+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 2422

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    Drew- Amazing that you survived league 1. Some great prospects coming through and I think you can build on this next season.
    Goal is to get to 50 points, if you reach that, then you're pretty much safe until next season.

Amateur

Well done on 1000 posts!

Since changing the tactics:
    (WDL): 5,1,1 Wow this has really worked! 3 clean sheets in a row now too! Only conceded 1 goal in 5 games. Bring on the playoffs!

Amateur

bit of a strange update on my hendon in their first season in L2, were currently top after 14 games 30pts. leke ndah last years top striker with 40 goals is out for 5 months after the first 7 games, but my back ups are on fire. i dont expect it to last. also my best goalie is constantly on international duty with eritrea. currently on 4 full caps

Amateur

well i got a team and gonna try to get the tactic right now, not easy as i'm not a tactical genius

The Beginning
    Last edited by mthielen; 03-04-2012 at 14:45.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mthielen View Post
    well i got a team and gonna try to get the tactic right now, not easy as i'm not a tactical genius
    Well if you aren't then without name dropping the is a thread in the tactics forum that gives you a good simple start-up tactics for High, Middle and Low teams.

Amateur

FM11 - Sutton United FC 2012/13 Season Update - Blue Square Bet Premier - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - BSS, 1st, FA Trophy 2nd Round, BSS Champions!

2012/13 - BSP, 2nd, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 4th Round, Lost in BSP Playoff Final
    46 Pld, 26 Won, 9 Drn, 11 Lst, 110 For, 76 Ag, +34 GD, 87 Pts

League / Domestic Cups

After promotion from the BSS last season in my first attempt I was expecting the worst this season, but it seems I had nothing to worry about, as I was in the top 5 for virtually the whole season, and ended up spending most of the 2nd half of the season in 2nd place, with a comfortable gap from 3rd place, but never quite able to catch first place Wrexham, who ended up running away with the league.

That said, I was confident heading into the Playoffs, with the Semis putting me up against 5th placed Aldershot, who I beat 3 times already this season. Surprisingly, I was convincingly outplayed in the away leg, but still managed to walk away with a respectable 2-2 draw. I had a lot more of the ball in the home leg, but both team failed to score in 90 minutes. I manged to get ahead in the 91st minute, but then Aldershot equalised in the 101st minute, so it came down to penalties, which thankfully I won - and was now one game away from consecutive promotions.

The Playoff Final saw me up against 4th placed Cheltenham, who I beat 7-2 a month ago, and I was feeling good about my chances. However, the game did not go to plan, with Cheltenham dominating the match, and running away deserving 2-1 winners, condemning Sutton Utd to another season in the BSP. Despite being the 2nd best side all season, sadly the side couldn't perform when it counted.

2013 League Table and Graph

BSP Playoff Final

Star Players

With my inherited side blitzing the BSS, I decided to go with an unchanged lineup this season (meaning my U18 players again got minimal game time), but two of my inherited players in particular stood out:

BSP Top Goalscorer / Shortlisted for BSP Player of the Season / Fan Player of the Season - Martin Reilly
    Whilst 26 year old striker Reilly doesn't have amazing attributes, he just manges to score goals and consistently outscoring his fellow striker. With 37 goals and 14 assists at 7.38 from 53 games, he now holds the record for most league goals for the club with 61 goals.

My player of the Season - Oliver Nicholas
    The 21 year old central defender and Eritrea captain keeps on improving, and in my opinion is the best player in the team - if he can keep improving then I'm confident that the team can continue to perform well. Managed 6 goals and 3 assists at 7.16 from 48 appearances, as well as 5 international appearances for minnows Eritrea. Unfortunatly, there are now a couple of clubs interested in him, and I have received my first offer, but with 4 years to go on his contract, I'm not too worried yet.

Best U18 Player - Gary White
    Once again, due to the performances of my initial squad, I didn't give my U18 players much of an opportunity, and 17 year old right back White was again the only U18 player to make an appearance for the senior side. His attributes are nothing flash, and neither were his match statistics - 18 games at 6.88. Sadly, my coaching staff still think he is the best U18 prospect, so I'm really hoping for a good batch of youngsters next season.

2013 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

Finances

Aside from the success on the field, the season was also a success off the field, with the side posting a $600k profit! Whilst this sounds good, the reality is that this profit was only made due to 2 matches - an away FA Cup match against League 1 Norwich (20,000 attendance), and the Playoff Final (38,000 attendance).

2013 Finances

Despite the profit this season, the board was still not willing to upgrade the facilities, or even turn professional, prefering to remain semi-professional, although the good news is that the Chairman is looking to sell the club - here's hoping for a tycoon takeover!

Training Facilities: Adequate
    Youth Facilities: Basic
    Youth Recruitment: Basic

New Club Records
    Highest League Position: 2nd in Blue Square Bet Premier
    Highest Gate Receipts: $75,000 v Aldershot Blue Square Bet Premier Playoff Semi Final 14.5.2013
    Average Attendance: 2,058
    Biggest Defeat: 0 - 5 v Norwich (H) FA Cup 1st Round 21.11.2012
    Highest Scoring Game: 4 - 5 v Macclesfield (A) Blue Square Bet Premier 6.11.2012
    Highest Scoring League Game: 4 - 5 v Macclesfield (A) Blue Square Bet Premier 6.11.2012
    Most Games Won in Row: 7 - 17.4.2012 to 25.8.2012
    Most Games Without Losing: 12 - 31.3.2012 to 4.9.2012
    Top Goalscorer: Martin Reilly - 37
    Top League Goalscorer: Martin Reilly - 32
    Most Goals in Match: Cherno Samba - 4 (7 - 2 Cheltenham (H) Blue Square Bet Premier 19.2.2013)
    Most Man of Match: Martin Reilly - 10
    Most League Apps for Club: Sam Gargan - 149
    Most League Goals for Club: Martin Reilly - 61
    Oldest Goalscorer: Uriel Trustfull - 35 years 126 days (v Rushden (A) Blue Square Bet Premier 9.3.2013)
    Last edited by Marky Mark!; 03-04-2012 at 14:19.

Banned

Congrats on survival Drew Hopefully your 2nd season goes as well as my 2nd is in League 2

Banned

I'd just like to put in for a record

6 Goals - Christian Walsh

2 goals from corners - I set him to attack the corners.

4 goals from open play - 2 goals by stealing the ball from the defenders feet.
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 03-04-2012 at 14:47.

Amateur

Mark - Unlucky, looks like you deserved to be promoted there. Next season then! ;)

Drew - Well done on staying up. That's got to be the aim for the first season then maybe mid-table and if lucky promotion the next.

I'm actually two seasons behind, one "meh" season, and one massive season for Lowestoft Town.

Amateur

Just something I've been trying. If a youth player is performing well in the youth squad (Last 5 match rating high) I assume their form is high so I put them on the bench of my first team. If they perform well then I keep playing them, anyone else do this or just me? Here's the best result I've had so far:

Malcolm Jones

Not a world class player as you can see but from his stats you can see he has scored 5 times in 6 starts. Not bad eh? Remember though, Form is temporary, class is permanent so don't rely on it!

Youth intake v.soon!
    Last edited by stothy; 03-04-2012 at 15:55.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Avramski View Post
    Yeah. I may just put out a team of youngsters for Q3 this season, as I was having to make 3 or 4 changes for nearly every match. Out of the 2 cups, I much prefer a half decent run in the FA Cup, as you get better prize money and more people through the gates. 2nd round will do me, as that will generate quite a bit of money.
    Hmm, I guess the game has been reading my mind. I'm through to the first round of the FA Cup (got a tough match away to Telford though), but in the FA Trophy, it's given me a very tough away match to Halifax in Q3. No shame in losing there

Amateur

Hastings United - 2013/14 Youth Candidates:

Youth Candidates - An amazing Youth Intake sees at least 3 of the candidates going straight into the first team!

Jason Lancashire (YP2a) - Coach Report

Steven Clayton (YP2b) - Coach Report

Ant Younghusband (YP2c) - Coach Report

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stothy View Post
    Just something I've been trying. If a youth player is performing well in the youth squad (Last 5 match rating high) I assume their form is high so I put them on the bench of my first team. If they perform well then I keep playing them, anyone else do this or just me? Here's the best result I've had so far:

Malcolm Jones

Not a world class player as you can see but from his stats you can see he has scored 5 times in 6 starts. Not bad eh? Remember though, Form is temporary, class is permanent so don't rely on it!

Youth intake v.soon!
    I started with just playing 1 or 2 from the start, but last season I changed completely, releasing several original players and replacing nearly the entire 11 with youth players. It did set us back in the league, finishing 18th, but we have been reaping the rewards this season, as you will find out very soon on my mid-season update

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hawker View Post

Hastings United - 2013/14 Youth Candidates:

Youth Candidates - An amazing Youth Intake sees at least 3 of the candidates going straight into the first team!

Jason Lancashire (YP2a) - Coach Report

Steven Clayton (YP2b) - Coach Report

Ant Younghusband (YP2c) - Coach Report

Thats an amazing intake! I'd put them all in

Amateur

I've made a mistake...I signed my 3 Youth Products before all the others got automatically signed...my history now say that I have bought 3 players..

Amateur

my history says i have bought 57 due to the same as you hawker, i wouldnt worry about it you can prove your no signings on the transfer history

Banned

I've made a mistake...I signed my 3 Youth Products before all the others got automatically signed...my history now say that I have bought 3 players..
    How does that work? :S

[Edit] I get it Says 32 players on mine, but they don't automatically sign anyway do they? :S The ones I don't sign just leave.
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 03-04-2012 at 16:24.

Amateur

Thankfully it doesn't come up on Transfer History, mini-heart attack over

Youth Intake

Jordan Parker YP12 can play in the centre of defence or in the centre of midfield.

Jimmy Parnaby YP12 will be my new right back as of next season.

Amateur

well i'm at chester now and my home form is great (P 5 W 5 GD +12), but my away form is awfull (P 5 W 1 L 4 -3)
    Still tweeking my tactics and shouts but looking promissing i hope i can keep it up

Banned

[Chester] Mid-Season Update - League 2 [Second Season]

npower League 2

Last Season Recap

Last year, we finished 18th in the league due the a major overhaul in personel! I removed almost all of the old guard (the originals) and replaced them with my YP's and also the other youth players that didn't make it for a YP tag. This meant that our players just weren't good enough for the league, but after a late surge in the last month of the season, we managed to secure our spot for this years npower League 2.

This Season

This season has been absolutely amazing, with Brett Smart and Eric Davidson appearing on the scene from our last youth intake in March, we have been unstoppable! I changed the tactics this season with a view to using my attacking talent to the full and it has worked amazingly! As you can see from the League Table, we are unbeaten, alongside this seasons rivals Port Vale! We are both running away with the league right now, but it's only a matter of time before one of us loses, it's inevitable... I think it could come down to our reverse match, after drawing our first 1 - 1.

We play a 4 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 1 formation, with a DM, 2 CM's, RW, LW and an ST

We have several options for the RW and LW, whilst we have Christian Walsh YP05 who is an out and out striker, so this tactic fits perfectly with the squad.

Squad Stats

I start my games with usually with Brett Smart on the right, Gary Beckford on the left and Christian Walsh up front. If things aren't going well, then I substitute Walsh, put Beckford or Smart up front and bring on either Petrillo or Pope. If Pope or Petrillo aren't available, I use Jordan Whitfield. Eric Davidson didn't start the season, but after a while picked up the MC spot and has made it his own with a massive 13 assists in just 18 games!!!

BRING ON THE 2ND HALF!

Reserves

I so want to start this again. But I'm enjoying my Athletic save too.

Amateur

Amazing! Keep up the good work!

And a quick update about my Northwich season ....

17 games into the 2018/19 season now, and we're in 3rd, just 2 points behind the leaders (FC Halifax). Apart from the opening day of the season, we haven't been out of the top 6 so far (just 1 brief blip), and there is a gap builing between us and 4th place.

Oh, and Stalybridge have had 10 points deducted as well now after going into administration, bring the total upto 4 teams!

Of the 4, Hereford have come out of administration, but the other 3 are struggling badly ....

Stalybridge have debts of £1.6m, Stockport £1.4m, but the grand prize goes to Port Vale who have a whopping £3.7m debt!

Gives me an idea actually, creat a spin-off save from the Youth challenge, take over Port Vale and see if I can get them back onto a sound financial footing ....

EDIT :: So much for putting out a weak team and throwing my FAT Q3 match against Halifax. I made 9 changes, oldest player was 19, and they still won 2-1 ....
    Last edited by Avramski; 03-04-2012 at 18:51.

Amateur

are you guys noticing a increase in the quality of your new-gens or are the overall quality of the group you get every season staying about the same but with a few players better? is there any advantage of using home grown players like more commited to the club etc?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by stotty1982 View Post
    are you guys noticing a increase in the quality of your new-gens or are the overall quality of the group you get every season staying about the same but with a few players better? is there any advantage of using home grown players like more commited to the club etc?
    They definitely improve, that comes from improving you junior coaching and youth recruitment, but not sure about loyalty. Most of them have me as their favoured personnel so that could be more committed.

Reserves

I'm back. This time with Stafford Rangers. I have minimal youth coaching and no youth facilities. I have one goalkeeper throughout my whole squad as well.

Amateur

I'm in trouble .....

Just seen a note about whether or not Northwich are going to offer me a new contract at the end of the season ....

My seasons expectations were, mid table finish, Q4 of the FA Cup and round 1 of the FA Trophy.

So far, I'm top on goal difference, with 2 games in hand, lost to Chesterfield in the 2nd round of the FA Cup, and I face Chorley in the 2nd round of the FA Trophy.

Anyway, I asked for a new contract, and the board refused, on the grounds that my job performance hasn't been good enough so far this season!

Amateur

Going to start this challenge, holidaying in the process and i'll update this post on who I choose.

Chosen Northwich Victoria, looked to be one of the easier options.
    Last edited by jcoll; 03-04-2012 at 23:50.

Amateur

jcoll, don't make the mistake I made, and let all the contracts expire at the end of July!

I ended up with a squad of 17 players ....

Reserves
    I try to avoid saftey winks. If you're too dumb to get sarcasm then I hope you do feel insulted.

Im very embarrassed to say that I'm behind on the league table. so instead of trawling through the thread I thought I would just ask everyone to make a post that says:

-who you are managing

-How many seasons you have completed

-Your current division

I'm sorry for getting behind but I just cant keep up with the number of updates some people manage to get in looking at nobody *cough* drew *cough*

Reserves

-who you are managing - Stafford Rangers

-How many seasons you have completed - None

-Your current division - Blue Square North

-who you are managing - Lowestoft Town

-How many seasons you have completed - 12

-Your current division - The Championship

Reserves
    I try to avoid saftey winks. If you're too dumb to get sarcasm then I hope you do feel insulted.

Thanks guys

Drew- Is that further than you have updated or am I just going senile? congrats of getting into the championship! what a massive achievement.

Yep, that's further than I've updated, got a few updates coming.

Amateur

-who you are managing - Hendon

-How many seasons you have completed - 8

-Your current division - League 2

I wont have time to finish this season and i am going away for 2 weeks. i will look forward to all the updates when i return

Amateur

Currently managing - Northwich Victoria

Seasons completed - 6

Current division - Blue Square North

------------

Previously Managed - Carshalton

Seasons Completed - 3

Division - Sacked after relegation from the BSN

Amateur

Hendon 2020/21 March Youth Intake

managed to get the youth intake done before i left

welcome:
    Mark O'Shea YP10 - championship potential
    Stephen Morgen YP11
    Tony Symons YP12
    Charles Shoko YP13
    Dan Lovegrove YP14

Drew. Lowestoft Town. League One. 2022/23

Table - Meh, just like last season, we were doing quite well until about December time and we fell apart, but we managed to get a few wins in the closing games to take us to mid-table.

Squad

Glen Franks YP4 done well, nothing special but solid enough.

Ollie Driver YP5 again nothing special, hasn't progressed as much as I'd hoped, will probably be nothing more than a squad member next season.

Christian Frew YP6 like Driver, nothing special, done well when I used him in a AMC position, but he was more of a centre mid for most of the time.

Kenny Stockwell YP7 despite being able to play across the back four Kenny was mostly used as a sub, will be nothing more than a squad member next season.

Luke Southgate YP9 was sent out on loan, came back, but was used as a sub and unable to establish himself in the side.

Ollie Hooper YP10 has been great since making the step up, probably one of if not my only bright spark this season.

Ben Evans YP11 done okay, didn't get as much goals as he could have got, but he will only improve.

Finances I am screwed.

Proof I haven't cheated

Code:
    Year   Season   League   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
      1    2012/13    BSS         9th         18      9       15     50       45     +5    63
      2    2013/14    BSS         4th         23     10        9     59       37     +22   79
      3    2014/15    BSS         3rd         20     16        9     50       40     +10   76
      4    2015/16    BSS         1st         21     17        4     64       37     +27   80
      5    2016/17    BSP        10th         15     18       13     55       45     +10   63
      6    2017/18    BSP        17th         14     14       14     45       57     -12   56
      7    2018/19    BSP         1st         24     17        5     67       42     +25   89
      8    2019/20	   L2         5th         22     10       14     59       49     +10   76
      9    2020/21     L2         1st         23     19        4     59       36     +23   88
     10    2021/22     L1        19th         11     18       17     51       60     -9    51
     11    2022/23     L1        16th         13     18       15     51       57     -6    57

Reserves

Drew- An average season but looking at the quality of your players I am amazed at how you are managing to keep them in the division (or possibly better next season ;)). What standard does your staff rate your best players eg. Decent league one, good league two ect.?

Amateur

who you are managing - Chester

-How many seasons you have completed - None

-Your current division - Blue Square North

Amateur

-Who you are managing - Chester

-How many seasons you have completed -

-Your current division -
    BSN

Drew- An average season but looking at the quality of your players I am amazed at how you are managing to keep them in the division (or possibly better next season ;)). What standard does your staff rate your best players eg. Decent league one, good league two ect.?
    They're mostly decent/good league one players, with the potential to be good/leading championship players, I just need the time and facilities to improve them so they can fufill their potential.

Banned

-who you are managing: Chester

-How many seasons you have completed: 4

-Your current division: League 1

Amateur

jcoll, don't make the mistake I made, and let all the contracts expire at the end of July!

I ended up with a squad of 17 players ....
    haha, i've renewed most of their contracts, some don't want to renew though. Got a squad of around 25 though, so i'm sorted.

Amateur

Who you are managing - Northwich

-How many seasons you have completed - 0

-Your current division - BSN

Part-Timer

-who you are managing: Weymouth

-How many seasons you have completed: 4

-Your current division: BSP

Amateur

-who you are managing Chester

-How many seasons you have completed 2

-Your current division BSP

Amateur

Won 4-0 second game in the league followed by news that my captain broke his leg during the game and is out for 8 months :@

Improved junior coaching budget which is now at 'adequate'

Amateur

Hastings United - Blue Square South - 2013/2014

League Table - We improved! admittedly it was from 17th - 15th but it's a positive.

FA Cup - Much better this year, again we faced Dover, I hope we don't have to face them every year, we managed to get to third round where we lost 5-2 against Plymouth.

FA Trophy - We did well in this competition aswell, even though we were in 3 replays, and lost the last replay in the 4th Round against Fleetwood Town.

Squad - The squad isn't so top heavy now, I'll hopefully go for a 10th place finish next season.

Key Players:

Joe Barney (D C/R) - again he had the highest average rating in the team.

Jason Tillen (YP1) - He was the top scorer, but he was also very inconsistent with 2 goal droughts of over 10 hours, he ended up with 19 goals in 49.

Code:
    Season      Division          Position     Achievements
    2012/13   Blue Square South     17th         Survived
    2013/14   Blue Square South     15th        FA Cup 3rd Round, FA Trophy 4th Round
    -Who you are managing - Hastings United

-How many seasons you have completed - 2

-Your current division - Blue Square South

Amateur

-who you are managing: Lowestoft

-How many seasons you have completed: 0

-Your current division: BSS

Wish I hadn't picked Lowestoft, I'll look bad next to Drew

Amateur

Hmm .... I could lose a few of my top players at the end of the season. They all want better contracts, but when I go to offer them 1, they're not interesting in talking about a new contract ....

Reserves

Hmm .... I could lose a few of my top players at the end of the season. They all want better contracts, but when I go to offer them 1, they're not interesting in talking about a new contract ....
    I've had this before. Just keep trying and they will eventually talk with you even if its the day before their contract is up.

Amateur

Just a quick mid season update on how things are going in my first season with Chester.

We are already out of the FA Cup and Trophy, the less said the better.
    However, things are going slightly differently in the league...

Can't wait for the first youth intake now!

Amateur

Well i'm halfway trough my first season and i'm currently 3rd (unexpected), but i most thank that position due to my awsome home record

overall

Home Record

Any1 have any tips to get my away to a better record?

Semi Pro

yeah I get that all the time i tend to sign my guys up web they have 2 years left on there contract

Amateur

Wow, we just beat AFC Telford (BSP team) 5-0 in the cup

Amateur

Season review to be posted shortly, but for now, I'll leave you with this ....

Banned

2016/2017 Season Youth Intake

Youth Intake Squad

This was probably one of my worst intakes in a while, but we have come away with one youth player that catches my eye and he's a Goalkeeper, which has been a long time coming!

Goalkeeper - Reece Jeffries

According to my ability comparison list, Reece is my best Goalkeeper, so he will fit straight into the team! He's also viewed to be twice as good as my current goalkeeper, but thats not difficult His potential is 5 stars, but none of my coaches are willing to comment on his potential any further

Reserves

TM- That GK looks promising, I think he is a bit slow and needs to improve his handling a bit

Amateur

Currently Managing - Carshalton Athletic

Seasons Completed - 7

Current Division - League 1

Reserves

Ineson takes over Oxford City.

I knew I couldnt stay away

Banned

TM- That GK looks promising, I think he is a bit slow and needs to improve his handling a bit
    Yeah, thats my aim, there are a few areas that need major improvement, with Acceleration and Pace being the main area, then once we have that up to standard, I can focus on the other areas. I think I can mould him

Banned

Welcome back Ri Good luck!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Welcome back Ri Good luck!
    No need for a welcome back, as I have always been here, but thank you

Banned

No need for a welcome back, as I have always been here, but thank you
    I just meant welcome back to the challenge And the good luck was - Good luck with your chairman

Amateur

Hastings 7 - 1 Chatham FA Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd - My biggest ever win as Hastings manager, we went 1-0 down after 5 minutes, equalized in the 8th, were 3-1 up at halftime and won 7-1, with 1 goal from YP1, YP2a & YP2c with a brace from YP2b!!

Banned

Short Update - 23/3/2017

Last time I did an update was my Mid-Season update, so thought i'd keep you up to speed! Unfortunately things are getting tough in the npower League 2, we were unbeaten on 1st January, but after continuing our unbelievable unbeaten run, we eventually saw defeat against then 7th placed Burton (currently 8th) on the 25th February...

To put into perspective what i'm saying, in our last 13 league games, we've only won 4! Although it hasn't been all doom and gloom as we have drawn 7 out of the 9, whilst losing our last match against 3rd placed Luton.

It's funny how these things work out in the late stages, as despite our disgracefull form, we are still 4 points clear in 1st place, with title rivals Port Vale doing just as bad as we are, or worse! In January we were both clashing head to head in the table, with identical points and identical goal difference.

Verdict: Despite our awfull form recently, I believe we have what it takes to step over the line as the League 2 champions! We are currently 14 points clear of 3rd place and a massive 20 points clear of 4th, so we are basically guaranteed promotion, no matter what happens from now.

Banned

Hastings 7 - 1 Chatham FA Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd - My biggest ever win as Hastings manager, we went 1-0 down after 5 minutes, equalized in the 8th, were 3-1 up at halftime and won 7-1, with 1 goal from YP1, YP2a & YP2c with a brace from YP2b!!
    Sounds like it was an enjoyable game Reminds me of Man Utd vs Roma years back in the Champions League, very enjoyable

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    I just meant welcome back to the challenge And the good luck was - Good luck with your chairman
    ha ha. Maybe this one will be grateful eh?

I'm hoping to get a few seasons in as it is the holidays and maybe I can keep Oxford up
    Last edited by ri916; 04-04-2012 at 21:01.

Amateur

Good Luck Ri. Oxford City's an interesting choice, quite low rep aren't they?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    Good Luck Ri. Oxford City's an interesting choice, quite low rep aren't they?
    Yes, they are 1000 rep, equal to hastings who Tony Hawker is managing. He managed to keep them up which has inspired me to try it with them. I was sat in the car reloading on my way back from where I was staying in Yorkshire .

Amateur

Yes, they are 1000 rep, equal to hastings who Tony Hawker is managing. He managed to keep them up which has inspired me to try it with them. I was sat in the car reloading on my way back from where I was staying in Yorkshire .
    That'll be a challenge! Good luck.

Youth Intake - This is my intake from last season that I forgot to upload. Anyway couple of good players, the best clearly being Lee James who was potential to be a Leading Championship striker which he is proving so far in my first season in League 1!

Semi Pro

Carshalton Atheltic

League
    Done Well to Consolidate ourselves in the league but i reckon if we didn't get so far in the FA Cup i wouldn't of had to rest players and we might of squeaked into the Play Offs

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Westley - Starting to make his mark on the first team

Oscar Ward - awesome again

Marvelous Baah - once again a truly awesome player for me

JPT - 2nd Round Brentford Penalty's

League Cup - Luton 1st round pretty abysmal really

FA Cup 5th round knocked out by Peterborough :mad:

Youth Intake

YP01
    YP02 1stCap

YP03

YP04 (new) Report

U18s

Next years objective Play offs or better
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 04-04-2012 at 22:48.

Amateur

First season - Lowestoft Town

End of season report

So we managed to avoid relegation, leaving it extremely late though.

Fixtures 1
    Fixtures 2

Final Table link

From our squad it is easy to see who our key players were; Mitchell, Frew, Crane & Fisk, which shows why we struggled so much without them when they were lost to injuries.

Squad Stats link

One good thing to draw from the season was our finances, with our pre-season tournaments seeing us through the season with more than enough to spare.

Link to finances

No cheating link

Targets for next season:

Consolidate our position in the league, finishing clear of relegation.
    Integrate some youth into the squad and get rid of the dead wood.
    Get some coaching increases with pre-season friendly money.
    Last edited by Jpr; 04-04-2012 at 22:38.

Reserves

Toonbalmy- A solid season their and it leaves you in a good position to fight for promotion next year.

Jpr- Well done on keeping them up and now you can kick on and push into the top half. Could you do all screenshots as links in future to reduce loading time.

Amateur

Northwich Victoria - 2018/19

Finally success in the Blue Square North! Promoted as champions! A very good season overall where we was always in control of our destiny, although there was quite a few squeeky bum moments in February and early March, when it was a case of win 1, draw 1, lose 1 for about 10 games. However, our usual late season form (win loads in a row), saw us win the title in quite comfortable fashion in the end. We were promoted with 1 game to go after Halifax lost giving us a 6 point gap, so I decided to give a few others a game, but already relegated FC United beat us.

Code:
    Season          P    W    D     L     GF    GA    GD    Points   Pos.     Notes
    2012/13         42   20   12    10    65    34    +31     72     6th      Not a bad first season.
    2013/14         42   21   9     12    49    30    +19     72     5th      Lost in playoff semi.
    2014/15         42   19   8     15    48    45    +3      65     7th      2 points shy of playoffs
    2015/16         42   11   8     23    32    58    -26     41     18th     Disastrous season!
    2016/17         42   21   12    9     63    40    +23     75     5th      Best season yet, mullered in playoffs though.
    2017/18         42   17   11    14    63    45    +18     62     11th     Lot's of tired players. Had to chop and change too much
    2018/19         42   26   6     10    75    40    +35     84     1st      Promoted to BSP
    Code:
    Player                    Pos.  Games   Con.  CS.  Goals  Assist  MoM  Red  Yellow  Av. Rating
    Bradley Power YP02-2      GK    48      47    18   -      -       1    0    0       6.79
    Stephen Haddow YP04-2     D L   42      -     -    0      6       4    0    8       7.00
    Frank Lenders YP02-1      D C   47      -     -    5      1       3    0    3       7.06
    Eamonn Carragher          D C   6(3)    -     -    0      0       0    0    0       6.51
    Daniel Jones              D R   44      -     -    0      7       2    0    5       7.12
    Kenny Heaton              D L   9(1)    -     -    0      0       1    0    1       6.96
    Alastair Holsgrove        M C   10(28)  -     -    4      1       1    0    3       6.80
    Aiden Jones               M C   39(8)   -     -    2      8       1    0    3       6.82
    Richie McKay YP05         M C   26(18)  -     -    2      5       1    0    2       6.89
    Ben Ryan YP01             M C   39(4)   -     -    3      12      3    0    6       6.90
    William Pratt YP03        M C   27(20)  -     -    3      3       1    0    5       6.73
    Christopher Rodgers       M C   5(14)   -     -    0      1       0    0    1       6.77
    Sam Hughes                ST    35(15)  -     -    16     7       3    0    4       6.84
    Ahmet Ozturk              ST    37(2)   -     -    9      6       1    0    5       6.67
    Les Beck YP04-1           ST    32(4)   -     -    19     8       6    0    4       7.30
    Joe Sutherland            ST    14(8)   -     -    4      4       2    0    0       6.81
    Jimmy Morton              ST    22(15)  -     -    11     4       2    0    0       6.88
    Nicholas Chappel          ST    13(10)  -     -    2      2       1    0    2       6.67
    My youth players, as you can see are progressing nicely, although I am concerned about my options for strikers. Les Beck is by far and away my best striker, although don't discount Ozturk or Sutherland, as they are target men, with the rest being poachers.

Anyway, March 12th rolled around once more, and despite junior coaching being excellend and youth recruitment being upgraded to basic, the quality of my youth intake dropped again, although at least did get a play-making midfielder for once. Alasdair Hodge stood out (report card) as the best player, so accordingly, he got the YP07 tag.

Cup progress.

Code:
    Competition   Round   Opponent            Location   Score    Attendance
    FA Cup        Q2      Marine              Home       2-0      826
    FA CUp        Q3      Droylsden           Away       1-2      755
    FA Cup        Q4      Chester             Away       2-2      2463
    FA Cup        Q4R     Chester             Home       p2-2     2432
    FA Cup        1       AFC Telford         Away       0-1      3727
    FA Cup        2       Chesterfield        Home       0-2      4571
    FA Trophy     Q3      FC Halifax          Away       1-2      1246
    FA Trophy     1       Woodley Sports      Away       0-3      106
    FA Trophy     2       Chorley             Home       0-2      846
    Despite my best efforts to throw matches in the FA Trophy, my players wouldn't listen! In all 3 matches, I made 9 changes, taking it as an opportunity to rest my key first team players, but the back up players did pretty well!

The FA Cup is a different matter. No matter what level the club is playing at, I always want to do well, as there is decent prize money on offer for a non league club, plus attendences are higher than normal, and if you get through to the 3rd round, a chance of an away match to a big team

Finances - Could be better, although with the team winning promotion, I'm optomistic that the bigger gates (and higher prices ;) ) will be enough to keep me operating at an acceptable level.

Transfers - As per usual, I'm clean (yes, I did have quite a major clear out).

For next season, my aims are playoffs minimum - Achieved
    2nd round of the FA cup - Achieved
    Get the wage bill down (currently £330,000/year) - Achieved. It was £130,000 in total
    And stay in the black - Failed
    Next seasons targets ....

Stay in the BSP (preferably finishing 18th or better
    3rd round of the FA Cup
    Keep the wage bill under £250,000 for the year
    Get youth recruitment upto adequate
    Last edited by Avramski; 04-04-2012 at 23:07. Reason: Typos ....

Amateur

Kingston-Upon-Thames, June 2012: Newly promoted Kingstonian FC looks to unknown manager for their first season in the Blue Square Bet South.

Danish-American Michael Dahl will have his work cut out for him in trying to avoid relegation this season. His work is further complicated by the fact that the Board of Directors have decreed that no players will be allowed to join the team outside of those coming from the youth network.

Kingstonian is tipped to place 20th and earn an immediate return to the Isthmian League Premier Division.

------------------------------------------------------------

Despite some early trouble other users have experienced with Kingstonian, the appeal of a reasonably sized stadium and a dashing kit echoing the colors of my home country (Danish born and raised, but have lived in the US for the last 14 years) was simply too much to resist. We'll give it a go, and probably fail horrendously in the process =)

However, the existing squad contained a very pleasant surprise - can you spot it?

spoiler:
    Your eyes do not deceive you - that is indeed lower league legend Jamil Adam leading the Kingstonian strike force! Apparently he had a short stint with Bury Town last season, before Kingstonian picked him up on a free transfer and signed him to a two-year deal. (screenshot)

Our central defense, keeper, and strikers look good enough. Our midfield is depleted, and I'll have to rely on the reserves to fill the gaps. It is anchored by the Finnish Andeele Martins, a former Man Utd player. Our fullbacks are less than stellar as well. It'll take some work to come up with a consistent tactical approach that will let us compete, I think.

Our staff is predictably awful, with the notable exception of our GK coach who manages 2 1/2 stars over both categories, and 3 1/2 on just a single one! Hard to say about the finances, but we have 46k in the coffers to start.

Should be a good time. Up the Ks!

Reserves

What rep are Stafford Rangers?

Reserves

I envy you mkj :mad:. Jamil Adam . He would have kept me up no doubt. Even his new 12.2 version. He was firing them in at roughly a goal a game for Hinckley on my Chester attempt.

Amateur

Jpr- Well done on keeping them up and now you can kick on and push into the top half. Could you do all screenshots as links in future to reduce loading time.
    Cheers I edited them to just links and added my transfer history too.

edit: Jamil Adam!?!?!?!?! I wish i was so lucky!

Banned

Finally completed my season in League 2, will have the end of season report up tomorrow at some point, for now i'm off to bed

Amateur

WOW Jamil Adam?! In my save he has single-handedly got Lincoln to League 1 and is still scoring. And he always seems to score against me..

TM - Was it a good one?
    Last edited by TWFL; 04-04-2012 at 23:33.

Reserves

God damn it. Jamie Yates, my right winger, has 5 in 6 is out injured for 2 months. He's key to our plans and be great for our first 5 games as we've stormed to 2nd having just beaten Chester 4-0 away from home. Just hope that Heler and Dalton can do a good enough job.

Semi Pro

my next youth intake has brought me a Diminutive Winger thats what it says in his information profile hes 4 Stars so ill see what i can do with him first time i have seen that though he is 5ft3

Amateur

FA Cup 2nd Round Hastings 1 - 0 Rotheram - Jason Tillen you LEGEND!!! 3rd Round we are drawn at home to Premier League side Bolton!

Youth Intake

Not a lot this time, although a new goalie, right back and centre back will suffice.

Geoff Bastow YP14 looks quite decent.

Kerry Carney YP15 again, looks decent, a year or two in the U18's, and then a season on loan somewhere will do him well.

Reserves

Avramski- well done on finally getting promotion. I imagine your team is now well beyond BSN quality so you should comfortably survive BSP, if not push for the playoffs.

mkjellander- Welcome to the challenge and good luck with kingstonian. I cant believe you have Jamil Adam and I'm sure he will keep you up

Amateur

3rd season report soon!

Drew. Lowestoft Town. League One. 2023/2024

Table - KAPOW! I thought that we'd have another season of mid-table mediocrity but no, the lads decided that instead of going a goal down and caving in, that they would rather get their act together and claw back and win/draw games.

Squad

Ollie Driver YP5 had a poor season up front, I'm only keeping him on because he has experience, and that's what we need right now.

Christian Frew YP6 done well, chipped in with a few goals, his experience, just like Driver will be vital next season.

Kenny Stockwell YP7 just like last season, Kenny was used mostly as a sub.

Luke Southgate YP9 went on loan for most of the season, didn't impress, will be used sparingly next season.

Ollie Hooper YP10 very impressive once again, I will look forward to seeing how well Ollie handles The Championship next season.

Ben Evans YP11 meh, he's still young and I feel he will only get better next season.

Jordan Parker YP12 was impressive when used, next season will only tell if he can handle first team football.

Jimmy Parnaby YP13 superb, acquited himself really well, and next season he will only get better.

Finances

Proof I'm not cheating

Code:
    Year   Season   League   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
      1    2012/13    BSS         9th         18      9       15     50       45     +5    63
      2    2013/14    BSS         4th         23     10        9     59       37     +22   79
      3    2014/15    BSS         3rd         20     16        9     50       40     +10   76
      4    2015/16    BSS         1st         21     17        4     64       37     +27   80
      5    2016/17    BSP        10th         15     18       13     55       45     +10   63
      6    2017/18    BSP        17th         14     14       14     45       57     -12   56
      7    2018/19    BSP         1st         24     17        5     67       42     +25   89
      8    2019/20	   L2         5th         22     10       14     59       49     +10   76
      9    2020/21     L2         1st         23     19        4     59       36     +23   88
     10    2021/22     L1        19th         11     18       17     51       60     -9    51
     11    2022/23     L1        16th         13     18       15     51       57     -6    57
     12    2023/24     L1         1st         25     16        5     71       46     +25   91

Reserves

Drew- I knew you got promoted but I didnt realise you won the league! an exceptional achievement! some great youths coming through as well. A full back with 15 tackling is amazing.

Drew- I knew you got promoted but I didnt realise you won the league! an exceptional achievement! some great youths coming through as well. A full back with 15 tackling is amazing.
    I currently have Charlton looking at him, although I will only accept £5m + for him.

Reserves

Drew- Dont accept anything. The quality of the player is worth way more to you than any money . You never know when the next time you will get a quality full back like that as I imagine he will turn into a decent premier league player.

Reserves

6 games, 5 fustrating draws and 1 loss, and then this.

The best thing is I live in Basingstoke

Amateur

Chester 2014/15 Season
    Well how can I say this, we have done it! League 2 here we come. After being predicted major outsiders (Predicted to finish 20th) we made the playoffs again and won! Preseason saw us get out of our 250k debt and 250k into the green with just one friendly league. The season started well, me playing a counter attacking defensive game with resulting in us being just outside of the playoffs, I saw this as a chance to play more attacking, we were in form and playing like a team much better than ourselves. I kept countering attacking but putting more attacking roles on and the wins came streaming in. After Christmas we only lost three times and drew 4 times, I went with an all-out attack mentality for the last few games and we managed to get 3rd place and won through the playoffs! It proves that Form is more important than anything else during a season. Also we recorded our first cup victory! FA Trophy in the bag we were very happy!

Code:
    Season      League  Pos    G   W   D   L   GF  GA  GD   Pts   |       FA Cup       |       FA Trophy   FA Trophy 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/2013   BSN     3rd    42  23  10  9   87  54  +33  79         4th Qual. Rnd.       3rd Round
    2013/2014   BSP     20th   46  14  8   24  54  76  -22  50         4th Qual. Rnd.       2nd Round
    2014/2015   BSP     3RD    46  23  13  10  68  43  +25  82         4th Qual. Rnd.       WINNERS
    TABLE SQUAD TRANSFERS

Changes to the first team:
    Ceyham Simsek replaced my ever aging centre backs Taylor and Terry (Both retiring) not the best centre back going but bags of potential (Not Nsaku quality) had a good season away from injuries but he will fight on!

Robert Carter YP01 is the first of my potential youth players to take a first team role! Not much needed to be said except for he will be the best midfielder next season, better than…

Anotni Sarcevic who delivered as I promised last season, taking charge of the role in CM and AM sometimes. Not the best performer every game (hence the best 11 bench position) but he certainly held down a first team role.

Gus Navarro, Wow, I didn’t see this coming from anywhere! When he was taken on he wasn’t even YP## quality but had potential, he played in the reserves last season and done a good job but this season I noticed he had the qualities of a Rooney of the lower leagues. So I trained him to be an AM and he was a hit, later when I changed to a 442 formation he took the striker role and scored more than Rainford! Despite his finish being between 2-4 he put them away with his head (Heading 10 Jumping 15) and got into great 1 on 1 positions (Off the ball 12 Composure 11) and scored a lot! And his potential moved up to 5* as well! My little gen of a striker.

Malcolm Jones YP03 was playing well in the Youth team so when Rainford got injured I thought he would do perfectly (Despite him being 5 Silver Star CA) any yes it worked, picking up goals nearly every game he was perfect, now he is my number 1 backup. However the bad news being his potential dropping to just 4 stars from the original 5.

I think you can agree I had a good year of integrationing youth!

Youth intake
    Not the best to say the least just one Geoffrey Mutenza YP04 to talk about. Has all the skills and pace to make my bench but gets injured as soon as he joins the youth squad, next season maybe… Lots of players in positions I don't need cover for, I need full backs!
    Daniel O’Toole YP02 made some appearances for the first team in Brains absence but was not up to his standard (Brain conceded less than 1 goal a game!) still, 8 league games 10 conceded isn’t bad!

Last Season Targets
    · Mid table finish (above 15th) [COMPLETED IN STYLE]
    · Improve finances/ Reduce wage bill (from £8k p/w to 6k) [INCOMPLETE (Went up to 8.9k)]
    · Improve youth recruiting once more [INCOMPLETE (Board is a bitch to please)]
    · Improve youth facilities (Currently rented) [COMPLETED (due 4/10/2015)]
    · Retain current first team squad in the transfer window. [COMPLETED]
    · Get 3 current youth players into the first team squad [COMPLETED (I count 4 including Sarcevic)]

Real struggle with the wage and recruiting, infact with promotion clauses wages are up to 12.4k!

Next Season Targets
    · Avoid Relegation
    · Improve finances/ Reduce wage bill (from £12.k p/w to 8k again)
    · Improve youth recruiting once more
    · Retain current first team squad in the transfer window
    · Integrate another youth player into the first team and one into the subs

Amateur

Drew- Dont accept anything. The quality of the player is worth way more to you than any money . You never know when the next time you will get a quality full back like that as I imagine he will turn into a decent premier league player.
    Wow what level of recruiting do you have? And how have you done so many seasons? :P

Reserves

Stothy- Congrats on the promotion. Mutenza looks like he good be a very nice poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by stothy View Post
    Wow what level of recruiting do you have? And how have you done so many seasons? :P
    I'm just starting my 14th season, Youth Recruitment is at Fairly Basic, so the youngsters I get in are from East Anglia.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Drew the Cookie Eater View Post
    I'm just starting my 14th season, Youth Recruitment is at Fairly Basic, so the youngsters I get in are from East Anglia.
    Wow you have been lucky then cos I can tell you everyone round here is crap at football ;) and HOW have you managed to play so many season?

And thanks ri, I think so too, shame about the injuries!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Drew the Cookie Eater View Post
    How long do you think it'll take for you to get to the PL?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast