+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Reserves

Just had my youth facilities improved they are now basic. phewey! cost 650k!

Part-Timer

Hey. After completing Dafuge's challenge with FC United last night ive decided to start this challenge. Just holidaying now and then will decide which team to be. Cant Wait

Semi Pro

First youth intake of BSP has brought me a English Liberian who has the potential to be a leading league 1 player boom!! According to my scouts sobill take that with a pinch of Salt also got 3 internationals now for luxembourg Canada and anguillia

Jus finished demolishing grimsby 4-0 now sitting in 13th after 38 games 10 points from play offs it will be done
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 27-03-2012 at 17:58.

Amateur

Hendon 2014/15 Mid-Season report

After a shaky start, we have well and truly established ourselves in the divisions, and a play-off place may not be out of our reach. I also made it out of the 2nd quali round of the FA Cup for the first time, but didn't make it to the 1st Round proper, and our FA Trophy run ended abruptly too.

Our junior coaching budget has been increased too, which is vital as we do not own our youth facilities, and if we stay up, I'll be looking at rectifying that.

It is worth noting that, compared to Carshalton, Hendon are much more consistent and predictable. We have had one problem player however, but he has been dealt with. More details in my end of season report!

Amateur

FC United of Manchester: Season 3 - 2014/2015

The 'Surprise Package' Season

Seasons: 1 | 2

Season round-up:

League: BSN
    League Position: 5th (Play-Offs Winner)
    FA Cup: 3rd Rnd Q
    FA Trophy: 3rd Rnd Q
    Top Goalscorer: Fowler (19)
    Top Assists: Fowler (13)
    Star Man: Fowler

Transferes

Fixtures:
    P1
    P2

Squad

Wow. We got promotion!

Over the summer the main focus was staff. I employed two new staff members to help my players develop. I appointed Alan Connell and Chris Cleaver due to their coaching Att/Def stats. The main ambition for the season was to push towards the top half. I was very disappointed that we only just beat our first season total of 50 points.

A win on the opening day vindicated my decision to stick with the 4-3-3 formation. Although its only a game, you could really see the squad maturing. We lost one game in August and we sat mid table. I switched between the 4-3-3 and a very attacking 4-5-1 where I played a very high line and a very high tempo. It worked and the players responded to it. September was like August, and we kept picking up points and wins, gone was the inconstancy of Season 1 and 2. Despite the embarrassing defeat to Kendal in the FA Cup, after 14 games we sat in 5th and very much in the mix.

In November we were knocked out of the FA Trophy, another season without a cup run. To coincide with this slipped down the table and we started to flirt with mid-table obscurity. We sat in the top 10 at the turn of the year and a few tweaks to tactics saw a fantastic run. We were undefeated in January and despite a small blip at the start of February we climbed the table. Undefeated in March we looked ahead. I knew if we got one or two regens in March that could make an impact we could certainly make a surge towards the play-offs.

March saw us fall and it looked like the young squad would falter. A 4-1 victory over Lowestoft and a draw vs Harrogate saw us going into the final day of the season with a chance of a play off sport. Solihull Moors were a point ahead of us and a point off the final play off spot. A 3-2 victory, and a little bit of luck, saw us clinch the final play-off spot.

Halifax finished 2nd in the table and I wasn't hopeful of a win. We got quite lucky. We equalized in the 92nd minute in the home leg and managed to scrape a 1-1 draw at The Shay, again with a late draw. We entreated extra time and scored in the 108th minute. The two late goal scores in both kegs were players who had regen'd only two months earlier.

The final was just like the semi's. Smash it and grab it. Barrow are a team I hate playing. However, we somehow managed to take them to extra time and in the final minute of extra time Mal Neale scored to take FC United into the Blue Square Prem.

Youth Intake

I seem to be getting some really good youth players. Three of the last crop has PA's apparently good enough to grace L2. It was my first season after updating Junior Coaching to 'Good'

YP03's

Frank Smith | Report

Mal Neale | Report

Ray Pearce | Report

Jordan Dunwell | Report

Phil Wilson | Report

Sean Pemberton | Report

YP's:

Martin Fowler: Record

Wayne Cope | Record

Lee Jarivs

Next Season:

Lets stay up!

EDIT: New stadium to be built and finished by 2017. Stadium will cost £5.25m and have 5500 seats.

Amateur

Really want to try this, but I have saves going in Scotland and Slovakia already...

Great CA on those youths Trusler. Might return with my own game...

Amateur

hey guys wow a lot has happened since i last checked in. just to let you know my hendon are going strong but i have a lot of commitments this next week and then im off on holidays for 2 weeks after that. i will try and get one season done in the next week tho. dont worry i intend to play this file till fm14

Part-Timer

Default A New Player

Right then, everything is set up and im joining in the fun!

Welcome the new manager of Chester Football Club

Wish me luck

Semi Pro

New representation at Stafford: http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...ew_Profile.png

Interestingly, they have no youth facilities, which I'm hoping will help tempt the board into doing something about it. Three games in, we're unbeaten, and just in the play-off places.

Amateur

Life only just comes before FM, although at the moment it definitely seems that way!

Part-Timer

Just got the board to agree to increase the youth recruitment to a "Basic" level. Also managed to persuade Enrico Chiesa to Chester as my new Assman.

Reserves

Trusler- Congrats on the promotion mate (a season before me ) some good youth coming through for you now and its funny that we have exactly the same stadium being built at the exact same time. (is yours called the marginson stadium?)

Hypanimz- Welcome to the challenge. well done on completing dafauges challenge and hopefully you can now do well here

Tom- Good luck with Stafford. Havent had anyone playing them so far so it should be interesting to see how you do.

Amateur

Now I'm not one to toot my own horn (I was going to say it at some point) but after a nice run, we've put a bit of distance between us and the relegation zone.

Amateur

Drew - Congrats, Foulkes does look good. And Frew looks like he's going to be great.
    Trusler - Great season! And with a few adjustments you'll be fine with BSP especially with some of the youth coming through. Very jealous.
    Conman - Keep it up. Seem to be doing well, look forward to the update!

My Youth Intake was no way near as good as I expected considering my facilities. Only one decent player, being Steve Jones, and one average guy signed just to pad out the squad. Oh well, still have a good chance of getting promoted so on with that.
    Last edited by TWFL; 27-03-2012 at 21:12.

Part-Timer

Well, pre-season was a disaster. Drew my first game 1-1 with BSP Hereford, then got smashed by Aston Villa, Aston Villa Reserves and Bolton. Decided to set up two easy wins against Venture and my U18's but i drew the first giving away a 2 goal lead and then lost 2-1 to my U18 side.. this will be challenging.

Amateur

Hypanimz, you'll have fun regardless. My side only got 5 points from the first 10-12 games. But once they got comfortable with my (lack of) style of play we've improved a lot.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Donaldoholic View Post
    Hypanimz, you'll have fun regardless. My side only got 5 points from the first 10-12 games. But once they got comfortable with my (lack of) style of play we've improved a lot.
    Im definately having fun. Played 3 league games so far, a 2-0 defeat, 1-1 draw and a 3-0 victory. Im trying to get my team to play my Champions League winning FC United formation, which is based of Barcelona.. going to play attractive football all the way

Edit: Just beat Halifax 4-0 away, My formation seems to be gelling now.
    Last edited by Hypanimz; 27-03-2012 at 21:57.

Amateur

Because surviving relegation is in the BSN/S (touch wood) only a step away from the Barclay's Prem I was wondering what the rule is for when your chairman brings in Fernando Torres (or his Grandson in 2063) for £50m?

Does one stick him in the reserves until he can be sold or play normally?

Part-Timer

I know he isnt a youth player but I still thought I would post this.

5 goal haul
    Last edited by Hypanimz; 27-03-2012 at 22:17.

Semi Pro

Carshalton Atheltic

In My view we had a good pre season beaten the likes of Bolton Barnsley and drawing with Blackpool and Birmingham. So with those results i sort of knew we had what it takes to stay up Started off great with 3 games on the bounce and looking to be heading to Npower League 2 but after couple of injurys again!!! and a thin squad i could see that we weren't quite ready for the next step up so i am extreamly pleased where we finished and this season will push us onto the the play offs next season.

Finances - looking really healthy

Transfers

League Table - Respectable finish inside the top 10
    Player Stats
    Team Stats

Youth Player intake
    (YP01)
    Gage

(YP02)
    Doe - i am hoping i will be able too keep hold of this kid for a long time signed up till 2020
    Doe Report

Key players

Nicholls - i was going to name this kid (YP1) but he wasn't as good as Gage when he came in but it just shows watch match experience does for you
    Baah - no not Demba its Super Merrick

U18s - Looking good considering the teams they have to play
    FA Cup beaten in the 1st proper round by Yeovil Disappointing this result
    FA Trophy beaten in 1st round by Salibury another dissapointing cup game

International Players

Next Season Ambitions : Play offs or better

Amateur

HENDON FC
    2014/15 Season

Blue Square South
    Media Prediction - 17th
    Finished - 18th - Table
    Top Scorer - Elliott Godfrey (13)

FA Cup
    Code:
    2nd Quali Round	Newport (Isle of Wight) 1-3 Hendon
    3rd Quali Round	Hendon 4-3 Eastleigh
    4th Quali Round	Bromley 5-2 Hendon

FA Trophy

Code:
    3rd Quali Round	Hendon 4-0 Sholing
    1st Round	Hendon 0-2 AFC Telford United
    Transfers - I'm no fackin' wheelah dealah

Final squad v Wealdstone Pt 1 - Pt 2

My first season at Hendon has come to an end, and I'm afraid to say that I'm worried it may turn out the same as Carshalton. Yes I kept them up, but our end of season form was horrendous, only one win in the last 12 games. I've ensured that I've kept most of the experienced players for next season, to keep some bulk in it. I still haven't had a proper cup run yet either, which is extremely disappointing.

I also had a minor revolt to deal with - centre midfielder Matt Daniels deciding he was bigger than the club. His contract was terminated, and he's subsequently found himself at Billericay.

Welcome to Hendon

Class of 2015

Considering the quality of the facilities, we have some good players waiting in the wings.

Matthew Reeves - ST. A 6'9 beast of a striker, but with stats more akin to a poacher. Kinda like Peter Crouch I guess! Gave him a run out in the last few games due to a lack of goals from other strikers, and seems to be a shoe-in for a starting role next season.
    Code:
    	Apps	Gls	Asts	MoM	AvRat
    14/15	7(1)	3	2	0	6.90
    Damien Foster - ST. Looks more like a target man than Reeves. If our striking problem continue, he may form ap artnership with Reeves at some point. One to watch.

Christos Alexandrou - DL. Nice to have a decent prospect in an area which has been a problem all season. Gave him a game towards the end, and didn't screw up anyway. Definitely getting more game time next season.
    Code:
    	Apps	Gls	Asts	MoM	AvRat
    14/15	1	0	0	0	6.70

Next season

After the shambles of Carshalton, I'm only aiming for safety again in 2015/16. Anything more is a bonus. Continued improvement of youth facilities would be nice, and the board have just announced the capacity is to be increased by 1000 (although we still do not own the stadium). A long term plan has to be moving into our own place. Maybe a good season next year will make that happen.
    Last edited by Conman14; 27-03-2012 at 22:50.

Amateur

Conman14 - hendon is one of the toughest teams to start with, your doing well, i got rid of most of the players that were in the team in the first season and relied on all youth and you should manage a nice mid table. im in the 18/19 season now and dominating the league. you can see my progress through this thread if your interested. chin up and good luck

Part-Timer

Season 2 is in the books and talk about going from one extreme to the other.....
    Full season review later tonight when the kid is in bed.

Just wanted to post to ask a question, although the_greyham seems to have inadvertently answered it for him in the post above.
    My main player is my FC, but he is on 575 a week (highest at the club by 200) and is entering his last year. He will renew, but not without taking a lot more from me. Have others just given in to existing players and put themselves in financial difficulties or sold them off to let the youth push through?

Currently thinking of letting him go this summer and seeing if I can get anything for him (value is 16k currently). Even if he goes on a free, it saves me 29,640 in wages for the upcoming season.

Wanting to play this as real as possible, and with the club now 20,000 in the red I want to try and keep us afloat.

Amateur

Toonbalmy - Doing well there. Doe has very good mental attributes.

Conman - Matthew Reeves looks immense. 6"9 is massive, lets hope he can become massive

Braumiller - I have a similar situation apart from my guy won't renew. He is such a key player that I would pay anything to keep him and try and do other things to keep afloat. It really comes down to how much you need him and whether you have a good replacement for him.
    Last edited by TWFL; 27-03-2012 at 23:02.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    Conman - Matthew Reeves looks immense. 6"9 is massive, lets hope he can become massive
    Yeah I'm not sure whether to convert him to a Target man or just run with being a poacher....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Conman14 View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure whether to convert him to a Target man or just run with being a poacher....
    He's got decent physical stats you just need to train up his heading. It all just depends on what suits your formation and tactic best.

Amateur

braumiller - if you dont think you have the youths to cover his position keep him other wise get rid, i have 4 players from the original squad still but only because i havent had good mc's come through, there on 200-475 per week whereas my youths are between 30-200. if you can play without him, do if he is too key keep, also in pre season run 2-3 cup friendlies against some prem/championship sides this generates around 500k

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Braumiller View Post
    Just wanted to post to ask a question, although the_greyham seems to have inadvertently answered it for him in the post above.
    My main player is my FC, but he is on 575 a week (highest at the club by 200) and is entering his last year. He will renew, but not without taking a lot more from me. Have others just given in to existing players and put themselves in financial difficulties or sold them off to let the youth push through?
    Just had the same situation with a central defender. He was on £675/week. He would renew, but as £675/week was all I could offer, he wanted all sorts. 20%/year wage rise, insane (for a BSN club) loyalty bonus, £100 appearance bonus and £150 clean sheet bonus. Oh I forgot to mention the sell on bonus and promotion wage rise of 25% !!!!

I quickly figured it would be more benficial in the long run to let him go, although we have struggled a bit so far this season ....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    Trusler- Congrats on the promotion mate (a season before me ) some good youth coming through for you now and its funny that we have exactly the same stadium being built at the exact same time. (is yours called the marginson stadium?)
    Yep, i'd rather it was called something else!

Amateur

Hardly worth staying up late for...

1st Youth Candidates

I suppose this guy may develop. Assistant says his potential is only to be a good BSS player, but my Assistant isn't too great himself. Maybe he's just jealous.

Reserves

ToonBalmy- A very good job to almost get playoffs in your first season up. some great youth coming through and I think you may even go a step further next year!

Conman- Well done on survival in the first season. Just look to improve a little each season.

Hmmm, some of my players are flat out refusing to enter contract negotiations with me, even after they've come to me asking for a new contract

Guess I'll keep them on a monthly contract at the end of the season

Amateur

After having attempted this challenge on FM07 and managing promotion to the EPL in just 35 short seasons (although I couldn't manage to stay in the EPL), and having had completed pretty much every other FM challenge, I'm thinking of taking this up again, although I will be doing it on FM11 (as I didn't get around to purchasing FM12) - let me know if this is ok.

Thanks,

Mark

Amateur

Cause and Effect...

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Blue Square Prem. 2016/2017

Table - Decent season, we never troubled the play-off places, and there was no way that we were going to get embroiled in a relegation battle, just a mid-table average side, though next season will be tough as the sides in and around me are getting better, and buying half decent players.

The Squad

Aradavan Dobinson YP1 had a decent season, I doubt he'll improve any more, so I'm hoping we get a half decent goalie in soon.

Callum Foulkes YP2 had a good season, 19 goals scored, taking him past 50 for the club, just a shame he had no decent partner up front, will be looking for him to lead the line next season.

Rob McVarish had a pretty poor season, only 6 goals scored, I'll use him as backup next season.

Glen Franks YP4 was a star at the back, and chipped in with a few goals, he will be pivotal at the back for us next season.

Ollie Driver YP5 had an okay season I guess, 9 goals from the 16 year old, I'll try and get him some more game time next season alongside Foulkes.

Christian Frew YP6 I'll try and get him as much game time next season as I can, and try and make a tactic that will suit him the best.

Finances - Pre-season money spinners help a lot during the summer.

Proof that I'm not cheating

Amateur

Cause and Effect...
    Unlucky there Donaldoholic. Tooting and Mitcham were always going to be quite hard to do it with. You should pick a new team and keep going though!

Amateur

I had a lot of injuries in the last couple of months of the season. Still no excuse for losing the last 9 games when I only needed 1 point to survive. It was still a load of fun though.

I'll start a new game tomorrow.

Amateur

I had a lot of injuries in the last couple of months of the season. Still no excuse for losing the last 9 games when I only needed 1 point to survive. It was still a load of fun though.

I'll start a new game tomorrow.
    I'm all too familiar with injuries ruining something. I'm currently on course to get promoted, or at least I was until I was hit with massive injuries to my best players. Now i'm struggling to pick up points and it looks like I've pretty much thrown the title away..

Anyway good luck with the new game. Will you start over again or continue and pick a team that comes up?

Amateur

FM11 - Truro City FC 2011/12 Season - Blue Square Bet South - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - BSS, 14th
    42 Pld, 13 Won, 14 Drn, 15 Lst, 55 For, 64 Ag, -9 GD, 53 Pts

League / Domestic Cups

Inheriting squad on the older side, I was hoping to be able to make the most of an experienced squad and maybe push for promotion in the first season, and after the first 6 games I was sitting in the playoff spots, but after that things went downhill, and by the midpoint of the season I was very close to relegation!

I managed to pick up a few wins towards the end of the season, but still finished a disappointing 14th (although the board were rapped with that result).

2012 League Table and Graph

In the domestic cups, I was knocked out of the FA Cup in the 2nd Qual Round by lower division side St Albans, however did a bit better in the FA Trophy, reaching the 2nd round before losing 3-6 to BSP side Hampton & Richmond

Star Players / Team Summary

Fan's Player of the Season - Stewart Yetton
    In a disappointing opening season, the Fan's Player of the Season was 26 year old striker Stewart Yetton, who topped the scoring for Truro with 12 goals from 31 appearances at 6.88 - not amazing reading, but it goes to show how the rest of the team performed (no-one managed to average over 7)

Best U18 Player - Royston King
    There were several U18 players who were given starts in the senior side, but one player stood out from the start of the season, and that was 17 year old central defender Royston King, who was so impressive he managed to play all 48 games for the season, and I am expecting big things from him in the future

Seasonal Best XI

Finances / Facilities

Finance wise, I obviously didn't spend any money on transfers, and was $300 per week under the wage budget, however I still managed to lose $70k - which doesn't sound like a lot, but given my sponsorship deal is only worth $7.5k / year, it's not a good start.

2012 Finances

Obviously haven't had a chance to improve the club facilities, so they currently stand as follows:

Corporate Facilities: Fairly Basic
    Training Facilities: Adequate
    Youth Facilities: Average
    Youth Recruitment: Basic

Despite never really threatening to make the playoff spots, I managed to get a lot of games into some of my U18 players (more than I would have liked, but it was more out of desperation), and hopefully this will result in an improved performance next season - only time will tell!

Amateur

I'm all too familiar with injuries ruining something. I'm currently on course to get promoted, or at least I was until I was hit with massive injuries to my best players. Now i'm struggling to pick up points and it looks like I've pretty much thrown the title away..

Anyway good luck with the new game. Will you start over again or continue and pick a team that comes up?
    I'll start a new game with only the English leagues selected. I selected way to many in this save.

I know you can remove leagues now but it feels unnatural. I'd probably keep going if a promoted team was without a manager, but I don't think that will be the case.

Good luck on getting your best players back fit and gaining promotion.

Edit: Cor blimey, that was a quick season Mark. Congratulations on staying up.

Edit 2: So long sweet prince. I would have would have followed you, my brother...my captain... my king. Shane Stockwell (YP1): Be at peace, Son of Morden (London).
    Last edited by Donaldoholic; 28-03-2012 at 13:16.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Mark! View Post
    Best U18 Player - Royston King
    There were several U18 players who were given starts in the senior side, but one player stood out from the start of the season, and that was 17 year old central defender Royston King, who was so impressive he managed to play all 48 games for the season, and I am expecting big things from him in the future
    This guy looks like an absolute beast! Should be a 1st team player next season for certain. Well done on 14th place and i'm sure with the youth intake you will do better next time round!

Youth Intake

Kenny Stockwell YP7 looks decent, should provide back-up next season.

Tara Tomlinson YP8 again looks decent, will provide competition next season.

Great, my defenders are turning into *****, opposition players are able to slip the ball through my centre backs like a hot knife through butter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drew the Cookie Eater View Post
    Great, my defenders are turning into *****, opposition players are able to slip the ball through my centre backs like a hot knife through butter
    I think I hold the record for most goals conceded in a game, my 8 - 0 loss to Luton

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    I think I hold the record for most goals conceded in a game, my 8 - 0 loss to Luton
    I have an 8-0 defeat as well

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drew the Cookie Eater View Post
    I have an 8-0 defeat as well
    I stand corrected

Managed to get our Junior Coaching up to Exceptional, which will cost us I'm guessing close to £100k a month to run.

We need to get promoted ASAP, or produce a real gem to sell for £££ or we'll be a bit screwed.

Reserves

Donald- Damn thats unlucky. You only needed 1 point in the last nine games! hope to see you back with another challenging team as I think you can keep them up

Drew- A solid midtable finish is very good. I think you can make the playoffs next season

Mark- well done keeping Truro up. With you playing fm11 your game will be a bit different (no youth intake, team meetings ect.) but I am still happy for you to post updates

TM- Our first football league player! I love the video update and I think you should keep doing it but could you still at least include the screenshots required in the OP

Guys, It would be really helpful if you could include a 'code' with your progress from each season in updates. This makes it easier for me to give relevant replies because I sometimes forget how someone did in their previous seasons!

Banned

TM- Our first football league player! I love the video update and I think you should keep doing it but could you still at least include the screenshots required in the OP

Guys, It would be really helpful if you could include a 'code' with your progress from each season in updates. This makes it easier for me to give relevant replies because I sometimes forget how someone did in their previous seasons!
    Glad you liked it, I already uploaded the screenshots, so I will add those in soon and I will add a code in

Reserves

Glad you liked it, I already uploaded the screenshots, so I will add those in soon and I will add a code in
    Thankyou

Amateur

I desperately need a goal scorer!

While my defenders (after a rocky start) are doing their bit by only conceding 27 in 21 games (all competitions), and only 3 in the last 5 games. My players between them have only scored 10 goals in those 21 games!

Amateur

TM congrats but you're not the only one! I am going to be joining you in the Football League! Carshalton have just won promotion to the League 2. We almost threw it away but it's been done and we're up!

I'll post a full update later.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Braumiller View Post
    Season 2 is in the books and talk about going from one extreme to the other.....
    Full season review later tonight when the kid is in bed.

Currently thinking of letting him go this summer and seeing if I can get anything for him (value is 16k currently). Even if he goes on a free, it saves me 29,640 in wages for the upcoming season.

Wanting to play this as real as possible, and with the club now 20,000 in the red I want to try and keep us afloat.
    Well last night got away from me, so my season 2 update will be tonight now.
    I was able to play a couple of games at the start of season 3 in between other things and have an odd feeling.
    A much slower start to the season compared to the lightening starts the first two years, but it feels like it has more substance to it.

Youth is out in full force. Of the 10 youths I have tagged so far (5 from each of my two intakes) 8 started one match and the other 2 were on the bench.
    Wage bill is down from around 2,800 pw to 1,782 pw.
    If I managed to develop a couple of DMs or MCs here this year, there is another 600-900 pw I could clear from the books in expiring contracts

Ended up letting my main FC Malson go. Didn't receive a fee for him, but I have a clause for 35% of his next transfer. He went to League 2 football, so hoping he shines and gets a big money move

Banned

TM congrats but you're not the only one! I am going to be joining you in the Football League! Carshalton have just won promotion to the League 2. We almost threw it away but it's been done and we're up!

I'll post a full update later.
    Congratulations TWFL Good to see we are all making progress

Part-Timer

I want to try this challenge but I have 2 questions:
    1) Did someone have problems with contracts in future years? For example, year 2014, 5 players don't want to sign new contracts and you have only 16-18 players for the new season (and with such things as injuries - this situation sucks...)
    2) Is this Game Status OK? I really like to see the development of football in FM, so that's why I chose so many leagues.

Banned

End Of Season Report - Chester - Season 2014/2015

Please Note: I have decided to add a little bit extra to my updates now with "Video's & Commentary". I will still have screenshots available as requested, but all the detail will go into the video as I feel that reading reports can sometimes be boring for people, unless you like reading!

For best results, view in 720p HD and Full Screen

Important Images

Blue Square Bet Premier Table

Transfers

Finances

Chester Squad

Youth Intake Images

Youth Intake 2014/2015

Gary Beckford YP01

Manuele De Petrillo YP02

Rod Delfouneso YP03

Kyle Pope YP04

Christian Walsh YP05

Ciaran Wood YP06

Season Verdict: A brilliant season that has seen us get promoted to League 2! Very pleased with the squad this season and over the moon with this seasons youth intake, with 4 players who I think will definately make the grade! Next season will be extremely difficult, but hopefully this squad i've been assembling will become better as the season goes along.

Code:
    Season      Division   Position   Achievement

2012/2013   BSN        2nd        Promotion Via Playoffs
    2013/2014   BSP        13th       Mid-Table
    2014/2015   BSP        4th        Promotion Via Playoffs
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 28-03-2012 at 17:16.

Part-Timer

TM - Love the video & Commentary . Fantastic Season getting in L2 and a great intake.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    TM - Love the video & Commentary . Fantastic Season getting in L2 and a great intake.
    Thanks Was a close shave to reach the play-offs, but so thankfull we only had to play Braintree to make it! TWFL also made it to L2

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Blue Square Prem. 2017/2018

Table - Pretty crap season tbh, especially after last season, we couldn't score to save our life, and we let in goals like it was no tomorrow, I definitely need to come up with a half decent tactic over the summer if we are to improve next season.

Squad

Aradavan Dobinson YP1 average season from the keeper, and with no half decent replacement from the youth intake, he'll continue in goal next season.

Callum Foulkes YP2 not as good as previous seasons, but still managed to get into double figures.

Rob McVarish YP3 another average season, seeing as I'll only go one up front next season, I might get rid.

Glen Franks YP4 solid at the back, and scored a few, same next season please.

Ollie Driver YP5 decent enough, and still has plenty of room and time to improve.

Christian Frew YP6 decent enough for a debut season, will play a bigger role next season though.

Kenny Stockwell played okay in the games he was given, will try and get him more next season.

Finances

Proof that I don't cheat

Banned

Unlucky Drew Hopefully you can pick it up again next season and suprise us

Reserves

Drew- You are definately wizzing through the seasons! After an average year, hopefully you can improve on it next season (could you include code please)

Reserves

Just had my first interest in one of my youth players. safe to say I rejected it.

Amateur

Season 2016/17 - Carshalton Athletic

Promotion!

League Table - Another great season resulting in back to back promotions to League 2! I started off with a counter tactic which I quickly changed due to a string of bad results and I never really looked back. I changed it to an attacking tactic which I think caught all the other teams in the league out and, as you can see, we scored.. lots. We ended up playing the I-can-score-one-more-than-you tactic, we had quite a few 4-3 finishes to games. We almost threw the title away with it going down to the last game of the season where we won and Cambridge lost meaning we were Champions!

Finances- Not doing as well this season, mainly because of the Junior Coaching but also the upgrade in youth facilities. But we should go professionall now we are in the Football League.

Squad - Here are the magic men..

Youth Players - Anthony Freeman YP02: What a player this guy is. He got top scorer in the BSP this season and has just signed a new deal which is great because if we survive next season it will be mainly because of him

Ross Hale YP03: Could not stop setting up goals. And I'm hoping he can continue it on a higher stage.

Jamie Humphrey YP04: Did alright. Can't blame all the conceded goals on him as we have pretty poor defence.

Calvin Coddingtown YP05: Didn't play many games and is not happy. I am considering cashing in on him as when he has played he hasn't played well.

Josh Brazier YP06: Played 2nd violin to Freeman but nonetheless he's a good player but he didn't hit the target as much as I'd have thought/liked him to.

Ibrahim Tran YP07: Playing well in the Centre of midfield. Hopefully he can kick on at a higher level.

Youth Intake: Very poor as I said earlier so I am trying to improve the Youth Recruitment to see if that will affect the intake more.

Transfers: Not Guilty, y'Honour.

Next Season: Hopefully with the new Professional Status we can push on and start to see some real changes in the younger players. I'd also quite like to not get relegated but we'll see about that.

Code:
    Season             League          Position  
    12/13         BSS        18th    
    13/14         BSS        15th
    14/15         BSS        11th
    15/16         BSS        5th - Promoted
    16/17         BSP        1st - Promoted
    Last edited by TWFL; 28-03-2012 at 21:07.

Reserves

TWFL- Congrats on the back to back promotions! I cant quite believe how you managed it but you did and it was amazing. I'm looking forward to your first season in L2

Banned

TWFL, fantastic stuff to gain promotion in your first season in the BSP! It makes you wonder how you spent 4 seasons in the BSS Freeman is just an absolute beast! Welcome to League 2

News from my end in League 2, i've created a new tactic which is based around defending with 4 across the back, 2 DM's, a RM & LM and 2 strikers. Basically i'm relying a lot on the 2 strikers to produce magic as the rest of the players are fairly defensive, with the RM and LM looking for early crosses rather than running with the ball too much. I've also got the team attempting short passing and at times it is similar to that of the Barcelona tactics on the forum Eventually I do want to create an attacking tactic with Barcelona style play, but at the moment we aren't good enough for that.

Here are a few results under the tactic in League 2...

L2: Chester 2 - 2 Port Vale - Came from 2 - 0 down back to 2 - 2 with a fantastic display from Beckford with a brace.

LC: Huddersfield 2 - 0 Chester - We were never going to win this one, they are a top Championship side! Kept the score respectable.

L2: Bradford 1 - 0 Chester - Gave this a real go, but Bradford are a top team in League 2.

L2: Chester 2 - 0 Cheltenham - I expected us to get something from this match and we delivered! Walsh and Beckford with the goals.

L2: Shrewsbury 3 - 4 Chester - This was an insane match and our defending was better than it appears on the scoreline! Shrewsbury are good at attacking, but it seems we are better and Pope came on at half time to score within a minute of being on the pitch and possibly one of the goals of the season! Beckford scored a brace and the other was an own goal which I felt Beckford got a touch to. Fantastic match

Amateur

Hendon 2015/16 mid-season report

Much of the same as last season really. Our record is solid if unspectacular, but at the halfway point we do have an 11 point cushion over the bottom three, and I do think the current bottom three are worse off than us, so safety should be achievable again.

Our cup runs however have been much better, and in the end of season report, you shall see what I mean. I'm building it up now...

Amateur

TWFL, fantastic stuff to gain promotion in your first season in the BSP! It makes you wonder how you spent 4 seasons in the BSS Freeman is just an absolute beast! Welcome to League 2

News from my end in League 2, i've created a new tactic which is based around defending with 4 across the back, 2 DM's, a RM & LM and 2 strikers. Basically i'm relying a lot on the 2 strikers to produce magic as the rest of the players are fairly defensive, with the RM and LM looking for early crosses rather than running with the ball too much. I've also got the team attempting short passing and at times it is similar to that of the Barcelona tactics on the forum Eventually I do want to create an attacking tactic with Barcelona style play, but at the moment we aren't good enough for that.

Here are a few results under the tactic in League 2...

L2: Chester 2 - 2 Port Vale - Came from 2 - 0 down back to 2 - 2 with a fantastic display from Beckford with a brace.

LC: Huddersfield 2 - 0 Chester - We were never going to win this one, they are a top Championship side! Kept the score respectable.

L2: Bradford 1 - 0 Chester - Gave this a real go, but Bradford are a top team in League 2.

L2: Chester 2 - 0 Cheltenham - I expected us to get something from this match and we delivered! Walsh and Beckford with the goals.

L2: Shrewsbury 3 - 4 Chester - This was an insane match and our defending was better than it appears on the scoreline! Shrewsbury are good at attacking, but it seems we are better and Pope came on at half time to score within a minute of being on the pitch and possibly one of the goals of the season! Beckford scored a brace and the other was an own goal which I felt Beckford got a touch to. Fantastic match
    Haha I was amazed myself! It was all down to going for it and trying to score as many as possible which seemed to work like a charm

I'm not quite sure what to do in League 2. Whether to go for it like I did in BSP or go safe and do what your doing which seems to be working well so far..

Banned

Haha I was amazed myself! It was all down to going for it and trying to score as many as possible which seemed to work like a charm

I'm not quite sure what to do in League 2. Whether to go for it like I did in BSP or go safe and do what your doing which seems to be working well so far..
    Looks like it definately worked for you

I did try go for it aswell in BSP and it worked to a certain extent, especially in the play-offs. Like I said though, I think League 2 is going to be so much harder and a more cautious approach is probably needed and with players like Beckford and Pope up front, I think we have a chance to do well.

Amateur

My prayers have been answered!

Just got my youth intake for Northwich, and the 2 positions I needed players for most have produced!

In fact, I think this is the best ever youth intake I've ever had!

Screen shot coming up at the end of the season.

Amateur

I just discovered the hard way how cautious and defensive I'm going to need to be. I just lost 5-0 to Gillingham, who are in League 2, in a Friendly Match. Panic.

EDIT: Oh big, massive panicking going on here now. Ipswich have just made a £500,000 offer for my best YP Anthony Freeman and it has been accepted because he has a release clause of 500k in his contract. Uh oh.

2nd EDIT: Panic into overdrive. He's gone. I tried sucking up to him but he accepted the contract within 24hours... So much for loyalty

The Legend that was Anthony Freeman/Me trying to get more things in HoF

He made 161 League Appearances and scored 111 league goals in a very successful career for us.
    He has made the most appearances for Carshalton out of all the YPs and it'll tough to replace him.
    He is the highest sold YP (all the others went for nada).

And this is the guy that'll try and replace him: Chris McLean, it's going to be a long season.
    Last edited by TWFL; 28-03-2012 at 22:46.

Banned

I just discovered the hard way how cautious and defensive I'm going to need to be. I just lost 5-0 to Gillingham, who are in League 2, in a Friendly Match. Panic.

EDIT: Oh big, massive panicking going on here now. Ipswich have just made a £500,000 offer for my best YP Anthony Freeman and it has been accepted because he has a release clause of 500k in his contract. Uh oh.

2nd EDIT: Panic into overdrive. He's gone. I tried sucking up to him but he accepted the contract within 24hours... So much for loyalty
    Thats what we have to look forward to as we move through the leagues unfortunately

Being cautious just allowed me to steal a 1 - 1 draw against Bury! We had 2 shots to their 22 shots! It was a Kyle Pope YP04 winner as a super sub again

Amateur

Thats what we have to look forward to as we move through the leagues unfortunately

Being cautious just allowed me to steal a 1 - 1 draw against Bury! We had 2 shots to their 22 shots! It was a Kyle Pope YP04 winner as a super sub again
    I'm expecting/hoping for a lot of those sort of games. As long as I don't get smashed I'll be happy

Amateur

This is not good. My buffer to the relegation zone is down to 3 points, no win in 7. No tactics seem to work...

Amateur

Ho-hum.... Here we go. My keeper has just been sent off after a bad decision by the ref. After I lay into the ref during the post match press conference, the FA remain silent, because the TV replay shows the ref got it wrong, so I appeal.

However, the appeal hasn't been heard at all (bug?), so it's a moot point if the red card is rescinded or not, as it would only be a 1 match ban anyway.

Amateur

20 games into my first season in the BSP and all i''ll say is this:

Semi Pro

Big fRiemdly result I beat birmingham 4-1

Amateur

HENDON FC
    2015/16 Season

Blue Square South
    Media Prediction - 18th
    Finished - 19th - Table
    Top Scorer - Matthew Reeves (12)

FA Cup
    Code:
    2nd Quali Round		Hendon 4-2 Hemel Hempstead Town
    3rd Quali Round		Hendon 0-0 Rushall Olympic
    3rd Quali Round Replay	Rushall Olympic 1-2 Hendon
    4th Quali Round		Hendon 1-1 St Albans City
    4th Quali Round Replay	St Albans City 0-2 Hendon
    1st Round		Hendon 1-4 MK Dons

FA Trophy

Code:
    3rd Quali Round		Bridgwater Town 0-4 Hendon
    1st Round		Eastleigh 1-1 Hendon
    1st Round Replay	Hendon 3-3 Eastleigh aet (Hendon win 4-3 on penalties)
    2nd Round		Hendon 0-4 Sutton United
    Transfers - I'm no fackin' wheelah dealah

Final squad v Woking Pt 1 - Pt 2

Well. What a season. A season that has been blighted by a frought ending, near misses, and a final day escape. We went into the final match against Woking (6th) in the relegation zone, with the very real prospect of winning and being relegated, or drawing and staying up. It all depended on results for Truro and St Albans. The match was a nail-biter to say the least! Luckily for us, St Albans lost to Boreham Wood, so they went down on goal difference. Phew!

The season featured our best run in the cup since I took up the challenge, managing to reach the FA Cup proper to meet MK Dons at home. They outplayed us though, with our only shot on goal being our consolation. I do feel we should have at least run them closer, considering the Met Police somehow managed to reach Round 2 and subsequently take Derby to a replay! The cup run did boost the coffers though.

One sad note however. Our top scorer last season, Elliott Godfrey, tore a hamstring in pre-season, which put him out for 3 months. Three games into his comeback, he broke his leg, and that was him out for the season, and taking into account his age, it seems his best days are over. If he takes a pay cut, I may keep him, but it seems that it will be farewell to a loyal servant of 127 games.

The Youth Prospects

Matthew Reeves - Our top scorer this season. Still not the finished article, and did well to reach double figures considering the state of the team. A double hernia in mid-season set him back however, but came back to help the club fight off relegation. Undisputed starter for much of the season, and hopefully next season brings further success.
    Code:
    	Apps	Gls	Asts	MoM	AvRat
    14/15	7(1)	3	2	0	6.90
    15/16	32(1)	12	4	1	6.70
    Damien Foster - Disappointing. Given plenty of time to shine due to Reeves' injury, and I definitely expected a better return than a 9% SOT ratio. Will have to step up his game for next season.
    Code:
    	Apps	Gls	Asts	MoM	AvRat
    15/16	5(4)	0	0	0	6.36
    Christos Alexandrou - Again expected more, and mainly played due to inconsistent form of our first choice left back. Hopefully the game time this season will have done him good.
    Code:
    	Apps	Gls	Asts	MoM	AvRat
    14/15	1	0	0	0	6.70
    15/16	19	0	1	0	6.54
    One more player from the Class of 2015 was given a chance to shine this season, again due to injury. Danny Pape ably stepped into centre back at the sharp end of the season, and provides welcome back-up to the centre back position.

Welcome to Hendon

Class of 2016

Once again, a solid crop of youngsters, and more players to fill positions with no depth too.

Sergio Mario - DM. Already decent CA, and a high PA. Filled in for a few games due to an injury for Herbert, and after a shaky start, settled into the role well. Expect him to challenge for the first team next season.
    Code:
    	Apps	Gls	Asts	MoM	AvRat
    15/16	5(1)	0	0	0	6.67
    Harry Barrett - GK. Finally a good young goalkeeper! Hopefully he develops well and can fill into a position where we are pretty much confined to one player that's prone to errors.

Progress

Code:
    Carshalton

Season	League	Pos	W	D	L	GF	GA	GD	Pts
    12/13	BSS	14	13	12	17	58	69	-11	51
    13/14	BSS	22	5	11	26	41	79	-38	26

Hendon

Season	League	Pos	W	D	L	GF	GA	GD	Pts
    14/15	BSS	18	15	7	20	51	63	-12	52
    15/16	BSS	19	10	12	20	47	65	-18	42
    Next season
    Hopefully we can stabilise further, and maybe secure safety a bit sooner than this season! More cup runs would be nice too to boost the coffers before our planned new stadium is built. Then who knows what the future will hold for Hendon!
    Last edited by Conman14; 29-03-2012 at 12:34.

Part-Timer

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 2013-14

Goals For The Season Were

* Sticking to the 4 year per division game plan, solidify the club with a mid table finish (9th - 14th). (Very Close)
    * Develop the youths. (Achieved)
    * Reduce the wage bill further, by letting fringe players contracts run out and promoting up youth. (Achieved)
    * Operate on a profit (Close, but no)
    * Win a cup game! (Yes!)

I had originally started to write that this season was a rollercoaster, but that would imply multiple ups and downs. No, this was more a climb up a mountain and then a full tumble all the way down the other side!

A final league position of 15th, just falling short of my own 9th-14th target was in reality not a bad season for a squad that the media had predicted a 20th place finish for.
    The feeling of opportunity lost though was strong due to the fantastic opening months of the season and our first mini cup run.

As you can see from the chart below, the first 15-18 games had the relegation favorites challenging for the top spot and for a run of 3 weeks the top 3 teams were tied on points.
    During this time we also made our way through the first 3 qualifying rounds of the FA Cup to make an appearance in the 1st round proper, where we had a home tie against non league Colwyn Bay. Hopes were high of progressing, but a disappointing 0-0 draw against a determined 10 men meant a replay. A very disappointing 4-1 defeat crushed us and an FA Trophy elimination in our next game started a death spiral that was hard to pull out of.

The squad was still relatively thin and a horrendous injury list mounted, ruling out a change in personnel, so multiple tactical tweaks were attempted to halt the slide.
    1 win between late November and the penultimate game of the season saw us slide as far as we possibly could. Thankfully due tot he great start this was not into any real relegation dogfight, but the threat began to loom.

Finally the slide began to ease, with 5 draws on the bounce and then a resounding 4-0 win on the last but one game of the season gave everyone, including the manager a lift.
    One of the new youth intake officially announced his arrival with a hat-trick in this game (Geoff Pritchett YP 2b) and set in motion the eventual departure of our incumbent FC who was listed as a Favored Personnel on our club information page.

The upside to the season was the continued emergence of the first seasons youth intake and the injection of attacking options that our new intake provided.

Below are the stats for this past season.

Jake Jordon played well, as his YP 1a tag would hope for, although he was harassed by injuries all season. For me, the most pleasing development was from Callum Moore, who I had tagged as the 5th most promising 1st season intake (with tag YP 1e) as he was a very steady and constant presence at left back.
    Three of the newly tagged youth intake failed to make first team appearances in the short period of time since they arrived, but they are all looking to get a lot of action in the next season due to letting established, high wage contracts expire.

(My YP tagging shows the year they appeared [the number] and the ranking I gave them in order of how well they would do [the letter]. So YP 1a arrived in season 1 and was that years best prospect. YP 2d arrived in season 2 and was our 4th best prospect)
    Code:
    ===============================================================================================

Season 2 - 2013/14   -   Ordered by average rating

Youth Name       YP Tag   Position  Apperances   Goals   Assists  MOMs   Yel   Red  Avg Rating
    Geoff Pritchett    2b       FC         8           4        1       1     3     0      7.13
    Jake Jordon        1a       AMLC      32 (1)       7       11       3     5     0      6.89
    Callum Moore       1e       DL        43           0        1       1     7     0      6.84
    Paul Brown         1c       DR        31 (2)       0        3       4     0     0      6.78
    Rob Neal           1b       AMR       37           3        5       2     3     0      6.72
    Martin Richards    1d       AMC       23 (15)      6        2       1     2     0      6.68
    Charles Robinson   2a       FC         5 (2)       0        0       0     2     0      6.47
    Dominic Michie     2c       AML        0           0        0       0     0     0      0.00
    Mark Keddie        2d       DC         0           0        0       0     0     0      0.00
    Steven Brown       2e       DMC        0           0        0       0     0     0      0.00

===============================================================================================

Year by Year Progress
    Code:
    Year   Season   League   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
      1    2012/13    BSS         13th        17      5       20     70       78     -8    56
      2    2013/14    BSS         15th        13     13       16     51       49     +2    52

Season 3 (2014/15) Goals
    * Challenge for promotion (2nd-8th)
    * Reduce wage bill (currently 2800 pw)
    * Develop more youth into first team players
    * Operate in the black
    * Win a game in January! (sadly in both season so far I have yet to win a game in January)

Oh, and season 2's transfer proof!
    Last edited by Braumiller; 30-03-2012 at 13:58.

Reserves

TWFL- The only other thing Freeman could get in for is most paid for a youth player, but I expect that others will overtake that so I'm not going to put it up yet. Save the screenshot incase though

Conman- A great update and a good last day in staying up. Could you put a code in for your seasonal progress please? also, what tactic are you using, just interested

Braumiller- Another solid midtable and it puts you in a good position to push for the playoffs.

Youth Intake

Few decent players, standout was Tony Ennis, should prove to be vital next season in shoring up our defence and breaking up play.

Amateur

2013-2014 Bury Town Quick Midseason Update

League Table - Challenging for a promotion spot, its been a pretty good year only having one loss up this point. We have to play a bit better to avoid having as many draws though.

Cups - We had a decent run in the FA cup against some easy teams before getting unceremoniously wrecked by the League 1 side Rotherham. It was the third straight year for Bury Town to get knocked in the Round 1 Proper, second year with me in charge. We'll soon face BSP side Stockport in FA trophy 2nd round, and hopefully we can make it a good game

Squad Status - For our squad, its been more of a collective effort as our leading goal scorer is our right winger, whose finally figured out how to use his speed to grab 13 goals. Unfortunately, Sam Reed, our main man from last year, had a huge drop in attributes from his broken leg and hes gone from a 5 star to a 2 star player in 6 months. Bailey Donaldson YP01 didn't drop as much as he only dropped from 4 1/2 to 3 1/2 silver stars, but hes been passed up as the most promising youth as three different youngsters from the same year have risen from 1 silver star to 3.5-4 silver stars after solid performances filling in for the backline

Amateur

After many hours of reloading I've decided to take over Margate.

Hopefully I can keep this side up. I'll start playing later on today.

Part-Timer

Drew the Cookie Eater - Decent intake. Tony Ennis looks very good already and I find they are the type of players needed to keep things tight at this level.

slich - Great first half of the season. Thin line sometimes between draws turning to wins or losses and it can be suprising how the draws can be key to how a season ends up.

Donaldoholic - Good luck with Margate. Should be a decent test as one of the harder teams so far. Nice to see different teams.

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Blue Square Prem. 2018/2019.

Table - POW! Never thought this would happen, after last years poor season, I would have been pleased to have finished in the top half of the table let alone win the bloomin' thing, only concern I have for next season is that although the potential of the squad is there, the current ability of the players might not be good enough to stay up, but only time will tell.

Squad

Aradavan Dobinson YP1 had an okay season, as you can tell from the 3* I don't think he'll be good enough for League Two, although I do have a good enough backup in Bentley.

Callum Foulkes YP2 had a fantastic season, 20 goals in all competitions, although he isn't the best technically, his physical and mental attributes make him a very hard player to play against, which causes all kinds of problems for the opposition.

Rob McVarish YP3 had an awful season, I will release him in the summer as I have decent backups.

Glen Franks YP4 had a solid season at the back, and I will look to him to do more of the same next season.

Ollie Driver YP5 a fantastic season from the youngster, getting into double figures for the season, he's just torn his calf muscle so I won't have him back until January at the latest, massive blow for us.

Christian Frew YP6 pulled the strings in the middle of the park, playing behind Foulkes or Driver, scored a few goals, and will look to do the same in League Two.

Kenny Stockwell YP7 had a decent season, may not have the best stats, but his physical stats were vital for us this season.

Tony Ennis YP8 played well in the games he was given, and is now a Ireland U19 international we seem to have a few internationals now, with a Greek and Turk.

Finances - Junior Coaching is costing us £100k a month, although money spinning friendlies should sort this out for a while.

Proof I'm not cheating

Code:
    Year   Season   League   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
      1    2012/13    BSS         9th         18      9       15     50       45     +5    63
      2    2013/14    BSS         4th         23     10        9     59       37     +22   79
      3    2014/15    BSS         3rd         20     16        9     50       40     +10   76
      4    2015/16    BSS         1st         21     17        4     64       37     +27   80
      5    2016/17    BSP        10th         15     18       13     55       45     +10   63
      6    2017/18    BSP        17th         14     14       14     45       57     -12   56
      7    2018/19    BSP         1st         24     17        5     67       42     +25   89
    I have a feeling we'll get mullered next season

Amateur

Conman- A great update and a good last day in staying up. Could you put a code in for your seasonal progress please? also, what tactic are you using, just interested
    Done

Also, using a basic 4-4-2 playing the ball pretty direct. Tactics in the lower leagues have never been my thing on FM though, hence the struggles in S2 with both Hendon and Carshalton!

Amateur

Northwich Victoria - 2015/16

Basically, a disaster ....

The season started badly, with only 1 point from our first 8 games, that being a 0-0 draw at home to Workington. Things did improve a bit however, as we managed to get 10 points from the next 4 games, before resuming our losing streak once again. Only 6 points from our next 11 games left us deep in trouble in the relegation zone, with only 17 points from the first 23 games, and only 14 goals to our name (and 1 of those was an own goal)!

With that in mind, I ditched my favoured 4-1-2-1-2 tactic, and went with a 4-3-3 instead, as we were losing out in midfield, my idea being to have an extra man there to solidify the center of the pitch. It worked to a certain extent, as we saved ourselves from relegation with 4 games to go. in the last 19 games, we managed to pick up 24 points, but still only scored another 18 goals. It's not as if the team was afraid to have a go at goal either, as most games, attempts at goal reached double figures. Unfortunately, attempts on target was a lot less ....

In the end, we finished 18th, with a grand total of 41 points, although if the team had kicked on a bit in the last 4 games after we achieved safety, we could have finished another 2 or 3 places higher.

In the FA Cup, we lost to Marine 1-0 in Q2 and also went out of the FAT in Q3 to Altringham, again a 1-0 defeat.

Code:
    Season          P    W    D     L     GF    GA    GD    Points   Pos.     Notes
    2012/13         42   20   12    10    65    34    +31     72     6th      Not a bad first season.
    2013/14         42   21   9     12    49    30    +19     72     5th      Lost in playoff semi.
    2014/15         42   19   8     15    48    45    +3      65     7th      2 points shy of playoffs
    2015/16         42   11   8     23    32    58    -26     41     18th     Disastrous season!

Transfers - I'm clean!

Youth players

Due to a retirement and 3 others leaving on frees, plus my keeper moving to Darlington, I was forced to chuck several players in at the deep end at the start of the season. While the struggled in the first half of the season, they got better, and some of them now are listed (by my coaches) as Good BSN players, so there is hope yet. (Quick summary below of how my youth players got on in the first team.) There was 3 or 4 other youth players involved, but there only got the odd game here and there.

Code:
    Name                     Position     Games Conceded  Goals  Assists  MoM  Red  Yellow   Av. Rating
    Bradley Power YP02-2     GK           42       56       -       -      0    1      0        6.56
    Frank Lenders YP02-1     D C          32(6)     -       0       0      2    0      6        6.69
    Ben Ryan YP01            M C          42(1)     -       0       3      0    0      5        6.63
    William Pratt YP03       M C          7(18)     -       1       2      0    0      2        6.64
    Ahmet Ozturk             ST           8(10)     -       2       0      1    0      0        6.59
    Les Beck YP04-1          ST           4         -       0       0      0    0      0        6.68

Youth Intake

Holy mackeral batman!!!! Probably the best intake I've ever had! 2 players got the YP tag this year, Les Beck (report card) and Stephen Haddow (report card), as they were both listed as potentially good League 2 players. Les went into the first team for the final 4 games of the season, just to get him used to first team football.

QUick edit :: 12 months on from winning the group 12 title, my under 18s carry that form through to this season, and win the group 11 title
    Last edited by Avramski; 29-03-2012 at 13:29.

£400k in the red now

We need to start producing some real quality, otherwise we might be a bit screwed, I'm surprised no-one has come in for any of my youngsters yet

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester 2012/2013

Pre-Season

Count me in! Just had my pre-season campaign with some poor news - 2 first team players ended up with a 7-8 weeks injury. The highlight of pre-season was the game against the Marines with a fluke goal and a 12-minute hat-trick from our substitute striker. Highlights here.

Manager Profile
    Manager Info
    Season Boardroom priorities
    Season Expectations
    General Info
    Facilities
    Finances
    First Team Squad
    Transfers

Ray Soule - Assistant Manager
    Adam Miller - Coach 1
    Paul Jackson - Coach 2
    Ryan Short - Coach 3
    Jeremy Dexter - Coach 4
    Ben Brown - Scout
    Mike Perry - Physio

Junior Coaching budget increased (25.07.2012)
    Training Facilities Upgrade (25.07.2012)

Amateur

Drew - Great season, congrats! It's tough in League 2 but there's more money about (I earnt a mill with Friendly Leagues and tourneys in the off season!) and being professional means better training for the youth so it's not all bad.

Avramski - Unlucky. But you have a great Youth Intake. Les Beck looks very special, make sure you tie him down to long term contract otherwise he'll walk out on you and leave you stranded like a no good son of a... Sorry I'm still bitter about Freeman. Anyway, yeah, great intake! Maybe you can push on for promotion next season?

Shevchenko - Good start there. It'll be tough but you'll enjoy it.
    Last edited by TWFL; 29-03-2012 at 14:36.

Amateur

First thing I did was tie Beck down onto a long contract. He's going nowhere! Quick side note, but Beck has the best finishing attribute out of all my strikers at the club, and I wonder why the team has been goal shy

Reserves

Drew- Congrats on the rather unexpected promotion! The step to L2 isnt as big as from the bs regionals to the BSP so I think you will stay up.

Avramski- An unlucky season but as great intake. I think it balances out and I wouldnt be surprised if you were back in the hunt for a playoff place.

Shevchenko- Welcome and good luck with FC United.

Donald- Glad you picked another challenging team and I think you can do it with Margate.

Part-Timer

Holy crap, I almost just spat water all over my work PC when my youth intake came in.....

This little gem (little is key word there) is a Weymouth lad born and bred, and check out his potential!!!!!
    As with all youths at this level I imagine, he does have a couple of issue. Only 5' 3" tall and a jumping of 1, weighing only 113lbs (8st 1lb), so there is nothing to him. But damn!!! 15, will turn 16 within the month. Shows how poor my MC's are as he is immediately twice as good as my current crop.
    Two PPMs, 1 I like (Tries Long Range Passes), 1 I do not (Dwells On Ball).

The rest of the intake was below average, but care I do not

Report Card

Man has this little guy got me buzzing!

Reserves

Braumiller- He looks immense! tutor him to get his determination up and he could be playing in the championship for you!

Reserves

3 games left and I'm 9 points off survival. If I can escape this it would be my greatest ever achievement!

Edit:
    Last edited by ri916; 29-03-2012 at 18:32.

Amateur

Mini-update

After a major disaster in pre-season I've struggled grimly for much of the season and was seriously considering packing it all in when I got an awesome YP intake that's restored my faith in the game Noone quite as good as Braumiller's however...

Reserves

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been so furious in my time of playing fm! After everything I have done for them, Promotion to the BSP, improving finances to over 500k, and despite setting the lowest season expectations every season (avoid relegation) I got this through my inbox. I guess I will be finding a new team after one of my greatest saves .

Part-Timer

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been so furious in my time of playing fm! After everything I have done for them, Promotion to the BSP, improving finances to over 500k, and despite setting the lowest season expectations every season (avoid relegation) I got this through my inbox. I guess I will be finding a new team after one of my greatest saves .
    Oh man, that is unfair
    The immediate issue with our YA teams getting promoted is instant relegation and only the most ambitious / trigger happy chairmen should fail to see that.

Just think ahead to the joy of beating them home and away next season back in the BSN with your new team. Instant rivalry

Reserves

ha ha. I definately think I got unlucky with the chairman. It cost him a lot to get rid of me though as I still had 2-3 years left on my contract.

Amateur

ha ha. I definately think I got unlucky with the chairman. It cost him a lot to get rid of me though as I still had 2-3 years left on my contract.
    Aw unlucky Ri. That was harsh. You going to pick a new team? Or start again like some?

Reserves

I'm going to be away from tomorrow until monday as I'm on holiday and I wont have access to internet (so please dont post to many updates for me to catch up on! ) but I still want to get into and play my new save for this challenge, what do I have to do when i finish tonight to be able to play fm over the weekend without internet access? Do I put steam in offline mode or something? not sure...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast