+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,100 of 2422

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Banned

Good luck with Chester, they are one of the best ones to go with if your not too sure because they are a good team. I'm currently in the Championship with them, so if you need any advice just ask

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    Just found a thread by Cleon about developing youths, its amazing! had some great results with it only a few months down the line. here is the link: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ment-The-Guide

I'd also check out some of her other threads, she's an FM genius!
    I could have told you all that information Ri :P

Reserves
    I try to avoid saftey winks. If you're too dumb to get sarcasm then I hope you do feel insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    I could have told you all that information Ri :P
    well you are tactic master arent you? ;) even if it wasnt tactics

Banned

well you are tactic master arent you? ;) even if it wasnt tactics
    Haha! I read up on it about 5 months ago and never looked back since. I've not been using it as much these past 2 seasons but I think it's about time I carried on, although I do have my own schedules set up for each particular role that I use.

Amateur

Forgot to post my YP00, he has decent all-around stats and good BSP potential

YP00 - Darren Ryan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joel1031 View Post
    Forgot to post my YP00, he has decent all-around stats and good BSP potential

YP00 - Darren Ryan
    Work on his pace and acceleration and maybe even agility

Semi Pro
    Football Manager isn't life or death ... It's far more important than that!

Brett Joven is new Manager of Redditch United

Facilities and the Squad!

Amateur

Work on his pace and acceleration and maybe even agility
    Yeah will definitely be working on his Physical stats before his Technical ones.

Reserves
    I try to avoid saftey winks. If you're too dumb to get sarcasm then I hope you do feel insulted.

Just realised we reached 2000 posts! well done guys, this challenge is nothing without you ;)

Banned

I think we just got taught a lesson...

Lesson Learned

To think we were doing so well up untill this point...

Banned

Just realised we reached 2000 posts! well done guys, this challenge is nothing without you ;)
    It's good to see this was a success, being one of the first to post

Semi Pro

I have never used them once the help guide i think if your player is going to be good he will be good simple as that only thing i do is give them a preferred move

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    I have never used them once the help guide i think if your player is going to be good he will be good simple as that only thing i do is give them a preferred move
    This is about moulding the players stats, rather than just letting them spread out. Your right that if you play him and use default schedules he will come good, but he could be better if you distribute his CA in the correct way. There's no use of a fast striker having marking abilities, but the default schedules distribute this to them, rather than using it on important striker stats.

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 12 UPDATE - 2024/25

Season objectives - play-offs (achieved)

Achievements:

League One - 3rd - Lost play-off final on penalties to Luton :mad:
    FA Cup - 1st round
    League Cup - 2nd round
    JPT - quarter final

A wasted opportunity means another year, at least, in League One. Very disappointed and was also forced to sell key player Antonio Bengo. I got £2.9m and 50% next sale which is a fair price for an unhappy player but it weakens the side.

No transfers but £2.9m for players sold.

This years youth intake has three players worth a tag:

Ollie Gill (YP12a)
    Alain Tapsoba (YP12b)
    Harlee Crook (YP12c)

SEASON 13 EXPECTATIONS

My expectation - play-offs
    Board expectation - top half finish
    Media prediction - 11th

Reserves

Marty- Well done on a good season but you were unlucky in the play-off final. You have to be aiming for promotion next season though .

Part-Timer

Marty- Well done on a good season but you were unlucky in the play-off final. You have to be aiming for promotion next season though .
    Losing Bengo is a massive blow. We are strong enough going forward but defensively we are soft and we are dodgy away from home. Birmingham, Leeds and Bristol City are massive favorites and have much better players.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marty78 View Post
    Losing Bengo is a massive blow. We are strong enough going forward but defensively we are soft and we are dodgy away from home. Birmingham, Leeds and Bristol City are massive favorites and have much better players.
    You are getting through these seasons at the speed of light The 3 Tagged Players look like they will be great for the team and I think promotion is on the cards in the coming season!

Part-Timer

Instant auto-continue, no scouting or transfers and key highlights on almost fastest plus the fact I'm "working" from home for a couple of months means I'm flying through. So unfortunate that I'll be working at home throughout the Euro's.

Reserves

Instant auto-continue, no scouting or transfers and key highlights on almost fastest plus the fact I'm "working" from home for a couple of months means I'm flying through. So unfortunate that I'll be working at home throughout the Euro's.
    D*ck!

(10 chars)

Amateur

Good luck with Chester, they are one of the best ones to go with if your not too sure because they are a good team. I'm currently in the Championship with them, so if you need any advice just ask
    How can I get Christian Smith to stop getting reds? It's the second week of October and he's already got two yellow-reds and a straight red (the straight coming in something like the 10th minute). Pretty much every game he's not sent off he's getting "Bossed the midfield" but damn every game he does it screws me over so hard.

Part-Timer

How can I get Christian Smith to stop getting reds? It's the second week of October and he's already got two yellow-reds and a straight red (the straight coming in something like the 10th minute). Pretty much every game he's not sent off he's getting "Bossed the midfield" but damn every game he does it screws me over so hard.
    How do you play him? I use him as a Ball Winning Midfielder with a defensive role. No reds this season.

Banned

I dont believe I ever had any major problems with him, having used him for 4 seasons untill I let him go. Just make sure you use light tackling for him if he's getting red cards and if he continues, i'd suggest stop using him all together.

Amateur

Thanks, I'll give that a go. Turns out Simm is a fantastic AMC, so I've been playing him there quite a bit. Rainford has been on fire scoring goals but just recently picked up a 4-week injury so my YP will feature in the first team during that time.

Amateur

What the hell, I'm in. Just took over FC United of Manchester and will now quickly guide them to glory.. Well, that's the plan anyways.

This is the third time tonight that I try this. I've had to start over because of some match preparation bug I've never seen before. Anyways, here is hoping this is the time it works ;)
    Last edited by Pjotas; 28-05-2012 at 23:09.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Shevchenko View Post
    How do you play him? I use him as a Ball Winning Midfielder with a defensive role. No reds this season.
    Exact same role. After his first three I bumped his tackling down to Normal and it's been fine since.

Amateur

Chester 2012/13 (Season 1) Update

Goals

1. Mid-Table Finish: Accomplished, we finished 13th in the table.
    2. Qualify for both cups: Accomplished, we made it to the FAC 1st and FAT 2nd.

Competitions

League - Past Position - New Years Slump

Things were going so damn well, punching above our weight for the first half of the season. There was a freak 6-0 loss at the end of September but otherwise we were flying.We weren't turtling sides to death, but rather out-possessing them (as noted by opposing managers) and scoring seemingly at will. Then New Years rolled around and we crawled to the finish, getting dominated on possession, shots, goals, and basically every statistical category even though no players or tactics had changed at all. That is really the most frustrating part, it's like the players suddenly realized they were only expected to finish mid-table and decided to play like it.

In the FAC we drew a BSP side in the first round and were easily cleaned up. The FAT was very exciting, the first round with a BSP side went into extra time of the second leg where we scored in the 112th minute away from home to move on to the next round. We then lost to a BSP side in the second round.

The Squad - Ass Man's Report

The squad is fine. It's a little thin, and our Youth Intake (see below) was rather meager so I'm concerned for the near future but next season we should maintain our strength and challenge for the playoffs.

Youth Intake

YP01a - Greg Brierley

Has the potential to be a good Blue Square Premier striker. Already has reasonable physical stats for such a young player and they'll improve over time.

YP01b - Ross Downing

Has the potential to be a good League Two winger. My basic problem is my formation is wingerless (I play a 4-5-1) but as he develops it's possible I might change out of that some.

Previous Prospects

YP00 - Darren Ryan - Didn't have an amazing season but he's 16. His lone cup goal came with us 1-0 down in the 2nd leg of the FAT 1st round so it was vital. Aside from a few odd starts he got mostly a few run-outs and featured in the Reserves.

Misc

Facilities - Upgraded Junior Coaching before my intake. After taking this and going into the offseason I was able to get our Youth Recruitment up to basic.

Transfers

2013/14 Goals

1. Top Half Finish
    2. Qualify for both cup competitions
    3. Continue to develop my young prospects through training and (when possible) game experience
    Last edited by joel1031; 28-05-2012 at 22:42.

Banned

Season 2018/2019 Npower Championship First Season

Season Aims

Npower Championship: Avoid Relegation
    League Cup: Reach Third Round
    FA Cup: Reach Sixth Round

Npower Championship

League Table: We had a brilliant season I thought, coming 15th in the end which was aided by a bright start to the season. I think towards the end that our fitness levels had dropped considerably and if we had been able to avoid this, we would have finished higher up the table. In our last 16 matches we only won 3 games, compared to the 7 games we won in our opening 16 games.

League Cup Action

1st Round: Chester 4 - 1 Bradford
    Fantastic game against Bradford who are currently in League 1, adding to a great start to the season.

2nd Round: Chester 1 - 0 Manchester City
    Amazing stuff to beat Manchester City! I was completely shocked at this, especially being on the back foot for nearly all the game. Christian Walsh put them to the sword and we some how scraped the win.

3rd Round: Stoke 1 - 3 Chester
    Another brilliant performance with 2 late goals to secure the victory! We've never reached the 3rd round before, so to reach the 4th round is brilliant.

4th Round: Chester 3 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday
    We rode our luck here, but thankfully we managed the victory against the out of form Premier League side. Into the Quarter Finals!

Quarter Finals: Q.P.R. 1 - 2 Chester
    Christian Walsh has been amazing so far in this tournament and was yet again all over the papers with his heroics! It was 1 - 1 up untill the 77th minute when he slotted a header away from a corner. Semi-Finals here we come!

Semi-Finals Leg 1: Chester 1 - 1 Birmingham
    Birmingham outplayed us here, but Brett Smart scored a late goal to equalise and provide us with an unlikely draw! We have it all to do in the 2nd Leg.

Semi-Finals Leg 2: Birmingham 1 - 1 Chester (Chester win 4 - 3 on penalties)
    AMAZING! New to the team Kyle Gay, the new SYP scores the first, whilst Gary Beckford, Eric Davidson and Brett Smart follow up with consecutive penalties. Birmingham missed, then Bilal Butt missed for us and it was down to Birminghams last penalty! Bojan Jokic misses! Amazing way to reach the Final and totally unexpected!

League Cup Final: Blackburn 3 - 2 (AET) Chester
    We took Blackburn into extra time and for a moment I believed we could do this on penalties, but Mohamed Diame of Blackburn shattered the dreams of 1,000's of Chester fans... Many will look to blame Ciaran Wood for his red card in the 110th minute, but no matter what the result was going to be, I was extremely happy to be in the final!

FA Cup Action

3rd Round: Chester 4 - 1 Brentford
    I was never in doubt over this one and it was a brilliant victory.

4th Round: Arsenal 4 - 0 Chester
    We were brought back to reality as this game followed on from our amazing League Cup semi-final victory, with Arsenal dominating the entire match! I was a bit disappointed, especially with the progress we've made in this competition over the years, but to come up against a team like Arsenal so early on is just unlucky.

Chester

Finances: Ri was right, the money is brilliant in the Championship! Hopefully next season we can do better in the FA Cup and bring in extra money, whilst also bringing in more fans to our new stadium which will hopefully be built at the end of June!

Transfers: Proof of Zero Transfers this season!

Squad Stats: Our top players were without a doubt Reece Jeffries (Goalkeeper), Antoni Sarcevic (Centre Mid), Brett Smart (Attacking Right Mid), Kyle Pope (Attacking Lef Mid) and Christian Walsh (Striker) who was the best of the lot by far.

Youth Players & Special Youth Players

Gary Beckford YP01: He was the first to appear from the youth system and his career has been hampered by constant injuries. Luckily this season he was only sustaining smaller injuries and was able to contribute a bit more unlike that season when he broke his leg. It does seem however that his career is coming to an end in regards to Chester and he will probably move on sooner rather than later.

Manuele De Petrillo YP02: The first of the Sammarinese and it's just unfortunate that he just didn't have the potential to go much further. Last season he got lucky as Gary Beckford broke his foot and he had to step in and play more often, but this season was restricted to just 4 subsitute appearances... I am very suprised at his lack of involvment with San Marino, but if he moved on from Chester, I have a good feeling about him making it eventually.

Rod Delfouneso YP03: Has been disappointing this season which was a suprise following on from his best season so far in League 1. Has also handed in a transfer request and hasn't attempted to revoke it. With the lack of Central Midfielders, I doubt I will let him go despite his performances and he should be here next season.

Kyle Pope YP04: Pope has always been a squad player, but this season has come to the fore with some brilliant performances! He was one of our best players and deserved his time on the field. His pace on the ball is his main threat along with brilliant flair, the ability to fool the opposition. Has turned 20 and will hopefully become an England U21 after playing several times for the U19's. Currently worth £1.3mil!

Christian Walsh YP05: Chester's LEGEND! He has made history with the club and is regarded as the best player to walk into the club. He has scored an insane 138 goals in just 179 appearances! Last season in League 1 was definately his best, but considering the opposition this season, you could argue this was close! 44 goals in 53 appearances is fantastic and was by far the best player and deserves his new Legendary Status.

Ciaran Wood YP06: Another of the star performers this season, putting in several brilliant displays in defence and his stats just keep rising. According to the coaching staff he doesn't have much more potential which is unfortunate, but I think he will be key to getting us into the Premier League. Had a very slow start to his career, but has grown to become one of the best at the club over the past few seasons.

Eric Davidson YP07: One of the younger players and still has a lot of potential, so he can be forgiven for his poor performances this season and I'm sure he will improve in the coming season. He has a brilliant passing ability which is key to the team going forward. Hasn't played as many games as he probably would have liked, but made several substitute appearances.

Reece Jeffries YP08: The amazing Reece Jeffries, the Npower Championship's best goalkeeper according to the team of the year. If it wasn't for him, we would have struggled to survive this season. At just 18 years old, has already made 5 appearances for the England U21's and could possibly become number 1 for England some day if he lives up to his potential! Dubbed The Next Peter Shilton!

Salvatore Mirabelli YP09: The new kid on the block and our second ever Sammarinese player! He is a goalkeeper and has brilliant potential. Definately will be number 1 for San Marino in the near future and has already got brilliant stats. Unfortunately he has major competition with Reece Jeffries and will have to take his chances when they drop by!

Richie Lowe YP10: Hopefully the future partner of Ciaran Wood to replace the underperforming Bilal Butt who also plays right back and the ageing Ryan James who's performances have been nothing short of rubbish this season. His height, heading and jumping ability make him a massive presence at the back and has already made 9 appearances for the club!

Christian Nwachukwu YP11: Half English and half Nigerian, it has been said he could be THE NEXT ASHLEY COLE! His raw pace and acceleration make him a huge threat going forward, whilst also being able to track back fast. He also has a great heading ability which is a rare trate for a wing back and his Determination is second to none! Mick Reynalds has struggled to make a name for himself and Nwachukwu has a huge chance of putting massive pressure on Reynalds and could probably take his shirt!

Brett Smart SYP01: The first of the best to come through the youth ranks, touted to become a Premier League great, having bags of potential! He is constantly being tracked by the big teams and we have had to hold off a massive bid from Manchester United in January, having re-negotiated the transfer fee, with United pulling out at the last minute. He continues to grow at a fast pace and still has bags of potential in him!

Kyle Gay SYP02: TOUTED AS THE NEXT DAVID DUNN! Last years youth prospect has made huge strides this season in terms of development, but has struggled in his performances. He is still only 17 and has a couple more seasons before he could make an impact like Brett Smart, but his versatility is just amazing. He plays mainly in the centre of midfield, but has the ability to be a threat on both sides of the pitch as well! Definately a future great.

Lloyd McKearney SYP03: It was a tough decision, but I've decided that only one player can pick up the prestigious SYP tag each season and McKearney just about stole my attention from what has been an amazing intake this season. Has only played one game due to the amazing attacking ability we currently have at the club, but is set for plenty more action next season, even if it is substitute appearances. Scored 1 goal and 1 assist in 1 start and 1 subsitute appearance, with an average rating of 8.20 over the 2 games!

Banned

@Joel1031

Your new striker looks brilliant and i'm sure he will come big for your club in the coming seasons! Well done on achieving mid-table Good luck next season.

Banned

Just had an enquiry from Liverpool for Reece Jeffries... Told them I wanted £8mil and they withdrew

[EDIT]

Just had a bid of £9.75mil for Brett Smart from Manchester United. I made a counter offer, asking for £11mil and 10% of any sale there after. United withdrew thankfully, although I was thinking they'd go with that.
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 28-05-2012 at 23:28.

Amateur

He does look a class act I'd hold onto him for as long as possible

Banned

Chester Announce New Stadium Relocation: Finally after a year we have moved to our new stadium! We previously played at another teams stadium, paying £1 per year in rent, but now we own our own stadium!

Chester Facilities: Information on my new stadium, plus the rest of our facilities.

Part-Timer

Great season. Shame you didn't get a Champions League side in the cup final as you would of been in Europe then.

I will be joining you in the Championship after a play-off final penalties win. Four play-off finals, three penalty shoot-outs an we've finally won one.

I'll update in the morning.

Banned

Great season. Shame you didn't get a Champions League side in the cup final as you would of been in Europe then.

I will be joining you in the Championship after a play-off final penalties win. Four play-off finals, three penalty shoot-outs an we've finally won one.

I'll update in the morning.
    Congratulations The Championship is definately a very difficult league... You can beat Championship teams in the cup, but when you have to play them week in and week out, it becomes difficult. Best of luck

More news on the transfer front from with, with Sunderland bidding £11.25mil for Brett Smart, but the money wasn't up front, so I asked for more and they withdrew.

Part-Timer

Thats a lot of money but you can't spend it on players so you might aswell hold out as long as possible.

Amateur

@Joel1031

Your new striker looks brilliant and i'm sure he will come big for your club in the coming seasons! Well done on achieving mid-table Good luck next season.
    I sure hope so. I'll be honest that I'm a bit worried about the team in the next few seasons after this one. Most of the players will be aging out and whatnot and so I'll need a big contribution from my current youth, and they might not be up to snuff. With extended recruiting network though that might help for next March

Reserves

TM- well done on a great season mate! that update was brilliant as well. You were unlucky not to win any silverware but getting to the final and surviving relegation were great achievements.

Joel- Thats a solid start to the challenge joel.next season you can push for the playoffs

Semi Pro

is anyone playing The Sun Fantasy football game??

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 13 UPDATE - 2024/25

Season objectives - play-offs (achieved)

Achievements:

League One - 5th Beat Millwall on penalties in play-off final.
    FA Cup - 4th round
    League Cup - 3rd round
    JPT - quarter final

Another play-off final but this time we were victorious. The final was really edgy with neither side really creating much and when we came to penalties I was aware that we had lost two play-off penalty shoot-outs before and was nervous when we missed the first kick. We scored the remaining four and are now a Championship side. After 5 years of trying we have finally got new training facilities coming at a cost of £3.2m pound.

No transfers.

This years youth intake has one worth a mention. He is Billy Grant (YP13).

SEASON 14 EXPECTATIONS

My expectation - avoid relegation
    Board expectation - avoid relegation
    Media prediction - 24th

I am expecting a tough year but I do have players coming through that will finally improve the defence. If we can stay up this year we should be fine going forward. This years first team squad.

Amateur

Billy Grant looks great, just need to get him on some quickness training there and he'll be a good player for you.

TM Knocking back that money for your striker is a brave move, have you got him tied up on a long term deal? As someone else said, you can't re-invest the money so if you can keep him then do it, just make sure you don't lose him for nothing. Is that a San Marino flag next to your name? Is that why you've had a couple of that nationality through?

Youth Team

Okay, just about to start this. Just going to set it to holiday.....failure awaits.

I have chosen..............CHESTER! Founded in 2010 which is what made me choose them, new team using only youth products to rise to the top seemed quite fitting.
    Last edited by pnefc22; 29-05-2012 at 15:04.

Banned

I sure hope so. I'll be honest that I'm a bit worried about the team in the next few seasons after this one. Most of the players will be aging out and whatnot and so I'll need a big contribution from my current youth, and they might not be up to snuff. With extended recruiting network though that might help for next March
    Most of your youth players will generally have much better PA than the CA of your current players, so you should give your youth plenty of games even if they don't have a ton of potential.

TM- well done on a great season mate! that update was brilliant as well. You were unlucky not to win any silverware but getting to the final and surviving relegation were great achievements.
    Thanks, I never doubted i'd survive just because I knew we could beat Championship teams, but I had no clue where we would be in the table. I was gutted at losing in the final because it was a chance to get into Europe, but I can't complain too much because we were still in the final

SEASON 14 EXPECTATIONS

Media prediction - 24th

I am expecting a tough year but I do have players coming through that will finally improve the defence. If we can stay up this year we should be fine going forward. This years first team squad.
    Congratulations again on promotion and best of luck for the coming season, i'm sure you will avoid relegation!

Quote Originally Posted by aldojags View Post
    TM Knocking back that money for your striker is a brave move, have you got him tied up on a long term deal? As someone else said, you can't re-invest the money so if you can keep him then do it, just make sure you don't lose him for nothing. Is that a San Marino flag next to your name? Is that why you've had a couple of that nationality through?
    Definately need to keep hold of him because it would only weaken the team if we lost him, but I've got a price in mind incase someone bids that amount as I have Kyle Gay in the team now who can play his position. He's got 2 years left on his contract, but i'm expecting him to ask for a better deal because i'm currently paying him peanuts, but he hasn't been bothered at all which is strange for a footballer Yes i'm a Sammarinese Manager and i've just got my 2nd Sammarinese player through this season who looks to have some good potential and should become their number 1 keeper in a couple of years.

Reserves

Marty- Well done on the promotion mate

pnefc- Welcome to the challenge mate! good luck with chester.

aldojags- Nice to see different people posting in here. Do you think you will ever do the challenge after you complete the big euro nation one?

Amateur

I really fancy it ri196, I regularly check in and read this thread to see how your all doing, I definitely think if/when I complete Euro Nation I'd love to try something like this, bringing through youngsters is my favourite part of FM, does seem insanely difficult though! Climbing leagues is hard enough when you can sign people! Do you ever read the big euro nation thread? If you don't, you should check it out, as PRDH is employing a youth product only policy now with his club now he's completed the challenge, you should see some of the players he's brought through, it's amazing. He's posted an update on the current page of the thread, honestly mate you should have a look.

How long you been doing the challenge? Had many completions? Must have had some stunnings regens along the way!
    Last edited by aldojags; 29-05-2012 at 22:59.

Semi Pro

I really fancy it ri196, I regularly check in and read this thread to see how your all doing, I definitely think if/when I complete Euro Nation I'd love to try something like this, bringing through youngsters is my favourite part of FM, does seem insanely difficult though! Climbing leagues is hard enough when you can sign people! Do you ever read the big euro nation thread? If you don't, you should check it out, as PRDH is employing a youth product only policy now with his club now he's completed the challenge, you should see some of the players he's brought through, it's amazing. He's posted an update on the current page of the thread, honestly mate you should have a look.

How long you been doing the challenge? Had many completions? Must have had some stunnings regens along the way!
    its a lot harder than you think tbh ive completed this and the big euro nation small club game
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 30-05-2012 at 00:13.

Amateur

Chester 2013/14 (Season 2) Update

Goals
    1. Top Half Finish - Achieved
    2. Qualify for both cup competitions - Achieved
    3. Develop Youth - Achieved

Competitions

Blue Square Bet South
    Table - Past Positions

We started out brilliantly yet again. From August 31st until December 21st we were unbeaten in the league. We hit a rough patch after the New Year where we struggled to win but still maintained our place near the top. Luckily we made a charge in the last month and a half that saw us into the final playoff spot.

We went up against Nuneaton, the side we drew with on the final day of the season. After losing the opening leg 1-0 at home, we found ourselves down 1-0 on the road thanks for a penalty. The boys fought brilliantly to equalize 2-2 in the 85th minute, only to fall short in Extra Time after conceding in the 115th minute.

FA Cup

4th Qualifying Round: Chester 1-0 Southport
    We saw off BSP side Southport who never even got a shot on target.

First Round: Eastwood 2-4 Chester
    Greg Brierley had the first team debut players dream about, scoring a hat trick on the road to seal the victory.

Second Round: Preston 1-0 Chester
    League One side Preston saw us off with little difficulty. It didn't help that we had a man sent off in the 77th minute making a comeback virtually impossible.

FA Trophy

First Round: Chester 0-2 Stockport
    We lost to the BSP side but in truth deserved at least a draw. Their goals were a penalty in the 77th and a score in the 85th.

The Club

Facilities - We were given two upgrades in Junior Coaching and an increased Youth Network (gotten during the offseason as mentioned in my last update)

Transfers

Youth News

Darren Ryan found a place in the first team from the start of the season, while Brierly and Downing were called up midway through November due to some injuries and a change in formation. Some other young players found their way into the rotation due to some combination of injuries, poor form, or just to help prevent fatigue.

Youth Intake - Got two very solid top prospects and some decent depth behind them. Definitely needed the center back.

New Prospects

YP02a Richard Herbert - Will likely start in the first team next season, or if not will feature heavily as part of a rotation at RB. Will be focusing mostly on his pace and crossing/dribbling to start
    YP02b Sean Cassidy - Has good League Two potential. Right now with my three solid strikers I play with an IF at left wing, but as Rainford moves on and Cassidy improves that will certainly change. His speed will terrorize the U18s while is other abilities develop more fully.

Old Prospects

YP00 Darren Ryan - Had some nice gains during the season. Performed reasonably well for a guy with 7 Finishing and provided plenty of help for teammates in attacking positions.
    YP01a Greg Brierly - This kid is a real terror for opposing defenses. His debut perhaps gave unreasonable expectations for the rest of his performances but you'd be hard-pressed to find a better 17 year-old on a BSN first team.
    YP01b Ross Downing - I intially had some concerns but swapping to a formation with wingers improved my team overall while allowing Downing to start and shine on the first team.

2014/15 Goals
    1. Playoffs - Board is asking for playoffs but hopefully we can overachieve.
    2. FAC/FAT 2nd Round - Again a long shot given anything can happen on the draw.
    Last edited by joel1031; 30-05-2012 at 03:37.

Reserves

It's nice to hear that you have been reading this thread and I have been reading the big euro nation thread! Some of PDRH's young players are awesome as is Roger for you. The challenge thread started in March and so far only toonbalmy has completed it, but we have someone in the EPL and quite a few championship teams. As for me I have failed a bit so far as I got sacked after 5 seasons and couldnt get back into it. I'm now back in my 5th season with St albans but I havent got promoted yet.

good luck completing the challenge in france btw

Part-Timer

Good season Joel. It took me 6 seasons to reach the play-offs for the first time. I lost out aswell but you may be encouraged to know that the following season we won the league (and went on to two more consecutive promotions).

Getting two junior coaching upgrades in two seasons is great and I think you'll pleasantly surprised how well some of the youngsters turn out. Good luck next season.

I thought the championship was easy when we sat just outside the play-offs after about 15 games. Have lost 10 out of 12 now and we are dropping fast. Just as well we started with some early wins.

Amateur

It's nice to hear that you have been reading this thread and I have been reading the big euro nation thread! Some of PDRH's young players are awesome as is Roger for you. The challenge thread started in March and so far only toonbalmy has completed it, but we have someone in the EPL and quite a few championship teams. As for me I have failed a bit so far as I got sacked after 5 seasons and couldnt get back into it. I'm now back in my 5th season with St albans but I havent got promoted yet.

good luck completing the challenge in france btw
    Yeah I'm really lucky to have had Roger come through, hope I get the best out of him. That's excellent you've had someone complete it, like I said, it seems so difficult I'd be stuck in BSN for like 20 years! Good luck with St Albans I'll keep an eye on your progress

Amateur

Cambridge City - kino4

2013/14 End of Season Updates:

Transfers (Club)
    League Table (Competition) - Playoff Final (Winners)
    Squad (Club)
    Under 18s (Club)
    Profile (Manager)
    Information (Club)

Seasonal Review

I just don't know what happened? I had a great start to the season, goals coming from everywhere and I thought I was gonna win the league at one stage, but no sadly my youth striker lost his form and didn't score for 2 months!!! But still ended up being player of the season. It was nice to go up via the playoffs considering I had played and lost when I often deserved to win, I ended up dominating most games with a 5-4-1 Formation (away) and a 3-5-2 Formation (home). I just dominate the midfield and have pacey strikers...

Next Season Expectations

I am hoping to stay clear of relegation, I accept the fact that I got promoted luckily and therefore may come straight back down... I hope to get the facilities upgraded again whilst I'm in a higher division... I am also praying for the time when I become a Professional Club as I hate Part-Time Contracts!!!!!

Last edited by kino4; 30-05-2012 at 13:11.

Amateur

Congrats on the promotion, hopefully you'll have some momentum and get a good start to stay clear of relegation.

Amateur

Congrats on the promotion, hopefully you'll have some momentum and get a good start to stay clear of relegation.
    Cheers man, I've stayed up as well, just haven't been able to upload my screenshots to photobucket yet. It keeps messing up...

Youth Team

Congrats on the promotion and on staying up!

A mini update on my impression from my start of the season with Chester: Decent start, looks like we will be a mid-table team this season but no chance of the playoffs as we are really struggling for goals. The squad is very average with two or three good players and a lot of very poor ones. The stadium and fans are great, pulling in 2000+ crowds in the BSN. PS.....hoping for a good cup run.

Reserves

Kino- Well done on promotion mate

Amateur

After a one big preseason cup our board had the money to swing a youth facilities upgrade. It'll be done a little bit into next season (so like 14 months away).

Banned

Well done on promotion Kino

I've noticed in my save that our form in the first half of the season is very good, but in the second half it becomes rubbish... I need to find a way to combat this.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    Congrats on the promotion and on staying up!

A mini update on my impression from my start of the season with Chester: Decent start, looks like we will be a mid-table team this season but no chance of the playoffs as we are really struggling for goals. The squad is very average with two or three good players and a lot of very poor ones. The stadium and fans are great, pulling in 2000+ crowds in the BSN. PS.....hoping for a good cup run.
    Kino- Well done on promotion mate
    Well done on promotion Kino

I've noticed in my save that our form in the first half of the season is very good, but in the second half it becomes rubbish... I need to find a way to combat this.
    Cheers guys...Tactic Master - I'm the same in my seasons so far... I've tried different approaches to team meetings but even if I raise morale of all I just can't carry on the run on after xmas- starting to annoy me a bit now.

Amateur

FC United of Manchester - Season 1 - 2012/13

Took over United with board wanting us to stay up. We were never in danger of getting relegated and had an outside chance of reaching the play off's until day 35. We were consistently inconsistent winning three, losing three all season. In the end we settled for mid-table obscurity.

League Table

Transfers

Youth intake

Compared to my squad I guess it's a decent intake, but they won't be setting the world on fire...

The best of them is Louis Leigh (YP1)

We've had a junior coaching upgrade and are currently updating both training and youth facilities. This has left us strapped for cash though. Finances
    Since I'm Swedish the currency is SEK, divide by 11 and you'll get Sterling value ;)

Player of the year

Mike Norton who almost singlehandedly kept us afloat at times.

Youth player of the year

Well, no one really...

Cups
    FA Cup - Got trashed by BSP side Accrington 3-1 in the 4th qualifying round.
    FA Trophy - Lost 1-0 at home against BSP Southport. No tears left my eyes...

Next Season

Hoping to climb a few places in the league and sniff at the play off spot.
    Continue to improve the facilities
    Give youth a chance

Last edited by Pjotas; 30-05-2012 at 21:20.

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 14 UPDATE - 2025/26

Season objective - avoid relegation (achieved).

Achievements:

Championship - 10th
    FA Cup - 4th round
    League Cup - 2nd round

Apart from a dodgy spell around christmas we played very well and managed a top 10 finish. Considering our, at times, comical defending and one of the worst disciplinary records in the league this was amazing. We have a new stadium being built which will be ready in a year and will hold about 14,000.

No transfers.

This years youth intake was decent and has four tags but Solomon Izuchukwu (YP14a) stands out and has already featured in the first team. The others are Anthony Thornton (YP14b), James Gardener(YP14c) and Joe Morris (YP14d).

SEASON 15 OBJECTIVES

My expectation - mid-table
    Board expectation - mid-table
    Media prediction - 18th

Happy for mid-table as i'm releasing a few back-up/rotation players to make way for some of my youngsters. I don't expect to finish any higher than last years 10th as this league is tough and teams won't be as quick to underestimate this time round.

Does anyone know how big a 14,000 seat stadium could eventually be expanded to?

Reserves

Pjotas- Welcome to the challenge mate! great season there and maybe you could have a sniff of the playoffs next season

Marty- Great effort to reach 10th place Marty. As for your question, I would guess you could expand it to about 40k . But it is all down to luck and planning permission.

Amateur

Izuchukwu looks the part marty, I'm not surprised you've already included him.

Banned

@pjotas, well done on survival and as you said, it was never a fear (relegation). Play a handfull of your intake in the coming season and you will become stronger thereafter

@Marty78, brilliant first season in the Championship! I only wish we had done so well, but I will have to wait Solomon looks a cracking player and would make it into my team any day! I'm unsure on the stadium expansion, but you will definately need it as I'm filling mine nearly already and we've jumped from 6,000 to 15,550. It seems the fans love us

Part-Timer

Izuchukwu looks the part marty, I'm not surprised you've already included him.
    @pjotas, well done on survival and as you said, it was never a fear (relegation). Play a handfull of your intake in the coming season and you will become stronger thereafter

@Marty78, brilliant first season in the Championship! I only wish we had done so well, but I will have to wait Solomon looks a cracking player and would make it into my team any day! I'm unsure on the stadium expansion, but you will definately need it as I'm filling mine nearly already and we've jumped from 6,000 to 15,550. It seems the fans love us
    I'm delighted with Solomon and he starts the new season as a first team member. I have also promoted a few others. This year is about as much first team appearances for as many youngsters as possible. I'm filling a 6,200 stadium owned by AFC Wimbledon at the minute.

Amateur

I was hoping to get an update posted today but hit a major setback. I started the season 11-0-2 and was going up against the 4th place side away. I thrashed them 4-1, and then my computer crashed. I've been trying for the last hour+ to try and get that win back (don't even care about the 4-1) and FM12 just keeps handing me losses.

I demand my win!

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester

2017/18 Season Review

Competitions

League Table - Past Positions
    Absolutely amazing, just amazing. We camped inside the top 3 for the whole season and spent the second half constantly about 8 points behind Darlington at the top. However, this run of form saw us claw back the difference and we went into the final day only 1 point behind Darlington. We did what we needed to do and picked up 3 points, although it looked like we would still miss out on top spot as after 90 minutes Darlington were 2-1 up against Dover, but then in the 92nd minute Dover brought the score back to 2-2 which moved us up to top spot and into League 2.

FA Cup - FA Trophy
    Same as last year really, didn't get anywhere in the FA Cup and lost as soon as we came up against a League 2 side, and we went out far too softly in the FA Trophy although the 7-0 demolition of Hyde was a nice morale boost.

Players

Squad

(YP1a) Tony Webb
    Code:
    Season	Apps	Gls	Ast	MoM	Avg
    --------------------------------------------
    2012/13	  8 	 2 	 1 	 0 	6.93
    2013/14	  31(3)	 14	 10	 4	7.14
    2014/15   39(2)	 22	 26	 12	7.41
    2015/16   50(1)	 21	 23	 8	7.29
    2016/17	  50	 20	 41	 10	7.51
    2017/18   52	 15	 39	 8	7.42
    (YP1b) Wayne Meredith
    Code:
    2012/13	  0 	 0 	 0 	 0 	N/A
    2013/14	  11(16) 0	 1	 2	6.77
    2014/15   18(20) 3	 0	 1	6.73
    2015/16   12(18) 3	 0	 2	6.70
    2016/17	  0(4)	 0	 0	 0	6.30
    2017/18	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP1c) Jeff Stephens
    Code:
    2012/13  4(2)	 0 	 1 	 0 	6.84
    2013/14  11(19)	 7	 1	 2	6.78
    2014/15  3(29)	 5	 1	 0	6.82
    2015/16	 0(21)	 1	 4	 0	6.61
    2016/17	 15(6)	 1	 0	 1	6.61
    2017/18	 6(16)	 2	 2	 0	6.86
    (YP2a) Martin Houghton
    Code:
    Season	Apps	Conc	Cln	MoM	Avg
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2014/15	  12	 11	 5	 0	6.78
    2015/16	  7	 11	 0	 0	6.86
    2016/17	  29	 53	 3	 0	6.70
    2017/18	  18	 15	 9	 0	6.89
    (YP2b) Danny Robinson
    Code:
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2014/15	  46	 6	 2	 5	7.14
    2015/16	  26	 2	 1	 1	7.19
    2016/17	  51	 14	 4	 4	7.08
    2017/18	  50	 12	 1	 7	7.25
    (YP2c) Phillip Charnley
    Code:
    2013/14  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2014/15  43(6)	 19	 11	 4	7.10
    2015/16	 51	 36	 5	 6	7.24
    2016/17  39	 33	 7	 8	7.33
    2017/18	 52	 33	 10	 9	7.24
    (YP3a) Paul Holmes
    Code:
    2014/15	 0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2015/16	 2(4)	 0	 0	 0	6.63
    2016/17	 5(19)	 0	 1	 0	6.54
    2017/18	 7(21)	 0	 0	 0	6.69
    (YP3b) Rob Evans
    Code:
    Season	Apps	Conc	Cln	MoM	Avg
    2014/15	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2015/16	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2016/17	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2017/18	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP3c) David Hallworth
    Code:
    2014/15	 0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2015/16	 39(3)	 1	 3	 0	6.70
    2016/17	 45	 1	 7	 0	6.78
    2017/18	 51	 4	 7	 0	6.92
    (YP4a) Eddie Lomax
    Code:
    2015/16  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2016/17	 42(4)	 9	 4	 2	6.95
    2017/18	 40(1)	 6	 7	 2	6.94
    (YP4b) Peter Adams
    Code:
    2015/16  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2016/17	 2(5)	 0	 1	 0	6.36
    2017/18	 3(1)	 1	 3	 0	7.18
    (YP4c) Roger Hurlock
    Code:
    2015/16  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2016/17	 33(10)	 6	 10	 3	6.87
    2017/18	 27(21)	 9	 4	 3	6.96
    (YP5a) Alvin Westhead
    Code:
    2016/17	 0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2017/18	 4(11)	 0	 1	 0	6.83
    (YP5b) Sam Waters
    Code:
    2016/17	 0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2017/18	 19(6)	 1	 1	 1	6.83
    (YP5c) David Woodward
    Code:
    2016/17	 0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2017/18	 1(4)	 0	 0	 0	6.60
    (YP6a) Julian Hadley
    Code:
    2017/18	 0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP6b) Alun Hall
    Code:
    2017/18	 0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP6c) Gruff Morgan
    Code:
    2017/18	 0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    Yet again the obvious stars are Webb and Charnley, neither of whom performed quite as well as last season but who still tore up the league, with well over half of our clubs goals and assists coming from this pair, they are a class act and hopefully can help secure our safety in League 2. Robinson too is making big strides and showed a huge improvement this year and really helped tighten up our defence.

Elsewhere, Lomax, Hallworth, Hurlock and Houghton continued to play on a regular basis and while none of them were exceptional, they were all solid and helped form the backbone of our side, although the first 3 struggled to make an impact due to the dominance of Webb & Charnley.

From last years intake the only one to get any real chances was Waters and he did OK, nothing spectacular but he did spend most of the year playing completely out of position at both left & right back, and when he was used properly as a hard tackling DM he looked very impressive, next year he should get more chances in his natural position and hopefully he can develop well as a result.

As for who will be leaving us from our intake, thanks to our promotion every player has been saved. I have taken the decision to offer each and every one of them a full-time contract to give them one final chance at kick starting their development, however Meredith, Stephens, Holmes and Adams have only been given 1 year extensions and if they don't show some real improvement then they will be out the door at the end of the season.

Awards

Player of the Season - Webb
    Top Goalscorer - Charnley - 2nd place
    Goal of the Season - Lomax - Fittingly, the winning goal was his strike in our final game that gave us the 3 points we needed to secure automatic promotion.

Summary

So, 3 years in the Blue Square North before promotion, 3 years in the BSP before promotion, I'm spotting a pattern here! After last years mid table mediocrity I knew we had to focus on tightening up our defence, I knew that Webb & Charnley could keep banging in the goals so didn't have to worry about that, and with that freedom to work I think that we did a good job, instead of having the worst defence like the season before we were 10th best this year, with 32 less goals conceded. So, a good year all round.

Other News
    • The board has announced over the summer break that the club is to turn Professional in time for the new season.
    • Our stadium is being further developed to give us another 3,500 seats, taking it up to a capacity of 4,741 seated fans and 2,361 standing.

Club History

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Season	League	POS	PTS	FA Cup	League Cup	Other
    2012/13	BSN	13th	57	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd
    2013/14	BSN	5th	71	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd, Playoff Semi-Finals
    2014/15	BSN	3rd	72	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 2nd Rnd, Promoted Via Playoffs
    2015/16	BSP	15th	62	2nd	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd
    2016/17	BSP	10th	69	1st	N/A		FA Trophy 4th Rnd
    2017/18	BSP	1st	97	2nd	N/A		FA Trophy 4th Rnd

Semi Pro

Redditch United - Season 1 - 2012/13

A great season really spending most of our time up in the top 6/7 surprised everyone at the club, including me. We made it into the playoffs beating Guiseley 2-0 on Agg. (1-0 both games) before facing Nuneaton in the final which we lost 1-0.

Final BSN Table.

Youth Candidates;

Youth Squad.

Garry Pejic Profile|Report
    Dave McInnes Profile|Report

The Cups;

FA Cup 2nd Qual. rd Lost 3-2 to Hednesford.
    FA Trophy 1st Rd Lost 2-0 to Blyth.

Records Broken: Youngest Ever Player!

Squad|Finances|Look no Transfers

What sort of season report would it be without a mention for the Fans Player of the Season.

Aims for Next Season:
    #1: Get playing time for as many youngsters with more than 3* potential as i can.
    #2: Playoffs Again.
    #3: Get Finances in the Black.

Semi Pro

Great report there Mack4life and congrats on the promotion.

Banned

Congratulations Mack4life on promotion to League 2 Big achievement and i'm sure you'll make your way into League 1 in no time!

Unlucky Brettney, you were so close

Semi Pro

I've broken Redditch United I started season 2 last night and after 8 games was 6th but ... Then i got hammered 5-0 and now we've gone on a 6 game losing streak i pulled a win back and now we've lossed 2 more after a meeting that i killed everyones morale. If i survive relagation this year i'll be happy at this rate.

Part-Timer

Just noticed one thing that made me smile:

In my 6 years in charge we have improved our league position every single season. I don't think I've ever had a game like this before!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by brettney1980 View Post
    I've broken Redditch United I started season 2 last night and after 8 games was 6th but ... Then i got hammered 5-0 and now we've gone on a 6 game losing streak i pulled a win back and now we've lossed 2 more after a meeting that i killed everyones morale. If i survive relagation this year i'll be happy at this rate.
    It'll turn itself around, of my 6 seasons I think 5 of them have just been comprised of a great run of form followed by a terrible one, followed by a great one, and so on!

In my 2nd season in the BSP we went from 3rd to 18th to 3rd and then finished the season in 10th. Eventually you'll find some form to keep yourself in the league.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mack4life View Post
    It'll turn itself around, of my 6 seasons I think 5 of them have just been comprised of a great run of form followed by a terrible one, followed by a great one, and so on!

In my 2nd season in the BSP we went from 3rd to 18th to 3rd and then finished the season in 10th. Eventually you'll find some form to keep yourself in the league.
    The meeting killed me, i've always hated those cant believe i was foolish enough to listen to my Ass Man and call one. Gutted now .. Add in 2 more losses ... Should probably step away from the game for abit.

EDIT: After 22 games we are 20th i think i'll step away until tonight after i've been to work.
    Last edited by brettney1980; 31-05-2012 at 13:38.

Amateur

I've rarely had a team meeting that has improved things. And the whole process is agonisingly slow, on my computer anyways.

Semi Pro

I've rarely had a team meeting that has improved things. And the whole process is agonisingly slow, on my computer anyways.
    I dont think i ever had thats why im annoyed that i had one ... I've got an hour before i have to go to work so i'm going to be brave and try another couple of games ... I have to be able to turn things around 2nd half of the season right!?

Reserves

Its a known bug I think, been like that since the last patch.

Brettney- Great first season, you were unlucky to miss out on promotion.

Mack4life- Well done on the Promotion mate! fantastic stuff.

Youth Team

Chester

2012/13 Season Review

Competitions

BSN - A really poor start to the season led me fighting for my job as we were on 40% job security with my tight wage control keeping me in a job but we picked up and rallied which resulted in a decent unbeaten run which left us with an outside shot at the playoffs. When this form dwindled, I knew that I had no chance of promotion and no chance of relegation so played the youth players for the last 5-8 games which dropped us to the bottom of the middle pack and a 16th place finish. A real lack of goals is to note and a very poor goal difference.
    FA Cup - Own goals and a tough Mickleover side which played us off the park led to us going out in the 4th qualifying round.
    FA Trophy - Another 2 own goals led to a 4-1 thrashing by Marine in the 2nd Round.

League Table Link
    Transfers Proof - A lot of players left who were surplus to requirements including some that I would have liked to have kept but could not afford their wages.

Players

IGNORE THE STATS FOR THIS SEASON.....forgot to screenshot at the end of last season and want you to see attributes, not stats.

Nsaku - Nsaku is an U19 French European Championship runner up who was in the starting squad. He is a top player for the BSN.
    Mcginn - A set piece specialist but a pretty average left back.
    Rainford - He should be a top striker in this division with 10+ in most striking areas but he had a very average season. Still managed to be club top scorer with 15 goals overall.

Summary

A decent first season in the Blue Square North as at one point, I thought we were going to rise through and clinch the playoffs but we just couldn't maintain the mid-season form. The youth players got a lot of experience and we have a decent team to try again next season.

Other News
    • Board agreed to an increase in the youth recruitment network (now basic)
    • Board agreed to an increase in the junior coaching spending (now adequate)

Club History

Code:
    Season	League	POS	PTS	FA Cup	League Cup	Other
    2012/13	BSN	16th	49	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 2nd Rnd
    Youth player update soon. Will just be another mini update like this one as in the early seasons, there isn't much to say

Amateur

FC United 2018/19 (Season 7)

Successful campaign, third promotion in 4 years. Exciting season, finished at 5th place. Injury crisis in January-February meant that we had no chance for automatic promotion but managed to stay in top 7. After beating Torquay we thrashed Crewe 3-0 in FC United's first ever visit to Wembley.
    No transfers of course. Board decided to build a new stadium what is going to be smaller than the current one - I hope they can expand it later.
    This year's youth intake should have been better, but Max Greenwood is a first team regular already as we needed a decent left-back.
    Our star player was Shane Taylor again, chosen as League 2 Player of the year. His value is 1.2 million pounds, capped 15 times for Wales, has continental reputation. He is loyal and his favourite club is FC United but wants to move to a bigger club and wants 9000 quid per week. I am not sure if we can keep him for another season.

Amateur

Congrats strigo. Taylor looks solid, could play championship at the least I think. Keep him another season then sell him? Put a big 50% next transfer fee clause in. But he looks a solid player well done on developing him.

Amateur

Chester 2014/15 (Season 3) Update

Goals
    1. Make Playoffs - Achieved
    2. 2nd Round in Cups - Failed

Competitions

Blue Square Bet South
    Table - Past Positions

We got off to an absolutely flying start. After 14 games we had 12 wins with 2 draws. Brierley got injured in late October for a couple months so our form dipped dangerously for a while. We were able to turn it around near the end of the season, beating 2 of the other playoff teams at home and losing a close game to Corby as well. We had quite a few own goals that gave us harsh draws/losses throughout the season, oddly enough our PotY candidate Karl Keogh committed a number of them.

Promotion Semi-Finals: Chester 4-0 Tamworth
    We won the home leg with a solo strike by Brierley, who then turned around and scored a hat trick in the away fixture. Our defense was superb, no own goals in either game was a pleasant surprise.

Promotion Final: Chester 4-1 Darlington
    A complete team effort, along with a Brierley double, assured us promotion.

FA Cup

First Round: Stockport 3-2 Chester
    The same team that knocked us out of the FA Trophy last year saw us out of the FA Cup this time around. We gifted them an own goal, otherwise might've been able to take it in the home leg. I don't feel as bad because Stockport made the playoffs in BSP.

FA Trophy

First Round: Wrexham 0-1 Chester
    Another away draw to a BSP side ruined our chances of progressing. They scored in the 87th minute to steal the draw from us.

The Club

Facilities - We were given a Youth Facilities update during the preseason but the work won't be complete until this October. Couldn't get Junior Coaching or the Recruitment Network up any further this year.

Transfers

Youth News

Youth Intake - Another year, another YP at Striker. Couldn't keep the tag from him because he is just too special. Gave the other tag to the MC, but rounded out nicely with prospects in other positions.

New Prospects

YP03a Liam Russell - Good League Two potential. Will definitely be part of a striker rotation next season since we like to play with an Inside Forward, a Treq, and a Poacher.
    YP03b Dean Barnard - Will most likely get promoted sometime around the new year. We are always running light on bodies in the midfield and if he can rapidly develop in the U18s in a few areas there's no reason he can't hang with the first team.

Old Prospects

YP00 Darren Ryan - Played more of a support role than main man but performed admirably and opened up lots of opportunities for his teammates.
    YP01a Greg Brierly - 18 years old and already one of the best strikers in the BSN. Even though he missed two months with an injury he still grew immensely and punished defenses.
    YP01b Ross Downing - Tortured opposing fullbacks but left a bit to be desired in terms of finishing, which is his next big training step.
    YP02a Richard Herbert - Played some as the season wore on but never really factored into the first team. Baynes stayed healthy and in form, keeping the youngster off the pitch.
    YP02b Sean Cassidy - Played well in the youth squad but likely won't see a call-up next season. He still needs to grow in a few areas before getting first-team minutes.

2015/16 Goals
    1. Avoid Relegation - Obvious but it's our first time in a new division.
    2. FAC/FAT 2nd Round - Probably get drawn against stronger sides but we can make them pay.

Banned

Well done Joel on promotion and your youth prospects look amazing! If you can develop them in the coming season you should have no problems reaching the next league up!

Part-Timer

Just had my first ever win over a much bigger club:

Middlesbrough are a mid-table Championship side at the moment and were playing almost a full strength side in this game. God only knows how we walked away with the win after giving up 10 clear cut chances though!

Banned

I have to say thats a job well done Mack4life

Part-Timer

Also, further proof that Charnley is god, 4 shots, 3 on target, 3 goals!

Amateur

Hahaha that's classic, they have 10 clear cut chances, score 3 goals, you have 1 clear cut chance, score 4! Superb mate well in, hope you get a giant in the next round, raise some cash.

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 15 UPDATE - 2026/27

Season objective - mid-table (achieved)

Achievements:

Championship - 4th Promoted via play-offs
    FA Cup - 4th round
    League Cup - 3rd round

A superb finish to season saw us storm into the play-offs and we were very much the form team going into the semi's. We were drawn against Reading and won the away leg 4-0 to put one foot in the final. We put in a professional performance in the return leg and won 2-1 meaning a 6-1 aggregate score as we eased into the final.

Remembering how good Burnley were in our previous meetings I expected a tight final. I was a bit dazed when we dominated the first half and took a 3-0 lead but I presumed Burnley would come at us in the second half and they did not disappoint. We struggled to get out of our own half and when they pulled one back I decided to try and shut up shop completely. It seemed to be working until the 85th minute when they pulled it back to 3-2. I feared the worst as Burnley continued to press forward until, in the 93rd minute, when we won a free-kick which caused an own goal. Final Score Kingstonian 4 Burnley 2. Premier league here we come.

At the end of the season I was offered the Liverpool and England under 21's jobs.

No transfers.

Forgot a screenie for the youth intake but two have tags and they are Aaron Brownhill (YP15a) and Micah Timmins (YP15b).

SEASON 16 OBJECTIVES

media prediction - 20th

Really excited to be starting the new season in the Premier League in our new stadium. Lets hope we can stay up. Last years youth tag Solomon Izuchukwu started all but two league games in the end and is tipped as a potential leading premier league player by my coaches. He is much improved in just one year and has 6 England under 21's caps.

I am going to earn a fortune this year as we are only spending about £80,000 a week on wages.

Reserves

Holy S**t! just been cruising along all season, not threatening the playoffs but I was always looking up and I've now just looked down. And we're only 6 points above the relegation zone! 6 games left and I need some serious performances to get us over the line.

Semi Pro

Nice one on a first season survival pnefc22. Congrats Strigo hope you can keep onto Taylor looks great.
    Comnrats on the promotion joel1031, some nice youngsters coming through Russell especially.
    marty78 well done on making the prem seems unbelievable from where i'm sitting but awesome work mate.

Reserves

Marty- Unbelievable effort getting to the EPL. It still feels like the days when you were struggling in the BSS!

Semi Pro

Redditch United - Season 2 - 2013/14

Youth Candidates;

Justin Boswell Profile|Report
    Phil Saunders Profile|Report

Current Table

So relegation is still a huge possability but i'm hoping to instill confidence by posting my Youth Prospects ....

Reserves

Brettney- It isnt looking good, but I'm sure you can turn it around

avoided relegation

Semi Pro

Thanks for the vote of confidence ri916 but just about to play the last game of the season and even if we win we need other results to go our way to survive ....

EDIT: Lost 2-0 to Histon and down we go.
    Last edited by brettney1980; 01-06-2012 at 22:01.

Banned

Thanks for the vote of confidence ri916 but just about to play the last game of the season and even if we win we need other results to go our way to survive ....

EDIT: Lost 2-0 to Histon and down we go.
    Unlucky mate. You can pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go straight back up with automatic promotion! Think of it this way, the next time you step into that league, your youngsters will have an extra years experience under their belt!

Semi Pro

Unlucky mate. You can pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go straight back up with automatic promotion! Think of it this way, the next time you step into that league, your youngsters will have an extra years experience under their belt!
    Thanks but .. It's the Blue Square North so out of the leagues i go. I'm holidaying now, going to start again right away (a different team this time, i think).

Amateur

well done marty is that solomon guy who scored in the final the one you tagged recently? The 16 yr old midfielder? If

Part-Timer

Thanks but .. It's the Blue Square North so out of the leagues i go. I'm holidaying now, going to start again right away (a different team this time, i think).
    Good luck. The early years are very tough and the hardest part of the challenge for me so far was getting the first promotion. 7 frustrating seasons it took me.

Semi Pro

Good luck. The early years are very tough and the hardest part of the challenge for me so far was getting the first promotion. 7 frustrating seasons it took me.
    Yeah lets see if i can last in the job more than 2 seasons this time out ... Now who to pick ...

Brettney Joven

Northwich Victoria

Northwich Victoria Football Club is an English football club based in Wincham, Northwich, Cheshire. The club participates in the Northern Premier League Division One North, the eighth tier of the English football league system, having been demoted from the Premier Division at the end of the 2011-2012 season—despite finishing second—for a breach of league rules regarding financial matters.

The club was founded in 1874 and named in honour of the reigning monarch at the time Queen Victoria, and are one of the top 100 oldest football clubs in the world, and one of the top 50 in England, still in existence. Northwich have a long history, being founder members of several leagues including the Football League Second Division.

They played at the same Drill Field ground for over 125 years, which at the time was believed to be the oldest ground in the world on which football had been continuously played, however after a ground sharing period with their local rivals, Witton Albion, they started the 2005–06 season in their new stadium, the Victoria Stadium in Wincham, just outside Northwich and across the Trent & Mersey Canal, which separates them from their rivals.

So yeah i picked them because they are one of the oldest teams in the world.
    Last edited by brettney1980; 01-06-2012 at 23:19.

Part-Timer

well done marty is that solomon guy who scored in the final the one you tagged recently? The 16 yr old midfielder? If
    Yes thats the one. I think I've got a real gem on my hands. He started the season because of injuries and kept his spot all season. He has 10 England under 21 caps with two goals. He has also started all 9 Premier League matches so far. Here he is 18 months after being generated and a week before turning 18 and he is the only player rated as a potential leading Premier League player in my squad. Both Chelsea and Man Utd have shown interest but a high asking price has stopped any bids.

Banned

My apologies, I thought you'd been promoted previously

Semi Pro

My apologies, I thought you'd been promoted previously
    No worries, was close lost in the playoffs final first season ... Relegated second pretty poor really. Oh well up the 'Trickies'

Reserves

Default St Albans Season 5- 2016/17

Targets for this season:

-
    Getting into the playoffs NO again….

- Improving junior coaching + something else. Yes- Junior Coaching Improved and youth and training upgrades planned.

Finances-
    Comfortable.1.5 million in the bank.

Facilities
    - We managed to improve junior coaching again to excellent and there are plans for youth and training facility upgrades.

League Table
    - Shocking. 16
    th place just isn’t good enough after 5 seasons. It was just another tale of inconsistency.

Squad
    – Bakare got 18 goals this season. Harris didn’t play many games and heaton just hasn’t improved. Samuel Bah YP06 is quality and has improved well. My best player at only 17. He has 13 tackling and marking.

Tagged Prospects

Another decent year with 1 very good prospect coming through

Adam Howe YP07-
    A target man Striker but a striker all the same! He has leading BSP potential.

Transfers- I’m clean!

YP Watch

Ollie Clunan YP01- Hasn’t played at all and has declined. Not really worth updating to be honest.

Luke Phillips YP02
    -Still a useful player but he hasn’t improved much.

Bradie Andrew YP03-
    A good season for Andrew where he played nearly all our league games.

Joe Ballard YP04-
    A solid year of development

Gary Wright YP05-
    A top player who has improved loads.

Samuel Bah YP06-
    Has turned into our best player and has had immense progression.

Targets for next season

- Getting into the playoffs
    - Improving junior coaching + something else.

Code:
      Season       League           Position            Achievements                 Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
     -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                        
      2012/13       BSS               16th               Staying up                    Sakho Bakare (12)           Paul Heaton    
      2013/14       BSS               12th               Improving                      Paul Heaton (15)           Sean Shields
      2014/15       BSS               14th                 None                         Paul Heaton (11)         Anton Blackwood
      2015/16       BSS               16th                 None                         Joff Harris (17)         Anton Blackwood
      2016/17       BSS               16th                 None                        Sakho Bakare (18)           Sakho Bakare

Semi Pro

Another steady season ri196 Excellent Junior Coaching and good youth prospects you'll shoot up the league when everything clicks. Good luck this season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast