+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,400 of 2422

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Amateur

Is it too late to join this challenge?

Reserves

I'd sell him for that amount. Jack, it's never too late to join the challenge and you can have as many attempts as you like. As long as you don't have as many attempts as me. That's one record I like. Just make sure you read the OP which I'm sure you have done. If there's something you don't understand, we're all here to try and help .

Amateur

Cheers Just holidaying now. Not sure which team to choose though. Any suggestions?

Reserves

It's pot luck as to who you'll get a choice to pick due to who get's promoted. Usual promoted teams are Chester, Carshalton and Bury Town. Occasionally you'll get a random team, so it just depends. Unless you want a really hard challenge, don't choose Stafford Rangers.

Amateur

Brau, take the money and run! £108k/month should keep you in profit for a while which will make it easier to get upgrades to facilites/coaching/etc.

Jack, take the biggest rep club that gets promoted into the BS regional leagues. If you choose someone like Harrow (as I did) then you'll need to be a miracle worker. The challenge is difficult enough in the first couple of seasons as it is ....

Amateur

Joe Bloggs takes over at FC United!

Manager profile

Reserves

Jackadaniels- Welcome to the challenge mate! good luck with FC United.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Jack, it's never too late to join the challenge and you can have as many attempts as you like.
    I thought I would make this clear in the OP, feel free to check it out

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    Jackadaniels- Welcome to the challenge mate! good luck with FC United.
    Thanks a lot! Just by looking at the players I can tell this is going to be tough to start with.

Part-Timer

Welcome onboard Jack.

Thanks for the advice guys, I have a lot to update later.....

Amateur

Just got my second lot of youth players through at Kingstonian. However, none are getting the YP tag as the best is only predicted to be a good BSS player. As always, screen shot at the end of the season.

Part-Timer

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 2016-17

Overview
    Season 5 2016/17 Targets
    * BSP Survival - Achieved, and then some!
    * Operate on a profit - Not even close, youth setup costs are now large
    * Minimize wage bill increases (a lot of youth intake renewals coming up) - Minimized, but rising

League
    With survival on our minds, the start to the season put everyone on notice. 1st and 3rd games of the season were home games and they were both won 6-0! In-between was an unfortunate 0-1 away loss, but people took note. Again we finished top scorers in the league and we were leakier at the back than ideal, but it worked.
    Gillingham ran away with the league and there was only 2 points covering the 4 play-off teams. First leg of play-off semi was against Kidderminister who I had beat and drew with in the league, but who knocked me out of the FA Trophy. A 2-3 defeat was not ideal, but not a critical blow even though we blew a 2-1 lead with 10 minutes to go. The 2nd leg started badly going 0-1 down (2-4 on agg), but then the big players stepped up, equalized just before HT and put together a fantastic 2nd half performance running out 5-1 victors on the night.
    Play-Off Final time for the second year in a row, and this was a nerve killer! Ebbsfleet the opponents and they received a red card in the 35th minute while still 0-0. Hopes were high, but they battled themselves into a 0-2 lead with 38th and 59th minute goals. 30 minute to save the season and the kitchen sink came out. Goals on 62 and 70 tied things up, but it was Ebbsfleet who were the more dangreous as ET approached. We survived and nicked a 92 min goal, time for the 10 men to bring out the kitchen sink, but this time it didn't work and we even countered in the 114th min for the clincher!
    Back to back promotions, carried all the way by captain Sam Bryant in the middle of the park.

Cups
    Nothing of note. Out at first hurdle in the FA Cup and second hurdle in the FA Trophy, which to be honest helped out in the long run with the lack of congestion in the 2nd half of the season.

Notable Events
    Sam Bryant receives his (and the clubs) first international call-up (England u19s)
    Sam Bryant wins BSP player of the year award

Youth Intake
    Decent. Daniel Edworthy (YP 5a) should provide competition for the FC role eventually (although he started out rough) and Matt Mogg can slot into a weak position of DL. Grigg has potential, but will find it hard to fight through the mass of FCs that my youth intake gives me and Matt Bryant (no relation to Sam, judging by their lack of fav person mentions) has the clubs 3rd best player blocking his route currently.

Transfers
    None! (incoming wise)

Next Year Goals
    * L2 Survival

Part-Timer

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 2017-18

Overview
    * L2 Survival - Achieved, and then some again!

League
    While the BSP run last season was unexpected, this season was simply unbelievable. The core of the team has now been together several years and key players have progressed to levels above or equal to L2. Sam Bryant is now touted as a good Championship MC and Geoff Pritchett a good L1 FC.
    Our first 9 league games saw 7 wins and 2 draws and suddenly all eyes were on us. Sam Bryant was shining as bright as ever for us and now also for a sucessful England u19s team. His reputation went National just before the season and by the end was at Continental!
    With the generous nature of the L2 promotion places (3 auto and 4 playoff! What a difference from the scrooge like BSP / BSS leagues!) we never found ourselves in any real battle.
    Except, as unlikely as it sounds, for the title. with 5 games to go we were 8 points behind Rotherham, who had just beat us 0-2 at our place. But they took their foot off the gas and going into the last game of the season we were just two points behind. Alas, both teams won and we were promoted in 2nd place!
    Weymouth, always the bridesmaids and never the bride. No trophies yet, but fantastic progress.

Cups
    Again, disappointing but no fixture congestion later on helped. Out at 2nd Johnstones Paint hurdle, out at first FA Cup hurdle. Lost in League Cup play-off game with Gillingham, so never made it into the proper competition.

Notable Events
    The emergence of Daniel Edworthy (YP 5a). After a lack lustre start to his career at the end of last season, Daniel was due to be a late game sub for the most part. A niggling injury to an FC early on in the season meant he got a start and proceeded to score a hat-trick! He never looked back and banged an amazing 35 league goals in 40 games. No clubs looking at him yet, but I imagine it is only a matter of time.
    Sam Bryant has been fantastic, captain for the last 3 years, fans player of the season for three straight years, as well as highest average rating and assist provider too. The bad news is his expiring contract. Down to 12 months left, and although he options talks with me (Weymouth listed as a fav club, me as a fav person) and I offer max on every option he walks away due to being too far apart. Not looking good and time to decide if I cash in on him or hope and pray things change.

Sam picked up L2 player of the year honors too!

Youth Intake
    Not great. 3 players tagged with YP, but none expected to star. Hoping they develop into squad players.

Transfers
    None incoming!

Next Year Goals
    * L1 survival
    * Re-sign Sam Bryant
    Last edited by Braumiller; 13-04-2012 at 14:52.

Part-Timer

The Sale - Club Icon Sam Bryant Leaves

With his contract winding down and no positive end to contract talks it was time to make a move in the transfer market. Sam Bryant (YP 3a) had carried the team on his back for 3 seasons (3 player of the year awards for the club, BSP player of the year, L2 player of the year and lead the club in average rating and assists every year).

He was currently valued at 825k and I sent out a fax to all teams stating his availability for 6.5m.
    Premiership QPR returned almost instantly with a non-negotiable 3.9m offer (1.3m up front, 2.6m over 24 months) with a 20% future profit clause and an Arrange Friendly clause.
    I would have prefered more, but that sum will put the club on a firm financial footing for a long time and I can begin to build up the infrastructure.

Images of the event!

Club Information
    Fans Player of the Year
    Highest Average Ratings
    Most Assists

The Bid
    Fans Upset At Sale
    Fans Understand Though
    New Look Sam Bryant (with attribues I am very proud of helping to develop - here he is on his Youth Intake Day)

And finally, Sam Bryant's Weymouth League Career

So, my first sale and first submission for entry into the Hall of Fame.
    Transfer Received - Sam Bryant 3.9m (plus 20% profit clause, which I will update if I receive anything from that).

Proof

Part-Timer

Ok, now I am all caught up again

Time to get back into this.

Me

The team that I decided to pick this time is Chester, The Squad

Amateur

Hmm .... I need another very strong pre-season financially, as I have persuaded the board to ....

A. Increase my junior coaching. It's now rated at Average.
    B. Improve the training facilities at a cost of £400,000
    C. Improve the youth facilities at a cost of £350,000

My wage bill has been creeping up a bit as well, and now stands at £2450/week although that will go back under £2k/week at the end of the season as I have 4 players out of contract, and they will not be renewed.

Amateur

Kingstonian - BSS - 2013/14

Another solid and unspectactular season, finishing 17th (1 place and 3 points worse than my first season). In the cups, we fared better however, by reaching Q3 in the FA Cup and the 2nd round of the FA Trophy, so slightly better all round.

I've had to throw a couple of youngsters in this season, and while they haven't disgraced themselves, they haven't set the world alight either. Tyrone Treacher was probably the pick of them, scoring 13 goals in 42 appearences, with an average rating of 6.77

As I mentioned above, I managed to get the board to agree to a number of improvments, however, the expansion of the training facility was cancelled due to not enough funds. The youth facilities will cost £325,000, a little bit cheaper than stated above

Transfers - Nothing to see here, move along please.

Not that good of a youth intake, however, I did get cover for my midfield, which is what I needed most. However, as my assistant said they would only be good or leading BSS players, none of them will be getting the YP tag this year.

Finances - Still a little bit left over, so with another strong preseason (financially), I should be able to get the training facilities improved next year.

Goals for 2014/15

Finish 14th or higher, preferably in the top half (doesn't sound ambitious, but it will be an improvement)
    Get junior coaching to good
    Get training facilities improved
    Reach Q4 of the FA Cup.

Amateur

Hi guys, room for one more on the "Crazy Gang" bus??

This is a brilliant thread, it's given playing FM a whole new lease of life!!

Anyway, as you can see - I've ended up at Bedford Town - major concerns about age of squad though - of the 22 players in the squad, 9 are over the age of 31!! - the Youth policy is going to be a major culture shock for this club!! I hope I get a decent first intake - if not, could be a major headache keeping all the geriatrics going!!

Nick Williams was today named as the new Bedford Town manager, after all the “who??” comments, those who attended the press conference to announce his appointment were extremely interested in his “no transfer” policy, listening in disbelief to his intention to solely rely on the club’s youth policy to take them up the leagues. Alan Hansen, the well known BBC pundit, was heard to repeat, muttering as he left the room – “you don’t win anything with kids” – The football world awaits with interest to see if it’s possible!!!

Club: Bedford Town
    Nickname: The Eagles
    Icons: None
    Fierce Rivals: None
    Other Rivals: None
    Estimated Value: £150k
    Season Ticket Holders: 112
    Bank Balance: £30k

Stadium: The New Eyrie
    Stadium Capacity: 3000 (300 seated)
    Corporate Facilities: Basic corporate facilities
    Training Facilities: Basic Training facilities
    Youth Facilities: Minimal youth facilities
    Junior Coaching: Basic junior coaching
    Youth Recruitment: Limited youth recruitment
    Last edited by Hot Dog; 13-04-2012 at 19:27.

Reserves

Braumiller- Well done on the back to back promotions! hopefully you can consolidate them with a nice mid table finish in L1. Its a shame about Sam Bryant, but you made a wise choice in selling him.

Avramski- a good consolidation season there and it looks like your in for a hell of a lot of fundraising to get those requests through!

Drew- Good to see you having another crack after what happened, I'm not sure I could face doing it all again!

Hot dog- welcome and have fun with bedford!

Amateur

Avramski- a good consolidation season there and it looks like your in for a hell of a lot of fundraising to get those requests through!
    1 Friendly tournament and 1 friendly league = ~£380k in gate reciepts and ~£175k TV money. Job done

Oh 10th after 7 games, I just hope I can keep that up for the rest of the season, but sadly, it will be without Tyrone Treacher who damaged his cruciate ligaments in preseason, and will miss the entire season!

Amateur

Thank god I didn't give Treacher a YP tag. The long term injury has killed off his stats, ability and potential He'll probably be released at the end of the season now ....

Amateur

Chester - Seaon 13/14 (season 2) - BSP

league

Well only one thing to say about it, AWFULL. We never got on a roll this season and with awfull finishing, awfull GK and a lot of penalties against their was only one option and that was regelation.
    Actually it was very close, i regelated on the last playday by an awfull proformence agaist a fellow regelator.

Graph

Both FA Cup and FAT were also a letdown with both a first match against a top team from my own division.

Youth Intake

And more bad news not a single youthintake player was worth mentioning here, so a very sad year for own youth

so their is only one thing left
    Proof of no cheating

And back to BSN/BSS for me

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Drew the Cookie Eater View Post
    Time to get back into this.

Me

The team that I decided to pick this time is Chester, The Squad
    Good luck!

Hopefully I can carry on Lowestoft Towns torch, though we're still struggling in the BSN in our second season

Youth Intake to come soon, hopefully it's good news.

Amateur

I'm willing to give this scenario a try, because it sounds incredibly fun and hard (which adds to my fun). I only have marginal LLM experience, so I'm not sure how well I'll do. I have one question though: are you allowed to give yourself 'international player' experience as a manager? If I decide to give this challenge a whirl, I'll be posting updates here soon enough!

Edit: reread original post, have my answer.
    Last edited by Chef Raekwon; 14-04-2012 at 10:44.

Youth Intake

Adie Beech get's the YP1 tag, could become a pretty decent captain in the future.

Amateur

Youth Intake!

link

so two players get the YP tag this year.

The first being Ronnie Lockett YP03, a player who will probably go right into the starting 11 which should hopefully see him develop,we have been in dire need of a half decent left back who can play without getting sent off all the time.

The second player is not necessarily the best, but I think he will be the most useful, Taylor Good YP04 , this is because he is a goalkeeper, and we have really needed a reliable goalkeeper at times this season, so if he can develop he could be a good player for us.

Anyone with over 4* gold star potential and 3* silver star current has been signed for squad cover and to play in the youths and reserve teams.
    Last edited by Jpr; 14-04-2012 at 12:49.

Amateur

My brother got mad at me and deleted my file (i'm on his laptop when i'm playing). So i have to start over again, 2 seasons hard work raising my youth for notting :-(

Amateur

Also, is anyone else controlling team selection for U18's and Reserves? takes longer as you have to sit through the games but it means you can give maximum playtime to players your assman usually ignores.

First game in charge the U18's won 1-0, with our new keeper saving a penalty

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by mthielen View Post
    My brother got mad at me and deleted my file (i'm on his laptop when i'm playing). So i have to start over again, 2 seasons hard work raising my youth for notting :-(
    Doesnt sound like you have a very nice brother .

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Jpr View Post
    Also, is anyone else controlling team selection for U18's and Reserves? takes longer as you have to sit through the games but it means you can give maximum playtime to players your assman usually ignores.

I didnt control mine because it takes forever to get through the seasons. Plus youths improve very little by playing U18's matches. The most I ever did was set it so they used first team tactics in team policy.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Jpr View Post

My approach so far is to thrust those who appear to have enough potential into the first team. I spent 4 years in the BSS as they matured, but now they are all firing on all cylinders and the club has took off.

This is starting to lessen now in L2 and L1, with the good intakes going on the 1st team bench. I can see loaning them out and finally running a reserves team here soon (I have yet to run reserves yet, to save money and I never had enough players)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Avramski View Post
    Goals for 2014/15

Finish 14th or higher, preferably in the top half (doesn't sound ambitious, but it will be an improvement) - Failed
    Get junior coaching to good - Achieved
    Get training facilities improved - Failed. Board rejected my request
    Reach Q4 of the FA Cup - Failed. Out in Q3 again
    As you can see from that, I didn't have that good a season. Aaaaanyway ....

Kingstonian - BSS - 2014/15

League form in the second half of the season was, quite frankly, disasterous with just 2 wins and 4 draws in my last 18 games which as you all agree, is relegation form. Fortunately, that wasn't the case, as we managed to get enough points on the board early enough so relegation wasn't really a possibility, although I was getting worried with about 8 games to go. In those circumstances, 19th was probably the best I could achieve. I could have been slightly better but already relegated Canvey Island beat us on the last day of the season, although to be fair, we had played the top 4 teams in the previous 4 games which destroyed to teams confidence.

In the cups, out in Q3 of the FA Cup again, this time to Maidenhead who were relegated from the BSS last season. In the FA Trophy, BSP team Woking needed a replay in the 2nd round to beat us, so a slight improvement there.

Transfers - As always, I'm clean ....

Finances - Still a few pennies in the bank.

Youth Intake - For a BSS team, that pretty good. At the start of March, I persuaded the board to increase junior coaching to Good, which is the only target I reached that I set myself. Anyway, after looking closely at the players, I've decided the 3 players are worthy of getting the YP tag this season. These are Kurt McCarthy (report card), Terrance Phillips (report card) and Tim Hardy (report card). All 3 have gone straight into the 1st team.

No players from my previous 2 intakes have stood out, especially seeing the 1 I had big hopes for, Treacher missed the whole season through injury. He has gone from 4 1/2 stars PA to just 2 stars, with some of the decline coming after he started training again. So he will be released in the summer.

Goals for 2015/16

Reach Q4 in the FA Cup
    Finish 14th or higher in the league.
    Get training facilities improved.
    Get Youth recruitment improved

Amateur

Just finished my first full season as manager of Lewes finishing in 19th position in the BSS.

This is a season that I have never had to expierence before in my life of playing FM. I have learnt a lot of things and I think it will helping me in seasons to come.

We narrowly managed to avoid relegation finishing three points off the drop zone (league table). This season had started so promisingly with us sitting top of the league at the end of October. Then a spur of injuries and suspension left the team crippled and we never managed to recover from there. Winning only two games in the new year and managing only I handful of draws I was fearing the worst. It was only down to the good start we had and also the teams below us inability to win, that prevented us from being relegated. To make matters worse the board also cut back on the budget and I was unable to keep my squad together(15 players/staff had to be released at the end of the season) This has left me with a young inexperienced squad with little chance of progression over the next few seasons (my youth team are average at best)

I have decided to take some time to think about my future. I will carry on with the challenge but It may well be with another club. I'll let you all know soon. Really enjoying this challenge though, I will not let in beat me.

Amateur

LEWES MANAGER STAYING ON ANOTHER YEAR!!!!!

After meeting with Lewes FC Chairman Mike Downes to discuss the clubs future, Manager Matt Donnelly has just annouced he will be staying on as manager of Lewes FC.

"We had a difficult first season in the BSS last year.This year will be just as hard, but we now have a young squad and I believe these kids can go on to do amazing things. I am happy that the club is moving in the right direction and hope I can help develop these youngster and make them reach their full potential."

Youth team
    y
    p01 (I have high hopes for young Stuart)

Current team
    Transfer (none, although I wish at times I had a few)
    Finances (really struggling here, can't seem to raise much cash)
    Player of the season (Not a bad season for Marlon, hoping he can become a key player this year)

Objects for 13/14 season
    Finish mid table.
    FA CUP Q3
    FA Trophy (would like a cup run but any experience gained is a bonus)

Amateur

Hendon 2020/21 - L2

League Table : thought i would struggle and never did.

Squad

Key Players

Rhys Knight YP03

Lionel Rutherford YP09

Proof of not cheating TRANSFERS

Youth Improvement

Finances

Next season:
    Survive the L1 and develop the youths. i would like to establish myself in this league for 4-5 seasons if i can

Code:
    		HENDONS YOUTH CAREER
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YEAR	LEAGUE	POS	PTS	PROM/REL  	FA CUP		lEAGUE CUP	OTHER
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12/13	BSS	18TH	43	N/A		4TH QUALS
    13/14	BSS	17TH	41	N/A		2ND QUALS
    14/15	BSS	14TH	49	N/A		1ST RND
    15/16	BSS	5TH	69	PLYOFF SEMI	3RD QUALS
    16/17	BSS	16TH	53	N/A		3RD RND
    17/18	BSS	7TH	68	N/A		4TH QUALS
    18/19	BSS	1ST	90	WINNERS		2ND QUALS
    19/20	BSP	1ST	85	WINNERS		4TH QUALS			FA TROPHY WINNERS
    20/21	L2	1ST	90	WINNERS		2nd RND		1ST RND
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOUTH PLAYERS OVER 200 APPS
    Code:
    ------------Name-----------------------Appearances-----------Goals---------------Assists-----------Average Rating--------
    ---------------------------------------------------------GK: Goals Conc-----GK: Clean Sheets-----------------------------

Laurent Friend  (YP02) (ST)      235 (267)         66 (72)             43 (49)              6.92
            (2013-Present)

Domininc Bass          (DRC)     230 (261)         2  (2)              6  (6)               6.80
    	(2012-Present)

Rhys Knight     (YP03) (DM)	219 (250)	  13 (15)	      93 (103)		   7.16
    	(2014-Present)

Key: league (all competitions)
    Last edited by the_greyham; 15-04-2012 at 20:22.

Amateur

Wow your jumping up the league aren't you greyham, Grats on another promotion, all the best for league 1.

Reserves

greyham- Well done on the successive promotions! Just goes to show that its worth persevering in the BSS!

Lurker

I will be giving this a try. Manager on Holiday now.

Reserves

good luck!

Amateur

Still in my second season with Lowestoft but having some trouble now, last seasons youth have realised we're **** and don't want to sign new contracts...

Forgot to sign them up on long term ones as well, luckily we should have cover if they end up leaving

quite annoyed with myself for missing it. I may end up leaving the challenge this year if we don't avoid relegation anyway haha.

Reserves

jpr- keep persevering, they will eventually sign up but it might only be days before they are out of contract.

Hey, Saw this and loved the idea, hope its not too late to join,

I went for FC Utd of Manchester

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/...nformation.png

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/...rs_History.png

Part-Timer

Quick update on my Weymouth game.
    Mid November in my first season post Sam Bryant and first season in L1 and the scenario is as you would expect, fighting for every and any point in the battle for survival!

After the past 2 crazy years, time to reinstate the Weymouth 4 year per division plan!
    Year 1 - Survive
    Year 2 - Consolidate
    Year 3 - Contend
    Year 4 - Promotion

At this level, this is also more of a knife edge, as any intakes I have been receiving recently now require a year or more of nurturing before hitting the first team.

Interesting Sam Bryant update, in my end of October boardroom message, as well as letting me know they are happy and I lost 43k for the month (even with my Sam Bryant transfer payments of 108k) I can already buyout his 20% profit clause if I wish for 502k!
    Holding off for now, as my bank balance is still healthy but slowly eroding, but come the summer time I might activate if still able, as I have a training facilities update in the planning stages that will cost 350k

Reserves

marshall- Its never to late to join! have fun with FC United

braumiller- take the money and run. 502k is a lot plus its up front. Bryants value will probably drop as when you sold him he was in epic form. He is now probably playing less games in a higher division so I would take the 502k buyout. QPR would have to sell him for 6million to get that amount.
    Last edited by ri916; 16-04-2012 at 14:02.

[QUOTE=ri916;7743482]marshall- Its never to late to join! have fun with FC United

Thanks played 10 and i'm 5th in the league at the moment over achieving a lot!

Amateur

The biggest match in my Kingstonian career to date sees us beating Leyton Orient in the 2nd round of the FA Cup 1-0.

Our reward? A trip to league 1 side Wycombe Wanderers ....

On the plus side though, we've made just shy of £80,000 in prize money, and with the match being shown live on TV, that was another £70,000. It keeps us with a hefty amount in the bank still (£582,304 at the time of making this post).

FA Cup run in full.

Q2 Chipstead 0-2 Kingstonian
    Q3 Aveley 2-3 Kingstonian
    Q4 Kingstonian 2-1 Tonbridge
    1 Kingstonian 3-1 Hereford
    2 Kingstonian 1-0 Leyton Orient

Amateur

Gah. I'm without internet for 2 weeks and so many people are doing so well. I ended up completing my third season with Margate. I was relegated out of the BSS with 2 games to go unfortunately. I felt I was weak on the tactical side having never really building my own tactics before, and tactical nous is integral to this challenge.

I started a new game with Canvey Island 4 days ago. The first team I've managed with a left winger so I could finally try a simple 4-4-2 and it worked pretty darn well (in comparison to my awful 4-5-1 with both Tooting and Mitcham and Margate). I could've done a lot better in the first season if I hadn't selected the largest pitch setting though. My first batch of Youth Prospects weren't great. Flitney, the DC has 3 at Jumping which is rather off putting. I've tried to train him to be a DM but he mustn't be very versatile because it's been over a year and he's still awkward.

Second season I was expecting a lot more from the team and I got it. We were flirting with the playoffs a lot but I'm glad we failed as I don't think we're ready for BSP.
    The second season Youth Prospects and I was shocked to see someone ready to start immediately.

That's about it. I'm hopeful that I won't go down yet again in my 3rd season...

Code:
    Year   Season   League   Final Pos.   Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Ag   GD   Pts
      1    2012/13    BSS       15th       14      11      17      66   60   +6   53
      2    2013/14    BSS        8th       18       9      15      62   54   +8   63
    Last edited by Donaldoholic; 16-04-2012 at 23:00.

Semi Pro

ill be getting mine back up and running very soon

Drew. Chester City. Blue Square North. 2012/2013

Table - got into the play-offs, where we lost to Bishop's Stortford, even though it was disappointing to not get promoted, I was still pleased with the prgress we had made over the dourse of the season.

Squad

Proof I haven't cheated

Finances

Code:
    Year   Season   League   Final Pos.   Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Ag   GD   Pts
      1    2012/13    BSN        5th       18      15       9      54   39  +15   69
    Drew. Chester City. Blue Square North. 2013/2014

Youth Intake

Joshua Wharton was given the YP2 tag.

Table - promotion, easy as pie that was, now for the hard part in trying to survive in the BSP, youth recruitment and junior coaching were both increased.

Squad

Adie Beech YP1 done well in his first full season, will try and get him some more game time next season, and I feel that within the next few years, he will be a vital part of our team, potential captain as well.

Proof I haven't cheated

Finances

Code:
      2    2013/14    BSN        1st       27      11       4      74   33  +41   92

Part-Timer

I don't normally do teasers or mini updates during the season, but I just hit my youth intake this season and I do not know whether to laugh or cry....

First things first to set the scene for the laughing or the crying.
    10 games left to go in the season. Sitting in 18th spot in my first L1 season (places 21st-24th go down), but we are only two points above the relegation zone.
    I am the highest scoring team in the league (75 goals in 36 games, next highest scorers are league leading Bournemouth with 64), but in contrast I also have the worst defense in the league (conceded 80 in 36 games). So, it doesn't take Einstein to figure out where in my lineup my youth develpment guys should be looking to identify talent for.....
    I walk into my office this morning and see the list of kids who are coming in for youth trials and I order them by potential. Top two are bloody FCs (I have 4 first team FCs currently, fighting for 2 spots). There are 4 others who might have a chance of making their way into the first team eventually, another FC, and AML, AMR and finally a DC!

So, while crying over my incoming crop of kindergarteners I take a look at the "one they feel has the potential to be the most gifted player to come through ..... blah, blah, blah" and sweet jebus if he isn't pure gold.

Rau Holland is dubbed the next Michael Owen, is already capable of playing at L1 or L2 or leading BSP (depending on which coach you ask), but all agree he will become a good Premiership FC!!!

Now to find a good 3-2-5 or 2-3-5 formation to fit all these goalhangers....

Here he is.
    Going to be training up his composure and first touch intensely to begin with and get him straight into first team action from the bench.

I would have given my left nut for something like this in the back four or even MC to help solidify things.
    I see absolutely zero 0-0 draws in the next 5 years here at Weymouth.....
    Last edited by Braumiller; 17-04-2012 at 16:25. Reason: I spelt my new youth players name wrong...

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Braumiller View Post
    I would have given my left nut for something like this in the back four or even MC to help solidify things.
    Why the left one? is it particularly special? . On a serious note, congrats on a great player!

Amateur

Looks great!!!

This will give me a much needed break from my dafuge's FM12 challenge

Going to go with my beloved FC United who have given me so my joy in the past... despite living down the road from Weymouth

Before I get to into this can someone please tell what the hell junior coaching is as everyone says something different ?????

Part-Timer

Why the left one? is it particularly special? . On a serious note, congrats on a great player!
    The right one is reserved for a franchise GK (good lord the Americanization of me appears almost complete) or a sugar daddy chairman

Semi Pro

starting this up again Season 2 in EPL hopefully have an update tomorrow nite but don't know yet as i have just got another job that will take be working 7days a week

Amateur

After reading the thread yesterday, I decided to give this ago last night. After holidaying which took almost the entire evening, I decided to go for St. Albans. Managed to set up a few friendlies, get some decent staff and got the board to increase my junior coaching and the range already. Will start properly tonight and post some screen shots.

Amateur

noi don't so i now finally found some time to start over.

I'm running holliday now and we'll see what team i'll get.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    starting this up again Season 2 in EPL hopefully have an update tomorrow nite but don't know yet as i have just got another job that will take be working 7days a week
    welcome to my world

2 days morning shift, 2 days late shift and 3 days night shift and then 2 days weekend

Amateur

Just been reading through all these posts, its a great idea for a challenge, i think im going to try it in a different country though...not sure which yet though.

Part-Timer

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 2018-19

Season 7 - League One

Goals
    * L1 survival - Achieved
    * Re-sign Sam Bryant - Failed, but decently compensated

So, the year started out with club icon and captain Sam Bryant being sold to Premiership QPR (post detailing it here).
    As we began our first attack on League 1 it became evident that while we were still adequately equipped there was a definite hangover from the sale.

Eventually we finished 16th in the league, but this was a season of two halves.
    First 23 games of the season so us pick up 21 pts (5 wins, 6 draws, 12 losses) while the second 23 games saw us pick up 38 pts (12 wins, 2 draws, 9 losses). If we are able to perform next season as we did in the 2nd half of last season then top half / play offs are within the realm of possibility.
    Around Christmas we hit bottom position in the league, but only for one week. It also kickstarted the season and we reeled off 5 straight wins. The league was extremely tight though and all the way up until 3 games to go we were never more than 3-5 points above the relegation zone.
    What was remarkable about our year was leading the charts in goal scoring and conceding. Never a dull game down at Weymouth

Cups
    League Cup - Out at first attempt
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Out at first attempt
    FA Cup - Finally some cup action! Comfortable 4-0 wins in rounds 1 and 2 against lower or equal level opposition, and then high flying Championship Barnsley in round 3 at home. A 2-2 draw, but notably we had a 92nd min winner disallowed. The replay was expected to be a bloodbath, but another 2-2 draw followed (we had now entered into the 2nd half of the season and the start of our good form) and a 5-3 penalty shootout win meant a 4th round appearance for the first time. Where Reading beat us 0-2, but it should have been more. Oh well!

Even with our bank balance hovering around 2m my board continuously denied any improvements for all requests, until finally just before Christmas they agreed to both training and youth facility upgrades (a first for both). They were in planning for the remainder of the season and have just now begun. They will both finish at the end of November this year and have cost us a combined 700k.

One more year of Sam Bryant transfer installments to come, but after this it is going to get ugly from a money point of view. We broke even this year and that is with 2.6m in transfer money coming in (1.3m to come in next year).
    My youth set up total costs for the year were 1.87m!!! Until I gain another promotion or a sugar daddy arrives, we might have to be a selling club.

Sign of our struggle - Total wages for L1 clubs. We are 24th of 24 and half of the 23rd.

I also sold the 20% future profit clause on my Sam Bryant transfer back to QPR for a 502k lump sum, so his total sale price was now 4.402m

Speaking of, my next two big contract renewals are 24 months out.
    My AMR (Rob Neal) is asking for crazy money, but at least negotiated (and then walked away), but my new captain and main FC Geoff Pritchett is not talking..... Let's hope he either begins talking or another good year prompts some interest and he becomes my 2nd big sale.

Transfer Proof

Youth Intake
    A nice youth intake this year (I am paying enough for them!!!!). 6 tagged with YP who I hope will eventually break into the first team squad. The one exception being 'the next Michael Owen', Ray Holland. My coaches rate him currently between a good L1 FC and a leading BSP FC, but all have him down as a good Premiership FC of the future. I have high hopes for Ray and if he stays healthy (he was injured for the last 7 weeks of the season after playing 4 games) I hope to get him lots of games and goals this next season to help progress.

Year 8 goals (2019/20)
    * L1 consolidation
    * Resign Geoff Pritchett
    * Tighten up defensively, while keeping attacking potency

Part-Timer

Stats Update Through May 2019

Code:
    Year   Season   League   Target Description  Target Positions   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
      1    2012/13    BSS     Avoid Relegation       14th-19th           13th        17      5       20     70       78     -8    56
      2    2013/14    BSS       Consolidate           9th-14th           15th        13     13       16     51       49     +2    52
      3    2014/15    BSS       Challenge             2nd-8th             4th        21     10       11     82       55    +27    73
      4    2015/16    BSS       Promotion             1st-5th             2nd        25      8        9     95       65    +30    83
      5    2016/17    BSP     Avoid Relegation       15th-20th            2nd        25      7       14     99       65    +34    82
      6    2017/18     L2     Avoid Relegation       15th-20th            2nd        30      6       10    108       62    +46    96
      7    2018/19     L1     Avoid Relegation       15th-20th           16th        17      8       21     95       93     +2    59
    Current YP Tagged First Team Squad Members - Career League Stats Ranked by Average Rating
    Code:
    Player Name       YP Tag   Position  Appearances   Goals   Assists  MOMs   Avg Rating
    Daniel Edworthy     5a       AML FC       85         70       18     15      7.48
    Dominic Michie      2c       AMRL        189         41       44     23      7.25
    Mark Keddie         2d       DC          194         46        6     19      7.16
    Geoff Pritchett     2b       FC          209        106       50     22      7.10
    Jake Jordan         1a       AMLC        159         42       46     17      7.09
    Nathan Clark        4a       DM MRC      143          7       35      4      7.01
    Rob Neal            1b       AMR         223         48       54     12      7.00
    Charles Robinson    2a       AMC FC      181         59       27      9      6.98
    Geoff Mason         6c       DC           38          0        1      0      6.95
    Darryl Stroud       6a       MC AMC       41          5        7      0      6.92
    Matt Mogg           5b       DL ML        62          0       10      1      6.91
    Nathan Rae          3b       DRC         150          0       14      2      6.88
    Ray Holland         7a       FC            4          1        1      0      6.85
    Paul Brown          1c       DR          144          1        9      5      6.84
    Martin Richards     1d       AMC         107         16       10      3      6.83
    Elliot Hobbs        4b       DMC MC       77          0        6      0      6.74
    Adam Doyle          4d       DMC MC       54          3        2      0      6.72
    Jon Gibson          3c       AMR FC       40          8        0      1      6.71
    Stephen Hendy       5e       DC           39          0        0      0      6.71
    James Shadrack      6b       DL WBL       12          0        2      0      6.64
    Marcus Grigg        5c       FC            2          0        0      0      6.55
    Matt Bryant         5d       MR            3          0        0      0      6.30

Reserves

braumiller- Good season there avoiding relegation. That new YP should be dubbed the next sam bryant, not michael owen!

Drew. Chester City. Blue Square Premier. 2014/2015

Table - good season in fairness, never got involved in a relegation battle, and not good enough to challenge for the play-offs, just about right tbh.

Squad

Adie Beech YP1 decent season from the youngster, more of the same next season.

Joshua Wharton YP2 had an okay season, got a few goals, and was used on the wing most of the time.

Finances

Proof I'm not cheating

Youth Intake

Neil Marshall-Jones YP3

Pat Haddow YP4

Code:
      3    2014/15    BSP       15th       13      19      14      38   48  -10   58

Reserves

Drew- Good work at chester. Hopefully you can make them as great as lowestoft

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mthielen View Post
    welcome to my world

2 days morning shift, 2 days late shift and 3 days night shift and then 2 days weekend
    mine is just all day everyday start at one job finish there pick my son up from school feed him then off to the next job

Drew. Chester City. Blue Square Premier. 2015/2016

Table - Awful, just awful; released a lot of the older players on high wages thinking I could have saved a bit of money, but instead it came to bite me on the back-side, we lost on the last day but so did Forest Green, so we stayed up.

Squad

Adie Beech YP1 had a decent enough season, improved quite a lot and should be in for a good season next year.

Joshua Wharton YP2 played well enough, didn't score as much as I had wanted, but being on the wing he did cause problems and contribute a few assists.

Neil Marshall-Jones YP3 done well, scored a few goals.

Pat Haddow YP4 done well despite being thrown in at the deep end

Finances

Proof I haven't cheated

Youth Intake a lot of players that can come into the fold for the first team, but a new right back and DM is what I really wanted.

Adie Molyneux YP5 got the YP tag, looks decent enough.

Code:
      3    2014/15    BSP       15th       13      19      14      38   48  -10   58
      4    2015/16    BSP       20th       10      15      21      43   66  -23   45

Semi Pro

Carshalton Atheltic : Survived to Fight Another Season

League Awful season thats why its so small the update because no body played well i need to score more goals only good thing is my youth player who came in and thats it for this season.

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Kerching!!!

FA Cup 5th round Chelsea

League Cup 3rd Round Liverpool

YP11 Report

My Fans are a bit to optimistic i got hammered by Derby who are champions and they are disappointed with the result even though Derby spend 100Mil + in the transfer window

Next years objective : Survival Again!!!
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 20-04-2012 at 21:17.

Part-Timer

Year 8 goals (2019/20)
    * L1 consolidation
    * Resign Geoff Pritchett
    * Tighten up defensively, while keeping attacking potency
    Goal #2 starting to sound unlikely.....
    This is 8 days before the start of the season. Sounding like I might be selling him soon and giving young Ray Holland his chance to shine.

Semi Pro

Goal #2 starting to sound unlikely.....
    This is 8 days before the start of the season. Sounding like I might be selling him soon and giving young Ray Holland his chance to shine.
    how long does he have left ??

Part-Timer

how long does he have left ??
    2 years still, so time to re-sign him if things go well (although he still isn't interested in discussing).
    To be honest, I would not be overly unhappy if he left as I have too many FCs currently.
    Two days after this was when I had to choose my new captain for the season ahead and I dropped him altogether so that if I do sell him it at least would not be my active captain again (as Sam Bryant was).
    I offered him to other clubs 5 times over the last week and just Champ and L1 clubs were interested, but not at the prices I quoted (started at 5m, went down to 1.2m +50% profit clause - he is valued at 475k atm).

With him being on the transfer list his Info page now stated he doesn't want to leave the club, so I have taken him off and put him on the bench for my first league game. He will start 75% of my games this year, maybe he scores for fun and gets the attention of bigger clubs......

Amateur

Without scrolling through all 1,370 posts, has anyone won the Premier League doing this yet??

Love the idea of this challenge

I have been doing Dafuge's challenge for a number of years.

This looks one hell of a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Without scrolling through all 1,370 posts, has anyone won the Premier League doing this yet??

Love the idea of this challenge

I have been doing Dafuge's challenge for a number of years.

This looks one hell of a challenge
    No one has won it yet, but I know toonbalmy87 is in the Prem.

Amateur

Ok thanks mate

yeah saw a screenshot of someone in the Prem

Great stuff

I feel a new challenge coming on

Amateur

League Awful season thats why its so small the update because no body played well i need to score more goals only good thing is my youth player who came in and thats it for this season.
    Toon that link is one from 2014 in the prem

Part-Timer

Holy crap!
    My planned training and youth facility upgrades just got completed.

Training went from fairly basic to adequeate.
    Youth went from average (rented) to minimal!

So I saved myself an unknwn rental fee, but it would appear my youth facilities just took a nosedive in quality (but our now in-house).
    So I run into the boardroom and request immediate upgrades again to our now inhouse youth facility and after an initial rejection they agreed to the request. So I go off to read the subsequent news item and I see this;

1.3m!!!!! I sincerely hope that this is not just a 'one description' upgrade and I will jump up a LOT in youth facility quality.
    This is if we even get to that point. I have 1.6m in the bank right now (Nov 2019) and losing around 100k a month, so by the time the end of the season rolls around I will be just south of having 1m in the bank I am guessing.....

No spoiler details on Ray Holland, but Geoff Pritchett is becoming surplus to requirements so he might be out the door in the transfer window.....

Part-Timer

No spoiler details on Ray Holland, but Geoff Pritchett is becoming surplus to requirements so he might be out the door in the transfer window.....
    Okay.....
    Large update required here, will perhaps put it together tonight as a mid-season update!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by the_greyham View Post
    Toon that link is one from 2014 in the prem
    argh freck got mixed up with my chairman game

Semi Pro

League
    Not a bad season i guess still in the EPL but really need to find a goalscorer i thin it may take me a couple of years to win it but i think we will

Team Stats

Transfers

Finances - Kerching!!!

Key Players

Bond

Oscar Ward

Forde

League Cup 3rd round Leeds

FA Cup Brighton 3rd round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04 Awful player Released

YP05

YP06 another one didnt make the grade

YP07

YP08

YP09

YP10

YP11

YP12
    YP12R

U18

Next years objective : Survival Again!!!
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 21-04-2012 at 19:54.

Semi Pro

Just got offered the Man Utd job and the Liverpoo job hmmmm no thanks

Reserves

Good luck Padders. Hitchin are a new side.

Amateur

Bit of a problem

I can't interact with my board, so no extra coaches and improvement in facilities

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...rdOverview.png

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Good luck Padders. Hitchin are a new side.
    Thanks mate

Amateur

Ah, looks like I'm in a middle of a takeover bid!!!

Reserves

Can you check your chairman status?

Part-Timer

Ah, looks like I'm in a middle of a takeover bid!!!
    That will be it. My board are in on-again-off-again talks and I regularly and intermittently cannot ask for now

Amateur

New Chairman, refused extra junior coaching and coaches! Lovely

Amateur

Lost first game 3-2 after leading 2-1 with 25 minutes to play and I get a midfielder sent off.

Amateur

Looks like it's going to be a LONG HARD season

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...dPostMatch.png

Part-Timer

Looks like it's going to be a LONG HARD season

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...dPostMatch.png
    First couple of seasons can be rough, but if you survive those and blood the new youths so they are first team ready, it is very rewarding.
    Then you have to sell the good ones sometimes.....
    My 2nd big sale 'memorial' post will be done tonight when home.

Related question, if a new chairman comes in, does it affect your bank balance. Would not be pleased if the new or outgoing chairman lines their pockets...
    Last edited by Braumiller; 20-04-2012 at 23:54.

Amateur

Didn't notice the bank balance to be honest as I had only just started

Finally won my first game in 8 attempts

1 win and 1 draw in first 8 games

Going to need to improve on that if I want to stay up

Reserves

I dont think your bank balance can go down with a new chairman, as that is just the clubs finances, but the balance can go up if the chairman invests (but this doesnt happen a lot)

Amateur

Well, I play a similar save now, although violating the rules on two points: I am playing with Histon, who are already in BSN and I have also allowed myself to sign players who can potentially become club-grown (i.e. younger than 18) - but I have not used any players already in the squad who can never become club-grown and will release them asap. Its fairly simple atm, sitting 5 points clear in BSN with 11 games to go.

Semi Pro

Padders use defensive tactics and short passing

Amateur

Padders use defensive tactics and short passing
    Thanks mate

This is really really tough

I am shipping in goals left right and centre

Took 15 games to win 2 games!

However, I am starting to turn it around

7 games left and have a real chance of staying up

Current League Table - http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...w_Stages-2.png

Had my Youth Candidates come through - http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ad_Players.png

Assistant Manager thinks Luke Tyler was the best player and he has started well with 3 goals in 2 games - http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...Attributes.png

Signed all but 3 players from the Youth Candidates

Absolutely loving the challenge!!

Amateur

Not so surprisngly I didn't win another game after the above screenshot!

Relegated

Starting again

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ws_Inbox-3.png

Hopefully if I don't have such a bad start then I can stay up

Amateur

A lot better start this time around with more focus on defending

Lets hope we can keep it up

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...w_Stages-3.png

Amateur

well as previously said my game was deleted by an angry brother so i started again.

In FM 12 i'm with Chester again.

And sinds i can't play FM12 on my old pc i'm hollidaying at the moment on FM 11.

Part-Timer

Good luck on 2nd time around to both Padders and mthielen

Amateur

Thanks mate

Currently 16th half way through the season

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...w_Stages-4.png

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast