Injuries

Ok, I may be well off the mark here but I'm experiencing a very high volume of injuries. I'm playing as AC. Gubbio in Italy. First season I got promoted automatically but I was getting so many injuries it was ridiculous, a lot were out for a long time too, but, I didn't really do anything about it and just thought it was an unlucky season. Into my second season, my first in Serie 'A' and I'm currently a respectable 10th after spending no cash and I really am having a successful season. The amount of injuries is really stopping my enjoyment. I've played 29 games, due to my annoyance at the constant injuries I went back and looked at every game to see how many players got injured in-game. Out of 29 games at least 1 player got injured in 21 games. in 4 games 2 players got injured. That is in-game injuries alone! Not all were red injuries. Green injuries leave players out for a while sometimes too. I'm just using the default training settings so I can't really think why this is happening? With a team like mine, no money whatsoever it's really noticeable and really annoying! Anybody else getting a lot of injuries?

All within the first 3 weeks of the season start :

Demel, 6 weeks, knee - McCartney, 6 weeks, shoulder - Taylor, 6 weeks, knee - Carew, 3 months, broken foot, Cole, 3 months, broken ankle, Maynard 3 weeks knee. Not sure on the latest patch as i've just started the game but players struggled to get back on previous patches from non career threatening injuries as well. I'm hoping that isn't the case with that little lot!!

I've had 4 games with 3 injuries each when I was managing in Italy. Now I've started a new game and I've managed to pick 4 injuries on,you guessed it, the very last friendly before the season starts!

Oh,and it's even better with a kid I expect to develop. He managed to scrap an in-game injury,only to be left out for a month in training the very next day. The game is such a big troll...

same old song.. four broken legs in 2 months.. I think its the way that the game tells you ''you're unlucky my friend'' cuz we play multi with my cousin and during 15 game seasons he never encountered broken legs arms etc..

In my current save, whilst it's always frustrating to have injuries, especially long-term, I've not noticed anything untoward.

Whilst it's not the answer to all scenarios, because frankly luck can play its part, frequencies of injuries may largely depend upon the players themselves. For example, I have players who very rarely (if ever) suffer injuries, whilst on the other hand I have players who are somewhat injury prone. That is, they may be more likely to suffer injuries in both training and during matches.

During matches themselves, obviously a red cross injury is the end of a match for a player. Sometimes they're bad injuries, sometimes they may have been sufficient to remove them from the match, but the lasting effects are only a matter of days out of training. Green cross injuries can vary and whilst players can continue during matches, it's often worth trying to check what type of knock they've taken if possible, along with how big a drop their condition has taken. Slight knocks with no more than a 10% drop, I usually leave players on to "run off" the injury. More than 10% and it will depend on my assistant feedback and at what stage of the match we're at.

Overall though, I really don't think there's anything untoward with the ratio of injuries in the game.

The ratio may be alright but there are too many occurences of this:

zpaVx.jpg

How many games do we see in reality where three players get stretchered off and another gets an injury that ends up with him being out for a while? Not at all rare in FM. There are too many need-to-sub injuries during matches and too few in training.

How many games do we see in reality where three players get stretchered off and another gets an injury that ends up with him being out for a while? Not at all rare in FM. There are too many need-to-sub injuries during matches and too few in training.

In the same breath how many times do we see pro players carrying on with knocks, and even more frequent carrying on playing with knocks when no one knows they have received one? We in FM tend to sub a player as soon as we see his fitness drop below 60% or they take a recoverable knock, in real life these guys are left on the pitch to carry on. You regularly see guys suffering from cramp near the end of a game, in FM we dont allow that, we sub players before it gets to that stage. So its hard to really compare reality and FM in an injury sense as we handle these situations completely different to real life managers.

I have had a few injury crisis's but they have been manageable, did sell my world class but injury prone star midfielder this summer to replace him with a Scottish regen who came through the Athletico Madrid ranks......for £20m only for the new boy to break his leg in his 3rd game.........gotta love irony!! hahaha

Well they can't carry on with a red cross now can they? Players being stretchered off is not that frequent of an event in reality in the first place. Out of my last 20 games in FM in 12 of them at least one player (counting both my own players and the AI's) has been stretchered off (red cross). In 6 of those games there were multiple red crosses. Fair enough it's League Two where pitches are poor but that's an insane rate.

Players may not be strechered off but they do limp off the pitch quite a lot unable to continue, in FM players either take knocks or they are stretchered off, no real middle ground, or at least not a great number of animations for the middle ground. Your stats tie in with what my team Aberdeen have experienced this season, i think 5 games in a row we had what FM would class as red cross injuries. Since about November we have had on average 8 of what we would class first team squad players out injured.

I just loaned Nathan Delfonso for Leeds United, I was very pleased. Throughout preseason he scored goals and looked raring to go for the coming season. 2 games in and he breaks his leg, 6/7 months out. had to send him back.

What a suprise!!

Also within the first 5 games of the season I had Delfonso, McCormack, Snodgrass and Clayton all injured up to 6 weeks. My 4 most influential attacking players. What a joke

having similar issues. long term injuries are through the roof. plus ive played 5 games of my second season with boston and had 8 players taken of injured in those games.

1st game - 1 off injured.

2nd game -1 off injured.

3rd game - 2 off injured.

4th game - 3 off injured.

5th game - 1 off injured.

seems very excessive to me.

Today has been a perfect example of the 'no injuries issues'..... 4 left backs and a striker all out very long term, all injured in 5 consecutive games. I know, it happens in real life! Every now and then we have a 'cull the left back' week!....... No injury issues? ********!

i love how i manage my training and team carefully to avoid injuries. had a few but nothing major played terrible for a month while rooney was injured (he seems to create loads) and giggs thats it. international break arrives.

hamsik injured on slovakia duty...... a back strain doing weights in training? come on :(

rooney injured on england duty strained knee ligerments. so i lose him for a month, get him back for TWO games, he goes off and is out for 6 weeks. thanks international duty, thanks very much

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=012iiknnilnp2de

Here's another one. I can't be bothered to keep uploading images but this recent one really annoyed me. I'm Gubbio and it's a struggle but we are doing really well, these injuries are so annoying and really hindering my enjoyment for the game.

Ps. Didn't do the screenshot right, at the bottom there is a 3rd injury that you can't see.

Just had a game with 4 injuries. Danaged knee cap, damaged elbow, torn groin and sprained ankle. Most games I get at leat 2 injuries. I am wary of making tactical substitutions now. Carlton Cole and George McCartney were both out for 6 weeks with serious injuries. When back I placed them in the Reserves until fit. First game back with the first team they both left the field within 10 minutes of the start with injuries keeping them out another 3 weeks. 8 of my first team squad are injured including Green and Faubert with hernias!! It is very excessive this patch.

Oh joy, Cole has now injured a thigh in a Reserve game and will be out for 3 weeks! 3 injuries in 4 months and I cannot remember him having an injury in any other incarnation of FM!!

Sussex, I only usually make no more than 2 substitutions max. per game, usually injuries or fatigue. When I do make 3, say the last one being around the 75th minute mark, very often I get another injury and have to finish with 10 men for the remainder of the game, utterly frustrating and annoying! I am telling you there are too many injuries in this game.

Sussex, I only usually make no more than 2 substitutions max. per game, usually injuries or fatigue. When I do make 3, say the last one being around the 75th minute mark, very often I get another injury and have to finish with 10 men for the remainder of the game, utterly frustrating and annoying! I am telling you there are too many injuries in this game.

I agree with you dolph but nothing will ever get done about it because too many fanboys insist there is no injury issue, maybe they just got lucky and picked a team that misses it, or maybe they bought ' Football Manager 2012 - Super Boy ' edition which didn't have the problem in it.

I don't agree that fatigue is the cause of injuries though, in the games I mentioned earlier in the thread my left back had to go off in 10 minutes, his fitness was 98%, match fit 95%, default tackling, zonal marking at the kick off and still 92% after he had gone off so why the hell is he out for 8 weeks? The guy I put at left back to replace him (another left back from the bench) was then clobbered and had to come off after 23 minutes. Fortunately he was OK by the start of the next match, or so I thought.... 15 minutes in to that game he got clobbered again and had to come straight off, this time he's out for 6 weeks........ and it doesn't stop there, in the next two games I got my striker crippled for 8 weeks after 32 minutes and then yet another left back, this time he managed to last a bit longer and got to the 63rd minute but now he's out for four weeks as well. So that's four bad injuries in four (five if you count the one recovered from) games in a row..... but there is no injury issue!

i never make 3.

and as it stands, this my man utd injury list

rooney

hamsik

valencia

hazard

no defence injuries, just to key players, and once you lose a key player like rooney or a winger, you have to use players more often, increasing thier chance of injury as well.

I feel like some posters on here just will not accept anything bad about the game, they go into ultra-defence mode, like an over-protective mommy! I love the game, but there are many issues with it, injuries is one of them!

it might be an issue, but i have set rules in which seem to work involving avoiding injures. i have had wilfried get 1 injury in an entire season.

the condition, if it is below 95% on my forward player i rotate them as they seem to get injured, which is why i hate getting key player injures as it ruins the resting of players.

and those rooney and hamsik injures were in that pointless friendly period in march so could do nothing about it.

I feel like some posters on here just will not accept anything bad about the game, they go into ultra-defence mode, like an over-protective mommy! I love the game, but there are many issues with it, injuries is one of them!

If you think its an issue, create a bug thread and upload your saves. Not aimed at you, but one of my recent pet peeves is the number of people who say there is an issue with some part of the game, but then dont follow it up, but then complain when their "issue" is still there.

Personally dont pick up many injuries, but then my injury prevention scheme starts by not buying players who could be susceptible, good rotation of the squad, balanced training schedules, and good cover for any existing players with injuries. And thus my injury rates are low, and have been consistently so in just about every save i've made since FM09. I dont know if there is an issue or not, but if you feel there is, starting making detailed notes/screenshots on every injury sustained, when and how, and how often, along with what you are doing etc. Put it all in a bug thread, because a good concise argument backed up with evidence is hard to ignore, and easy for them to work with.

If you think its an issue, create a bug thread and upload your saves. Not aimed at you, but one of my recent pet peeves is the number of people who say there is an issue with some part of the game, but then dont follow it up, but then complain when their "issue" is still there.

Personally dont pick up many injuries, but then my injury prevention scheme starts by not buying players who could be susceptible, good rotation of the squad, balanced training schedules, and good cover for any existing players with injuries. And thus my injury rates are low, and have been consistently so in just about every save i've made since FM09. I dont know if there is an issue or not, but if you feel there is, starting making detailed notes/screenshots on every injury sustained, when and how, and how often, along with what you are doing etc. Put it all in a bug thread, because a good concise argument backed up with evidence is hard to ignore, and easy for them to work with.

It's OK suggesting using rotation and good cover if you are managing a team who can afford to do that kind of thing but there are loads of teams in the lower reaches where that is totally impossible because you just don't have the money to buy or pay these players.

I'm not even sure I'd say it was a bug as such, I just think somehow something in the games coding sets it off at certain clubs at certain times for what ever reason...... and as for going to all that bother of detailed notes/screenshots/saves/lists...etc,etc, is it really worth any-one's time and effort? We've just waited months for a patch that has fixed absolutely nothing as far as I can see and indeed, from what I've read it's actually created more problems than it's fixed so what is the point in reporting anything just for it to be ignored and brushed under the table along with everyone else's gripes?

It's OK suggesting using rotation and good cover if you are managing a team who can afford to do that kind of thing but there are loads of teams in the lower reaches where that is totally impossible because you just don't have the money to buy or pay these players.

I'm not even sure I'd say it was a bug as such, I just think somehow something in the games coding sets it off at certain clubs at certain times for what ever reason...... and as for going to all that bother of detailed notes/screenshots/saves/lists...etc,etc, is it really worth any-one's time and effort? We've just waited months for a patch that has fixed absolutely nothing as far as I can see and indeed, from what I've read it's actually created more problems than it's fixed so what is the point in reporting anything just for it to be ignored and brushed under the table along with everyone else's gripes?

There wouldnt be that kind of gamey coding about certain clubs. I'm sure Ackter clarify that.

Sorry that is a cop out argument to say it will be brushed under. Many things that get reported do get fixed, and the patch hasn't caused more issues than it fixed.Comparing the bug list of fixes to the issues that SI acknowledged the patch created shows that. Lots of changes have come about because of people debating it and doing something

Earlier, you were complaining of fanboys defending, but then you have no interest in actually doing anything about it, then say it will get brushed under as some excuse. Your view point can be just as bad for the game as any "fanboy" defending for the sake of it. The game cannot go forwards on either kind of attitude.

I get your point madsheep, I should really complain but I really can't be bothered to upload saves (don't know how to do it for a start!). Jonuk hits the nail on the head, it hits you very hard when you are a small team with a low budget against teams with far superior budgets. My Gubbio team, for instance, 3rd season now in Serie 'A', still not a penny to spend, I get very little sponsorship and only £800,000 in TV money every year. MY wage budget is ridiculous, can only offer £5,000 max for a player. With an already thin squad, injury after injury after injury is just too annoying. I had it with previous saves but it never affected as much as much as this save due to circumstances. Obviously, injuries are a massive part of the game, but I'mm just finding it so unrealistic to be honest.

I get your point madsheep, I should really complain but I really can't be bothered to upload saves (don't know how to do it for a start!). Jonuk hits the nail on the head, it hits you very hard when you are a small team with a low budget against teams with far superior budgets. My Gubbio team, for instance, 3rd season now in Serie 'A', still not a penny to spend, I get very little sponsorship and only £800,000 in TV money every year. MY wage budget is ridiculous, can only offer £5,000 max for a player. With an already thin squad, injury after injury after injury is just too annoying. I had it with previous saves but it never affected as much as much as this save due to circumstances. Obviously, injuries are a massive part of the game, but I'mm just finding it so unrealistic to be honest.

I'm not having a go. So i apologise if I sound like it. But to me it sounds like your experience is really being ruined. All i know is that if it was me, and i felt it wasnt my actions contributing, then i would push it. I agree its a hassle, but if it really is an issue, chasing it is the only way to get it fixed. Or at the very least get some answers. If I sound testy its because of recent threads about various other things on the game.

Sorry that is a cop out argument to say it will be brushed under. Many things that get reported do get fixed, and the patch hasn't caused more issues than it fixed. Comparing the bug list of fixes to the issues that SI acknowledged the patch created shows that.

Earlier, you were complaining of fanboys defending, but then you have no interest in actually doing anything about it. Your view point of can be just as bad for the game as any "fanboy" defending for the sake of it. The game cannot go forwards on either kind of attitude.

OK, what did it fix? Because there has been not one single difference in my save that I've seen yet! It certainly didn't fix any of the issues that most people thought needed fixing, all they ever seem to fix is to get some obscure league in Timbuktu working better than it was but never touch the real issues that would make the game even more enjoyable. You and many others here may have plenty of time on your hands to sit here making notes all day long on this and that issues and saving files and making screen shots etc,etc but I'm afraid I don't, I play the game when ever I get chance and I come here to the forum to say what I think, that's what forums are for, discussions and opinions and i'm sorry I just don't have the time to go to all that trouble just to be told ' it will be fixed in the next version ' again.

(No offence to people who are running leagues in Timbuktu (if indeed there are any....lol).

The ratio may be alright but there are too many occurences of this:

zpaVx.jpg

If it happens regularly, report it in the bugs forum.

I rarely suffer from injuries in my Bradford save (season 9). Mostly my team is entirely injury-free. I rotate heavily and my tactic doesn't tire the players that much, so this can explain why I don't suffer from what the OP and others are experiencing.

However, playing as Arsenal in one save I know what injury proneness can do to a team. It is here that I have observed something strange; injury proneness in FM seems to increase the chance of -any- injury to occur. I may be wrong about this, but if that is true, is that really realistic? Van Persie has brittle bones? Or is it just his joints and muscles that regularly (not so regularly this last 1,5 years) take a knock?

Themadsheep, I wasn't having a go either, I'm also sorry if you felt that :). I'm not on here for that, just to have a little moan I guess and hope it gets noticed and see if others are having the same issue.

Themadsheep, I wasn't having a go either, I'm also sorry if you felt that :). I'm not on here for that, just to have a little moan I guess and hope it gets noticed and see if others are having the same issue.

Hah, no worries :). Well some people do seem to have it, and then some dont. You seem to be having major issues, I cant say i've had any issues since 09, so its hard to pin down. There are lots of little bits of anecdotes, while SI's soak tests dont seem to show any issues apparently. Which is why i think it would be interesting to see someone having issues keep a detailed log over a season. Maybe it would shed some light. Maybe the number of injuries is right, but the manner of them isnt?

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

if you all look at that website, injuries are very common. no teams have i seen completely injury free. most of the clubs constantly have 4-5 players out.

the problem is, most of the injuries takes place AFTER the match in real life, after doing scans and all that. most players just play through the slight pain barrier to end the match. but right now, there is too many injuries happening DURING the game which forces us to make substitutions when it doesn't really happen very often in real life.

to reflect real life situtations, some players who are playing through pain barrier should constantly be at about 85% condition. so its up to the manager to rest the player/rotate/send him for a check up and recieve feedback from your chief physio or club doctor,

or continue him playing through that condition.

it's much more realistic to implement this feature as it reflects real life. where managers after the match send their player for scans to see if they are alright. if they are not they then sent for rehab etc to recover. this feature should be implemented.

as its part of your management skills which the game is all about.

Becoming quite funny now. Since the patch. Carlton Cole first game of the season broken ankle - out 3 months.... Played 3 Reserve games and then first game back in the first team a groin strain - 2 weeks out. Play 2 Reserve games then again first team, first game back and thigh strain - 2 weeks. Gets back and 3 Reserve games then first game back in the first team, yep you have guessed it 6 weeks out with knee ligaments. All in match.

Plus.... I'm still getting the "do you want to leave him on" box and before you press "yes" you are forced into a change anyway. I thought this was being sorted but obviously not.

I must say that this is the first incarnation of FM that each patch has actually made the game worse!

That infuriates me Sussex! Why ask that question when he's coming off anyway!!!?? I tend to agree, this has been a disappointing FM for me, personally. I just had to make 3 subs, the last one was forced, with 20 mins left, the player that was subbed on last was on for 47 seconds and he got injured lol, quality! Had to finish with 10 men again!

That infuriates me Sussex! Why ask that question when he's coming off anyway!!!?? I tend to agree, this has been a disappointing FM for me, personally. I just had to make 3 subs, the last one was forced, with 20 mins left, the player that was subbed on last was on for 47 seconds and he got injured lol, quality! Had to finish with 10 men again!

Yup same with me, if it doesn't work then just take it off completely, why left something that's obviously broken in the game? We're already pissed having an injured player but having to deal with broken **** makes it even more irritating...

agree with this totally. another broken feature which is yet to be fixed. and it's already 4 patches through.

Injuries are a big bear for me too, but I rarely see a opponent getting a card for injuring my player with a rash tackle. I also believe injuries are random and don't coincide with how the injury was inflicted. For example, I've noticed one of my players picked up a long term hamstring injury after a heavy tackle/foul. If you know your football, you can only tear your hamstring by running.

And I do notice I get injuries either in big games, and when comfortably winning, particularly to key players. If injuries are out of context with how and when they occur, especially to players whom are fully fit, it is difficult to not feel you've been punished by something you could not at first identify. If you could identify a player will pick up an injury before the fact, you could obviously substitute them first. And believe me, some physios and managers can spot if a player is susceptible to picking up an injury even before it has been inflicted.

Archived