+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 2422

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Semi Pro

Championship Youth Intake

Gotta love this intake the best iv had so far

Reserves

Toonbalmy- Congrats on promotion and a wondeful intake!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    Toonbalmy- Congrats on promotion and a wondeful intake!
    Would of liked a Defender but am i just being greedy

Amateur

thats a long list
    My best keep is rated at 1 star, same as my best central defender. I've only 1 right back, and my midfielders are not that good either .... It's going to be a long season, especially seeing as Maidenhead have just beaton us 6-0 without really breaking sweat ....

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Avramski View Post
    My best keep is rated at 1 star, same as my best central defender. I've only 1 right back, and my midfielders are not that good either .... It's going to be a long season, especially seeing as Maidenhead have just beaton us 6-0 without really breaking sweat ....
    how do you play because when i first started i used AML AMR ST ST but 5 defenders and 1 holding mid

Amateur

I'm using a 4-4-2 atm as I don't really have the players for any other formation. 1 of my central midfielders is set to track back however

Reserves

Default Youth Intake

Terrible - I doubt any of these will make the first team so no YP this year.

Amateur

I would be over the moon with that intake!

Amateur

A couple of those would be straight into my first XI at Harrow

Amateur

lots of potential there.

Reserves

Are you guys kidding me? I have 10 players in the first team with 5 star potential. In my team 5 stars is only a good BS regional player.

Banned

End Of Season Report - 2016/2017
    Chester - League 2

This is our second season in League 2 and our most interesting and entertaining season yet! Last season I completely revamped the first team, bringing through as many youth players as possible, replacing the old guard that had got us this far. It almost ended in tears, but for a fantastic end to the season, finishing 18th after several wins, coming off a 13 game run of losses and draws. Thankfully the revamp has proven to be a success and helped me to move the club forward! By January 1st we were unbeaten in the league and destroying any team we went up against.

npower League 2 | Squad | Fixtures | Finances | Transfers | Youth Intake Squad

Champions!!!

Our second half to the season was entirely different to the first, becoming more of a struggle to keep up the pace, but thankfully several of our key players managed to keep fit and Gary Beckford in particular managed to stay almost injury free, except for a few niggles. In previous years, Beckford has suffered several injuries and is seen as our most injury prone player. It is absolutely amazing the way we won the title, joint top with Port Vale who kept up the pace and kept the league interesting, but goal difference was the major factor in the end and that proves how important it is to score as many goals as you can.

Hopefully we can keep this squad together for next season, but there is major interest from several clubs for our star man Brett Smart and if he was to leave, we would lose a pivotal part of our squad.

Awards

Player Of The Month - Gary Beckford (October) & Christian Walsh (April)

Young Player Of The Month - Brett Smart (August) & Christian Walsh (March)

Player Of The Year - Brett Smart

Team Of The Year - Brett Smart, Gary Beckford & Christian Walsh

Top Goalscorer - Christian Walsh

Youth Products
    • Gary Beckford - Has had a tough career so far at Chester, seen as the icon of the club, the first YP to make it onto the scene, but has taken huge strides this season to prove he deserves his YP status! 24 goals and 11 assists, mainly from Attacking Left Midfield, with a few appearances up front.
    • Manuele De Petrillo - Unfortunately for Petrillo, it appears his career at Chester is coming to an end. He is only seen as a backup player now, due to the wide range of talent available for the Attacking Left Midfield position!
    • Rod Delfouneso - Had always been seen as a future star in midfield and has finally shown his ability, with 55 sensational appearances this season! Amazingly, Delfouneso has never suffered an injury, so has always been available for selection!
    • Kyle Pope - This guy is known as the impact player. He has made 48 appearances, but 34 of those were off the bench! He can play on the left and on the right, whilst his main position is up front, but he did usually play on the wing. He wasn't as influential as others, but scored some important goals.
    • Christian Walsh - I had huge hopes for this guy after a fantastic first full season last season and he hasn't disappointed! He was our out and out striker and extremely reliable! He picked up a couple of injuries, but thankfully they were only very short spells on the sidelines.
    • Ciaran Wood - Has formed an amazing partnership with Ryan James and must take huge credit for the strides he's taken this season, after previously disappointing in his performances. Is a well rounded defender and will be pivotal to our survival challenge next season.
    • Eric Davidson - I never intended on using Davidson as much as I have, but once he got into the team, he couldn't stopped creating chances! 22 amazing assists from Central Midfield is extrodinary!
    • Reece Jeffries - This years youth intake player and the only one to pick up the YP status this season! He came in and was already the best goalkeeper at the club. Has a few flaws in his play, but he's only young and hopefully I can mould his stats and make him into a top goalkeeper!
    • Brett Smart - An absolute beast of a player, proving he deserves is SYP status, scoring 22 goals and assisting 30! Easily our player of the season and managed all this, mostly from Attacking Right Midfield! Easily a major factor towards Christian Walsh's amazing goalscoring ability.
    Code:
    Season      Division   Position   Achievement
    2012/2013   BSN        2nd        Promotion Via Playoffs
    2013/2014   BSP        13th       Mid-Table
    2014/2015   BSP        4th        Promotion Via Playoffs
    2015/2016   L2         18th       Avoided Relegation
    2016/2017   L2         1st        Champions
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 08-04-2012 at 22:34.

Youth Intake

Oliver Cobb - touted as the new Alan Shearer apparently

Banned

Yet another amazing intake Drew, I envy you

Banned

Just had to reject an offer from Championship champions Burnley for Christian Walsh! The offer was pretty much a joke, but it caused him to ask for an improved contract... I officially hate Burnley!

Banned

Youth Recruitment Upgrade

Finally, we managed to upgrade our "Youth Recruitment", so I have high hopes for our next intake! We are now operating at a Fairly Basic level.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Drew the Cookie Eater View Post
    Youth Intake

Oliver Cobb - touted as the new Alan Shearer apparently
    Knew you'd have a new shearer coming through the ranks

Amateur

TM - Great Season congrats! Looked like it was close..! Good luck with League 1, I think if you have the right tactic you will fly up.

Drew - Great Intake there! That guy could push you onto the next level!

Banned

Cheers TWFL, I think we will easily stay clear of relegation, considering our FA Cup run that we had and the fact that the players will continue to develop.

Reserves

TM- congrats on the promotion! L1 will be a whole new level though. Youth recruitment should make a difference, it affects the potential ability of players coming through along with increasing your chances of getting a sammarinese star

Drew- An amazing intake. What are your facilities like? did you get youth recruitment up?

Reserves

Default Oxford City - Season 2 - 2013/14

League Table- We finished 14th, but this is because we only took 1 point from our last 10 games. I realised we wouldn’t make the playoffs so I frankly didn’t try in the last 10 matches. I organised a few friendlies to keep the finances up which ruined the players fitness.

Squad- Lots of potential in the squad but I wish I could say the same about youth intakes. Barcelos kept top scorer but the stand out this season is Shelly for me.

Key Player-Robbie Shelly. A good year for the youngster, providing 10 goals and some assists

Alex Daly YP01- A full season for him featuring in an incredible 51 games! He is my first choice keeper and he has made great strides this year.

Finances- 230k in the bank thanks to some yummy friendlies.

Facilities- We improved our junior coaching and training facilities are going to be upgraded in October.

An average season overall but we now have some money in the bank and have a few players improving.

Code:
    Season       League           Position            Achievements                 Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
     -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                         
     2012/13       BSS               7th            Staying up and more!             Felipe Barcelos (32)        Felipe Barcelos     
     2013/14       BSS               14th     Consolidating a great first season     Felipe Barcelos (13)         Robbie Shelly

Drew- An amazing intake. What are your facilities like? did you get youth recruitment up?
    Junior Coaching is at Exceptional, Youth Recruitment is at Fairly Basic, and I have Average Youth Facilities.

Guess I've been lucky these last couple of seasons, but I really need a new attacking midfielder.

Banned

Ri, don't know whats happened, but you've definately gone backwards... Barcelos goes from 32 goals to just 13? Did you have a word with him at all?

Amateur

Well a season which was expected to be consolidation ended up being a play off place! Let's see how my play offs go... surely 4 seasons 3 promotions is impossible?

Amateur

Northwich Victoria 2012/13 & 2013/14

I got really into the game/challenge and ended up playing two seasons before remembering to do this! I ended up taking over Northwich Victoria in the BSN, with a rented yet very good stadium at this level and a half decent team in place. (though all out of contract!)

2012/13

Very happy for a first year with a team that was one of the favorites to go down. Cups were in and out though. Youth Intake was solid but nothing spectacular, with a few future good/leaving BSN players but nobody to step right in.

League Table

Best Eleven

Transfers

Amateur

2013/14

A good improvement on the previous year, think we could have been in the Playoffs without the great cup runs (7 replays, 3 extra times, 2 shootouts!!), was still in it to the last day. We got to the final of the FA Trophy at Wembley before losing and the 2nd round of the FA Cup. Increased Junior Coaching also brought some exciting prospects.

League Table

Best Eleven

Future Championship Right Back!

Future League One Striker!

Code:
    Season       League           Position            Achievements                  
     ------------------------------------------------------------------                                         
     2012/13       BSN              10th            Stayed up, foundations                 
     2013/14       BSN               7th      FA Trophy Final, 2nd Round FA Cup

Reserves

peter- Welcome to the challenge and youve had a fantastic first two seasons. I think you could push for promotion next year. Please post screenshots in link form though. for instructions on how to do this refer to the OP.

TM- he only played 30 games this season due to injury and he played in 8 games that I had given up on so his total wasnt to bad. Hopefully I can get everyone back on form next season . I also believe we could have finished around 8th/9th if I had pushed them to the end. (we only got 1 point in the last 10 games!)

Banned

Ri, i'm sure you will do better this season

Banned

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

I think we have the best chance in 6 years to finally win a cup competition! Look at the draw below!

Johnstone's Paint Trophy North Quarter Final

Amateur

Looks good Tactic Master!!

I am not having such good luck however...

In my second season with Lowestoft, still in the BSN. We beat East Thurrock 7-2 in the 2cnd FA cup qualifying round but we just lost 3-1 to Whitby in the 3rd round.

All 3 goals to headed set pieces, 2 corners and 1 free kick. Our match preparation is set to very high on defending set pieces constantly (I know it doesn't stack over time, i'm just too lazy to shuffle it).

Set pieces are set up to have everyone back marking a man, covering the posts and I leave 2 lose to just 'go back'

Really unhappy to lose to non-league opposition in that manner, I wish FM was realistic enough for me to dish out some Fergie style hairdryer treatment!

Semi Pro

Carshalton Atheltic : Survival and More

League I Survived wahoo
    and to be honest we pretty much gave all the big boys a game just injury's to key players stop us from getting in to the play offs be looking to get into the play off next season

Team Stats

Player Stats

Transfers

Finances
    Rolling in ££££

Key Players

Westley

Oscar Ward

Marvelous Baah - need to find a replacement for him quickly

League Cup - Man Utd 4th Round

FA Cup Aston Villa 3rd Round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04

YP05

YP06

YP07 Report

U18s

Andy Johnson Wannabe

Next years objective : Play offs
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 10-04-2012 at 13:49.

Amateur

The Stafford Rangers Board have just annouced the appointment of Matt Donnelly as their new manager

Manager profile
    Club Information
    Facilities (no youth facilities) better get some sorted haha!
    Squad
    Finances

Can't wait to start this challenge, really interested in how far I can take Stafford.

Reserves

Have fun with Stafford, possibly one of the hardest teams imo. Unless you get some funds quickly, you won't be getting any youth team players soon.

Reserves

Iseik- Welcome to the challenge mate and good luck with stafford. Also its funny to think you joined these forums before me

Semi Pro

Carshalton Atheltic : Close but no Cigar

League I was wanting to get into the play offs but i didn't expect us to soo soon but we ended up getting knocked out at the first hurdle

Squad

Transfers

Finances - Looking pretty healthy in the red by 100k so get that sorted with friendlys

Key Players

Westley

Oscar Ward

Not So Marvelous Baah

League Cup after our 2nd round heroics against everton

this happened- Man City 3rd Round What a Match

FA Cup Newcastle 5th Round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04 Awful player

YP05

YP06

YP07

YP08 Report

Play offs - Beaten By Burnley

Next years objective : Play offs or Better
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 10-04-2012 at 20:18.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Have fun with Stafford, possibly one of the hardest teams imo. Unless you get some funds quickly, you won't be getting any youth team players soon.
    Do you think your opinion may be a bit biased? ;) but yes, I agree, stafford are one of the lowest rep teams you can get through. Also, I thought you still got youth players through, they just dont get trained as you dont have any youth facilities.

Reserves

Nope, I didn't get any. Hence why it's a struggle.

Reserves

You have limited youth recruitment as well which is what I had so that must be why.

Reserves

Forest- Ouch! do you think you can scrape together enough funds to get some facilities?

Reserves

I've scrapped that save as we were losing lots of money. I think my FM days are coming to an end as I'm not enjoying it as much now. It takes too much time to do anything of note and seeing as though I prefer just to watch commentary and play basic 4-4-2, I'm not having as much fun now.

Amateur

After reading Forrests advise I have started again. This time picking FC Lewes.

Team
    Facilities (much better than staffords)
    Finances
    Club Info
    Wish me luck....again

Reserves

I've scrapped that save as we were losing lots of money. I think my FM days are coming to an end as I'm not enjoying it as much now. It takes too much time to do anything of note and seeing as though I prefer just to watch commentary and play basic 4-4-2, I'm not having as much fun now.
    Do you have an older version that you liked? that might rekindle your love for the game...

Reserves

Iseik- A wise choice I think. Good luck with Lewes. I have decided to change club aswell, Oxford just dont produce good enough players.

Reserves

Default The Final Attempt

Richard Ineson has taken charge of Northwich and has indicated that if he fails to bring success to Victoria he will most likely retire.

After struggling with Oxford I have decided to go with Northwich. At the moment I just wish I had never been sacked from FC united, as I really got into that. If I quit this save I will probably take a break from fm, but still run this thread.

Reserves

Do you have an older version that you liked? that might rekindle your love for the game...
    Only FM11, liked FM10 the most but don't have that or any other previous versions. I didn't like FM11 much either. Again too much to do and it's starting to feel more like a job than a game. I'm all for realism but there are boundaries.

Amateur

Time to crack on with my Harrow save .... 8 games left and 8 points from safety. Not bad going considering the squad I had to start with. Still got £200k in the bank after a very healthy preseason and player wages of less that £1000/week!

Banned

Time to crack on with my Harrow save .... 8 games left and 8 points from safety. Not bad going considering the squad I had to start with. Still got £200k in the bank after a very healthy preseason and player wages of less that £1000/week!
    £1000 a week is just madness Best of luck for your last 8 games!

Reserves

Avramski- Do you mean your 8 points above the relegation zone?

Amateur

Nope, I'm 21st!

Amateur

5 Games left, and now 10 points from safety. Having 3 players sent off in those 3 matches hasn't helped either ....

We've just lost 2-1 at home to Bromley, and with Bath City winning as well, that leaves us 13 points adrift and relegated

Although I like the challenge, I'm going to give up on it for now, and try it another way. Basically, start a new game and pick a team in the BSR at the start and try from there.
    Last edited by Avramski; 10-04-2012 at 17:45.

Banned

Mid Season Report

Season 2017/2018

This is officially my longest ever Football Manager save! This goes to show how much i'm enjoying it and hopefully I can continue to play this save for a long time!

Npower League 1 | Fixtures

Npower League 1

Although I have to admit that i believed we would do well, I didn't think we would do this well! Only 4 points behind 1st place and if we carry on at this rate, we are almost guaranteed a top half finish at least. We've had some massive victories so far this season, but also some very annoying and avoidable losses, including our opening match against Coventry, which we lost to a 92nd minute goal. Coventry had 2 shots on target, whilst we had 8 and we lost 2 - 1, but then we could look towards the following match against MK Dons, which we won 5 - 1! It should have been 6, but Walsh missed a penalty.

Managers Thoughts: I think we will gain a play-off spot come the end of the season, as I don't think we have the best consistency and I believe one team will run away with the league. Automatic Promotion is an outside chance.

League Cup

1st Round: Leeds United 4 - 2 Chester

Managers Thoughts: Yet again, we get a very difficult draw and lose! Hopefully next season will bring something different, something easier.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy North

1st Round: Rochdale 1 - 4 Chester
    2nd Round: Port Vale 1 - 2 Chester
    Quarter Final: Chester 3 - 1 Mansfield
    Semi Final: Burton 0 - 3 Chester

Managers Thoughts: For the first time ever, we look like we could go all the way in a cup competition! Considering what we managed in the FA Cup last season, this looks like a walk in the park! The South looks much more difficult, whilst the 4 teams we have faced were all from League 2. We will meet a League 1 opposition most likely in the actual Final, but in the North Final we face League 2 opposition again.

FA Cup

1st Round: Chester 2 - 0 Coventry
    2nd Round: Chester 3 - 1 Brentford

Managers Thoughts: Easy enough draws in my eyes, although we had to fight to beat Coventry. With the 3rd round draw, we face Blue Square Bet South team Eastleigh which almost guarantees us to reach the 4th round! Hopefully we can move further than that or at least face a big team.

The Star Player

Christian Walsh - He's just getting better and better and is top of the goalscorers list in the npower league 1! Other players haven't performed as well as last season, but Walsh is helping to hold things together.

An Unfortunate Incident

Gary Beckford - Has done a good job this season, almost as good as last season, but unfortunately his season has ended early with a broken leg! It's definately a huge blow, but thankfully Kyle Pope has been making huge strides this season and will take his place.
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 10-04-2012 at 20:07.

Semi Pro

Carshalton Atheltic : Finally with the Big Boys Boom!!!

League Wahoo crept into the play offs and never looked back

Squad

Team Stats

Player Stats

Transfers

Finances - Just got 43 Million for tv money for EPL

Key Players

Westley

Oscar Ward

Marvelous Baah

League Cup Semi Final Norwich

FA Cup Fulham 3rd Round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04 Awful player

YP05

YP06

YP07

YP08

YP09 Report

U18

Play offs

Next years objective : Survival
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 11-04-2012 at 14:44.

Amateur

Wow! Toonbalmy, that is really impressive. Have read through this thread and have to congrat you with the promotion to the EPL. Interesting to see how you will do there.

Reserves

Toonbalmy- Wahooooooooooo! our first premier league challenger! congratulations.

Semi Pro

Year Division Fa cup Fa Trophy League cup Johnstones Paint Trophy
    1 17th Blue Square South 4thQ 2nd Rnd na
    2 9th Blue Square South 2nd Q 3rd Q na
    3 2nd Blue Square South 1st round 3rd round na
    4 9th Blue Square Prem 1st round 1st round na
    5 1st Blue Square Prem 4th round Winners na
    6 10th League 2 5th round na 1st round 2nd round
    7 1st League 2 3rd round 2nd round 1st round
    8 2nd League 1 4th round 3rd round South Final
    9 13th Championship 3rd round 4th round
    10 5th Championship 5th round 3rd round
    11 6th Championship (Play Off Winner) 3rd round Semi Final

Banned

Congratulations Toon! You've done a fantastic job, but the Premier League is a much bigger league and you will do well to survive! Going off what you've done so far though, I think you can pull that off

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Congratulations Toon! You've done a fantastic job, but the Premier League is a much bigger league and you will do well to survive! Going off what you've done so far though, I think you can pull that off
    hmm dont know had a couple of friendlys with PL team beat Arsenal 1-0 then go get hammered by Derby 4-0 Derby are the current Champions of the EPL WTF!!! oh and Champions League winner the World has gone MAD!!! never mind just had a look at there History had a Tycoon take over in 2015 so there 10 year plan worked out
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 10-04-2012 at 21:15.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    h,, dont know had a couple of friendlys with PL team beat Arsenal 1-0 then go get hammered by Derby 4-0 Derby are the current Champions of the EPL WTF!!! oh and Champions League winner the World has gone MAD!!!
    That's just not right haha! Did they get a rich owner or something? In my game, Man City are currently 12th in January

Semi Pro

That's just not right haha! Did they get a rich owner or something? In my game, Man City are currently 12th in January
    yeah in 2015

Amateur

Well Done ToonBalmy great achievement. Good luck in the EPL it'll be tough!

Just an update on my game. I'm halfway through my first season in the Championship and it's alright but I just can't seem to get into it. So I'm going to take a break for a bit and come back to it in a couple of weeks or so and see if I have my excitement back. I'll keep checking in though.

Amateur

I'm going to give this challenge 1 more go.... Despite what I said in my previous post, I took over Darlington, but I lasted 17 days before the new chairman sacked me in order to employ his own manager .... That's right, New manager comes in, someone puts a bid in for the club, 2 weeks later, he takes over and then sacks the current manager (me). That surely must go down as 1 of the shortest mangerial runs ever ....

Anyway, I've taken over newly promoted Kingstonian, as they have a reasonable stadium, and for their level, reasonable facilities

Manager profile
    Club profile
    Club facilities
    Transfers as of June 24th.
    Finances
    First team Squad
    Reserve team squad
    Last edited by Avramski; 10-04-2012 at 23:46.

Too late to join this?

Reserves

It's never too late and Kingstonian is tough Avramski, but good luck .

Reserves

Good luck avramski!

Reserves

just found this gem in my squad. I believe he could become something special with training.

Semi Pro

Season done oh yes you makes lots of money wen your in EPl especially when your highest paid player is on 6k a week

Reserves

Season done oh yes you makes lots of money wen your in EPl especially when your highest paid player is on 6k a week
    did you survive?

oh, and that gem i was talking about, well two weeks later he broke his foot and all his physical attributes went down by 1 straight away.

Amateur

Great effort Toonbalmy - what are your youth facilities and networks like now?

Bad news guys, after installing a new USB update, my mouse and keyboard stopped working, and after trying everything, I had to reinstall Windows 7.

Which has caused everything to be deleted, including FM12 and my game, so I will have to start all over again

Semi Pro

Youth network scouting on a bigger area or wateva it's called so the whole of uk and youth just cost me 7.2 mil to get the next one

Reserves

Bad news guys, after installing a new USB update, my mouse and keyboard stopped working, and after trying everything, I had to reinstall Windows 7.

Which has caused everything to be deleted, including FM12 and my game, so I will have to start all over again
    Oh man, that sucks . Why didnt you copy the save onto a USB stick?

Banned

Why didn't you move it to a seperate hard drive? I'm guessing you have a D Drive?

[Edit] I just realised, your mouse and keyboard stopped working...

Oh man, that sucks . Why didnt you copy the save onto a USB stick?
    I couldn't use a mouse or keyboard at all, so a reinstall was the only option.

Might give the challenge another go in a few weeks.

Amateur

FM11 - Sutton United FC 2015/16 Season Update - Blue Square Bet Premier - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - BSS, 1st, FA Trophy 2nd Round, BSS Champions!
    2012/13 - BSP, 2nd, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 4th Round, Lost in BSP Playoff Final
    2013/14 - BSP, 14th, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round
    2014/15 - BSP, 16th, FA Cup 2nd Round, FA Trophy Winners!

2015/16 - BSP, 2nd, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round, Promotion!
    46 Pld, 22 Won, 12 Drn, 12 Lst, 75 For, 60 Ag, +15 GD, 78 Pts

League / Domestic Cups

After disappointing seasons in the previous two years, everything seemed to come together this year, and for the majority of the season we were sitting pretty in 2nd place, although could never quite catch first placed Stockport, and had to settle for 2nd place and the playoffs... again.

2016 League Table and Graph

After breezing past Darlington 4-1 and 2-2 in the semi-finals, we were up against 3rd placed Macclesfield in the final. After losing in the playoff final 3 years ago, I was very wary this time around, and Macclesfield probably played the better football on the day, managing 13 shots to 5, but they could only manage 1 on target compared to our 4, and somehow, I walked away with a 3-0 win and promotion to the Football League!

2016 Playoff Final

Star Players

Fan's Player of the Year - Oliver Nicholas
    No surprises here, the 24 year old Eritrean central defender has now taken out this award 3 times in the past 4 years, and is still by far the best member of the squad. Whilst he still has a lot of low attributes, all of his key defensive attributes are now in double digits, which is more than any other defender in the side can say. Managing 5 goals and 5 assists from 47 appearances at 7.29, he was once again the only member of the squad to average over 7.

Most Promising U18 Player - 18 year old central defender Gonsalves didn't manage a league start this season, but did make 14 substitute league appearances and 3 cup appearances at 6.73 - whilst not amazing reading, I expect to see more from him in the future.

2016 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

Finances / Facilities

After pretty much breaking even each month, I managed to make a $250k profit in May due to the playoff final, which saw my total bank balance shoot up past $400k for the first time ever - still not enough to improve any of my facilities, but with the riches of League 2 next season, hopefully that will change.

2016 Finances

Pitch Conditions: Very Poor
    Training Facilities: Adequate
    Youth Facilities: Basic
    Youth Recruitment: Basic

So there you have it, after two very mediocre seasons in the BSP, I have somehow managed to pull it all together this season for promotion! Seems like playing my youth players the last few seasons is starting to pay off, although I think it will be an uphill struggle next season in League 2.

2016 New Club Records
    Average Attendance: 2,355
    Biggest Defeat: 1 - 7 v Dover (A) Blue Square Bet Premier 8.3.2016
    Most League Apps for Club: Kevin Scriven - 270
    Most League Goals for Club: Sam Gargan - 98
    Oldest Player: Uriel Trustfull - 38 years 11 days (v Mansfield (A) Blue Square Bet Premier 14.11.2015)

Amateur

Not a bad pre-season! (screenshot taken last night, I'm well into the season now.) Wages have been around £1500/week all season, so financially, I'm still well set. I'm holding of getting my youth recruitment and junior coach until the beginning of March (not long now), simply because I have no youth players currently, so it's wasted money if I have it done before then.

I just started with Vauxhall, predicted 22nd!

Semi Pro

Carshalton Atheltic : Survived to Fight Another Season

League Well it was a decent first season in the EPL it was looking a bit shaky until the last 3 games which we won them all and secured our place in the EP

Team Stats

Player Stats

Transfers

Finances - Kerching!!!

Key Players

Westley

Oscar Ward

Marvelous Baah Career winding down now

Forde - Replacement for Baah

Bond

League Cup 3rd round Norwich (I really hate this team :mad

FA Cup Fulham 6th round Burnley

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03 Got his first Cap for Greece

YP04 Awful player Released

YP05

YP06

YP07

YP08

YP09

YP10 Report

The Two Other Players from the Youth Intake

U18

Next years objective : Survival Again!!!
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 20-04-2012 at 22:24.

Banned

Toon, have you copied last seasons update because half of that doesnt even exist? And how can you get into play-offs in Premiership?

Semi Pro

Haha wasnt reading just doing pics lol I'll sort it out in a min " facepalm "

Semi Pro

All should be working now

Reserves

Is Westley a youth player from the academy then? I assume you've scrapped it now with everyone coming from your academy?

Banned

Congratulations on survival Toon, I think the only way is up now that you've reached the Premiership! The good thing is that your finances will continue to grow at an alarming rate, just because your contracts are so low and the income is massive. Hopefully you can increase your facilities and stadium and become one of the biggest teams now

Semi Pro

Is Westley a youth player from the academy then? I assume you've scrapped it now with everyone coming from your academy?
    yeah he came through there aswell cant remember when didn't think much of him first but couple seasons on he was better than Jiminez my other good defender. what do you mean why would i scrap it that's the whole point of the challenge to get your team to EPL and CL Glory using only your youth players

Semi Pro

Congratulations on survival Toon, I think the only way is up now that you've reached the Premiership! The good thing is that your finances will continue to grow at an alarming rate, just because your contracts are so low and the income is massive. Hopefully you can increase your facilities and stadium and become one of the biggest teams now
    Stadium increased to 15k might just asked for a new one now i have the funds to do so

Banned

Stadium increased to 15k might just asked for a new one now i have the funds to do so
    Thats what I plan to do once i've raked in some cash, make do with what i've got for now. Although my situation is different I think, as I don't own my Stadium...

Reserves

yeah he came through there aswell cant remember when didn't think much of him first but couple seasons on he was better than Jiminez my other good defender. what do you mean why would i scrap it that's the whole point of the challenge to get your team to EPL and CL Glory using only your youth players
    I meant, naming them YPs etc etc. Wasn't clear, sorry.

Semi Pro

I meant, naming them YPs etc etc. Wasn't clear, sorry.
    oh right yeah i just pick 1 player to have the prestigious YPs award just basically means that's my one stand out youth player of the intake

Won my league opener against Hyde 5-2

Amateur

Well done Toony, hope i'm in the same position as you some day (i doubt it like). And LiverpoolG well done on a good result, I got off to a good start like that myself and then the injuries hit and your forced to play a striker as a left back and your only subs are your two reserve goalkeepers . Oh well roll on march when I get my first round of youth graduates. whoop whoop!

Amateur

Kingstonian - BSS - 2012/13

A solid and unspectaular season resulted in us finishing 16th in the league, despite for most of the season only having 13 or 14 players available.

Out of both cups at the first hurdle, but as I had such a small squad, I'm not to bothered about that as it meant less games, so I could keep the players rested a little bit more.

At the beginning of March, I got my junior coaching upgraded to adequate. While I wasn't expecting to have many players coming through worth looking at, I was pleasently surprised by the players I did get, as it meant I now had cover for a few positions. Nathan Skinner (report card) got the YP tag, as he's tipped to be a good BSP player in the future, just shading the other 2 players who are rated at 5 star PA, as they are tipped to be leading BSS players.

1 final thing, proof I'm not cheating.

Oh, I've still got £330k in the bank, so with another money spinning pre-season, I'll hopefully get a few upgrades next season.
    Last edited by Avramski; 12-04-2012 at 01:11.

Doing well for a side that you would bet to get relegated. Hovering at about 10th or 11th right now, I'll try to push for a promotion spot! Early successes with a relatively bad squad. Injury problems as well, with my best defender being out, soooooo many defensive problems going on! I think we would be top 6 for sure if my defense learned to successfully back pass or not give away penalties.

Reserves

Liverpool Guy- Did you write that you were going as vauxhall? Their not eligible for the challenge as they start in the BSR. sorry!

Amateur

FM11 - Sutton United FC 2015/16 Season Update - Blue Square Bet Premier - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - BSS, 1st, FA Trophy 2nd Round, BSS Champions!
    2012/13 - BSP, 2nd, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 4th Round, Lost in BSP Playoff Final
    2013/14 - BSP, 14th, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round
    2014/15 - BSP, 16th, FA Cup 2nd Round, FA Trophy Winners!
    2015/16 - BSP, 2nd, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round, Promotion!

2016/17 - League Two, FA Cup 1st Round, Carling Cup 1st Round, JPT South 1st Round
    46 Pld, 6 Won, 8 Drn, 32 Lst, 35 For, 103 Ag, -68 GD, 26 Pts

League / Domestic Cups

I knew League 2 was going to be tough, but after a couple of wins early in the season, the team managed to go an incredible 22 games without winning, and relegation was never really in doubt, with the side finishing in 24th place, only 3 points away from 23rd place, but a massive 20 points from safety.

2017 League Table and Graph

Star Players

Fan's Player of the Year - Simon Whaley
    Due to regular fan favorite Nicholas being injured for large parts of the season, this award went to 31 year old winger Whaley, who probably isn't the best player in the squad, but still managed 7 goals, 9 assists and 3 MoM from 50 appearances at 6.56 - not great reading, but sadly he was the top scorer for the side

Most Promising U18 Player - Jordan Williams
    This 18 year old striker was picked out by my assistant manager last season as the pick of the bunch, and for once I think he was on to a winner - although given his potential is only for 'a decent League Two player', I'll have to see how he improves next season.

2017 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

Finances / Facilities

Whilst this season was a failure on the field, it was actually quite a success off the field. First, the board finally agreed to go Professional at the start of the season. Then, after a couple of big cup games against League 1 teams, and the Premier League solidarity payment of $250k, I managed to get my finances over $500k, enough for the board to approve the construction of a Youth Academy! By the end of the season the balance was back down to $290k, but by then the board had already begun construction on the academy, and it was too late to cancel it!

2017 Finances

Pitch Conditions: Very Poor
    Training Facilities: Adequate
    Youth Facilities: Basic
    Youth Recruitment: Basic

So, whilst relegation from League 2 wasn't a complete surprise, it was still disappointing, and I'm hoping to bounce back up next season, hopefully with a batch of promising youngsters out of my soon to be constructed youth academy!

2017 New Club Records
    Highest League Position: 24th in League Two
    Average Attendance: 2,363
    Most Games Lost in Row: 8 - 31.12.2016 to 11.2.2017
    Most Games Without Winning: 22 - 28.12.2016 to 29.4.2017
    Most Games Without Scoring: 4 - 10.9.2016 to 27.9.2016
    Worst Discipline: Gary White - 16 yellow cards / 2 red cards
    Most League Apps for Club: Kevin Scriven - 316
    Most League Goals for Club: Sam Gargan - 104

Liverpool Guy- Did you write that you were going as vauxhall? Their not eligible for the challenge as they start in the BSR. sorry!
    What??? All the sides that are promoted start in the BSR!!!

Reserves

Vauxhall weren't promoted. You have to holiday for a season and take over one of the newly promoted sides that have been promoted to either the BSN/BSS. To do this, click on England on the 24th of June and see the season summary. Everything is explained in the OP.

Oh, I see where I messed up. Vauxhall weren't promoted, but I thought they were. Well, no way I'm quitting now!

Amateur

I just wanted to post here to say that you guys are crazy.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by 18Rabbit View Post
    I just wanted to post here to say that you guys are crazy.
    Thank you for the insightful contribution ;). Want to join the crazy gang? (thats right guys, we have a nickname )

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by ThatLiverpoolGuy View Post
    Oh, I see where I messed up. Vauxhall weren't promoted, but I thought they were. Well, no way I'm quitting now!
    Thats fine, but unfortunately your not elegible to take part

Part-Timer

I am a little behind on updating and will rectify that either this evening or tomorrow evening.

However, just jumped into the game real quick and received this offer!!!

So, Sam Bryant is the heartbeat of my team. Without giving away spoilers of my overdue updates, he has won player of the year honors for a particular division just recently and averaged over 7.50 for the season.
    My coaching reports grade him as a good to leading Championship MC, with the potential to now be a good Premier League MC (original youth intake potential report gave good Championship MC).

Now here comes the BUT. But, he only has 11 months left on his contract and while he will open negotiations with me, even if I offer the max amount for every option, he (well, his agent) shuts down talks due to being too far off what the want.

I guess the only real reason for keeping him one more season is to try and climb another rung of the ladder before he leaves, but then I might (will!) be too far out of my depth without him.
    He is currently worth 875k.

Presuming my only real recourse here is to sell, reinvest the cash in facility upgrades and move on?

Note:
    The full non-negotiable offer is;
    1.3m up front
    2.6m over 24 months (108k a month)
    20% of any profit from next sale clause
    Arrange Friendly clause

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast