+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Chester - The Art Of Youth Development"

Banned

Default "Chester - The Art Of Youth Development"

[FM12] "Chester - The Art Of Youth Development" (Arsenal Who?)

Welcome to my very first venture into the FM Career Forum! I will be embarking on a very long adventure with one of the newest clubs in English Football, with a very specific rule that most would turn their heads up at and not even give it any consideration! Here is the link to the challenge thread, incase anybody wants to join in!

What Am I Doing?

I am going to look to complete the following challenges with one big and very significant rule... The rule being a "No-Transfers In" policy! I will be doing my challenge, relying solely on the youth products we get each season in March... All of the best potential youth players who come in each March will be nicknamed with YP01 after their name (the number increases, 2 for the second, 3 for the third etc...).
    • Take Chester (newly promoted after a season on holiday), from the Blue Square North right up to the Premiership.
    • Win the Premier League
    • Win the FA Cup
    • Win the League Cup
    • Win the Community Shield
    • Win the Champions League
    • Win the World Club Championship
    • Win the Super Cup
    • Win everything in one season (Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Super Cup, Community Shield, Champions League & World Club Championship)
    • Produce the World's Best Player
    • Produce a World Beating Sammarinese player
    • Help San Marino become a Nation feared by others, by producing Sammarinese players through my youth system
    Why Am I Doing This?

Since I moved from Championship Manager to Football Manager in 2007, i've played many different saves and lots of success, including a very proud moment in 2010 when I took FC United from the Blue Square North to the Premiership and won the Premier League and Champions League, but i've never set myself a hard challenge like this which could last me a long time, probably untill FM2013 comes out. I do like a challenge and this would provide the ultimate challenge for me. It will also be nice to focus on my own youth, rather than poaching other teams for their youth products.

I also think that this challenge might even provide a much tougher test than playing in a smaller country, due to the difficulty of moving up each league at a time, it could take up to 10 seasons at a time to reach promotion from each league.

Why Pick Chester?

Chester were established in 2010 which makes them one of the newest clubs in England that I'm able to manage and apart from winning the league to move up to the Blue Square Bet North, during my holiday season, they have won nothing! It provides me with the chance to make this club my own and know that any success this club has is because of me, creating the only history it will ever know!

Game Setup

Database Size: Large (Custom)
    Player Count: 49,000
    Game Start: England (July 2011)
    Experience: Sunday League Footballer
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 19-03-2012 at 21:34.

Banned

As of 5th January 2013

Club Information

Club Name: Chester
    Nation: England
    Year Founded: 2010
    Chairman Status: Loves The Club
    Legends: None
    Icons: Michael Wilde
    Favoured Personnel: None
    Fierce Rivals: Wrexham
    Other Rivals: Chorley, Witton, Northwich, Shrewsbury
    Finances: Okay
    Average Ticket Price: £10.00
    Average Season Ticket Price: £157.00
    Season Ticket Holders: 1,101
    Estimated Value: £160,000
    Media Prediction: 8th
    Squad Personality: Fairly Determined

Club Facilities

Stadium: The Deva Stadium
    Stadium Rental Price: £1.00
    Capacity: 6,000 (3,485 Seated)
    Stadium Condition: Good
    Year Built: 1992
    Under Soil Heating: No
    Roof: No
    Surface: Grass
    Pitch Condition: Poor

Coporate Facilities: Fairly Basic
    Training Facilities: Fairly Basic
    Youth Facilities: Minimal (Rented)
    Junior Coaching: Adeguate
    Youth Recruitment: Basic

I have basically played half a season already and this is how it stands at the moment in time. I've had Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment upgraded so far this season and that could help an awfull lot come March!

Last edited by Tactic Master; 15-03-2012 at 16:19.

Banned

Season By Season Review

The season by season review will be a log on how well we do in competitions, any upgrades we get to facilities and also images of any new youth products as they come into the system...

Season 2012/2013

Blue Square Bet North:
    Finished Second - Promoted Through Play-Offs
    FA Cup: Reached FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round (Lost 2 - 0 to Southport)
    FA Trophy: Reached FA Trophy 3rd Round Replay (Lost 2 - 1 to AFC Telford)

Updgrades...
    • Youth Recruitment - Basic
    • Junior Coaching - Adequate
    Season 2013/2014 (In Progress)

Blue Square Bet Premier: Currently 12th (17 Games)
    FA Cup:
    FA Trophy:

Last edited by Tactic Master; 19-03-2012 at 21:47.

Reserves

nice to see you doing a career thread on this! will you still be posting in the challenge thread?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    nice to see you doing a career thread on this! will you still be posting in the challenge thread?
    Yeah, I will be posting the end of season updates in here and they will be the same for the challenge thread

Banned

Chester - Match Update - Season 1

It's been a long season, but we've finally got our first crop of youth players in! It has come up with some interesting players, but there isn't anybody outstanding as such...

We've worked very hard this season and started on sensationally, soon rising above the likes of Darlington and Alfreton into top spot. We heald top spot for a while and even went 5 points clear at one point, but all of a sudden we hit a brick wall! We are now doing the opposite and being the team 5 points behind 1st place! We are currently in the play-off positions, but it's Squeeky Bum Time! We are a healthy 5 points clear of Nuneaton, but as we have already experienced, that can quickly change and i'm hoping the new crop of youth can shoot us back up the table.

League Table
    League Stats

We haven't particularly had any amazing players, just a team with togetherness, but as already stated, it's all falling apart...

Chester Squad & Stats

Season Verdict So Far... It's been a more than successfull season compared to what I expected, but I wont complain and we are just hoping to get promotion and maybe attract bigger crowds and hopefully improve the facilities.

Youth In-Take

Banned

My First YP!

Gary Beckford YP01, the home town hero of the future! Born in Chester on 24.10.1996, level headed, described as a young striker and is already blowing the Chester fans minds!

Gary Beckford YP01
    Report Card

He looks to have very good Physical stats except strength and his composure is fantastic, really exciting stats if you ask me. I've set up a training schedule as promised for all my YP's and i've set individual training to Quickness to try get pace and acceleration up.

The only problem with Beckford is he has very low Determination levels, so i've decided to get Matty McNeil to tutor him who has 12 Determination. I'm hoping that Beckford's will go up through being tutored and give him a better chance of reaching his potential. I was a bit scepticle at first as my Assistant Manager isn't the best when it comes to looking at CA and PA, but I had nothing to lose in giving him games as my strikers haven't been able to score to save their life in the last few months and he's come into the side and blown peoples minds away!

1st Game: 1 Assist, best player in my team...
    2nd Game: 2 Goals, best player in my team...

I can't wait for the next match now!

Youth Team

One his determination goes up he should develop into a good player for you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    One his determination goes up he should develop into a good player for you
    Yeah i'm very happy with him so far, just a shame I didn't get anybody else of such quality, although one other is slightly promising.

3rd Game: Scores 95th Minute Penalty!

Banned

League Standings Update

There is now 2 games to go and it really has gone down to the wire! If only the youth players had come earlier, we could have probably stole a few more victories, but it wasn't to be and we are now fighting against Alfreton and Darlington for automatic promotion! Unfortunately, goal difference isn't in our favour, so we need results to go our way to enable us to win on points.

Game 1: Lowestoft, a club known for conceding goals which could go in our favour, as we are the club known for scoring goals. Unfortunately, we are also known for conceding goals and Lowestoft aren't exactly short of goals either and combined with Lowestoft playing at home, it will be a very difficult game. Lowestoft are currenly 14th in the league. We lost in the reverse fixture (1 - 0).

Game 2: Northwich, a club that thrives on neutral football, not too attacking and not too defensive. Last time round in the reverse fixture, Northwich dominated us (3 - 1), but this time we play at home and hopefully that can help us out.

Youth Team

Done very well, could have a promotion come end of season!

Reserves

Your last games should be comfortable.

Banned

Last 2 Games Of Season...

Lowestoft Vs Chester

The first game was up against Lowstoft, which we basically dominated and ended with a 3 - 1 victory! Ryan James, Antoni Sarcevic and Michael Powell scored the 3 goals. This keeps us with in touching distance of the first place we want!

Chester Vs Northwich
    This was the game that mattered the most, a must win! We were also looking for Darlington to lose and for Alfreton to either draw or lose. Unfortunaely the game ended 4 - 4, an absolute fantastic match, with Northwich scoring in the 88th minute... Either way, we wouldn't have taken 1st place as Alfreton managed the victory they needed, but we went into second place with Darlington losing! It looks like we will have to do this in the play-offs!

Play-off Semi Final - Southport Vs Chester
    This game was always going to be the important one for us, as we needed to pick up some away goals. Luckily Chris Simm came good at the right moment and scored 2 massive goals to win us the game 2 - 1! This means we can go into the second leg, knowing Southport have to score 2 goals to stop us from going through. Simm hasn't been the most prolific striker this season, but he's come big when it has mattered.

Play-off Semi Final - Chester Vs Southport
    We went into this match knowing it wasn't going to be easy, but we had the 2 away goal advantage and we just had to keep it tight at the back! Southport actually scored the 2 goals they were looking for, but thankfully we go into the Final against Darlington after scoring another 3 goals ourselves! We win the Semi-Final 5 - 3 on aggregate! Goals from Francis Green, Christian Smith and club Icon Michael Wilde!

Welcome to the showdown between Chester & Darlington! The Play-off Final!

Previous Meetings...

The First game between Chester and Darlington was a pre-season friendly, but despite matching them in every area of the pitch, Levi Mackin scored an own goal which sealed out fate, losing 2 - 1.

The Second game was an away game for us and Darlington were expected to crush us. Darlington were crushing us come half-time, but we were still holding out at 0 - 0 and in the second half, Matthew Dolan got sent off to Darlington. This allowed us to keep control of the ball a bit better and we were unlucky not to snatch a victory. It ended 0 - 0...

The Final game we played against them was in the return fixture, with home advantage! Darlington proved however, that home advantage wouldn't give us an easy ride and despite Darlington picking up a red card late on, we were lucky to come out of this with a very respectable 1 - 1 result!

The League...

Darlington were probably the most feared opponent in the league, come the start of the season, or at least in my eyes they were! But some how in our last game of the season, we managed to snatch second place away from them and i'm sure they will be looking for revenge! They have performed extremely well this season with 77 goals and 41 conceded, giving them a goal difference of +36.

Shaun Curtis is seen as the main threat for Darlington and he's been one of the most consistent performers in the league this season. We will need to keep him quiet if we are to come out of this one with the victory!

Verdict: I believe we can pull this off, but I will be looking towards my YP01 to provide some memorable magic! We've managed 2 draws in the league, but that friendly defeat does hang over our heads and it's time to go out and prove we are good enough! We are playing at home which could be a major factor in this match and i'm very pleased by that!

Match Highlights! Watch For Match Result! View in 720p HD

Third Team

Congrats on winning the playoff,excellent start to your career

Banned

Thanks bwg hopefully we can avoid relegation next season. Its going to be hard either way, but beckford proved he's a star in the making with that performance! 2 goals and 1 assist.

Amateur

Really cool challenge and a great thread. In fact, I liked it so much, I've decided to try my hand at it myself too!

Edit: Important question: will I get newgens from San Marino (or whatever other small nation I choose) if I set it as my second nationality? Or do I have to set it as my main nationality?
    Last edited by Lee182; 18-03-2012 at 06:17.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lee182 View Post
    Really cool challenge and a great thread. In fact, I liked it so much, I've decided to try my hand at it myself too!

Edit: Important question: will I get newgens from San Marino (or whatever other small nation I choose) if I set it as my second nationality? Or do I have to set it as my main nationality?
    Thats great Glad you like it! About the San Marino, I saw a thread on the challenge forum about this, but in my first youth-intake I got all English??? I'm not sure if the fact I chose English as a second nationality stops me from getting San Marino players Maybe you shouldn't have a second nationality? Even so, I'd say you need main to be San Marino.

End of season update coming up soon!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Lee182 View Post

Tactic Master is doing this challenge and if you are doing it we would love you to post updates in there, and see all the rules of the challenge. As for getting sammarinese newgens, you need to have high youth recruitment, so it is unlikely you would get any san marino newgens unless you got your youth recruitment VERY high.

also, could you put the above link in the OP of this thread please TM? it might attract more participants

Banned

End Of Season Report

A long and difficult season, with the usual up's and down's! I must say, probably my favourite season in a save since I started playing in 2007. In the past i've been used to winning and I do consider myself pretty good at the game (trying not to be big headed), but this is where all the fun starts and will test how good I actually am.

The reason I enjoyed this save so much so far, is because i've not been winning every game, i've not got far in the cup competitions, as strange as that sounds! I actually like losing, because it shows that i've got a challenge in front of me and the fact that I managed promotion throught the play-offs, I feel i've achieved something Anyway, on to the important stuff!

Chester...

It was a real challenge for me, as we were predicted 8th and the board would surely not tolerate anything lower! I was impressed with the fact that Chester were a Professional club and the stage was set for a long and hopefully successfull season! Here are a few screenshots...

Chester - The Squad That Won Us Promotion
    Chester Transfers - The Proof Of No Disception!
    Chester - Club Finances Overall
    Chester - Club Finances Income
    Chester - Club Finances Expenditure
    Chester - The Man Of The Moment! Gary Beckford YP01!

Blue Sqaure Bet North...

A fantastic season which saw us takes first place at one point, 5 points clear and then drop down into 5th due to a massive slump in form! I thought it was all over at one point, but Gary Beckford YP01 came in and steadied the ship! I also believe part of the reason we managed to bring the winning ways back was due to sending several players at a time on holiday, to regain their fitness back. Here are a few screenshots...

Blue Square Bet North League Table
    Blue Square Bet North Player Stats
    Chester Fixtures - The Slump In Form That Nearly Cost Us!
    Chester Vs Darlington - The Match That Won Us Promotion!

FA Cup...

This was probably a waste of time, because we were never going to get far. We drew Southport in the draw and I thought, yeah we might be able to get a result...

(H) Chester 2 - 2 Southport - They scored in the 89th minute to salvage the draw, which really annoyed me.
    (A) Replay: Southport 2 - 0 Chester - They totally outplayed us and we probably should have had a much heavier defeat.

That was the end of the cup on the first hurdle!

FA Trophy...

I had high hopes in this cup and thought we may be able to get far, especially with seeing our league form, which was very good at that point...

3QR (H) Chester 2 - 1 Hednesford
    1R (A) Kidsgrove 0 - 0 Chester
    1R (H) Replay: Chester 2 - 1 Kidsgrove (AET)

From this point, our form went right out of the window! But it wasn't over in the cup yet!

2R (H) Chester 1 - 1 Wrexham
    2R (A) Replay: Wrexham 0 - 0 Chester (W Penalties)

Against our major rivals, our only fierce rivals who were in BSP and 1st place, so despite our current form, this was a massive result!

3R (A) AFC Telford 1 - 1 Chester
    3R (H) Replay: Chester 1 - 2 AFC Telford

That was the end of our run in the cup and disappointing after beating our rivals from the BSP, then being beaten by a team halfway down our own table!

Verdict: A fantastic season, but wish we could have done better in the FA Cup, it just wasn't to be! Next season will definately be all about survival and I'm fairly confident of a decent finish after our match against Darlington and since Beckford came to the club. We just need another striker to step up and partner him!

Reserves

Well earned promotion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Well earned promotion.
    Extremely difficult at one point, but definately well earned by the players and the newbie Gary Beckford

Will be doing an update on pre-season once it's done, with new staff arrivals to be unveiled! Brought a fantastic Assistant Manager in, a brilliant coach and an even better Physio! Funny story with the physio contract negotiations aswell!

Banned

Pre-Season

Pre-season has been a success so far and i'm happy with a few of the results! First off i'll start with my new staff members, introducing my new Assistant Manager, Coach and Physio...

Assistant Manager - Kevin Cooper... This guy was hard to find, i'd looked through all the list nearly for a suitable person for the job, but they all either wanted too much wages or weren't the right person. His attacking stat means we are going to get good training in that area
    Coach - Ivan Guerra... Not too bad stats and much better than my other coach and the one that left, should do a good job and is very strict which helps.
    Physio - Duncan Russell... This guy was initially a Fitness Coach, but I managed to get him to become a Physio and he definately is much better than the one i let go. At first he demanded high wages, but I got him down to a £425 demand. I could only offer £375 and I pushed him to the limit, to a point where he was mad, so I said take it or leave it! Thankfully and to my suprise he accepted!

Next up, the Pre-Season matches. I decided to go with a mix of difficult and financially motivated matches and some easy-ish and easy matches...

(Green Means Win & Red Means Loss)

Chester 3 - 4 Aston Villa
    Chester 0 - 2 Cardiff
    Chester 4 - 0 Macclesfield
    Chester 1 - 0 Hednesford
    Chester 1 - 2 Derby
    Chester 0 - 1 AFC Telford
    Chester 2 - 0 Causeway Utd
    Chester 1 - 2 Charleroi

So a pretty average results margin there and I'm pleased to have pushed Aston Villa and Derby to the limit! Hopefully we've gained enough fitness and can go into the season with a victory to start!

Banned

Alfreton Vs Chester

Just had to post that screenshot! Heart Stopping, Nail Biting, Electrifying and whatever else you can use to describe it!

Thats basically my revenge on Alfreton for stealing top spot last season!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Alfreton Vs Chester

Just had to post that screenshot! Heart Stopping, Nail Biting, Electrifying and whatever else you can use to describe it!

Thats basically my revenge on Alfreton for stealing top spot last season!
    great career so far, solid pre season and jaw dropping match vs the Alfreton. best of luck for the season

Banned

Thanks, i'm going to need luck all the way through, especially with what happened against York... I haven't played any real heavyweights yet, apart from York and they played me off the pitch basically!

Amateur

Looks like Beckford has become a club legend already! Congratulations on getting promotion in your first season, hopefully you can stay clear of the drop.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    Looks like Beckford has become a club legend already! Congratulations on getting promotion in your first season, hopefully you can stay clear of the drop.
    Thanks, i'll have an update soon on things for the second season Beckford has been really good so far at such a young age, can't wait till he's fully developed!

Banned

Barrow 0 - 1 Chester

An amazing and extremely lucky victory! Gains some much needed points in our quest to establish ourselves in the Blue Square Premier! 1 shot 1 goal! Thats all it needs

I will have a short update soon, which includes a dressing room dispute!

Banned

Mike Nevo's "Chester - The Art Of Youth Development" August To October Update

Note: We have had our Junior Coaching increased and is now described as Average!

August

An amazing start to the season, totally unexpected, 4 wins out of 6 is a great achievement as the newly promoted team and ZERO Signings whilst i've been here! I do get the feeling this may be beginners luck though and only time will tell!

September

This was my worst nightmare! I never thought things would be like this after September, but I did say time would tell! Thankfully we've picked up the much needed points last month to keep us in a respectable position. Unfortunately, their has been a massive squad dispute, especially after the "8 - 0" loss to Luton. I fined 5 players, with 2 players being docked 2 weeks wages. 3 of them decided to make a massive issue of it all. One player decided I was right, but the other 2 decided to push their luck and I ended the conversation with telling them they have been put on the transfer list. They immediately said they didn't want to leave the club. Morale has been a massive issue this season so far!

October

A sensational month if you compare it with September, but still not on par with August, although that definately appeared to be beginners luck now. 2 draws, an impressive 1 shot, 1 goal victory over Barrow and a very difficult victory over Dover, plus our "never going to win" loss to Accrington. Morale seemed to pick up a bit this month and I've taken one of the players I made an example of, off the transfer list, whilst the other complained again, this time about being transfer listed, so he remains there.

A fantastic position to be in if you ask me! We are a massive 11 points clear and if you'd asked me a the start of last season, that we'd be in the Blue Square Bet Premier in 12th place in just over a years time, I would have laughed at you! Our only problems it seems, is our inability to defend and the lack of goals from the front men.

Reserves

It's pretty good indeed.

Third Team

Good start to the season,it was always going to be tough in your first season in the BSB Prem but you are doing very well.

Banned

I think we could have done better if the players showed me some respect when I make decisions. I will have the iron out the players who show lack of respect and work from there. At one point I had 11 players on Abysmal morale...

Amateur

Solid start to the season, hopefully you won't have many more months like September.

Banned

This conversation really shocked me and proves the lack of respect i'm being shown! This guy will never play for this club again! His first response to my own response was the most shocking part.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cpfc543 View Post
    Solid start to the season, hopefully you won't have many more months like September.
    Morale is starting to drop again, so i'm not too sure

Amateur

Looks like your doing okay in the Conference, I would never have the patience to rely solely on youth players, good luck

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Looks like your doing okay in the Conference, I would never have the patience to rely solely on youth players, good luck
    Thanks Johnny, I will need good luck to get me through this with my disrespectfull players! Like I say, I wanted a challenge that would cause me problems, as i've tried challenges like Dafuge's challenge and it's been too easy really.

Amateur

Morale is a very important part in managing... maybe try to find time for a friendly against an amateur team to boost morale.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlaya View Post
    Morale is a very important part in managing... maybe try to find time for a friendly against an amateur team to boost morale.
    There are so many games in the Blue Square Premier that it's almost impossible to host friendlies unfortunately, but good idea. We seem to be overachieving even with out problems

International Squad

Decent first season.

Banned

Mike Nevo's "Chester - The Art Of Youth Development" November Update

November Results

A brilliant month, they don't come any better with a team like this! First off, we had a trip back to what i'd consider a rival "Southport". We beat them in the Play-Offs last season and they were looking for revenge, but despite a difficult game, we came out on top. Then came 2 easier games against Newport and Welling, with 2 nice victories and clean sheets. Gloucester in the FA Cup was a fantastic draw and despite struggling, we managed to score 2 corners late on to seal a nice victory. Mansfield were the team that would stop our unbeaten run and we never expected to beat them, they are a fantastic team. The shock result was against Ebbsfleet who are 2nd place and some how we managed to snatch a goal and come out winners! Kettering should have been an easier match, but I can let the players off with that result after a fantastic, but very strenuos month.

On a more serious note, i've stood by my decision regarding Ashley Williams who will never play for us again. I seem to be commanding a bit of respect now which is fantastic and the aim I had this season.

Like I said above, a fantastic month and we've moved up 1 place to 11th! We are now 17 points clear of relegation and i'm very confident that we will easily stay up this season. I'm looking towards the youth-intake and just praying for something good that can help us push on next season.

Speaking of youth-intake, i'd just like to throw in a couple of screenshots of my work with Gary Beckford YP01! I've trained him myself with his own unique training schedule and individual focus. Also, his tutor Matty McNeil was fantastic and got his Determination up from 5 to 12! Brilliant stuff...

Gary Beckford YP01 Stats
    Gary Beckford YP01 Report

Previously, I had a bad Assistant Manager who couldn't really predict Current Ability and Potential Ability, but my new Assistant Manager has been able to provide a much better report and believes he could become League 1 quality!

Third Team

Brilliant November,looking much better at the half way point,hopefully you can continue that form into the second half of the season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Brilliant November,looking much better at the half way point,hopefully you can continue that form into the second half of the season.
    Definately, i'm looking forward to March and I have to keep my fingers crossed that we get a born goalscorer! Thats our only flaw right now.

Semi Pro

Not a bad start at all. Well done is getting over the L*ton thumping!

Im hoping March is kind to you also, get yourself a goal scorer and a push for play-off in still a possibility. Enjoying the read so far.

I always have time for Chester as that was the final game of the season when Rushden and Diamonds won the Conference in 2001. Can remember that day, and our line up, like it was yesterday!!

Banned

Yeah, I have to admit that's by far the worst defeat i've ever suffered on FM in any career! I'm usually the one handing out those kind of A** Woopings

I dont think we will be able to push for a play-off, but you never know.

Reserves

Isnt Gary beckford your goalscorer? I dream of the day i get a player of his quality through ;)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    Isnt Gary beckford your goalscorer? I dream of the day i get a player of his quality through ;)
    Technically that is correct, but hes only got 7 goals in 26 games! He's my top goalscorer too... That shows how bad things are in that department. Luckily we play as a team and everyone chips in, but we need that spark up front that can just finish almost anything.

Banned

Mike Nevo's "Chester - The Art Of Youth Development" December - February Update

December

A horror show this month and we are back to the morale issue! Thankfully i'm commanding more respect and nobody is complaining at receiving fines. There was one big positive from this month and that was our 2 matches again Swindon, which basically doubled our bank balance to over 300k! The Hayes & Yeading match was embarrasing to say the least...

January

This was more like it! It's still a concern that we can't seem to score more than 2 goals usually, but after last month, I will take anything! York winning was a no-brainer really as they are a much stronger team than we are, but apart from that it was a relatively easy month. It's a good job we had a decent cash flow in January as this month we come out with a loss.

February

This month was very mixed... We came up against some top sides in the league and was knocked out by 1st placed Macclesfield in the FA Trophy. The Hereford result was a good one, but the one that stood out the most for me was the draw against Luton who made us look like kids playing in a park last time round, losing 8 - 0! I'm happy with that draw and also our continued punishment of Alfreton, who aren't far behind us in the league. Unfortunately we also had some heavy defeats.

League Table

Overall, i'm still happy with our achievements this season and we can still get a top 10 finish if we work hard in these final matches, but we will have to close up shop at the back to manage that, as we aren't a team that scores many goals.

Amateur

The new youth intake should help you with promotion next season

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlaya View Post
    The new youth intake should help you with promotion next season
    I really hope so, because we aren't a million miles away from the play-offs and it is still actually possible to make them this season, but my aim is a top 10 finish.

Reserves

You're players are trolling you in Jan . Boss, we've turned the corner honestly. Just kidding, we're back to normal . At least you're not in relegation fight.

Part-Timer
    Ramos - Manager of the Psychotic Teddy Bears

Always good to see youth given a chance. I'm hoping to have the time to start my own campaign soon. Probably in Northern Ireland, which I have taken a fancy to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover View Post
    Always good to see youth given a chance. I'm hoping to have the time to start my own campaign soon. Probably in Northern Ireland, which I have taken a fancy to.
    It's more fun than some people think and provides a great challenge. I picked England because the thread I visited (the one in my OP) was based on England and also, I think that despite all the money being in England, it's a bigger challenge to get to the top, than it would be in a smaller country with a lot less leagues. I suppose once I reach the Premiership, Northern Ireland is a harder task.

Third Team

Excellent performance in your first season in the BSBP,hopefully you can make yourself mathematically safe very soon.

Banned

2013/2014 Youth Intake!

Although I was hoping for more than one "definate" top talent, i'm over the moon! I've got my first San Marino player Not only that, he's the best of the bunch! I have high hopes that I could train him up well and he will play for San Marino in no time!

There are some decent talent in there which I will sign, as the current players in the first team squad are dropping stats wise, which means i'll need players to take over!

He appears to have some unpredictability in him, very fast for this level of football, determined which is a big bonus, could be a future free-kick taker possibly, decent technique on the ball and works hard.

Potentially a leading League 2 left midfielder, which isn't bad at all, but i'm waiting for a report back from my Assistant Manager, to see what he thinks.

Youth Team

Going to be a star for San Marino too no doubt

Banned

I have just looked through all my players with a Current Ability of 3half to 5 stars and Potential Ability of 4 to 5 stars and i've set up some very unique training schedules, aimed at their role in the club. We have schedules for Poachers, Target Men, Ball Winners, Playmakers, Wingers and even Limited Defenders, plus more! If these work out, then i'll post them on the forum for people to use. I've created them with how I think they would fit best with the role.

Banned

Training Schedules Preview

I've got 3 schedules to display and I would like your opinions on them if possible. This is just basically my take on how to create a schedule for that specific role.

Note: I always use individual training to focus on a specific stat that is too low or I want to get high. Example... If a Poacher has 5 finishing, it obviously needs to be focused on.

The Poacher schedule, after taking a second look, i'm not too sure if i've given enough Strength Training, so your opinions on that are needed. I feel a poacher needs to be able to accelerate fast and have pace to get to the ball, so i've put Aerobic up high. Also a poacher needs to be good at anticipating and decision making, so i've put tactic training up high. He's a poacher, so he doesn't need to worry as much about his technique and dribbling, but he still needs some training to improve his first touch. I've often seen strikers go in for a tackle and turn it into a goal, so I believe all strikers need some defence training, with extra for poachers. The attacking slot is up just passed halfway, as with my team, I feel all players need to know how to pass, cross and create. Shooting is self explanatory, he needs this most because he's a poacher and need to know how to finish.

A Target Man needs to focus more on his Strength training than Aerobic training, because he needs strength over pace, basically for going up for headers and holding up play. He will need to be a good decision maker and be able to anticipate, but equally needs to be able to dribble well, have a good first touch etc. Once again, he has a slight bit of defensive training, whilst having decent training for passing and creativity etc. Shooting is once again the main training focus as he's a striker.

A complete forward needs the ability to do almost anything, he needs to be equally strong, whilst have good acceleration and pace, along with decision making, dribbling, creativity etc. The main focus being his shooting abilities. If you think i've got this one wrong, please give me your advice

Banned

100 Games For Club

My first major milestone Lets hope it continues!

International Squad

Why the San Marino connection?

Third Team

Don't think it will be too long before De Petrillo is called up to the national team and congrats on reaching 100 games!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Why the San Marino connection?
    It's part of my challenge, all outlined in the OP.

Banned

Don't think it will be too long before De Petrillo is called up to the national team and congrats on reaching 100 games!
    I hope he gets the chance, would be great

Banned

Monthly Updates

March

After a difficult month in February, losing many matches, we finally put a bit of form together! It wasn't the best of months, but we only lost once and I will take anything at this stage! Just to justify the results a bit more, 5 out of 6 of those games were against teams in the top 10!

April

April was very much like March, with some very difficult matches. It seems that we just couldn't win this month, except the shocking victory over Mansfield. The Kettering match has to go down as a very bad results, with Kettering in last place and already relegated, so I would have expected so much more from that game, but it wasn't to be!

End Of Season Report To Follow Soon!

Last edited by Tactic Master; 23-03-2012 at 15:11.

Banned

End Of Season Report 2013/2014

This season, we would be challenging in the Blue Square Premier, after a successfull Play-Off Final in the Blue Square North against Darlington! The BSP would definately provide us with a huge challenge and it's down to the players to prove that we deserve to be here...

Squad Stats

We were inconsistent all season really, with only one or two players with consistent form and the rest picked up AVMR's between 6.60 and 6.80! Gary Beckford YPO1 was arguably one of our best players, despite his awfull AVMR, picking up 15 goals to become the top goalscorer for the club this season, whilst assisting 9 goals, which was the second best after Matt McGinn. Ryan James was our star at Centre Back and when he got injured, the squad fell to pieces and we couldn't win matches, so he's been very important and the best player in the squad by far. Manuele De Petrillo YP02 stepped in late on in the season to provide 4 assists in just 5 games! If he can hit that sort of form next season, we might just better ourselves!

Squad Training

Just a quick note on our training. We have brought in 2 new coaches during the season, after the board allowed us 2 extra. This has allowed us to bring fantastic training to our players and i'm sure you would agree if you have a look at the star ratings for coaching above.

Squad Tactics

Here are the tactics I used in April and what I intend to use next season. I'm hoping that with a few tweaks to player instructions, I might be able to get something better out of the squad. At times it was painfull to watch the team, so this is why I made swift action to change things tactics wise.

Transfers

The "Transfer Proof" for the season!

Finance Summary

Overall, for the season, we've struggled with outgoings, but we've ended with £77k in the bank on the 1st June. Hopefully this will improve next season, but I wouldn't put a bet on it!

Blue Square Bet Premier

17 wins, 13 draws and 16 losses... We can't complain at our 13th place this season as we were very much expected to be in a relegation dog fight! An amazing finish to the season, saw us keep the spot that we have rarely vacated all season! The only thing that has worried me a lot this season is the amount of goals we concede and i'll be looking to rectify that for next season.

FA Cup

4th Qual Round: Southport 1 - 2 Chester

1st Round: Chester 3 - 1 Gloucester

2nd Round: Chester 1 - 1 Swindon

2nd Round Replay: Swindon 3 - 1 Chester

Overall, very pleased to have reached the second round and pushed Swindon right till the end. They are a League 1 side, so we can be very proud of our draw and we weren't bad in the replay either! It definately brought in some money and is key to the fact that we still have money at the end of the season.

FA Trophy

1st Round: Chester 1 - 1 FC United

1st Round Replay: FC United 1 - 1p Chester

2nd Round: Northwich 1 - 2 Chester

3rd Round: Chester 0 - 2 Macclesfield

I was hoping for a longer run, but we came up against an extremely strong Macclesfield side and we were never expected to beat them! Hopefully next season we can go a bit further...

Verdict: A fantastic season for Chester really and I couldn't find much fault, especially for a team that has brought 0 players in and relied on youth intake. As shocked as I was, I have been voted 2nd for Manager Of The Year!

Last edited by Tactic Master; 23-03-2012 at 18:20.

Amateur

great season and a solid mid table. that san marino youngster looks like a gem

Banned

Progress Update - Beginning Of Season 2014/2015

After a fantastic season in the Blue Square Premier last season, finishing 13th, the table is set and it only requires us to better ourselves, come out with more wins, instead of drawing games and we could push for the play-offs! Lets see how we got on so far, starting with pre-season friendlies!

Pre-Season

A very tough Pre-Season compared to our last 2 seasons, but after only just staying above the red zone financial wise, I decided we needed some money spinners! Some of these teams approached us for a friendly, whilst the 2 cups and a few other friendlies were done by me. We ended pre-season with a massive £500k in our bank!

August

A brilliant start to the season and against a few tough teams aswell! We have been shutting shop at the back and getting that all important goal. The Accrington game was probably the most amazing result. Ebbsfleet are one of the best teams in the division, so we can be forgiven for not beating them. The only downside to this month, was Gary Beckford YP01's injury against Cambridge, keeping him out for the next 5 - 6 weeks.

League Table

It's only early days, but I'm hoping we can get in and around our current position at the end of the season. We have a few tough games coming up, but also some winnable ones as well, so it will be interesting to see where we are at the end of September!

Manuele De Petrillo YP02 Watch

Our best player so far with 2 goals and 3 assists, whilst picking up Man Of The Match twice! He's an absolute menace for other teams on the pitch and they struggle to contain him at times. I hope this form continues!

Banned

Junior Coaching Upgrade

This is just what we needed! It's taken a while, but finally the option was made available and despite a set back in talks at first, I managed to win the board round on the idea! This is fantastic news for me, as we need to start producing more quality players.

Banned

FA Cup Action - WARNING: Shocking Content!

The FA Cup is the holy grail for this club and in past careers, it has been a trophy that I love to win and have managed on several occasions! Last season was exceptional for us in the FA Cup, reaching the 2nd Round, which I consider to be very good. It provided us with some healthy income, aswell as making teams aware of our presence. This year, we are looking to go one better!

2014/2015 FA Cup

This season, we were drawn against an familiar opponent in Alfreton! This 4th Qualifying Round tie would see us go up against a team that we have a well known dislike for. They beat us to the BSN title, whilst also causing problems for us last season. Here is what followed in this sensational tie...

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round
    (Home Game) Chester 0 - 0 Alfetron
    Alfreton made us work for this draw, there is no doubt about that, with 20 shots to our measly 5, whilst we got 0 on target! We were never going to win and I was thankfull, after biting all my nails off, that the final wistle went! I think it's fair to say, that we have a huge task ahead of us in a few days time for the replay.

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round Replay
    (Away Game) Alfreton 0 - 2 Chester
    I decided that after one of out worst performances of the season a few days ago, I would change the tactics, hopefully in our favour! Although we didn't match them possession wise, I think we fully deserved out victory in this match, mostly down to the brilliance of Antoni Sarcevic who scord the brace. There was a sacrifice made during this match, as Steve Caroll picked up a pretty bad injurt, but he wont care so much as we got the result we wanted and needed!

FA Cup 1st Round Draw

This was the draw that could make or break us and we ended up with the following game...

(Home Game) Chester Vs Port Vale

Port Vale are a League 1 side, which potentially looks like a very dangerous tie for us. We beat a League 2 side last season in the 1st Round, but this could possibly be asking too much. Despite all the negatives, we do have a couple of positives, one being we are playing at home, whilst the other is we are playing against a team with very low morale, who are sitting in 23rd in League 1, with only 3 wins from 17 games! Here are some images of our shocking content!

A brilliant victory with 10 men from the 10th minute! Port Vale fully deserve their 23rd place in League 1 and we proved that today with a sensational victory! Bring on the 2nd Round!!!

Youth Team

Great win, hopefully that will get you a good draw for the 2nd round and a decent cash boost.

Banned

Great win, hopefully that will get you a good draw for the 2nd round and a decent cash boost.
    I have to say, I wasn't expecting this...

I'm not sure which league they are in, but it's somewhere below the BSN/BSS! Although I wont be taking them lightly, because they mananged to beat Boreham Wood who are in the BSP aswell!

Youth Team

Great chance of getting to the 3rd round then!. Hopefully you can get there and get a big money draw of Man United away!

Banned

Great chance of getting to the 3rd round then!. Hopefully you can get there and get a big money draw of Man United away!
    I'm hoping for an easy draw again, because the FA Cup is a really good source of money the further you get, prize money wise.

Banned

Season 2014/2015 - 3 Month Update

As you all know, we started the season in brilliant fashion, with several good results. I have since played on for another 3 months and it's time to see where we are at! You may have already noticed my FA Cup update, which I intend to update as we go along, if we get further. We have since played against Cray in the 2nd round, so you will find the result in the Novemeber update below.

September Update

After a fantastic August, we moved into September with high hopes, but knew we had to play against some very difficult teams. Dag & Red, Dartford, Gateshead and Bath were 4 extremely difficult matches to tackle and was made worse as they were one after the other! This could have caused problems with morale, but luckily we some how came out with 2 wins out of 4. We expected our victories over Boreham Wood and Welling, so it was fantastic to pick up maximum points from those matches, to put us in good stead in the league!

October Update

October saw us go unbeaten, probably for the first time ever in an entire month (I think i'm right!), which we can be very pleased with considering the opposition yet again, on par with last month! This month also saw us go face to face with self made rivals Alfreton (self made, meaning I believe them to be rivals!), dipping out toes into the FA Cup for the first time this season and beating them in the replay in their own back yard! Unfortunately, we found out on the 30th that we would play League 1 opposition in the 1st round...

November Update

This month was devastating for our Blue Square Bet Premier charge, with a defeat to Stockport and 3 draws! I would like to say, I think that we have had the toughest start to the season out of any clubs and I believe December could possibly be an easy month after getting all these difficult matches out of the way. Despite the heartache in the BSP, we found ourselves in the FA Cup! An abolsute cracking and shocking match against Port Vale, beating them with 10 men over 80 minutes (3-1) and then moving on to non-league Cray, budging ourselves into the 3rd round for the first time ever!

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Interesting Matches

Chelsea Vs Man Utd
    Fulham Vs Aldershot
    Reading Vs Dag & Red
    Middlesbrough Vs Man City
    Plymouth Vs Arsenal
    Newcastle Vs Gateshead
    Chester Vs Fleetwood or Bath City!!! (Both BSP)
    Chesterfield Vs Derby

We got the easiest draw in the entire FA Cup draw!!! There will only be 4 lower league teams and none are lower than the BSP, with all 4 being from the BSP, (Ourselves) Chester, Dag & Red, Gateshead, & Fleetwood or Bath City! If we can manage to get into the 4th Round and we get a decent draw from League 1 or below, I believe we could be in with a good chance!

League Table

Despite a difficult month in November, we have only played 20 games, compared to some teams above us who have played 21 and 22 games and our league position might be 11th, but there are only 4 points between 11th and 4th! I think if we can start scoring and winning these games that we keep drawing, then we could push for a play-off position!

Youth Team

Looks like you could be going to Wembley if the FA Cup draws continue to be so kind!!

Banned

Looks like you could be going to Wembley if the FA Cup draws continue to be so kind!!
    That would be amazing, but I very much doubt it The FA Cup draws have been a bit back to front this season really, picking up Alfreton was a difficult first match, then League 1 side Port Vale was a horrible draw, but then non-league, now BSP! You'd normally expect it to be the other way round

Third Team

Not doing too bad in the league but your doing brilliantly in the FA Cup,hope you can make it past the 3rd round.

Banned

Not doing too bad in the league but your doing brilliantly in the FA Cup,hope you can make it past the 3rd round.
    Will be posting an FA Cup update soon, but I wont be revealing anything yet

Banned

FA Cup Action Continued...

First off, we will recap on our success in the cup so far!

4th Qualifying Round
    (H) Alfreton 0 - 0
    (A) Alfreton 0 - 2

1st Round
    (H) Port Vale 3 - 1

2nd Round
    (H) Cray Wanderers 1 - 0

Everything was going to plan and we managed to get an unbelievable draw for the 3rd round, playing either Bath City or Fleetwood Town! We couldn't have been luckier if we'd tried. This meant we had a massive chance of reaching the 4th round, if we consider the league positions of both clubs, compared to our own! This is how proceedings went...

3rd Round

It didn't exactly go to plan against bath and they dominated the match, so we should be greatfull with the 1 - 1 draw! It looks like we will have to end this in their own back yard!

3rd Round Replay

Another nail-biting match against Bath City, which they once again dominated for some reason, but we are very resilient and thankfully we have reached the 4th round because of that! It's also good to see 3 of our most consistent performers, put the ball in the back of the net in the penalty showdown!

The 4th Round Draw - Some Interesting Pairs!

Norwich Vs Aston Villa
    QPR Vs Huddersfield
    Man City Vs Sunderland
    Wolves Vs Newcastle
    LIVERPOOL VS CHESTER
    Coventry Vs Tottenham
    Southampton Vs Arsenal
    Man Utd Vs West Brom

Looking at the draw, only one team would have given us a chance of reaching round 5 and even that was highly unlikely! Therefore I was over the moon about an away game against Liverpool, one of the biggest teams in the draw! This is one hell of a money spinner for us and we will enjoy it for sure! To even be part of the 4th round, being 2 leagues apart, from League 1 Coventry as the smallest club left, it's amazing and the draws for each round have been on our side for sure!

4th Round Action!

Although Liverpool didn't field a full strength side, they still had players like Glen Johnson, Jonjo Shelvey, Steven Garrard, Jordan Henderson, Andres Guardado and Andy Carroll, with Stuart Downing coming off the bench aswell! Even the second string players who played were of Championship and League 1 standard! I think we did extremely well not to get slaughtered and kept the scoreline respectable and our confidence intact!

As was expected, this game against Liverpool was going to be a super money spinner for us and these are how things look in the financial department!

£1,000,000!!! I can't believe we are at such a good standing as a BSP team and will help us an awfull lot over the coming seasons!

Verdict: This has to go down as a huge success for the club, not only reaching the 4th round, but also the scoreline against Liverpool, which went to prove how resilient we are! The dressing room is right behind me and if you'd asked me this time last season if we'd be in this position, I would have had my doubts... The dressing room was a nightmare, but I put my foot down and didn't let players walk all over me and it's paid off.

Banned

Junior Coaching Upgrade

After our success in the FA Cup this season, I decided to go straight to the boardroom and ask for yet another upgrade to our Junior Coaching! It hasn't been long since the last upgrade, so lets see what happened...

Brilliant stuff! I never expected to be pushed right up to "Excellent Junior Coaching"! I am definately looking forward to March this season!

Amateur

Absolutely phenomenal stuff mate, having excellent junior coaching already will make it so much easier to move up the divisions.

Reserves

Well done on such good cup progress.

Youth Team

Amazing, that £1million is going to be a massive boost. Good work!

Amateur

Great cup run! KUTGW!

Banned

Thanks guys, I expected a lot from the Liverpool game, but not that much! I've just had the youth intake and I can say I'm extremely pleased with it There are a few players who could possibly go straight into or fight for a 1st team spot!

Banned

Monthly Updates (December - March)

It's time to come back from where we left off in the last monthly update! We were 11th place with 1 or 2 games in hand depending on the team and were close enough to reaching the play-off spots! How has the team played since?

December

This month, we lost narrowly to Macclesfield and York which was difficult to take, but they are top teams. We also got dumped out on the first hurdle in the FA Trophy, but i'm not too bothered as it will save energy later in the season. Apart from that we picked up 10 points which we can be happy with!

January

This month may not look like much, but for me it was fantastic! We hit the £1mil mark in finances after the Liverpool game on the 31st! I do wish we could have put the Ebbsfleet and Dag & Red games to bed, but it wasn't to be.

February

A fantastic month going unbeaten, but yet again, I wish we could put the games to bed, but unfortunately we either don't score or we score but concede too many, it's a vicious circle! The Welling game was so unlucky because we dominated, but they stole 2 goals late on...

March

Yet again we had that problem where we score goals, but conceded too many against Hereford. The new youth-intake players missed out on playing the game against 1st placed Dover, but were picked for the Forest Green and Stockport game! Stockport at 2 places behind us and we thrashed them!

League Table

Verdict: We have come a long way this season and over the past 2 games we have looked even stronger, since the youth intake! I really do believe we now can push for a higher position in the league table and it's still possible to come 1st place, although I wont push my luck!

Banned

Youth Intake 2014/2015

Youth Intake CA/PA

I'm over the moon with this years youth intake and it mostly boils down to the amazing run in the FA Cup which secured us some very nice finances and allowed me to ask the board for yet another upgrade only shortly after already agreeing to one. This time the chairman pushed our Junior Coaching up the Excellent! Here are the 4 players i've decided to tag, going back on my previous rule of 1 per intake, due to the pure brilliance of these players!

This Central Midfielder has some huge potential, but I will definately need to focus on his passing ability to allow him to link up easier. He definately has a chance at a spot in the CM for the rest of this season!

Kyle Pope is definately more of a striker than a winger with horific crossing ability and I think he could become a future star for the club, but with another striker in the youth intake, whilst having Beckford on form currently, he may struggle!

I'm excited about this guy and so are the coaches! He's the perfect partner for Beckford in my eyes and i'm looking forward to the rest of the season as he's rated 2nd best behind Beckford!

I've been hoping for a top class Center Back to come through the ranks and my prayers have been answered! Absolutely fantastic intake and he will fit in perfectly next to Bilal!

Reserves

Wood looks very promising.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Wood looks very promising.
    One of the coaches thinks he could be a good League 1 defender if he reaches his potential, whilst the rest believe a leading league 2 defender. Bilal is already top quality and they think he will far exceed him, so it's looking good!

Third Team

Some cracking prospects you've got there.

Banned

End Of Season Report - Chester - Season 2014/2015

Please Note: I have decided to add a little bit extra to my updates now with "Video's & Commentary". I will still have screenshots available as requested, but all the detail will go into the video as I feel that reading reports can sometimes be boring for people, unless you like reading!

For best results, view in 720p HD and Full Screen

Important Images

Blue Square Bet Premier Table

Transfers

Finances

Chester Squad

Youth Intake Images

Youth Intake 2014/2015

Gary Beckford YP01

Manuele De Petrillo YP02

Rod Delfouneso YP03

Kyle Pope YP04

Christian Walsh YP05

Ciaran Wood YP06

Season Verdict: A brilliant season that has seen us get promoted to League 2! Very pleased with the squad this season and over the moon with this seasons youth intake, with 4 players who I think will definately make the grade! Next season will be extremely difficult, but hopefully this squad i've been assembling will become better as the season goes along.

Code:
    Season      Division   Position   Achievement

2012/2013   BSN        2nd        Promotion Via Playoffs
    2013/2014   BSP        13th       Mid-Table
    2014/2015   BSP        4th        Promotion Via Playoffs

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Steven Garrard
    Never heard of him.

Well done on promotion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Never heard of him.

Well done on promotion.
    Thanks, it was a typing mistake

Amateur

Now that is what I call a youth intake! It's a shame you couldn't get a couple more defenders but I've always preferred trying to outscore the opposition anyway Keen to see how you fare in League Two.

Third Team

Congrats on winning promotion,loving your method of outscoring the opposition,it's the best way to go

Banned

Arinceo, B.W.G

You haven't seen nothing yet Just wait for the game that was just pure carnage in terms of goals

Banned

Mid-Season Update

For Best Results, View In 720p HD & Full Screen!

Big mistake from me as you probably will notice, I got the 2nd frame mixed up with others It was meant to start with the league table!

Banned

Season 2015 - 2016 End Of Season Report
    Chester - League 2 - First Season

This was my first season in League 2 and the Football Leagues, a massive achievement for the club! Initially, I knew that this would be a very tough season and I set myself a few goals which I will now outline...

Season 2015/2016 Goals

1. Avoid Relegation - Achieved
    2. Wages Below 10k - Achieved (Below 8k)
    3. Have a player score a hatrick - Not Achieved
    4. Maintain Good Finances - Achieved (£748k)
    League Table - League 2 | Fixtures - January To June | Squad - Team Stats | Youth Intake - March 2016

A very strong end to the season after a run of only 1 win in 16 games, we won 4 out of our last 6! The victory over Stevenage ensured our survival from relegation as they were 23rd and we won that match in style! We were also the team to end Exeter's hopes of survival after our 1 - 0 victory ensured their relegation from League 2. Finally, to prove how many strides we've made over the last 2 seasons, we managed to beat Luton (4-2) in our last game of the season. Some of you may remember my infamous loss to Luton 3 seasons ago in the BSP, where we lost 8 - 0! This was a sort of pay back for this growing squad of players.

On another note, I am unsure if my actions at the end of last season and the start of this season may have been the reason why we struggled this season, letting several original players leave and bringing through my YP's + other youth players, but we will never know and despite our problems, I feel I have done the right thing, as this should secure our long term plan. The original players were getting old and the only way I could see us securing our future was to go with the youth players development, whether they were YP's or not.

League Cup

Our first venture into the League Cup, with our first opponent in Round 1 being Huddersfield Town! As you would imagine, we didn't fair too well against this Championship side, beaten 2 - 0... I feel the scoreline was respectable considering the major revamp I had put in place.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

2nd Round North: Bury 0 - 1 Chester
    Quarter Final North: Bradford 0 - 0 Chester (W - Penalties)
    Semi Final North: Carlisle 1 - 0 Chester

We were knocked out by a very good side in Carlisle and I think that we did well to reach the Semi-Final North! Hopefully next season we can step it up a notch.

FA Cup

1st Round: Dag & Red 1 - 2 Chester
    2nd Round: Crawley 1 - 1 Chester
    2nd Round Replay: Chester 2 - 1 Crawley (After ET)
    3rd Round: Luton 0 - 0 Chester
    3rd Round Replay: Chester 1 - 0 Luton (After ET)
    4th Round: Bournemouth 2 - 1 Chester

Once again we reached the FA Cup 4th Round and this time round we got lucky with the draw, with League 1 Bournemouth the only thing standing in our way of reaching a record 5th round! Unfortunately, they were just too good for us... Despite the scoreline only being 2 - 1, they dominated every area of the pitch and the scoreline flattered us really. Unfortunately this meant that we didn't get the sort of money we were looking for and I wish we had been drawn against a bigger side.

Club Finances | Club Transfers | Junior Coaching Upgrade

This season, our club finances have dropped, but we are still going very strong in that department thankfully and to top of our season of survival, we got some brilliant news on 1st June, as the board accepted my request of an upgrade to the Junior Coaching, bringing us up to Exceptional! Very pleased with this outcome!

This seasons YP Watch

Gary Beckford YP01
    Manuele De Petrillo YP02
    Rod Delfouneso YP03
    Kyle Pope YP04
    Christian Walsh YP05
    Ciaran Wood YP06
    Eric Davidson YP07
    Brett Smart SYP01

This season brings in YP07 (Eric Davidson - CM) and a newly tagged SYP01 (Brett Smart)

Code:
    Season      Division   Position   Achievement
    2012/2013   BSN        2nd        Promotion Via Playoffs
    2013/2014   BSP        13th       Mid-Table
    2014/2015   BSP        4th        Promotion Via Playoffs
    2015/2016   L2         18th       Avoided Relegation
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 01-04-2012 at 21:41.

Third Team

Solid first season in the football league,give it a couple of seasons and you could be challenging for a playoff spot.

Banned

Hopefully I can pick up mid-table this season...

Fixed the update so all links are up and working

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast