+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leagues that allow you to sign non EU players

Amateur

Default Leagues that allow you to sign non EU players

Hi, I'm looking to start a new game but instead of going for the usual English leagues I want a change with a league that allows you to sign unlimited non EU players...

So what leagues allow you to do this?

Cheers

Amateur

Holland allows u to sign unlimited non EU players but over 18 years old

Semi Pro

Yeah Holland and Russia

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by cragswfc View Post
    Russia
    Is that a recent change? I remember a few years ago you were only allowed 3 non-Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhrerul View Post
    Holland allows u to sign unlimited non EU players but over 18 years old
    Holland is very fun, I've taken FC Zwolle from nowhere to being a top 3 side and Champions League Winners. Brought a lot of foreigners in but you can do well with Dutchmen because there is a lot of quality.

Part-Timer

Russia is a bad example really because although you can sign unlimited foreign players, you can only have 6 in the team at any one time. Also, since the patch, if a player has been capped by another country he can never gain Russian nationality so will always be classed as foreign.

Although France only allows 4 non EU players in the squad, they treat most of the world except South America as EU!

Part-Timer

Portugal is one that has no restrictions as far as I know.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by hluraven View Post
    Portugal is one that has no restrictions as far as I know.
    Yeah the only restrictions is Portugal are a maximum over 30 players over the age of 19, and you need 8 Portuguese players who have trained in the country for 3 years before their 21st birthday.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    Is that a recent change? I remember a few years ago you were only allowed 3 non-Russians.
    You can sign as many as you want, you're restricted to 6 in the squad though & of course it's non-Russian players.

Amateur

anyone know about Belgium... I've heard they can sign non EU players but is there a restriction to how many you can play in the league?

Part-Timer

I think the only restriction is that you need to have 6 players trained by a Belgian club on your matchday squad.

Amateur

German first and second division got no restrictions of foreign players at all. Do notice that the european competitions (champions cup and Euro cup) on the other hand do have restrictions on how many homegrown players you need so unless you want to leave 8 free spaces in registrations for those I suggest having some homegrown players around atleast.

however if your like me and like to start a bit down the tables in the third division you can only have 3 non EU players so the start of the game has some more challenge.

Amateur

Holland seems the best place to me. Ok you can't sign non EU players under 18 but if you find a few good young South Americans then they can't join you until they are 18 regardless of where you manage.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DrizzitD View Post
    German first and second division got no restrictions of foreign players at all. Do notice that the european competitions (champions cup and Euro cup) on the other hand do have restrictions on how many homegrown players you need so unless you want to leave 8 free spaces in registrations for those I suggest having some homegrown players around atleast.

however if your like me and like to start a bit down the tables in the third division you can only have 3 non EU players so the start of the game has some more challenge.
    This, plus the German league is probably the highest reputation league you'll find that doesn't really restrict you, although the french league is pretty open too.

Italy doesn't have restrictions on the number of Non EU players you can own but you can only sign two per season from outside the Italian leagues

Part-Timer

Keep in mind that in Germany there is a foreign limit for the national cup though, so you still need some EU nationals for that competition.

Banned

To be honest leagues with non-EU limitations are better than leagues with home-grown limitations.

At least on the first one you got the chance to have someone get citizenship and be fully elligible. On the 2nd one if you don't find them before their 19th birthday,you can't do anything.

+ Reply to Thread