+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,700 of 2422

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by peterdunnebrfc View Post
    I have really, REALLY neglected updating my progress in here! I must apologise, but I did get rather engrossed in my game.

3 years in the BSN, 2 in the BSP and 2 in L2 have me starting my 8th season expected to finish bottom of L1.
    Could you do a few mini bare-bones updates? ;)

Amateur

I'm going to Sheffield Wednesday's promotion party today, but hoping to get at least league tables, best elevens and screenshots of my best youth players up over the weekend.

Reserves

Default St Albans Season 1- 2012/13

Aims- Survive Relegation- Completed

League Table

A brilliant first half of the season actually had us in the playoffs! But we had an awful second half going 13 games without a win at one point. This resulted in a comfortable position 10 points above the relegation zone.

Squad

I adopted Paul Heaton as my first youth project as I saw he had pace and an ideal tutor. Got his determination up to 17 and he scored 11 goals despite a few injuries.

Ollie Clunan YP01- GK

A disappointing intake but we only had one goalkeeper so he will go into the first team and has decent potential. Not a very exciting prospect though.

Transfers

I'm clean!

Career Overview

Code:
     Season       League           Position            Achievements                 Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
     -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                        
      2012/13       BSS               16th               Staying up                    Sakho Bakare (12)           Paul Heaton
    Last edited by ri916; 05-05-2012 at 10:58.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by peterdunnebrfc View Post
    I'm going to Sheffield Wednesday's playoff party today, but hoping to get at least league tables, best elevens and screenshots of my best youth players up over the weekend.
    Just thought I would edit your post so it's truthful ;)

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester

2012/13 Youth Intake

Tony Webb (YP1a)
    Perfect, exactly what I wanted, a pacy attacking player who can play in more than one position. Webb will be going straight into the first team playing on the right wing, however will also get some games at both AMC and ST and I hope that he can fit straight in.

Wayne Meredith (YP1b)
    My assistant raves about this guy which strikes me as a bit odd, but hopefully his solid tackling ability and willingness to go into tricky tackles will see him turn into a solid lower league defender. Still has a way to go before breaking into the first team however.

Jeff Stephens (YP1c)
    I don't quite know what to make of this guy. My staff seem to think he is ready for the first team but I'm not so sure. To me he just looks like a winger who can't cross, pass or dribble, and while he can finish and has decent composure I think he will struggle to get into the team ahead of our current striker force & Tony Webb, so he will probably be hanging around on the fringes of the first team for a little while.
    Last edited by mack4life; 06-05-2012 at 19:51.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    Just thought I would edit your post so it's truthful ;)
    I apologise

Reserves

mack- Webb looks class.

Amateur

Didn't think this was running again - just posted on the old link to start it myself until Forest pointed out its running here so got a bit of catching up to do (I'm a red too by the way!).

Had started as Lewes but as someone else has started as them ill load up again and pick another team. Had a crack at this a couple of seasons ago with Ilkeston and was enjoying it but my game crashed - enjoyed it while it lasted though so ready for another crack!

Part-Timer

Welcome on board and good luck PFG!

FC Oss Researcher
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408

La Furia Roja- Good first season there mate. It seems you suffered dips in form like I am (currently going 10 games without a win).
    yer was a good start, next one has not started as well so theoretically it should finish better? HA, yer right..

FC Oss Researcher

I know we are really only doing end of season updates but I wanted to post this.

Undefeated leaders 9 from 9. They hadn't yet been to the dripping pan though..

Lewes FC v Weston-super-Mare

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by La Furia Roja View Post
    I know we are really only doing end of season updates but I wanted to post this.

Undefeated leaders 9 from 9. They hadn't yet been to the dripping pan though..

Lewes FC v Weston-super-Mare
    looks like weston had a super-mare!

FC Oss Researcher

looks like weston had a super-mare!
    I see what you did there!

Amateur

FC United of Manchester
    Season 3 (2014/15)
    Blue Square North

Time to kick on, i felt. We started well and were there or there abouts throught the first half of the season, flirting around the playoffs. Avoided the dreaded Dec/Jan slump (our league position fell off as we had 3 matches posponed, meaning others took us over but we kept games in hand). As we started to head towards the business end of the season we found our form and with 4 games to go actually had a chance of taking the league title and automatic promotion. A beating by Northwich put paid to that, but we ended strong to go into the playoffs as top seed.

Playoffs were always going to be nervy. Semi had us against Southport, away from home first. We went out to play our normal game and got completely played off the park. By half time it was 13 shots to 1. Somehow, Matty Wolfenden managed to get us ahead with a rare break away but we were soon pegged back to one all. We held on for the draw but had been very lucky. Second leg at home, and knowing that curiously away goals dont count in the playoffs, we needed to improve and sharpish. We did, but in a topsy turvy game the 90mins ended in 2 v 2. This time around we were well worthy of the draw. Into extra time we went, the nerves being shredded. 29mins came and went without much incident, then in the last minute of extra time a cross from deep from our right back williams, Andy Flanagan attacked it from deep, the Southport defence and goalie froze and it feel for Flanagan to stoop and head in a winner. The final whistle went right after to put us into the play off final!

Final we faced FC Halifax. It was a nervy afair and with 20mins to go it was goaless and looking like we might hit extra time again. However then YP1 Michael Rigby ran onto a through ball from YP1 James O'Brien and cooly slotted home. We then withstood some inevitable pressure from Halifax, and with 2 mins remaining we hit on the counter and Andy Flanagin slotted home to send our fans wild and ensure we would be playing in the BSP next season!

A good season, and one outstanding performer

League positions graph

Transfers - Proving i am clean!

Top performers

Michael Rigby (YP2) - Unbelievable! Breaking all kinds of scoring records and we definately rode him all the way to the BSP! Hoping for more of the same

James O'brien (YP1) - Became an assist machien this season, linking very well with Rigby and popping up with a few goals. Also an expert set piece taker which helps

Other honourable mentions to Matty Wolfenden, a 28yr who flirted around the team for the first 2 seasons but managed to play a lot more this season, and a couple of other youths - Ray Mitten a DLC who played well at centre back, but will be moved to DL for next season, and Jay Bishop, a DMC who had a solid season.

Youth Intake

A number of good players, with good potential, nothing outstanding, but a DMC who looks like he could be good enough to start and develop into a usefull piece.

Chris Spinks (YP3)

Rated as potential to be a good league 2 player (same as O'Brien). He will go right into the team as a starting striker next season.

Youth Progress

***covered in above screenshots already as YP1 and YP2 were players of the year!***

I also won manager of the year!

Aims from last season

1) Push for playoffs - Yes!

2) learn how to defend, especially set pieces! - Kinda, although still an issue

3) Develop YP1 - Success

Aims for NEXT season

1) Survive!!
    Last edited by Jambo98; 06-05-2012 at 16:37. Reason: wrong season number listed

Amateur

In other news, my new stadium which had already been put back a year and was still "planning", has just been blocked because the local council refused planning permission :mad:

Still to write my update for my first season in BSP, shall try and do so this evening.

Semi Pro

Got a couple of updates to do to
    day

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester

2012/13 Season Review

Competitions

League Table - Past Positions
    So, secure in mid-table and with some good points from the season. The fact that we only had 13 losses, less than every side outside the top 6, was nice although we had far too many draws. The one real lesson I was taught by this season is that you should never ever let your assistant manager take charge at this level. I went on holiday in week 15, while we were sat in 4th and playing really well, and by the time I took over with 11 games to go the team had sunk right down the table and morale was rock bottom. In the final 11 games we only lost once, although we also only won 3 games, so 7 draws in 11 games, 5 of which ended in a draw despite us leading going into the final 10 minutes!

Cups
    No point putting up a screenshot for the FA Trophy or FA Cup, we lost in our first game in both competitions.

Key Players

Roca - Our most consistent performer, chipping in with a good number of goals & assists over the course of the season. He probably would have had more influence but he kept on having to play out of position as an AMC and he struggled with that.
    Grimshaw - A player that I was expecting to be backup, but he ended up having to play a lot of games and he did a great job. If we had a better striker in the middle he would have had far more assists, but nevertheless he looked dangerous all the way up the left flank all season.

Youth Players

Tony Webb (YP1a)
    Code:
    Season	Apps	Gls	Ast	MoM	Avg
    --------------------------------------------
    2012/13	  8 	 2 	 1 	 0 	6.93
    Thanks to our sides real weakness on the right wing he was forced to play out wide despite being more of a striker, and if I'm honest, he did struggle a bit. 6 of his 8 games were played on the wing and while he easily has enough pace to beat most defenders at this level his final ball tended to be pretty poor and his passing was weak. However, in the two games he played upfront he bagged a couple of goals and looked like a good threat. Will get more chances upfront next season I'm sure.

Wayne Meredith (YP1b)
    Code:
    2012/13	  0 	 0 	 0 	 0 	N/A
    Didn't get a chance in the first team this year, maybe next season.

Jeff Stephens (YP1c)
    Code:
    2012/13	4(2)	 0 	 1 	 0 	6.84
    I was quite unfair on him this season, he didn't get any time upfront and only got about 30 minutes as a winger, the rest of his time he was stuck playing as an MC and he just couldn't cope with it. Will have to give him a chance in his natural positions next year.

Amateur

Right I am going for this! Will holiday today and post updates tomorrow. Well done to everyone who has reached league football as that is really my only goal.

Reserves

mack4life- Good start there!

Amateur

FC United of Manchester
    Season 4 (2015/16)
    Blue Square Premier

As mentioned in a mini update previously, life in the BSP started in amazing fashion, smashing 8 past York. It didnt continue in that vain........we were terrible most of the season, plumeeting, couldnt win or buy a clean sheet, as we entered the final stretch we were in the relegation zone but in with a chance of staying up. A desperation change of tactics brought about some success and sneaked a couple of wins and the odd draw, in the end it came down to the last game. Wierdly on the last day fixtures were split, and my game against already relegated forest green was the only game on the Sunday. That meant going into the home game we already knew a win of any kind would keep us up on goal difference. We duly sneaked a one nil to survive, somehow!

Terrible season, but survival was all we had targeted. A major clear out and re-organising of squads betwen 1st/res/u19 requried at seasons end.

League positions graph

Transfers - Proving i am clean!

Top performers

Aye, right............

Youth Intake

mixed bag this time round, but a promising wide player/striker, a couple of decent midfielders. Best player was this left wingback

YP4
    Youth Progress

YP1

YP2

YP3

Aims from last season

1) Survival - YES

Aims for next season

1) Top half

2) Better defensive record

3) Try and upgrade youth recruitment network

Semi Pro

2033-34 Carshalton Atheltic : Pushing for CL Qualification

League Table
    Gained a position in the table but just missed out on that 4th spot will be aiming for that next season my rest my 1st team for the cup games just so i push on in the league

Squad

Transfers

Finances

League Cup - This trophy has permanent home at my Stadium

FA Cup - Arsenal 5th Round

Europa League - Stuttgart 2nd Round

Youth Intake

YP02

YP08

YP11

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

Youth Intake
    Noone good enough this season and my chairman wont let me upgrade my youth recruitment argghhh

Next years objective : Get into the Champions League!!!!!

Reserves

Toon- Your doing brilliantly mate! do you think it is still possible to improve your team, or is it at it's peak?

FC Oss Researcher

2013-2014 – Lewes FC

Season Aim: Consolidation and survival – Achieved

A really tough season. Things just didn't seem to click for the most of the season. We really struggled for goals this is a prime example.

Not sure where they are going to come from next season, I do have one young kid who might be the option, he doesn't look ready to me but I might not have alot of choice.

YP01
    YP02

Final Table

Proof I am Clean

Aim For Next Season: Not be in a relegation scrap!!
    Last edited by La Furia Roja; 07-05-2012 at 11:27.

Semi Pro

Toon- Your doing brilliantly mate! do you think it is still possible to improve your team, or is it at it's peak?
    erm i have a couple youth players coming through but i keep getting beat by the teams that spend 100 mil :mad: also couple of my main guys are starting to retire so i am trying to get my youth players some games so that they will be ready when they are called upon
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 07-05-2012 at 12:02.

Semi Pro

2035-36 Carshalton Atheltic : Champions League Calling The Robins

League Table
    Yesss Finally manager to get into the champions league and break into the top four

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Malama - my best player he is awesome plenty of teams sniffing around him

League - Semi Final Southampton (Penalty's)

FA Cup - Man City 4th Round

Europa League - Benfica 2nd Round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP08

YP11

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

U18s - Walked it again
    Player Stats

Next years objective : Get into the knockout stages of the Champions league and Qualify for it again
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 08-05-2012 at 17:16.

Semi Pro

Nooooo!!!!!!!! :Mad: Damn Release Clause

My worst Nightmare

Last edited by toonbalmy87; 07-05-2012 at 12:37. Reason: he left for a Bigger offer £185,000 no matter how good he is i aint forking that much then everyone wll want a new contract

FC Oss Researcher

if he doesn't agree a contract I would be sorting that out ASAP!!

Reserves

Toon- Champions league football! but without Malama it looks

Semi Pro

this is the kid that replaced him

Amateur

Seriously struggling to get anywhere in the BSP Cant seem to get a decent tactical set up.

Also have 2 other annoying things -

1) I cant seem to upgrade my youth recruitment network ever. I have my junior coaching at "excellent" but never get the option to even ask to upgrade youth recruiment! Anyone else have this?

2) One of my players (3rd choice ST) comes to me demanding a new contract, i say i will give him a new contract, but when i go to offer he isnt interested in discussing terms. He then requests a transfer, reason being that i have failed to offer a satisfactory contract! WTF????? Poor programming that one i think.

Semi Pro

Jambo i have had the same Tactics since day one and look where i am

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo98 View Post
    Seriously struggling to get anywhere in the BSP Cant seem to get a decent tactical set up.

Also have 2 other annoying things -

1) I cant seem to upgrade my youth recruitment network ever. I have my junior coaching at "excellent" but never get the option to even ask to upgrade youth recruiment! Anyone else have this?

2) One of my players (3rd choice ST) comes to me demanding a new contract, i say i will give him a new contract, but when i go to offer he isnt interested in discussing terms. He then requests a transfer, reason being that i have failed to offer a satisfactory contract! WTF????? Poor programming that one i think.
    Your club needs to get a boost in reputation before you can improve this. Try it when you get into the football league and you may be able to upgrade it then

Semi Pro

Your club needs to get a boost in reputation before you can improve this. Try it when you get into the football league and you may be able to upgrade it then
    pahh try having my chairman hes a twot

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    pahh try having my chairman hes a twot
    whats your youth recruitment toon?

Semi Pro

whats your youth recruitment toon?
    above average :mad: but everything else is the best it can get

Reserves

above average
    If you can get that up you will be really competing. How do you get so many foriegn youths btw?

Semi Pro

If you can get that up you will be really competing. How do you get so many foriegn youths btw?
    god knows they just come in with dual nationality

like this year i got spanish guy but he was born in london but he was awful half a star

Amateur

Nooooo!!!!!!!! :Mad: Damn Release Clause

My worst Nightmare

Must be a real gutter for you that mate, but at the same time must be a great feeling know he has come through your youth setup

Amateur

Tooting & Mitcham United - 13th March 2013

Sorry i didnt post my starting profile but im at the first youth intake so i hope its okay with you guys if i carry on...

Current Profile

League Table

Current Squad

Transfers Proof

Finances

Youth Intake

Key Youth Player

Not a bad start to my first season, had good spells and bad spells but just not getting relegated is a big achievement in my eyes. Very impressed with Jake Downing who i think will be a star for years to come. Finances have taken a huge dip but i will look to sort that out in pre-season with friendlies etc. A late run for the playoffs looks out of the question vbut you never know! ;)

Ill have an end of the season update on the way soon.
    Last edited by mshort22; 07-05-2012 at 18:00.

Amateur

Tooting & Mitcham United - End Of Season Report 2012/2013

A very good season in my opinion, thought i was defiantly going to struggle at the start of the season by the team proved me wrong and i guess i underestimated them. A fairly good youth intake has put us in a good position next season which was evident as results picked up towards the end of the season. Finances are a bit of a worry but id rather not dwell on the negatives ;)

League Table

Squad

Finances

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

Targets for next season:
    - Top half finish, maybe playoffs
    - Halt the financial landslide
    - Give YP adequate game time
    - Get some more gems!
    Last edited by mshort22; 07-05-2012 at 20:22.

Reserves

mshort- Good first season there! Hopefully you dont suffer from second season syndrome.

Amateur

mshort- Good first season there! Hopefully you dont suffer from second season syndrome.
    Yeah i hope so too!

Part-Timer

Does anybody else have the same problem I have with Photobucket, that every single image I view is only in thumbnail size?

FC Oss Researcher

it think its how people post it. You need to go to settings and choose to show the direct HTML link, thats what I do and mine are full size.

Part-Timer

Just played my first game of the 2013/14 season and I have the feeling this could be a decent year.

Histon were relegated from the BSP last season and so were expected to thump us here. I know that we had an equal number of shots but we had great possession, our passing was good and I don't think I have ever had a game in any version of FM where over 50% of my teams efforts have been Clear Cut Chances!

FC Oss Researcher

ha, dont get too carried away. In my first year I was top of the league after 9 games with 8 wins. Think I avoided relegation by 2 points! It can go very wrong very quickly!

Good start though!

Part-Timer

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 12 (2023-24)

YES!!!!!!

Straight to the point, we didn't win it, but we were promoted to the Premier League! So, so happy, although we tried to throw it away at the end!!!

West Brom ran away with the league and with 5 games to go I was 8 points clear of Wolves for the 2nd automatic spot. A bad run of form left me just 3 points clear with 2 games to go, but with Wolves losing both their last games and me beating Notts Co at their place on the last day of the season knocking them out of play-off contention, it was champagne popping time!

Outside of the league we had a mini League Cup run until West Brom knocked us out in the 4th round.
    We were drawn at home to Liverpool in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and we held our own nicely until conceding 2 in the last 10 mins to go down 1-3.

The youth intake was an interesting one.
    Two quality looking DCs to nurture and an FC.
    The wonderfully named Shayne Badman is one of the DCs and he is my first ever intake kid who the coaches immediately pegged as a leading Premier League prospect (Bryant and Holland both grew into that, but initially were both 'good Premier League' potential).
    Shayne Badman Profile
    Shayne Badman Report
    And yes, one of the weaknesses of the Badman is his competitive streak getting him into trouble....

Shayne will get some 1st team bench time in the coming year, the other two are longer term prospects who may see some loan action as well as u18s.

Ray Holland failed to save Wolves from Premier League relegation the previous year, so League Cup winners Huddersfield activated his 8m relegation clause (and therefore nullifying my 50% profit clause) and snapped him up. Nice to see this news come through and have Ray doing well.

My 4m youth facility upgrade got canceled at the end of the season due to my funds running dry, need to get this kick started again soon.

Transfers

Goals for season 13 (2024-25)
    * Survival, plain and simple - scrap for every point available

It would also be nice to get some upgrades started again with the Premier League TV money, but due to the staggered payments that might have to wait until next summer.

Semi Pro

Braumuller Congratulations on making it to the promise land for the biggest test staying in the division good luck

Amateur

This looks like a lot of fun, i'm gonna put my skills to the test and sign up. Ill post my screens when i get home from university later.

-Paul
    Last edited by pjohnson87; 08-05-2012 at 12:01.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnson87 View Post
    This looks like a lot of fun, i'm gonna put my skills to the test and sign up. Ill post my screens when i get home from university later.
    -Paul
    Good luck Paul

Braumuller Congratulations on making it to the promise land for the biggest test staying in the division good luck
    Thanks toon, this is going to be a tough season for sure. I got to play a little of it last night and wow, every point is a battle!
    Going in I figured that I would have to have the decisions and luck go my way to get points in each game and the first two games both proved that and how precious points iwill be.
    Opened up the season away at Everton (finished 6th-9th last 5 seasons) and I went up 2-0 early on due to an OG and a goal against the run of play. Everton were dominant and scored just before HT. Second half was more of the same and they eventually scored an 82nd min winner!
    Second game, first home game, was against a rampant Chelsea. Ten straight top 6 finishes, won Champions League 3 years ago and were on an 8 game Premier League winning streak dating back to last year. 23rd min we win a penalty and they have their offender red carded! 1-0 and a man advantage. They were still relentless though, with 58% of possession and outshooting me 18-10. Eventually in the 76th minute they themselves win a penalty, convert it and win 2-1.
    I got the breaks in both games and fell just short against two quality teams. If I am to survive I need to win these kind of games against the bottom half teams, so in a way this was encouraging, but I cannot rely on OGs, penalties and red cards to scrape points.

Semi Pro

yeah its tough the first season really you rely on beaten the teams around the bottom and sometimes scraping couple points of the top 14 .

Unlucky on the first two games though i hate that happens you think your in look then your team gives penalty away :mad:

Part-Timer

yeah its tough the first season really you rely on beaten the teams around the bottom and sometimes scraping couple points of the top 14
    Without a doubt there is a mini league of 6-7 teams at the bottom of the Prem and being in the top half of this mini league is going to be key to survival.

Fortunately Wolves have had a dire start, so I am hoping that that continues and they fill one of the three relegation places by default.

The Premier League money is nuts to a small club!
    Just started into November and already up 9.4m in profit for the year. I had just hit 0 in the bank balance during the close season, so my current balance also stands at 9.4m. Took advantage of this and the board have agreed training upgrades (5.5m) and youth upgrades (4m) which will not begin (and the money taken out of my account) until next June. I also got a very rare success on youth recruitment and this is now 'average'.

Looking at the screenshot below it is not hard to see where my profits are coming from......

Semi Pro

i am 17th in the league for spending on Salary Spending 22 Million a year will have an update today

Amateur

Default Chester FC

Career Thread

Chester hire Johnson as Manager

Local coach Paul Johnson will take the helm at newely promoted Chester FC.

Johnson was quoted as saying "I'm looking forward to returning to the city I was born in, and my goal is to take Chester back to the football league as soon as possible.
    Everyone in the city was gutted when Chester City FC was wound up due to the severe financial situation, and the supports trust who own the new club have expressed their desire to develop their own players and not be led down the same path as before."

Last seasons fan's player of the year George Darby backed the appointment and said "The club is definitely moving in the right direction and with Johnson in charge, i'm sure there will be many more trophies to come."

The initial squad is pretty threadbare as you would expect, i have adopted a 4-4-2 Diamond purely because its the only system I can fit 11 players into.

The media have predicited an 8th place finish, although I am aiming for a promotion place.
    Last edited by pjohnson87; 08-05-2012 at 18:32.

Semi Pro

2036-37 Carshalton Atheltic : Do the Double!!!

League Table
    Wahooo Won the League somehow!!!! on the very last day of the season i was Playing Man Utd and if i beat them i win the league i went onto hammer them 3-0. I really cant believe it i was expecting to win but not for another 4-8 years but to win it now is really awesome now i just need to defend it to prove that it wasn't a fluke and also win the Champions League

Player Stats

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Thorn

League Cup - Its back where it belongs

FA Cup - Swindon 5th Round

Champions League Semi Final - Arsenal Away Goals

Youth Intake

YP02

YP08

YP11

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

YP19
    YP19R

2036-37 Youth Intake

U18s - Walked it again
    Player Stats
    U18 History - to show how many times my youth has won it in a row

Next years objective : Defend Title & Win Champions League
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 19-05-2012 at 23:25.

Semi Pro

Career Thread

Chester hire Johnson as Manager

Local coach Paul Johnson will take the helm at newely promoted Chester FC.

Johnson was quoted as saying "I'm looking forward to returning to the city I was born in, and my goal is to take Chester back to the football league as soon as possible.
    Everyone in the city was gutted when Chester City FC was wound up due to the severe financial situation, and the supports trust who own the new club have expressed their desire to develop their own players and not be led down the same path as before."

Last seasons fan's player of the year George Darby backed the appointment and said "The club is definitely moving in the right direction and with Johnson in charge, i'm sure there will be many more trophies to come."

The initial squad is pretty threadbare as you would expect, i have adopted a 4-4-2 Diamond purely because its the only system I can fit 11 players into.

The media have predicited an 8th place finish, although I am aiming for a promotion place.
    Dont go for it straight away of you will find it a lot harder in the BSP

Amateur

Dont go for it straight away of you will find it a lot harder in the BSP
    Don't go for the promotion straight away you mean? As in just try and build a squad and consolidate first?

Semi Pro

Year Division FA
    Cup
    Fa Trophy League cup Johnstones
    Paint Trophy
    Europa
    League
    Champions League
    1 17th Blue Square South 4thQ 2nd Rnd na
    2 9th Blue Square South 2nd Q 3rd Q na
    3 2nd Blue Square South 1st round 3rd round na
    4 9th Blue Square Prem 1st round 1st round na
    5 1st Blue Square Prem 4th round Winners na
    6 10th League 2 5th round na 1st round 2nd
    round
    7 1st League 2 3rd round 2nd round 1st
    round
    8 2nd League 1 4th round 3rd
    round
    South
    Final
    9 13th Championship 3rd round 4th
    round
    10 5th Championship 5th round 3rd
    round
    11 6th Championship (Play Off Winner) 3rd round Semi Final
    12 15th EPL 6th round 3rd
    round
    13 14th EPL 5th round 4th
    round
    14 15th EPL 3rd round 3rd
    round
    15 17th EPL 3rd round Final
    16 11th EPL 4th round Semi Final
    17 13th EPL 6th round Final
    18 11th EPL 6th round Quarter Final
    19 9th EPL 4th round 4th
    round
    20 11th EPL Winners 3rd
    round
    21 5th EPL 6th round Winners Final
    22 5th EPL 5th round Winners 2nd KO round
    23 4th EPL Semi Final 4th
    round
    2nd KO round
    24 1st EPL 5th round Winners Semi Final

Semi Pro

[QUOTE=pjohnson87;7802470]Don't go for the promotion straight away you mean? As in just try and build a squad and consolidate first?[/QUOTE

Yeah basically because if you go up straight away with hardly any players you will find it hard but its your game so do what you want and Good Luck

Amateur

Don't go for the promotion straight away you mean? As in just try and build a squad and consolidate first?
    Yeah basically because if you go up straight away with hardly any players you will find it hard but its your game so do what you want and Good Luck
    Thanks ;) I guess ill just see how it goes. Any tips you wish you knew when starting your save you care to pass on?

Semi Pro

Thanks ;) I guess ill just see how it goes. Any tips you wish you knew when starting your save you care to pass on?
    Ermmm cant think of anything really. just get your youth recruitment up quickly. Because my Chairman is being a twot about it

Reserves

Toon- Wahooooooooooooooooo!!! yes mate! Part one of the challenge complete, now you just need to win the champions league.

Braumiller- Could you link a screenshot of your son, want to get it onto the HoF
    Last edited by ri916; 08-05-2012 at 20:26.

Semi Pro

erm Ri916 iv won the FA Cup ;)

Part-Timer

Braumiller- Could you link a screenshot of your son, want to get it onto the HoF
    Sure, here you go!
    If there are other shots of him you want, just let me know.

Also, items for other records can be found in this post

Although toon's 30m sale has blitzed Ray Holland's 8m sale, Ray still has his 6 goals in a game claim to fame standing I think ;)

Part-Timer

Just played the Christmas period and this is going to be interesting!
    The bottom is very close and the last day of fixtures has me away at Man City and the current bottom two playing each other....
    My penultimate game is Arsenal at my place, so I better not need points with 2 games to go.
    The three games before those are all against bottom 8 teams though. HUGE games I imagine......

Toon, congrats on a fantastic accomplishment! That is unbelievable, superb fella

FC Oss Researcher

Almost 3 seasons into this my only tip is do not rush! I am planning on being in a spot to push for promotion to the BSP in the next 6-8 seasons. Having done a similar challenge before all trying to rush up the leagues did was end up in you coming down quite quickly. I think Chester have one of the strongest squads at the start of the challenge which should help.

Good luck champ!

Reserves

erm Ri916 iv won the FA Cup ;)
    as well as the EPL? congrats!

Oh, I remember now! I'll update that as well

FC Oss Researcher

Reserves

braumiller- Didn't you have a youth come through called sam bryant? he was quality

Semi Pro

good luck with the take over

FC Oss Researcher

fell through, but clubs up for sale now so fingers crossed!

Part-Timer

braumiller- Didn't you have a youth come through called sam bryant? he was quality
    lol, I did and he was

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Braumiller View Post
    lol, I did and he was
    He's grown up quick . Must have been paying him decent wages if he could afford to buy a level 7 club ;)

Part-Timer

He's grown up quick . Must have been paying him decent wages if he could afford to buy a level 7 club ;)
    They must have been cheap. Sam has not lived up to his hype since leaving Weymouth His is on 19k a week at Leeds (Premier League) and while the 25 yr old is having his best season avg rating wise since leaving (6.96) he has only featured in 6 league games and we are in February.

Ray Holland on the other hand is still playing nicely. He just scored 2 against me on live TV to make it 4 goals in 2 games against us in the league this year. 11 goals in 20 games so far this year, He made his England debut in the summer (2 caps now) and is rated at 9m. The 21 year old has a bright future ahead of him and if his goals keep Huddersfield safe then it might only be a matter of time until the big boys come knocking.

Just had a round of internationals and Weymouth had their best ever selection.

6 * ENG u21s
    1 * SCO u21s
    1 * ENG u19s
    1 * Zimbabwe full international (reserve player who has never played for me)

Hoping to see my first ENG international for Weymouth within the next 2 years.

Reserves

I'm on a mini cup run to the second round of the FA cup, but I have just drawn Notts County, so I doubt I'll be making it to round 3

Reserves

Havent started the match well either, already a goal down after 4 mins

edit: 18 mins gone, score is 4-0

edit 2: At least we kept it respectable, finished notts 5 St Albans 1
    Last edited by ri916; 09-05-2012 at 15:49.

Amateur

Hope I'm not jinxing things but I have had a great start at Bradford Park Avenue as we currently sit top of the BSN with 3 wins from 3!

Edit: Am I the first to attempt this with Bradford PA?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Hope I'm not jinxing things but I have had a great start at Bradford Park Avenue as we currently sit top of the BSN with 3 wins from 3!

Edit: Am I the first to attempt this with Bradford PA?
    I think you are which is quite surprising as they arent that rare when reloading.

Amateur

Can I join this if I have a NextGen series and a custom Lithuanian league in watch-only on top of default 12.2 database?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by rodesire View Post
    Can I join this if I have a NextGen series and a custom Lithuanian league in watch-only on top of default 12.2 database?
    sorry mate, no database edits allowed . Might affect the game.

Amateur

Still ploughing along in second season in BSP, on the park turned things round and from a shocking start, now mid table approaching xmas. Off the park 2 things happening.

3 of my players now demand new contracts, but when i go into offer they are not interested in discussing terms :mad:

I have just had the board agree to increase junior coaching yet again, meaning i now have "exceptional" junior coaching! seems a bit over the top for the BSP! Sadly still no option to ask for more youth recruitment.

Can someone remind what these impact? Im sure i saw it either in this thread or another, explaining that Juniour coaching gives you players with better starting level of ability, but youth recruitment gives you players with better potential?

Reserves

think of it like this:

junior coaching- ability
    Youth recruitment- potential
    youth facilities- Progression

but the quality of youths is also affected by your clubs reputation.
    Last edited by ri916; 09-05-2012 at 21:04.

Amateur

ah ok thanks, well hopefully that means more of my youths are first team ready in the next intake, i could do with it.........just had a 4 game winning streak snapped by 2 straight heavy losses mid table BSP is best we are gonna get this season

FC Oss Researcher

Nothing really changed this season. We showed moments of brilliance, scoring goals that would not look out of place in League football but then also showed moments that looked out of place in the Blue Square South. Unfortunately more of the latter. We compete a lot, we never really get played off the park apart from when we play the big boys, but seem to lose the really tight games.

I really wanted to install a Defensive Mid that could break up a lot of the attacking moves and act as a 5th defender when needed but just did not have the player for it. Luckily in my intake I got a player that looks like he can fit the bill

YP01
    YP02
    YP03

Final Table

Proof I am Clean

Aim For Next Season: Really want to start climbing the league now, I don’t like being fodder!
    Last edited by La Furia Roja; 10-05-2012 at 09:38.

Amateur

quick question .. on which date do the youths come through?

FC Oss Researcher

13th of March

Amateur

ok mate cheers

Amateur

I've started this rather monstrous challenge as Carshalton over the last few days, and even though I accidentally created a manager with an already decent reputation in the game I'm hoping I can still update my progress. I didn't even expect to complete a season so I didn't bother taking a manager screenshot until the end of the first season. Anyhow, here I am: Francis York Morgan

L
    eague Table: As you can see our first season in the BSS was very much a successful one. We spent most of the season at the top of the table (helped by a 9-2 victory in our very first game) and despite a wobble in the middle when my players were all burned out from our various cup excursions we finished strongly and were crowned Champions with two games to spare!

Star man: Paul Vines was runaway player of the season in the BSS, with 50 goals in the league. Without him we'd probably have just been another mid table team, I fear if he doesn't score goals next season we'll go straight back down.

Cup Run: We somehow made it all the way to the FA Cup 3rd round after wins at home to Morcambe and Stockport in the 1st and 2nd rounds. A glamour tie against Blackburn was our eventual end, but hopefully we gained some extra finances and extra fans along the way. Halifax ended our interest in the FA Trophy, but not before we'd played a total of 4 replays in our glorious run to the 4th round.

Final Squad: A few of the youths from the first intake were immediately promoted to the first team to make up some numbers, with Richard Broomfield being the stand out candidate of the lot. Despite having high recommendations I'd be surprised if any of the rest have a long term future at the club.

And at least I can follow this rule in the thread, no transfers.

FC Oss Researcher

its ri916's challenge so it is his call, but really you should only be posting the updates if you are following all the rules in my book. If you have only done one season and want to do the challenge I would start again with the right rep.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by La Furia Roja View Post
    its ri916's challenge so it is his call, but really you should only be posting the updates if you are following all the rules in my book. If you have only done one season and want to do the challenge I would start again with the right rep.
    I figured as much to be honest. I'll have to give it another go later on today.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisYorkMorgan View Post
    I figured as much to be honest. I'll have to give it another go later on today.
    That sucks, but an enhanced manager reputation is one of the bigger boosts you can give yourself at the start of the game

Good luck on the restart

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester

2013/14 Youth Intake

Danny Robinson (YP2a)
    First up is the first good defender to come through my youth system. Robinson looks like he could have a great future at the club and will probably be going straight into the first team. He is solid technically, great in the air, and works very hard, although whether or not his high aggression will cause problems is yet to be seen.

Martin Houghton (YP2b)
    Next up we have Houghton, a young keeper that my coaches think is already good enough to jump straight into the first team although we already have a very solid keeper in Spencer, so I think he may have to wait to become number 1, although I will make sure he gets some games in the first team next season.

Phillip Charnley (YP2c)
    Lastly is a player that my coaches think is the weakest of the three in terms of their current ability but who I am most excited about. When Webb joined us last season I thought he was going to be great, but he has struggled a bit to convert his chances, but I think that Charnley could have a much better time. He is good across the board physically and is a much more natural finisher and is more composed than Webb was and so hopefully can prove himself to be able to bag himself plenty of goals next year.

Absolutely chuffed with this years intake. 3 players who will all be getting plenty of first team games next season and who could all potentially be great players for the club in future.

Amateur

Ah damn it I hadn't seen that and then when I checked my manager I discovered I was an ex pro! A shame considering the start we had, but I guess it must have helped me a lot. I was wondering Ri916, as I only came across this by the above conversation if you could make this rule a bit clearer in the OP. I know it is my fault for not reading it properly but it would help others to not make the same mistake. Cheers.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Ah damn it I hadn't seen that and then when I checked my manager I discovered I was an ex pro! A shame considering the start we had, but I guess it must have helped me a lot. I was wondering Ri916, as I only came across this by the above conversation if you could make this rule a bit clearer in the OP. I know it is my fault for not reading it properly but it would help others to not make the same mistake. Cheers.
    sorry if it wasnt clear enough, I will check the OP out now

edit: I changed it to bold
    Last edited by ri916; 10-05-2012 at 15:53.

Amateur

Today in a shocking piece of news newly promoted Hednesford Town have decided to hire unknown sunday footballer George Elokobi as their new manager! Several of the club's faithful have spoken out about this on social media!
    @HT_4_life "This is disgusting, after all the hard work the squad put in to get to the BSN/S they hire this fool as a manager!"

@Hednesford_Unofficial "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo."

Club: Hednesford Town
    Nickname: The Pitmen
    Icons: None
    Fierce Rivals: Stafford
    Other Rivals: None
    Estimated Value: £350k
    Season Ticket Holders: 96
    Bank Balance: £30k

Stadium: Keys Park
    Stadium Capacity: 6500 (1025 seated)
    Corporate Facilities: Fairly basic corporate facilities
    Training Facilities: Fairly basic Training facilities
    Youth Facilities: Minimal youth facilities (Rented)
    Junior Coaching: Minimal junior coaching
    Youth Recruitment: Limited youth recruitment

Part-Timer

Kingstonian unveil Martyn James as new manager

Kingstonian chairman Robert Doherty held a press conference this morning to officially announce Martyn James as the new manager of Kingstonian FC. This is James' first venture into management and supporters are eagerly anticipating the new approach he claims the club is taking.

James said "In the future it will be club policy to look in-house for new talent for the first team. I see no reason why, with the right appproach, our youth system can not drive this club to the football league in the coming years." These are bold claims made by James with Kingstonian two divisions from league football and favorites for relegation.

When questioned about relegation though, James seemed confident of his sides chances, saying "The current set of players gained promotion to this league and, with the right application, can progress the club further. There is no money for new players but the squad is good enough to hold its own and intends to prove that once the season begins."

When asked again if the clubs new youth policy was really the way forward or just a way to appease fans dissapointed at the lack of signings, James remained calm and responded enthusiastically "Over the next few years the money we save on player transfers is going to be spent on improving the infrastructure at the club. If we can build an academy and a reputation for bringing youngsters through this in turn will attract better youngsters to the club. The vision is clear and I am really looking forward to the future."
    __________________________________________________ ___________

After looking through this thread and seeing how well you guys have done I have decided to start my own save. Will have lots of spare time over the next few months and want a long save until FM13. This is my first challenge save and I look forward to it. Here is a squad overview and that is every player at the club. No youth players at all yet. Here are my facilities. My highest rated player is Bobby Traynor.

Media prediction of 22nd. I also have only one natural striker at the club so goals may be hard to come by. Going to go for a 4-4-1-1 to start off.

Season objective = survival
    Last edited by marty78; 10-05-2012 at 18:08.

Reserves

marty- good luck with Kingstonian mate

Part-Timer

marty- good luck with Kingstonian mate
    Thanks and great challenge you've started mate.

Amateur

Getting stuck in league 1! 3 seasons in League 1 now, Playoffs 1st season and slowly slipping! No good players coming in and board wont allow improvements!

Part-Timer

Yikes.
    I submitted the tactic I have used for the past 3-5 seasons in my Weymouth games (I forget when I started using it) to this great challenge thread and it did horrendously (post #77)

Makes me wonder if it (well, if I) am holding back our progress at all with using it......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast