+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Semi Pro

DOH DOH DOH!!! I missed my youth intake so means they all retired FFs Arghhh!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    DOH DOH DOH!!! I missed my youth intake so means they all retired FFs Arghhh!
    How did you manage that :S

Semi Pro

I summed it wen I went to bed last nite meant just for two weeks while there was a bit of a break but I think put on the wrong one woke up and it went to far

Banned

Unlucky Might cost you

Amateur

How's everybody's coaching stars looking? I'm currently trying to get all mine up to 3 stars but trying to avoid spending too much on wages as I'm over my budget at a measly £3.3k p/w!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    How's everybody's coaching stars looking? I'm currently trying to get all mine up to 3 stars but trying to avoid spending too much on wages as I'm over my budget at a measly £3.3k p/w!
    I've managed to get most to 3 stars/ 2 1/2 stars which is alright. I'm more worried about the fact that my training facilities are two silver stars..

Amateur

Mine are too! Oh well, life in BSP has started very poorly

@ Tactic Master - how are you lining up tactically after your promotion?

Banned

Mine are too! Oh well, life in BSP has started very poorly

@ Tactic Master - how are you lining up tactically after your promotion?
    I try to attack the opposition with a flat 4 - 4 - 2 with a slow tempo and short passing.

Reserves

This challenge has now been going for a week and we have had 10 seasons completed between us- Is this good? what do you guys think?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    This challenge has now been going for a week and we have had 10 seasons completed between us- Is this good? what do you guys think?
    I think it's great. I for one am loving it despite still being in the same division it just shows how much fun it is.
    Last edited by TWFL; 20-03-2012 at 16:48.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    I try to attack the opposition with a flat 4 - 4 - 2 with a slow tempo and short passing.
    I play defensively with direct passing but it's going atrociously at the minute, 4 successive defeats to start the campaign.

Amateur

I think it's really good going. I'm enjoying it, this season seems like it is going to be much harder though!!

Preparing for relegation already.

Banned

I play defensively with direct passing but it's going atrociously at the minute, 4 successive defeats to start the campaign.
    My team can't cope with long balls as we don't have the heading ability outside of defence and the keeper isn't exactly the best in the world. This leaves us with no choice but to pass the ball around and hope that we don't lose it along the way.

Amateur

My team can't cope with long balls as we don't have the heading ability outside of defence and the keeper isn't exactly the best in the world. This leaves us with no choice but to pass the ball around and hope that we don't lose it along the way.
    I struggle aerially but I have my pacey striker set to target man with run onto ball supply. It worked well last year but this year not so well as we are struggling to carve out opportunities. I've reverted all my settings to balanced/default to try turn things round slightly.

Banned

I struggle aerially but I have my pacey striker set to target man with run onto ball supply. It worked well last year but this year not so well as we are struggling to carve out opportunities. I've reverted all my settings to balanced/default to try turn things round slightly.
    Unfortunately I can't rely on pace either, because we don't have that! I hope you manage to turn things round

Amateur

Unfortunately I can't rely on pace either, because we don't have that! I hope you manage to turn things round
    Well we just bagged our first point of the season

Although the new board are talking about replacing me with Danny Higgingbotham, he even attended our latest game!

Banned

Well we just bagged our first point of the season

Although the new board are talking about replacing me with Danny Higgingbotham, he even attended our latest game!
    That would be very disrespectfull!

Amateur

That would be very disrespectfull!
    Indeed! I am very nervous as I'm second bottom.

Although, if I do keep the job, the new board have took us back in the black so I could afford some upgrades

Amateur

Do or die time .... 7 games left, 17 points from safety. Entire team has turn goal shy this season, despite having scored plenty of goals in the previous 2 seasons.

Very impressed by my latest youth intake though, 3 of them have gone straight into the first team squad!

Amateur

Unlucky Avramski. Keep fighting!

Amateur

Sacked after losing 2-1 to Sutton Utd :mad:

Oh well. I'll roll back to the save I have on June 13th 2013 so I can pick a fresh team. I was highly impressed after getting my 3rd (and final) youth intake. It was that good I didn't know who to give the YP tag to, as there was 5 players who my coach said were good enough to be good league 2 players.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Avramski View Post
    Do or die time .... 7 games left, 17 points from safety. Entire team has turn goal shy this season, despite having scored plenty of goals in the previous 2 seasons.

Very impressed by my latest youth intake though, 3 of them have gone straight into the first team squad!
    Best of luck and I hope you stay up, especially with the good youth intake.

[Edit] Unlucky on the sacking mate...

Reserves

Unlucky Avramski. You will do better next time with the knowledge you have gained

I have changed the table in the second post to show the number of clubs people have managed as i realise it will be hard for players to keep their jobs.

Banned

Finding things hard now over at Chester, but my star defender has just come back from injury after 5 weeks out. The bad form started when he got injured! He comes back and we beat Forest Green 1 - 0

Reserves

just added a new section on the third post. I hope it will allow players to be immortalised in the history of this challenge

It will also make people check every player in their intake.

Amateur

A bit of form is coming together now.

And some great news!

Amateur

just added a new section on the third post. I hope it will allow players to be immortalised in the history of this challenge

It will also make people check every player in their intake.
    I'm pretty safe from missing my son because the name 'Bainborough' isn't too common so very recognisable

Amateur

Serious attempt at the youth only challenge .... take 2!

On June 24th, I had a goodly selection of clubs to choose from. Carshalton and Lewes in the BSS and Bury Town, Chester, Lowestoft and Northwich in the BSN. I decided to take charge of Northwich, as they had the biggest squad, plus their junior coaching was considered basic, which was better than the others.

Anyway ....

Club overview
    Club facilities
    First team squad
    Reserve team squad
    My profile

Oh, and for those interested, my final youth intake at Carshalton.

Amateur

Hendon 2012/13 - Blue Square South
    End of Season Update

League Table : Delighted with the teams performance, tho there was a dip in form with 15 games to go picking up only 3 wins. YP01 and YP02 were 1st and 2nd in the scoring charts come christmas but the drop in form saw them only gather 1 more goal each. YP01 still finished 2nd in the charts while YP02 got 5th.

Playoffs: a 6-1 agg loss in the semis to dorchester made sure we were not promted.

Fa Cup : out in the 2 qually round

Fa Trophy : out in the 2nd rnd.

Squad : Most of the squad now consists of my own youth players which im delighted at. there isnt too much depth this season but with an ok youth intake come halfway through the season some off the youth might be ready for the step up.

Youth Intake : Happy with the intake and for a 3rd time out of 4 a ST get the prestigious YP Tag

Samuel Wood YP04: rated highly by all staff, he definatly has potential but the current ability might see him making a few sub appearences in the season about to start

Key Player

Russel Andrews YP01 : really impressive since he joined us on the first intake. his finishing has gone from 2-7 in this period and this is a major contribution to the amount off goals scored. 20 goals in 42 in the league.

Finances: two cups set up in the pre season saw us rake in the cash and we went from -380k to -80k and we lost a further 20k throughout the season. cups will be rescheduled in the next pre season to boost our money

And of course TRANSFERS

Next season
    looking forward to this seaon, maybe the team can build on last season, but i would be happy with just a mid table finish. and luckily thats all the board want. 3 more older players will be leaving in pre season leaving only 5 players in the squad and the rest will be all youth. with the friendly cups should see us make huge profit and there fore i will be asking the board for more junior coaching. only 1 improvement in all 4 seasons
    Last edited by the_greyham; 20-03-2012 at 18:46.

Reserves

Greyman- Isnt this your 4th season update? also your league table screenshot seems to be showing salthill devons 2016 transfers

still i managed to gather you made the playoffs! and lost . Hopefully you can build on this season and push for promotion again! a decent youth intake, however I'm jealous of you as i need a striker to come through and i havent had a decent one yet!
    Last edited by ri916; 20-03-2012 at 18:43.

Amateur

Serious attempt at the youth only challenge .... take 2!

On June 24th, I had a goodly selection of clubs to choose from. Carshalton and Lewes in the BSS and Bury Town, Chester, Lowestoft and Northwich in the BSN. I decided to take charge of Northwich, as they had the biggest squad, plus their junior coaching was considered basic, which was better than the others.

Anyway ....

Club overview
    Club facilities
    First team squad
    Reserve team squad
    My profile

Oh, and for those interested, my final youth intake at Carshalton.
    Would you be able to post a screenshot of Amoako, Gray and Alexander mate?

Sorry if it's any inconvenience, I'm just interested

Good luck with your new club.

Amateur

Greyman- Isnt this your 4th season update? also your league table screenshot seems to be showing salthill devons 2016 transfers

still i managed to gather you made the playoffs! and lost . Hopefully you can build on this season and push for promotion again! a decent youth intake, however I'm jealous of you as i need a striker to come through and i havent had a decent one yet!
    all fixed now sorry about that. as for the intakes all i seem to get in St's and i need to bolster the rest of the positions, this season i hope for a GK,RB and a LB and that should see me have enough to survive in the BSP when i get there

Amateur

Would you be able to post a screenshot of Amoako, Gray and Alexander mate?
    Sorry, forgot to get screenies as I was more bothered about trying to keep the club in the league.

Amateur

Sorry, forgot to get screenies as I was more bothered about trying to keep the club in the league.
    Okay mate no worries.

Amateur

Just had the BEST youth intake so far. My junior coaching is now at Good and this really helped. I will post an update in a bit.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    Just had the BEST youth intake so far. My junior coaching is now at Good and this really helped. I will post an update in a bit.
    Hoping to get mine up to good before March!

Banned

I don't understand, I can't seem to get Junior Coaching or Youth Recruitment upgraded... Cant even upgrade my youth facilities or training facilities, or even fix my water logged pitch for that matter!

Amateur

I don't understand, I can't seem to get Junior Coaching or Youth Recruitment upgraded... Cant even upgrade my youth facilities or training facilities, or even fix my water logged pitch for that matter!
    I couldn't, until my new board came in

Amateur

Don't worry I can't get any of the other stuff sorted plus I'm still not promoted so I'd rather be in your place.

Banned

Looking at the youth players people are getting through, mine look ridiculous lol...

Amateur

Looking at the youth players people are getting through, mine look ridiculous lol...
    I thought mine were but they are proving to perform OK when I give them a chance.

Reserves

FC United of Manchester- Season 2 2013-2014

League Table- Another solid season from FC United which saw us improve by 7points on last season but still fail to score more than a goal a game.

Transfers- No problems there.

Squad- Once again Wolfenden is top scorer but he isnt really doing enough to push us up the table

Youth squad- I forgot to take a screen of the youth intake so I have decided to post my youth squad instead. All of my Players with YP tags are in the first team but I'll go through them now. Kristian Colbourne is our best prospect but unfortunately is in a position we already have a 5 star player for. Still, he has better potential so should take the number 1 shirt in coming years. Now, the two centre backs that came through, who may forge a great partnership in coming years. Jordan Ling and Louis Jordan should improve well and I hope to give them game time next year.

YP watch

In this section i will do a screenshot of all players in my squad that have a YP tag and do an analysis of them.

Joe White YP01- has improved in tackling immensely. Got some first team action and has been tutored, which has improved his determination a bit.

David Roberts YP02- Wasnt initally a YP, but i felt he deserved it as much as White so i gave them both one. Has made massive strides, and i hope he will become our ball winning midfielder in the future.

Next season

To develop the YP's! I will give them as much game time as possible ( so we still are comfortable in mid table). Also to improve the finances with friendlies and improve junior coaching and youth facilities.

Amateur

I love the Northwich board already. Only 3 weeks into the job, and they have agreed to a increase in the number of coaches allowed (to 4) and an increase in my junior coaching (to adequate). Happy days are here already!

PS. Here's hoping for a good cup run so I can get the junior coaching increased again before March 13th

EDIT :: Maybe things won't be quite so easy after all. A lot of players refused to renew their contracts and walked out of the club. I'm now down to a squad of 17 players! March 13th can't come around quick enough now!
    Last edited by Avramski; 20-03-2012 at 20:37.

Banned

Quick Update From Me... For the full update, check out my Career Update Thread

We've had some very mixed moments since Decemeber, with a very bad month that month, then an almost perfect month in January, back to a bad month in February!

We've been knocked out of the FA Cup by League 1 side Swindon, who we pushed to the limit with a draw at home, but they were too much in the replay...

We've also been knocked out of the FA Trophy by Macclesfield, but that was to be expected as they are top of the league and unstoppable right now!

Semi Pro

Youth Intake

Graeme Fletcher - Got High hopes for this guy he isnt in the 1st at the moment but hes on the bench and i am sure it will only be a matter of time before he is there

Les Constantine Looking like he will be pushing my DM next season for a spot in the starting 11

Amateur

Couple of questions about this challenge (which I should have thought about and asked before now).

Triallists. Is it ok to sign players on a trial basis, as long as you don't sign them permanently afterwards?

Is it ok to sign the virtual greyed out players to fill out your squad?

Reserves

no and no. there just loop holes and i will now put it in the rules

Banned

no and no. there just loop holes and i will now put it in the rules
    Your up early I'm off to work now.

Reserves

school :/ have to get up early every weekday for it.

Amateur

I was up at 7 for a 5 mile run

Banned

I was up at 7 for a 5 mile run
    I do my run at 10pm every other day, do it with a bunch of lads. Really enjoy it.

Banned

Should have my youth intake this afternoon! Can't wait

Amateur

I do my run at 10pm every other day, do it with a bunch of lads. Really enjoy it.
    2 extremes of the day

I've never ran that late at night, I used to go to the gym quite late. Might be worth a go.

I also run every other day, training for the Humber half marathon.

Back to the game though - we're sitting one place above the relegation zone but are really struggling to put any wins together with only 3 in 16 games. It's going to be close.

Semi Pro

Carshalton Athletic

Squad

Finances - looking ok friendly's will sort this out and also looking for a parent club to pay me money

Transfers - Lost my best goalie i had no choice in the matter chairman went over my head

League Table - Finished 9th next season i want a good cup run and get promoted (ill get the table up later i somehow forgot it hmm)

Future Looks Great

Not the biggest of post i know but its all i can do at the moment going to work soon so i thought id better get something up :d

Amateur

That's a very promising performance by your under 19's toonbalmy87.

Amateur

Certainly better than what I managed at Carshalton!

Reserves

Toon- Good season there. Is this your third season as it says your in 2015? but i dont remember 3 updates?

Semi Pro

Toon- Good season there. Is this your third season as it says your in 2015? but i dont remember 3 updates?
    no 2nd got relegated with Fc united but that's sort off a dark memory to me so stop reminding me of it hahah or I'll have nightmares again

Semi Pro

I was going to post an update of it but I didn't really play I holidayed it as I expected them to stay up and they made 275k in the financial year

Amateur

I'm interested in trying out this challenge, even though it'll be a slow start for me due to my schedule at the moment. Here's the intro screenshots though to get things started

Database
    Profile 1
    Profile 2
    Facilities
    Club Info

As you can see, the team that I'm starting off with is Bury Town, who's going through a board takeover at the moment, so should be interesting

Got a nice geography lesson too, since I kinda assumed when I picked the team that it would be near the Manchester area, but Bury St. Edmunds is northeast of London instead so I was way off
    Last edited by slich; 21-03-2012 at 15:51.

Reserves

welcome to the challenge slich! good to see someone go for bury town and I too was under the impression they would be near manchester!

Banned

2013/2014 Youth Intake!

Although I was hoping for more than one "definate" top talent, i'm over the moon! I've got my first San Marino player Not only that, he's the best of the bunch! I have high hopes that I could train him up well and he will play for San Marino in no time!

The Youth Intake & Manuele De Petrillo YP02

Chester Youth Candidates

Manuele De Petrillo YP02 Overview

Manuele De Petrillo YP02 Report

Banned

Welcome to the challenge Slich, hope you can do a good job at Bury Town

Amateur

Season 2014/15 - Carshalton Athletic

League: It was a decent season. It was an improvement over last season with us finishing in 11th. At one point we were pushing for a play-off place but an injury to Anthony Freeman YP02, the man we rely on, meant there was a drop in form and an average mid-tabled finish.

Squad: Proof that we heavily relied on Anthony Freeman YP02 and Ross Hale YP03 throughout the season but the recent Youth Intake should help that.

Youth Intake: This was great news and mainly down to Junior Coaching being at such a high level. Calvin Coddingtown (what a name!) and Josh Brazier both got themselves YP tags but Brendan Hayter and Anton Little were both called up the senior squad.

Finances: It is looking good and healthy. The money spinning friendlies really helped and I managed to improve the Junior Coaching to good.

This is another piece of evidence as to how good Anthony Freeman is, it was only his 3rd season.

Also got approached for the first time. Safe to say I rejected it..

Oh and Transfers.

Banned

Well done TWFL and it's a shame he got injured, or you probably could have been in with a chance. I think next season could be your season! Fingers crossed

Banned

Training Schedules Preview

I've got 3 schedules to display and I would like your opinions on them if possible. This is just basically my take on how to create a schedule for that specific role.

Note: I always use individual training to focus on a specific stat that is too low or I want to get high. Example... If a Poacher has 5 finishing, it obviously needs to be focused on.

Poacher Training Schedule

The Poacher schedule, after taking a second look, i'm not too sure if i've given enough Strength Training, so your opinions on that are needed. I feel a poacher needs to be able to accelerate fast and have pace to get to the ball, so i've put Aerobic up high. Also a poacher needs to be good at anticipating and decision making, so i've put tactic training up high. He's a poacher, so he doesn't need to worry as much about his technique and dribbling, but he still needs some training to improve his first touch. I've often seen strikers go in for a tackle and turn it into a goal, so I believe all strikers need some defence training, with extra for poachers. The attacking slot is up just passed halfway, as with my team, I feel all players need to know how to pass, cross and create. Shooting is self explanatory, he needs this most because he's a poacher and need to know how to finish.

Target Man Training Schedule

A Target Man needs to focus more on his Strength training than Aerobic training, because he needs strength over pace, basically for going up for headers and holding up play. He will need to be a good decision maker and be able to anticipate, but equally needs to be able to dribble well, have a good first touch etc. Once again, he has a slight bit of defensive training, whilst having decent training for passing and creativity etc. Shooting is once again the main training focus as he's a striker.

Complete Forward Training Schedule

A complete forward needs the ability to do almost anything, he needs to be equally strong, whilst have good acceleration and pace, along with decision making, dribbling, creativity etc. The main focus being his shooting abilities. If you think i've got this one wrong, please give me your advice

Reserves

TWFL- Good season there. Your side is definately improving and I think a playoff push is on for season 4. Good youth intake with some excellent players coming through.

Amateur

That's some excellent potential there for your youth TWFL, looks like the future is bright.

Amateur

Even with all the great prospects I cannot seem to string any results together. Pre-season was fine but as soon as the season starts we suddenly can't score/defend/pass. I'm thinking of returning to a simple 4-4-2 to see if we can at least play like that..

Amateur

Training Schedules Preview

I've got 3 schedules to display and I would like your opinions on them if possible. This is just basically my take on how to create a schedule for that specific role.

Note: I always use individual training to focus on a specific stat that is too low or I want to get high. Example... If a Poacher has 5 finishing, it obviously needs to be focused on.

Poacher Training Schedule

The Poacher schedule, after taking a second look, i'm not too sure if i've given enough Strength Training, so your opinions on that are needed. I feel a poacher needs to be able to accelerate fast and have pace to get to the ball, so i've put Aerobic up high. Also a poacher needs to be good at anticipating and decision making, so i've put tactic training up high. He's a poacher, so he doesn't need to worry as much about his technique and dribbling, but he still needs some training to improve his first touch. I've often seen strikers go in for a tackle and turn it into a goal, so I believe all strikers need some defence training, with extra for poachers. The attacking slot is up just passed halfway, as with my team, I feel all players need to know how to pass, cross and create. Shooting is self explanatory, he needs this most because he's a poacher and need to know how to finish.

Target Man Training Schedule

A Target Man needs to focus more on his Strength training than Aerobic training, because he needs strength over pace, basically for going up for headers and holding up play. He will need to be a good decision maker and be able to anticipate, but equally needs to be able to dribble well, have a good first touch etc. Once again, he has a slight bit of defensive training, whilst having decent training for passing and creativity etc. Shooting is once again the main training focus as he's a striker.

Complete Forward Training Schedule

A complete forward needs the ability to do almost anything, he needs to be equally strong, whilst have good acceleration and pace, along with decision making, dribbling, creativity etc. The main focus being his shooting abilities. If you think i've got this one wrong, please give me your advice

A lot of the time I have my shooting training on 0 and use individual focus for finishing as I have no need for long shots whatsoever.

However, if I want to focus on a different attribute I have to reconfigure my whole schedule.

Banned

With my team, often our only chances are long shots, so its good to work on them, whilst using focus training on much needed areas such as quickness and stamina, maybe passing etc... I do agree that once I reach a higher level and the players are capable, that 0 shooting training would be the way forward. Ill have the end of season report up tonight.

Decided to try this challenge, some kind of game that will last me ages

Went on Holiday for a year, and up came Lowestoft Town, here is Me, here is The Squad, and finally, these Transfers of when I arrived
    Last edited by Drew the Cookie Eater; 22-03-2012 at 18:10.

Reserves

Halifax aren't a newly promoted side.

Ah damn it, was looking at the wrong thing, my bad.

Changed it now, Lowestoft here I come, plus the side are quite local to me too.

Looking through the squad it doesn't look too bad, includes a few ex Ipswich youngsters, so we should do quite well.

Reserves

Drew- Welcome to the challenge! I'll add you on to the second post now ;)

Amateur

nom nom nom - welcome drew the cookie eater to hell

Reserves

finished season 3. Will be up tomorrow

Amateur

I've stalled a bit after a very busy week! Sorry about my lack of progress. I'm in December season 2 and sitting one place above the relegations zone, 4 points clear

Reserves

I've stalled too. Got back to playing a bit today and have a couple of reserve posts. Not doing monthly updates in my thread now. It'll be season updates now. Starting to get bored. Got my youth intake. No one great, but I have decent/good looking defenders and a decent striker iirc. I'll do a post about it in a minute.

Amateur

Hendon 2016/17 - Blue Square South
    End of Season Update

League Table : Really struggled this season, i think we are the draw specialists this round tho. at one point all 4 of our strikers were out for 4 weeks+ there was a boken ankle,leg,arm all in the one match, ended that game with 8 on the pitch lol

Fa Cup : fantstic run saw us go to the 3rd round to be destroyed by cardiff

Fa Trophy : out at the first hurdle

Squad : plagued by injury all season we suffered badly.

Youth Intake : a good intake sees another striker get the yp tag, (i dont want anymore st's fm please)

Dean Stannard YP05 : good stats and straight into the first team this guy should score goals for sure.

Key Player

Anthoney Chapman : a player from the youth setup that has shone this season in the DM role. handy that he can play Dc and MC aswell just as good. and of course he was injury free thank god

Finances: cups scheduled to reach the black and then a fantastic cup run sees a health budjet.

And of course TRANSFERS

Facilities : thought id show this, this season as the junior coaching has increased. yay

Next season
    more cups in pre season, the only viable way to make money, improve on the league and hopefully more junior coaching

Banned

An unfortunate season their Greyham, but i'm sure you will bounce back, just need to stay free of injuries

I've finally completed my 2nd season guys, but it's been slow progress over the past 2 days with commitments etc... I'm off work Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, so expect plenty from me on those days, but not so much beforehand.

Will have the end of season update sorted tomorrow!

Reserves

Not doing too bad at the moment. Changed my tactics and brought in 7 youth players from my intake into my first team. We're unbeaten in 8 iirc. Three of those with the youngsters. 3 have started all 3. Just outside the play-offs with about 4 games to go. We've lost a hell of a lot of money. We're down to £18k at the moment.

Reserves

Greyham- Unlucky not to push up the table, your lack of defenders in the youth intake is starting to show, with you conceding over 60 goals this season. I can feel the playoff form coming so just stick at it and you'll get there mate ;).

Joe and Forest- sorry to hear your progress has slowed. Hopefully you guys can get some time to play and get into the saves.
    Last edited by ri916; 23-03-2012 at 06:22.

Decent start to the season with Lowestoft, 3 wins out of 4, averaging 2 goals a game.

Just need to build on the start and try and finish in the top 10; judging by last season, we will need at least 42 points to stay up, shouldn't be too hard.

Semi Pro

Update on my game its all getting lil bit squeaky bum time i am currently 2nd and there 3 points between me and 1st with 3 games to go

Reserves

Drew, don't say that. Wait for the incosistent form which usually hits around November . Just a little update from myself. 2 games to go and we've finally jumped ahead of FC United. They were matching our results until the last game. So yeah 2 games left and as long as we win both of them we'll claim a play-off spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Drew, don't say that. Wait for the incosistent form which usually hits around November . Just a little update from myself. 2 games to go and we've finally jumped ahead of FC United. They were matching our results until the last game. So yeah 2 games left and as long as we win both of them we'll claim a play-off spot.
    Yep, cursed myself, we only took 5 points in November, and we're currently hanging around mid-table, which I'm quite pleased with seeing as we are having trouble scoring goals at the moment, I just pray that we have a half decent striker in the youth intake in a few months time

Reserves

We've done it . Play-offs here we come. One game to go. I don't know whether I want to win it though as I want to play Hinckley(2nd) and not Guiseley or Boston .

Banned

Well done Forest Best of luck in the play-offs!

10 games to go, should be safe.

New Youth Intake

No 5* PA players, but a new goalie, and a new left back, so that should save me some wages.

Reserves

Are you guys going on attributes or potential ability? I've gone on attributes and I have 7 possibly 8 in my first team.

Hopefully I'll get a son or two eventually.

A bit of both really, my four youngsters have better PA, and better attributes than the more senior players in my side.

Bung them into the first team ASAP, and get rid of the over-paid first teamers, or use them as back-up if they are on low wages.

Banned

Monthly Updates

March

March Results

After a difficult month in February, losing many matches, we finally put a bit of form together! It wasn't the best of months, but we only lost once and I will take anything at this stage! Just to justify the results a bit more, 5 out of 6 of those games were against teams in the top 10!

April

April Results

April was very much like March, with some very difficult matches. It seems that we just couldn't win this month, except the shocking victory over Mansfield. The Kettering match has to go down as a very bad results, with Kettering in last place and already relegated, so I would have expected so much more from that game, but it wasn't to be!

End Of Season Report To Follow Soon!

Reserves

Chester FC - Blue Square North - 2012-2013

League Table

A season of being consistently inconsistent up until February when we managed to string together a good unbeaten run of 12 games or so to drag ourselves into the Play-offs. We had to do it the hard way as we were chasing FC United for the last 5 games and we had to play 3 teams around us. 2 above us, Guiseley and Hinckley and FC Halifax below us.

Play-off Semi Final 1st Leg

The stats make us look like we were in it. We weren't and we were lucky to only be 2-1 down. Having two key players sent off wasn't helpful. Especially for the second leg.

Play-off Semi Final 2nd Leg

A game in which we were much improved. We had a goal disallowed at the start of the second half for "offside". It was blatently onside and that goal not being given certainly turned the game as they went and scored 2 more. One from a defensive mistake and the other from a penalty. We had more clear chances to score and probably should have scored another 4 more. But whether it be pressure or not, we failed to and fall at this hurdle.

FA Cup

We managed to get from the 2nd Qualifying Round all the way to the 1st Round proper. I was hopeful of an easier side than the one we got as there was many non-league sides still involved. Unfortunately we got one of the best sides in the 1st Round, Charlton Athletic and they well and truly beat us despite us taking the lead through a Matty McGinn free-kick.

FA Trophy

We fell at the 4th Qualifying Round in this competition to FC United during our bad spell. We just couldn't cope and although a trophy and some funds would have been nice, it's not a problem.

Finances

We had a lot of money at the start of the season and now we have next to nothing. We could have a few issues this season with finances as a few senior players will be leaving. I'm tempted to let them leave just before the start of the season so that I can use them and my under 18s that probably won't make the grade to earn us some money.

Transfers - Just to prove I haven't signed anyone.

My Player of the Season

Jamie Rainford - Jamie, much like most of our squad was consistently inconsistent. However, when he played he'd usually get a goal or he'd be key to most of our play.

My Young Player of the Season

There isn't much time for someone to win this. But this guy has done due to the way he's played.

Callum Chester - I was unsure whether or not to give Callum the YP9 tag as I didn't think he could make it. I promoted him to my first team though so he was there and I could use him if need be. Another one of my younger strikers failed to make an impact and I thought why not, throw him in and see what he can do. He scored a brace on his debut and I believe he became the youngest scorer for me or the Blue Square North. He also had a goal disallowed in the 2nd leg against Hinckley which had it gone it could have made the game a bit different.

Next Season

The team is set for next season until about March time. Hoepfully during pre-season we can help those current young players kick on and help them become better players. I'd also like us to have a strong pre-season, both financially and match wise in the hope that I can get another improvement on some of the club's facilities or networking.

Amateur

Just a small update from me to show that I'm still around

League Table
    Having a decent start to the first year so far, hopefully we can perform well enough to stay up.

Squad
    We're going to need other people to step up though for that to happen as 5 out of the 6 goals scored have come from our striker

Reserves

Some point last season, I overhauled my backroom staff with the hope of bringing in better quality coaches in order for my players to progress.

I'd figure now is the best time to go through by backroom staff and what training I try get them to take charge of.

Steve Aris - Assistant Manager - Defending

Robert Wright - Coach - Tactics & Ball Control

Ian Kelly - Coach - Aerobic

Alexander Hemsley - Coach - Strength

Clark Coates - Coach - Shooting

Dominic Booth - Coach - Attacking

Rory Riley - Goalkeeping Coach - Shot Stopping & Handling

Steve Whitehall - Physio

Alex Hay - Scout

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast