+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,900 of 2422

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Semi Pro

Yeah have been for a while

Amateur

Lowestoft 2013/14 - BSP - Survival achieved

We did it! Scraping survival in our first season in the Conference felt sweeter than the promotion from the BSN. The entire season was spent in and around the drop zone with consistently long periods of winless results, but we kept plugging away and a 2-1 win away at Darlington on the penultimate day of the season was enough to keep us in the BSN for another year. No idea how we'll survive it mind, given some of the backup players refused to sign new contracts and aside from one or two, none of the youths are ready to be thrust into the first XI. Never mind, we're in this league for another season, survival next year will be harder than this one though.

Code:
    Lowestoft progress

2012/13 - BSN - 1st
    2013/14 - BSP - 20th
    League Table

Squad

Youths

YP02 - He could make the step up to the first XI if we remain in the BSP for the foreseeable future.

No transfers

Amateur

Default Second season syndrome

Second season with FC United

League table - Managed to escape relegation by a single point, struggling all season but won our most important fixture, a six-pointer against relegation rivals Guiseley.

Very promising youth intake, three new guys in first team squad already. Brightest talent is Shane Taylor, welsh U19 international immedietaly, coach says he could become a good Championship defender.

No transfers

I hope for a mid-table finish next season, got 1,5 million in bank (pre-season friendly tournaments) but the board says we cannot afford to turn FC United to professional.

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON FOUR UPDATE - 2015/16

Season objectives - mid-table (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB South - 12th
    FA Cup - 4th qualifying round
    FA Trophy - 2nd round

Please with this season overall and the team is beginning to take shape. Could do with a few more goals in the team but improving the midfield and the chances they create rather than the strikers is the aim. I started really well and was top 8 most of the season but without really troubling the play-off spots. A poor run at the end saw us drop to 12th but as a whole a good season. Here is my overall best eleven over the four years so far.

No transfers of course.

This years youth intake didn't really bring the cb/rb's I was hoping for but Derek Ludlam (YP4) stands out this time.

__________________________________________________ _________

Season 5 objectives:

My expectation - top 10
    Board expectation - mid-table
    Media prdiction - 15th

This seasons squad has a bit more depth but not yet enough for promotion so I would be happy with top 10.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Strigo View Post
    I hope for a mid-table finish next season, got 1,5 million in bank (pre-season friendly tournaments) but the board says we cannot afford to turn FC United to professional.
    How do you set them up? I could do with some money for facilities.

Amateur

Set friendly type to Cup. Select a date and check Very Large Reputation teams. Decent Championship sides, top Scottish clubs or popular League 1 teams are all OK for a lucrative tournament. At least 3 of them needed to host a successful competition. For example, a Portsmouth-Sheffield United final is a sellout, gives you an attendance of 10k+ (depends on ground capacity), and a cup like this makes 300k income. If less than 3 good teams appearing, check next date, etc. Newcastle and Celtic were the biggest names to participate so far in my tournaments. Arrange these friendlies in early June when big teams have no scheduled fixtures yet, and try to find a parent club with big reputation, because they can't reject your friendly proposal (well, the first one per season). 5-6 friendly tournaments in July gives you about 1 million pounds what is just enough to improve basic facilities to fairly basic.

Part-Timer

Thanks mate thats awesome. Just wish I knew that four seasons ago. I normally play higher where pre-season is more about fitness. Can't wait for pre-season now.

Reserves

Set friendly type to Cup. Select a date and check Very Large Reputation teams. Decent Championship sides, top Scottish clubs or popular League 1 teams are all OK for a lucrative tournament. At least 3 of them needed to host a successful competition. For example, a Portsmouth-Sheffield United final is a sellout, gives you an attendance of 10k+ (depends on ground capacity), and a cup like this makes 300k income. If less than 3 good teams appearing, check next date, etc. Newcastle and Celtic were the biggest names to participate so far in my tournaments. Arrange these friendlies in early June when big teams have no scheduled fixtures yet, and try to find a parent club with big reputation, because they can't reject your friendly proposal (well, the first one per season). 5-6 friendly tournaments in July gives you about 1 million pounds what is just enough to improve basic facilities to fairly basic.
    Thanks for that tip mate! I've just been organising normal friendlies to make money, but this sounds much more lucrative.

Amateur

I don't know of any Pre Season mini tournaments like this that involve non league clubs.

I think this is cheating in a way, don't you agree?

Semi Pro

Exactly what i did when i was in the championship i had man city and man utd coming to my friendly tournaments sell out all the time

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    I don't know of any Pre Season mini tournaments like this that involve non league clubs.

I think this is cheating in a way, don't you agree?
    well normally you get about up to League one in non league i wouldn't say its cheating that's a bit harsh

Amateur

This extra money is used to buy facilites and pay for wages when in reality this would not happen

All my opinions of course and it's not something I have ever done

I love this challenge (I have never got out of the Blue Square North/South)

I feel by doing this it takes away part of the challenge and using a flaw in the game

Reserves

This extra money is used to buy facilites and pay for wages when in reality this would not happen

I feel by doing this it takes away part of the challenge and using a flaw in the game
    I dont look at it as cheating because the challenge is hard enough without stopping people from organising friendlies. May look at it for the next version though.

Part-Timer

Is this okay then? I don't think it is cheating personally but as long as the rules are the same for everybody then it doesn't matter anyway.

I live in a town with a club in lower leagues than ours who have faced Man Utd, Villa, Wolves, Coventry, Birmingham to name just a few. I don't think playing these sides is a problem but do sides like ours take part in tournaments?

If you rule against it poor old toonbalmy will have to start again

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by marty78 View Post
    Is this okay then? I don't think it is cheating personally but as long as the rules are the same for everybody then it doesn't matter anyway.

I live in a town with a club in lower leagues than ours who have faced Man Utd, Villa, Wolves, Coventry, Birmingham to name just a few. I don't think playing these sides is a problem but do sides like ours take part in tournaments?

If you rule against it poor old toonbalmy will have to start again
    I have no problem with it and do it myself. May ask how people think about changing this for the next version though.

Semi Pro

how can it be a flaw when obviously my local team darlington have played newcastle boro sunderland leeds etc..... while they have been in the BSP. in reality this would never happen in real life to be honest george reynolds said darlington would be in the Premiership in 10 years now look where they are... they dont even have a division at the moment.

Youth Team

I cant even get any big teams. Biggest i got was Barnsley which gave me 4k

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    I have no problem with it and do it myself. May ask how people think about changing this for the next version though.
    what do you mean changing what because you only can play the teams that come up anyways and you dont exactly get all the premier league teams to start of with anyways

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    I cant even get any big teams. Biggest i got was Barnsley which gave me 4k
    exactly you only get big teams when you get into the championship

Amateur

I dont look at it as cheating because the challenge is hard enough without stopping people from organising friendlies. May look at it for the next version though.
    Fair enough but I don't like using it and won't. The odd home friendly, yes, but tournaments so you can get gate receipts is unrealisticIt's so unreal and never happened in real life as far as I'm aware.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    how can it be a flaw when obviously my local team darlington have played newcastle boro sunderland leeds etc..... while they have been in the BSP. in reality this would never happen in real life to be honest george reynolds said darlington would be in the Premiership in 10 years now look where they are... they dont even have a division at the moment.
    Yes friendlies are fine and happen all the time. Stoke play non league Newcastle Town every summer. What doesnt happen is two random teams play at Newcastle Town and they receive the gate receipts.

Reserves

what do you mean changing what because you only can play the teams that come up anyways and you dont exactly get all the premier league teams to start of with anyways
    I just meant I would ask people whether they want organising money spinners to be against the rules in the next version (FM13). I am perfectly fine with people doing this in this challenge and I do it myself. I dont believe it takes away from anyones achievements either.

Amateur

I just meant I would ask people whether they want organising money spinners to be against the rules in the next version (FM13). I am perfectly fine with people doing this in this challenge and I do it myself. I dont believe it takes away from anyones achievements either.
    No it certainly doesn't take anything awayI don't want to upset anyone. It's just my opinion and how I play my save

Semi Pro

but obviously you only get money spinners when you get higher in the leagues i mean ill have a look at the teams i was getting when i was back in lower leagues all those years ago ;) i dont even play friendlys any more against big clubs i just play the small teams so they get alot more money i like to give back i know where my roots are or i let my assistant pick

Semi Pro

No it certainly doesn't take anything awayI don't want to upset anyone. It's just my opinion and how I play my save
    oh no im not getting upset i just dont see how its cheating its just making the most of a dire situation if someone offered you the chance to the win the lottery with the winning ticket would you take it or would you go for a lucky dip ;)

Semi Pro

Yes friendlies are fine and happen all the time. Stoke play non league Newcastle Town every summer. What doesnt happen is two random teams play at Newcastle Town and they receive the gate receipts.
    maybe if they ask nicely it might happen.

Reserves

Right lets get back on topic lads ;)

Semi Pro

Right lets get back on topic lads ;)
    aye got another update to do

FC Oss Researcher
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408

well I decided to let 1 high earner go as I got a take over 2 weeks after the season ended and the new chairman wants a safe mid table finish! Don't know if I will be able to achieve that

Part-Timer

Have just made a start to the 2014/15 season and have made a decent start although we have some obvious problems.

So scoring 3 goals in 5 of our 7 league games but also conceding 3 on a couple of occasions. Hopefully we can keep banging the goals in and shore up our defence, especially in the first 10 minutes, all four of our games. So far in the 6 games we've conceded in, 5 times we've given up a goal in the first 10 minutes!

On a different note, I'm chuffed with the way that Charnley (YP2c) has started his career with us.

6 goals & 4 assists in only 7 appearances is a great effort for such a young player.

Youth Team

Hard to see me avoiding relegation as things are, board put me in so much debt i've lost all my good players and struggling badly.

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON FIVE UPDATE 2016/17

Season objectives: Top 10 (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB South - 7th
    FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round
    FA Trophy - 2nd round

Well for most of the season I was sat in the play-off spots but once again we bottled it at the death. Really disappointed with the contribution of my strikers this year. Massive goal droughts are a nightmare when you don't have many other options. My two main strikers have less than 1 in 3. I have been trying to become more attacking with my tactics but the lack of pace in the side means we struggle badly when we open up. Defensively we are weak on paper but had the third best defense in the league which is promising. If I can add a few more goals we should do well.

No transfers.

Pleased with this years intake. Garry Beasant (YP5a) and Barry Bangura (YP5b) are looking good and adds some much needed pace to the attack. The development of Antonio Bengo (YP3b) has been the big plus this year and he is already the best player at the club. Hope I can keep him but may need promotion for that to happen. Some of the others have been poorer than I had hoped but they are young and I'm only releasing players with less than 3* PA just in case they blossom.

Season 6 objectives:

My expectation - play-offs
    Board expectation - Top-half finish
    Media prediction - 11th

Despite some frustrations I am still enjoying the challenge and am hoping another years experience will push the youngsters on. After checking through the squads of the better sides in the leagues my best players are still some way short in general. Realising that makes me feel better about taking my time for that first promotion. Promotion is a possiblity this year but we still might need a bit longer. A new 4-5-1 tactic is being tested pre-season so here is hoping I can make that work. Here is this years squad with all players with at least 1 1/2* current ability.
    Last edited by marty78; 16-05-2012 at 12:31.

Amateur

Third season with FC United

Above all expectations, 6th place in BSN after a roller-coaster with my best FA Cup run so far.
    Conceding way too many goals from set-pieces was the team's biggest problem, trying to fix that next season. Youth intake is not so bad (3 goalkeepers???), I'm thinking about participating in reserves league next season, there are so many youngsters in U19 squad. Brightest talent is Simon Barnes this year (a striker, finally), and Welsh wing-back Connor Evans looks useful for set-pieces.
    No transfers, trying to push for a playoff place in fourth season with 7-8 youngsters in starting eleven.

Part-Timer

Third season with FC United

Above all expectations, 6th place in BSN after a roller-coaster with my best FA Cup run so far.
    Conceding way too many goals from set-pieces was the team's biggest problem, trying to fix that next season. Youth intake is not so bad (3 goalkeepers???), I'm thinking about participating in reserves league next season, there are so many youngsters in U19 squad. Brightest talent is Simon Barnes this year (a striker, finally), and Welsh wing-back Connor Evans looks useful for set-pieces.
    No transfers, trying to push for a playoff place in fourth season with 7-8 youngsters in starting eleven.
    You've messed up all of your images. They are all appearing as thumbnails rather than the full images, so they are all too small to be able to read anything on.

Youth Team

Relegated in my 3rd season. Board really screwed me over with the new stadium. It put me so far in debt that i was unable to renew any of the contracts of my better older players. I then had no players who were ever 'good' BSS ability. The team leaked goals at the back and at the same time couldn't score, top goal scorer finished with 5 goals. Will be trying again.

Reserves

Relegated in my 3rd season. Board really screwed me over with the new stadium. It put me so far in debt that i was unable to renew any of the contracts of my better older players. I then had no players who were ever 'good' BSS ability. The team leaked goals at the back and at the same time couldn't score, top goal scorer finished with 5 goals. Will be trying again.
    Are going to go with someone a bit easier? It can be hard to get good players through with some teams.

Youth Team

Are going to go with someone a bit easier? It can be hard to get good players through with some teams.
    Ill see who comes through, i may well do. If it wasnt for the new stadium i'm sure i would have been able to get better players through though.

Youth Team

So this time i've picked Canvey Island, it was either them or Billericay and these had a bigger stadium. They are predicted 22nd so clearly gonna be a hard one, probably should have looked at the squad beforehand too. Its tiny!

Manager

Facilities
    Squad

Part-Timer

That squad is way too small Jack. You like it tough don't you.

Youth Team

That squad is way too small Jack. You like it tough don't you.
    I only have 2 proper CM's . To be honest, i didn't check it before i took over but i might as well roll with it now, see what happens.

Part-Timer

I only have 2 proper CM's . To be honest, i didn't check it before i took over but i might as well roll with it now, see what happens.
    In my first season I had about 18 players and hardly filled the subs bench all season. A few of them were in their thirties and declining aswell so pretty much had to rely on youth straight away. You will have to aswell. Have to admit I thought I may have bitten off more than I could chew but now my youngsters are getting there. Completed five seasons without reaching the play-offs yet though. Good luck mate, you are going to need it.;)

Youth Team

In my first season I had about 18 players and hardly filled the subs bench all season. A few of them were in their thirties and declining aswell so pretty much had to rely on youth straight away. You will have to aswell. Have to admit I thought I may have bitten off more than I could chew but now my youngsters are getting there. Completed five seasons without reaching the play-offs yet though. Good luck mate, you are going to need it.;)
    Yeah finding it much harder than i thought can't wait til March!

Edit: just went to load the game and it seems there's a problem with the save. I've re simmed a season and going with Chester this time, something easier
    Last edited by JackJCFC; 16-05-2012 at 21:29.

Reserves

just about to get my third intake.
    Last edited by ri916; 16-05-2012 at 21:33.

Amateur

Rubbish season yet again

November and January didn't win a single game,changed formation, changed tactics, nothing worked

My Youth Candidates were absolutely rubbish and I mean RUBBISH

One player with 5 stats PA

Code:
                   North Ferriby Youth Academy

-----------------------------------------------------------
     Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Other
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2012-13     BSN    18th   44     QUALS
    2013-14     BSN    19th   42      2nd
    2014-15     BSN    19th   37     QUALS
    2015-16     BSN    15th   47     QUALS
    2016-17     BSN    17th   39      1st
    2017-18     BSN    19th   38      1st

Part-Timer

North Ferriby looks very tough

Part-Timer

Yeah finding it much harder than i thought can't wait til March!

Edit: just went to load the game and it seems there's a problem with the save. I've re simmed a season and going with Chester this time, something easier
    Did you shut down your PC while saving as that will do it. My laptop occasionally overheats so I always have rolling weekly auto save on as I've been caught out before. Chester are professional aswell I think so training them youngsters will be better. With hindsight I would of picked Chester aswell but I liked the look of Kingstonians kit. Good luck.

Amateur

Update on my Chester game, second season and I have just had to ask the board for more time promising ill do better next season! That's if we don't get relegated!

Amateur

Lowestoft - BSP - 2014/15 & 2015/16

I'm really enjoying this challenge, so much so that I'm flying through the seasons! We haven't really made much progress in the BSP but we're holding our own, that's for sure. Renford Turner has really stepped up to the plate and could finding himself leading the Lowestoft line for many years to come. The last couple of seasons have followed the same trend; start the season well, have a terrible Christmas, pick ourselves backup until Easter and then fall away again after that. We've went from comfortable mid table at Easter to just a few points outside the relegation zone by the time the season ends, mostly down to a small squad size.

On the youth side I'm becoming extremely concerned by the lack of defenders coming through the system, especially now that a couple of the senior members decided not to renew their contracts and I'm chucking in players at the deep end who are quite clearly not ready for this level. If only I could play 5 goalkeepers, that's one area we're not short on! Hoping for another solid season this year, although lack of strength in depth will probably be our downfall yet again.

2015 Table

2016 Table

Best of the youths

Transfers

Transfers

Amateur

North Ferriby looks very tough
    It certainly is mate

Losing £15-20k a month, wage budget is only £1.6k

As soon as a player wants more than £200 a week I have to release them

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester

2014/15 Youth Intake

Paul Holmes (YP3a)

Rob Evans (YP3b)

David Hallworth (YP3c)

So 3 players that my assistant think could be useful first team members in the future, and all 3 will probably get some chances next season if only due to our small squad, although Hallworth will probably end up playing most as we are very weak in the middle of the pitch.
    Last edited by mack4life; 18-05-2012 at 11:20.

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON SIX UPDATE - 2017/18

Season objective - play-offs (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB South - 3rd LOST PLAYOFF FINAL ON PENALTIES:mad:
    FA Cup - 3rd qual
    FA Trophy - 3rd qual
    First International - Antonio Bengo (YP3) A very small nation but still.
    BSB South player of the year - Antonio Bengo (YP3) He is now earning £400 a week to try and keep him.

Gutted. Fantastic all season but just couldn't get over the line. The play-off final was a tight affair and feel unfortunate to have lost on penalties.
    Have finally got youth and training facilities being built though and junior coaching is now at excellent but can't increase youth network still. Lets hope I can go one step further this time.

No transfers.

Here is the youth intake but nothing great except for Biju Lansbury (YP6). Actually only offered 6 youth contracts as they rest were crap.

SEASON 7 EXPECTATIONS

My expectation - Play offs
    Board expectation - top half finish
    Media prediction - 12th

Only aiming for the play-offs again this year as I'm sure there will be a team coming down that is much stronger than me. Really hoping one of my young strikers can take off to grab those goals in tight games as thats what I think I am still missing. If that happens I could even win the league. Problems with some contracts though. Players want new contracts but won't listen to offers? I have lost my experienced left back and captain because of this now and I'm not amused. I have just one left back at the club now.

Youth Team

Computer crashed, replayed a game i won. Lost it now morale has crashed and i cant get it back up again. 10 games without a win :mad:

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester

2014/15 Season Review

Competitions

League Table - Past Positions
    So after making it into the playoffs last season I expected to repeat that feat this year too and the team didn't disappoint. After the first few weeks we only once dropped out of the top 6 and never really looked like missing out on a playoff spot, although our season was a bit mixed, we scored far more goals but out defense looked much less solid than last year.
    Playoff Semi-Final Leg 1 - Playoff Semi-Final Leg 2 - Playoff Final
    So, after making the playoffs we first had to beat Chester, who defeated us in both league meetings, so I knew it would be tricky. In the away leg we were played off the park but thanks to some great saves by Houghton (YP2a) we kept ourselves in the game and a couple of great counter attacking goals gave us the lead for the return leg. After our struggles in the first leg the second was a completely different story. We really took the game to Chester and should have won by several goals, but too much poor finishing meant the the second half was very nervy as we just couldn't put the game to bed but luckily we managed to keep Chester at bay and had done enough to proceed through to the final. So the final team standing between us and promotion was Cambridge, who we only took a single point from in the league, and we were playing them away so I was very nervous. As it turned out though I had nothing to worry about. The team really put everything into the game and we never looked like losing right from the kickoff. BSP here we come!

FA Cup - FA Trophy
    So the usual crap in the FA Cup and we didn't get as far as I would have liked in the FA Trophy although the win over BSP Accrington was a high point.

Players

Squad

(YP1a) Tony Webb
    Code:
    Season	Apps	Gls	Ast	MoM	Avg
    --------------------------------------------
    2012/13	  8 	 2 	 1 	 0 	6.93
    2013/14	31(3)	 14	 10	 4	7.14
    2014/15 39(2)	 22	 26	 12	7.41
    (YP1b) Wayne Meredith
    Code:
    2012/13	  0 	 0 	 0 	 0 	N/A
    2013/14	11(16)	 0	 1	 2	6.77
    2014/15 18(20)	 3	 0	 1	6.73
    (YP1c) Jeff Stephens
    Code:
    2012/13	4(2)	 0 	 1 	 0 	6.84
    2013/14 11(19)	 7	 1	 2	6.78
    2014/15 3(29)	 5	 1	 0	6.82
    (YP2a) Martin Houghton
    Code:
    Season	Apps	Conc	Cln	MoM	Avg
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2014/15	  12	 11	 5	 0	6.78
    (YP2b) Danny Robinson
    Code:
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2014/15	  46	 6	 2	 5	7.14
    (YP2c) Phillip Charnley
    Code:
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    2014/15	43(6)	 19	 11	 4	7.10
    (YP3a) Paul Holmes
    Code:
    2014/15	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP3b) Rob Evans
    Code:
    Season	Apps	Conc	Cln	MoM	Avg
    2014/15	  0	  0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP3c) David Hallworth
    Code:
    2014/15	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    So, a good season for my youngsters this year. Webb had an amazing season and was devastating both upfront and on the right wing, really proving himself able to find the net or turn provider with equal ease. From the rest of year 1's intake Meredith didn't do that well but our defense as a whole was struggling so I can't really hold it against him, and Stephens dropped right down the pecking order and was almost always restricted to just the final 10 or 15 minutes and so never got a chance to show what he could do.
    Year 2's intake was even more pleasing. Houghton only really broke into the team towards the end of the season but put in some great performances to help us in our push for promotion, while Robinson and Charnley both went straight into the first team from day 1. Robsinson was easily our best defender this year despite his age and showed the kind of talent that I was hoping for. Charnley also got more chances than I thought he would, although of his 43 starts only about 20 of them were upfront and he was often forced slightly out of position into an AMC role, however he coped pretty well with this and hopefully he can develop into a versatile attacking player who can be useful in either position.
    As with last year, the current season's intake didn't get a chance in the team as I didn't want to unsettle anything towards the end of the year.

Summary

So, after the disappointment of last year I'm chuffed that we managed to secure promotion this year although I think that we could struggle next year. I'm confident that our attack can cope with the BSP although I am quite worried about how our defense will handle the step up.

Club History

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Season	League	POS	PTS	FA Cup	League Cup	Other
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13	BSN	13th	57	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd
    2013/14	BSN	5th	71	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd, Playoff Semi-Finals
    2014/15	BSN	3rd	72	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 2nd Rnd, Promoted Via Playoffs
    Last edited by mack4life; 18-05-2012 at 11:20.

Youth Team

Great season, Webb's pace destroyed the league!

Part-Timer

Charnley didn't exactly do too badly either. He only started 26 games upfront and I believe that he scored 17 goals from those games, so not too shabby for a 16 year old!

Amateur

What does all the YP after the names mean? is it youth product followed by what order you signed them in or somethin?

Reserves

YP= Youth Player Number= order they came through, so in season 1 you will have a YP01 but you could have 2 good players and then you would have a YP02 as well. So next season the next good player through would be YP03.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by aldojags View Post
    What does all the YP after the names mean? is it youth product followed by what order you signed them in or somethin?
    I use a bit of a weird system in my game, I nickname all of my players, for example if you look at Stephens:

The (YP1c) before his name means he is one of my youth products, from year 1, and he is the 3rd of the 3 players I have chosen from that years intake.
    Then the (ST3/ML4/MR4) after his name tells me that he is my 3rd choice striker and 4th choice on both the left & right wing.

I do it this way because I find that it makes it much easier to pick the strongest team available to me for any match without having to mess around. I do this at the start of each season and for any players aged 19 or under I check them in January to see if any improvements have seen them move up the pecking order.

Amateur

Ah I see, that's some good organisation!

Part-Timer

Less organisation, more OCD!

Amateur

Looks like I'm going to fail again!!

Currently 2nd from bottom 6 points from safety and with only 6 games to go

Amateur

Lowestoft - BSP - 2016/17

Same old story for us in the BSP, a decent first XI but devoid of any real quality in the defence or midfield, and with little to no backup in pretty much all departments this was a bit of a struggle of a season. On the bright side, we did survive but we're making no progress in this league whatsoever, and as the league table shows you can clearly see where our problems lie.

This is a problem further compounded by the game producing no decent defenders! We only play with one up front and in a couple of years time we'll have 4 or 5 very competent strikers for this level, with a further 3 right wingers. Some decent prospects this year from the youth candidates but the lack of defenders will certainly mean another struggle against relegation next season.

The senior squad is beginning to develop some depth after a season of transition, and it's promising to see half of the first XI have come through the ranks of the club and are holding their own at this level. With some luck we may be able to push for the play-offs in a couple of seasons, but for now we're happy just to be here.

And to confirm no cheating - Transfers

Amateur

Default Above all expectations

Fourth season with FC United was a breakthrough. Head-to-head race with a very strong Cambridge United all season for 1st place. Credit to Worcester City, they beaten Cambridge (5-1 away!) so our 3-0 victory on the very last day was enough to clinch the title. League table. 90 points - not bad from the youngest squad in the league. Our star player is Shane Taylor, a big and strong lad who can also score from set-pieces. At 18, he is already a welsh U21 regular, but after scouting him, Wales Manager called him up to national team (unused substitute against Russia). He is also wanted by Championship teams Portsmouth and Swansea, worth 150k but my asking price is 750k. He just signed a new 3-year contract, 1000 quid per week (1400 after his first international cap). BSN Player of the year as well.
    Other star player is 16 year old striker Simon Barnes, top scorer of the league with 22.
    Youth intake looks good, investing in junior coaching was a good business, I can throw 2-3 youngsters straight into the first team (Steven Cribley is one of them). Hopefully I can get some wingers next year, our reliable and decent wide men retiring or leaving the club. However, most promising young players are defenders again, so I have 5 excellent central defenders to choose from.
    I have been voted as Manager of the year, League 2 sides Brentford and Wimbledon approached me after this successful campaign.
    No transfers of course, but spent about 12k on a goalkeeping coach.
    Can't wait for Blue Square Premier next season, media prediction is 24th place, board expectation is to avoid relegation, I hope we can survive.
    Awesome challenge, best way to learn about youth development, hats off to Ri916!

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 7 UPDATE - 2018/19

Season objectives - play-offs (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB South - 1st PROMOTED AS CHAMPIONS
    FA Cup -3rd qualifying round
    FA Trophy - 3rd round

After last years penalty shootout heartache we responded magnificently. It was worth missing out last year to bring the first trophy home. We started well and were top all season in what was a very satisfying season. A mid-season injury setback meant I had to play Garry Beasant (YP5a) in midfield for about two months and if I hadn't he may well have been top scorer in the league. He managed about a goal a game as a striker and was instrumental in this years success. Finally managed to increase youth network aswell so bring on the BSB premier. I have also, to my surprise, had yet another junior coaching upgrade and am now at exceptional. I didn't even have to beg they said yes straight away.

No transfers.

In my enthusiasm for my title challenge I forgot about this years intake but here is the best. Paulin Ochieng (YP7a) and Frank McBride (YP7b)

Season 8 objectives:

My expectation - Avoid relegation
    Board expectation - Avoid relegation
    Media prediction - 24th

Just want to survive this year and it will be interesting to see how the players handle the step up. This years squad.
    Last edited by marty78; 18-05-2012 at 19:11.

Reserves

well done marty mate! Fantastic promotion.

Part-Timer

well done marty mate! Fantastic promotion.
    Thanks mate, it only took me 7 years;) Look competitive so far in the BSB Premier aswell, early days though.

Semi Pro

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 7 UPDATE - 2018/19

Season objectives - play-offs (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB South - 1st PROMOTED AS CHAMPIONS
    FA Cup -3rd qualifying round
    FA Trophy - 3rd round

After last years penalty shootout heartache we responded magnificently. It was worth missing out last year to bring the first trophy home. We started well and were top all season in what was a very satisfying season. A mid-season injury setback meant I had to play Garry Beasant (YP5a) in midfield for about two months and if I hadn't he may well have been top scorer in the league. He managed about a goal a game as a striker and was instrumental in this years success. Finally managed to increase youth network aswell so bring on the BSB premier. I have also, to my surprise, had yet another junior coaching upgrade and am now at exceptional. I didn't even have to beg they said yes straight away.

No transfers.

In my enthusiasm for my title challenge I forgot about this years intake but here is the best. Paulin Ochieng (YP7a) and Frank McBride (YP7b)

Season 8 objectives:

My expectation - Avoid relegation
    Board expectation - Avoid relegation
    Media prediction - 24th

Just want to survive this year and it will be interesting to see how the players handle the step up. This years squad.
    Well done on reaching the promise land now you have a decent squad behind you should be able to kick on and start getting up the leagues

Semi Pro

iv got a history pic for one of my YP Guys my assman said he would a good league one player but he started playing in BSP and he played about 13 season in the PL he was a beast

Part-Timer

Well done on reaching the promise land now you have a decent squad behind you should be able to kick on and start getting up the leagues
    Thanks mate. Look good and am top scorers and joint top after 14 games. Relegation is not a worry and am looking at a potential play-off place if I can keep everyone fit. Here is my league table so far and here are my results. The only problem might be how we deal with a bad patch. My next match is away to league leaders Nuneaton so a tough one.

Beat Nuneaton to go top.
    Last edited by marty78; 19-05-2012 at 09:28.

Reserves

Default St Albans Season 3- 2014-2015

Targets for this season:

- Push for the playoffs- No, we had a pretty average league season

- Upgrade junior coaching+ something else- YES, junior coaching improved and youth facilities will be completed in October.

Finances- We’re 850k in the bank thanks to some tournaments and friendlies.

Facilities
    - We managed to improve junior coaching again to average and youth facilities will be improved at the start of next season.

League Table
    - Back down to 14
    th but this season was experimental with a tactical change and I gave up when we were not going to make play-offs

Squad
    – The goals were shared around this year with Paul Heaton still shading it. Player of theseason has to go to Anton Blackwood though as he claimed 5 MOM’s and grabbed 4 goals.

Tagged Prospects

Bradie Andrew YP03
    -A player with good potential and he is a CB. I’m getting a lot of defensive players through and the only attacking player with 5 stars PA I’ve had was a winger and I don’t use them in my formation.

Joe Ballard YP04
    -another ball winning CM coming through, and he has decent potential.

Transfers
    - I’m clean!

YP Watch

Ollie Clunan YP01- He has played every game this season and improved well.

Luke Phillips YP02
    -Has improved despite a lack of games and now has 5 stars PA.

Targets for next season

-
    Getting into the playoffs

- Improving junior coaching + something else.

Code:
      Season       League           Position            Achievements                 Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
     -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                        
      2012/13       BSS               16th               Staying up                    Sakho Bakare (12)           Paul Heaton    
      2013/14       BSS               12th               Improving                      Paul Heaton (15)           Sean Shields
      2014/15       BSS               14th                 None                         Paul Heaton (11)         Anton Blackwood
    Last edited by ri916; 19-05-2012 at 12:29.

Part-Timer

Good luck with the promotion push ri916.

Reserves

Good luck with the promotion push ri916.
    cheers, junior coaching is up to good now

Amateur

Just had my youth intake nothing special again but atm my main concern is relegation. We are 20th with 8 games to go and a very tough run in.

Amateur

Sorry for the double post but I played some more... How tense is this?
    My final game is vs FC UNITED away.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Sorry for the double post but I played some more... How tense is this?
    My final game is vs FC UNITED away.
    very tense. unless you lost your game before FC United and they won then that will be the decider.

Amateur

very tense. unless you lost your game before FC United and they won then that will be the decider.
    Yup, we ended loosing both and getting relegated
    Oh well I had a great time and will restart although I will definitely do it as Chester/FC United/ Carshalton as even had I stayed up it would have taken me a looooong time to get out of the BSN. Anyway I'll better get holidaying!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Yup, we ended loosing both and getting relegated
    Oh well I had a great time and will restart although I will definitely do it as Chester/FC United/ Carshalton as even had I stayed up it would have taken me a looooong time to get out of the BSN. Anyway I'll better get holidaying!
    Better luck next time. I'd go with Chester if I started again as they have professional status which means full time training.

Youth Team

Right, i'm giving this another go with Cambridge City. Wasnt really interested in being Chester.

Reserves

Right, i'm giving this another go with Cambridge City. Wasnt really interested in being Chester.
    understandable. chester are to easy imo

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON EIGHT UPDATE 2019/20

Season objective: Avoid relegation (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB Premier - 1st Promoted as champions
    FA Cup - 1st round
    FA Trophy - 3rd round

What a season. Fully deserved to win the league and did it with games to spare. We broke all sorts of club records and Garry Beasant (YP5a) won the golden boot. He now has 57 league goals in 100 apps. I just hope that if I get relegated I don't get sacked. Saying that I think that considering our dominance this year we should be ok.

No transfers.

This years intake has two worth a mention but nothing spectacular. They are Leon Kemp (YP8a) and Nick Gordon (YP8b)

Season 9 objectives:

My expectation - avoid relegation
    Board expectation - avoid relegation
    Media prediction - 24th

Hopefully it isn't too much too soon. Am pretty confident though.
    Last edited by marty78; 19-05-2012 at 23:16.

Semi Pro

2038-39 Carshalton Atheltic : World Champs

League Table
    Well not the season i was hoping for but oh well 3rd place and in the Champions League

My New Assman

Player Stats

Squad

Transfers

Finances

New Stadium - Cheeky B***erds

Key Players

Djuma

Rothwell

Thorn

The Legend that is Doe History
    The Legend that is Doe Biography

World Club Cup - Winners

Rich List

FA Cup - Swindon 6th Round

League Cup - Reading 3rd Round

Champions League - FC Porto Qtr Final beat them 5-1 at home but still wasnt enough they went through on away Goals

Youth Intake

YP08

YP11

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

YP19

Youth Intake

U18s

Next years objective : Win League & Champions League
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 21-05-2012 at 21:35.

Banned

Got a little bit of time on my hands after cutting short my night out, so thought i'd play my Chester save Just won our first game in 4 after a loss and 2 draws against opponents we were expected to beat, with Christian Walsh smashing in 6 goals!

L1: Notts County 1 - 6 Chester (Walsh x6)

JPT N Final: Carlisle 0 - 2 Chester (Walsh & Smart)

L1: Watford 2 - 6 Chester (Smart x3, Wood, Own Goal x2)

So an amazing start on my come back to this amazing challenge! Next up is Everton in the FA Cup 4th Round!

Banned

@Toonbalmy87, that is amazingly unlucky in the Champions League against Porto! You would never think about not going through to the Semi's after a 5 - 1 victory...

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    @Toonbalmy87, that is amazingly unlucky in the Champions League against Porto! You would never think about not going through to the Semi's after a 5 - 1 victory...
    yeah to say i was a lil pishtoff was an understatement good luck with rest of the season TM and that Walsh looks like he will be a legend for you

Banned

yeah to say i was a lil pishtoff was an understatement good luck with rest of the season TM and that Walsh looks like he will be a legend for you
    38 goals to date and it's January, so I fully agree Best of luck for your challenge in the Prem and Champions League!
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 20-05-2012 at 01:53.

Banned

I think this year is our year for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy after knocking out League 2 opposition Carlisle who never posed much of a threat, winning 4 - 1 on aggregate (2-0 & 2-1). We have a slightly tough game coming up in the Final against Charlton but if you take a look at this, you will understand why i'm confident

I'm Really Confident!

Reserves

TM- good to see you back mate . A great start to your comeback as you said.

Toon- That must have been disappointing going out in the quarters and coming 3rd. but you have to remember that your performances rely on players not retiring and getting good intakes, whereas the other clubs can just dip into the transfer market.

Just had the youth facilities go through. Unfortunately I didn't realise that if the current facilities were rented, then the next upgrade would be building facilities that we own. So I now have minimal youth facilities . It doesnt really matter at the moment because they go straight into the first team if they have decent potential.
    Last edited by ri916; 20-05-2012 at 07:47.

Banned

Have you not updated the Hall Of Fame for a while? I'm suprised Toon or Drew don't have any of those empty ones...

Banned

Just been dealt a huge blow with Joe Crossley at right back picking up Damaged Achilles Tendon 3 months on the sidelines... Hopefully fan favourite bit part player Bilal Butt can step up to the plate! Christian Walsh is on a frenzy right now aswell, scoring as he sees fit!

Reserves

Have you not updated the Hall Of Fame for a while? I'm suprised Toon or Drew don't have any of those empty ones...
    I've been updating the cup wins and toons completion ect. but the other ones havent been updated due to noone trying to enter things. Drew hasnt been around for ages and I'm not sure whats happened to braumiller either. He also had a son if you havent noticed!

Reserves

:mad: just made the fatal mistake of not sending a no hope youth player home who had flu and now it's majorly backfired! My starting striker Paul Heaton is out for two weeks with a virus.

Reserves

It's been nearly 4 years in coming, but I have just had my first goal from a YP tagged player!

edit: and two games later another different tagged player scores
    Last edited by ri916; 20-05-2012 at 12:40.

Part-Timer

It's been nearly 4 years in coming, but I have just had my first goal from a YP tagged player!
    Bloody hell I only had a couple of original players left after four years. They kept asking for silly contracts for me. I buckled on a couple of contracts because they were excellent tutors but most were released early. They were asking for £350 a week out of a £2500 budget. On yer bike.

Banned

:mad: just made the fatal mistake of not sending a no hope youth player home who had flu and now it's majorly backfired! My starting striker Paul Heaton is out for two weeks with a virus.
    I always send them home no matter who they are

Amateur

I see I haven't updated since season 3 :S well here we go then just a quick one:

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...on_General.png
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...Facilities.png

Past positions: http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...mpetitions.png

Honours: http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...etitions-2.png

Transfers: http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m..._History-6.png
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m..._History-7.png
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m..._History-8.png
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m..._History-9.png
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...History-10.png
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...History-11.png
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...History-12.png
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...History-13.png

Best Players:
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...Attributes.png
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...tributes-4.png
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...tributes-2.png

YP stands for youth prospect, SP stands for Slight Prospect, SYP stands for special youth prospect.

Neil Ward is the best prospect by far, problem is he is VERY injury prone. Might look to sell him on for lots of money when I have a replacement!

Gus Navarro's epic career:
    http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...areerStats.png

He somehow still succeeds at any level!

10 seasons, Championship.

Banned

@ Stothy, well done so far on reaching the Championship! Great achievement

Banned

Video's and 100 League Goals Entry

I was going to wait untill the end of the season to post this, but Christian Walsh has just picked up the most unlucky injury... He will miss the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final and probably the rest of the season He's only ever been injured 3 times previous to this for a total of 16 days overall! (I wish I could say the same about fellow striker Gary Beckford!) This guy doesn't have the potential to go much further unfortunately (according to the coaching staff), but no matter because this has been an amazing youth player.

Christian Walsh Entry For 100 Goals

Video - Must See

First off is an extremely unlucky moment for us, but despite conceding, we still went on to win the game!

Next up is Goal Of The Month and possibly Goal Of The Year from Centre Back Ryan James!

Amateur

@ Stothy, well done so far on reaching the Championship! Great achievement
    Thanks mate! Nice goal from your CB too!

On another note, Gus Navarro for 100 and 200 league goals ;)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stothy View Post
    Thanks mate! Nice goal from your CB too!

On another note, Gus Navarro for 100 and 200 league goals ;)
    What a legend! Shame you didn't use him from day one

Amateur

What a legend! Shame you didn't use him from day one
    My Ass man actually said he only had 3 star potential in BSN! So that's why I never used him :P But still banging them in in the Championship! Neil Ward more so, but Navarro is still going! Navarro is just like Gomez, Physical but not technically gifted!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast