+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 2,000 of 2422

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by stothy View Post
    My Ass man actually said he only had 3 star potential in BSN! So that's why I never used him :P But still banging them in in the Championship! Neil Ward more so, but Navarro is still going! Navarro is just like Gomez, Physical but not technically gifted!
    I'm finding the same. My players just keep improving and were challenging for a third straight promotion. Half way through the season and were right in the mix.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by marty78 View Post
    I'm finding the same. My players just keep improving and were challenging for a third straight promotion. Half way through the season and were right in the mix.
    After 12 games I am 1st place, pushing for 3rd straight promotion to Prem!

Part-Timer

After 12 games I am 1st place, pushing for 3rd straight promotion to Prem!
    Thats very good. Championship from league one is a much bigger step than the other lower ones.

Just got Chelsea away in FA Cup 4th round. Gotta be worth some money.

Reserves

For the first time in a while I have a dilemma on which players I should tag from my intake. The problem is a good one, as I have had about 5 or 6 players that have equal or better potential to my current tagged players. Not really sure who to tag. Will probably pick two who fit into my formation.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    For the first time in a while I have a dilemma on which players I should tag from my intake. The problem is a good one, as I have had about 5 or 6 players that have equal or better potential to my current tagged players. Not really sure who to tag. Will probably pick two who fit into my formation.
    I ended up just tagging them all!

Amateur

Guys,

So I failed miserably yet again with North Ferriby

So I retired and have taken over Horsham

Is this okay to do?

They haven't played in the BSS before this season

Amateur

As you can tell, I love a challenge

Facilities

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    As you can tell, I love a challenge

Facilities
    Your saddistic. Minimal everything

Most goals in game so far. Chelsea vs Kingstonian FA Cup 4th round. At least we got a couple of goals. Got a few missing through injury aswell.

Amateur

Thats very good. Championship from league one is a much bigger step than the other lower ones.

Just got Chelsea away in FA Cup 4th round. Gotta be worth some money.
    Missed this! Yes I was surprised too, dropped off a little now but still playoffs was 100x better than I hoped!

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester

2015/16 Youth Intake

Eddie Lomax (YP4a)

Peter Adams (YP4b)

Roger Hurlock (YP4c)

So, once again I got 3 attacking players with 5 star potential, but I was really praying for some good defenders this year as we are very strong upfront but far too weak at the back. Unfortunately it looks like our defence will remain weak for another year until we get some more defenders through our youth system.

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester

2015/16 Season Review

Competitions

League Table - Past Positions
    So, all I wanted was to avoid relegation and in the end we did so comfortably. Pleasingly we remained clear of the relegation zone for the whole season and for the first half looked like we could end up in the top half, although a major slump after Christmas ensured that we were restricted to the lower half of the table, although hopefully we can push on from here next year and stay in the top half.
    The league table does show the kind of problems we had though. We had the 2nd best attack in the league, one of only two teams to score more than 80 goals, however we also had the worst defence in the league and were one of only two teams to concede more than 80 goals! I don't think I have ever seen a team score 80 and still have a negative goal difference before!

FA Cup - FA Trophy
    So, a poor effort in the FA Trophy but a great one in the FA Cup. Holding League 1 Brentford to a home draw was very satisfying and although we did get thumped in the away leg we put in a respectable performance and brought in some decent cash so it wasn't all bad.

Players

Squad

(YP1a) Tony Webb
    Code:
    Season	Apps	Gls	Ast	MoM	Avg
    --------------------------------------------
    2012/13	  8 	 2 	 1 	 0 	6.93
    2013/14	31(3)	 14	 10	 4	7.14
    2014/15 39(2)	 22	 26	 12	7.41
    2015/16 50(1)	 21	 23	 8	7.29
    (YP1b) Wayne Meredith
    Code:
    2012/13	  0 	 0 	 0 	 0 	N/A
    2013/14	11(16)	 0	 1	 2	6.77
    2014/15 18(20)	 3	 0	 1	6.73
    2015/16 12(18)	 3	 0	 2	6.70
    (YP1c) Jeff Stephens
    Code:
    2012/13	4(2)	 0 	 1 	 0 	6.84
    2013/14 11(19)	 7	 1	 2	6.78
    2014/15 3(29)	 5	 1	 0	6.82
    2015/16	0(21)	 1	 4	 0	6.61
    (YP2a) Martin Houghton
    Code:
    Season	Apps	Conc	Cln	MoM	Avg
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2014/15	  12	 11	 5	 0	6.78
    2015/16	  7	 11	 0	 0	6.86
    (YP2b) Danny Robinson
    Code:
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2014/15	  46	 6	 2	 5	7.14
    2015/16	  26	 2	 1	 1	7.19
    (YP2c) Phillip Charnley
    Code:
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2014/15	43(6)	 19	 11	 4	7.10
    2015/16	 51	 36	 5	 6	7.24
    (YP3a) Paul Holmes
    Code:
    2014/15	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2015/16	 2(4)	 0	 0	 0	6.63
    (YP3b) Rob Evans
    Code:
    2014/15	  0	  0	 0	 0	N/A
    2015/16	  0	  0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP3c) David Hallworth
    Code:
    2014/15	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2015/16	39(3)	 1	 3	 0	6.70
    (YP4a) Eddie Lomax
    Code:
    2015/16   0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP4b) Peter Adams
    Code:
    2015/16   0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP4c) Roger Hurlock
    Code:
    2015/16   0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    Well, I think it is obvious who the standout stars here have been. Webb had another fantastic season, not quite as many goals or assists as last year but given the higher standard of defenders I think that he has been even more impressive. Then we have Danny Robinson, unfortunately he spent quite a lot of the season out on loan (I let my assistant take charge for a week and he loaned him out!) but when he was here he performed brilliantly, our best defender by a country mile. The real star of the show however has to be Charnley, only 17 years of age and yet he has the maturity to be the spearhead of a single striker tactic and score 32 goals to end the season as the leagues highest scorer, as well as starting every single one of our games this season.
    From the rest it is a bit of a mixed bunch with the only player to regularly start being David Hallworth, although he struggled and was frequently outclassed in the middle of the pitch and so wasn't able to do much, although hopefully he will improve for next season.

Summary

Well I can't say I'm too upset. We kept away from the bottom four to ensure our safety and we have shown that we can score goals at will with the trio of Charnley, Webb & Roca tearing defences apart. Unfortunately though our formidable attack was let down time and time again by our defensive frailty, we conceded far too many soft goals, threw away too many games from winning positions, and generally looked far too weak. So, plenty to work on for next season then but hopefully we can take another step in the right direction.

Club History

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Season	League	POS	PTS	FA Cup	League Cup	Other
    2012/13	BSN	13th	57	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd
    2013/14	BSN	5th	71	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd, Playoff Semi-Finals
    2014/15	BSN	3rd	72	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 2nd Rnd, Promoted Via Playoffs
    2015/16	BSP	15th	62	2nd	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd

Banned

@ Mack4life, A good season in the BSP and something to build on for next season Nice decent run in the FA Cup aswell and unlucky not to go further. Keep up the good work!

Amateur

Quite an interesting challenge. It's refreshing to see attempts to get to the top without people hooking the best regens from the world, left right and centre as the seasons go by, unlike another challenge.

The last version I played was FM10 so I have a question. In your opinions, has the regen production and quality (for the average player, not the creme de la creme) vastly improved over the last two versions to make this challenge easier/more reasonable to achieve?

Amateur

Ri can you update me on the leader board please mate?

Youth Team

Cambridge City 2012/2013

League- 16th

Table
    Graph

We had a decent season in the league, none of our squad were of ‘good’ BSS quality but we managed to keep a tight defence bar 3 or 4 big defeats. This helped us keep goal difference low and morale high enough to be competitive. We had a bit of a late season slump which saw us drop down slightly but in the end we were comfortably safe.

Cups

Fa Cup 3rd Q round: 0-4 Bury Town
    Fa Trophy 3rd Q round: 0-5 Hucknall

Finances are doing well thanks to preseason income, we sit on around £150k losing about 7k a month.

Our Facilities are still all very basic although I did manage to improve the junior coaching from minimal to basic.

Youth

Only got one guy of any note through this year, had a few other decent players and as always at this stage, a lot with potential but generally speaking these youths will provide backup.

YP 1

Transfers
    Last edited by JackJCFC; 21-05-2012 at 21:14.

Part-Timer

Hi guys I have a problem with my manager history. It shows that I've signed 14 players since I turned professional. I have posted more details in this thread in the bugs forum.

Could you guys check this history screen and see if you are all clear. Thats only relevant if you have offered full time contracts to part time players. I'm hoping this is just a poor user interface problem.

Banned

Hi guys I have a problem with my manager history. It shows that I've signed 14 players since I turned professional. I have posted more details in this thread in the bugs forum.

Could you guys check this history screen and see if you are all clear. Thats only relevant if you have offered full time contracts to part time players. I'm hoping this is just a poor user interface problem.
    It just happens when you sign your Youth Players to contracts. As long as your transfer screen shows you haven't signed anyone, I wouldn't worry

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    It just happens when you sign your Youth Players to contracts. As long as your transfer screen shows you haven't signed anyone, I wouldn't worry
    Thanks mate. Only noticed it by accident and thought OH NO. I can get my update ready now. Thanks again.

Reserves

Thanks mate. Only noticed it by accident and thought OH NO. I can get my update ready now. Thanks again.
    TM's right and I would probably ask someone to lock that thread as you have technically signed them.

Reserves

Ri can you update me on the leader board please mate?
    done mate

Jack- Good season there and you did well to avoid relegation

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON NINE UPDATE - 2020/21

Season objectives - avoid relegation (achieved)

Achievements:

League Two -3rd and promoted
    FA Cup - 4th round (6-3 away to Chelsea)
    League Cup - 1st round
    JPT - 1st round

Another over-achieving season and another promotion but not as champions this time. Never really troubled the top two in all honesty but still very pleased. Garry Beasant is again top scorer and my personal favorite ever youth player. Antonio Bengo won the League Two player of the season award and deservedly so. Championship clubs are sniffing around these two so I've signed them both up on longer term contracts.

No transfers but I have added more coaches since turning professional.

Forgot a screenie for my youth intake but only two really have any chance of first team football. They are Dominick Makengo (YP9a) and Richie Downing (YP9b).

Season 10 expectations:

My expectation - avoid relegation
    Board expectation - avoid relegation
    Media prediction - 24th

Think we will continue to score goals although defensively I am a tad concerned. Hoping for mid-table but avoiding relegation will do. These players do keep surprising me though. I find it particularly interesting that players not originally given a YP tag are now regular first teamers. I now have just four players over 23 and all of them will be leaving at the end of the season as they are being overtaken by the youngsters. I gave them one year extensions this year purely for tutoring. This years squad.
    Last edited by marty78; 21-05-2012 at 16:29.

Amateur

Back-to-back promotions.

Fifth season with FC United, successful playoffs after finishing at 4th place in my first season at this level.
    No transfers, youth intake is very promising. Pat Cole is a very good set-piece taker, while Joe Roberts is a huge striker (207 cm and 97 kg at 16!), I will probably change tactics and use him as a target man.
    Club turned professional, full-time contracts and training for senior players - just in time so we can survive League Two, hopefully. Media prediction is 24th...
    Club rents its stadium from cash-strapped Bury, they have no funds to relay the pitch so the surface is terrible (50 matches played in a season). Many games were postponed because of waterlogged or snow-covered pitch what makes March and April extremely busy (2-3 matches a week).

Reserves

Marty- Well done on the back- to back- to back promotions mate! Excellent prospects as well.

Strigo- Well done as well mate. Your into league two and you've just got two great prospects through.

Amateur

Thanks! Update on my season. Just through Jan transfer window, avoided much pressure from Chelsea to sign Neil Ward! Currently league top scorer with 26 in 26. 31 in 29 overall this season! Price tag of 100mil might put them off making a bid for some time though. If they do, I'm sure the board will accept it for me. No min release clause (except on relegation), paid big money to they agent and him (500k) to ensure this!

Amateur

Well that was unexpected.....
    What a player... now I have 2 players to attempt to hold on to!
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...Attributes.png
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m..._Players-8.png

Youth Team

Amazing talent!

Amateur

Shane Taylor is FC United's first full international. Already a club legend at the age of 20, his value is 750k, I don't know how long i can keep him at the club, ass. man says he would be a leading star for Championship sides. He is definitely too good for League Two, that's why we conceded only 6 games in 9 matches.

Youth Team

Cambridge City 2013/2014

League- 18th

League
    Graph

Not such a good season this time, our defence leaked a lot more goals than before and our strike-force struggled even more. We generally sat about 5 points clear of the relegation zone for most of the season until around 4 games to go when we dropped in it, after a few nail-biting matches we managed to survive with a game to spare.

Cups

Fa Cup 2nd Q round: 0-2 Boreham Wood
    Fa Trophy 3rd Q round: 1-2 Hinckley

Finances are still about 90k positive although we were losing around 20k a month, pre season keeping us in the black there.
    Managed to improve junior coaching to adequate but I’ve yet to notice a difference.

Youth

Again only got one guy of any note through this year, had a few other decent players come through, mostly strikers where we are weakest, the guys have potential but no ability as of yet, I’m trying to develop their pace.

YP 2

Transfers

Semi Pro

2039-40 Carshalton Atheltic : League Champs

One More Year then i Am off to Brazil to Coach in Division 3

League Table
    Well this season was just weird didnt score many goals yet i win the league what the hell

Squad

Transfers

Finances

FA Cup - 5th Round Liverpool

League Cup - 4th Round Liverpool

Champions League - Qtr Final - Lyon

Youth Intake

YP08

YP11

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

YP19

YP20

YP21

YP22
    YP22R

Youth Intake

U18s

Next years objective : Wins Champions League & Community Shield
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 21-05-2012 at 21:46.

Amateur

Made the playoffs... just, do I make it a triple promotion to the prem?

Semi Pro

Amateur

Just had the strangest new stadium built ever

Wasn't requested but the previous stadium only held 1,000

Just finished my first season

Code:
                   Horsham Youth Academy

-----------------------------------------------------------
     Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Other
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2019-20     BSS    11th   59     QUALS

Banned

@Toonbalmy87, how the hell did you win the league with goals for and against like that? That's the most weird thing i've ever seen!

@Padders, i'd be gutted if I got a new stadium already and i'm in League 1... You have to wait a long time for a new one again don't you?

Amateur

@Toonbalmy87, how the hell did you win the league with goals for and against like that? That's the most weird thing i've ever seen!

@Padders, i'd be gutted if I got a new stadium already and i'm in League 1... You have to wait a long time for a new one again don't you?
    I haven't yet got a new stadium and I can confirm last season I did get a promotion to the prem. This is what happened:
    Championship about 4000 seat expansion
    Prem: 9 mil pound expansion of 6000 seats.... why not a new stadium! *facepalm*
    Currently stadium sharing with Everton at Goodison park, already bringing in more fans than my new stadium can hold...

Amateur

Yes I think its every 25 years isn't it??

Got a 8.5k loan a month to pay back a month until 2035!!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Yes I think its every 25 years isn't it??

Got a 8.5k loan a month to pay back a month until 2035!!
    20 years for a new stadium

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON TEN UPDATE - 2022/23

Achievements:

League One - 13th
    FA Cup - 2nd round
    League Cup - 3rd round
    JPT - quarter final

A solid season and safety achieved. Could of done better but this year was one of the worst for injuries. Once relegation was no longer a worry I started to blood some youngsters are they will get first team slots next year.

No transfers.

This years youth prospects are Jeff Spearing (YP10a) and Mark Ramm (YP10b).

Season objectives:

My expectation - mid-table
    Board expectation - avoid relegation
    Media prediction - 22nd

This year I just want stay away from trouble and allow the youngsters to improve further. I have released more players that had hit their ceiling and were not really good enough. Realistically I don't think the young lads will be ready for the championship for another two or three years. If I am a bit luckier with injuries we could possibly push for the play-offs but I doubt it. The squad.
    Last edited by marty78; 23-05-2012 at 11:41.

Banned

20 years for a new stadium
    That is just simply shocking! I really hope the board wait untill I have financial backing behind me...

KINGSTONIAN SEASON TEN UPDATE - 2022/23

Brilliant season, making the relegation fight look easy I think you can hope for a play-off place next season!

Amateur

Just started this challenge yesterday with Carshalton. I'm nearing the end of year 1 and although I avoided relegation I am facing quite the quandry. FM12 gifted me with two lovely one-star keepers (while my friend using the same team got a 4.5 and a 4!) and neither of them wants to talk to me about a new contract. This is particularly troublesome because the only other GKs I currently have are grayed-out U18s.

What do I do in this situation?

Reserves

Battle it out with your one stars.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Battle it out with your one stars.
    Ah I guess I typed it up a little wrong. It's the end of the season, the young one-star doesn't want to talk to me period, and the 39 year-old one is retiring.

Reserves

Play a player who isn't a keeper there then. I've had to do it, and I'm sure others may have had to.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Play a player who isn't a keeper there then. I've had to do it, and I'm sure others may have had to.
    He's better off playing a grey tbh (but he cant sign them, of course ;))

Amateur

Well I guess it can't be worse than what I had.

Youth Team

Relegated in my third season with one game left . Struggled for goals with no striker getting more than 5 and my top scorer being my CB with 7. We had a 5-10 point advtage of the team at the top of the relegation zone but 12 games without a win for us and 10 games unbeaten from them dropped us down to 20th, despite some good results in our final 5 games we couldn't stay up.

Reserves

Jack- Unlucky mate. Going to try again or is it back to Carmarthen?

Youth Team

Jack- Unlucky mate. Going to try again or is it back to Carmarthen?
    Not sure yet, might just take some time off from the game first

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Not sure yet, might just take some time off from the game first
    ha ha. Is it payed or unpaid holiday

Reserves

He's better off playing a grey tbh (but he cant sign them, of course ;))
    Yeah, but that just takes away from the signing thing.

Banned

Season 2017/2018 Update

Npower League 2

League Aim: Play-Off Spot

League Table - This was by far our best season yet as our defence has grown into a rock and our overall play makes last season in League 2 look laughable! Despite being newly promoted, I had confidence we would do well, but never believed we'd do this well! Thankfully we've had no bids for our top players and we've gelled the team together.

League Team Stats
    League Player Stats

Club Information

Chester Squad - As you can see, the entire squad was amazing and we have several players in the first team that hardly ever get injured. However, there are a few players who are very injury prone, with an example as easy as Gary Beckford. Unfortunately our new SYP also got injured after just 2 or 3 games!

Club Finances
    Transfer Proof

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final - We absolutely destroyed Charlton here, who were prior to the match, the record holders for the most goals conceded in the competition! I doubt anyone will break that record for a long time now!

Gary Beckford YP01
    Manuele De Petrillo YP02
    Rod Delfouneso YP03
    Kyle Pope YP04
    Christian Walsh YP05
    Ciaran Wood YP06
    Eric Davidson YP07
    Reece Jeffries YP08
    Brett Smart SYP01
    Kyle Gay SPY02

New Stadium Announced - We were just talking about this yesterday and I wish the board would have waited, but they've gone ahead with a new stadium build and this is going to put me in major debt with around £120k per month going towards repaying the debt...

Awards

Npower League 1 Player Of The Year
    Npower League 1 Team Of The Year
    Npower League 1 Top Goalscorer

Semi Pro

Season 2017/2018 Update

Npower League 2

League Aim: Play-Off Spot

League Table - This was by far our best season yet as our defence has grown into a rock and our overall play makes last season in League 2 look laughable! Despite being newly promoted, I had confidence we would do well, but never believed we'd do this well! Thankfully we've had no bids for our top players and we've gelled the team together.

League Team Stats
    League Player Stats

Club Information

Chester Squad - As you can see, the entire squad was amazing and we have several players in the first team that hardly ever get injured. However, there are a few players who are very injury prone, with an example as easy as Gary Beckford. Unfortunately our new SYP also got injured after just 2 or 3 games!

Club Finances
    Transfer Proof

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final - We absolutely destroyed Charlton here, who were prior to the match, the record holders for the most goals conceded in the competition! I doubt anyone will break that record for a long time now!

Gary Beckford YP01
    Manuele De Petrillo YP02
    Rod Delfouneso YP03
    Kyle Pope YP04
    Christian Walsh YP05
    Ciaran Wood YP06
    Eric Davidson YP07
    Reece Jeffries YP08
    Brett Smart SYP01
    Kyle Gay SPY02

New Stadium Announced - We were just talking about this yesterday and I wish the board would have waited, but they've gone ahead with a new stadium build and this is going to put me in major debt with around £120k per month going towards repaying the debt...

Awards

Npower League 1 Player Of The Year
    Npower League 1 Team Of The Year
    Npower League 1 Top Goalscorer
    Good season chief next year you will be raking in the money in the Championship so dont worry to much about your Finances because you make a fortune in there compared to your wage budget which wont be much i expect so you should be in the prem in 4 years then ;)

Amateur

Anyone else get super discouraged when you start off flying in August & September then suddenly October comes and you lose to every bottom of the table team?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by joel1031 View Post
    Anyone else get super discouraged when you start off flying in August & September then suddenly October comes and you lose to every bottom of the table team?
    the longer the run goes on the worse I feel

Amateur

I'm liking this challenge... already done something similar to this but with transfers allowed, which makes it alot easier... I originally went as Staines... so I'll have to see who gets promoted, just simming now.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by kino4 View Post
    I'm liking this challenge... already done something similar to this but with transfers allowed, which makes it alot easier... I originally went as Staines... so I'll have to see who gets promoted, just simming now.
    Thankyou and good luck mate

Reserves

Just finished season 4 and it was another disappointing one. The youth intake was pretty good though, no gems but 3 or 4 players that will probably take me up to the BSP and League 2.

Amateur

Just finished season 4 and it was another disappointing one. The youth intake was pretty good though, no gems but 3 or 4 players that will probably take me up to the BSP and League 2.
    So I've picked my team and about to make the announcements and post required screenshots etc. but I don't understand the nickname thing... Do I nickname every new intake in accordance to their potential ratings according to my Assistant Manager... and I take it this is for the duration of the game so I could effectively end up hundreds of YP##'s then?

Amateur

kino4 has just been unveiled as the boss of newly promoted Cambridge City! This is kino4's first attempt at management and he has made some bold statements during his Press Conference.

"I am looking to take this club to Domestic and European Glory one day, I intend to do this with the use of our own academy graduates and you won't see me or this club every spend a penny on signing a player. I understand that this will take time and I hope the fans can be patient, as I promise them that this is one rollercoaster you'll want to be on."

Club: Cambridge City
    Nickname: The Lilywhites
    Legends: None (kino4, one day)
    Icons: Glen Fuff
    Fierce Rivals: None
    Other Rivals: Histon and Cambridge United
    Estimated Value: £130k
    Season Ticket Holders: 81
    Bank Balance: £36k

Stadium: The City Ground [Due to move into the 1750 capacity "Cricket Field Road" on 01.07.2013]
    Stadium Capacity: 2000 (500 Seated)
    Corporate Facilities: Basic
    Training Facilities: Basic
    Youth Facilities: Minimal
    Junior Coaching: Minimal
    Youth Recruitment: Limited

Youth Team

kino4 has just been unveiled as the boss of newly promoted Cambridge City! This is kino4's first attempt at management and he has made some bold statements during his Press Conference.

"I am looking to take this club to Domestic and European Glory one day, I intend to do this with the use of our own academy graduates and you won't see me or this club every spend a penny on signing a player. I understand that this will take time and I hope the fans can be patient, as I promise them that this is one rollercoaster you'll want to be on."

Club: Cambridge City
    Nickname: The Lilywhites
    Legends: None (kino4, one day)
    Icons: Glen Fuff
    Fierce Rivals: None
    Other Rivals: Histon and Cambridge United
    Estimated Value: £130k
    Season Ticket Holders: 81
    Bank Balance: £36k

Stadium: The City Ground [Due to move into the 1750 capacity "Cricket Field Road" on 01.07.2013]
    Stadium Capacity: 2000 (500 Seated)
    Corporate Facilities: Basic
    Training Facilities: Basic
    Youth Facilities: Minimal
    Junior Coaching: Minimal
    Youth Recruitment: Limited
    Good luck with Cambridge, i jut got relegated in my third season with them, hope you can do better!

Amateur

Happens to me EVERY year

Just come out of a 13 game run without a win

Amateur

Good luck with Cambridge, i jut got relegated in my third season with them, hope you can do better!
    Lol, I think they look like they have a good set-up and potential for early board takeover?? I think we'll do well this year and i have my tactics in mind already... gonna be out of this league in 3 seasons thats my target for each league 3 seasons, then prem will be about 10-15 lol

Part-Timer

@kino4 - best of luck mate.

@tacticmaster - good luck in the championship. League One win was impressive, particularly goals scored.

Banned

@ Toonbalmy87, I hope your right because if I remember from my Doncaster game online, money wasn't easy to come by... However, like you say I have low wages so that will help a lot.

@ Marty78, Thanks mate. I'm hopefull of a decent season in the Championship having beaten several championship teams in the FA Cup. I have a really good attacking force and if Gary Beckford can stay injury free, we will be laughing this season

Banned

I've just gone onto my game and noticed I didn't even save since May 12th... At least I saved after the final game of season.

[Edit]

New Stadium: They've announced the new stadium again, but this time it costs very slightly more, but will be completed in a year rather than 2 years! It also has around 200 more capacity
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 24-05-2012 at 13:21.

Amateur

(I forgot to do one announcing my joining since I wasn't going to post updates in this thread but then had a chance of heart)

Carshalton Athletic by joel1031

2012/13 Season Update

Competitions

Expectations for this season were fairly low. Carshalton were picked by the media to end in (I believe) 20th place so relegation was not out of the question. The board had very simple demands (avoid relegation) which I proudly met. As you can see we overachieved for quite a while, but eventually fatigue and especially injuries hit my fairly small squad. In the end we finished just above relegation due to a huge slide but at least we managed our goal for the season.

FA Cup was a huge disappointment. We saw ourselves fall to a VERY favorable draw against Bognor Regis, an Isthmian D1S side 2-1 at home. We ended up falling in the FA Trophy 3rd round to Tonbridge 4-3 on aggregate after beating Staines, Rushall, and Billericay, the second and third matches being away fixtures.

Squad - AM's Report

Definitely not our best season but these are the bunch that kept it together. Along with my YP00, Russell Hutcheon (the only other non-gray youth when I arrived at the club) showed plenty of promise but got very little first team action. You'll also see FM decided to grace with me two awful randomly-generated GKs, though at least the younger guy has decent potential.

Youth Intake

I was only able to upgrade Junior Coaching once, but man it must've helped a ton. My breakdown of them:

(YP01) Macey is 6'2 with good aerials but meh finishing and strength (Leading BSP quality)
    Ashby has 16 flair, 8 finishing but 3 strength (Leading BSP)
    Clarke has great pace, 8 finishing, and 18 teamwork (Leading BSS)

Costelloe has weird stats, 18 Brav, 17 Det, 16 Agg & Long Throws, but 7 Pace and 2 Strength (Leading BSP)
    Squire has more rounded stats, good tackling, determination, and concentration, decent pace (Leading BSP)

All but Clarke will likely be thrust into the first team due to injuries and getting them some playing time since expectations are again super-low.

Will have more screenshots available for next season's update since I'll actually plan ahead.

Banned

Best of luck for next season Joel, i'm sure you can overcome the problems

Reserves

Default St Albans Season 4- 2015/16

Targets for this season:

- Getting into the playoffs. NO

- Improving junior coaching + something else. NO- I only upgraded junior coaching

Finances- In a solid position still with 700k in the coffer’s and some tournaments to come.

Facilities
    - We managed to improve junior coaching again to good and the youth facilities have gone through and are now minimal (but at least we own them! ).

League Table
    - The position may look shocking but this is the closest we have come to the playoffs. We were actually mathematically still in with a chance until 3 games to go.

Squad
    – Joff Harris top scored with 17 goals, a marked improvement on recent seasons plus Bakare and Heaton got into double figures.

Tagged Prospects

We had a much better season with the youths this year and got a few great prospects but I only picked 2 as it would get out of hand otherwise.

Gary Wright YP05- A great young goalkeeping prospect who has already replaced Ollie Clunan as GK.

Samuel Bah YP06-
    A left back with leading BSP potential.

Transfers
    - I’m clean!

YP Watch

Ollie Clunan YP01-
    He played up until March but I fear that was probably his last game for the club after Gary Wright came through. If it is, he was a great servant for 4 seasons.

Luke Phillips YP02-Has made decent progress

Bradie Andrew YP03-
    Unfortunately he hasn’t improved much but there is still time.

Joe Ballard YP04-
    He’s made excellent progress and I’ve now got him being tutored by a midfielder with 19 determination.

Targets for next season

-
    Getting into the playoffs

- Improving junior coaching + something else.

Code:
      Season       League           Position            Achievements                 Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
     -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                        
      2012/13       BSS               16th               Staying up                    Sakho Bakare (12)           Paul Heaton    
      2013/14       BSS               12th               Improving                      Paul Heaton (15)           Sean Shields
      2014/15       BSS               14th                 None                         Paul Heaton (11)         Anton Blackwood
      2015/16       BSS               16th                 None                         Joff Harris (17)         Anton Blackwood

Semi Pro

Got my Final season update on Carshalton to coming up but i am going to keep going with save but start Brazil on a Seperate save but in the year 2041

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    Got my Final season update on Carshalton to coming up but i am going to keep going with save but start Brazil on a Seperate save but in the year 2041
    just remember to not post season updates in this thread if your moving to Brazil

Semi Pro

Why cant i post it in here like is it only EPL

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    Why cant i post it in here like is it only EPL
    It's not really part of the challenge mate . If you want you can post in here I suppose.

Amateur

Carshalton Athletic 2013/14 (Season 2) Update

Competitions

League - Past Positions

Our goal for the season was "Consolidation" aka avoid relegation and get our youngsters more developed. We achieved those goals. Stayed up for a bit longer as well before taking our eventual plummet. Lost both cups in the first match we played, which was disappointing.

The Squad - Ass Man's Report

As you can see many of the youngsters not tagged as YP got in on the action and performed admirably. The biggest disappointment (no surprise) was my GK, who conceded 58 times while recording 5 shutouts in 34 appearances. I quickly put in my youth goalie who conceded 6 in 6 appearances but recorded 2 shutouts. I'm keeping Goodchild merely to tutor and as cover, his stats are already declining and I'd rather put my efforts into a young keeper with promise.

Youth Intake

YP02 - David Hart

Last season I had a crop of strikers, this year it is the midfield. David Hart received the YP tag and factored immediately into the first team. My Ass Man's JPP is 12 so these PA's are decent guestimates. Got enough here to flesh out my Senior squad, Reserves games, and U18 now at the very least.

Previous YPs

YP00 - Jo Hasler - Made some decent progress this season but never really wowed anyone with his work, mostly playing as the Ball-Winning Midfielder. Missed 7 weeks total due to injury.

YP01 - Carl Macey - This poor guy. He started his career at the club by twisting his knee in the U18/Candidates game and missing three weeks. He missed a total of 17 weeks during this season due to injury. His physical stats have taken a bit of a hit as a result, and he has certainly lost out on a lot of experience to Nana Clarke, who has impressed in his absence.

2014/15 Goals

Competitions - A mid-table finish, in the 8-12 range would be admirable, given that's the board's expectations for this year. Getting past the qualifying stages in each cup competition.

Figure out LB - Kamara came into the season as my starter but quickly lost out to Squire. Roberts was little more than cover and while he showed flashes last season, utterly disappointed in his few chances this year. Squire's contract is up this season and he refuses to talk, though maybe his tune will change during pre-season. Hancock came in with the last batch and has promise but is very raw currently.

Don't get sacked! - It goes without saying but given the amount of youth I'll be starting on our first team it might be a challenge. Hopefully my players can grow during the season and save my butt with a late-season charge.
    Last edited by joel1031; 24-05-2012 at 22:58.

Banned

Has anyone ever been forced to have a parent club? I've never asked for one and all of a sudden I get a news item telling me we've been linked with Bologna... Can't cancel the link either?

Semi Pro

Has anyone ever been forced to have a parent club? I've never asked for one and all of a sudden I get a news item telling me we've been linked with Bologna... Can't cancel the link either?
    Wait for the end of Season then cancel it, iv asked for one before just for the Annual payment

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON ELEVEN UPDATE - 2023/24

Season objective - mid-table (achieved)

Achievements:

League One - 5th - Lost play-off final 2-3 vs Hartlepool
    FA Cup - 1st round
    League Cup - 3rd round
    JPT - semi-final

A good season and more improvement. Obviously disappointed to lose play-off final but the result was fair and we were without the League One top scorer Garry Beasant, who was injured in the semi-final.

No transfers.

This years youth intake had five players worth a tag. They are:

Liam O'Sullivan (YP11a)
    Cameron Warren (YP11b)
    George Hearn (YP11c)
    Dennis Broady (YP11d)
    Stewart Fagan (YP11e)

__________________________________________________ _____-

SEASON 12 EXPECTATIONS

My expectation - play-offs
    Board expectation - mid-table
    Media prediction - 13th

With big teams such as Leeds and Middlesborough coming down this year I don't fancy a top two finish and would take a play-off place now.

Amateur

Cambridge City - kino4

2012/13 Season Review

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Youth Intake

Seasonal Review

A pleasing season, we had some great wins and stayed clear of relagation for most of the year... got all my staff in place now, got the board to expand facilities and to pump more money into the youth recruitment, I am unfortunately taking the club into debt as I have signed all the players on PT contracts meaning they get paid even if they don't play...lol... I feel it was needed to guarantee the players didn't leave...

Next Season Expectations

Again I selected Avoid Relegation - just to keep the board happy, but I am wanting a comfortable mid table finish and I may give a few of the youngsters run outs in all the cup games. I now just need to stabalise and then push on next year for promotion, I am still on track for my 3 season promotion plan... on the plus side a few of my youth prospects have a bit of technical ability and that could prove crucial towards the end of the season as my First Team is technically sh*te.

Youth Team

Cambridge City - kino4

2012/13 Season Review

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Youth Intake

Seasonal Review

A pleasing season, we had some great wins and stayed clear of relagation for most of the year... got all my staff in place now, got the board to expand facilities and to pump more money into the youth recruitment, I am unfortunately taking the club into debt as I have signed all the players on PT contracts meaning they get paid even if they don't play...lol... I feel it was needed to guarantee the players didn't leave...

Next Season Expectations

Again I selected Avoid Relegation - just to keep the board happy, but I am wanting a comfortable mid table finish and I may give a few of the youngsters run outs in all the cup games. I now just need to stabalise and then push on next year for promotion, I am still on track for my 3 season promotion plan... on the plus side a few of my youth prospects have a bit of technical ability and that could prove crucial towards the end of the season as my First Team is technically sh*te.

Good first season, interesting to see you in BSN when i was in BSS

Amateur

Good first season, interesting to see you in BSN when i was in BSS
    lol it depends on who gets relegated and promoted, so it could be different each season...

Amateur

I seriously don't understand this game. I'm going to get relegated. My opponents do nothing but score at will and the best I can muster is one actual goal and a lucky own-goal per game.

*sigh*

It's fun in concept until you just throw squads out there to get mauled no matter what tactic you try.

Amateur

I seriously don't understand this game. I'm going to get relegated. My opponents do nothing but score at will and the best I can muster is one actual goal and a lucky own-goal per game.

*sigh*

It's fun in concept until you just throw squads out there to get mauled no matter what tactic you try.
    Try this mate, it works a treat for me so far this season

http://www.mediafire.com/?ty65c5xa8sh3hr6

I created it... it requires two big strikers STL and STC, then a poacher/ quick forward on STR

Amateur

Thanks for the tactic I might give it a go. It's January now and I'm in 22nd place, 9 points away from safety. Getting some quirky things with my youth players though like:

YP00's contract is ending this year and he refuses to talk about a new deal so far. :|
    Random youth who has become my first-choice LB is on $8/wk no contract, keeps begging privately and publicly (and is raising a stink in the locker room) about wanting a better deal, but any time I come to him to talk he refuses to talk!

wtf FM?

Banned

Algeria just approached me in pre-season Wish I was able to take the job.

Amateur

FC United Season 6 (2017/18)

First season in League Two, media prediction was 24th we managed to finish in mid-table. It was quite boring - safe from relegation but no chance for playoff. I'm happy with the squad, all players got full-time contracts so they can get proper training to fulfill their potential. No transfers of course, but our new parent club Aston Villa want to send youngsters on loan (I can withdraw offers though). Forgot to take a screenshot of my youth intake, the only player I put straight into first team is Ricky Jackson who is the club's best winger already and can become a decent Premiership winger in the future (at FC United I hope...).
    Had a fine FA Cup run, knocked out by Spurs (1-2) in 3rd round. 200k gate receipts and 120k television money was probably better than qualifying for next round.

Amateur

Well I'm getting relegated, here's hoping the next season goes remotely better. This year included such fabulous losses as a 4-1 where their goals were 1 actual goal, 2 own-goals, and a PK.

Amateur

Carshalton Athletic 2014/15 (Season3) Update

Preseason Goals

1. Competitions - Failed. 22nd in league, FAC 2nd Qual, FAT 2nd

2. Figure out LB - Failed. Squire kept demanding a new contract then not wanting to talk, no one else was really viable there, either.

3. Don't get sacked! - Failed. Got relegated.

Competitions

League - Past Positions

This says it all. Our defense was constantly a sieve and our offensive stars couldn't generate anything up front. Overall a complete failure of a season. On the bright side at least we didn't lose to an Isthmian D1 squad in the FAC quals this time around.

The Squad - Ass Man's Report

I personally think the squad had the quality to at least not be relegated. Probably a failure of tactics on my part coupled with a lack of depth for rotation meant tired legs basically since the end of preseason.

Youth Intake

Forgot to take a screenshot so this is my youth squad. Some decent promise but none of them seem to have beyond BSS quality.

YP03 - Joe Ransom - I expect good things but there's no way he'd play in the first team right away. Not the most developed of my intake but had the best potential.

Previous Youth Prospects

YP00 - Jo Hasler - By all accounts he had a largely disappointing season. He was healthy, though, playing in 39 of 42 possible league matches.
    YP01 - Carl Macey - Fared slightly better but not really by much. 29 appearances in the league is an improvement for him, but he missed the first three months of the season due to injury.
    YP02 - David Hart - Played well beyond his years in his 20 league appearances but missed roughly two months total due to injury.

Oh well, I'll retire this manager and poke around the recent promotions and find a new bunch of youngsters to try to usher into the Premier League

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester

2016/17 Youth Intake

Alvin Westhead (YP5a)

Sam Waters (YP5b)

David Woodward (YP5c)

So at long last I've got a couple of new defensive players through my youth system. Both Westhead & Waters have a long way to go in their development but both will probably get some chances in the first team next year and can hopefully help stabilise our defence and allow us to push up towards League 2.

Amateur

Workington Unveil Steve Smith as New Manager!

Workington announced today that Steve Smith will guide the newly-promoted side in its most recent attempt to remain afloat in the Blue Square Bet North for more than one season. He made it known at his first presser that his focus would be on developing youth talent at the club, a starting announcement given the currently horrid state of Workington's youth facilities and their dearth of any real prospects. Smith also cleared out the backroom, choosing instead to bring in his own assistant coaches to try and keep the Workington ship afloat. The board has set low expectations for this season, asking Smith only to protect the side from relegation. The team are currently solid in every area bar Goalkeeper, so Smith will likely want to play defensively and try to cover up such a glaring weakness.

((This game hates giving me decently goalies, I guess.))

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester

2016/17 Season Review

Competitions

So another solid league table, with the remarkable achievement of being both the best team both in terms of goals scored & goals conceded, we had so many games that ended up with 5 or more goals over the 90 minutes that in the end I just always expected any lead we had to vanish at any time. Thanks to our dreadful defence we were never able to finish off games, if we only ever played the first 70 minutes we could have come 3rd in the league! So, at least we were safe and hopefully next year we can make a start on sorting out our defensive frailty and move up the table a bit.

FA Cup - FA Trophy
    So a big loss to League 1 Rotherham in the FA Cup which wasn't a surprise, but a rather painful 5-2 thumping by AFC Telford was a disappointing way to exit the FA Trophy, although I was pleased that we made it through a few rounds first and the one real positive was that Charnley scored 10 goals in 4 games!

Players

Squad

(YP1a) Tony Webb
    Code:
    2012/13	  8 	 2 	 1 	 0 	6.93
    2013/14	  31(3)	 14	 10	 4	7.14
    2014/15   39(2)	 22	 26	 12	7.41
    2015/16   50(1)	 21	 23	 8	7.29
    2016/17	  50	 20	 41	 10	7.51
    (YP1b) Wayne Meredith
    Code:
    2012/13	  0 	 0 	 0 	 0 	N/A
    2013/14	  11(16) 0	 1	 2	6.77
    2014/15   18(20) 3	 0	 1	6.73
    2015/16   12(18) 3	 0	 2	6.70
    2016/17	  0(4)	 0	 0	 0	6.30
    (YP1c) Jeff Stephens
    Code:
    2012/13  4(2)	 0 	 1 	 0 	6.84
    2013/14  11(19)	 7	 1	 2	6.78
    2014/15  3(29)	 5	 1	 0	6.82
    2015/16	 0(21)	 1	 4	 0	6.61
    2016/17	 15(6)	 1	 0	 1	6.61
    (YP2a) Martin Houghton
    Code:
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2014/15	  12	 11	 5	 0	6.78
    2015/16	  7	 11	 0	 0	6.86
    2016/17	  29	 53	 3	 0	6.70
    (YP2b) Danny Robinson
    Code:
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2014/15	  46	 6	 2	 5	7.14
    2015/16	  26	 2	 1	 1	7.19
    2016/17	  51	 14	 4	 4	7.08
    (YP2c) Phillip Charnley
    Code:
    2013/14  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2014/15	 43(6)	 19	 11	 4	7.10
    2015/16	 51	 36	 5	 6	7.24
    2016/17  39	 33	 7	 8	7.33
    (YP3a) Paul Holmes
    Code:
    2014/15	 0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2015/16	 2(4)	 0	 0	 0	6.63
    2016/17	 5(19)	 0	 1	 0	6.54
    (YP3b) Rob Evans
    Code:
    2014/15	  0	  0	 0	 0	N/A
    2015/16	  0	  0	 0	 0	N/A
    2016/17	  0	  0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP3c) David Hallworth
    Code:
    2014/15	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2015/16	  39(3)	 1	 3	 0	6.70
    2016/17	  45	 1	 7	 0	6.78
    (YP4a) Eddie Lomax
    Code:
    2015/16  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2016/17	 42(4)	 9	 4	 2	6.95
    (YP4b) Peter Adams
    Code:
    2015/16  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2016/17	 2(5)	 0	 1	 0	6.36
    (YP4c) Roger Hurlock
    Code:
    2015/16  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2016/17	 33(10)	 6	 10	 3	6.87
    (YP5a) Alvin Westhead
    Code:
    2016/17	 0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP5b) Sam Waters
    Code:
    2016/17	 0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP5c) David Woodward
    Code:
    2016/17	 0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    So once again it's obvious who the two stars are. Webb & Charnley both destroyed the league once more, Webb reaching 20 goals for the 3rd season in a row but with over 50 assists and Charnley only falling 3 goals short of last seasons tally but with 12 less games played. Absolutely awesome effort from these two and with the way our defence has been playing they are pretty much the only reason we haven't been relegated!

Elsewhere Houghton and Robinson have established themselves as our first choice GK and DC respectively and both have shown some good talent, Robinson being the only decent defender in our squad and Houghton playing well despite the sheer number of chances he has to contend with. David Hallworth continued his run in the first team but struggled to make a great impact, although he did improve from last year. Due to our poor defence I am being forced to use him in a very negative fashion, staying deep and not getting many chances to stretch his legs and push upfield, however next year I will try and play a more attacking game and give him a chance to shine.

From last years intake both Lomax and Hurlock went pretty much straight into the side as part of our attacking unit and while Webb & Charnley stole the show both of these two showed soem real ability and helped bring the best out of the other two so a good effort on their part.

Now the sad bit, those who will be leaving us. I think that Wayne Meredith is going to be walking out the door quite soon. He just hasn't improved at all in his 4 seasons at the club and his chances in the first team have been reduced every year. I think that he will remain with us this season as backup while we develop our current youth prospects but then will be moving on. Jeff Stephens will probably be joining him too, he got a decent change this year with 15 starts but he failed to impress, he hasn't been training well, and we have too many options upfront to make him worth keeping.

Awards

Player of the Season

Summary

So at least we survived, although I'm a bit annoyed that we didn't really improve much from last year and that our defence was equally terrible, although our attacking unit is still destroying teams at will we just can't make any progress while we are leaking goals as badly as we have been. The couple of defensive players we received in our youth side could really help out in the next year or two though so hopefully we can start moving in the right direction.

Club History

Code:
    Season	League	POS	PTS	FA Cup	League Cup	Other
    2012/13	BSN	13th	57	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd
    2013/14	BSN	5th	71	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd, Playoff Semi-Finals
    2014/15	BSN	3rd	72	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 2nd Rnd, Promoted Via Playoffs
    2015/16	BSP	15th	62	2nd	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd
    2016/17	BSP	10th	69	1st	N/A		FA Trophy 4th Rnd
    Last edited by mack4life; 25-05-2012 at 21:11.

Reserves

Workington Unveil Steve Smith as New Manager!

Workington announced today that Steve Smith will guide the newly-promoted side in its most recent attempt to remain afloat in the Blue Square Bet North for more than one season. He made it known at his first presser that his focus would be on developing youth talent at the club, a starting announcement given the currently horrid state of Workington's youth facilities and their dearth of any real prospects. Smith also cleared out the backroom, choosing instead to bring in his own assistant coaches to try and keep the Workington ship afloat. The board has set low expectations for this season, asking Smith only to protect the side from relegation. The team are currently solid in every area bar Goalkeeper, so Smith will likely want to play defensively and try to cover up such a glaring weakness.

((This game hates giving me decently goalies, I guess.))
    Workington are playable at the start of the game, so they are not eligible for the challenge- sorry .

Amateur

Workington are playable at the start of the game, so they are not eligible for the challenge- sorry .
    they were relegated in my game and then promoted again, so I can't play them?

Amateur

either way if I can't play them that's fine I already want to murder everyone on this roster

this challenge is super frustrating, it never feels like I'm making progress. every team is a sieve that can't score regardless of their stat increases or whatever

*sigh*

Reserves

they were relegated in my game and then promoted again, so I can't play them?
    No, it has to be a team that wasnt originally available that comes up, I would just start a new save tbh.

Banned

Championship Life

As you know i'm in season 1 of the Championship after a brilliant promotion season last year from League 1. This season has brought plenty of drama, including the board announcing the build of a new stadium with over 15.5k capacity. I now have more news, including how my first few games have gone...

Board Takeover - Fans Trust

Club Returns To Fans - This doesn't appear to have affected the club in any way shape or form, no good and no bad... I was hoping for them to pay off the £24mil debt at least, but they also said this...

No Investment - It seems that despite their takeover, they seem to want to carry on as normal and pay the debt back through my success. I suppose they are in it for the money.

Major Transfer Offer

Brett Smart SYP01 - My special youth player was finally subject to a bid and it came from none other than Manchester United! They offered £7.75mil & 30% of any profit made from a sale. I went in with a counter offer of £8mil (which was my asking price anyway) & 30% of any transfer (rather than 30% of any profit from a transfer). Fortunately for me, they didn't see this value for money and have taken a hike! It would have damaged our chances this season as he is a major part of our attacking play.

In other news, we kicked off the season with a very bad pre-season in terms of results, despite the fact I played against teams I thought we could beat. However, here are the results for competitive matches so far...

Wigan 1 - 0 Chester: A difficult start to the season, playing Wigan who finished 4th last season, but I was pleased with a respectable result.

Chester 4 - 1 Bradford (L1): This League Cup match against Bradford couldn't have been any easier and we completely dominated, hitting the post twice. However we have a massive match against Manchester City in the Second Round.

Chester 2 - 0 West Brom: A sturdy defensive display allowed us to pick off the victory here, despite our attacking play being 1 dimensional. Special thanks to Christian Walsh who played outstanding, despite his fellow attacking colleages playing like League 2 players.

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Chester: Another decent defensive display allowed us to pick up another victory, whilst the attacking players were out of depth yet again.

Managers Thoughts: I think that we have had a brilliant start to the season despite the loss in the first game. However, players are starting to moan about new contracts, including Christian Walsh who is demanding 18k per week! I have told him his demands are unreasonable.

Banned

I think I have the next Michael Owen right here, Gary Beckford has been injured again! At least it's not 5 Months like last time.

Reserves

Just found a thread by Cleon about developing youths, its amazing! had some great results with it only a few months down the line. here is the link: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ment-The-Guide

I'd also check out some of her other threads, she's an FM genius!

Amateur

I'm having some trouble with this challenge (obviously), so I have some questions maybe you guys can help me out with:

1) How can I keep people from getting tired and needing leave?
    2) How do you balance youngsters and older first-teamers? I'm trying to get at least my YPs solid starts but sometimes they just aren't up to scratch.
    3) Do you guys get tons of injuries during games? I find that even with solid physios I end up using up my subs during most games just because of players having to come off.

Reserves

I'm having some trouble with this challenge (obviously), so I have some questions maybe you guys can help me out with:

1) How can I keep people from getting tired and needing leave?
    2) How do you balance youngsters and older first-teamers? I'm trying to get at least my YPs solid starts but sometimes they just aren't up to scratch.
    3) Do you guys get tons of injuries during games? I find that even with solid physios I end up using up my subs during most games just because of players having to come off.
    1. The only answer for this is squad rotation. But I wouldn't worry to much as it is only a problem in the lower leagues and everyone has it. Just send a few on holiday each month.
    2. I put all tagged players in the first team squad and play them as much as possible because this challenge is about progression so if they have a better potential than first teamers then they should be in the side.
    3. There will always be injuries in football. I dont get them every game and I'm guessing that the effect that they are having on you is partially psycological. Try noting down how many injuries you get a game, you will most likely find that it is a normal amount.

My advice: Try not to get to hung up on these things. Experiment and find out what works for you. Players can only improve their CA through playing games though, just remember that ;). I'd also recommend creating individual schedules for all your tagged players, follow the guide cleon has created that I gave a link in my above post.

Amateur

Randall Dover taking over at Chester

Media prediction of 9th, mid-table expectation

Amateur

So you are creating them only for tagged players, not all youth with decent potentials?

Reserves

So you are creating them only for tagged players, not all youth with decent potentials?
    at the moment because otherwise it would take ages . Plus before they develop I know there will be another crop of players with better potential.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast