despite Schneider getting another goal, Ruggell would again lose after the cup, as Tuggen came from behind to win 2-1.

An unbelievable start to the season. We sit atop the league on goal difference, but I can take heart in that we have already played most of our title rivals. After a slow start, Schneider was phenomenal last month, with three hat tricks and 13 goals in 5 games. I'm a little bit disappointed that we have already lost the amount of games we lost last season, but at the same time I am delighted to see that draw column empty (after 13 draws last season, you have no idea how sick of them I am!)

Youth Team

No draws Definitely a good sign of making them into wins this year! Looking good!

Going well so far. Looks a decent race at the top of the league.

Third Team

Very good start,hope you can keep that form up.

Reserves

Solid there. Keep it up and stay at the top.

Reserves

Much better start this year.

Amateur

Keep up the form and avoid kissing you'll sister and this is your year.

Good start to the season, maybe promotion this season?

Amateur

No draws Definitely a good sign of making them into wins this year! Looking good!
    Yeah, something has clicked this season Sometimes a disappointing season or two can really go in your favour!

Going well so far. Looks a decent race at the top of the league.
    Thanks! It go a lot tighter, YF Juventus and SV Schaffhausen came to the forefront of the title challenges later in the year.

Very good start,hope you can keep that form up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Solid there. Keep it up and stay at the top.
    Much better start this year.
    Thanks

Keep up the form and avoid kissing you'll sister and this is your year.
    Hahaha I don't think I've ever heard that saying before!

Good start to the season, maybe promotion this season?
    I hope so! It will be a great reward to a couple of years of coming so close.

Amateur

October 2024

After finishing September with a disappointing draw to Tuggen, Ruggell stormed out of the blocks in October with a 5-0 thrashing of Wiedikon ZH. Left back Maximilian Riechel was inspirational, scoring two goals and setting one up for a fantastic win. This took Ruggell to a two point lead in the league with a game in hand, as Bruhl had slipped up in two successive games. They would have to wait for their catch up game though, as they faced Challenge League side Bellizona in the 4th Round of the Swiss Cup. In a tight game, the teams could not be separated after 90 minutes with a 2-2 scoreline. Ziereis scored in extra time to secure a win for Ruggell in a game that could give an indication of where they would be in the Challenge league. They had a week break after that tiring game, but the effects of 120 minutes seemed to drain them a bit as Ruggell struggled to a 0-0 draw to Appenzell, taking their lead to 3 points.

November 2024

November was shaping up to be an important month for Ruggell. A three point lead would not breath security into the club, and the team would want to extend it. They got off to a great start with a 3-0 thrashing of Gossau, extending their lead to 5 as Bruhl slipped up, before another Schneider hat trick saw Ruggell defeat Grasshoppers U21 5-0. An international break followed, and with most of the first team involved in the fixtures, it seemed to drain them as they followed up thsoe thrashings with a 2-1 loss to YF Juventus, bringing them within 3 points. Things didn't get any better for Ruggell in the next game, as Super League club Luzern defeated them 3-0 in the Cup. After a shaky two games, Ruggell didn't look in complete control against Zug, but still managed to come out with a 2-0 win.

December 2024

After some shaky performances, Ruggell looked ot get back in control with a classy 2-0 win over Rapperswil. This form didn't last long though, as a draw to FC Paradiso brought them crashing back down to earth. Ruggell didn't not look as confident as they had earlier in the season.

Well, we've extended our lead to 3 points now, but I'm a bit concerned over our performances since the YF Juventus game. We haven't looked as confident as we did earlier in the season. I hope it isn't the pressure of the league getting to the players. Still, with 11 games to go, the league is ours for the taking. Locarno, SV Schaffhausen and Tuggen will prove stern opposition, but I'm hoping we will come out on top. Our for and against is tremendous for 19 games, so it may prove the difference between promotion and second place later in the season.

Amateur

Liechtenstein 2024 Review

Senior

Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Rankings

First full year in charge, and it's been a bit disappointing really. I might have pulled Liechtenstein into the top 200 in the end fo year rankings for the first time since 2016 (quite an achievement ), but I'm disappointed with some of the games we didn't win, especially the Finland game, which we played really well in, and the two November friendlies. The group for qualifying is extremely tough though, not even a Azerbaijan or something to help boost our rankings!

U21

Fixtures | Qualifying Group

The manager got sacked earlier in the year, and so far there is no one to replace him! Pretty poor year for the U21's, with only a win to Iceland saving them from nothing but losses.

U19

Fixtures | Qualifying Group

Same scenario with the managers here. Wait, I have to hire them don't I? Well, I'm an idiot for just realising this as I type this update Bit better stuff from the U19's, finishing 3rd in their group, and all in all having a decent year.

Code:

Liechtenstein World Rankings |Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference | |------------------------------------------------------------| |Start | - | - | 119 | - | |2011 | 184 | 119 | 145 | -26 | |2012 | 103 | 145 | 185 | -40 | |2013 | 161 | 185 | 137 | +48 | |2014 | 72 | 137 | 187 | -50 | |2015 | 49 | 187 | 202 | -15 | |2016 | 66 | 202 | 197 | +5 | |2017 | 26 | 197 | 206 | -9 | |2018 | 15 | 206 | 208 | -2 | |2019 | 37 | 208 | 205 | +3 | |2020 | 15 | 205 | 208 | -3 | |2021 | 34 | 208 | 203 | +5 | |2022 | 27 | 203 | 204 | -1 | |2023 | 45 | 204 | 204 | 0 | |2024 | 65 | 204 | 198 | +6 | --------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Scarman; 03-05-2012 at 04:38.

Still going really strong in the league and Lichtenstein are making decent progress in the world rankings.

Reserves

Good luck pulling away more.

Third Team

Doing well in the league so far,hope your able to pull away.Good work with Lichtenstein so far,your moving up in the world now

Amateur

Still going really strong in the league and Lichtenstein are making decent progress in the world rankings.
    Good luck pulling away more.
    Doing well in the league so far,hope your able to pull away.Good work with Lichtenstein so far,your moving up in the world now
    Cheers fellas! In regards to Liechtenstein, slow progress is better than no progress

FC Ruggell 2025 Youth Intake

No one really special this year, but there are some players with decent potential.

Christoph Frick

Phillipp Bender

Sebastian Adler

Amateur

January 2025

Ruggell went into the new year with a 3 point advantage at the top, and were looking to hold out in their first game of the year against Locarno. A solid display gave them the best opening to the year, before hosting fellow Liechtenstein club Balzers and thrashing them 4-0 in the IAC. The groups for the IAC were drawn and Ruggell were handed a tough group, with 2 other 3rd tier teams being drawn with them. Things started off brightly with a 3-1 win over FC Paradiso, before slumping to a disappointing draw against 4th tier Chur. The month finished off with a win in the league over Biaschesi. All in all, a solid month for the title contenders.

February 2025

February began with the final match of the IAC groups, with Ruggell needing a win to progress. Unfortunately, Zofingen was too strong on the day and progressed through the groups with a 1-0 win. This was followed up with a friendly, organised by parent club Sion. Both sides played second-string team, and somehow Ruggell came out with a 1-0 win. They took this into their next match, and despite missing Schneider, Ziereis and others through injury or suspension, they truimphed 1-0.

March 2025

March was again an important month, with Ruggell facing games against two winnable teams, while carrying a 5 point advantage at the top. The first game was played away to Bruhl, where the home fans were hoping to see a reverse of the scoreline Ruggell inflicted on them earlier in the season. Unfortunately for them, a lone Kai Arndt goal was enough to see a Ruggell victory. They followed this up with a home game against Ruthi, where the team ran away with the game, winning 3-0 to push them 7 points clear at the top.

We sit 7 points clear now with 6 games to go. Looking more and more likely that we'll come out on top now. Also found out Professional status isn't mandatory in the Challenge league, so I will be still stuck on part time contracts next season if I get promoted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast