+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,800 of 2422

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Braumiller View Post
    Yikes.
    I submitted the tactic I have used for the past 3-5 seasons in my Weymouth games (I forget when I started using it) to this great challenge thread and it did horrendously (post #77)

Makes me wonder if it (well, if I) am holding back our progress at all with using it......
    You've been in the championship/ league 1 in the last 5 seasons have you not? Just saying, the NI second division is probably slightly shorter on quality than the championship so I wouldnt read to much into it . Plus anyone who gets to the EPL youth only is pretty decent at FM imo.

Amateur

starting to get quite annoyed with contracts now about 4 or my players are out of contract at the end of the season (more than 4 are, but 4 i defo want to keep). From the start of the season if i try to offer a contract they wont discuss. Yet every few weeks same players are either saying they are unhappy as they want an improved contract, or coming to me for a private chat for a new contract! So i tell tehm one will be offered, and yet still no interst

Gonna lose 4 of my decent players to this However on the plus side had my best youth come through ever...........

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo98 View Post
    starting to get quite annoyed with contracts now about 4 or my players are out of contract at the end of the season (more than 4 are, but 4 i defo want to keep). From the start of the season if i try to offer a contract they wont discuss. Yet every few weeks same players are either saying they are unhappy as they want an improved contract, or coming to me for a private chat for a new contract! So i tell tehm one will be offered, and yet still no interst

Gonna lose 4 of my decent players to this However on the plus side had my best youth come through ever...........
    Also have assistant renew contracts on, they seem to be able to talk to anyone!

Amateur

I tell a lie, I'm stuck in league 2!

Amateur

March Update:

Its amazing how long your season can feel when you constantly don't have enough players to make a decent XI.

Finally some much needed depth is going to be added to the squad with my first youth intake

I have been doing ok ish in the league started off really well and was in the top 3 for a while, the squad soon became fatigued and morale has dropped with results going the same way of late. Currently 12th i'm hoping the new youth intake will revitalise the squad and we can get back into the top 6.

I'v been lucky enough to get a youngster with 5 stars CA, here he is..

Stelios Giannitopoulos YP1

Let me know what you think of him, and how you think i should develop him.

Semi Pro

Can you tell whos the force behind england

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    Can you tell whos the force behind england
    Nice
    Just got my first full England international cap, very proud

How many caps have some of your guys amassed now?
    I would imagine that when some of your guys who hit their stride early on are in their late 20s / early 30s they are going to be knocking on the door of some England international records.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    You've been in the championship/ league 1 in the last 5 seasons have you not? Just saying, the NI second division is probably slightly shorter on quality than the championship so I wouldnt read to much into it . Plus anyone who gets to the EPL youth only is pretty decent at FM imo.
    wonder how mine will do

Semi Pro

International caps for 1st team

my overall squad appearances
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 11-05-2012 at 11:25.

Reserves

Toon- Thats enough bragging for today

Reserves

Have any of you posted in Ackter's thread in here? Reckon Toon would be close to beeating him tbh.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Have any of you posted in Ackter's thread in here? Reckon Toon would be close to beeating him tbh.
    i did before but cant quite remember what the thread is called

Amateur

Guys, I am going to make a comback tonight!

Will let you know what team I pick later

Toon, simply superb mate. You are giving me the inspiration to start again

Semi Pro

Found it

Amateur

About to start season 6 and i am down to 3 players over the age of 20 in my entire squad! Those are the only 3 non youth products (From the original FC Utd squad) and are Spence, Wolfenden and Stott.

Part-Timer

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 13 (2024-25)

First season in the Premier League and the only goal of the year was survival! The season started off as expected and points were very hard to come by and at the halfway point of the season I had played 19 games and gained 18 points. This was just about right on target as I wanted the magical 40 points.
    As the new year kicked in and we began our reverse fixtures it became clear that the battling bunch of young men I began the year with had grown into a solid, tough unit and results greatly improved. 31 points came from the 2nd half fixtures which meant safety was achieved with 5 games to go and we could breath. Especially my new youth players who began to get appearances to help kick start their careers.
    When all is said and done, a 10th place finish was above my wildest dreams and we essentially finished 2nd in the Premier League B. Even if I had gained 31 pts in both halves of the season, I would only have jumped 1 place!
    The Premier League A is going to be a tough party to gatecrash.

Final League Table

Quarter Finals of both cups was pleasing and I believe helped in developing both the players and the squad morale. Both QF appearances are the furthest in each competition to date for us.

Key moments of the season;

Rob Neal offered back to me - sold him for 975k several years ago
    Sam Bryant offered back to me - damn your rules ri916 for not letting me bring back the legend
    John Bridge (YP 11a) gains a fantastic description!
    New League Appearances Record
    3 Called Up To England Squad
    First Full England Cap for Weymouth Player
    2nd Place In Premier League Manager of the Year Award

For a combined 9.5m the board agree to use the crazy Premier League TV revenue to expand both the training and youth facilities! They also agree to a rare youth recruitment upgrade (now listed as 'average').
    I had 2 separate requests for a stadium expansion turned down, which made this news item at the end of the year even more surprising. This will put our capacity up to just short of 24k.

2025 Facilities - December 2025 is a huge month for us with completions due to training facility, youth facility and stadium expansion!

Youth Intake
    Chris Hall (YP 13a) || Profile || Report || has bags of potential according to my coaching staff, but looks a little raw right now. I was able to give him some games at the end of the year and he played better than I thought he would. Will be giving him as much time as I can next season as long as it doesn't affect survival fight.

Transfers!

Targets for Season 14;
    * Replicate season 13. Safety with an eye on mid table. Good cup runs to compliment the season.
    Last edited by Braumiller; 11-05-2012 at 13:38. Reason: fixed england cap image link

Part-Timer

And if I was under any illusions season 2 in the Premier League would be any easier, then the fixture list decided to make sure I start off near the bottom.
    Tin foil hat time for my supporters, there is a conspiracy against Weymouth!!

First 5 league games are against decent teams..... All finished within the top 7 last year.

There will be a league cup game scheduled in there somewhere as well, presuming it will be a Prem team away.....

Amateur

I'm really regretting right now choosing Hednesford

Lurker

I've decided to take charge of St. Albans.

Expectations
    Facilities
    Current Squad (Decent size)
    Finances
    Backroom staff

Seems decent overall. I think I should be able to stay up but, I'll just wait and see.

(Not too late yet?)

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON ONE UPDATE - 2012/13

Manager - Martyn James (Runner-up Manager of the Season)

Season objective - Avoid relegation (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB South - 14th
    FA Cup -1st round
    FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round

I started the season with some money making friendlies in the hope of getting some season one upgrades but my board refused all requests throughout the season. I got a couple of decents results early on but my squad was tiny and very quickly I found myself going into matches with just one or two substitutes and those players available were often tired. Despite a few dodgy runs of form, morale remained high and that was key to survival. 14th in the league probably flattered us a bit with a late run of results boosting my position. Here are my end of season fixtures. This is a difficult challenge and with no transfers I think promotion will be a five year plan.

As you will see no TRANSFERS were made and the only staff I added was a scout for next opposition assignment.

Finally my youth intake arrived and I had enough players for a football club. The best of these is Kelvin Gough (YP1) who has already made an impact in the first team due to a lack of strikers. He looks promising and his first goal was a 25 yard beauty. He is currently being tutored by Traynor who was last seasons top scorer so fingers crossed. EDIT - Gough has increased determination from 8 to 13 whilst being tutored.

Season 2

My expectations - Better last seasons 14th place and get some sort of facility upgrade.
    Media prediction - 17th
    Board expectation - Consolidate

Here is my first team squad for the new season. I am going to try and better 14th but I think that may be tough.

EDIT - August 1st board increase junior coaching.
    Last edited by marty78; 11-05-2012 at 19:06.

Semi Pro

Coming up the biggest game of my Career

Part-Timer

I have never had such a big increase in determination from one tutoring session before. Check this out. The two players are playing up front as a partnership, I wonder if that helps?
    Last edited by marty78; 11-05-2012 at 20:47.

Amateur

As promised, I'm back

North Ferriby

F
    acilities are awful as expected

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    As promised, I'm back

North Ferriby

F
    acilities are awful as expected
    good luck padders

Semi Pro

Line Ups

Match Report

Carshalton Kick Off

1 Min Nicholls gets in behind the defender who has his back to goal dispossess him and shoots GOAL!!!

6 Mins Djuma with the ball plays a one two with Burt hes at the byline trys to cross but a defender gets a last ditch tackle Corner

9 Mins (PSG) Richards with the shot tries to bend it into the top corner and just wide

13Mins PSG Goalkeeper saves a shot and palms it out harms way but Burt is there to pounce and shoots GOALLLLLL!!!!

Carshalton 2 - 0 PSG

21Mins Patel trys and out swinging Corner YP14 gets above his marker and its 6 points to Wigan someone has a nice souvenir in the car park

23Mins Free Kick Burt With the Free Kick and the Keeper Manages to get a hand t the ball Corner

28 Mins PSG with a Corner What a waste over everybody's heads

37 Mins Djuma strikes it from distance Keeper gets down low and tips it onto the post

43 Mins Patel is tripped in a Dangerous Position (Card) Burt lines up the Free Kick smashes it towards goal and it tips the top of the bar unlucky

45+2 Jeanjean (weird name i know) plays a pin point pass to Santos has found some space he shoots low GOALLLL!!!!

Carshalton 2 - 1 PSG

Squeaky Bum time now for Carshalton

Half Time

55 Mins Santos with the free Kick guides it towards Carmona who heads it its going in the top corner and OHHHHH!! what a save by McAllister the old man still has a spring in his step what a save

71Min Carmona Jinxed past Kelleher trys his luck from an angle McAllister is equal to the shot and deflects it clear

82 Min Patel running with the ball passes to passes to Burt who takes it round a Midfielder and lets off a Vicious Shot head towards top corner but wide ohhh that could of settled this game

86 Mins The Carshalton players looking like they are trying to kill the game off with quick passes around the team Patel plays Nicholls through down the right wing who then heads for the corner flag to hold it up but crosses it for Thorn but the Goalie got there first does a quick throw which his player werent ready for and goes out for a throw in Kershaw knocks it into the corner and "whistle goes for full time" Carshalton are Champions league winners

Match Stats

Highlights
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 11-05-2012 at 23:19.

Reserves

^well? Dont leave us in suspense....

Amateur

Yes,come on!

Unless you are playing the Final on the slowest match speed

Reserves

now that was just cruel toon . Or maybe he lost and hasnt finished crying yet

Semi Pro

now that was just cruel toon . Or maybe he lost and hasnt finished crying yet
    ]

i am doing a match report and play Pro Evo online at the same time

Semi Pro

All done now. time to do the Season update

Amateur

Season 2012-2013

Summary

Media Prediction 8th
    Final Position 14th

League Table

We got off to a flier winning 7 out of the first 10 league games! But after a while the lack of depth started to catch up and a few injuries, and a few bad results and the team starts to meltdown without a win in the next 10 games.
    March came and I was hoping the youth intake would be a shot in the arm and we could turn things around and get back on track for the final run in of the season, but I was unable to stop the rot and ended up finishing a rather disappointing 14th.

During the season i managed to funnel some more finances towards junior coaching, but was unable to convince the board to upgrade the facilities.

Youth Intake

Stelios Giannitopoulos YP1
    Already one of the best players at the club, and in such a much needed area made this him a very welcome addition. He ended up playing 7 games scoring once, and i have very high hopes for him next season.

Targets

- Playoff Finish
    - Develop new youth players into first team regulars

FC Oss Researcher
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408

excellent work toon, hat well and truly off to you.

Anyone having the issue of players asking for new contracts, you say you will offer one but they wont enter into talks?

Part-Timer

Congrats toon, fantastic job!

La Furia Roja, I did back in my earlier seasons. I believe some eventually signed, but I sold some off in the January window to cash in and fund facility upgrades. Hurts short term, but long term you have better facilities and more positions for the youth to play in and progress.

FC Oss Researcher

problem is that most are young kids that have come through, like 18yo, really want to try and keep them if I can. I don't like putting them on long term deals in case they don't develop well

Reserves

Toon- Well done mate! You've completed the challenge! congratulations. What do you think you'll do now?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Doh5678 View Post
    I've decided to take charge of St. Albans.

Expectations
    Facilities
    Current Squad (Decent size)
    Finances
    Backroom staff

Seems decent overall. I think I should be able to stay up but, I'll just wait and see.

(Not too late yet?)
    please refer to the opening post to answer your question

Reserves

so far so good with St Albans. Just finished my second season so should get the update up soon.

Reserves

St Albans- Season 2-2013-2014

Targets for this season:

Improve on league position- YES

Improve finances- YES

Improve Facilities- YES- Improved junior coaching

Finances-
    We’re in the black after some preseason friendlies but we really need to improve it further.

Facilities- We managed to improve junior coaching again and it’s now at adequate.

League Table- A much Improved season for us going up 4 places to 12th from last year’s 16th place finish.

Squad
    – Paul Heaton gets top goal scorer due to playing less games, but my player of the season goes to Sean Shields for his 14 assists.

Luke Phillips YP02-
    Not the greatest prospect but I had to give it to someone

Transfers- I’m clean!

YP Watch

Ollie Clunan YP01- He has played every game this season and improved well.

Targets for next season

-Push for the playoffs

- Upgrade junior coaching + something else

Code:
      Season       League           Position            Achievements                 Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
     -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                        
      2012/13       BSS               16th               Staying up                    Sakho Bakare (12)           Paul Heaton    
      2013/14       BSS               12th               Improving                      Paul Heaton (15)           Sean Shields

Amateur

Managed to stay up with North Ferriby. Final game of the season was on same points as 20th, so needed to beat there score to stay up. They lost 3-0 and we drew 1-1 so managed to avoid relegation. My Youth Candidates look rubbish. I managed to improve my Junior Coaching.

Code:
                   North Ferriby Youth Academy

-----------------------------------------------------------
     Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Other
    2012-13     BSN    18th   44     QUALS

Amateur

I think that I shall start this soon, seeing how well others have done makes me want to do it.

Amateur

Carshalton 2 - 1 PSG
    Congratulations, that is really impressive. Are you the first to complete the challenge?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnson87 View Post
    Congratulations, that is really impressive. Are you the first to complete the challenge?
    he sure is! What a legend, he's done it in less than 2 months

Part-Timer

Well done Toonbalmy87, that is impressive. When I frist found this thread I thought it would be impossible to complete and it is because of yourself and others doing so well that I was inspired to start. Will you carry on your save or start a new challenge?

I am halfway through season two with Kingstonian and it is not getting any easier.

Amateur

Bravo well done toon!

Semi Pro

Toon- Well done mate! You've completed the challenge! congratulations. What do you think you'll do now?
    Um try to win the remaining cups what i haven't won such as Community Shield and World Club Championship and after that i will be going to Brazil to take a team who just came up into the bottom division of the playable league in Brazil and see if i can the League and win the Copa Libatores might be harder because if you do get a Brzillian Superstar often or not a big team will come in for them

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by marty78 View Post
    Well done Toonbalmy87, that is impressive. When I frist found this thread I thought it would be impossible to complete and it is because of yourself and others doing so well that I was inspired to start. Will you carry on your save or start a new challenge?

I am halfway through season two with Kingstonian and it is not getting any easier.
    Yeah ill be carrying on until i have won everything and become the biggest club in the world

Amateur

Yeah ill be carrying on until i have won everything and become the biggest club in the world
    Or you could go to RGUOR (RUOR) Minsk best academy in the game.

Youth Team

Need a change from my Wales save so i'm gonna see if i can get into this. Holidaying now.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Need a change from my Wales save so i'm gonna see if i can get into this. Holidaying now.
    good luck!

Youth Team

Ok so i've picked Wealdstone who look like a massive challenge. They have a tiny squad and are predicted to finish 21st. Lets see what happens!!

Manager
    Squad

Edit: you know your bad when you only draw against your reserves who also had a bigger squad then you! Didn't even have any strikers as they were all on leave.
    Last edited by JackJCFC; 12-05-2012 at 16:57.

Amateur

No improvement on last season. Nothing decent in the Youth Candidates again!

Did get to the 2nd Round of the FA Cup and lost to League Two Morecambe.

Managed to get Junior Coaching to Basic

Code:

2013-14     BSN    19th   42      2nd

Amateur

At the end of this season, do you want me to upload my save or do a quick update as I've gone nearly 4 seasons without an update and this could be a big season for the club!

Amateur

Mighty Mariner has been announced as the new manager of Northwich Victoria. He is soon to meet his squad, and is hoped to keep a tight hold on the club's finances by buying no players at all. The club's facilities look fine at the moment.

Amateur

First time in a while that I have checked in here and first things first:
    ToonBalmy Congratulations! Didn't think it could be done, truly well done!
    Braumiller - making some great progress with Weymouth there, won't be long before you'll be up with Toon.
    Ri - what's happened to your game? Was it you who kept having crashes?

And on my side I haven't been playing for a while with exams and other things going on but I'm going to blow off the dust from my Carshalton save in a couple weeks when everything has died down and try and match Toon's achievement!
    Till then kiu the good stuff everyone involved.

Youth Team

Had an unbeaten preseason whilst playing some pretty big teams so im happy with that. We were unlucky not to be Crystal Palace, conceding twice in the last 10 minutes.

Results

Amateur

Hey has anybody got any tips on how to break out of a slump? I am in december now and we have won 0 drawn 2 and lost 5 of our last 7. I have tried team meetings but they dont seem to work. Shall I just grit my teeth through to 13th March or do any of you have a better way? Cheers.

Reserves

TWFL- God to see your still around mate! As for me I got sacked by FC United 5 seasons in before hopping around a few clubs. I took a break and am now back in my third season with St Albans.

MadDog- The only way I have ever broken out of one is to change tactic. Just make a back up and use it to get a result. Switch back once you've got a win under your belt

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by stothy View Post
    At the end of this season, do you want me to upload my save or do a quick update as I've gone nearly 4 seasons without an update and this could be a big season for the club!
    just do a quick update if thats possible

Amateur

Second season and things are going from bad to worse! I never imaged it to be this difficult, cant seem to figure out whats going wrong

Amateur

Ok I'll definitely try that now as we are officialy in the relegation battle after letting a 2-0 lead slip to lose 3-2 at home to 21st Droylsden!!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Ok I'll definitely try that now as we are officialy in the relegation battle after letting a 2-0 lead slip to lose 3-2 at home to 21st Droylsden!!!!
    Happens to me EVERY December and January,lost 7 in a row in that period last season

Amateur

Happens to me EVERY December and January,lost 7 in a row in that period last season
    Haha ok, so at least I'm not alone! I'm hoping 45 points will be enough to keep us up as I can't see us getting any more than that.

Part-Timer

Ok, coming up to the end of my 2nd season and up until about late December we were sitting in and around the top 6, then hit a terrible run and dropped down to 12th but then this happened:

8 wins, 1 draw & 1 loss from our final 10 games which meant that the table looked like this afterwards:

So, after what looked like it would end up being an average season could be the one that sees us promoted, bring it on!

Reserves

Mack- You've done brilliantly there and just given me deja vu! This is exactly what happened to me in my fourth season at FC. We got promoted through the playoffs after just scraping into them but then got relegated from the BSP and I was sacked . So dont panic to get promoted this season.

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON TWO UPDATE - (2013/14)

Manager - Martyn James

Season objective - Better 14th (equalled)

Achievements:

BSB South - 14th
    FA Cup - 4th qualifying round
    FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round

We started season two fairly well and chalked up some early wins but the youngsters struggled to keep it up and we dropped back into mid-table. Despite only equalling last seasons 14th I am quite pleased and some youngsters will have benefited from the experience of first team football and will hopefully kick on. Bobby Traynor was again top scorer but young Kelvin Gough (YP1) was second and improving all the time.

The one disapointment was perhaps the decline of a few senior players and a couple are being released as they want contracts they are not worthy of. More youth players are going to have to be promoted to fill out the squad.

No transfers but two new coaches have arrived. Finances are slowly declining and because of that there has been no further facility upgrades.

This years youth intake wasn't spectacular but two prospects are rated higher than the rest. They are Adrian Plummer (YP2a) and Oumar Traore (YP2b). Both have been promoted straight into the first team, again because of numbers. The lack of tutors in the squad is holding some back a little but that can't be helped.

EDIT: Following being tutored by Traynor I am adding Martin Thompson (YP2c) to my list.

SEASON 3 OBJECTIVES

My expectations - Better 14th
    Board expectations - Avoid relegation
    Media prediction - 19th

I have set myself the target of beating my 14th place finishes in seasons one and two so will need a slight improvement on last year. It may be difficult due to the lack of experience but the quality is slowly improving. Hopefully some friendlies can pay for a youth network upgrade. Here is this seasons squad.
    Last edited by marty78; 12-05-2012 at 22:34.

Amateur

Yet again needed a win on the final game of the season to gurantee saftey

Not sure how much longer I can keep this up

This guy is my best Youth player from this years intake

Fingers crossed for an easier season

Went 15 games without a win between November and January! LOVELY!!

Code:

2014-15     BSN    19th   37     QUALS
    Last edited by Padders; 13-05-2012 at 02:03.

Reserves

marty- Good season there mate with a decent youth intake as well

Padders- Keep going that youth looks brilliant. what is his potential and current ability?

FC Oss Researcher

will do end of season update as soon as it finishes but I could very well be down

Amateur

Just had my youth intake, didnt even get one player with 5 star PA which is only leading BSN player,

Here is the supposed best of the bunch.
    I personally rate this guy higher though.

Oh well, there is always next year as I look like I am staying up (touch wood) as we are 4 points above the zone with 9 to play but a relatively easy run in.

Amateur

I wanted a top 6 finish this season, my second season, but id settle for just keeping my job right now!

Amateur

Started one with FC United. No decent attackers in the team, very tough challenge.

Finished 14th in first season

Useless squad
    Promising young players but hottest prospect injured for 6 months just after he signed his contract.
    No transfers

Second season even worse (7 goals scored in 9 games, just above relegation zone), however board agreed to improve training and youth facilities

Nice challenge even to reach Football League without any transfer.

Part-Timer

3rd season and I'm struggling. The performances of my remaining senior players is very disappointing and they may cost me my job. I was hoping my youth players would imrove quicker than the seniors decline but it is not quite happening yet. Could be restarting soon at this rate.

Edit - Results have improved and will not be going down.
    Last edited by marty78; 13-05-2012 at 16:21.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Thats pretty impressive tbh.

Amateur

HEDNESFORD TOWN SEASON 1 - 12/13

League - 18th - 47 points
    Cups- Eliminated at the first hurdle of the FA cup and trophy.
    Key players - Jay Denny
    Marvin Robinson
    Lee Tunney
    Fixtures
    YP01a - Andy Thompson
    Yp01b - Keith Husbands
    YP01c - Leigh Bates

Thoughts:
    Hmmm not a bad season but I would like to push onto the top 15 next season and hopefully imrpove youth recruitment or other facilities. I would also like to go on a bit of a cup run but most importantly continue to develop the youth. We were definitely saved by our ability to perform in big matches and attack the superb set piece deliveries of Jay Denny.

Transfers.
    Last edited by MadDog; 13-05-2012 at 16:08.

Youth Team

Default Wealdstone 2012/13

League

Predicted 21st Finished 18th

We had a decent start that fell apart after about 10 games. We failed to score for 9 matches in a row which was pretty worrying. Throughout the season our league position got lower and lower until out final position of 18th. We were able to win when it mattered and in the end we were safe with a few games to go, giving me the opportunity to try out some youngsters without risk.

Club Player of the season: Richard Jolly, 6 goals in 35 games.

Cups

Fa Cup 2nd Q round: 0-2 AFC Hayes
    Fa Trophy 3rd Q round: Tooting and Mitcham: 1-2

Facilities

Managed to improve junior coaching once but we were losing money heavily on a month to month basis so i doubt ill be able to change much unless i get a decent cup run.

Youth (forgot to take an intake screenshot)

All players that came through had a least 3 star potential, so have all been kept on, for squad depth if nothing else.

Here's the best two players who have the potential to be good BSS players (they were not the only ones):

YP 1
    YP 2

Transfers

At the end of the season board announced a new 2821 capacity stadium.
    Not really what i want, it puts me further into debt and it means that if i do get up the leagues, i wont be able to get a bigger stadium for 20 years.

Amateur

Nice not needing a result on the final game of the season. Safe with quite a few games to go this time

Our highest ever finish

Hope I can push on next season

Nothing to write home about in the Youth Candidates

Code:

2015-16     BSN    15th   47     QUALS

Amateur

This challenge is superb, well done the guy whose completed it, superb effort. I don't think I could do what you did even with signings!

Part-Timer

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 3 UPDATE - 2014/15

Manager - Martyn James

Season objective - better 14th (failed)

Achievements:

BSB South - 16th
    FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round
    FA Trophy - 2nd round proper

The season started badly and poor form quickly had me worried about relegation. Eventually results picked up and we steered clear and were quite comfortable to be fair but still failed to meet my expectations. The one positive was probably an increase in junior coaching which now stands at average. Kelvin Gough (YP1) was top scorer mainly due to Traynor being injured for about four months and declining.

No transfers but a new assman arrived. Having to let more seniors leave because their contracts demands are laughable. On July 1st I will have just 5 of my starting squad left and two of them are steadily declining.

This years youth intake has two players of note. They are Leon Lewis (YP3a) and Antonio Bengo (YP3b).

SEASON 4 EXPECTATIONS

My expectations - mid-table
    Board expectation - mid-table
    Media prediction - 17th

I'm just looking for mid table consolidation this year. I was hoping the board would ask me to avoid relegation again to keep the pressure off but I'll do my best. The squad.

FC Oss Researcher

2015-2016 – Lewes FC

Season Aim: Not to be going into the last day of the season in the relegation zone again – failed.

This is not getting any easier. Once again I started strong, but it fell away really quickly as usual. We got some good results against some of the bigger teams, but with 5 to go, we were 6 points from safety. It was pretty much hopeless as I had a tough run in, but my word the boys did me proud

I still do not know where it came from but the first result raised the morale quite a bit and after the 2nd they were all pretty much on superb, We went into the final day 2 behind Farnborough and 3 behind Basingstoke, our opponent on the final day, we needed a 2-0 to overtake Basingstoke on the final day or for us to win and Farnborough to lose. We got a 4-0 and Farnborough won so Basingstoke went down.

Decent intake this year as well with Chris Glynn coming through as the pick of the bunch.

Developing youngsters

YP01

YP02

YP03

Final table

Proof I am clean

Aim for Next Season – Same again, try and improve. Going to move some older players on that are just not up to scratch anymore.
    Last edited by La Furia Roja; 15-05-2012 at 01:25.

Reserves

Padders- Keep going with Ferriby, it's starting to get easier now and you can push for midtable.

Marty- That was an unlucky season their mate. Hopefully your squad will perform for you and get you into the top half.

La Furia Roja- What a thrilling last few games! That winner takes all match against Basingstoke must have been scary!

FC Oss Researcher

its funny cause I was more thinking about the Farnborough result. It didn't really click that it was between me and Basingstoke until mid way through the 2nd half.

Felt very sorry for poor Margate as well

Amateur

I've just had to sell my training facilites because I was in so much debt (500k)

Always under my wage budget

Apparently very close to administration, just agreed a £500k bank loan to clear the debt and paying £3k a month back

Amateur

Never had this problem before as I have always had a board pump into money over few months to help cover costs

All part of the challenge I suppose

Semi Pro

I've just had to sell my training facilites because I was in so much debt (500k)

Always under my wage budget

Apparently very close to administration, just agreed a £500k bank loan to clear the debt and paying £3k a month back
    what level is your junior coaching.
    have a look at your finances to see where your money is going

Amateur

I have had two increases, I'm pretty sure its basic. Will check when I go on my lunch

Yes I should look closer at my finances to be honset. Average attendance is only a couple of hundred fans

Wage budget is £1.6k and actual is £1.4k

Semi Pro

I have had two increases, I'm pretty sure its basic. Will check when I go on my lunch

Yes I should look closer at my finances to be honset. Average attendance is only a couple of hundred fans

Wage budget is £1.6k and actual is £1.4k
    Well have a look at your finances to see where you are bleeding money even if you have youth players that are not good enough just dump them and you save a few quid in wages

Amateur

Yes will do, thanks mate, as i said it has never been a problem before as always had a board who pumped money in every so often

Semi Pro

Yes will do, thanks mate, as i said it has never been a problem before as always had a board who pumped money in every so often
    Yeah but the problem with that is that is still debt that will be chairman debt so you have probably amassed to much debt but i am sure you should be fine just need a good cup run and that will make you some money

Amateur

Yeah but the problem with that is that is still debt that will be chairman debt so you have probably amassed to much debt but i am sure you should be fine just need a good cup run and that will make you some money
    Yeah I do, never got into the 3rd round of the FA Cup while doing this challenge (Hitchin and this save with Ferriby), got to the 2nd round a couple of times. I played the first game of the new season last night so figures crossed I get drawn against a few non league teams

Amateur

Lowestoft - 2012/13

I'm back and this time I'm doing it properly. Went for the BSN this time around and took over newly promoted Lowestoft who were predicted to finish 20th. The squad was actually fairly strong for this level so I hoped to make it into the play-offs, although mid table was a more likely goal. Turns out the squad were very consistent, spending most of the season in the play-offs, but too many draws meant we were never really able to get away from the pack. Thanks to early knock outs in all the cup competitions we were fresh for the league and went top with three games to go and 7 points from 9 meant we went up as Champions!

There wasn't much to right home about with the youth intake this season, a couple of players who might make decent BSN players in a few seasons but compared to the intake I got at Carshalton this was a bit of a disappointment. The squad will be kept together for next season where survival will be the only aim.

League Table
    Squad
    YP01
    No transfers

Youth Team

4-1 down at half time. Drew 5-5

Youth Team

Wealdstone 2013/2014

League

Code:
         Code:

Wealdstone Youth 

Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Fa Trophy
    2012-13     BSS    18th   45     2ndQ                    2ndQ
    2013-14     BSS    17th   45     3rdQ                     1st
    We had a good start to the season once again but after about 10 games we fell into another collapse which took us down to just above the relegation zone. We managed to get a lot of draws which kept us out of the relegation zone and in the end we were 10 points clear. We had the same points tally as last year too.

Key Player: Richard Jolly

Cups

Fa Cup 3rd Q round: 1-4 Buxton
    Fa Trophy 1st round: Tooting and Mitcham: 3-4

Finances are terrible and we are losing 10k per month thanks to the debt from the stadium, no youth improvements this year.

Youth

Only got one guy of any note through this year, they all have pretty good potential but as it stands they will never reach it, signed as backups nonetheless.

YP 3

Transfers

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester

2013/14 Season Review

Competitions

League Table - Past Positions
    Well, I wanted to push on from our 13th place last season and we sure did that. We were sitting in the top 6 for most of the season and with a great push towards the end of the year moved up into the playoffs. Unfortunately for us our run of games at the end had taken it out of the squad and I was forced to play with a team made up mainly of 3rd & 4th choice players and we were played off the park by Guiseley, losing 2-0 in both legs. However, we have shown that we can hold our own up towards the top end of the table and can hopefully ensure we move up next year.
    Cups
    Lost in the qualifying rounds for both the FA Trophy and FA Cup.

Youth Players

(YP1a) Tony Webb
    Code:
    Season	Apps	Gls	Ast	MoM	Avg
    --------------------------------------------
    2012/13	  8 	 2 	 1 	 0 	6.93
    2013/14	31(3)	 14	 10	 4	7.14
    (YP1b) Wayne Meredith
    Code:
    2012/13	  0 	 0 	 0 	 0 	N/A
    2013/14	11(16)	 0	 1	 2	6.77
    (YP1c) Jeff Stephens
    Code:
    2012/13	4(2)	 0 	 1 	 0 	6.84
    2013/14 11(19)	 7	 1	 2	6.78
    (YP2a) Martin Houghton
    Code:
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP2b) Danny Robinson
    Code:
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    (YP2c) Phillip Charnley
    Code:
    2013/14	  0	 0	 0	 0	N/A
    So no chances in the first team for this years group of youngsters yet but a good season for last years batch. Webb was the star though, not finding the net as often as I would have liked but always looking dangerous and he did end up with a good number of goals and a very useful 10 assists. Meredith was good too, he didn't get into the first team on a regular basis until quite last in the season but once he did he really stepped things up a bit, usually looking like the strongest member of our defence. The only real disappointment was Stephens. I know that he is more of a striker than a winger but I felt he could cope on the wing but I turned out to be completely wrong. He struggled constantly, as is shown by his 1 assist, however when he did get a chance to play upfront he bagged himself 6 goals in 8 starts, so he will definitely get more time upfront next season.

Club History

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Season	League	POS	PTS	FA Cup	League Cup	Other
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13	BSN	13th	57	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd
    2013/14	BSN	5th	71	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 1st Rnd, Playoff Semi-Finals
    Last edited by mack4life; 17-05-2012 at 15:36.

Reserves

Jack- Another solid season there and that youngster looks decent!

mack- Fantastic mate. Getting in the playoffs in the second season with FC United is no mean feat! Be thankful you didnt go up as I doubt your squad was ready for BSP football

Amateur

One step forward, two backwards for me last season

Youth intake really poor yet again

No money to improve facilities

Code:

2015-16     BSN    15th   47     QUALS
    2016-17     BSN    17th   39      1st

Semi Pro

2036-37 Carshalton Atheltic : Do the Double!!!

League Table
    So i only Finished 4th but to be honest i noticed my squad was to small to compete in all competitions so i decided to go for the Champions League and obviously it turned out to be the right decision i am hoping i will win the league next season though

Player Stats

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Nicholls

Thorn

League Cup - Winners

FA Cup - Leeds 4th Round

Champions League - Winners

Youth Intake

YP02

YP08

YP11

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

YP19

Youth Intake - only good player i got from the youth intake
    YP20
    YP20R
    YP20R

U18s
    Player Stats

Next years objective : Win League & Defend Champions League & Win World Club Championship

Trophy Cabinet
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 19-05-2012 at 23:29.

FC Oss Researcher

I am really going to try and reduce my outgoings tonight. I did something I said I wouldn't do, signed a few key players on good money on long term contracts. One is on over 300 quid a week and in the reserves now, but noone will come in for him cause of his wage demands. Got a few high earners that, while they are performing, they are not performing enough. Kamara for example, misses a shed load of goals but does get a few assists, but is on 400 quid a week! MY next best AMR who has the potential to exeed his ability according to the backrrom, is on 7 quid a week. Might need to make some hard calls tonight.

Welcome on board to all the new comers, best of luck, you will all need it :P
    Last edited by La Furia Roja; 15-05-2012 at 01:31.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by La Furia Roja View Post
    I am really going to try and reduce my outgoings tonight. I did something I said I wouldn't do, signed a few key players on good money on long term contracts. One is on over 300 quid a week and in the reserves now, but noone will come in for him cause of his wage demands. Got a few high earners that, while they are performing, they are not performing enough. Kamara for example, misses a shed load of goals but does get a few assists, but is on 400 quid a week! MY next best AMR who has the potential to exeed his ability according to the backrrom, is on 7 quid a week. Might need to make some hard calls tonight.

Welcome on board to all the new comers, best of luck, you will all need it :P
    Yep wages are a bitch down here. I am just starting season 5 and have just 2 players over 21 left. I also have most of my first team refusing to discuss new contracts despite being happy at the club and in some cases wanting a new contract (How can they want a new one but refuse to hear offers?). I made the decision to let the oldies leave and the youngsters have performed to a similar standard for a fraction of the wage. I would recommend just offering 1 year at a time to all but the best youngsters.

I will post season 4 updates in a bit.

TOON - Are you a club legend yet? I hope so
    Last edited by marty78; 15-05-2012 at 09:20.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast