Why didn't FM take out the this "Team Meeting" rubbish?

I am talking about the constant, fatuous advice from the trainers to change the players' status. I get 3/4 suggestions @ every team meeting & there seems to be no advantage whatever to be had from acting on it; actually get lots of trouble right after the meeting closes if you do. Player affected generally becomes disaffected &, unless one is completely apologetic to him, will often finish on the transfer list.

I was hoping this would disappear with the new patch. It has been a running sore in the game & discussed in this forum quite extensively.

Please take out this constant badgering at every Team Meeting to change staus. It's lousy advice & gets constantly ignored; by me, at least.

Does anyone ever take this advice & finish up with a positive situation? Am I missing something?

Like all advice and suggestions that you get from staff, they are suggestions only and can be happily ignored, as you are the manager.

Except the staff seems to believe that you should change the squad status of a player every month depending on how many matches he played the previous month. The squad status is a long-term feature, so why is it in the staff meeting advice and not the pre-season advice? It should be changed on a season-to-season basis (maximum) not a month-to-month basis. Bsides, how is the squad status -any- of the assisting staff's business? It is a highly economical-structural decision to make and has nothing to do with what is going on in training or in the matches.

Thankyou BiggusD!

There is also the fact that the player was CONTRACTED for a particular status & to lightly change this, like changing your socks, is potentially damaging from a legal point of view. Add to this that the status change suggestions are coming at you at rate of 3/4 every Team Meeting (& the same players status change suggestions go up & down like a whore's drawers) makes this a chaotically unrealistic & unworkable situation.

Get rid!

The whole interaction with coaches and Assistants is poor. My Assistant keeps telling me about the promise I made to a centre back about giving him first team football. The fella has played the last 6 games!!

What irritates me are the constant match preparation comments.

No coach, I shouldn't prepare another 2 tactics, because I want to be completely fluid in at least one before April.

The little bit of advise that annoys me, is when the staff suggest dropping a player from the first team eventhough said player has been playing really well. Every meeting, I have a suggestion to drop at least one player who is playing well. I know I don't need to take this advise, but it's annoying that they suggest such things in the first place.

The little bit of advise that annoys me, is when the staff suggest dropping a player from the first team eventhough said player has been playing really well. Every meeting, I have a suggestion to drop at least one player who is playing well. I know I don't need to take this advise, but it's annoying that they suggest such things in the first place.

And I might be wrong but I don't think on the private chats there is an option to "tell a player you are dropping him due to bad form". You can only warn him that he has to play better before hand. You only get an option to rest him not drop him.

The whole interaction with coaches and Assistants is poor. My Assistant keeps telling me about the promise I made to a centre back about giving him first team football. The fella has played the last 6 games!!

I'm having this on a new 12.2.1 Ipswich game. Lee Bowyer whinges about 1st team football, so I tell him I'll give him a go (despite his parlous performances at the start of the season). I start him the next game. The game after that he's only at 84% fittness, so I leave him out. I start him the next game after that - he gets injured and has to come off after five minutes (very realistic actually!). He's injured for the next game. Before the game after that my Ass Man in whining about my "promises" and Bowyer might be "forced to take it further".

There's no allowance for taking into consideration whether the player could reasonably have expected to have started all these games - knackered, injured, ill, whatever. Never mind the form and ability of his teammates in that position.

I prefered last year's interaction, actually, where you'd get advice and then one member of your staff would say if they agreed or disagreed; if one coach came up with an idea, but my assman disagreed, it was summarily ignored, but if two coaches agreed I'd generally look at it and consider what they were saying (usually on training stuff). This year everything's in a vacuum, so I just ignore unless it's something like tutoring (which I usually take).

I also miss the second opinion by another staff member

I miss that too :(

My backroom advice generally seems to give me good advice tbf. It's not often they recommend something detrimental, apart from saying I should drop someone in bad form who I have no replacement for.

What I found annoying was my sub keeper moaning about me not playing him more. When infact I had been playing him due to an injury to first choice, then first choice was back and then the reserve keeper got injured in training, so I had an unfit keeper and an injured one.

He was out for about 3 months so was back for the last few games of the season. Then he moaned that he wasnt playing on the final day of the season. And then he started moaning all the way throughout the summer about how I wasn't playing him, when I couldn't play him even if I wanted to due to the fact he was on holiday ¬_¬

So before the pre season friendlies had even strated, I had an unhappy player for not playing enough first team football and he wanted out due to this...

Archived