+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 2422

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Amateur

Try setting it as a tournament instead, as I've found I tend to get bigger gates for the "cup" matches. Oh, and there's a chance the cup will be televised as well.

Amateur

I will be starting up a game on this challenge soon. Is there a list anywhere of original BSP/BSN/BSS teams, or is it actually easier to check the graphs in game?

Looking forward to getting mine going

Edit:

Found a post in here explaining how to view promoted teams, I am sure I looked everywhere, obviously not hard enough.

I will start in the next 24 hours!
    Last edited by Jpr; 01-04-2012 at 00:16.

Amateur

Margate FC - Season 2 - Final League Table - Fixtures 1 2 - Facilities - Transfers

This was the most boring season I've played in FM until March 13th. I got my wish for a striker in the forms of both Maciej Niedzwiecki (YP01) and Peter Gabriel (YP02). Since then it's been a lot more exciting with Maciej scoring 4 goals to end the season, which is hopefully a sign of things to come.

Code:
    Year   Season   League   Final Pos.   Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Ag   GD   Pts
      1    2012/13    BSS       15th       12      15      15      42   55   -13   51
      2    2013/14    BSS       13th       13      13      16      42   53   -11   52
    Last edited by Donaldoholic; 01-04-2012 at 06:17. Reason: Added code

Reserves

Slich- Its a shame that you are having a break but what a great season to end with!

Donald- it may have been dull but boring is a dam sight better than being relegated! some good prospects have made this a good season

Amateur

I'll be joining in later today, just reloading until I get a side come up with less than 1000 reputation.

So far I have a save game with AFC Hornchurch - 1100 Rep, Hitchin Town - 1050 Rep & Hastings United 1000 rep & Adequate Junior Coaching.
    Hastings United is really tempting me and they came up on the save game where AFC Hornchurch also came up.

Reserves

Tony- Glad to see another challenger. Do you not think it will be a bit hard to keep up a side with < than 1000 rep

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Braumiller View Post
    I feel for sure that I am missing out on something here.

In all 4 of my pre-seasons so far, the only 'big' clubs who show up on the list of teams available to chose as friendly opponents start with B (Birmingham 30k receipts, Blackburn, Bolton and Bristol City all at 20k receipts).
    If I try and set up a league with 3 of these 4 clubs I will only get around 70k (and then have to pay their appearance fees out of it).
    How are you guys able to make so much money from pre-season friendlies and leagues?

Is my game bugged somehow?
    Do you guys search for teams not listed in the drop down menus when creating a friendly?

Starting to hurt for cash and if I am missing something here, would be great to learn it in time for next pre-season
    I didn't personally! I only had Birmingham Bolton Blackburn and Derby and the money I raised was phenomenal as the estimates don't take into account most these matches will be televised too, but only if it's a league not just a friendly!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    Tony- Glad to see another challenger. Do you not think it will be a bit hard to keep up a side with < than 1000 rep
    I suppose so, I'll reload another couple of times and most likely go with Hastings since they have a pretty good Youth Setup.

Banned

Ri, i've decided to give my new youngster a special tag (SYP01) - Meaning Special Youth Player 01

I think we should tag players with this who are clearly something special? He's come in at 5 stars CA and 5 stars PA, with a coach saying he'll become a good Premier League player.

Part-Timer

He's come in at 5 stars CA and 5 stars PA, with a coach saying he'll become a good Premier League player.
    Screenshot please

Reserves

TM- Thats fine but can we have a screenshot please!? :P He could be the best youth through so far.

EDIT: beaten to it.

Amateur

April fools?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Conman14 View Post
    April fools?
    Spoken like a conman

Banned

Thankfully, this is no April Fools Here is my not so special Youth Intake

Compared to last season, this years youth intake was disappointing apart from 2 players.

Brett Smart SYP01 Stats
    Brett Smart SYP01 - Dubbed Next Michael Owen
    Brett Smart SYP01 Report

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post

Compared to last season, this years youth intake was disappointing apart from 2 players.

Brett Smart SYP01 Stats
    Brett Smart SYP01 Report
    Wow, kudos to you TM!

Banned

I desperately needed some defenders and a keeper, so I've got mixed emotions about it.

Amateur

You'll do well to hold onto him long!

Amateur

Alright, after failing with minows Truro (FM11) in my last attempt (Tony Hawker - I wouldn't recomend sub-1000 rep teams), I've decided to try again with one of the bigger teams. Not Salisbury, as I couldn't bear to pick a side with Professional status, but I will be taking over the next biggest reputation club... Sutton Utd

Have completed the first seaason, and will post the update shortly, however speaking of April fools, I did get this update, which had me thinking I'd hit the jackpot until I realised what day it was:

Amateur

Brett Smart SYP01 Stats
    Brett Smart SYP01 Report
    Wow, amazing stats for a 15 year old!

Amateur

Well I've decided to go with Hastings United:

Manager Profile

Hastings United Overview
    Hastings General Information
    Hastings Facilities

Boardroom Overview

Squad

Key Players:

Emmanuel O'Kane (ST)
    Karl Smith (AM/L)

We actually have quite a strong team and I'd be disappointed if we didn't survive.

Also, is there anything against organizing friendlies for every day?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Mark! View Post
    Wow, amazing stats for a 15 year old!
    And he's fairly consistent. What a beast, grats TM.

As for my game. I think this is the beginning of the end for my Margate side. I released first team players to make way for the youngsters...a bit too soon in hindsight. We're already in the relegation zone... It'll all come down to Mr. Sledgehammer I think. This is the first challenge I've had a go at, and the first tactic I've built that I've stuck with for so long.

I'll try to get Ashton Utd (900 rep, unlikely) next time I think. I'm sick of BSS.

Banned

Tony Hawker, I think Ri has spoken about this before at some point, it's not against the rules, but would prefer if you tried to keep things as realistic as possible, but like I said, not against the rules if you decide to

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Donaldoholic View Post
    And he's fairly consistent. What a beast, grats TM.

As for my game. I think this is the beginning of the end for my Margate side. I released first team players to make way for the youngsters...a bit too soon in hindsight. We're already in the relegation zone... It'll all come down to Mr. Sledgehammer I think. This is the first challenge I've had a go at, and the first tactic I've built that I've stuck with for so long.

I'll try to get Ashton Utd (900 rep, unlikely) next time I think. I'm sick of BSS.
    Unlucky That's just unfortunate!

Part-Timer

Brett Smart SYP01 Stats
    Brett Smart SYP01 Report
    Fantastic young player!
    Now the hard part, to force yourself to drop him for games when he needs rest!
    Finding it hard here with my young star! Have a home game coming up against 21st place, so finally feel comfortable giving the kid a weeks holiday rest after a run of 3 weeks with weekend and midweek games and he needing a rest.

Amateur

Tony Hawker, I think Ri has spoken about this before at some point, it's not against the rules, but would prefer if you tried to keep things as realistic as possible, but like I said, not against the rules if you decide to
    Thanks TM, I decided against every day friendlies, but I have organised 8 home friendlies against Championship & SPL teams, with 1 morale booster at the end, just beat the reserves 3-1 so it's a start!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Braumiller View Post
    Fantastic young player!
    Now the hard part, to force yourself to drop him for games when he needs rest!
    Finding it hard here with my young star! Have a home game coming up against 21st place, so finally feel comfortable giving the kid a weeks holiday rest after a run of 3 weeks with weekend and midweek games and he needing a rest.
    Agreed, I haven't stopped playing him since I got him haha

Amateur

FM11 - Sutton United FC 2011/12 Season Update - Blue Square Bet South - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - BSS, 1st, FA Trophy 2nd Round, BSS Champions!
    42 Pld, 24 Won, 12 Drn, 6 Lst, 94 For, 50 Ag, +44 GD, 84 Pts

League / Domestic Cups

After having managed a paper thin Truro squad which constantly required top-ups from the U18 side, I was blown away with the depth of the Sutton United squad, with plenty of players in every position (except for GK, which was very weak), and they even had 3 current international players (from the might nations of Eritrea (182nd), Suriname (128th), and Gambia (118th)). With this squad, I entered the season hoping for promotion at the first attempt, and that's exactly what happened, clinching the title with one game to go!

2012 League Table and Graph

Despite the good form in the league, this didn't equate to good cup runs, being knocked out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle and only reaching the 2nd Round of the FA Trophy

Star Players

BSS Player of the Season - Simon Whaley
    Of the 3 Sutton Utd players nominated for BSS Player of the season, I thought that 27 year old winger Whaley was the least worthy winner, but that said, his physical and technical attributes are amazing for this level. At 27 he is one of the older players in the starting XI, but should have a few good years left before he needs replacing

Fan's Player of the Season - Oliver Nicholas
    This 20 year old Eritrean central defender, a product of the Arsenal youth system, was also nominated for BSS Player of the Season, and in my opinion was the best player in the squad, which at 20 years old is quite an achievement. Not only that, but he has already been called up for Eritrea, and despite only playing 1 game has been made captain. He has great physical attributes for a 20 year old, and his average rating of 7.43 was a new club record.

Top Goalscorer - Martin Reilly
    The third player to be nominated for BSS Player of the Season, this 25 year old Irish striker is probably not in the same league as the top two players, but still too good for the BSS, and with 25 goals and 13 assists from 44 appearances at 7.16, he was by far Sutton's top goalscorer.

Best U18 Player - Gary White
    Unlike my experience with Truro where I was forced to blood a host of U18 players, due to the depth of the squad I inherited I wasn't made to play any U18 players, and therefore 16 year old right back Gary White was the only U18 player to make an appearance for the senior team, and the 2 appearances he did make were the last two games of the season, when the title race was over. Whilst his current attributes aren't anything flash, my coach thinks he has the potential to be a good BSP right back, so let's see what happens.

2012 Seasonal Best XI

Finances

Despite being $4k under my $9k / week wage budget, I still managed to post a $250k loss, but with any luck I should be able to recoup that in the BSP next season!

2012 Finances

Training Facilities: Adequate
    Youth Facilities: Basic
    Youth Recruitment: Basic

Despite inheriting quite a talented squad, I was still very glad to take out the BSS title and avoid the pain of having to go through the playoffs, but next season will be the real test - my next batch of youth players aren't setting the world on fire, so I will be looking for more improvement from my inherited squad that did so well this season.
    Last edited by Marky Mark!; 01-04-2012 at 13:46.

Banned

Congratulations Marky Mark on a fantastic season Keep up the good work!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hawker View Post
    Also, is there anything against organizing friendlies for every day?
    I personally don't play that way (in fact, I let my assistant manager arrange all my friendlies), but each to their own - there's nothing explicitly stated in the rules about it.

Another thing I do, to add an extra challenge (something that was in the rules, but has been dropped this year) is not hire any external staff either, but rather try and move my existing players onto staff contracts at the end of their playing career (currently I have 1 player/assistant manager, 1 coach, and no physio!). Does anyone else do this or any other 'optional' challenges?

Amateur

I personally don't play that way (in fact, I let my assistant manager arrange all my friendlies), but each to their own - there's nothing explicitly stated in the rules about it.

Another thing I do, to add an extra challenge (something that was in the rules, but has been dropped this year) is not hire any external staff either, but rather try and move my existing players onto staff contracts at the end of their playing career (currently I have 1 player/assistant manager, 1 coach, and no physio!). Does anyone else do this or any other 'optional' challenges?
    I do feel a bit dirty for my pre-season friendly leagues. I've never done it before, and I'd rather not do it again.

I'm getting my just desserts now though. With my star YP breaking his leg, and my current league position.

I am thinking of quitting Margate, then having another go with a different team after trying to improve my tactical prowess.

Edit: At least we're not Liverpool. <<<< Match of the Day 2 spoiler
    Last edited by Donaldoholic; 01-04-2012 at 14:17. Reason: Real Life

Amateur

I remember this rule from the first time round and I almost used it but decided against it since I'm still learning about the new team talk feature so signed an Ass man with 18 motivation. On the look out for one with tactical knowledge and JPA next so they can help me out with OIs!

Amateur

I would have used the staff optional challenge, except we had no staff at all, it was just the chairman, also managed to upgrade the junior coaching, it's now average!

Amateur

Lowestoft Town - Season 1

Correct database:
    http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8...er2012newg.png
    Manager:
    http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5...lengeaddne.png
    Proof of 24th
    http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/349...ynewsinbox.png

I will be posting season summaries and youth intakes in this thread and posting a detailed thread Here

Started off by hiring a fitness coach and organising 2 money grabbing tournaments
    Last edited by Jpr; 01-04-2012 at 14:35.

Banned

Season 2015 - 2016 End Of Season Report
    Chester - League 2 - First Season

This was my first season in League 2 and the Football Leagues, a massive achievement for the club! Initially, I knew that this would be a very tough season and I set myself a few goals which I will now outline...

Season 2015/2016 Goals

1. Avoid Relegation - Achieved
    2. Wages Below 10k - Achieved (Below 8k)
    3. Have a player score a hatrick - Not Achieved
    4. Maintain Good Finances - Achieved (£748k)
    League Table - League 2 | Fixtures - January To June | Squad - Team Stats | Youth Intake - March 2016

A very strong end to the season after a run of only 1 win in 16 games, we won 4 out of our last 6! The victory over Stevenage ensured our survival from relegation as they were 23rd and we won that match in style! We were also the team to end Exeter's hopes of survival after our 1 - 0 victory ensured their relegation from League 2. Finally, to prove how many strides we've made over the last 2 seasons, we managed to beat Luton (4-2) in our last game of the season. Some of you may remember my infamous loss to Luton 3 seasons ago in the BSP, where we lost 8 - 0! This was a sort of pay back for this growing squad of players.

On another note, I am unsure if my actions at the end of last season and the start of this season may have been the reason why we struggled this season, letting several original players leave and bringing through my YP's + other youth players, but we will never know and despite our problems, I feel I have done the right thing, as this should secure our long term plan. The original players were getting old and the only way I could see us securing our future was to go with the youth players development, whether they were YP's or not.

League Cup

Our first venture into the League Cup, with our first opponent in Round 1 being Huddersfield Town! As you would imagine, we didn't fair too well against this Championship side, beaten 2 - 0... I feel the scoreline was respectable considering the major revamp I had put in place.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

2nd Round North: Bury 0 - 1 Chester
    Quarter Final North: Bradford 0 - 0 Chester (W - Penalties)
    Semi Final North: Carlisle 1 - 0 Chester

We were knocked out by a very good side in Carlisle and I think that we did well to reach the Semi-Final North! Hopefully next season we can step it up a notch.

FA Cup

1st Round: Dag & Red 1 - 2 Chester
    2nd Round: Crawley 1 - 1 Chester
    2nd Round Replay: Chester 2 - 1 Crawley (After ET)
    3rd Round: Luton 0 - 0 Chester
    3rd Round Replay: Chester 1 - 0 Luton (After ET)
    4th Round: Bournemouth 2 - 1 Chester

Once again we reached the FA Cup 4th Round and this time round we got lucky with the draw, with League 1 Bournemouth the only thing standing in our way of reaching a record 5th round! Unfortunately, they were just too good for us... Despite the scoreline only being 2 - 1, they dominated every area of the pitch and the scoreline flattered us really. Unfortunately this meant that we didn't get the sort of money we were looking for and I wish we had been drawn against a bigger side.

Club Finances | Club Transfers | Junior Coaching Upgrade

This season, our club finances have dropped, but we are still going very strong in that department thankfully and to top of our season of survival, we got some brilliant news on 1st June, as the board accepted my request of an upgrade to the Junior Coaching, bringing us up to Exceptional! Very pleased with this outcome!

This seasons YP Watch

Gary Beckford YP01
    Manuele De Petrillo YP02
    Rod Delfouneso YP03
    Kyle Pope YP04
    Christian Walsh YP05
    Ciaran Wood YP06
    Eric Davidson YP07
    Brett Smart SYP01

This season brings in YP07 (Eric Davidson - CM) and a newly tagged SYP01 (Brett Smart)

Code:
    Season      Division   Position   Achievement
    2012/2013   BSN        2nd        Promotion Via Playoffs
    2013/2014   BSP        13th       Mid-Table
    2014/2015   BSP        4th        Promotion Via Playoffs
    2015/2016   L2         18th       Avoided Relegation
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 01-04-2012 at 15:14.

Amateur

Brett Smart is wanted by 5 clubs. Eep.

Edit: I'm tempted to be Oxford City. They haven't bought or sold anyone yet, so they're a huge challenge. Their ground is also on a farm. Exciting.
    Last edited by Donaldoholic; 01-04-2012 at 15:21.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Donaldoholic View Post
    Brett Smart is wanted by 5 clubs. Eep.
    I'm hoping nothing comes of it, but I highly doubt I can keep hold of him Thankfully there is hope with Christian Walsh's fantastic form towards the end of the season!

Banned

Life is about to become more difficult than I had planned, with John Danby (my goalkeeper) deciding to hang up his boots are 34 years old, despite a last minute attempt to try to convince him to play on... I've now got no keeper with experience or the ability for League 2 I have my youth goalkeepers, but i'm unsure how things will turn out.

Amateur

Sorry if it's been asked before but can we sign players from trial days, it's an intake, kind of? haha.

Raised over £300k from pre-season tournaments

Amateur

Life is about to become more difficult than I had planned, with John Danby (my goalkeeper) deciding to hang up his boots are 34 years old, despite a last minute attempt to try to convince him to play on... I've now got no keeper with experience or the ability for League 2 I have my youth goalkeepers, but i'm unsure how things will turn out.
    Damn Unlucky! That's why I was happy to get a 5* PA keeper through as my keeper is over 30 now too!

Amateur

New board, back in tha black with my finances, and junior coaching now at excellent Happy days!

Amateur

Taken over as Kingstonian Manager. Let's see how long I can last.

Manager Profile

Amateur

Unfortunately, my FC United of Manchester save is no more. Had a problem with the computer, and it is gone... which was so annoying as it was going pretty well.

So, I have managed to get a new computer, and am starting this challenge again, but with a different team.
    Yes, I have gone with Chester like many others, but hopefully a push for promotion early can be good.

Here is my profile

I have also managed to get the board to agree to upgrade Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching already as well.

Part-Timer

Weymouth have just claimed their first league scalp ever

Semi Pro

Carshalton Atheltic Do The Double!!!!!

League
    Well Well Well to my surprise we were sitting pretty close to the top then started to turn the pressure on Hereford who started to falter and it all hung on the last game of season i had the 2 point advantage over them and i knew i had to win if i wanted to win the League we were playing my hometown team Darlington so i thought to myself that it was going to bite me on my A** but it didnt and we ran it out 1-0 after a few squeeky bum moments we deserved the titile and it was a big surprise to me that we managed to win the league

Team Stats

Player Stats

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Oscar Ward - awesome this year would like to see more goals but his stats are pretty good

Marvelous Baah - once again a truly awesome player for me

FA Cup 4th round knocked out by Wigan 3-1

FA Trophy - Winners
    Final

Youth Intake

YP03

First international Cap

Ambitions for next season : Survive

Amateur

Hendon 2019/20 - BSP

League Table : Fantastic never dropped out of the top 3 and won the title on the final game on sheer goal differnece.

Fa Cup : out at first try

Fa Trophy : cant believe i won this. what a great run. had to play crewe who i beat to the title on GD and destroyed em 4-0

Squad : Worried about the amount conceded, that is prob due to the goalie being only 17, more experience should help him. but the amount of goals scored was ridiculous. i retrained my 2 strikers to play in the wings which both were already competant at and changed the tactics to try and help the defence, it worked as i conceded less in the final few games.

Youth Intake : very pleased with this one a good goalie and ST with hopefully some Mc's will come through. 2 players get tags this year

Oumar Gourieer YP08 : REPORT very promising GK expected to far exceed my current GK.

Lionel Rutherford YP09 : REPORT can play AMR/L/ST so very ideal for my new tactic, had a few games in the end season scored a few looks very promising

Key Player

Leke Ndah : lethal infront of goal scored from the centre and both wings.

Samuel Wood YP04: same as Leke clinical. between these 2 ST's 10 Hattricks were scored (Dig a Tactical Master )

And the Board Announce : this might put the club in a bit of debt eek!

And of course TRANSFERS

Code:
    		HENDONS YOUTH CAREER
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YEAR	LEAGUE	POS	PTS	PROM/REL  	FA CUP		OTHER
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12/13	BSS	18TH	43	N/A		4TH QUALS
    13/14	BSS	17TH	41	N/A		2ND QUALS
    14/15	BSS	14TH	49	N/A		1ST RND
    15/16	BSS	5TH	69	PLYOFF SEMI	3RD QUALS
    16/17	BSS	16TH	53	N/A		3RD RND
    17/18	BSS	7TH	68	N/A		4TH QUALS
    18/19	BSS	1ST	90	WINNERS		2ND QUALS
    19/20	BSP	1ST	85	WINNERS		4TH QUALS	FA TROPHY WINNERS
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YOUTH PLAYERS OVER 200 APPS
    Code:
    ------------Name-----------------------Appearances-----------Goals---------------Assists-----------Average Rating--------
    ---------------------------------------------------------GK: Goals Conc-----GK: Clean Sheets-----------------------------

Laurent Friend  (YP02) (ST)      213 (242)         56 (61)             41 (47)              6.89
            (2013-Present)

Domininc Bass          (DRC)     211 (241)         1  (1)              6  (6)               6.80

Key: league (all competitions)
    Next season:
    survive the L2 and try and get a good fa cup run going. i need money money. this season not 1 original player will remain the entire team will be made up from youth.
    Last edited by the_greyham; 01-04-2012 at 19:24.

Amateur

Just went on a 3 win streak and I lose my 2 full backs to injury, my ONLY backup comes on and gets injured too. Then have a player controversially sent off and my GK is injured in training.... all in one week. This is going to be fun!

Reserves

so much stuff to get through, will reply to everything tomorrow as I am knackered!

Banned

I am actually insulted as Wigan have offered £14k for Brett Smart...

Amateur

I am actually insulted as Wigan have offered £14k for Brett Smart...
    Set the asking price to a couple mill which will stop quite a few bids coming in.

Amateur

I'm coming up to the end of the 2017/18 season with Northwich, and the axe will fall on a lot of players in June.

I've just had a count, and all the teams (U18, reserves and first team), I have 73 players! 6 Keepers (1 will go), and 67 outfield players (about 30 will go)!

Oh, and my highest earner will be leaving the club, so that will be £600/week saved straight away.

While I'm at it, I'll stake my claim for a Hall of fame place.

Clean sheets by a youth keeper in a season - Bradley Power YP02-2. 17 in 2016/17 I'll upload the proof at the end of the season, but at the current rate, he could beat that record, as he has 15 already this season, and 5 games left to play (could be 7 or 8 yet, but it's looking doubtful we'll make the playoffs now.)
    Last edited by Avramski; 01-04-2012 at 22:13.

Amateur

Hendon 2017/18 mid-season update

Poor cup showing, but our league form is steady, consistent and good. 40 points has been reached already, so we should be safe already...no-one's particularly shining though

Also got offered a job at Walsall and Hereford, on the same day too....needless to say I rejected.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Avramski View Post

Clean sheets by a youth keeper in a season - Bradley Power YP02-2. 17 in 2016/17 I'll upload the proof at the end of the season, but at the current rate, he could beat that record, as he has 15 already this season, and 5 games left to play (could be 7 or 8 yet, but it's looking doubtful we'll make the playoffs now.)
    Bradley has now broken that record with 3 clean sheets in a row, and still 2 games left to play, so he could still set a decent benchmark for everyone to aim for.

Amateur

In October with Lowestoft, eagerly anticipating my first batch of youths!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jpr View Post
    In October with Lowestoft, eagerly anticipating my first batch of youths!
    Best of luck for your first batch of youth players!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    Set the asking price to a couple mill which will stop quite a few bids coming in.
    I've done what you said and put a £5mil price tag on his head and after the previous 2 bids, nobody has bid since

Youth Intake

Ben Evans YP11 is that standout amongst the lot, I think if I can improve his finishing he can become a great player for the club.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drew the Cookie Eater View Post
    Youth Intake

Ben Evans YP11 is that standout amongst the lot, I think if I can improve his finishing he can become a great player for the club.
    Have you noticed that most intakes shoot out strikers?

Amateur

Having finished pre season, a superb first two games of BSN life has come about. Firstly, beating relegated Braintree 2-1 away is a great result.

We then faced Worcester in our first home game, which was announced to be a fan day, and brought about a bumper 3263 crowd.

To say that I could not have asked for a better scoreline and display would be an understatement.
    Long may this continue!

Banned

Goldyrulz, fantastic match right there Keep it up and you will get promotion!

Have you noticed that most intakes shoot out strikers?
    For me yes, most of the time I get strikers, but I also get a few defenders, and the odd midfielder, I think I need more defenders more than anything.

Amateur

I'm going to start over again, St Albans as i got it only has 7 subs of which 3 are GK so not much u can do with that.

Will update later

Amateur

Goldyrulz, fantastic match right there Keep it up and you will get promotion!
    Thanks! Hopefully I can emulate yours and others successes

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mthielen View Post
    I'm going to start over again, St Albans as i got it only has 7 subs of which 3 are GK so not much u can do with that.

Will update later
    Could be worse, when I started with Northwich, I only had 17 players. Very frequently, I could only name 3 or 4 subs until I got my first youth intake.

Amateur

I've just gotten the first season of Youth:

Youth Candidates

Jason Tillen (YP1) - Coach Report

Amateur

Gratz Hawker a few straight for 1st team and a lot for the futur

I have a question: How can i put YP01 behind the names of the new youth players??

Amateur

Northwich Victoria - 2017/18

Cups first for a change ....

Code:
    Competition   Round   Opponent            Location   Score    Attendance
    FA Cup        Q2      Hemel Hempstead     Home        2-0     951
    FA Cup        Q3      Stafford            Home        2-0     889
    FA Cup        Q4      Stockport County    Home        0-0     2015
    FA Cup        Q4 (R)  Stockport County    Away        1-2     1992
    FA Cup        1       Fleetwood           Home        1-1     4028
    FA Cup        1  (R)  Fleetwood (TV)      Away        p1-1    4540
    FA Trophy     Q3      Hyde                Home        3-2     493
    FA Trophy     1       Chasetown           Away        1-2     139
    FA Trophy     2       FC Halifax          Away        1-2     812
    FA Trophy     3       Tamworth            Home        1-1     571
    FA Trophy     3  (R)  Tamworth            Away        1-1p    1155
    FA Trophy     4       Chester             Home        1-0     674
    FA Trophy     SF1     Mansfield           Away        Postponed
    FA Trophy     SF1     Mansfield           Home        1-0     1848
    FA Trophy     SF2     Mansfield           Away        3-3     1695
    FA Trophy     F       Eastbourne Boro     Neutral     0-4     19362        WINNERS!
    As you can see, an astounding season in the cups, ending in a top notch match at Wembley where BSP team Eastbourne Boro were demolished 4-0. The only downside was that with all those extra games, we had a lot of re-arranged matches which led to fixture congestion right through to the end of March. In the FA Cup, L1 side Fleetwood were taken the distance, with the replay being televised. Unfortunately, they were better at penalties than we were

In the league, our form was patchy, mainly because of all the extra cup games. It meant that the players were tired most of the time, so I had to keep chopping and changing the team to try and keep everyone as fit as possible. The fixture congestion at times was horrendous, especially at the end of March when the original SF 1st leg against Mansfield was postponed. That meant I then had a run of 7 games in 17 days (listed below).

21/3 Stalybridge (a) 2-0
    24/3 Mansfield (h) 1-0
    27/3 Mansfield (a) 3-3
    31/3 Solihull (a) 2-1
    2/4 Lowestoft (h) 3-1
    4/4 Barrow (h) 1-0
    7/4 Hereford (h) 0-2

For some strange reason after the Hereford game, I had 7 players who needed resting..... Anyway, the teams form was patchy through out the season, but once again, another strong run in meant we finished reasonably well, with 2 wins and 2 draws in the final 4 league games meant we finished 11th with 62 points. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, as my goal was to get into the playoffs again, but under the circumstances, I'm satisfied with how the season finished. The highlight of the season however, was 6 games in. We were away to Port Vale, and they were 1 of the favourites for promotion this season. At half time, the score was 1-1. It didn't finish that way ....

Code:
    Season          P    W    D     L     GF    GA    GD    Points   Pos.     Notes
    2012/13         42   20   12    10    65    34    +31     72     6th      Not a bad first season.
    2013/14         42   21   9     12    49    30    +19     72     5th      Lost in playoff semi.
    2014/15         42   19   8     15    48    45    +3      65     7th      2 points shy of playoffs
    2015/16         42   11   8     23    32    58    -26     41     18th     Disastrous season!
    2016/17         42   21   12    9     63    40    +23     75     5th      Best season yet, mullered in playoffs though.
    2017/18         42   17   11    14    63    45    +18     62     11th     Lot's of tired players. Having to chop and change too much.

A new chairman took over the club at the beginning of February, and the first thing he did was take out a loan of £215,000 to get the club back into the black. Thankfully, the loan repayments are only £1476 a month. I wasn't to disappointed, as despite 2 strong cup runs and a strong (financially) pre-season, we were on course to make a healthy profit, but would still be roughly £130,000 in the red (at the time of writing this). One benfit though, was that the new chairman agreed at the start of March to increase the clubs junior coaching to excellent. However, my youth intake was worse than the previous 2 seasons when it was only rated as good. However, Wally Weston (report card) and David Russell (report card) did stand out, so they will get the YP tags this year.

Youth Players

I've used a few more players this season, so here's a quick summary of how they have managed in the team this season (8 games minimum)

Code:
    Player                    Pos.  Games   Con.  CS.  Goals  Assist  MoM  Red  Yellow  Av. Rating
    Brett Comyn-Platt         GK    8       11    2    -      -       0    0    1       6.72
    Bradley Power YP02-2      GK    49      46    20   -      -       0    0    0       6.65
    Stephen Haddow YP04-2     D L   44      -     -    -      2       2    1    10      6.97
    Frank Lenders YP02-1      D C   45(8)   -     -    6      1       5    0    3       7.09
    Stewart Fisher            D C   12(8)   -     -    1      0       1    0    0       6.91
    Hakin Tran                D C   9(9)    -     -    1      2       1    0    0       6.95
    Daniel Jones              D R   42      -     -    1      3       1    0    3       7.14
    Darren McCready           D R   8       -     -    0      1       1    0    1       7.05
    Alastair Holsgrove        M C   10(11)  -     -    0      0       0    0    1       6.65
    Aiden Jones               M C   24(19)  -     -    5      5       2    0    1       6.85
    Ben Ryan YP01             M C   44(12)  -     -    4      11      4    0    5       6.88
    William Pratt YP03        M C   32(16)  -     -    1      2       1    0    5       6.67
    Christopher Rodgers       M C   6(2)    -     -    1      0       0    0    0       6.81
    Ahmet Ozturk              ST    35(2)   -     -    10     7       2    0    2       6.89
    Les Beck YP04-1           ST    48(1)   -     -    17     10      6    0    2       7.04
    Jimmy Morton              ST    17(7)   -     -    7      0       1    0    1       6.73
    Lenders and Beck are getting better and better with each season, while Daniel Jones has massively improved this year.

Special mention though for Bradley Power YP02-2. He kept 20 clean sheets during the season.

Transfers - I'm clean. There will be a lot more activity next season, as I'm having a massive clear out. I've currently got 73 players at the club.

Overall, a good, solid and unspectacular season. For next season, my aims are playoffs minimum, 2nd round of the FA cup, get the wage bill down (currently £330,000/year) and stay in the black. The future's bright. the future's Green

Sorry for the long post, but there has been a lot to report for the season. I've also taken the liberty of bolding the links to the screen shots to make them stand out a bit more.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mthielen View Post
    Gratz Hawker a few straight for 1st team and a lot for the futur

I have a question: How can i put YP01 behind the names of the new youth players??
    Go to player interaction (in the top right corner when you click on someone's name) and click on Set Nickname just above Keep players history and just put the full name in followed by YP whatever.

Avramski - Congrats on winning the FA Trophy. I could never do well in that competition, always failed at the first hurdle..
    Last edited by TWFL; 02-04-2012 at 15:35.

Amateur

I'm the 3rd manager to win the FA Trophy. Quite a nice payout for a day at Wembley as well

Amateur

I'm the 3rd manager to win the FA Trophy. Quite a nice payout for a day at Wembley as well
    Oops haha my bad You got quite a big attendance for a BSN team at Wembley. Must have been covered by Tv as well which must have meant more money!

Banned

Well done on the cup victory Avramski, but it does appear that it hurt your league form

Amateur

Yeah. I may just put out a team of youngsters for Q3 this season, as I was having to make 3 or 4 changes for nearly every match. Out of the 2 cups, I much prefer a half decent run in the FA Cup, as you get better prize money and more people through the gates. 2nd round will do me, as that will generate quite a bit of money.

Mind you, I'll not say no to Man Utd away in the 3rd round

EDIT :: Nicely timed boost for the team. It has been announced just before the start of the season that 3 of the favourites for promotion (Hereford, Port Vale ans Stockport), have been deducted 10 points for going into administration.
    Last edited by Avramski; 02-04-2012 at 16:54.

Banned

Northampton 4 - 5 Chester

The most amazing match i've ever been involved in! At half time we were 2 down, so for the first time in a while I re-introduced the hair dryer treatment! Soon enough we were 3 down, but 8 minute later Sarcevic turned up with a special goal as he has done so often. Then it appeared to be all over and looked to be getting worse 4 minutes later as Jack Smith scored his 4th for Northampton, bringing the score to 4 - 1... I moved some players around and introduced Lewis Jones for the 12th time since his career began in 2011! It was desperate times with Petrillo and Smart away on International duty and some how we won 5 - 4!!!

[Edit] My Assistant Manager and my Captain have both praised my post match, whilst Kyle Pope has revealed my anger from the half time teamtalk
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 02-04-2012 at 17:33.

Amateur

Finally getting some playing time!

I'm lagging behind in just my second season but we are pulling away from the drop zone with a recent run of 10 games unbeaten, however, only with 3 wins!!!

League table / Fixtures

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    Finally getting some playing time!

I'm lagging behind in just my second season but we are pulling away from the drop zone with a recent run of 10 games unbeaten, however, only with 3 wins!!!

League table / Fixtures
    Good to see your back and doing well

Amateur

Ok so 2nd season in League 2 and I'm in 4th and just 2 points off 3rd (automatic promotion place) with 3 games to go. Squeaky bum time as SAF would say!

Semi Pro

I got Fulham on the 3rd round heat them and then played Wigan but got beat by them wtf haha!!
    What's everyone's biggest scalp?? In the cups

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    I got Fulham on the 3rd round heat them and then played Wigan but got beat by them wtf haha!!
    So far a 5 - 1 victory over Championship side Hull City, then lost to Premiership side Wolves in the 2nd round in League Cup.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    I'm appalling in the cups but I can't complain really, I play all the youth players that don't get a look in as my squad is tiny and cannot cope with the league games as it is, never mind the cups.

Amateur

Hastings United - Blue Square South - 2012/2013

League Table - A good first season, we did hit the relegation zone, but from March our form got a lot better!

FA Cup - Lost in the 2nd Qualifying Round against Dover.

FA Trophy - I made it a bit further in this, beating Margate & Chelmsford 1-0 before losing 1-0 to Hinckley in the 2nd Round.

Squad - We have a good squad even though we are a little top heavy.

Key Players:

Joe Barney (D C/R)

Jason Tillen (YP1) (ST) - He joined us in March, 9 games 6 goals, his stats dropped a bit but hopefully good things will come next season.

Transfers - or lack of.

Code:
    Season      Division          Position     Achievements
    2012/13   Blue Square South     17th       Survived

Banned

Good solid first season Hawker Jason Tillen looks great for that league, so I think you can expect lots of goals next season

Amateur

How do I not concede so often from corners It's so so frustrating, probably 1 a game on average.

Amateur

How do I not concede so often from corners It's so so frustrating, probably 1 a game on average.
    Match preparation of defending set pieces should help to some extent.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    Ok so 2nd season in League 2 and I'm in 4th and just 2 points off 3rd (automatic promotion place) with 3 games to go. Squeaky bum time as SAF would say!
    So we crumbled under the pressure but got a play-off place where we played Accrington Stanley who we beat 4-2 on aggregate so not too nervy. We now have Bournemouth in the final at Wembley. We lost to them in the last game of the season which prevented us getting an automatic promotion and resigned us to more games in the play-offs, so we are out to seek revenge!

Edit: Arghh! Both of my main strikers have had to go off in the first 10 minutes! We're one nil up but it's very nervy already..

haha! Promoted! League 1 baby, here we come!

Full update later.
    Last edited by TWFL; 02-04-2012 at 19:46.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    Match preparation of defending set pieces should help to some extent.
    It's been set to that since one of the first games when we conceded from multiple set pieces haha.

Good luck TWFL!

Amateur

It's been set to that since one of the first games when we conceded from multiple set pieces haha.

Good luck TWFL!
    Review your set up and make sure you have enough men back etc. and perhaps set everyone to man marking rather than just 'go back.'

Banned

Fantastic stuff TWFL!!! Look at that attendance!!!

Amateur

Amazing work with Carshalton TWFL!

Halfway through my first season with Lowestoft, after a good start we are playing awfully. We've been really unlucky with injuries, losing our 2 best players for 4 months each.

I'm just hoping for some good youths.
    Last edited by Jpr; 02-04-2012 at 20:22.

Banned

Manuele De Petrillo Capped For San Marino

An amazing moment as Petrillo finally breaks into the San Marino fold!

Amateur

Fantastic stuff TWFL!!! Look at that attendance!!!
    Haha thanks! I'm pretty certain that most of the fans came from Bournemouth though! Congrats about De Petrillo. He must be a huge improvement to most of the Sammarinese players?

Amateur

Just got my first youth intake with Lowestoft!

link

2 players got the tag, but it could be more.

Ronnie Edwards YP01

Richard Skerritt YP02

Both could develop well but I am very concerned at the lack of central defenders in the intake.

Part-Timer

Grats TWFL! League One baby!

Part-Timer

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 2015-16

Season 4 Targets
    * Promotion! Not as big a reach as once imagined, but still a tough ask right now Achieved!! Finished 2nd, won the play-offs
    * Maintain wage bill. Original YPs are now signing new contracts and original players are now leaving. A balancing act. Achieved, ran most of the season at around 1,900 pw
    * A decent cup run. Would definitely help finances. Achieved. Made it to the FA Cup 3rd round
    * Operate in profit again. Achieved, but only just and thanks to the 2 play off home games with bumper crowds

What a year and where oh where did my fingernails go!

For the second year in a row we got out of the gates at a slower than expected pace, but we were able to gradually build our momentum and challenge for honours. Ultimately we fell short of claiming the first piece of silverware of my reign, but 3 very good play-off games saw us promoted!
    Play-off semi final opponents were one of our listed rivals, Dorchester. Going into the game we had won only 1 of our previous 9 encounters, but a gutsy 3-2 away win in the away leg was followed by a tight 1-0 home win and we were going to be playing in theclubs biggest game for quite some time.
    Play off final opponents were Welling, who we had also struggled against. One win in 6 meetings against them. This night though was nothing short of spectacular and the best Weymouth performance of the season was saved for the last game of the season. A mammoth 5-1 result and a fitting MoM finale for Sam Bryant with 2 goals and 2 assists.

Final League Table

The FA Cup run provided the fans with a lot of entertainment as well, including our first ever league scalp when we traveled to Kenilworth Road and beat L2 Luton Town in round 2. Round 3 saw a home tie against top of L2 Port Vale and reality set back in with a comprehensive 0-4 loss.

The FA Trophy run was short lived and best forgotten!

Youth Intake
    The pre-season saw the board agree for the 4th pre-season in a row to improve our junior coaching, this time resulting in it being ranked as 'Excellent'. It is now costing us just over 21,000 per month in youth set-up costs, so financially we are set up to live or die by the (youth) sword.
    This years intake of youth was again pleasing. Four players were tagged YP 4x, with the top prospect being Nathan Clark (YP 4a) Report Card | Starting Attributes. A natural DM or MC, I am hoping he will form a long lasting partnership with last years uber talent Sam Bryant (YP 3a).
    For the first time I did not just sign all of the youths to youth deals, infact more than half were let go once their youth trials expired.
    Additionally, around a dozen youth players from the first couple of intake are being let go when their contracts expire this summer.

I am very happy with the midfield and attack for the years ahead (barring any talent poaching from higher reputation clubs), but I am beginning to become very concerned about my defence and goalkeeping situation.
    I have always had a leaky defence, but the initial year 1 youth intake defenders I received are failing to live up to the immediate excitement.
    My GK has been the same for all 4 seasons and is constantly the brunt of my backroom staff's advice to drop him due to poor form, with not one good youth intake option to appear.

As it stands in my first year in the BSP coming up, I need to score more than I concede. Sounds blatantly obvious, but I do not see (m)any clean sheets in my future.

Weymouth Progress
    Code:
    Year   Season   League   Target Description  Target Positions   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
      1    2012/13    BSS     Avoid Relegation       14th-19th           13th        17      5       20     70       78     -8    56
      2    2013/14    BSS       Consolidate           9th-14th           15th        13     13       16     51       49     +2    52
      3    2014/15    BSS       Challenge             2nd-8th             4th        21     10       11     82       55    +27    73
      4    2015/16    BSS       Promotion             1st-5th             2nd        25      8        9     95       65    +30    83

Former Youth Intake Players Performance - 2015/16
    Code:
    ===============================================================================================

Season 4 - 2015/16

Youth Name       YP Tag   Position  Apperances   Goals   Assists  MOMs   Yel   Red  Avg Rating
    Sam Bryant         3a       DMC MC    47          12       29       6     4     0      7.40
    Mark Keddie        2d       DC        46          15        0       6     3     0      7.33
    Jake Jordan        1a       AMLC      34 (5)      15       11       5     1     0      7.15
    Geoff Pritchett    2b       FC        41 (5)      25       18       4     5     0      7.14
    Rob Neal           1b       AMR       48 (1)      14       16       5     4     0      7.11
    Charles Robinson   2a       AMC FC    44 (9)      24        3       4     2     0      7.08
    Dominic Michie     2c       AMRL      35 (1)       4       12       2     6     0      7.08
    Nathan Clark       4a       DM MCR    10           0        3       0     0     0      7.07
    Callum Moore       1e       DL        37           0        6       1    16     0      7.03
    Paul Brown         1c       DR        51           1        4       2    10     0      6.99
    Martin Richards    1d       AMC       14 (18)      3        4       0     2     0      6.90
    Elliot Hobbs       4b       DM MC      0 (3)       0        0       0     0     0      6.60
    Jon Gibson         3c       AMR FC     0 (5)       0        0       0     0     0      6.60
    Nathan Rae         3b       DRC        4 (18)      0        1       1     3     0      6.51
    Rob Bridges        4c       DC         0           0        0       0     0     0      0.00
    Adam Doyle         4d       DM MC      0           0        0       0     0     0      0.00

===============================================================================================
    Sam Bryant proved his class all season long with fantastic performances, capped off by a MoM in the play off final 5-1 win, with 2 goals and another 2 assists.
    Dominic Michie saw a large drop off in performance this season, over last seasons player of the season performances, hoping for a rebound next year.
    Jon Gibson barely saw any action due to a 7 month lay off just weeks into the season after breaking his leg.

Season 4 Transfers

Season 5 2016/17 Targets
    * BSP Survival
    * Operate on a profit
    * Minimize wage bill increases (a lot of youth intake renewals coming up)

Quick side note, my updates will probably slow down a little here for the near future. Started a new job today and going to cut into playing time. Still playing, still grinding

Amateur

Braumiller - well done on getting out I hope the youths still fare well enough in the BSP!

Amateur

Bradley has now broken that record with 3 clean sheets in a row, and still 2 games left to play, so he could still set a decent benchmark for everyone to aim for.
    That's actually not a bad idea, having a Hall of Fame where we can talk up our youth products - although sadly I haven't had any youths of note yet

Reserves

Braumiller- Congrats on a wonderful promotion! it must be satisfying to have completely followed your 4 year plan

Amateur

Big news from me! Blue Square South side Hastings United are through to the FA Cup 3rd Round after beating Coventry 2-1 AWAY from home! Coventry are currently 5th in League 1 and we're in the Third Round against Plymouth!

Amateur

Well mid way through season (Jan 1st) the board gave me the chance to change my objectives. So I have, from avoid relegation to Mid Table finish. I am actually aiming for playoffs as I am currently about 3 points off them but I didn't want to set expectations too high! Also changed my tactics, they are still just as attacking as before but now my players are allowed a bit more freedom. by statistics we are one of the best defences in the league so It was time for a change as this season I have no prolific top scorer (Best at 7 and he is a winger!) So I changed my defensive forward to a poacher!

Drew. Lowestoft Town. League One. 2021/2022.

Table - We survived, that's the important thing, we were doing quite well until Christmas and then it kind of fell apart, but we won just enough games in the final seven or eight games to get enough points to beat the drop.

Squad

Aradavan Dobinson YP1 played a few times, was rubbish, will be released.

Glen Franks YP4 was solid, nothing special.

Ollie Driver YP5 again, solid but nothing special, didn't get as much goals as I had hoped.

Christian Frew YP6 solid enough, chipped in with some goals and assists.

Kenny Stockwell YP7 recurring them here, solid but nothing special.

Luke Southgate YP9 hardly played, will be sent out on loan next season.

Ollie Hooper YP10 impressed with this kid, I have a feeling he'll be vital for us for years to come.

Finances

Proof I'm not cheating

Code:
    Year   Season   League   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
      1    2012/13    BSS         9th         18      9       15     50       45     +5    63
      2    2013/14    BSS         4th         23     10        9     59       37     +22   79
      3    2014/15    BSS         3rd         20     16        9     50       40     +10   76
      4    2015/16    BSS         1st         21     17        4     64       37     +27   80
      5    2016/17    BSP        10th         15     18       13     55       45     +10   63
      6    2017/18    BSP        17th         14     14       14     45       57     -12   56
      7    2018/19    BSP         1st         24     17        5     67       42     +25   89
      8    2019/20	   L2         5th         22     10       14     59       49     +10   76
      9    2020/21     L2         1st         23     19        4     59       36     +23   88
     10    2021/22     L1        19th         11     18       17     51       60     -9    51

Amateur

Congratz Hawker, very nice result

Meanwhile i'm finally getting ready to have another go, just need to find a good tactic now.

Reserves

Drew- Amazing that you survived league 1. Some great prospects coming through and I think you can build on this next season.

oh, and 1000 posts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast