+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can a manager actually survive 10 years at the same club without winning anything?

Part-Timer

Default Can a manager actually survive 10 years at the same club without winning anything?

I mean a David Moyes type of manager, 10 years at the same club but no trophies to show for.

Amateur

The game is so easy I doubt that it's been done!

Semi Pro

Probably can be if you don't overachieve much.

If you have really successful seasons your minimum aims are likely to go up as your reputation will increase forcing you to do more just to keep your job.

Part-Timer
    In a virtual world as a FM manager or a soldier on CoD

Of course you can... The chairmen on this game are no way near demanding enough.

Stoke City Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by PGB_SPURS_FM09 View Post
    Of course you can... The chairmen on this game are no way near demanding enough.
    How do you mean nowhere near demanding enough? He even uses Moyes as his reference, most clubs sack managers when things are at risk of going really bad. If you're doing a steady job then it won't ever really go bad enough to get sacked, won't go good enough for you to attract interest elsewhere. Most mid-table clubs will stick with their managers until they either get offered a job higher up or until they have a bad spell where nothing seems to work for them with their current club.

Pulis has been with Stoke now for 6 years, having finished 2nd in the championship and runners up in the FA cup he has got a couple of feats to his name regarding it now but hasn't actually won anything. I really don't see our chairman letting him go until he feels he has done all he can.

Reserves

Allardyce at Bolton's another one. But did they win anything?

Part-Timer

I spent about 8 seasons at Wellington Phoenix in the A League without winning anything but then left, didnt quite make the decade

+ Reply to Thread